• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What do you mean "problem spots?"
Things you may want to fix, for realism's sake.

And just a note to everyone, I have the strangest feeling that the Gamefaqs smash community is nearly 70% braindead. :ohwell:

I've given up on talking to them on the Pichu-Mewtwo-Lucario-Zoroark thing. They even still think Sheik has a gender. >_< I swear, those people.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Welcome to the darker side of the internet Kuma....

3DS release date next month. Wonder if Nintendo will amaze anyone and release it for Christmas.
Not just the (obsessive) sonic fanbase, but Gamefaq's conversational and logical skills as well as /b/ are also on the dark side of the internet. For sure.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
my vote goes to Geno + mallow from super Mario rpg legend of the seven stars,, megaman , possibly bomberman,

i would of voted for banjo-kazooie as well but the chances of him appearing in smash since Nintendo hasn't been with rare for more than 8 years and were sold to Microsoft and still with Microsoft ...

majora_787

Smash Hero
my vote goes to Geno + mallow from super Mario rpg legend of the seven stars,, megaman , possibly bomberman,

i would of voted for banjo-kazooie as well but the chances of him appearing in smash since Nintendo hasn't been with rare for more than 8 years and were sold to Microsoft and still with Microsoft ...
And everyone knows, you can't borrow stuff that belongs to microsoft. You can't take stuff they've already stolen!

:laugh:

But yeah. I think Megaman could squirm in, but I draw the line at three 3rd parties. >_< I mean seriously. I could come up with 10 characters that could get put in that haven't yet, and with 10 newcomers, that more or less meets a character quota of sorts that seems to exist right now.

Palutena? Medusa? K Rool? Ridley? The forbidden seven who were gonna be in brawl anyway, but could always get their shots NOW?

Hell, that's ELEVEN. A 3rd party would make 12. For a total of 46 spots on the roster, 51 characters.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
And everyone knows, you can't borrow stuff that belongs to microsoft. You can't take stuff they've already stolen!

:laugh:

But yeah. I think Megaman could squirm in, but I draw the line at three 3rd parties. >_< I mean seriously. I could come up with 10 characters that could get put in that haven't yet, and with 10 newcomers, that more or less meets a character quota of sorts that seems to exist right now.

Palutena? Medusa? K Rool? Ridley? The forbidden seven who were gonna be in brawl anyway, but could always get their shots NOW?

Hell, that's ELEVEN. A 3rd party would make 12. For a total of 46 spots on the roster, 51 characters.
Did Senjen just vote too early?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Welcome to the darker side of the internet Kuma....

3DS release date next month. Wonder if Nintendo will amaze anyone and release it for Christmas.
You don't think I'm not familiar with that part of the Internet? Just how old do you think I am?

Are you familiar with the monstrosity that is Sonichu?

*Z*

Smash Rookie
Third-Party, as long as they've been on a Nintendo Console. I think I'd go for ONE more Sonic, or Metal Gear character, and I mean only ONE. Mega-Man, or Bomberman gets my vote.

brawler1031

Smash Rookie
Am I the only person who thinks any AC people should be in this? (I know what some of you are
thinking: WTF! What a bad idea!!!) Well in my opinion, you should be able to use custom people.
That's were these guys come in! Who wouldn't want themselves in this game?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Third-Party, as long as they've been on a Nintendo Console. I think I'd go for ONE more Sonic, or Metal Gear character, and I mean only ONE. Mega-Man, or Bomberman gets my vote.
For some weird reason, I always think of Bomberman as a replacement for Snake. Many of Bomberman's attacks (specifically specials) Bomberman would mimic to those of Snake's moves.
[collapse=Custom moveset]≈ B: Charging Bomb Throw - A standard bomb throw, with changing angling and trajectory. Holding down the B button would cause a greater distance of tossing. (Bomberman can move while charging, but stays idle briefly during release)

≈ Up B: Bomber Copter - Similarly to the Sypher, it is a helicopter-based recovery with great vertical recovery.

≈ Side B: Bomber Jet - Similarly to Meta Knight's Drill Rush, this attack is more horizontally recovery-based. Movement is more fixated to go in one specific direction, but still gives the user flexibility to tilt Bomberman up, down, right, or left (when facing the right side, tilting right gives this move a boost of speed, where as tilting in the opposite direction would slow his speed. This applies vise-versa when using this move tilting left.)

≈ Down B: Earth Bomb - A remote controlled green bomb placed similarly to Snakes C4. Hit Down B a second time to detonate it. (Yeah, this is so creative)[/collapse]Whenever Bomberman comes up in SSB4 Discussion, I always think of this...

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Travis Is my number 1 pick for a third party character. I'm fine with 5 third party characters, I mean the voting thing in no way represents my oppinions for SSB4, its basically what you all want(my hope is for 50 chars, with no Random-button).

Also, since it seems like its pretty much decided, Im going to call Day 2 and say that we want option two for SSB4.
People can still vote, I'll close this tomorrow morning, but i think that I can see what the verdict is.

Just a recap, We've decided(i'm re-wording my saying, since Im seeing a bit of confusing) that we want 47 Characters in game, plus a random box. We're voting for character eligibility, so you can either vote for:
*Only Nintendo Characters
*Third parties allowed if they've been on a Nintendo console
*Any character originating from a game allowed
*Any character thats been in a game, but not neccisarily from a game(examples:Spiderman, Ninja Turtles, Spongebob)
*Anyone from anything allowed, doesnt have to have appeared in a game.

Voting ends in about 12 hours.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
We're voting for character eligibility, so you can either vote for:
*Only Nintendo Characters
*Third parties allowed if they've been on a Nintendo console
*Any character originating from a game allowed
*Any character thats been in a game, but not neccisarily from a game(examples:Spiderman, Ninja Turtles, Spongebob)
*Anyone from anything allowed, doesnt have to have appeared in a game.
Do I get 1 vote for each section or 1 vote all together? New to the voting, so....

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Do I get 1 vote for each section or 1 vote all together? New to the voting, so....
Basically you get to vote for each section of the roster. You get one vote each day, as each part lasts only one day.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't want the Forbidden Seven except for Mewtwo and Dixie Kong. Most of them probably weren't planned to be in Brawl from the beginning of the development anyway. I think they were mostly planned as last-minute additions to make the roster bigger. I want fewer clones in SSB4, please.

I mean, think about it... do you guys really want FOUR Light Arrow Final Smashes that badly if we added Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik? That has to be worse than having three Landmaster Final Smashes in Brawl. You guys should know better than that... you know how Sakurai operates!

About the bloody affirmative action, I'm also sick of people asking for more females and villains just because they are females or villains. The reason why we don't have many females and villains in Smash is because most Nintendo franchises don't have many important recurring female main characters and recurring main villains. This is not the freaking Congress.

12 Nintendo newcomers? I can think of some whom I think are very possible without resorting to affirmative action, clones or third-party characters.

1. Toad
2. Dixie Kong
3. Tingle
4. Palutena
5. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
6. Little Mac
7. Starfy
8. Isa (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor)
9. Mewtwo
10. Zoroark
11. Matthew (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)
12. a new Fire Emblem lord from a future Fire Emblem game

Ignoring the limits I imposed on myself, I also want the following newcomers if we get more than 12 newcomers:

13. King K. Rool
14. Medusa
15. Hunting Dog (Duck Hunt)
16. Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
17. Meowth
18. Mii
19. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
20. Mega Man

I think 20 is a pretty reasonable amount of newcomers for SSB4 even if we remove/replace 3-5 characters from Brawl. We lost 4 or 5 characters from Melee and added 17 or 18 newcomers in Brawl. I think that's pretty fair... add more new characters as you remove few old characters.

@ Kuma

Most of the Sonic fanbase are ******** zoophiles because they want to have sex with these imaginary anthropomorphic animals. They need to start having sex with their own species (read: real live humans).

@ Majora

You are correct. Most of people on GameFAQs are brain-dead. They want more characters whom they have no idea who they are. Knuckle Joe, Gray Fox, Geno, Lyn, Lip, Daisy, Waluigi, Balloon Fighter, and Sukapon come to mind. Why are Knuckle Joe and Gray Fox wanted so badly? Because they were Assist Trophies in Brawl even though there are other more-important characters in Kirby and Metal Gear games.

Why is Geno wanted so badly? Because he was the strongest party member in Super Mario RPG even though he won't accurately represent the Mario series as a whole since he appeared in only one game almost 15 years ago (that's like a whole generation ago!) Not to mention that just because a character was overpowered in their game doesn't mean they would be overpowered in Smash. Peach and Jigglypuff were underpowered in Mario and Pokemon games and yet they are high tier in Melee. Kirby and Mewtwo were overpowered in Kirby and Pokemon games and yet they are bottom tier in Melee.

Why are Lyn, Lip, and Daisy wanted so badly? Becuase they got breasts and v*****s, nothing more. Lyn is just a generic anime girl with a sword who happened to be the tutorial lord, not the main lord of the game she appeared in and she isn't even the most recent lord anymore. Lip is just a generic magic girl with a flower stick and she even got kicked out of her own Puzzle League series. And Daisy would just end up as a Peach clone and is not important to the Mario series as a whole.

Why is Waluigi wanted so badly? Because we apparently need more villains and because Wario apparently needs to have Waluigi and some people try to add him as a Wario character instead of a Mario character even though he has never appeared in a Wario game (at least Tingle got his own series).

Why are Balloon Fighter and Sukapon wanted so badly? Because Balloon Fighter had the word "fighter" in his name and that must make him a good fighter even though Sakurai bluntly said he would be useless without the balloons and because they still believe in the whole "Balloon Fighter was in Melee beta" rumor. And because Sukapon's game was a fighting game so we have to have a character from a Nintendo fighting game even though Sakurai already said not to expect him in Smash ever.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
You don't think I'm not familiar with that part of the Internet? Just how old do you think I am?

Are you familiar with the monstrosity that is Sonichu?
Of course. Cris-Chan haunts my dreams. And I meant no disrespect to your interwebz skills.

edit: Arcadenik are you accusing Lip supporters of being pedophiles?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Or Arcadenik some people may actually- *gasp*-like them!? I know this may be hard for you, sometimes when people stop being furry loving pedophiles they actually enjoy characters individually. Based upon whatever criteria a person chooses.

I know this information may be mind blowing, but don't worry, you'll catch on in time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Of course. Cris-Chan haunts my dreams. And I meant no disrespect to your interwebz skills.

edit: Arcadenik are you accusing Lip supporters of being pedophiles?
Who said anything about pedophiles? I don't know how you got that from my post. If you think I'm accusing Lip supporters of being pedophiles, that's your problem.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Day three:
Okay, we have our roster size, and a unanimous vote to allow third party characters who have appeared on a Nintendo Console.
Now its time to start the fun:the roster itself.

We'll start with the original 8 starters as a block. You may vote for all to appear, or vote for the ones you dont want to appear.
These characters are:
Mario
DK
Samus
Kirby
Link
Pikachu
Fox
Yoshi

Now, heres a new feature, once you vote, you may nominate 3 smash vetrens, from any game. The character with the most votes will be the topic of tomorrows vote.
Now, if a character is divided, we'll have a tie-breaker vote, along with tomorrows character vote.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starphoenix, you too? You two need to read more carefully. I used the word "zoophiles", not "pedophiles". Zoophiles, you know, people who have sex with animals, not children. Yeah.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starphoenix, you too? You two need to read more carefully. I used the word "zoophiles", not "pedophiles". Zoophiles, you know, people who have sex with animals, not children. Yeah.
Actually I was just using two common extremes to make a sarcastic point.

I'm with Kuma, keep everyone.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
All of the original 8 + Bowser, Mr. Game & Watch and Sonic.

am i doing it right?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Herpa derpa doo, I'm back for a quick little observation.

Upon looking at that new live action Other M commercial with Ridley, it seems like he shrunk, got roided up/got a more human body, and almost completely lost his tail. I must wonder if the new design choice was to help facilitate him getting into a future Smash game.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Who said anything about pedophiles? I don't know how you got that from my post. If you think I'm accusing Lip supporters of being pedophiles, that's your problem.
You were saying that people want Lip in because of her breasts and reproduction organs. Obviously I'm not the one with a problem.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Pieman
I found roid Ridley surprising as well. Depending on what his design is overall in Other M, the live action Ridley might've been done so it could be pulled off. Other than that, that was the best videogame commercial I've ever seen. Yes, it even beats the original SSB one.

@Dekuboy
Guys have reproduction organs too, ya know.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Herpa derpa doo, I'm back for a quick little observation.

Upon looking at that new live action Other M commercial with Ridley, it seems like he shrunk, got roided up/got a more human body, and almost completely lost his tail. I must wonder if the new design choice was to help facilitate him getting into a future Smash game.
Yes, I noticed that. If Ridley has finally shrunk back to his original NES size where he was just two times bigger than Samus in Other M, then I might be finally convinced to support Ridley again. Maybe... :p

You were saying that people want Lip in because of her breasts and reproduction organs. Obviously I'm not the one with a problem.
It is very shallow to support a character because of their gender (and morality). It is like adding Mia over Isaac because she is female even though Isaac is the main protagonist of Golden Sun. Affirmative action is not good. I am all for adding more females and villains, but not because they are females and villains. I support females and villains if they are the main characters who are recurring and have a big part of the franchise's canon and are very marketable.

@Pieman
I found roid Ridley surprising as well. Depending on what his design is overall in Other M, the live action Ridley might've been done so it could be pulled off. Other than that, that was the best videogame commercial I've ever seen. Yes, it even beats the original SSB one.

@Dekuboy
I agree that this was one of the best video game commercials. I also think that Ridley could probably work in Smash if he was really redesigned and resized in Other M like the commercial implies. Until then, I am not supporting him just yet. ;)

Also, thank you for reminding us that men have reproduction organs, too. LOL :laugh:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Affirmative action is not good. I am all for adding more females and villains, but not because they are females and villains.
4. Palutena
14. Medusa
a-hyuk

side note: those two characters aren't especially "marketable" compared to anyone else and the importance of a two-game series that only recently came off of a two decade hiatus is just as questionable as, say, Mario spinoffs

@Pie/Kuma/Arc: NoA live action commercial =/= in-game model

did you guys forget the E3 09 trailer?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nice, Toise... but have you ever seen me support Palutena and Medusa just because they are females or villains? I didn't think so. I support them because they are the only recurring important characters besides Pit in the Kid Icarus series and because Kid Icarus: Uprising is coming soon and they will soon become popular.

Also, Pit didn't have a game for almost 20 years and he still got into Brawl. Fans wanted Pit in Smash for a long time and they wanted a new Kid Icarus game for a long time... that's why Pit was marketable even though he haven't had a game for almost 20 years. And I think Palutena and Medusa will become marketable once Kid Icarus: Uprising comes out. ;)

And I am not supporting Ridley just yet... I want to see if Ridley is still too big during the present and not small only in the flashbacks... and I want to see if Ridley really have any role in this game besides his appearance in the flashbacks... and I want to see if Ridley is still alive or is dead and frozen inside a block of ice (and will be infected by the X parasite in Metroid Fusion).

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Nice, Toise... but have you ever seen me support Palutena and Medusa just because they are females or villains? I didn't think so. I support them because they are the only recurring important characters besides Pit in the Kid Icarus series and because Kid Icarus: Uprising is coming soon and they will soon become popular.
To be fair, the last time everyone else discussed those two they admitted to liking them solely because of female/villain status. I can't assume that you're completely impartial considering you still support them for presumptuous or equally shallow reasons.

Pretty sure I explained this to you before so I might just go look for my old posts after I make dinner. While I'm gone, consider this: did you think Doc Louis/any PO character would be good candidates before last May on the grounds that "they will soon be popular" just like Palutena/Medusa?

And I think Palutena and Medusa will become marketable once Kid Icarus: Uprising comes out. ;)
What makes this noteworthy? What makes them especially marketable compared to any other given character?

And I am not supporting Ridley just yet... I want to see if Ridley is still too big during the present and not small only in the flashbacks... and I want to see if Ridley really have any role in this game besides his appearance in the flashbacks... and I want to see if Ridley is still alive or is dead and frozen inside a block of ice (and will be infected by the X parasite in Metroid Fusion).
I like how you'll wait for Ridley but you've already made up your mind on Palutena and Medusa.

Smash0holic

Smash Apprentice
Things you may want to fix, for realism's sake.

And just a note to everyone, I have the strangest feeling that the Gamefaqs smash community is nearly 70% braindead. :ohwell:

I've given up on talking to them on the Pichu-Mewtwo-Lucario-Zoroark thing. They even still think Sheik has a gender. >_< I swear, those people.

Well,whatever,I'll accept your opinion.Besides,the Roster Image is out of Date now.Here's what I mean.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
@Pieman

@Dekuboy
Thank you Kuma, for your contribution. Also: you missed the point entirely.

Is it wrong that I like roid Ridley more than skinny Ridley?

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Admitedly, NES mario & luigi woul be cool as hell. Also, dont forget to vote on the roster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom