• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As I was, I noticed some of them have a multiple choice ? bubble instead of a check in a box, (Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother, and Sinnoh Pokemon) meaning you can only choose one instead of multiple. Fix those up please? :)
I did it, yo.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I voted on your poll Shortie. Must ask though why is Paper Luigi, Bowser, and Peach on your poll but not Paper Mario? Odd decision.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im not seeing alot of diversity on the voting, i don't wanna see a poll of characters that already exist thats boring. i didn't know u could vote for more than 1 per section tho or i would have voted for hector. always wanted to see someone with an axe get in lol.

and more mike jones!!! cmon startropics rules, and makes yoyo's so badass.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I voted on your poll Shortie. Must ask though why is Paper Luigi, Bowser, and Peach on your poll but not Paper Mario? Odd decision.
*facepalms* Oi. Brb! If you guys find anymore "weird things" post them please!

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Soo, I just choose which characters I want to see return/debut in Smash Bros.?

Sounds simple enough. :p

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, if you see something stupid/repetative repetitive (sorry, couldn't help but correct it lol) tell me!
Agh, I've gone through most of the poll, but now I'm stuck debating on my status with Zoroark. Also, I am assuming the 'Only one choice' bubbles on the Poketrainers is intentional, right?

Now I know why it's intentional. :awesome:

EDIT: Finished, but knowing me, I probably screwed up and selected a character twice Dx

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I've filled it out. I must have picked a dozen for other Nintendo franchises though...

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I've filled it out. I must have picked a dozen for other Nintendo franchises though...
I can totally relate xD

In fact, I think I forgot to choose Jill from Drill Dozer because I was so busy picking out all the rest.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Complaint time:

- Tons of redundant choices by listing specific movesets or teeny-tiny variations, ends up cluttering most of the sections. Zelda section would be the worst, were it not for...
- The Pokemon Trainer section. Whoever thought up that part earns the medal for dumbest poster here, it's so unnecessarily long. If you really wanted detailed PT setups, you should've used a comment box (even if it's at the end of the page). Or just not cared that much about technical precision.
- Actually, you probably should've had a box regardless for the sake of write-in votes.
- No Ice Climbers or Golden Sun, what gives?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Complaint time:

- Tons of redundant choices by listing specific movesets or teeny-tiny variations, ends up cluttering most of the sections. Zelda section would be the worst, were it not for...
TBH, I would not minding having Young Link playable since Link's moves are now completely different, and are no longer representing Ocarina or other N64 titles, maybe he can be on the same space as Link on the character select screen... (but my opinion isn't the only one that matters >.> <.<)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll do a relauch after I "pass inspection" from you guys. But I'll go back and place a new pokemon trainer system. As well as clean up any repatatives.

I added: Ice Climbers, Isaac, Matthew and Felix. That's good for GS.

New PT system?

Which trainer do you want to see in the next smash game?

then,

Which type combo would you like to see?

3rd Evo Fire/ 2nd Water / 1st Grass

Water / Grass / Fire

Water / Fire / Grass

Grass / Fire / Water

Grass / Water / Fire

Fire / Grass / Water

sound better?

Edit: I can't read write ins on this website...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It won't even let me see the poll (yes, I've signed up, though I may need a confirmation email).
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/514551

definitely posted my link, not a guest's link to the polls, sorry about that.

Anyways, so yes. This poll is pretty much done, I'm going to go through it sometime tonight after I do all my speech and debate stuff. Is the PT thing bad enough to ruin the few votes I have so far? That's the big question I guess.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there were two Ganondorf options, the smash version and the Ganondorf/Ganon version. Is the second supposed to be a different character, or the same character with an improved moveset? Because I noticed that most votes went to the current clone G-Tier Ganondorf....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I noticed there were two Ganondorf options, the smash version and the Ganondorf/Ganon version. Is the second supposed to be a different character, or the same character with an improved moveset? Because I noticed that most votes went to the current clone G-Tier Ganondorf....
Just renamed him, I think he is the only one that needs more clarification, Ganondorf/Ganon (Non-Clone) seems a long but descriptive name.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Alright. I filled out the form. The 3rd generation and 2nd generation were tough. I couldn't decide between Feraligatr or Typhlosion.

Anyway, I thought about DLC for a long time and I think that would be the best possible action for smash bros. They could take as long as they want between games if they release some form of new content every few months. Or hell, every year. Either or.

And, it'd get rid of whiners. Nobody can say R.O.B. stole a roster spot if their favorite characters are DLC later. =P

I personally would probably end up downloading like every character and a number of stages. Especially if Navarre and Nephenee became DLC . . . (fanboy moment ensues)

Okay, yeah, sorry. =P But ya know, DLC would just open up a lot of options. And I think it may be possible, if Ridley and the Pokemon Trainer can be made playable by less professional programmers, that someone could MAKE that DLC if nintendo didn't.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That poll is just horrible. Why are we voting on things like "Sheik as a separate character" or three version of Tetra. And heck, why even have returning characters on it?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smashchu. :) You cannot just assume that EVERYONE from Melee and Brawl are returning in SSB4. The way I see it, it was to see which veterans were more wanted than others.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm late to this, but whatever, I'm never here anyways, but like half of my playtime on MHTri was spent in loading screens or spent traveling between places looking for stuff. :V

And no, Waluigi shouldn't be in the Wario Land games....Or the WarioWare games....Or even the Mario spinoff games if it can be helped. V:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Waluigi was the same Waluigi from BitF, I'd be all over the idea.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu. :) You cannot just assume that EVERYONE from Melee and Brawl are returning in SSB4. The way I see it, it was to see which veterans were more wanted than others.
And you can not assume they wont come back
So are really going to vote on every character from Brawl. It would make sense to focus on new character. Of course, as it is, it is just too cluttered.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And you can not assume they wont come back
So are really going to vote on every character from Brawl. It would make sense to focus on new character. Of course, as it is, it is just too cluttered.
Well thank you for your opinion... *checks his watch* a week and a half late.

Anyways, I prefer to have as many choices as possible, rather than have too little. Though I do agree there is a lot. There is no denying that. I don't mind taking some critism into consideration if it is actually good. But starting with

That poll is just horrible.
tends to show me you don't have anything more than that to say.

Haters gonna hate.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I think that some things could be fixed, because the poll is excessively big (IMO) Maybe you could compress most of the Pokemon Trainer section and have, 'Which region do you want represented?' and then gender, and then the different combinations of Pokemon, so it's not as long.

For most series', you could save room by you placing the Smash veterans, the most likely/popular choices and then have one of those boxes where you can type up other options (assuming that this can actually be implemented). This could be especially useful for the Mother list, which is absurdly big for such a minor series.

Most of the Kirby choices are pretty unlikely because most of them are pretty minor characters in the game. Lastly, for variants of characters, maybe you should have the option and then you type out which character would be paperfied, yarnified etc. and for redone characters, you could do the same.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just went through and did some cutting. I cut a lot of the repetative characters, and characters that had 2 - no votes on them. The only places that had realively little to cat were Pokemon, Starfox, and New Franchises. I Cut only four from new franchises because I want to keep as many options as possible open there.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
There are two sections on the poll where I felt frustrated due to a lack of character.That is the lack of 'Villager' from animal Crossing in Other, and the lack of Sigurd in Fire Emblem.

Also, you DO know you can let people write in their own, right? Maybe have some of that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There are two sections on the poll where I felt frustrated due to a lack of character.That is the lack of 'Villager' from animal Crossing in Other, and the lack of Sigurd in Fire Emblem.

Also, you DO know you can let people write in their own, right? Maybe have some of that.
It doesn't let me look at what you write unless I download each individual ballot. Sigurd just got cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom