• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
After seeing this comic, I support the title of Super Smash Bros. Royale

I demand constant Battle Royale movie references.

BiggoronLink

Smash Rookie
the should make melee 2.0 with all the brawl characters and stages but without the garbage of brawl(i.e. everything except 4 taunts)

Roihu

Smash Ace
the should make melee 2.0 with all the brawl characters and stages but without the garbage of brawl(i.e. everything except 4 taunts)
Because Sakurai and the whole new business Nintendo have of casual gamers is obviously gonna listen to the like what 1000 competitive gamers? 5000 at the most.

BiggoronLink

Smash Rookie
just common sense kids, if i punch you in the face will you just stand there or will you somehow react? and whens the last time you were walking down the street and just tripped?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Because Sakurai and the whole new business Nintendo have of casual gamers is obviously gonna listen to the like what 1000 competitive gamers? 5000 at the most.
Because somehow Brawl is so much more fun (on a mechanics level) than Melee was?

Let's face it, Brawl is probably less fun for even casual players on a basic level. The casual player enjoys the chaos that items and the like create. A slower system and more powerful shielding actually reduce the level of things that casuals enjoy. My brother and his friends only play casually, and they feel Melee had better core mechanics. The fast-paced actions and chaos are just win.

Nintendo will likely pander to the casual crowd. However, the casual crowd would likely enjoy a game that has more competitive potential because of similar base characteristics.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Melee 2.0 Complete.
and
Improve online play

Improve Stage Builder

Also make Golden sun characters playable.
and make more Fire Emblem characters playable.
(Like Lyn, Guy, or Wallace.)

Bring back techniques like Wavedashing.
No more Floatyness.
More hitstun.
Faster gameplay.
Bring back melee airdodge.

Basically make Melee 2.0

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see what they would do with the whole l-canceling/wd/hitstun thing. They should also add in a lot more characters.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I can do without wavedashing, it was and still is overhyped, but L-Cancelling, make that official for SSB4.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'd rather them not make a new SSB than make Melee 2.0.....
People are complaining because "techniques", or glitches, like wavedashing aren't in.
I may be wrong, but did Sakurai actually put wavedashing in on purpose, or was it a glitch that allowed your character to slide when you pressed certain buttons?

§leepy God

Smash Master
I can do without wavedashing, it was and still is overhyped, but L-Cancelling, make that official for SSB4.
This I agree. Wavedashing lovers kind of remind me of Snaking lovers from Mario Kart DS, once it was taken out on Mario Kart Wii, so many people was angry about it, I don't know why.

Back to my reason for posting: I don't see a lot of talk about what item should be in the game, the top item I want is the Red Star from Mario Galaxy.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
We've already decided on Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs, though.
What?!?!?

No, immediatly change it to Super Smash Bros. Clash, the rest fail. If this was a serious title, Fisticuffs would be a long ways away from being an actual title. (if this isn't serious, than ignore me being a party-pooper)

do u think de blob will make it as a charater:confused:
If your trying to crack a joke, it would be wise to actually contribute to this thread.
If your serious, please, find a different Smash-based forum.

(Check his profile, he's quite the popular guy :p)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs is a bad name, imo. How about...
Super Smash Bros. Clash (this is a popular one)
Super Smash Bros. Conflict
Super Smash Bros. Feud
Super Smash Bros. Rumble (sounds a bit... generic, though)
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle (lulz)

I PROMISE I DIDN'T JUST PULL SOME OFF OF A THESAURUS. >_> <_<

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Refresh me as to why you're posting in here, Spadefox?

K. ROOL FOR SSB4

BIRTHDAY SUIT SNAKE FOR SSB4

Anyone who doesn't agree is a biased bigot who knows nothing. That is all.
Amirite?

Issac, Megaman, Midna, Captain Rainbow, RayMKII, Dixie Kong, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider?
Bring back Armored/Mewtwo and Roy?
Remove Toon Link.
Change up Ganondorf and Wolf even more.
Use of the Z-air for every character in some sort of fashion.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
What?!?!?

No, immediatly change it to Super Smash Bros. Clash, the rest fail. If this was a serious title, Fisticuffs would be a long ways away from being an actual title. (if this isn't serious, than ignore me being a party-pooper)

If your trying to crack a joke, it would be wise to actually contribute to this thread.
If your serious, please, find a different Smash-based forum.

(Check his profile, he's quite the popular guy :p)
shut the **** up i am asking a qustion you think your made smart

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Double-posting is violating the rules. Please refrain from it, as well from being rude to other users, otherwise I'm bound to report you.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Double-posting is violating the rules. Please refrain from it, as well from being rude to other users, otherwise I'm bound to report you.
another almighty from the brawl room, lulz

this is some serious **** man, if you act in a bad manner, youll be exiled from North America

double posting (even if by mistake) is a deadly sin and is punishable by death at the cross

/sarcasim

anyways i like Smash Brothers IV, it seems better then most of these "fighting" words like Clash or...

Smash Brothers, Epic Battle!

but in all seriousness, they could call it Smash Brothers, smash babies if they want, just bring back hit stun, and full Cancling (as in Smash64 cancling)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
another almighty from the brawl room, lulz
I'm not from the SBR, and I've never seen it from inside, so, wrong.

this is some serious **** man, if you act in a bad manner, youll be exiled from North America
Yeah. 'cause everyone here is from North America! Even the Europeans and Asians!

double posting (even if by mistake) is a deadly sin and is punishable by death at the cross
A mistake would be if he would've hit the Quote-button instead of the Edit-button. But he replied normally, so it wasn't a mistake. And yes, I would love to see double-posters like this one die, but that's just me.

/sarcasim
As someone whose native language is NOT English, I have to say: It's spelled "sarcasm".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom