• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As far as I know, both Sakurai and HAL have nothing to do with the next installments.

Also, Anthony was only in Other M. Adam has been part of the series for a while. He died in Other M and was an AI in Fusion.
Oh. I've never played Metroid, Fusion, Metroid II, Zero Mission, Pinball, or Trilogy. Stuff I know about those games comes from the wiki. :3

And this is what I was told. Sakurai and HAL Labs made Melee and Smash 64. Brawl was made by Sakurai and other developers, so HAL had nothing to do with Brawl.

But now, Sakurai apparently has nothing to do with HAL. So, they COULD, in theory, still give it to HAL. But they probably will just make a dev group just for Smash Bros. at this point. Project Smash? xD

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Completely overhaul him? The only change he'd undergo if he was paired with Dixie Kong is the removal of his Down-B move... and even that could be given to Dixie as one of her own Special moves. And again, I don't know what you're getting at with your comments regarding Dixie being "exactly the same [as Diddy] but lacking male genitalia.
Yeah, that's a huge overhaul. His bananas are a big part of his entire gameplay. Plus, every other transforming character did not have an appearance without their transformation, so they didn't have the problem of removing a Down B of one game to have it be a switch in another. Diddy's Down B is extremely important.

Also, I was getting at that they are practically the same character.

Sure, Diddy works fine by himself. Who says you'd be forced to use Dixie Kong? And my whole idea about it being a combination between the Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik was just an idea, not something that I expect to see happening. Perhaps Dixie (or Diddy) could just follow along in the background or behind the lead character, not attacking at all and being impervious to all other attacks until they are switched out. Or maybe both characters will attack, like the Ice Climbers. Or maybe only the lead character will attack, but the following character can be KO'd so that the lead character can not swap until he (or she) gets KO'd themselves. It was just an idea. If the two are paired together, there are many ways they could fight, it just depends on who designs them.
It's because it's extremely unnecessary and not worth their time developing her. It seems like your linking her to Diddy just to do it, when in all likelihood they'd just make her a stand-alone character if she were added. There's no reason to have Diddy and Dixie be paired at all in transformation/switching, and having another Ice Climbers-like character completely removes the entire gimmick of having one of the pair in the first place. Plus, the Ice Climbers individually are absolutely horrible, but Diddy by himself is not. The ICs need to be a pair, Diddy does not need to be in a pair.

I just don't want people to shut out the possibility that Dixie could be paired with Diddy. Whether anyone likes it or not, it was the plan for Brawl, and it definitely CAN happen. Samus got Zero Suit Samus. Also, like I said before, although it is more unlikely, there is a chance that both characters could appear in the game.
Yeah, it's a possibility, but so is Iwata's toilet becoming a stage. Slim chance, next to none, but he hasn't deconfirmed it.

All other switch/transformations have logic behind it. Zelda switches to Sheik because she is Sheik and can do this in games. Samus switches to ZSS because she is ZSS and does this in games. Ice Climbers were made in a pair in their games. Diddy and Dixie does not qualify for any of these (in almost all cases, Diddy has been stand-alone or not paired with Dixie, and as we know this pair only happened in a small minority of DK games).

Oh. I've never played Metroid, Fusion, Metroid II, Zero Mission, Pinball, or Trilogy. Stuff I know about those games comes from the wiki. :3

And this is what I was told. Sakurai and HAL Labs made Melee and Smash 64. Brawl was made by Sakurai and other developers, so HAL had nothing to do with Brawl.

But now, Sakurai apparently has nothing to do with HAL. So, they COULD, in theory, still give it to HAL. But they probably will just make a dev group just for Smash Bros. at this point. Project Smash? xD
Correct. HAL only gave the Brawl devs Melee data, that's it. I'm sure Nintendo would just bring another first-party studio to make SSB4 and SSB3D. One of the EAD groups or something.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, I'm crossing my fingers that they announce a smash game going into development when e3 rolls around. xD

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's a huge overhaul. His bananas are a big part of his entire gameplay. Plus, every other transforming character did not have an appearance without their transformation, so they didn't have the problem of removing a Down B of one game to have it be a switch in another. Diddy's Down B is extremely important.
I'm hoping that this is a joke... it is, isn't it? Even if it was a big deal, you could always just switch to Dixie and throw a couple banana peels... if you really feel the need.

Doesn't Samus count as a transforming character? Sure none of her moves were removed, but what about Mario? His Down-B was removed, even if it was for the sake of further de-cloning him and Luigi. That just shows that Sakurai (or other developers) are not afraid to replace moves, especially moves like Diddy's bananas, which, as I've said many times before, can easily be given to Dixie Kong.

These arguments of yours don't stand much ground... that is, if you're not joking/being sarcastic or something.

Also, I was getting at that they are practically the same character.
Once again, how so? I really don't understand your reasoning behind this one.

It's because it's extremely unnecessary and not worth their time developing her. It seems like your linking her to Diddy just to do it, when in all likelihood they'd just make her a stand-alone character if she were added. There's no reason to have Diddy and Dixie be paired at all in transformation/switching, and having another Ice Climbers-like character completely removes the entire gimmick of having one of the pair in the first place. Plus, the Ice Climbers individually are absolutely horrible, but Diddy by himself is not. The ICs need to be a pair, Diddy does not need to be in a pair.
Why is it extremely unnecessary and not worth their time developing her? How do you know this? Why couldn't they link her to Diddy? It was a gimmick in Melee, not so much anymore, considering that game has been around for a decade. Sure we have one, why not have another?

Yeah, it's a possibility, but so is Iwata's toilet becoming a stage. Slim chance, next to none, but he hasn't deconfirmed it.
...Really? You think the idea of the two being a pair is THAT ridiculous?

All other switch/transformations have logic behind it. Zelda switches to Sheik because she is Sheik and can do this in games. Samus switches to ZSS because she is ZSS and does this in games. Ice Climbers were made in a pair in their games. Diddy and Dixie does not qualify for any of these (in almost all cases, Diddy has been stand-alone or not paired with Dixie, and as we know this pair only happened in a small minority of DK games).
Have you never played of or even heard of the Donkey Kong Country games?

Zelda switches to Sheik in ONE game. As a matter of fact, Sheik only ever appeared in ONE game. If one game isn't a "small minority" of Zelda games, I don't know what is, and yet you use this to defend your claim that Dixie being paired with Diddy is ridiculous? Is Sheik also ridiculous, then? She's in the game, isn't she?

Actually, the Ice Climbers never really traveled as a pair in their game. You could choose to play the game as only Popo if you wished, and if you wanted to co-op with a friend, they could pick up Player 2 as Nana. If I had suggested that the two Ice Climbers be paired together before Melee (pretending we would have known about the Ice Climbers being a part of the roster before Melee), based on your current logic you would have thought I was suggesting something ridiculous.

How can you say there is no logic behind the two being paired? The Donkey Kong Country games are unarguably the most popular and most well-known sub-series in the entire Donkey Kong series, and a big point of the series' gameplay is the fact that the player travels in pairs of Kongs that they can actively switch between, whether that be Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong. Honestly, you have to be joking when you say there is no logic behind it...

I guess I'd just like to know why you find it so ridiculous, because to me, it seems like a great possibility ALONG with King K. Rool, whether they appear together or one over the other.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm hoping that this is a joke... it is, isn't it? Even if it was a big deal, you could always just switch to Dixie and throw a couple banana peels... if you really feel the need.

Doesn't Samus count as a transforming character? Sure none of her moves were removed, but what about Mario? His Down-B was removed, even if it was for the sake of further de-cloning him and Luigi. That just shows that Sakurai (or other developers) are not afraid to replace moves, especially moves like Diddy's bananas, which, as I've said many times before, can easily be given to Dixie Kong.

These arguments of yours don't stand much ground... that is, if you're not joking/being sarcastic or something.

Why is it extremely unnecessary and not worth their time developing her? How do you know this? Why couldn't they link her to Diddy? It was a gimmick in Melee, not so much anymore, considering that game has been around for a decade. Sure we have one, why not have another?

Zelda switches to Sheik in ONE game. As a matter of fact, Sheik only ever appeared in ONE game. If one game isn't a "small minority" of Zelda games, I don't know what is, and yet you use this to defend your claim that Dixie being paired with Diddy is ridiculous? Is Sheik also ridiculous, then? She's in the game, isn't she?

How can you say there is no logic behind the two being paired? The Donkey Kong Country games are unarguably the most popular sub-series in the entire Donkey Kong series, and a big point of the series' gameplay is the fact that the player travels in pairs of Kongs, whether that be Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Dixie Kong/Kiddie Kong. Honestly, you have to be joking when you say there is no logic behind it...
I don't like the idea, because I don't think we need to shaft characters into a "pair gimmick". That's all. Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Sheik, and Ice Climbers make more than enough different versions of a pair gimmick. I'd rather Dixie be standalone then make it 4 pairs...

Soniccuz

Smash Cadet
Toad would be okay, but I think we should focus on other series. Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda have the most roster space of anyone.
Completely agree here. Especially sense I still consider Yoshi, and Wario to be part of the Mario series. Despite having their own spin-offs.

On Diddy and Dixie, never thought I'd be for including another transformation type character. But, I could get behind this idea. I differently want Dixie to make into it to the next one, and Who's to say they necessarily have to make Down-B the transform button a la Zelda/Shiek. Maybe a taunt could do it?

Ice Climbers were made in a pair in their games. Diddy and Dixie does not qualify for any of these (in almost all cases, Diddy has been stand-alone or not paired with Dixie, and as we know this pair only happened in a small minority of DK games).
I could be wrong but, I was pretty sure that normally you only play as one IC in their game. Diddy comes from that minority of DK games, and in those games they followed each other much like the ICs do in Smash. So I don't think the idea is completely disqualified.

Separate, or together I'm not really against either possibility.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
You clearly don't know what you're talking about then if you think Diddy's gameplay doesn't revolve around bananas. Because yeah, you can play Diddy without them, but you can play Snake with grenades, yet grenades are a huge part of his game, too. I almost think you're joking.

Samus counts. But she doesn't transform with a move, that was my point. And Mario's change was just a moveset change and that move wasn't a huge part of this gameplay to be honest. Plus, they made it his down-air, so it didn't even get fully removed.

They're both small chimps.

It's still a gimmick. And yeah they could do it, but why to an already existing character that works fine by himself? I still see absolutely no reason to change a character just because you want a new character to be in the game.

It's unnecessarily ridiculous. We could make a lot of things happen in the games, doesn't mean they should happen.

You best be trollin'.

And how many times were Diddy and Dixie paired together?

Once.

That's the point I was making. Not how many times the character has appeared, but how many times the pairing has appeared.

Actually, the Ice Climbers never really traveled as a pair in their game. You could choose to play the game as only Popo if you wished, and if you wanted to co-op with a friend, they could pick up Player 2 as Nana. If I had suggested that the two Ice Climbers be paired together before Melee (pretending we would have known about the Ice Climbers being a part of the roster before Melee), based on your current logic you would have thought I was suggesting something ridiculous.
Not necessarily. Before Melee, I wouldn't find it ridiculous because they still function fine as it is. I have no problem with the concept of Diddy and Dixie being together entirely, though I don't really like the idea. I just don't like the idea of changing Diddy into Diddy/Dixie. That is what I'm against. I'm against the pairing of the two after Diddy has been established by himself. Dixie can be in as her own character, I don't care.

How can you say there is no logic behind the two being paired? The Donkey Kong Country games are unarguably the most popular and most well-known sub-series in the entire Donkey Kong series, and a big point of the series' gameplay is the fact that the player travels in pairs of Kongs that they can actively switch between, whether that be Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong. Honestly, you have to be joking when you say there is no logic behind it...
Again, because Diddy is already by himself. And, as you just pointed out, they were only paired once.

With your logic, Diddy should be put with DK because they were paired once before and the Donkey Kong Country games are unarguably the most popular and most well-known sub-series in the entire Donkey Kong series, and a big point of the series' gameplay is the fact that the player travels in pairs of Kongs that they can actively switch between, whether that be Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong.

Don't troll me. I've played all the games. That doesn't change my opinion.

I guess I'd just like to know why you find it so ridiculous, because to me, it seems like a great possibility ALONG with King K. Rool, whether they appear together or one over the other.
Let me repeat again.

Diddy is fine by himself. He doesn't need to be changed JUST to have Dixie in. Dixie is fine by herself, I wouldn't mind the addition as long as she is unique and doesn't get in over K Rool. But not as a pair.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toad is probably in the same equal level as his time of existence and popularity are definitely more larger than the other two combined (well at least in Japan). His game roles have been increased as well recently. The fact that they chose Toads as playable characters in NSMB Wii signifies that they do have interest in using Toad as a playable character. I'm not trying to make an argument, but I think that Toad still has a chance of being in the same position as Jr. and Paper Mario to becoming a rep in SSB4.
I realize this, but like I said he is NOT a main character, just two filler spots so the designers didn't have to come up with a clever way to either add already existing characters (Daisy, Wario, ect) into the maingames. Or they didn't want to design brand new Mario companions. They just threw in some insignificant toads who will most likely stay insignificant and never evolve as characters on their own. I'm not saying Toad isn't a credible character, but there ARE other options here. Ones I think are better options. A decent, and continous, villain, and a RPG rep wouldn't be bad picks for SSB4.

@Spydr, by the logic of "Character is playable beats out role in story" It's safe to say muddy mole could be the next Mario character. Toad IS iconic, and that is truely the only thing he has going for him. He returns time and time again as nothing short of a damsal in distress, or some sort of side mission character. Bowser Jr's role still is far more complex and important then guy who needs help. Like many things, I believe the big 8 isn't real. Bowser Jr. may not have to familar face that 40 year olds know, but ask any ten year old Mario player and they know him. He isn't obscure, he's important. While his role isn't like Mario/Bowser/Peaches, it's more similar to Luigi's. He's the right hand man, of the villains. Just a thought.

On the big eight thing, DK and Wario both have spun off into their own gig and only show up in mary spin-off titles at this point. It's more like (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Toad)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Since when was Toad ever considered a major character, in a "Big 8" (which I've never heard of before, btw, kudos to making stuff up), in the Mario series? He's always been a minor character, regardless of playability, mind you.

Mario really doesn't need any more additions, but considering how unique Paper Mario is, how popular his sub-series is, and with the release of Paper Mario 3DS coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up. Bowser Jr. will always be a possibility, too, you can never knock him now.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
You clearly don't know what you're talking about then if you think Diddy's gameplay doesn't revolve around bananas. Because yeah, you can play Diddy without them, but you can play Snake with grenades, yet grenades are a huge part of his game, too. I almost think you're joking.
Okay, so I know you're not joking now.

But I apologize, I play Melee much more often than Brawl, and I rarely pay any attention to Diddy anyway. I wouldn't realy have anyway of knowing whether or not his bananas are actually important... I mean, its basically an item quickly and easily thrown in to his moveset.

But you see to be ignoring my other points. First of all, Dixie could be given the banana move, as I've said several times already. Second of all, like Soniccuz said, Diddy's Down-B doesn't necessarily have to be sacrificed for a transformation. It could be one of his taunts. And if one of his taunts is somehow essential to his gameplay, then maybe the extra button (in Brawl, the Down D-Pad button) could be used instead. There are so many possibilities that you are ignoring... it really depends on the character's designer and how they'd choose to implement it.

Samus counts. But she doesn't transform with a move, that was my point. And Mario's change was just a moveset change and that move wasn't a huge part of this gameplay to be honest. Plus, they made it his down-air, so it didn't even get fully removed.
Like I said above, Diddy and Dixie don't necessarily have to swap with a move. It all just depends...

They're both small chimps.
Mario and Luigi are both Italian plumbers with big noses, overalls, mustaches, and hats. Marth and Ike are both blueish/purplish haired swordsman that have capes and such. Ness and Lucas are both young boys with PSI powers and striped shirts. At least Diddy and Dixie's apparel differs a bit. Again... what's your point?

It's still a gimmick. And yeah they could do it, but why to an already existing character that works fine by himself? I still see absolutely no reason to change a character just because you want a new character to be in the game.
Yeah, but it's gimmicky appeal has worn off a bit since Melee. Which was a decade ago. I see absolutely no reason to NOT do it. He can still work fine by himself. Simple solution... just don't switch to Dixie Kong. Easy enough, right?

And I'm not biased towards Dixie in any way, if that is what you are hinting at in your last comment there. I've never even played a game she's been in (I've only played DKC1 and the only other DK game I own is DK64 which features much more of K. Rool, and no Dixie at all. If I was biased, it'd be towards K. Rool.). I just don't think the possibility of the two being paired is as ridiculous as you seem to think it is and is in fact quite likely to happen.

It's unnecessarily ridiculous. We could make a lot of things happen in the games, doesn't mean they should happen.
...I never said it SHOULD happen... I just don't see why it can't, to be honest.

And how many times were Diddy and Dixie paired together?

Once.

That's the point I was making. Not how many times the character has appeared, but how many times the pairing has appeared.
I don't really think this lowers the chances of it happening in any way. The point is, Dixie Kong was a main character in two DKC games, as was Diddy, and both are well-known and still around today.

Like I said before, a primary feature of the Donkey Kong Country games is traveling in pairs of Kongs that the player can actively switch between. Donkey Kong is the titular character of the series and originated as a singular character; both of these facts support the reason that he appears alone and not paired with Diddy. That leaves Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Kiddy Kong. All three debuted in DKC, and only Diddy and Dixie have stayed with the series since then, not to mention they both appeared in two of the more popular DKC games (Diddy in DKC1 and both in DKC2). They even appeared paired. With all of what I just pointed out in mind, Dixie ad Diddy being paired shouldn't seem so ridiculous, even if they were only paired once.

Not necessarily. Before Melee, I wouldn't find it ridiculous because they still function fine as it is. I have no problem with the concept of Diddy and Dixie being together entirely, though I don't really like the idea. I just don't like the idea of changing Diddy into Diddy/Dixie. That is what I'm against. I'm against the pairing of the two after Diddy has been established by himself. Dixie can be in as her own character, I don't care.
Once again... Dixie can be included without ruining the character of Diddy in any way.

Again, because Diddy is already by himself. And, as you just pointed out, they were only paired once.
Samus was already by herself. She got a transformation. And I already explained my reasoning on why only being paired once doesn't really matter much. Don't forget Zelda and Sheik were only paired once, and Sheik has only appeared in one game as well. Sheik should seem more ridiculous than Diddy/Dixie by your logic.

With your logic, Diddy should be put with DK because they were paired once before and the Donkey Kong Country games are unarguably the most popular and most well-known sub-series in the entire Donkey Kong series, and a big point of the series' gameplay is the fact that the player travels in pairs of Kongs that they can actively switch between, whether that be Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong, or Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong.
I explained the difference above, but I'll explain again. Donkey Kong originated as a stand-alone character long before DKC. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong both debuted in the DKC games, where "traveling in pairs and actively switching between kongs" was a primary feature. The only other character that could fit the same bill as these two is Kiddy Kong, and he hasn't appeared since.

Don't troll me. I've played all the games. That doesn't change my opinion.
I'm not trolling. Honestly, I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. I apologize.

Let me repeat again.

Diddy is fine by himself. He doesn't need to be changed JUST to have Dixie in. Dixie is fine by herself, I wouldn't mind the addition as long as she is unique and doesn't get in over K Rool. But not as a pair.
I don't see any logic behind this statement. The idea of the two being paired is ridiculous because you think Diddy and Dixie would work fine alone and Diddy doesn't need to be changed? Maybe you think so... but that is a totally subjective matter. I'm using logic, where you seem to be using bias.

Besides, I've explained how Dixie can be included without Diddy being changed. So if that isn't part of the equation anymore, what makes pairing the two seems o ridiculous now? I still don't quite understand...

Since when was Toad ever considered a major character, in a "Big 8" (which I've never heard of before, btw, kudos to making stuff up), in the Mario series? He's always been a minor character, regardless of playability, mind you.

Mario really doesn't need any more additions, but considering how unique Paper Mario is, how popular his sub-series is, and with the release of Paper Mario 3DS coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up. Bowser Jr. will always be a possibility, too, you can never knock him now.
I'm not making stuff up. SuperMarioWiki ~ The "Big Eight" I've heard use of the "big eight" many times. Please, you don't have to be a jerk about it.

He's always been a minor character. but he is also iconic of the series, widely popular, and well known among many people, gamers and non-gamers alike. He's been with the series since it's beginning too. I've always considered Bowser Jr. a possibility since before Brawl. I just feel like his popularity and importance to the series overall has been dwindling recently. I hold him high on the list of Mario candidates, along with Toad and Paper Mario.

@Spydr, by the logic of "Character is playable beats out role in story" It's safe to say muddy mole could be the next Mario character. Toad IS iconic, and that is truely the only thing he has going for him. He returns time and time again as nothing short of a damsal in distress, or some sort of side mission character. Bowser Jr's role still is far more complex and important then guy who needs help. Like many things, I believe the big 8 isn't real. Bowser Jr. may not have to familar face that 40 year olds know, but ask any ten year old Mario player and they know him. He isn't obscure, he's important. While his role isn't like Mario/Bowser/Peaches, it's more similar to Luigi's. He's the right hand man, of the villains. Just a thought.

On the big eight thing, DK and Wario both have spun off into their own gig and only show up in mary spin-off titles at this point. It's more like (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Toad)
There is an obvious difference between muddy mole and Toad. I was only explaining how Toad being playable helps his case. It doesn't make his case of course, as he has much more going for him besides that.

The fact that Toad is iconic is a HUGE advantage for Toad. I think the Big Eight is undeniably real, sometimes the Big Ten if you include the spin-off stars, Waluigi and Daisy. Think about it... all of these characters have been with the Mario series since it's beginning (or at least for a very long time, not as long in Waluigi, Wario and Daisy's cases), and since have become very popular, well-known, and recognizable among most people familiar with video games. Sure Bowser Jr. is more recognizable among ten year olds then forty year olds, but all that really does is help Toad's case. Like the forty year olds, these ten year olds will also know Toad. Being Iconic, being with the series from the beginning, and being a popular character (you should know he is popular, YOU made a poll that he got the most votes on out of all other characters in the Mario series(and I'm not saying that is the only source of his popularity)) are all in great favor of Toad, as opposed to Bowser Jr., whether or not Toad is a minor character or not.

Bowser Jr. doesn't really have a complex role anymore.. not since Super Mario Sunshine. This would have validated his appearance in Brawl if he had appeared, but no more. All he is now is a simple mini-boss... nothing very complex about it. On the other hand, look at Toad's role in Super Mario Galaxy. The Toad Brigade appeared in most of the galaxies Mario travelled to to offer their help, and not to mention they appeared in the hub of the game, the Comet Observatory. The Toad Brigade had an interesting little side story and aided in other minor ways than just giving advice. Overall, Toad's role here was much more complex than Bowser Jr.'s, who was once again, just a simple boss/mini-boss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On Diddy and his bananas, sure, they're important, but it's not completely out of the question for him or any other character to get a revamp (like we hope for Ganondorf). It has yet to happen in Smash outside of Luigification, but it has happened in other games.

And you know what I'd like to see for some character in the next game? Someone that takes the transformation gig to the next level. Right now, because of the time it takes to do it, you really can't switch between Pokemon or Zelda and Sheik except when trying to adapt to a situation.

Take a look at this Litchi combo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPU1SyoXAA

I want to see something where switching between characters and playstyles is also used as a means of doing stuff like combos like Litchi. If Diddy-Dixie can do this, I greatly welcome it. At the same time, this could easily be done to the Ice Climbers.

And I'm still up for Muddy Mole being a zoning/trap character.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Sigh. Look, I really, REALLY think that Dixie should be a standalone Kong. People are using DKC2 to justify a tagteam, yet they're completely IGNORING the fact that they've only been paired once. DK and Diddy have teamed up more--not only in general, but in 2 DKC games: DKC1 and DKC4. Returns is much more recent than a 1995 SNES game, AND it sold more copies in a faster amount of time. The flaw of a Diddy/Dixie argument is that a DK/Diddy team is possible. Its happened more in DKC and in Mario spinoffs, and its been very recent compared to that ONE TIME WHERE DIDDY WENT ON AN ADVENTURE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. I think its best for the Kongs to stay separate. Let's leave the tagteam thing behind. Yes, many argue that this is an homage to a good series from the past, but we have homages already. They don't have to bring in another swap system to do that--they can add K.Rool instead.

The reason why DK, Diddy, and Dixie have their own games (DKC 1 and 4,2,and 3, respectively) is to show that they're important enough to have their own adventures. They can stand without help if need be.

Oh, and about Toad being more important because 2 are playable in NSMB Wii, Nintendo mainly did that because the Mario Bros. and Toads generally have the same torso--compared to Wario and Waluigi, Daisy, etc. they were saving development time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Your case is based solely on Toad being popular. You say that Bowser Jr isn't as complex as he used to be, well Toad has NEVER been complex. Toad himself once admits to being useless. Sure he is popular, but that isn't everything. Didn't you mama teach you that? harhar. You gave an example of the Toad birgade, as if that is complex at all. You look at that in a different light then you do Bowser Jr. You were just overemphasizing the Toad Birgade. Besides, if you look at Bowser Jr in NSMBWii then you see that he is he shows up A LOT. He's always taunting you. Popularity isn't everything, and that's all toad has.

Lastly, you can't even compare Daisy and Waluigi to a character that actually does something.

Bowser Jr. is:
Pretty Recognizable
Has shown up in every main game since his existance
Is more Important then Toad in the story
The Big eight is outdated if DK is in it and Bowser Jr isn't. (Dk doesn't show up in Mario main games)
Actually has his own unique moveset/abilities.
Will most likely continue to be an importan character, unlike Toad.

Oh, and about Toad being more important because 2 are playable in NSMB Wii, Nintendo mainly did that because the Mario Bros. and Toads generally have the same torso--compared to Wario and Waluigi, Daisy, etc. they were saving development time.
What he said

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Kuma

Speaking of revamping Ganondorf... I have some ideas...

B: Warlock Missile
The same as Warlock Punch in Brawl, but now it can shoot a energy ball of light like the ones he shoots in Ocarina of Time. Tap the button to charge a simple projectile that shoots straight ahead. Hold down the button to charge a bigger ball of light - and release the button for it to explode into several small beams of light that shoots straight ahead. I think that one would be good for hitting multiple targets. So either a really powerful ball of light (basically Falcon Punch in projectile form) or several weak beams of light with good knockback (like Lucas's PK Fire). Want an one-hit KO with this move? Connect the punch directly into the opponent. There you go, three options.

Side B: Flame Choke
Keep as is. It is different enough from Captain Falcon's.

Up B: Dark Dive
Keep as is.

Down B: Wizard's Foot
Keep as is but... add more power to this move. Ganondorf does something similar to Wizard's Foot in Ocarina of Time but it caused a small earthquake that made parts of the floor crumble. So, why not give it an earthquake effect whenever he lands on the ground with this move? It could launch nearby grounded characters like Donkey Kong's Down B move does.

Final Smash: Ganon
Basically Ganondorf's answer to Bowser's Giga Bowser. Ganondorf turns into Ganon, the one from Ocarina of Time, not the one from Twilight Princess.

Floating?
Ganondorf is able to float in Ocarina of Time. I was thinking that maybe he could be able to float like Peach does, only he floats for a little bit shorter time. It could still improve Ganondorf in aerial battles a bit. He would remind me of Magneto from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when he floats with that long cape.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It'd definitely be something if he could cancel into the float.

Overall, I like your ideas, Arc.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ BirthNote

If Nintendo truly wanted to cut down the development time for making NSMBW, they could have put in a yellow Mario and a blue Luigi. Why bother making models for Penguin/Propeller/small Toads when you can just color swap existing models for Mario and Luigi? But of course, then people will just whine that they should have put in Wario and Waluigi instead of yellow Mario and blue Luigi. :awesome:

@ Shortiecanbrawl

The only time Bowser Jr. was really important was in Super Mario Sunshine but afterwards? Bowser Jr.'s main purpose in the main games is as a mini-boss (in the 2D games) or as a boss (in the 3D games). The only time Bowser Jr. actually fought Mario was in NSMB but the rest? He's always inside a mech... effectively making the mechs the real mini-bosses Mario fight while Bowser Jr. does nothing. It is like he is just there to provide dialogue since the mechs (the real mini-bosses and bosses) apparently aren't programmed to speak for themselves. Really, saying Bowser Jr. is important in the games is like saying Megaleg and Megahammer are important.

Super Mario Sunshine - kidnapped Peach as Shadow Mario, gets to fight Mario inside Mecha-Bowser, never to be seen again until the final boss fight where he serves as distraction (siccing Bullet Bills at Mario while Mario tries to destroy Bowser's pool)

New Super Mario Bros. - kidnapped Peach as himself, the only time he ever fought Mario in person and he was only there as Boom Boom expy (he was basically a glorified Boom Boom)

Super Mario Galaxy - not involved in stealing Power Stars nor the kidnapping of Peach, gets to fight Mario inside Megaleg and Airship, and sics King Kaliente at Mario (basically serving as the voice of these bosses)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - involved in the kidnapping of Peach with the help of the Koopalings, gets to fight Mario inside his Koopa Clown Car
while the Koopalings get to fight Mario in person

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - not involved in stealing Power Stars nor the kidnapping of Peach, gets to fight Mario inside Megahammer and Boomsday Machine, and sics Gobblegut at Mario (again, serving as the voice of these bosses)

Both Toad and Bowser Jr. are just there. At least the Toad species contributed more to the series by being playable in two of them and Toad is being original, spawning two rip-offs (Toadsworth and Toadette). Bowser Jr. is just a rip-off of Bowser and Baby Bowser (same reason why I find Waluigi a rip-off of Wario and Luigi). That, and Toad is more iconic and popular than Bowser Jr. will ever dream of being. Yay for seniority! :bee:

Also, Bowser Jr. is nothing more than Baby Bowser with a bib. This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where fangirls think that the Malibu Stacy doll with a hat is new and unique when it is just a plain old hatless Malibu Stacy doll (which they most likely already own) but with a new hat while one girl picked the all-new and original Lisa Lionheart doll.

Supalji

Smash Rookie
All I really want is this: Return of Mewtwo. Revamped characters. Mulitiplayer focus. Yeeeeeeh!

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone brought this up yet, but apparently Soul Calibur V is going to be a sort of reboot to their series (there is going to be a 17 year time jump from SCIV to SCV).

Anyway, there seems to be much less popularly requested characters this time around. MUCH LESS. The only three characters that I see get lots of requests on any Smash forum are Ridley, Mega Man, and Little Mac.

Toad, for example, seems to be only popularly requested on SmashBoards. Many other characters have much less requests. It seems many people whom are requesting characters now are requesting characters whom don't have a prayer of ever being made playable (ie. random third party character, random non-lord Fire Emblem character, various favorite minor characters).

The only time I see more "sensible" characters choices are when someone posts their "dream roster". However, when it comes to simply positing the characters that one wants to see in Smash 4, I am barely seeing any consensus. I think for this reason, the time is ripe for a reboot or gameplay revamp.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I would say that K.Rool and Mewtwo are quite heavily requested. And if Sakurai is short on characters I could see Mewtwo's return happening.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Your case is based solely on Toad being popular. You say that Bowser Jr isn't as complex as he used to be, well Toad has NEVER been complex. Toad himself once admits to being useless. Sure he is popular, but that isn't everything. Didn't you mama teach you that? harhar. You gave an example of the Toad birgade, as if that is complex at all. You look at that in a different light then you do Bowser Jr. You were just overemphasizing the Toad Birgade. Besides, if you look at Bowser Jr in NSMBWii then you see that he is he shows up A LOT. He's always taunting you. Popularity isn't everything, and that's all toad has.
I am definitely not basing my case
on Toad being popular. Have you read my entire response? This was actually one of my firs statements: The fact that Toad is iconic is a HUGE advantage for Toad." And I firmly believe that.

Apparently I'm overemphasizing the Toad Brigade, while you talk about how being an occasional mini-boss and a character that just shows up and "taunts" you every now and then is a complex role. Since when is being a mini-boss and "taunting" a complex role? And if you really want to base this off of in-game appearances, Toad beats Bowser Jr. in both Super Mario Galaxy AND NSMBWii.

Like I mentioned before, we have the Toad Brigade in Super Mario Galaxy. The Toad Brigade appears in many of the galaxies and even in the hub, the Comet Observatory. There are more appearances beyond that. I don't own SMG2 so I won't comment on appearances in that. In NSMBWii, Toad is a playable character, whether or not it was done to ease development. Even if you are playing a single-player game, there are many times throughout the game where you encounter Toad within a random level. With all of this in mind, I don't really know what your point was behind this statement:

But Toad is...[/COLOR]
Pretty Recognizable, but Toad is far more recognizable among most even remotely familiar with Mario.
Has shown up in every main game since his existance, but Toad has shown up in every game since THE BEGINNING OF MARIO.
Is more Important then Toad in the story, which is debatable, considering he does nothing but act as an occasional mini-boss and "taunt" you and Toad has been involved some interesting side-stories that show up A LOT throughout the game.
The Big eight is outdated if DK is in it and Bowser Jr isn't. (Dk doesn't show up in Mario main games). The Big 8 is supposed to refer to the eight Mario characters who have been popular, iconic of the series, and recognizable by many people worldwide since the earlier days of Mario, and still haven't been dropped. And yes, DK does count. He still appears in Mario vs. Donkey Kong games along with Mario and has appeared in nearly all of the Mario spin-offs ever made. Spin-ofs don't matter when it comes to a character's importance, but it does matter when it comes to a character's appearances, which always goes hand-in-hand with recognizability, achieving "iconic" status, and sometimes popularity.
Actually has his own unique moveset/abilities, but is also in danger of becoming a small Bowser clone, whereas Toad has potential for a unique moveset.
Will most likely continue to be an importan character, and although his importance is very debatable, he might continue to appear along with Toad who WILL continue to appear, because Toad has been with the series since the series since it's beginning.
What about those comments in red that you failed to mention about Toad?

I have to agree with Arcadenik's comments on Toad here:

Both Toad and Bowser Jr. are just there. At least the Toad species contributed more to the series by being playable in two of them and Toad is being original, spawning two rip-offs (Toadsworth and Toadette). Bowser Jr. is just a rip-off of Bowser and Baby Bowser (same reason why I find Waluigi a rip-off of Wario and Luigi). That, and Toad is more iconic and popular than Bowser Jr. will ever dream of being. Yay for seniority!
Not only is Toad popular (a minor point of my case, as I have mentioned before), but he is original, he has been around since the beginning of the series, and he is "more iconic and popular than Bowser Jr. will ever dream of being."

I just want to restate my position on Toad one more time.... the fact that he is iconic is big for him. What better reason for a character to make Smash's roster than being an iconic character of a series that is extremely popular, extremely well-known, and iconic of the Nintendo itself? Even moreso if the character is popular and is original as well?

Sigh. Look, I really, REALLY think that Dixie should be a standalone Kong. People are using DKC2 to justify a tagteam, yet they're completely IGNORING the fact that they've only been paired once. DK and Diddy have teamed up more--not only in general, but in 2 DKC games: DKC1 and DKC4. Returns is much more recent than a 1995 SNES game, AND it sold more copies in a faster amount of time. The flaw of a Diddy/Dixie argument is that a DK/Diddy team is possible. Its happened more in DKC and in Mario spinoffs, and its been very recent compared to that ONE TIME WHERE DIDDY WENT ON AN ADVENTURE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. I think its best for the Kongs to stay separate. Let's leave the tagteam thing behind. Yes, many argue that this is an homage to a good series from the past, but we have homages already. They don't have to bring in another swap system to do that--they can add K.Rool instead.

The reason why DK, Diddy, and Dixie have their own games (DKC 1 and 4,2,and 3, respectively) is to show that they're important enough to have their own adventures. They can stand without help if need be.
SO WHAT if they've only been paired once? How will that stop Sakurai or any developer from implementing that possibility? That's not a great argument, if you ask me. I've even explained why it would make just as much sense to pair Diddy with Dixie rather than Diddy with Donkey. Yeah, of course it's a homage to a good series of the past. Yes, we have homages already. WHY NOT have more, if it's possible and it makes sense?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So how do you think they are going to handle the Zelda characters design's with both Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword out? Think we will get some kind of halfway design like the Star Fox characters received between Assault and Command?

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. is: But Toad is...
Pretty Recognizable, but Toad is far more recognizable among most even remotely familiar with Mario.
Has shown up in every main game since his existance, but Toad has shown up in every game since THE BEGINNING OF MARIO.
Is more Important then Toad in the story, which is debatable, considering he does nothing but act as an occasional mini-boss and "taunt" you and Toad has been involved some interesting side-stories that show up A LOT throughout the game.
The Big eight is outdated if DK is in it and Bowser Jr isn't. (Dk doesn't show up in Mario main games). The Big 8 is supposed to refer to the eight Mario characters who have been popular, iconic of the series, and recognizable by many people worldwide since the earlier days of Mario, and still haven't been dropped. And yes, DK does count. He still appears in Mario vs. Donkey Kong games along with Mario and has appeared in nearly all of the Mario spin-offs ever made. Spin-ofs don't matter when it comes to a character's importance, but it does matter when it comes to a character's appearances, which always goes hand-in-hand with recognizability, achieving "iconic" status, and sometimes popularity.
Actually has his own unique moveset/abilities, but is also in danger of becoming a small Bowser clone, whereas Toad has potential for a unique moveset.
Will most likely continue to be an importan character, and although his importance is very debatable, he might continue to appear along with Toad who WILL continue to appear, because Toad has been with the series since the series since it's beginning.
I find this post very hilarious as Spydr Enzo makes the entire post that originally made Toad seem inferior to Jr. the other way around.

Anyways, I'm surprised that people hold Toad in such accord of being less popular and important than Jr. Anyways, for those wanting to know about their roles in Super Mario Galaxy 2, Toad actually has a larger role in this game as well as Jr. only appears in a few galaxies by summoning some mini- bosses to fight you (he fights in his mechs for a few). Other than that, he is irrelevant as Mario is chasing Bowser and not Jr. The Toad Brigade on the other hand have even larger roles than the previous game as they appear in many levels of each world and they even appear on the Starship Mario from the beginning of the game. You even have the mailtoad and banktoad to make them seem more significant.

Additionally, we also have to consider that Toad was one of the earlier Mario series protagonists that Miyamoto himself had designed (a reason why he appears so much). The other four originally designed characters that Miyamoto created for Super Mario Bros. are already in Brawl, so Toad should have a good chance. He has a good potential of not being a clone (unlike Jr.). I believe reading somewhere that Sakurai himself showed in his journal that Toad was one of the characters that he was interested in working on for Brawl. Honestly, I doubt that his appearance in NSMB Wii was due to finishing the game quicker as they still made models for Toad rather than a pallet swapped Mario and Luigi (like Arc said earlier).

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Spyder, let me make something really, really clear to you.

Taking a character and changing the character for no reason other than:

1) Dixie and Diddy were paired together in 1 game
2) It's possible
3) Why not

Makes absolutely no logical sense. With your logic, we could easily just say "Donkey Kong and Diddy should be a pair, they've been paired together. Mario and Luigi have been paired together loads of times, they should become one character. All the Pokemon should just be one character because you can have a team of 6 in the games, so that kind of team is possible."

You're doing it just because you want to. That's fine, but that doesn't make the idea good.

Also, just to put it out there, since someone mentioned who's popular in terms of being new characters, yeah Ridley is definitely up there, as well as MegaMan, but Little Mac? I haven't heard many requests for him, though I think he'd be a great addition.

For me, the top 3 I want to see are Ridley/Meta Ridley (either is fine with me), King K Rool and Mewtwo. From there, Megaman, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Dark Samus, Diddy/Dixie loljk, and the SA-X.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So how do you think they are going to handle the Zelda characters design's with both Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword out? Think we will get some kind of halfway design like the Star Fox characters received between Assault and Command?
I think it'll be more like Skyward Sword than anything else. It'd be nice though if we got unlockable OOT skins for the Zelda characters though.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Spyder, let me make something really, really clear to you.

Taking a character and changing the character for no reason other than:

1) Dixie and Diddy were paired together in 1 game
2) It's possible
3) Why not

Makes absolutely no logical sense. With your logic, we could easily just say "Donkey Kong and Diddy should be a pair, they've been paired together. Mario and Luigi have been paired together loads of times, they should become one character. All the Pokemon should just be one character because you can have a team of 6 in the games, so that kind of team is possible."
I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. First of all, I've explained quite a few times why Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong being paired would make just as much sense as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I've also explained why Donkey Kong being a stand-alone kong while Dixie and Diddy are paired even though team DK/Diddy has appeared more makes sense. Why do you insist on ignoring this?

You're doing it just because you want to. That's fine, but that doesn't make the idea good.
Now Rapture, let ME make something really, really clear to YOU.

I am not saying that that Diddy and Dixie being paired will happen. I'm not even saying it should happen. And I am DEFINITELY not saying I "want" it to happen. YOU are. I have stated numerous times that I have no bias toward Dixie being a standalone character or a paired character, or whether she gets in over K. Rool, or anything whatsoever. By the way, I can counter this with the same logic. Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't mean it won't happen, and also doesn't make it a bad idea. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying it will happen... only that it is actually a good possibility and not a ridiculous suggestion as you are making it out to be. Understood on that?

Before you post, please, PLEASE make sure that you are not repeating yourself on any point that I have already countered. I hate repeating these same things over again. I'd really appreciate it.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. First of all, I've explained quite a few times why Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong being paired would make just as much sense as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I've also explained why Donkey Kong being a stand-alone kong while Dixie and Diddy are paired even though team DK/Diddy has appeared more makes sense. Why do you insist on ignoring this?
I'm not, I've said it quite a number of times that it doesn't make sense at all to alter a character like that in such a way, especially when the character has already been established as a stand-alone character.

And then I went on to support my opinion.

Now Rapture, let ME make something really, really clear to YOU.

I am not saying that that Diddy and Dixie being paired will happen. I'm not even saying it should happen. And I am DEFINITELY not saying I "want" it to happen. YOU are. I have stated numerous times that I have no bias toward Dixie being a standalone character or a paired character, or whether she gets in over K. Rool, or anything whatsoever. By the way, I can counter this with the same logic. Just because you don't want it to happen doesn't mean it won't happen, and also doesn't make it a bad idea. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying it will happen... only that it is actually a good possibility and not a ridiculous suggestion as you are making it out to be. Understood on that?
Never said I misunderstood it. It's still a bad idea regardless of what you say. Refer to above.

Before you post, please, PLEASE make sure that you are not repeating yourself on any point that I have already countered. I hate repeating these same things over again. I'd really appreciate it.
I'd like you to do the same.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I'm not, I've said it quite a number of times that it doesn't make sense at all to alter a character like that in such a way, especially when the character has already been established as a stand-alone character.

And then I went on to support my opinion.
Here is something else I'm going to have to repeat myself on.

Samus was altered in the same way. If "it doesn't make sense at all to alter a character like that in such a way," why did it happen to Samus? She's been a stand-alone character for two games, and she was "altered in such a way." Diddy's been stand-alone for one game.

Once again, that logic stands no ground, considering it has been defied within the series itself.

Never said I misunderstood it. It's still a bad idea regardless of what you say. Refer to above.
Its a bad idea, according to you. How do you know Sakurai, other developers and character designers feel the same? That's purely subjective and in no way supports your case.

I'd like you to do the same.
I can't do the same. I've acknowledged everything you have said, and in turn, I have provided counters that you continually fail to acknowledge.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I like it when the zelda series boots for its next console game. It makes it a little more interesting. Especially if it means Ganondorf may become a little more different from Falcon. *crossing fingers*

And that'd probably mean that Sheik will get another redesign for another game he doesn't appear in (not that I'm complaining), and it ALSO probably means that Link will get either a new special, or a tweaked special. Woot woot.

And if everything's REALLY gonna go uphill from here, then maybe we'll get a character from Skyward Sword on the roster, even. Who knows.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Here is something else I'm going to have to repeat myself on.

Samus was altered in the same way. If "it doesn't make sense at all to alter a character like that in such a way," why did it happen to Samus? She's been a stand-alone character for two games, and she was "altered in such a way." Diddy's been stand-alone for one game.

Once again, that logic stands no ground, considering it has been defied within the series itself.
Ugh, I just wanna facepalm. Let me go back to my original point however many posts ago.

You said: We could make Dixie and Diddy an ICs-like character. We could make them a switch character like Zelda/Sheik.

I said: No, that would make the ICs gimmick less gimmicky and we don't need more than one. No, because that would require an overhaul of Diddy and he's already fine as he is.

So you do see what I'm saying? Let me repeat myself again so you don't forget. I don't like the idea because it changes the character. Samus DID NOT change. She got a transformation, sure, but her overall character likeness is completely the same. And the only reason she can change is because Final Smashes were added and they weren't in the series before Brawl (and the d-pad thing, but that's insignificant).

The exact example you just brought up I am against because it changes Diddy's actual moveset unnecessarily. Samus's moveset is exactly the same with or without ZSS.

Bookmark this so you don't forget.

Its a bad idea, according to you. How do you know Sakurai, other developers and character designers feel the same? That's purely subjective and in no way supports your case.
Yeah it is subjective. I didn't say it was fact, lol.

I can't do the same. I've acknowledged everything you have said, and in turn, I have provided counters that you continually fail to acknowledge.
Refer to two above.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Ugh, I just wanna facepalm. Let me go back to my original point however many posts ago.

You said: We could make Dixie and Diddy an ICs-like character. We could make them a switch character like Zelda/Sheik.

I said: No, that would make the ICs gimmick less gimmicky and we don't need more than one. No, because that would require an overhaul of Diddy and he's already fine as he is.

So you do see what I'm saying? Let me repeat myself again so you don't forget. I don't like the idea because it changes the character. Samus DID NOT change. She got a transformation, sure, but her overall character likeness is completely the same. And the only reason she can change is because Final Smashes were added and they weren't in the series before Brawl (and the d-pad thing, but that's insignificant).

The exact example you just brought up I am against because it changes Diddy's actual moveset unnecessarily. Samus's moveset is exactly the same with or without ZSS.
I also want to facepalm. Do you know why? Because once again, I have already countered this point. Once again, you've failed to acknowledge my counter and continue to repeat the same invalid points. And once again, I am forced to repeat myself.

First of all, who cares if it makes the Ice Climbers "less gimmicky?" That gimmick is a decade old. And you still haven't explained why we "don't need more than one." Second of all, Dixie could be implemented without removing any of Diddy's moves. An unused button (like the Down D-pad in Brawl) could be used to switch. A taunt could be used to switch. Some new feature could be added that makes it easier for them to switch (like Final Smashed allowed Samus to switch). You could physically reach into your television screen and switch the characters with your bare hands... I don't care. How they switch would be up to the developers if it happened, and it could easily be done without "ruining" Diddy, if the developers were really that concerned about keeping him the same, which you ALSO don't know.

Get it?

Bookmark this so you don't forget.
Oh, I bookmarked this long ago. I bookmarked it so that when more people like you come around, I'll be ready. It'd be best that you do the same, but in your case, so that you don't forget that Diddy and Dixie being paired is a good possibility if Dixie was introduced, and your personal opinion can do nothing to change that.

Yeah it is subjective. I didn't say it was fact, lol.
...And you use a subjective matter like that to support your argument? That's what I don't understand.

Please, try to read everything. I have acknowledged everything you said, and provided counter arguments that you fail to acknowledge. Stop using arguments that I've already crushed.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I also want to facepalm. Do you know why? Because once again, I have already countered this point. Once again, you've failed to acknowledge my counter and continue to repeat the same invalid points. And once again, I am forced to repeat myself.
No one is making you post.

First of all, who cares if it makes the Ice Climbers "less gimmicky?" That gimmick is a decade old. And you still haven't explained why we "don't need more than one." Second of all, Dixie could be implemented without removing any of Diddy's moves. An unused button (like the Down D-pad in Brawl) could be used to switch. A taunt could be used to switch. Some new feature could be added that makes it easier for them to switch (like Final Smashed allowed Samus to switch). You could physically reach into your television screen and switch the characters with your bare hands... I don't care. How they switch would be up to the developers if it happened, and it could easily be done without "ruining" Diddy, if the developers were really that concerned about keeping him the same, which you ALSO don't know.

Get it?
Quite. Yeah, you could do all that. That's fine. You clearly just forgot that I didn't like having it change Diddy's moveset. But if Dixie wants to show up with the d-pad or Final Smash, that's perfectly okay. Should've read my last post again.

And the IC's gimmick is just my opinion. I just don't like the gimmick that much, so for it to show up again with someone like Diddy just isn't my cup of tea. Considering all the subjectives, you're just fighting an uphill battle.

Oh, I bookmarked this long ago. I bookmarked it so that when more people like you come around, I'll be ready. It'd be best that you do the same, but in your case, so that you don't forget that Diddy and Dixie being paired is a good possibility if Dixie was introduced, and your personal opinion can do nothing to change that.
*says personal opinion*
*says other person's opinion doesn't change anything*

Got it. Saying its a good possibility is subjective.

...And you use a subjective matter like that to support your argument? That's what I don't understand.
You just did it.

Please, try to read everything. I have acknowledged everything you said, and provided counter arguments that you fail to acknowledge. Stop using arguments that I've already crushed.
You should read before you post. My opinion was that I don't like the idea of doing it by changing his moveset. If Dixie wants to show up after a Final Smash, let her, I don't give a ****.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
No one is making you post.
I just want us to be on the same page, which we clearly aren't. Also, I don't like leaving my debates unfinished. Sorry.

Quite. Yeah, you could do all that. That's fine. You clearly just forgot that I didn't like having it change Diddy's moveset. But if Dixie wants to show up with the d-pad or Final Smash, that's perfectly okay. Should've read my last post again.
It's perfectly fine that you don't want it to change Diddy's moveset. I've known you don't like this, and that's why me and Soniccuz even suggested alternative methods in the first place.

And the IC's gimmick is just my opinion. I just don't like the gimmick that much, so for it to show up again with someone like Diddy just isn't my cup of tea. Considering all the subjectives, you're just fighting an uphill battle.
Once again, it's fine that you don't like the gimmick, but that doesn't change anything.

*says personal opinion*
*says other person's opinion doesn't change anything*

Got it. Saying its a good possibility is subjective.
Saying that it's a good possibility is not subjective... but it doesn't seem objective either. If I said something along the lines of "I want Diddy and Dixie to be a pair, so I think it will definitely happen in SSB4" then you could call it subjective. But I didn't say that.

You just did it.
There's a difference between what I said and what you said. Basically what you said is it's ridiculous because you don't like it. I just said there is a good possibility.

You should read before you post. My opinion was that I don't like the idea of doing it by changing his moveset. If Dixie wants to show up after a Final Smash, let her, I don't give a ****.
So... why didn't you ever mention that before? I did read, and you never once said that. All you basically said was that the idea of the two being paired is ridiculous because you don't want Diddy's moveset to change. Thats it. You thought it was so ridiculous, you compared it to the idea of Iwata's toilet becoming a stage.

I'm just trying to get you to see that it is in fact a possibility especially if that was the plan for Brawl, rather than a ridiculous suggestion. This whole time (until now, maybe) you've refused to accept that it definitely could happen. I' not saying it should. I'm not saying it will. I'm saying it definitely could. That's all I've been trying to get you to understand.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think it'll be more like Skyward Sword than anything else. It'd be nice though if we got unlockable OOT skins for the Zelda characters though.
If Gannondorf isn't in Skyward Sword do you think he'll get an OoT model? Since that will have been his most recent appearance? It is an interesting thought.

Here is another thought, what Ocarina of Time stage should they include in the next Smash? We never had one before.

Hyrule Castle (all games)
Temple (LAnes)
Termina Bay (MM)
Bridge of Eldin (TP)
Pirate Ship (WW)

Maybe we will finally get that Gannon Tower stage?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
If Gannondorf isn't in Skyward Sword do you think he'll get an OoT model? Since that will have been his most recent appearance? It is an interesting thought.

Here is another thought, what Ocarina of Time stage should they include in the next Smash? We never had one before.

Temple (LAnes)
Termina Bay (MM)
Bridge of Eldin (TP)
Pirate Ship (WW)

Yeah I think he'll most likely get his carina of Time model. Also, I don't see Sheik getting a new model either. She'd probably go back to her Ocarina of Time appearance, considering that her game is remade.

As for stages, I've always liked the idea of a death mountain stage that takes place on the hulls of Death Mountain. Occasionally, the volcano could erupt and hot rocks would rain upon the stage for a couple of seconds, just like in OoT. Or how about a Goron City stage? That location in the game is pretty unique, with tightropes, random Gorons rolling around, and the Goron urn rotating at the bottom of the city.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Temple (LAnes)
Termina Bay (MM)
Bridge of Eldin (TP)
Pirate Ship (WW)

Well, I think the odds are good that it's Ganondorf. I mean, only one... maybe two console games, tops, have had a not-Ganondorf villain.

But I don't think they'll dip into the Ocarina of Time jar again, they might do what they did for Sheik and touch Ganondorf up with the Skyward Sword look.

And I hope we get something like that, the amount of times we could have a cool stage like that when we have the character is sort of irritating. But not as bad as how we have Norfair, two fight themes, and no Ridley. =P

majora_787

Smash Hero
Very nice.

SO I looked some stuff up, and found some characters to note for the next SSB game. In Brawl, characters that were trophies were used as resources. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wario, Olimar, and Pit were all trophies before becoming characters.

This is a list of characters who popped up as trophies in both games. The list also includes characters that were planned for previous installments. (I know Bowser Jr. wasn't in both, but he's still a CoI.)

Toad
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Bowser Jr.
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Ridley
Baby Mario
Peppy
Slippy
Samurai Goroh
Jeff
Tom Nook
Balloon Fighter
Meowth
Toon Zelda & Sheik
Roy
Mewtwo
Dr. Mario

I wouldn't go so far as to say every last one of these guys will be in SSB4. But I will say, this could be a chunk of the characters looked toward first, and any number of these guys COULD be used, and probably will be.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
The Glitz Pit would probably be a pretty ridiculous stage, IMO. Plus, Macho Grubba's theme would then work and that theme is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKrhiKrbHo

Also, on a side note, I just remembered how annoying it was in TTYD on my second playthrough when I had to name Doopliss, but couldn't because one of the letters is missing, even though I know his name is Doopliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom