• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to join the discussion after lurking it for about a year, maybe? xD

I think it's important we consider that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are the biggest franchises Nintendo has going at the moment. Well, that and Pokemon, which already has the Pokemon Company to deal with that stuff..
As Toise showed on his link, Donkey Kong is MUCH more popular than Metroid, and almost up there with Zelda. So I don't have much to say here.

But I think SSB games should be a place where it doesn't matter which franchise is most popular, and every famous Nintendo series gets equal (or at least within range of one another) representation. Who cares if they haven't updated a certain series in a few years? I mean, 19 years, and maybe they can consider the boot. Sound good?
This.

I'm the same; I really don't care who's most popular when it comes to game characters. I prefer Lyn, heck, Shiida over Micaiah, Takamaru and Sukapon (who isn't happening in Smash, unfortunately) over Bowser Jr. (I hate Bowser Jr. a lot, but he has high chances for Smash), and someone like Kumatora and Lip over Krystal (who I also heavily despise). Last I checked, Smash Bros was about the NINTENDO ALL-STARS, not NINTENDO'S MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. So yeah...

I think that as long as they have some sort of qualification, they have a chance at Smash. As for 3rd Parties, Geno is nowhere near as popular as Megaman, Bomberman (who has connections with Ninty), and Simon Belmont (if in the case Snake is removed), and I probably would never bother using Geno at all. He, to be honest, doesn't deserve to be in Smash, unlike the ones I listed. /flame shield activated, especially because people have talked about Geno over and over again

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
Source: Nintendo [as of September 2009]:
Total Super Mario series:
more than 222 million units sold worldwide
Total Zelda series: more than 59 million units worldwide
Total Metroid series: more than 15 million units worldwide
Total Pokémon series: more than 197 million units worldwide
Total Donkey Kong series: more than 49 million units worldwide

guest;nintendo, if you're curious how to get in

You're right about the "popularity doesn't matter that much" bit, but Metroid is pretty far down the ladder here. Wario and Kirby are above it, for starters.

And yeah even Zelda and DK look like crap compared to Mario/Pokemon/Wii ____ series.
When I said at the moment, I literally meant that Nintendo is profiting off of and working on these series mainly. You've got Mario, which SMG2 and NSMBW are representing at the moment; Zelda has Twilight Princess to an extent, but more so with Skyward Sword and OoT3Ds. Metroid just got Other M out, and (in the case of Zelda and Metroid) these are the Nintendo games with the biggest hype that I've seen thus far.

But Mario will always have something going on, he's a football-playing king in space. With a mustache.

Kirby, Star Fox and DK are definitely gonna pick up, but the point is that I was talking about media publicity and fan-based hype, not sales. Sales don't matter for Smash, they will NOT take out Game & Watch.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone ever said that they would take out Game and Watch. If I'm correct they were even selling his games on the DSi shop thing.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
When I said at the moment, I literally meant that Nintendo is profiting off of and working on these series mainly. You've got Mario, which SMG2 and NSMBW are representing at the moment; Zelda has Twilight Princess to an extent, but more so with Skyward Sword and OoT3Ds. Metroid just got Other M out, and (in the case of Zelda and Metroid) these are the Nintendo games with the biggest hype that I've seen thus far.
Except Nintendo makes far less money off of Metroid than they do off of all these other series. Calling that "one of Nintendo's biggest series" is flat-out wrong. Assuming only recent games matter is horribly short-sighted (and in the case of Other M, wrong again, given its reception so far).

Kirby, Star Fox and DK are definitely gonna pick up, but the point is that I was talking about media publicity and fan-based hype, not sales. Sales don't matter for Smash, they will NOT take out Game & Watch.
It's kinda funny that you mention Game & Watch. If we were cutting the bottom rung series, he'd still be in.

Anyway, hype and publicity are temporary. They're just noise. Anyone can make noise. If you're loud enough, you can get people to believe anything you say. Seems to be a recurring theme online that people buy into this and forget anything beyond three months ago.

Sales are concrete and permanent. They account for every person who bought the game, no matter how vocal they are (good thing, since most people aren't interested in video game news like we are). Sales don't "forget" a game's impact the way hype does.

Of course that's all in relation to each series' value to Nintendo itself.

Sakurai celebrates the obscure and designs his games with the silent majority in mind. The former means ignoring sales to an extent, but both of these ideals are completely at odds with whatever the media/hype machine spews out. God bless him.

Oh, and uh, content isn't limited to playable characters, blah blah whatever you guys should be playing the new Layton game

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and uh, content isn't limited to playable characters
Agreed. This feels too much like a "SSB4 CHARACTER Discussion Thread." Remember, we still have Assist Trophies to consider! Items! Game Modes! Masterpieces
(Although the majority seems to go against them from what I've seen...)
! Stages, anyone?

If Sakurai worked this way, we'd have 60 characters and, uh, not much else. Except for tripping :chuckle:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Meant that more in a "representational content" way. Lots of people complain that Series X had too much or too little content but they're usually only measuring characters (sometimes stages). Not that that means certain series still didn't get shafted somehow, but all that stuff shouldn't be ignored so quickly.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
We're talking about whatever someone mentions, if someone mentions a character, we debate it. Simple as that. If someone mentions something like stages, then we'll discuss stages. =P

Anyway for Assist Trophies... What assist trophies should be removed and be made playable, and what should be added? Me, personally, I want Issac, Saki, Nintendog, Lyn, and Starfy playable. (and Metroid ;D) That looks like too much, but some of the Assist Trophies I can so imagine being playable. =P

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Agreed. This feels too much like a "SSB4 CHARACTER Discussion Thread." Remember, we still have Assist Trophies to consider! Items! Game Modes! Masterpieces
(Although the majority seems to go against them from what I've seen...)
! Stages, anyone?

If Sakurai worked this way, we'd have 60 characters and, uh, not much else. Except for tripping :chuckle:
The characters always overshadow the stages, Assist Trophies, items, etc.

We're talking about whatever someone mentions, if someone mentions a character, we debate it. Simple as that. If someone mentions something like stages, then we'll discuss stages. =P

Anyway for Assist Trophies... What assist trophies should be removed and be made playable, and what should be added? Me, personally, I want Issac, Saki, Nintendog, Lyn, and Starfy playable. (and Metroid ;D) That looks like too much, but some of the Assist Trophies I can so imagine being playable. =P
Like I said before, the characters overshadow everything. I remember I even suggested some stage ideas and item ideas and I got only a couple replies about them but then the discussion goes back to the characters.

As for Brawl's Assist Trophies becoming playable in SSB4, I can only see Little Mac, Starfy, and even Tingle getting the upgrade. Little Mac had a new Wii game last year. Starfy had a new DS game two years ago and it was the first Starfy game to be international. Tingle had a new DS game last year and he doesn't even have to be the 5th Zelda rep since he already has his own series (so Rupee icon instead of Triforce icon).

As for Isaac and Saki, I don't see them happening anymore. Not since Golden Sun and Sin & Punishment got new games after Brawl came out and they aren't even the protagonists in these new games. I can really see their sons (the new protagonists) getting in SSB4 instead of the original protagonists for that reason. Matthew instead of Isaac and Isa instead of Saki for SSB4.

Fire Emblem pattern;

Marth & Roy, drop Roy. Marth & Ike, drop Ike.

Ike's replacement, Sothe.
Sothe? But he isn't even in the latest Fire Emblem games. The newest Fire Emblem games are on the DS and they are Marth's games. So, who is the next most important character after Marth in these games? In my opinion, it seems to be Caeda. Even Sakurai himself considers Caeda the heroine of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon!

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but they use newer Fire Emblem characters... Roy was new at the time, Sothe is the newest main character, next to that lightning magic girl..

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sothe and "that lightning magical girl" (Micaiah) may be new compared to Caeda but right now, he is not relevant to the current Fire Emblem games. Who are relevant to the current Fire Emblem games right now? Marth and Caeda. Nintendo added old characters from pre-Melee games who are important in post-Melee games and new characters from post-Melee games in Brawl. It makes more sense to add old characters from pre-Brawl games who are relevant in post-Brawl games and new characters from post-Brawl games in SSB4.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I know Nintendog has a very small chance, I think it would encourage more girls to play, since girls would love to play with a puppy, though as Sakurai said, a puppy can't really right... but with Nintendo's imagination, you never know. It's more of a combat thing rather than a special movest thing. =P

Tingle has his own games? Woah, links plz. And I would LOVE to have Starfy playable, he's awesome. =P

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't even say that Sothe is the newest main character. Micaiah is more of a main character than he is. They're not even really the newest characters when Ike is in that game as well and shares protagonist/hero status with them. They're not going to replace Ike with another character from a game that he is in. Frankly, Ike is just way more important than either character so there is literally no way he is being replaced by either of them. I highly doubt he's even going to be replaced, I would be genuinely shocked if he wasn't in the next smash.

Roy was replaced because the Fire Emblem game he was in was outdated by the time Brawl came around, isn't really highly regarded to the series as a whole, and was essentially a clone of Marth. I think the simple fact that Ike is a unique character, and not a clone, pretty much guarantees he's going to stay around for the next game. Plus, I think his game is incredibly relevant to the overall series as it was the first 3d entry. Like I said, I would be genuinely shocked if Ike is removed. I also would be genuinely shocked if Roy is added back and I don't think he will be, nor do I want him to.

Neither Marth or Ike is being removed but I would not be surprised if they got a third character on the roster, and I think at 12 games the franchise is worthy of another addition. The most likely addition is the person who is most relevant to the series currently, and like Arcadenik said, that would be someone from the newer DS entries, even if they are remakes. I'd be down for Caeda, I just really want a spear user in the game, or rather someone with a weapon that isn't a **** sword. But I think if another Fire Emblem is made before SSB4 comes out (and that is a likely possibility) that new lord or whomever is the most likely newcomer.

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ike will be removed, and there is no way they would get rid of Marth. But PT is for-sure either going to be gone, or with new pokemon. Toon Link is questionable too, considering he is almost a clone of Link, but then again, Link could never compare to the quicker, more agile Toon Link. I'm worried Lucario will be replaced with a 2nd generation Pokemon now that HG and SS are out. So that really sucks. Nintendogs doesn't have a chance, though, it will most likely stay as an assist if there are help orbs in SSB4. But for-sure none of the original 8 will ever be taken out. I think a good addition would be Knuckles or Tails from the Sonic The Hedgehog series. Sonic is a very popular game, so I think another character would be appropriate.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is a fun fact:

FE9 and FE10 (Ike's Fire Emblems) were two of the three poorest selling Fire Emblems in Japan. The only Fire Emblem to sell as poorly as they did was Fire Emblem Thracia 776 which was a sidestory to Seisen no Keifu released for the Super Nintendo in 1999. The girl in my signature is a character from that game btw.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I don't think Ike will be removed, and there is no way they would get rid of Marth. But PT is for-sure either going to be gone, or with new pokemon. Toon Link is questionable too, considering he is almost a clone of Link, but then again, Link could never compare to the quicker, more agile Toon Link. I'm worried Lucario will be replaced with a 2nd generation Pokemon now that HG and SS are out. So that really sucks. Nintendogs doesn't have a chance, though, it will most likely stay as an assist if there are help orbs in SSB4. But for-sure none of the original 8 will ever be taken out. I think a good addition would be Knuckles or Tails from the Sonic The Hedgehog series. Sonic is a very popular game, so I think another character would be appropriate.
Care to explain why he doesn't have a chance? Otherwise, your point isn't backed up as a reason. =P Theres a lot of people I know who would like Nintendog, definately not like ALOT ALOT, but there out there.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Care to explain why he doesn't have a chance? Otherwise, your point isn't backed up as a reason. =P Theres a lot of people I know who would like Nintendog, definately not like ALOT ALOT, but there out there.
Nintendog? In SSB4? And not as an AT? I can't even begin to comprehend that.

Oh, and it wouldn't really feel the same without Ike. I mean, I would miss all the Nair spamming.
:p

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. A Nintendog as a fighter? No. That's just silly. What attacks would it have? Lick? Bite? Drool? I can't even imagine a nintendog as a fighter.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Oh God, here we go again. :rolleyes:

Exactly. A Nintendog as a fighter? No. That's just silly. What attacks would it have? Lick? Bite? Drool? I can't even imagine a nintendog as a fighter.
Lick - Valid, but prehaps can make people trip?
Bite - You think a bite tickles? Getting bitten by a dog hurts so invalid there.
Drool - C'mon dude, use your imagination. >.< Nintendo has loads of ideas, there not going to be close minded and give him stupid moves like Drool.

Remind me to make a movest...

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just seriously think a Nintendog as a fighter is ridiculous. In the Nintendogs game all you do is take care of the dog. Why would they make it fight in SSB4. I just don't see it. But that's my opinion.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just seriously think a Nintendog as a fighter is ridiculous. In the Nintendogs game all you do is take care of the dog. Why would they make it fight in SSB4. I just don't see it. But that's my opinion.
In the F-Zero games, all you do is race. In the Animal Crossing game, all you do is care for your town. In Kid Icarus, you don't actually combat fight, just shoot arrows. I get what your saying, it's true, a dog can't really have combat well without it looking sort of... y'know, weird. But i'm just saying it's possible if you really REALLY think about it, this is why I need to make that movest. =P

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I don't want to sound like a tool, but here I go...

Nintendogs is one of the first games Nintendo made to try to appeal to all genders, all ages or, as some people say, a casual game. SSB is considered to be one of Nintendo's core franchises and haas a fanbase of people who play a lot of games of multiple genres, or a 'hardcore' gamer. Now putting a Nintendog in would be sacriligeous to all these guys and a bad idea to boot.

Besides, how generic would playing as a random dog be?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I know Nintendog has a very small chance, I think it would encourage more girls to play, since girls would love to play with a puppy, though as Sakurai said, a puppy can't really right... but with Nintendo's imagination, you never know. It's more of a combat thing rather than a special movest thing. =P
LMAO... this discussion.

I think the ASPCA would take exception to this, lol.
I'm actually surprised nobody mentioned that you would have a representation of a real dog... fighting......
You see the implications?

It's one thing if its a anthropomorphic, gun toting canid... but what's supposed to be a real, unremarkable, pet dog can only fight like one. Sounds like this might turn violent. Get another dog in the mix and you basically have a dog fighting mini-game... sounds like a terrible idea.

...and even if they sugarcoated it and tried to make it seem cute, people would still ***** :p (pun intended, lol)

-- Nintendog stays an AT... if it stays (ok, that one wasn't intended)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
"The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies." - Mr. S

I wonder how many times I've posted that.

I don't want to sound like a tool, but here I go...

Nintendogs is one of the first games Nintendo made to try to appeal to all genders, all ages or, as some people say, a casual game. SSB is considered to be one of Nintendo's core franchises and haas a fanbase of people who play a lot of games of multiple genres, or a 'hardcore' gamer. Now putting a Nintendog in would be sacriligeous to all these guys and a bad idea to boot.
I hate having to disagree and prepare for a later rebuttal against DekuBoy because he's one of the more pleasant posters here, but no, this is completely wrong.

Smash is most definitely designed so anyone unfamiliar with any particular element can still appreciate it. That's why it sells far better than all of the so-called "hardcore" series it showcases.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Nintendo could change there mind, one element doesn't stay forever, especially if Sakurai doesn't work on it. I don't know why I this is getting so big. I said at the beginning he has small chance and then you guys are like "LOLOLOL HE HAS NO cHANCE"

As I said, his combat is why he has a very small chance, but if someone can provide a good movest *coughmecough* then hopefully it can change some minds.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think the Nintendog could ever happen just because of the unfortunate implications of there being an ordinary dog (as opposed to an anthro one like the SF characters) in a game where characters constantly hit each other. It would raise a gigantic stink.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why not just put in the Duck Hunt dog instead of the Nintendog? At least the Hunting Dog is an anthromorphic cartoon dog that can stand on two legs and there are people who would love to knock that grin out of his face! There's no unfortunate implications with the Duck Hunt dog. Problem solved! :p

Psyco

Smash Journeyman
LMAO... this discussion.

I think the ASPCA would take exception to this, lol.
I'm actually surprised nobody mentioned that you would have a representation of a real dog... fighting......
You see the implications?

It's one thing if its a anthropomorphic, gun toting canid... but what's supposed to be a real, unremarkable, pet dog can only fight like one. Sounds like this might turn violent. Get another dog in the mix and you basically have a dog fighting mini-game... sounds like a terrible idea.

...and even if they sugarcoated it and tried to make it seem cute, people would still ***** :p (pun intended, lol)

-- Nintendog stays an AT... if it stays (ok, that one wasn't intended)
Too many problems with having a Nintendog as a fighter.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Nintendo could change there mind, one element doesn't stay forever, especially if Sakurai doesn't work on it. I don't know why I this is getting so big. I said at the beginning he has small chance and then you guys are like "LOLOLOL HE HAS NO cHANCE"

As I said, his combat is why he has a very small chance, but if someone can provide a good movest *coughmecough* then hopefully it can change some minds.
To be fair, you can have a moveset for anything ever.

But yeah, holding out for Sakurai to change his mind over whether pummeling puppies is perfectly passable or not is like... well, you can make up an analogy for wishful thinking yourself.

The fact that he draws the line as far as Animal Crossing characters should've made it plainly obvious that Nintendogs are way past "no way" and straight into "why would you even want that?"

Why not just put in the Duck Hunt dog instead of the Nintendog? At least the Hunting Dog is an anthromorphic cartoon dog that can stand on two legs and there are people who would love to knock that grin out of his face! There's no unfortunate implications with the Duck Hunt dog. Problem solved! :p
STOP LIKING ****TY THINGS

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Too many problems with having a Nintendog as a fighter.
Go now. :V

This was not even funny >.>

To be fair, you can have a moveset for anything ever.

But yeah, holding out for Sakurai to change his mind over whether pummeling puppies is perfectly passable or not is like... well, you can make up an analogy for wishful thinking yourself.

The fact that he draws the line as far as Animal Crossing characters should've made it plainly obvious that Nintendogs are way past "no way" and straight into "why would you even want that?"
I guess your right... But hey you never know =P

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
"The most important thing was simply whether or not it would make players happy. I mean, there are lots of popular games with characters that just aren’t meant for fighting and were too hard to incorporate into the Smash Bros. title. Heading the list of these characters are the ones from the games we just mentioned, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Because these are games played by lots of people, I knew players would be happy to see them make an appearance. This is why I wanted to find a way to put them in the game and why they became Assist Trophies." - Mr. S

I wonder how many times I've posted that.

I hate having to disagree and prepare for a later rebuttal against DekuBoy because he's one of the more pleasant posters here, but no, this is completely wrong.

Smash is most definitely designed so anyone unfamiliar with any particular element can still appreciate it. That's why it sells far better than all of the so-called "hardcore" series it showcases.
Aww thanks. :)

But, yeah you're right. I'm just trying to say that the Nintendog is undeserving and generic is all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toise, don't be such a Negative Nancy. :( You guys were discussing Nintendogs and most of you said that real puppies shouldn't be in Smash and wouldn't work as a Smash fighter and would be very controversial. I brought up the Duck Hunt dog because he is an anthromorphic cartoon dog who could work as a Smash fighter and wouldn't be that controversial.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm just throwing out somewhat random ideas:

Hey, maybe the new villains of DKC will be featured in the Kongs' SSB4 stage. Some of them "pretend" to be inanimate objects that come to life and attack you when you get near, like the collapsing stone columns. Or, maybe they'll be ATs instead of random stage hazards.

And speaking of which, has anyone ever thought about some of the cut characters returning as a pokeball item or assist trophy? You still wouldn't be able to play as them, but it's not as bad as having your favorite fighter vanish (for the most part) from the sequel's roster.

Also, I posted a while ago about an event match in which you had to fight an Assist Trophy. An example is this: Pick a character to face Little Mac... or Saki (uncertain who would be a good candidate). Usually the trophy is invincible, but Event Matches do have special qualities; so during that match the Trophy will be vulnerable like regular fighters.

And another idea that builds off the previous one is this: what if in SSB4 there was an AT that can be unlocked as a character? The AT with that quality will be the ONLY ONE to become a Smash Brother or Sister, and it will be difficult to tell which one out of the many others can be unlocked. Its a "needle in the hay sack" scenario and shouldn't really be focused on...perhaps the chances are luck based--like when you try to buy a new trophy in Melee.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I just looked at the list of Pokémon for Black and White and I have to say that I only see a few potential playable candidates (one of those being Zoroark). There is a certain new legendary I am REALLY liking, I hope he is good, I get a real Mewtwo/Deoxys vibe from him.

Look for yoursevles if you don't mind obvious spoilers: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So I just looked at the list of Pokémon for Black and White and I have to say that I only see a few potential playable candidates (one of those being Zoroark). There is a certain new legendary I am REALLY liking, I hope he is good, I get a real Mewtwo/Deoxys vibe from him.

Look for yoursevles if you don't mind obvious spoilers: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
You mean this guy?

EDIT: I also think this one would be cool but I doubt he has much significance:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Who are you talking about?

Insekuta? A bug with a cannon on its back seems very interesting.

Heracross interestingly enough was one of the most requested Pokemon back during the pre-Melee days (along with Mewtwo and Meowth).

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Zoroark seems like a reasonable candidate though if he became playable, Lucario may likely be out (though it's possible that he might stay). However, Zoroark does seem more likely to be playable thanks to the movie and his body shape (which is similar to Lucario's ). However I can also see some other pokemon such as Chillarmy or it's evo (the chinchilla pokemon) which could be playable like how pichu became. I guess it depends on which pokemon do in fact become popular.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Who are you talking about?

Insekuta? A bug with a cannon on its back seems very interesting.

Heracross interestingly enough was one of the most requested Pokemon back during the pre-Melee days (along with Mewtwo and Meowth).
Yes, I am referring to Genosect. Apparently he is an ancient bug Team Plasma experimented on and turned into a war machine. So his origin story is similar to that of Mewtwo's, stat wise I hear he is around the same level with aforementioned Mewtwo and Deoxys. Plus he is our first insect legendary and he has a cannon which is always a plus. His battle theme is beyond creepy, seriously, there is CHANTING in it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgFoomoI40

But I want to see how this Pokémon develops before I go jumping the "Genosect for SSB4" bandwagon.

Futachimaru, Zuruzukin, Zoroark, Kirikizan, and Genosect are the Pokémon I can see having shots at becoming playable characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Now that I have seen all the 5th gen Pokemon, I would love to see a new 5th gen Pokemon Trainer with Tsutarja (Smugleaf), Emboar (the pig's final form), and Futachimaru (the otter's second form). That'd be awesome.

As far as movie Pokemon goes, right now Zoroark has the lead but I think he could face serious competiton from potential movie Pokemon like that bug-steel Legendary Pokemon or even that normal-psychic Legendary Pokemon. I think it all depends on the timing. If SSB4 is being developed right now, Zoroark would be playable... but if SSB4 is being developed AFTER a new 5th gen movie that features a bipedal Legendary Pokemon comes out, then that Pokemon would be playable. It would explain why Deoxys and Darkrai aren't playable - one came too early and the other came too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom