• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I would give every one in Brawl equal chances of being kept or dropped if I were making the poll. It would be interesting to see which Smash veterans are more wanted than other Smash veterans, you know?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I would give every one in Brawl equal chances of being kept or dropped if I were making the poll. It would be interesting to see which Smash veterans are more wanted than other Smash veterans, you know?
Yeah I agree, but if i were to do that, I feel like it would more aimed toward "popular ss4 roster" instead of popular newcomer candidates, ya know?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Of course, duh. I have noticed that many people tend to want more of the same thing they already have and are usually resistant to change, most likely because they are more or less unable to let go of things. That would likely explain why many people say that everyone should return and no one should be removed and then they want to add more characters on top of them AND not let them go in the next game and so on. Hoarding usually is not a good thing.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I think Ridley will be. He won't be like the other fighters, but in his own category I think.
I don't know why I always forget this and I'm glad you unintentionally reminded me: people mention Ridley's size being unacceptable because it's different, but if anything, being different is a boon. Also reminds me of why I like to play as Bowser. Being way bigger than everyone else rules.

Yeah I agree, but if i were to do that, I feel like it would more aimed toward "popular ss4 roster" instead of popular newcomer candidates, ya know?
For consistency, I'd say go with Arc's suggestion, though I don't think it matters too much either way. Someone who wants Zoroark won't automatically assume you're suggesting Lucario will stay or leave, they'll just vote for Zoroark and move on.

I'd say the use of checkboxes vs. single choices would be a much more important decision, even in the low occurrence that some series get more than one newcomer in certain installments.

edit @Arc: I hope to meet you someday in like 20 years when I can laugh at you for never being able to play as the Meowth in the Smash Bros.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hoarding usually is not a good thing.
Bahh. Okay you're right. But I'm willing to bet the only ccharacters that might leave in this poll is lucario, and that's it.

For consistency, I'd say go with Arc's suggestion
Well, I do like consistency, that's why I eat tapioca. Anyways, I know that i should use single choice on some things, like Arc's Trainer dealio, but is that it? I think I'll do checkboxes, you two are right really.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Be careful what you wish for, Toise.

I like tapioca, too.

And really, you use multiple choices and single choices depending on the subject you are polling, you know? Like what I explained to you about Pokemon Trainer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Be careful what you wish for, Toise.

I like tapioca, too.

And really, you use multiple choices and single choices depending on the subject you are polling, you know? Like what I explained to you about Pokemon Trainer.
Yeah, I think I'm set mechanics wise, now I just want a few more people to puke up some lists, I want some more opinions then the three I have garunteed so far. Oh, are you gonna send me the rest of your list? I"m off!

*runs to ipecac Augusto, Fatman, and Kuma*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh! I am still working on a long list to send you. I think this one should have multiple choices so people could have the option to vote their choices of returning veterans and newcomers. I think that it would be interesting and surprising to see if there are any newcomers who actually get more votes than any returning veterans.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has confirmed interest in a Nintendo x Capcom fighter. At the Nintendo 3DS conference in Amsterdam yesterday, Cubed3 attended Ono-san's roundtable session and managed to ask the key question: "Considering you are trying to make Street Fighter IV 3DS accessible to a wider audience, did you ever think about including Nintendo characters to broaden the appeal?"

Rather than brushing the question off completely, instead Ono-san reacted very positively, saying he would like to make a Nintendo x Capcom fighting game and that the idea should be pitched to Nintendo of Japan and Masahiro Sakurai.

Smaah 4 to have a 50/50 Nintendo and Capcom roster? I hope not. Though I would like to see a Nintendo x Capcom, I would not want it to be Smash 4.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I got there first.

I believe he meant a game like Marvel Vs, I don't think a developer would be arrogant enough to shovel characters into someone else's franchise.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo Vs. Capcom sounds epic though they better not release it for just the 3DS.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It may probably have a Marvel vs Capcom feel to it. Knowing that Sakurai may very well be apart of it, they might throw in some quirks to make it a bit of a party game as well. Let's just hope Sakurai's apparent thing against his games being competitive doesn't get in the way of what could potentially be a very great game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono has confirmed interest in a Nintendo x Capcom fighter. At the Nintendo 3DS conference in Amsterdam yesterday, Cubed3 attended Ono-san's roundtable session and managed to ask the key question: "Considering you are trying to make Street Fighter IV 3DS accessible to a wider audience, did you ever think about including Nintendo characters to broaden the appeal?"

Rather than brushing the question off completely, instead Ono-san reacted very positively, saying he would like to make a Nintendo x Capcom fighting game and that the idea should be pitched to Nintendo of Japan and Masahiro Sakurai.

Smaah 4 to have a 50/50 Nintendo and Capcom roster? I hope not. Though I would like to see a Nintendo x Capcom, I would not want it to be Smash 4.
I think it would be made as a separate game on its own. Would it have Smash mechanics? If Street Fighter vs. Tekken is any indication, I think a hybrid design would happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think it would be made as a separate game on its own. Would it have Smash mechanics? If Street Fighter vs. Tekken is any indication, I think a hybrid design would happen.
definitely seperate, and I would HATE to have the game styled after smash bros. That just sounds horrid to me. The fighting style either needs to be unique, or more geared towards SF.

I doubt this will happen, I mean do you REALLY think nintendo will just let capcom do as they please with there characters? I feel it would be watched over a lot by nintendo.

It all sounds just fishy.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Remember, Ryota Nitsuma also has expressed a desire to create a Nintendo Vs. Capcom game. Considering Ono's plate is full and Nitsuma's latest project is about to wrap up chances are he could get to it first.

And to everyone complaining (though I haven't seen anyone here do it) about another fighting game on the Wii please note by the time this game is actually developed the Wii's successor will more then likely be out. What better time for a game such as that? Nintendo gets a hardcore title that can appeal to the hardcore and mainstream and Capcom will have a guaranteed seller. It is a win-win for both parties.

I would be very curious to see Capcom's roster selection philosophy for that game? I don't care as long as I get Breath of Fire acknowledgement. ;_;

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Forgive me if I'm reposting this but I don't feel like reading through 2000 pages haha

On the back of ssb64s cover box it says "melee"in the corner.

On the back of melees cover it says "brawl" in the same respective corner (pretty sure its the same location)

On brawls cover it says showdown.

Ssbs?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm just going to say, I wouldn't mind if they announced a new smash game in the next year or two. I'd almost prefer that.

The speculation when the game has been confirmed and information is being given at randomly organized intervals is a fun part of the game.

This came up because I was playing Brawl, and I noticed; it's getting sort of slow like Melee did after 3-4 years. (Brawl will be 3 years old this March.) And I really hope it doesn't get dragged out for another four. I seem to have noticed that smash games get old for me and my friends in 5-6 years. I remember, I didn't even play Melee after it had been out for six years. I went to other stuff. But then Brawl was announced.

And I hope this isn't just me, but when brawl was announced, I went back to 64 and Melee and played them until I got everything done.

And actually, I also noticed that part of the reason Melee lasted 5 years in my gamecube was because I got an action replay after 3. I could use some hacks to add some fun to Brawl for another couple years, but seriously, to my knowledge, there's no way to do that without modding my wii.

tldr; Brawl's probably gonna get old for me by its 4th birthday. There's no reasonably simple hacks like an Action Replay I can use to extend funtime, and the next game won't be revealed for another 1-2 years. I'm tired of this happening, and I hope the next game, whenever it comes out, has some way of extending its own funtime.

Eloquent speaking is eloquent. Lost in translation has become lost in rambling brain fart.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
tldr; Brawl's probably gonna get old for me by its 4th birthday. There's no reasonably simple hacks like an Action Replay I can use to extend funtime, and the next game won't be revealed for another 1-2 years. I'm tired of this happening, and I hope the next game, whenever it comes out, has some way of extending its own funtime
Download content: The thing Brawl should've had from the word "go". Hopefully, if Nintendo does make another Smash Bros. game, they'll be sure to keep download content in mind.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
No doubt about it, Nintendo would either:

A) Go out of their way to make it unmistakably different compared to Smash (like a 3D stage fighter or a different genre altogether), or
B) Just make it as a Smash spinoff in both name and design (so it'd be "Smash Bros. vs. Capcom" instead of "Nintendo vs. Capcom")

My money and hopes are on A. I also assume it'd be competitive friendly with Capcom's involvement. What they definitely won't do is make a regular Vs. fighter with Nintendo characters in it. 0% chance of that happening and I wager all of my non-vital organs on that statement.

@DekuBoy: Always first in my book, son.

Landry

Smash Ace

A) Go out of their way to make it unmistakably different compared to Smash (like a 3D stage fighter or a different genre altogether), or
B) Just make it as a Smash spinoff in both name and design (so it'd be "Smash Bros. vs. Capcom" instead of "Nintendo vs. Capcom")

My money and hopes are on A. I also assume it'd be competitive friendly with Capcom's involvement. What they definitely won't do is make a regular Vs. fighter with Nintendo characters in it. 0% chance of that happening and I wager all of my non-vital organs on that statement.

Noted for future reference. But honestly, I agree. I don't wan't just another Vs. title with Nintendo characters. IF this was to happen it'd be nice to see something that separates it from both franchises. But let's be for real, if this happens I don't really care how they do it, I'd buy it.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

You're too kind Toise. :)

I would love a Nintendo Vs Capcom that is like Tatsunoko Vs. Though I have noticed that in their fighting games, (bar Street Fighter) Capcom suck at choosing characters. The Marvel roster in MVC3 is a shambles.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I always would like to to see Nintendo Characters in a tradational fighter. Though, I kinda wish it had the fighting mechanics of SNK Fighters.

They were the better fighting game developer.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

You sure about that? Capcom can make pretty mean 2d fighting games with bizarre characters. *coughDarkstalkerscough*

I'll take your kidney...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just wondering, why do you think so?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Forgive me if I'm reposting this but I don't feel like reading through 2000 pages haha

On the back of ssb64s cover box it says "melee"in the corner.

On the back of melees cover it says "brawl" in the same respective corner (pretty sure its the same location)

On brawls cover it says showdown.

Ssbs?
I'm trying to find this, but I can't find any of these anywhere. Link, please?

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Guys
Hey guys
You guys
Let's discuss Muddy Mole.

So, he has a moveset that's pretty simple to figure out(Claws, Bombs and digging) that would almost certainly be unique and fun to use, and he represent the Gameboy like how Ice Climbers represented NES.
He's also made by Miyamoto which is a huge plus, and also serves to represent Puzzle games.
What do the rest of you think of this character?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo x Capcom? Sign me up!

Hopefully it will contain some (not all of them) Smash characters AND some Nintendo characters who might or might not be appearing in SSB4 plus some Capcom characters from the Marvel vs. Capcom series and some Capcom characters who are not in MvC3. If Sukapon is not gonna be in SSB4, then maybe he can be in NxC.

And I would love for the gameplay to be like Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, not like the Super Smash Bros. series. Why? Nintendo characters have never been playable in that kind of fighting game before and it would be interesting to see how they are like in that kind of fighting game and because NxC should not be SSB4 but a new Vs. Capcom game.

Muddy Mole for SSB4? Oh, yeah! I have played Mole Mania a couple years ago and I thought it was pretty fun and challenging. Oh, and those weren't bombs, they were just iron balls. ;) I am not sure how well digging would translate into Smash gameplay but maybe Muddy Mole would be better suited for Nintendo x Capcom?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd prefer that if we got some new Nintendo characters in Ninendo X Capcom (assuming it happens), they get implemented in SSB4 or some future title. Doesn't seem right otherwise.

I still think it should be a spinoff from SSB, just like Marvel vs. Capcom started out. Now that I think about it, I wonder what it'd be like if Nintendo did a different take on the Smash design and created a new series (like how Darkstalkers derived from Street Fighter) with an original cast.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
We still can have Amateratsu from Okami, Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil 2 and 4 (which came out in Nintendo systems), Viewtiful Joe or even Phoenix Wright from their eponymous series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Right off the bat, we have Darkstalkers (Felicia would have to get a redesign on the chest area), Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Godhand, Bionic Commando, Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Ghost N' Goblins, Strider Hiryu, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Breath of Fire, Final Fight (which is also in the Street Fighter universe), Monster Hunter, and more.

Time for fantasy cast:
40 characters, 20 Nintendo, 20 Capcom

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Link
  6. Zelda
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Fox
  10. Pikachu
  11. Mewtwo
  12. Pit
  13. Ness
  14. Yoshi
  15. Wario
  16. Marth
  17. Little Mac
  18. Samus
  19. Kirby
  20. Capt. Falcon
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun-Li
  3. M. Bison
  4. C. Viper or Juri
  5. Megaman Classic
  6. Zero
  7. Chris
  8. Jill
  9. Wesker
  10. Dante
  11. Phoenix Wright
  12. Amaterasu
  13. Strider Hiryu
  14. Viewtiful Joe
  15. Morrigan
  16. Felicia
  17. Hsien-Ko
  18. Frank West
  19. Arthur
  20. Spencer

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Right off the bat, we have Darkstalkers (Felicia would have to get a redesign on the chest area), Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Godhand, Bionic Commando, Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Ghost N' Goblins, Strider Hiryu, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Breath of Fire, Final Fight (which is also in the Street Fighter universe), Monster Hunter, and more.

Time for fantasy cast:
40 characters, 20 Nintendo, 20 Capcom

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Link
  6. Zelda
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Fox
  10. Pikachu
  11. Mewtwo
  12. Pit
  13. Ness
  14. Yoshi
  15. Wario
  16. Marth
  17. Little Mac
  18. Samus
  19. Kirby
  20. Capt. Falcon
  1. Ryu
  2. Chun-Li
  3. M. Bison
  4. C. Viper or Juri
  5. Megaman Classic
  6. Zero
  7. Chris
  8. Jill
  9. Wesker
  10. Dante
  11. Phoenix Wright
  12. Amaterasu
  13. Strider Hiryu
  14. Viewtiful Joe
  15. Morrigan
  16. Felicia
  17. Hsien-Ko
  18. Frank West
  19. Arthur
  20. Spencer
Your list follows to much of the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 mold. I would expect some serious changes to the Capcom roster you list. Here I'll do my top 20:

1. Ryu
  2. Chun-Li
  3. M. Bison
  4. C. Viper
  5. Megaman
  6. Zero
  7. Bass.EXE
  8. Servbot
  9. Felyne
  10. Batsu Ichimonji
  11. Phoenix Wright
  12. Amaterasu