• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. The reason we're not getting any Square characters in is because they want insane amounts of money to use their characters. It's like...
"Jeez, we'll give you a share of the profit for using your character, kthx."
Why would Square require a lot of money...they are just like any other 3rd party...and they aren't even doing that well business-wise right now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, seeing as how Snake is the only character in Super Smash Bros. to have a current-gen console game that is actually ANY good at ALL, he should stay.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Snake and sonic should be removed from the next super smash brothers.
Way to make an intentionally inflammatory comment and then provide nothing to back it up...
HINT: This is a subtle suggestion to give us some reasoning.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
so heres my question. what are the top 3 characters you want in the new game.

for me it would be earthworm jim, chrono and tails.

also what do you think about air taunts?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Buff Jigglypuff highly.
Bring back Mewtwo.

Hopefully I can see Tetra.

Make TL more important in the story mode.
Toon Link/Young Link > Link by a far off margin. Who started the LoZ series again?.. meh.. but Link is a veternan so he should play a major role. Although no getting rid of Toon Link. Best approach for a Link evar made.

Take out Meta Knight and Lucas. DO NOT WANT!
I hate them both, mainly Meta Knight though. I hate Lucas for stealing Ness' thunder. (pun intended)

Hmm, let me see..

A new Pokemon Trainer, I actually already posted this a looong time ago in the Pkm trainer forums... I can't seem to find it. Basically put in another Pokemon Trainer with new generation pokemon. Maybe not all starters this time, but it doesn't matter in the long run. Appeal to the fanboys, Sakurai. Oh, and make it Dawn this time, not that silly Lucas/Brendan/Gold.

Put in Amy Rose. I don't know much about her, but shes in Sonic Advanced and is freakin awesome with that hammer.
Give Ganondorf the power to use his sword.

Ideas for my Main: Toon Link

NEW RECOVERY METHOD, PLEASE. I'm tired of seeing the spin attack:

Deku Leaf, flies up in the air with his Deku Leaf and slowly falls down. Kind of like Peaches umbrella.
Bombs should stay in, although Boomerang should be replaced with his Skull Hammer, Maybe a side swing? It seems fun.

New ideas for Final Smashes (Links/Toon Links):
Toon Link: Plays Ballad of the Gales with his WindWaker - a cyclone comes from Toon Link, getting bigger as it moves whichever way TL is facing, engulfing opponents and doing damage/sending them flying up. See: SSB64; Hyrule Castle.
Link; Also Wolf Link: Midna comes out of Links shadow and puts on the Mask of Twilight (what's its name again, guys? I've only played through it once..) She then grabs an opponent in front of Link, giving Link an opportunity to let Link strike.
Wolf Link: His Triforce glows, and then suddenly WL attacks his opponent just like he does with Triforce slash, doing massive damage to the opponent and having a final blow that knocks them back far.
I can't explain A attacks and B as far as Wolf Link goes, although Midna's hair should play a MAJOR role in his recovery (yes, tether recovery) assuming she rides on his back.

Nothing else I can really think of. Hope this sparks some imagination.

MarsRoy

Smash Ace
see this is why i didnt want to put it in here. i get things i never wanted. but i understand you people run your show with your ... rules. so be it .

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
1. Alter existing stages
2. Tag team multiplayer
3. REAL online
4. Bomberman, Dr. Eggman, Megaman, Ridley, Lanky Kong, Toadsworth, Conker, Tom Nook, Samuri Goroh, Lip, Kat and Ana, Sturm, Lyn, Molf link + Midna, Chibi Robo, Voldo, Beast Sonic, Gray Fox, Cosmic Mario, and a character from the upcoming mushroom game should be in.
5. All previous stages.
6. Better 1p plot.

Ing.

Smash Cadet
optional special moves would b nice (smash ball specials) depending on which direction + B due to ssbb have compolsary transformations (Samus > ZSS)

Magitek Angel

Smash Rookie
-Leaderboards and rankings for the online.
-Mewtwo and Roy.
-Whatever new characters Sakurai gets around to adding.
-A pair of comfortable Earplugs to block out the inevitable whine of people insisting Melee is better than this game, too.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Frown, I have one question for you:
When is the amount of awesomeness in your posts not STAGGERING?

I still don't want a Square character in the roster of SSB. Square has so little really representative characters, and all of them suck, imho, except for those in Chrono Trigger and Valkyrie Profile.
I mean, what notable series does Square-enix has? Final Fantasy, Seiken Densetsu/Mana and Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy has no really character standing for the series, seeing as all of the games are not connected. Seiken Densetsu has generic anime-fantasy-characters, and the games, albeit being connected, have no sequels featuring similar or same characters. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts - which imo isn't worth the mention, considering Sora would be another sword-swinger, and we have already enough of them.
except for all the characters that SE puts into multiple final fantasy games/movies. lets see, cloud has been in ff7, ff7 advent children, FFtactics, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, crisis core, and erghiez. thats 7 games and a movie, i don't know if he was in that ps2 game with vincent as the main character dirge of cerberus or anything, cuz i never played it, but i'd say cloud pretty much reps SE. and plus he could have a way more interesting moveset than all of the other generic sword users that are currently in brawl.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
see this is why i didnt want to put it in here. i get things i never wanted. but i understand you people run your show with your ... rules. so be it .
God, you're so annoying. I hope you never come back into this thread. -.-"

except for all the characters that SE puts into multiple final fantasy games/movies. lets see, cloud has been in ff7, ff7 advent children, FFtactics, kingdom hearts, kingdom hearts 2, crisis core, and erghiez. thats 7 games and a movie, i don't know if he was in that ps2 game with vincent as the main character dirge of cerberus or anything, cuz i never played it, but i'd say cloud pretty much reps SE. and plus he could have a way more interesting moveset than all of the other generic sword users that are currently in brawl.
Let's see...
FF7 was on PSX
FF7 Advent Children is a movie and therefore doesn't count
Crisis Core was on PSP
FF Tactics was on PSX
Ehrgeiz was on PSX
Kingdom Hearts series were on PS2
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was on GBA, but Cloud played an extremely minor role (not to mention the game is more of a spin-off than something else)

I don't see how he is a viable character on a Nintendo console. Snake's first few games were on NES and Sonic's more recent games are on Nintendo consoles. Not to mention that Sega and Nintendo are working together more than less, seeing how for example F-Zero GX was developed by a Sega-daughter and how they made Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

And as said: I don't think Square-enix has a fitting rep for Smash, and I doubt they will ever have one.

SKATE89

Smash Rookie
My list for SSB4 if made

Shadow
Geno SMRPG
kooper Paper mario
OLD SNAKE MGS
Chorno
SFA Guy Final Fight Advance
megaman
bombermam
toad

nuff said.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
for final fantasy they should have a generic black mage, that could work and a magic moveset could be cool

Zephyr II

Smash Rookie
Bring Back Mewtwo

Improve Stage Builder

" " " Online

Put Feraligatr, Sceptile & Dragonite in pokeballs :D

DONT give Ganondorf a sword!

Make Shadow Playable (but not a clone of Sonic :O)

Real time - In game events could happen depending on when you're playing (eg. at Christmas, all the stages could have snow, or there could be new Christmas themed items, like candycanes or snowballs. Same for Halloween etc...)

New characters: Mii, Koopa, Pico, King K Rool, Shadow, (mabey) Knukles, Bowser Jr, Panther, Waluigi would be a winner

More stages & more music

2 players able to go online with the same wii console (like in Mario Kart Wii)

& mabey have a DS version? (I'd like a Smash Bros. on DS)

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
1)Add Dr Mario as an alternate costume for Mario.
- I don't see why it would hurt?

2)Bring back Metwo/ Make him a Lucario alternate costume.
- I know so many of you love him to bits.

3)Nerf Metaknight, not too much but enough to give him a few unfavorable match ups.
- I know so many of you hate him to bits.

4)Fix Captain Falcon!
- He deserves it.

5)Change Transformations to a taunt button.
- Would give Zelda/Shiek and the Pokemon more moves.

6)Bring back Young Link as transformation of Link as a slight clone using the method in 5).
- Would represent Link better.
-Don't worry, I'd keep Toon Link.

7)Buff Link a little.
- Perhaps the only character to be in Low/Bottom tier for all 3 games.

8)Usable Wi Fi.
-Duh!

9) Bring back Roy/ make him an Alternate costume for Marth.
- Also missed.

10) Remove tripping or reduce it's frequency.
- Self explanatory.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Guys, I'm okay if Ganondorf doesn't get a sword, as long as his Specials are completely revamped. Dark Choke can stay, but I wanna see chargable Thunderball and a Reflect. Not a ripoff of the one and only punch.

Link's (and only main Link's) spin attack should reflect energy. The more it's charged, the stronger the reflect (as in it buffs it more).

I agree with a new Toon Link moveset. I also want a Young Link moveset revolving around mask powers.
Side+B for Toon Link: Windwaker: You direct wind to push opponents away. Secret input combos will use an attack.
Down+B: Parry: Counters an attack. Pressing Up will make Toon Link jump over and slash from above. Pressing Side will make Toon Link roll around the opponent and attack from behind. (opponent is stunned during this)
B: Skull Hammer: Chargable thwack, fully charged mallets people into the ground.
Up+B: Deku Leaf: Used for recovering in the air and long range gusts of wind on the ground (with damage from the leaf)
Grapple Hook for tether.
Final Smash: Ending Blow: Camera zooms in on Toon Link and a ! appears above his head and his target's. He jumps high into the air and comes crashing down on their head with a stab. Heavy Spike (gimps at 0%), otherwise damaging and might not kill on high ceilings.

Side+B for Young Link: Zora Boomerang: A double-boomerang attack that does minor damage if one hits, but when they cross each other, it sweetspots.
Down+B: Goron Spin: Start spinning along slowly, getting faster. At max speed, you skid more but have spikes.
B: Slingshot: Rapid fire shooting Deku Seeds, a bit slower than Falco's laser, aimable.
Up+B: Deku Spin: Spin upward quickly with little damage. You can attack after this but can't use specials (a la Spring)
Hookshot Tether
Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link: Same as Warioman, stronger, faster, and better for 0-deaths.

Link gets Double Clawshot capabilities and keeps Triforce Slash. OR
Mortal Draw: The scene goes dark and shows Link in shadows with sword put away. Hold B to keep sword put away, invincibility for 10 seconds, release to swing your sword at your enemy's neck (provided they're in range). Same strength as Marth's Critical Hit.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be ok if only Ganondorf's Fsmash was him using his sword, but that is it. Maybe change some of his tilts to make him even more different than Captain Falcon. That way he won't be a complete sword user, only one move uses his sword but he'd also be more different than Captain Falcon.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i got a idea they having a let play on wii with gamecube games included super smash bros melee they could make a wii-make for it and anyway i got another plan they will make a next wii console code name wii HD
it means that they will developed super smash bros HD and it they have plans on it but wii nintendo games had to be new games developed and watch when the character has to had a right attack to fit the smash bros series but will it had new characters like new lord in fire emblem , new mother character , new character in the new series and new pokemon like 5th gen pokemon coming , new trainers , and new guest characters will be in the next smash bros game series not the brawl guest character will returned like snake and sonic because they where in confrimed playable in brawl so they don't need to comeback it means that guest characters appear one time not second time , and plus some characters not appearing in the new game developed will be remove from the next smash bros game because of the new characters appear for the first time in there new games and series but another thing when some characters in there sereis don't have a right special move will appear as a assist thropy not as a playable character and new pokemon including all gens like 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gens and 5th gens wile be inas a pokeball and some characters will appear as a thropy and they will be sequel adventure mode like glactic space emmisary and new event mode , new stages , and plus it important htat mother creator shigesato ltoi said 's that he will not have noting to do with sequel mother series it means he will not developed mother 4 in the mother series so i think that new nintendo series like mother will develoed in the future
and one thing they should had a character transfer like transfer your old pokemon to the ds game pokemon it means that you could transfer old smash bros and guest characters to the new smash bros game and stages to . hope my idea works for sakurai but not yeat for sakurai because it had to give smash bros series a break for now so wait for the next wii console comes and wait for the future comes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
An idea for Ganondorf is to declone him as much as possible, while leaving a select few Falcon-esque moves, such as Side B and Down Air. Cloned moves such a Forward and Down Smash, N-Air, and some throws should be changed, and the sword should be implemented there.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
i got a idea they having a let play on wii with gamecube games included super smash bros melee they could make a wii-make for it and anyway i got another plan they will make a next wii console code name wii HD
it means that they will developed super smash bros HD and it they have plans on it but wii nintendo games had to be new games developed and watch when the character has to had a right attack to fit the smash bros series but will it had new characters like new lord in fire emblem , new mother character , new character in the new series and new pokemon like 5th gen pokemon coming , new trainers , and new guest characters will be in the next smash bros game series not the brawl guest character will returned like snake and sonic because they where in confrimed playable in brawl so they don't need to comeback it means that guest characters appear one time not second time , and plus some characters not appearing in the new game developed will be remove from the next smash bros game because of the new characters appear for the first time in there new games and series but another thing when some characters in there sereis don't have a right special move will appear as a assist thropy not as a playable character and new pokemon including all gens like 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gens and 5th gens wile be inas a pokeball and some characters will appear as a thropy and they will be sequel adventure mode like glactic space emmisary and new event mode , new stages , and plus it important htat mother creator shigesato ltoi said 's that he will not have noting to do with sequel mother series it means he will not developed mother 4 in the mother series so i think that new nintendo series like mother will develoed in the future
and one thing they should had a character transfer like transfer your old pokemon to the ds game pokemon it means that you could transfer old smash bros and guest characters to the new smash bros game and stages to . hope my idea works for sakurai but not yeat for sakurai because it had to give smash bros series a break for now so wait for the next wii console comes and wait for the future comes.
Needs moar . , ! ? ( ) stuff.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I already posted my thoughts on Ganondorf in his sub-forum. My ideas basically involved making him a lot more competitive and almost 100% unique. Neutral B becomes some sort of projectile, down smash becomes a ground pound, volcano kick is replaced by a proper up tilt and forward smash takes Warlock Punch's animation.

There really is no excuse for not changing all but maybe one (up air) of his A animations. Back air, for example, could easily be changed without disturbing the attack's actual properties, and since Ganon's dash attack sends opponents skyward, why not give it a running uppercut animation? There's absolutely no reason to leave those moves as they are.

It always makes me laugh when I think about how Sakurai can come up with loads of unique attacks for characters who could probably be forgiven for being a bit clone-y, such as Lucas, Falco and Wolf, yet when it comes to one of Nintendo's most important villains he only really manages to change about 30% of his moves. He either doesn't really like Ganondorf or he just can't be bothered to revamp him. Either way it's a disgrace. Ganon should never have been made a clone in the first place.

But yes, away from Ganondorf...Mewtwo for SSB4! :')

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
They should bring back the characters that didn't make it into Brawl from Melee. They should make the ACTUAL OoT Zelda outfits. And they should actually make a Fighting Game Mode where they game is actually balanced and thought out and stuff.

§leepy God

Smash Master
They should bring back the characters that didn't make it into Brawl from Melee. They should make the ACTUAL OoT Zelda outfits. And they should actually make a Fighting Game Mode where they game is actually balanced and thought out and stuff.
Wow, didn't think anyone wanted every clone chracter back, you have to say that some clones from Melee did look like they were last min made. =/

Back to my case: So far, my only SSB4 wish list is either Micaiah from Fire Emblem RD, or just at least three Fire Emblem reps.

gantrain05

Smash Master
that entire post was one giant runon sentence, and i couldn't make any sense of it at all? anybody translate plz?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Meh...Pichu & Dr. Mario are just a waste of space, Young Link = Toon Link in spirit, and I don't care about Roy but throw him back in for the sake of the Roy fans.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
that entire post was one giant runon sentence, and i couldn't make any sense of it at all? anybody translate plz?
Please don't make me translate- I won't be bad again:laugh:!

Anyway, I think they're trying to say get rid of the old cast, make them assist trophies/ Pokeballs, and bring in new characters???
They also think that there will be a feature to transfer old characters to the game, so you can play as Mario again XD.
There should be new events etc. and a "glactic space emissary".
There ya go gantrain;).
They also called Sakurai "it" XD.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
i got a idea they having a let play on wii with gamecube games included super smash bros melee they could make a wii-make for it
They could remake SSBM for the Wii like Nintendo is doing for other GC titles

and anyway i got another plan they will make a next wii console code name wii HD
it means that they will developed super smash bros HD
The next Wii will be Wii HD and the next SSB game will be SSBB HD

and it they have plans on it but wii nintendo games had to be new games developed and watch when the character has to had a right attack to fit the smash bros series but will it had new characters like new lord in fire emblem , new mother character , new character in the new series and new pokemon like 5th gen pokemon coming , new trainers ,
Featuring new characters with new attacks

and new guest characters will be in the next smash bros game series not the brawl guest character will returned like snake and sonic because they where in confrimed playable in brawl so they don't need to comeback it means that guest characters appear one time not second time ,
Sonic and Snake won't return; guest characters are limited to one appearance per Smash title.

and plus some characters not appearing in the new game developed will be remove from the next smash bros game because of the new characters appear for the first time in there new games and series
******** gibberish

but another thing when some characters in there sereis don't have a right special move will appear as a assist thropy not as a playable character and new pokemon including all gens like 1st 2nd 3rd 4th gens and 5th gens wile be inas a pokeball and some characters will appear as a thropy and they will be sequel adventure mode like glactic space emmisary and new event mode , new stages ,
Characters that aren't in SSB4 will at least be Assist Trophies, Pokeballs, trophies, etc.; more stages, more modes, yada yada

and plus it important htat mother creator shigesato ltoi said 's that he will not have noting to do with sequel mother series it means he will not developed mother 4 in the mother series so i think that new nintendo series like mother will develoed in the future
OK, now he's going on about how Mother 4 won't be made by the series's director...what the f*ck is he on?

Transfer characters from other non-Smash related games to Smash where they magically appear as if their data and models will just appear in the Smash Bros. game from out of nowhere.
I nominate his post as the most WTF post of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom