• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
K...Day 7, 36 spots remain:
It seems like EVERYONE wants the good Captain to return, so...
Returning:
SSB64:Mario, Samus, Link, Kirby, Yoshi, Fox, Pikachu, DK, Falcon
SSBM:Roy
SSBB:Lucas.

Now...today, i'm going to do somthing...different.
The nominations have gone to Young Link, who is a fine character on his own, BUT...Toon Link is VERY VERY similar, so today, we'll have a character face-off. Since its EXTREMELY unlikely(nigh, impossible) that these two will appear in smash together,(as seperate characters, maybe alt costumes?) we'll vote to see who we like more. So...
Toon Link vs Young Link!!!

Vote for ONE. Nominations will be held as usuall for SMASH VETRENS. Please state your nominations in your comment, please just make my life a little easier by not making me search for them.

ALSO: Expect the poll to be posted around this time from now on. School has just started, and it takes that 6-3 time I had away...so, thanks

ANOTHER ALSO: when Dr. Mario gets teh nominations, we'll have a THREE choice vote, same with Sheik/Zelda & Zamus(when we get there)

Dirnt

Smash Rookie
Newcomers I would like to see:

Lloyd
I would like to see Lloyd from the Tales series to be in SSB4. He would be unique in the fact that he fights with two swords instead of just one like every other sword wielder in Smash. He is a popular character among fans of both the Tales series and RPG's alike.

Krystal
Krystal needs to be in the next Smash with her own moveset. With Krystal being a very popular character among Nintendo fans, Sakurai or whoever will make SSb4 will be ******** not to add her. And for God's sake, should she be in the rumored SSB4, she better not be a clone of the other starfox characters.

Saki
I would like to see Saki return but not as an AT, but a PC. He would be unique with his gunblade thingy being able to attack from near and far.

Sothe
Sothe would be a cool addition to the roster, as being the only one that uses a dagger and not a sword, fists, or firearms. Should he be put in a new Smash game, I'd imagine him being a fast, light-middleweight character.

Megaman
Megaman would be awesome to play as in a Smash game. Being VERY popular, I can imagine him being in a SSB game in the near future.

Rosalina
Rosalina would be a great addition to the cast of characters. I'd imagine her using her cosmic powers and not just be a clone of Peach or Zelda.

Returning Characters:

Roy
He's our boy. While his Fire Emblem character may not be the best (matter of fact, it's claimed to be one of the worst/hardest Lords), he's become apart of Smash history -- without him, and Marth, Fire Emblem would've never seen shores outside Japan, let alone be as popular as it was. Roy's a piece of FE history... And be honest, if all you saw was Marth on the roster to rep FE... top tier or not, I don't think I'd take FE that seriously. Blue hair + red hair > blue hair + blue hair.
Toon Link
Toon Link could really use some work if he has a chance of returning. I would like to see him use items that were exclusive to Wind Waker instead of being a carbon copy of Link.

Mewtwo
THE prime example, and why my fears for cut characters have no limits. He was no clone. He was original. Granted, his moveset in Melee isn't exactly the best, but he's STILL a popular CHARACTER. Maybe not a popular fighter... but definitely a popular character. Nowadays, all I see is GAME FREAK whoring the hell out of Mewtwo, putting him in more games, or featuring him as a prominent face among other Pkmn. Ignorant *******s. I feel I'm being slapped every time I see it. Get him back in the ****ing series already. *******es.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think, whether we like it or not, Toon Link will return unless a new art style for the Child Link comes along. That being said, I'd like to see Young Link return as an alternate costume for Toon Link. Not counting technical changes, all you'd have changed for Young Link is that he no longer has his kicks attacks and he shoots normal arrows.

I wonder in Young Link's voice actress is still active though. I know for a fact that Link's old voice actor is.

Nominate Peach, Bowser, Luigi

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Keep Young Link.
*nominations posted some days ago - Captain Falcon, Mr. G&W, Sonic*

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What are you people doing? These types of things always turn out messed up in the end. =/

But seriously, Toon Link is the one who's coming back unless Skyward Sword features time travel, which it doesn't look like something that will happen. Nintendo seems to have cemented that design as their "younger" Link, what with Spirit Tracks being a different Link who still looked the exact same, and quite frankly we still have that game to represent. It also doesn't make any sense to skip to a design that hasn't been used since the n64, or make up a new design from scratch when a perfectly usable one is still there.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thank you, Pieman. And like I said the other day, I know you guys will just end up keeping everyone from Melee and Brawl in SSB4 anyway.

And seriously, no one commented my post about my Mother stage ideas. :( I would love for Magicant, Threed, and Tazmily Village as new stages for SSB4... but I really liked Threed the best.

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY. I've been waiting for this. I am sick of the millions of SSB4 threads.

My wish list:

Improve online play

Improve Stage Builder

Add more Sonic characters
Looks like everyones down with the idea of adding more sonic characters, but yea, if online play were lagless the amount of people involved with i on a daily basis would improve ridiculously.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@pieman
There is very little room for logic regarding characters, so this roster idea is to see how we feel about characters. Toon link probably will return, but this can be used to express a preferance for young link.

Oh and if it matters, young link will be put into the ocarina of time remake for the 3DS...

@arcade
I dont care for much for mother, this is why I have no comments for your stages, sorry bro.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If you don't care about the Mother series, can I assume that you don't mind Ness and/or Lucas getting the cut? ;)

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't mind more Mother stages, but I don't need them. Just bring back the Fourside, somehow.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank you, Pieman. And like I said the other day, I know you guys will just end up keeping everyone from Melee and Brawl in SSB4 anyway.

And seriously, no one commented my post about my Mother stage ideas. :( I would love for Magicant, Threed, and Tazmily Village as new stages for SSB4... but I really liked Threed the best.
I don't see the need for Onett's removal. It's also one of my favorite casual stages. I wouldn't mind seeing Magicant though, but perhaps something different from what we've seen. I'm not big on Tamily Village as I'd prefer to see Saturn Valley (would also represent Mother 2 AND 3 if you look at it that way).

NeverFiniteX

Smash Apprentice
My hopes are that this post will enlighten the Ridley discussion when it comes to his size and ability to be an exceptional fighter.

Ressurection-

I don't have to be the reminder of how Ridley is of a species (think Godzilla Movie). The idea makes sense in the regard that Samus cannot even complete her mission(s) without killing Ridley off, either that or they do the whole Pokemon fainting thing. But it has come to my attention that many of Ridley's forms happen to be variants.

Variants-

Just reading Pieman's comments about the different Links and TLinks is a reminder of what different plot developments bring Ridley back into the picture. This ranges from Meta, to X-Form, and now his ripling muscle form (that must have some significance to the story). Could it not be so that an armada of his species were designed by the space pirates being built for mobility and agility? Perhaps even an elite form that happens to be compact for his abilities.

Mobility-

Part of the misbalancing of Brawl that I noticed happens to be its slowed physics that didn't necessarily work in the retension of the level . The game really gives the player a false sense of spacing, especially in air combat. The good news is that the slowed speeds allowed users to discover motions that weren't thought of when the pace was faster. Although the sensitivity of the controls leaves something to be desired, it works as a template for how the radius of certain moves may play out for complex character movements as Ridley's.

That last part I kinda felt like I was talking out of my ***, am I anywhere near the truth?

I would hope that ideas as such work more toward (a decent) storylines and not just throwing characters in events just because it seems to work well that way (example: Olimar)

Dammit Kuma why did you force me to the beggining of the next page?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Newcomers I would like to see:
Rosalina
Rosalina would be a great addition to the cast of characters. I'd imagine her using her cosmic powers and not just be a clone of Peach or Zelda.
I'm sorry, Rosalina is far too new to even be considered. I think the only Mario characters who have a huge chance is Toad and Geno. =P

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see the need for Onett's removal. It's also one of my favorite casual stages. I wouldn't mind seeing Magicant though, but perhaps something different from what we've seen. I'm not big on Tamily Village as I'd prefer to see Saturn Valley (would also represent Mother 2 AND 3 if you look at it that way).
Of course you don't see the need for Onett's removal. You like it and want it to come back. But you got to face reality sometime... Melee stages aren't coming back in SSB4. I mean, some SSB stages came back in Melee and they were all removed in Brawl... some Melee stages came back in Brawl, so it is likely that they will all be removed in SSB4 and some Brawl stages will come back in SSB4.

That's one of the reasons why I picked Threed. It looks very similar to Onett, only it has its own elements that make it different from Onett. I think Threed would make a pretty good replacement stage. Why not? Brawl's Port Town Aero Dive already replaced Melee's Mute City.

I didn't pick Saturn Valley because I don't see anything interesting/unique/quirky about the place from what I can tell on the Earthbound maps.

I'm sorry, Rosalina is far too new to even be considered. I think the only Mario characters who have a huge chance is Toad and Geno. =P
Geno? I am sorry but he doesn't have a huge chance. The reason why people think he got a huge chance is because he is overrated on the Internet. The Internet can magnify the minority, you know. He was in only one Mario game over 15 years ago. He is just an ensemble darkhorse. He is not even the star of the game he appeared in. It is called Super Mario RPG, not Super Geno RPG. Geno is not one of those characters (read: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, and anyone else who appears regularly in main games and/or spin-off games) non-gamers and non-fans immediately recognize and associate with the Mario franchise.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
If you don't care about the Mother series, can I assume that you don't mind Ness and/or Lucas getting the cut? ;)
Haha I wouldn`t actually...In my fictional ideal world of a perfect personal smash, lucas would be absent.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Geno? I am sorry but he doesn't have a huge chance. The reason why people think he got a huge chance is because he is overrated on the Internet. The Internet can magnify the minority, you know. He was in only one Mario game over 15 years ago. He is just an ensemble darkhorse. He is not even the star of the game he appeared in. It is called Super Mario RPG, not Super Geno RPG. Geno is not one of those characters (read: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, and anyone else who appears regularly in main games and/or spin-off games) non-gamers and non-fans immediately recognize and associate with the Mario franchise.
I honestly don't care about Geno, but how things look, it seems like Geno would be in. But of course Toad is more deserving since he's in the series more, but y'know. =P

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Of course you don't see the need for Onett's removal. You like it and want it to come back. But you got to face reality sometime... Melee stages aren't coming back in SSB4. I mean, some SSB stages came back in Melee and they were all removed in Brawl... some Melee stages came back in Brawl, so it is likely that they will all be removed in SSB4 and some Brawl stages will come back in SSB4.
Pfft.

ALL SSB64, Melee and Brawl stages should return. If they don't waste all memory in the game for stupid useless crap like Masterpieces, and besides, the next Nintendo console that SSB4 obviously is going to be on should be able to take games with more GB.

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
NikoPunk has a point. I mean, remember the Wii's predecessor? The GAMECUBE? That was quite a jump for one generation. I have the feeling Nintendo isn't going to settle for much less distance on the next console, so having most (if not all) the SSB stages is plausible..

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Day 8, 35 spots left:
Sooooo, I beleive we have our first cut. Toon Link is out, Young Link is in. So, that makes our roster...

SSB64:
Mario
Link
DK
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Samus
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox

SSBM:
Roy
Young Link

SSBB:
Lucus

Cut Characters:
Toon Link

And the character of the day, that dimensionally challenged character we all know:
Mr. Game & Watch

As usual, cast your vote for whether or not to keep him, and Nominate 3 Smash Vetrens, please do not nominate any character already decided, or the character we are voting on.

Kotu

Smash Cadet
If they put master cheif in their I'll be mad and they might put earthworm jim

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
What possible reason would they have to put Master Chief. They'll probably only put in 3rd parties if either someone who knows Sakurai ask for them as a favor(Snake) or have a lot of fan demand(Sonic)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Haha I wouldn`t actually...In my fictional ideal world of a perfect personal smash, lucas would be absent.
That's cool. I would keep both of them because I play with them very often. In my "fictional ideal world of a perfect personal Smash", I would remove Fox, Falco, and Wolf because I don't care about Star Fox... but of course, I wouldn't do that because the furries have money, too. :laugh:

I honestly don't care about Geno, but how things look, it seems like Geno would be in. But of course Toad is more deserving since he's in the series more, but y'know. =P
Yes, I completely understand why you would think that Geno is very likely. If a character is immensely wanted by many people, that character is very likely going to get in. After all, the higher the character's popularity is, the more likely the character would get in, right? That isn't always the case. Sakurai isn't interested in making a roster made of nothing but popular characters. I don't think Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Lucas were that popular at the time of their inclusion. Sakurai wasn't even going to add Sonic in Brawl - I personally believe he got in because of executive meddling.

ALL SSB64, Melee and Brawl stages should return. If they don't waste all memory in the game for stupid useless crap like Masterpieces, and besides, the next Nintendo console that SSB4 obviously is going to be on should be able to take games with more GB.
I would think that adding back all these past stages would seem to be lazy on the developers' part. All they would need to do is copy and paste the coding. When I buy SSB4, I expect many brand-new never-before-in-Smash content, not the same old stuff that I would feel like I wasted my money buying SSB, Melee, and Brawl when I could have saved all my money on SSB4.

To quote ElPanadero, "in my fictional ideal world of a perfect personal Smash", I would not add any of the past stages and add nothing but brand-new never-before-in-Smash stages and I would have 64 of them (32 stages per page with custom stages on the third page).

Day 8, 35 spots left:
Sooooo, I beleive we have our first cut. Toon Link is out, Young Link is in. So, that makes our roster...
LOL

That is not going to happen but hey, it is your "fictional ideal world of a perfect personal Smash." :p

In my "fictional ideal world of a perfect personal Smash", I would keep Young Link out of the game and keep Toon Link in... and if I feel like doing something un-Sakurai-like, I would probably give Toon Link some moves based on The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Since Toon Link is commonly associated with winds, I would give him Deku Leaf, Gust Jar, and Whirlwind.

Deku Leaf to allow him to parachute like Mr. Game & Watch after he uses the Sword Spin special move. Gust Jar replaces Bow and it would work like King Dedede's Inhale. It would suck the character to the jar, once you have the character, you can let go of the button to launch the character. You can also use it to blow away characters by tapping the button (think of it as the wind version of Squirtle's Water Gun). Whirlwind would just appear as one of his taunts where he plays with it like a pinwheel.

Toon Link is also associated with the Four Swords games, so I would have his old Final Smash replaced with a new one. He would just split into four identical Toon Links (of the same color, just like in The Minish Cap). They would be like a four-in-one team version of the Ice Climbers.

I would also give Toon Link the ability to glide like Pit and Meta Knight by giving him the Roc's Cape. Toon Link had it in Four Swords Adventure and The Minish Cap.

Finally, I would replace his Bombs with Bombchus. He can throw Bombchus and they would travel around the stage like the Hothead item does until they collide with a character. Of course, Toon Link can only have one Bombchu out at a time. And he can make them explode earlier by just pulling out another Bombchu.

He can keep his Boomerang. It is my most-used special move when I play as Toon Link. ;) Also, replace his Hookshot with the Whip from Spirit Tracks. And finally, Ezlo from The Minish Cap makes a cameo as one of Toon Link's taunts and one of his victory poses. The Wind Waker baton can stay as one of his taunts and one of his victory poses. Oh, and to troll the Young Link fans, one of his new taunts is drinking a bottle of Lon Lon Milk - cementing him as the Young Link of Smash.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Its not "my world", its what got the higher vote. I'm not being biased on anything, not voting for anything, not premoting any character, nothing. I'm just seeing what people decide they want. Its more "the voters fictional ideal roster(and maybe eventually stages)". Now, dont take it like some serious project that I'll be pettitioning Sakurai for, its just somthing that I hope will spark conversation about lesser-talked about characters(to be honest, its not wven my original idea, @majora introduced me to and gave me the rules for this thing (s)he(dont know if your a guy or girl) found on gamefaqs.) and see what the majority want.
Now, are you going to vote or not? :)

Arikags

Smash Cadet
TOAD?!
If you could think of a creative moveset for him, I'll give you cookies.
Otherwise, he's out of consideration and you don't get a cookie. '-_-
However, Geno's either in for good or out forever. Honestly, it's his last chance before people start forgetting SMRPG.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I may be late on this but anyways, I noticed this about the Melee character select.

Kirby's in the dead center :|

Because of this I checked Brawl's character select.

Same thing. The Kirby series characters are in the dead center :|

64's character select doesn't really have a center do to the certain amount of characters, but Kirbys still near the center anyways.

look at how biased sakurai is

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I can't wait any longer, I need to ask. So, for sure, there is going to be a new SSB game? I kept hereing SSBB was going to be, and is, the last game. But now I hear all this talk of SSB4 and I'm confused...

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I can't wait any longer, I need to ask. So, for sure, there is going to be a new SSB game? I kept hereing SSBB was going to be, and is, the last game. But now I hear all this talk of SSB4 and I'm confused...
Not releasing SSB4 is like killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Sakurai has said that he went about creating Brawl AS IF it was the last in the series. He did this with Melee too. He wanted to include as much in the game as possible, and then worry about what to include in the next game at a later time. I don't recall him ever saying he would never create a Smash Bros. again.

Anyways, even if he refuses to make the next one, I think Nintendo is going to continue the series themselves. Would actually be kind of interesting, heh.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I had always thought that Sakurai had said that Brawl could possibly be his last Smash Bros but that does not mean it will necessarily be the last smash bros. Personally I would like to see him step down and someone a little more competitive minded step up to the reigns. Main reason being as much as Sakurai had said that Brawl is a game meant for everyone let's face facts it's not, John and Jane Doe are not picking this game up and enjoying it without taking the time to get over the learning curve. While the curve is not as steep in some senses as it is in other fighting games it still has a decent learning curve to just get into the game. And lets face it in some areas it's got an even steeper learning curve than most fighting games.

Smash Bro's has never been a anyone can pick up and play fighting game I know that all the casual game players that have been drawn to the Wii are not picking up brawl and playing it they still view it as a game that is to complicated. Now that isn't the case for all of them but, I would say it is the case for most I say put someone who understands that in charge of the next one.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I'm happy yet sad that there will be a SSB4. Happy becuase, well, it's new! And it probably will have more stuff to do. But I'm sad because of change too. What if my favorite characters are removed? And does anyone know what game system SSB4 will be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom