• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
It seems like SSB4 would have two versions of Link, just like Melee nad Brawl did. The way I see it, the Skyward Sword design is a virtual lock for the adult one. But what about the kid Link? Do you go with Toon Link (who was most recently in Spirit Tracks, but doesn't have any new games slated to come out yet) or Young Link (like in Melee - the 3DS is getting that OoT remake)?
Or you could just go with the Link design from Zelda/ALttP/etc, which you could always get away with for the same reason Marth is always in Smash Bros. - he was in the first game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Toise

Prime's design wasn't the only one available. We also had Metroid Zero Mission's style, which might as well be as the main series' design, available and was used for the most part saved for Samus having an usual err... bulge and that they STILL haven't changed her charge shot as it looks in the games. I was surprised to see that it wasn't like that when I played Metroid Fusion for the first time. Assuming they use the Other M style, I think we'll mostly Samus' suit looking a bit more streamlined, with it noticeably being such on her arm cannon.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Yeah yeah I know Zero Mission, but it's the exact same in Super. Probably just took the Melee model and spruced it up.

Looking at the two now though, it is kinda minor. Prime does seem nicer though, like it's more metallic than plastic and there's some little touches like the silver cannon and the lefty grapple that are pretty nice. Oh well, the new one is good too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's more of a design evolution, but whatever. For Brawl, Prime's look would've fit better IMO, but I still prefer the more anime styled direction they're going with Other M.

That reminds me though, I was surprised to see that they didn't give Samus that lefty grapple. To be fair, shooting it out of the arm cannon does exist in Super Metroid.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Chu: Congratulations, you've misread something rather straightforward again. Probably didn't help that Shortie did too.

I use the term "honorary Nintendo character" to mean that said character/series is associated with Nintendo products considerably more than, say, Sony. It has nothing to do with popularity, importance, whatever. Some people have a tendency to confuse these kind of games for Nintendo owned properties.

Turns out a lot of fans who accept 3rd party characters specifically want them to have a strong history with Nintendo. Some of them make exceptions for Snake or their own personal favorites, some don't. That's about it.

If you really want me to make a grand list of these characters/series, I'd be happy to, there's a ton of them. Panera Bread already made a solid list of the ones people see as candidates for Smash though.
@bold:Wilt thou whip thy faults into other men? If I read it wrong, then what were you talking about?

Again, I fail to see how the little medal of "Honorary Nintendo character," matter. That's wonderful. You gave them an award. And?

The thing I have noticed is that fans will always make something up to try and justify their character in any which way possible, but none of it matters. Sakurai will pick a character no one expects and make it work really well. Does Snake really work in a game like Smash. I don't think so, but you can not deny the charm that Sakurai has given him among others.

Looking around the tubes, I have seen every suggestion you can think of. I've heard a lot of people say Rayman. Is Rayman really Nintendo. He was born on the Playstation. The Rabbids have more to do with Nintendo than Rayman does. I heard Bomberman a lot too. Heck, a lot of people want Sora, a character who started on a Playstation game (and I remember he was very popular after the "poll" came out). Simon is a character I really hear about. i also don't think Nintendo fans associate that much with Castlevania despite it being on a Nintendo console. Most people want characters they like. Only a set few try to justify characters.

What will likely happen is this. You throw out all these awards at characters but, in the end, none of them end up being in Smash for what ever reason. This happens all the time and I think it will happen again. It's a fun little conversation yes, but nothing will come from it. Otherwise, I see it nothing more as trying to justify characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The thing with third party characters that needs to be understood is Nintendo is not actively seeking to add them. If anything Sakurai has been hesitant in doing so. Solid Snake appeared due to Sakurai and Kojimas' friendship and Sonic the Hedgehog was added due to immense demand. Megaman is the only third party character who realistically has a chance of appearing. Keiji Inafune has essentially given Nintendo a green light if they ever wanted to utilize him so then the responsibility lies with the fans to make it be known. Which in time I think they will.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Fatman: Well there's a pretty big difference between extra detail on a static design versus new outfits, faces, hair, voices, etc. Ganondorf in particular has some very striking differences in each version.

Anyway, I'd be pretty surprised to see them picking OoT designs over the newer SS ones, remake or no. I think Metroid is the only series where he ignored a more modern design in favor of an older one (and might've just been Prime bias or whatever).

@Chu: Congratulations, you've misread something rather straightforward again. Probably didn't help that Shortie did too.

I use the term "honorary Nintendo character" to mean that said character/series is associated with Nintendo products considerably more than, say, Sony. It has nothing to do with popularity, importance, whatever. Some people have a tendency to confuse these kind of games for Nintendo owned properties.

Turns out a lot of fans who accept 3rd party characters specifically want them to have a strong history with Nintendo. Some of them make exceptions for Snake or their own personal favorites, some don't. That's about it.

If you really want me to make a grand list of these characters/series, I'd be happy to, there's a ton of them. Panera Bread already made a solid list of the ones people see as candidates for Smash though.
I realized i mis read what you wrote about a day ago, just didnt care enough to re-write. Anyways, please make this list. I wanna know where you think "nostolgic" and "retro" 3rd party characters stand, like Bub and Bob from the bubble bobble series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
double post. Stupid "Bad Gateway"

Messin me up

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing with third party characters that needs to be understood is Nintendo is not actively seeking to add them. If anything Sakurai has been hesitant in doing so. Solid Snake appeared due to Sakurai and Kojimas' friendship and Sonic the Hedgehog was added due to immense demand. Megaman is the only third party character who realistically has a chance of appearing. Keiji Inafune has essentially given Nintendo a green light if they ever wanted to utilize him so then the responsibility lies with the fans to make it be known. Which in time I think they will.
I need to find the interview where it said that no other characters were added because he wasn't approached. Apparently, both sides were expecting the other to talk to them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually that comes from a 2008 interview between IGN and Masahiro Sakurai,

http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p2.html

IGN: You debuted two crossover characters -- Sonic and Solid Snake -- in Brawl. Awesome additions! But we have to be honest, with all the music from different famed composers in the game, we were expecting even more character crossovers from the likes of Square and perhaps even Capcom. Any reason Brawl doesn't feature even more? (And we know -- Nintendo fans are never happy!)

Masahiro Sakurai: Adding characters from other series and from other worlds, really, outside the Nintendo universe, is an incredibly difficult process. In some ways it's more difficult from just building a game from the ground up because you're really trying to make everything match and in some ways that creates limitations. I hope that people can understand that's the reason we can't include more characters from outside the Nintendo universe. And, of course, I believe that when you increase the number of worlds, you're also increasing the number of people who could potentially enjoy that videogame and the series that you're putting in there. But there are also problems because having these non-traditional characters in there -- even with just Snake and Sonic -- has resulted in a number of people who do dissent in seeing these characters put into the Smash series. It's not a simple matter of adding as many worlds and characters from other games as possible -- you can't be careless in doing that sort of thing, you have to be careful. Internally and externally, there have been people who have raised objections to it.

IGN: Have you received interest from other third parties who would very much like to have their characters included in Smash Bros. Brawl?

Masahiro Sakurai: Nope. No other ones.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What I would like to know is who acted first in getting Sonic into Brawl? Was it Nintendo or Sega?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I realized i mis read what you wrote about a day ago, just didnt care enough to re-write. Anyways, please make this list. I wanna know where you think "nostolgic" and "retro" 3rd party characters stand, like Bub and Bob from the bubble bobble series.
These are mostly off the top of my head:

- Adventure Island
- Bomberman
- Bubble Bobble
- Castlevania
- Contra
- Dragon Quest
- Final Fantasy (pre-FFVII main series, mostly spinoffs/remakes now)
- Gradius
- Harvest Moon (and its spinoff Rune Factory)
- Mana series
- Mega Man
- Professor Layton
- SaGa series
- Sonic (post-Dreamcast)
- Super Monkey Ball
- Super Robot Wars
- Tales series
- Tetris
- Trauma Center

I'm sure there are more, but I deliberately excluded less prolific series like Chrono Trigger or No More Heroes. Sue me.

Kinda hoping people ask about some of these series.

Do you remember anything about the conversation we've been having over the last week?

Anything at all? Honest question.

People have an easier time accepting 3rd party characters if they've got a strong connection to Nintendo. This is more apparent with people who AREN'T already fans of said series but at the very least recognize it (IE the people likely to criticize 3rd party characters in the first place).

It means "honorary Nintendo characters" are less likely to incur backlash than others.

And THAT means people not getting sick of guest characters entirely, just like other series with guests in them such as, oh I don't know... Soul Calibur, maybe.

Any of this sound familiar?

Now I don't know where in this conversation you switched tracks to talk about probability instead of reception, but you should probably go back and look for it instead of jumping at the opportunity to play internet smartass. Arcadenik's been gone this whole Summer so far and I'm itching to relocate his medal for Worst Poster. Don't be that guy.

edit: apparently I'm the first poster for the last three pages, cool

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Toise, I know your thoughts on Castlevania, but gimme thoughts on some of MY favorite series:
-Bomberman
-Bubblebobble

Do you think the Whole Hudson<Konami and konami has Snake REALLY plays any important role in bombers inclusion? I really think its a stupid excuse myself. But this is coming from a fanboy.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Oh, you want chances for inclusion.

You're probably not gonna like this, but Bubble Bobble is owned by Taito...
...which is owned by Square-Enix. Yeah, same deal as Bomberman mostly.

Now I've always believed that Sakurai wouldn't exclude a character specifically because they're from the same company as someone else, mostly on the grounds that he'd probably deem it unfair to the fans of the "second" series. So in the strictest sense, yes, I do think it's possible that either one of these could appear. That's just me of course.

Also I assume it's possible that the Bomberman/Bubble Bobble teams could make a move ala Kojima while everyone else and their parent companies sit back and say "yeah go nuts" rather than push something higher profile. Kinda doubt that one given most other companies' behavior (including Konami and SE) and the lack of anything out of either team, but I guess it's still technically possible.

So basically... not good for either of them. Not impossible but really not good.

BBQTV

Smash Master
since it's ask toise what are you thoughts hour i'll join in. what are your thoughts on travis from no more heros?

you already know the whole thing with suda51 and i think he's friends with sakurai, sound familiar?

and what does everybody think about megaman's moveset?

i hope they dont make him a clone of samus

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
^B: Beat (Beat will pick Megaman up and carry him in the air for a set duration. I imagine the mechanics being a mix between Snake and Pits' up special.

B: Megabuster (unlike Samus he will be able to fire his buster rapidly. The smaller pellets, however, will not cause any hit stun but instead will act like Fox's laser. Holding B will charge the buster, like Samus it will render you immobile and open to attack.)

>B: Rush Power (Megaman will flash and turn red, delivering a devastating punch forward. It will be slow but powerful.)

vB: Change Ability (using this will change Megaman's neutral B between random, pre-installed Robot Master abilities. While currently possessing an ability press the down special to revert back to the normal buster and forego the power up if you so choose. Think MvC.)

Final Smash: Rush Suit (Rush will warp onto the stage and fuse with Megaman. He will be able to fly in the air indefinitely until time is up and attack by shooting his fist forward, which home in on targets. the pros, he will be invincible and have an attack that follows opponents, the drawback is that because of this hitting multiple targets is difficult to impossible. Not to mention his attacks will be dodgeable if done quickly and effectively.)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@phoenix... that beat thing... i saw it on a youtube video of super smash flash 2 "ssf2 youtube here" at around the 3 minute mark.

i will level with people who would prefer classic megaman by making a moveset for classic megaman as clearly i have the most experience and/or expertise with all things megaman sans ZX and Starforce since i have no DS. i would play them tho.

there are pros and cons that should generate from a mega man moveset, the very idea of Rockman fighting would be to use things that are the most essential to the specific directional command 12 standard moves, 4 specials, 1 super special, 2 ledge attacks, grab attack(pummel), 4 throws, 1 dash attack, Floor (back, front, trip), and 2 to 4 taunts. there is a slim possibility that there may be more commands for a standard moveset in a future installment based on the system that it comes on or just something that they just wanted to add like the footstool jump. this could include a diagonal attack or multiple super moves or character creation style adjustable moves for all characters of which more moves get downloaded to the system automatically when they create them in their place of work. (aerial grabs?)

The fact that Rockman has the Variable Weapons system make the possibilities almost endless but there are routes that must be chosen... that route has no turning back; he can go the way of the kirby by utilizing the combatants power or he can go the way of the game by utilizing moves from his endeavors in his past experiences...

i would like to know which one you guys prefer... neutral aerial attack can easily be the top spin by the way. i am going to enter hiatus so i can research more of Rockman's potential moveset but that doesn't mean i won't be lurking, lol... i may want to make a sketch animation of the moveset for both Rock and X that will keep me busy through my speech and psychology classes. look forward to them. (i would even sketch final destination and the whole warping thing... this'll be fun!!!

oh and sorry i am not making a moveset right now but like the development team, it should be time consuming to make a moveset, not something you pull out of a hat. (another metaphor, yay!)

i abhor the use of beat and/or rush coil for up b. sorry.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, Toise, here's the Worst Poster medal. :p

So, honorary Nintendo characters? I would say the following could be considered as such:

- Bomberman
- Mega Man
- Pac-Man
- Simon Belmont
- Sonic the Hedgehog

Also, I think that Smash should cut back on third-party characters... it doesn't matter if the casual gamer doesn't know which company owns the rights to their favorite character, whether it is Nintendo's or not... because if you add many third-party characters in Smash, the game might start misrepresenting these third-party characters and Nintendo's own company. I mean, isn't the main point of Smash about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters (whether you know they are owned by Nintendo or not)?

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
More double charecters to give some variety from the IC's, maybe a Diddy/Dixie and a Plusle/Minun. Also, no more auto-sweetspot, and possibly no auto-tether sweetspot.

and then the standard: More char's, no RANDOM tripping (Nanners still ok, but if there's the previously mentioned Diddy/Dixie duo with them, we may have problems), More stages, and above all else, bring back Mewtwo.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I disagree onh the third parties. If they seem Nintendo (bomberman, megaman, etc.) and have had games on the systems like those two, why are they treatted so differently? It shouldn't matter who owns them. One of my favorite party games ont eh N64 was Bomberman and the SNES was Megaman X, but I can't play as them in smash because a different company owns them? No, Snake should be out because very few have fond nintendo related memories of playing as Snake.

P.S. Got a Mario Bros. TV show DVD today: Animated Mariofor SSB4

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@ElPanandero, I agree with you on the whole "Only one character per company" arguement, but one character per franchise is still something i stick by. No tails, no Shadow, sorry!

@Toise, Do you think Castlevania has a better chance then Bomberman? Do you think he "fits" in smash? If he was to get in i hope it would be the newer red head, not the old barbaric looking guy. Majority of gamers (casual at least) under 18 probably dont know who Simon Belmont is. Also, which character would you rather see from SE, one of the older and basic final fantasy characters, like black mage, one of the characters with an actual name, Squal, Cloud, ect, or a Kingdom hearts character? Sora mostly.

My "Honerary" Nintendo characters are:

-BomberMan
-Bub and Bob
-Goemon
-Sora
-Harvest Moon
-Banjo Kazooie

Both Banjo and Sora have a little explaining i suppose. Banjo has three games on nintendo platforms, he is not likely at all anymore, but still Banjo 1 and 2 were great. Sora, well KH seems to be leaning more towards nintendo now, i mean we had a KH on the ds, and now one on the 3DS. Not to mention i heard nintendo bought some sort of something of disneys.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Phoenix
You might not know this, but I'm against random outcome moves because you lose complete control of the character. For the down B, I'd prefer to see it where it's a fixed order like the Pokemon Trainer. Also, why would Beat assist Megaman and not someone like Protoman?

That final smash just screams broken to me. It sounds like a hybrid of Super Sonic and Landmaster with auto-lock added on.

@Arc
You're acting as if they've added several third party characters already by saying they need to cut back. Anyway, Sakurai already mentioned that it's enough trouble as it is to get third parties into the game, so we probably won't see no more than two, three tops in terms of newcomers.

@JOLT
I'd keep the auto-tether, but I agree otherwise.

@Shortie
You got a source on that Nintendo-Disney thing? Anyway, Kingdom Hearts is iffy. Its "main" titles have been on Sony systems: 1, 2, and Birth By Sleep. Interquals have been on Nintendo handhelds. God knows what Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on though.

And finally, Mama Luigi for SSB4.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Kuma: What I mean by random is the abilities themselves, not how they are obtained. I just did not feel like listing any so I was lazy said "random, preinstalled ability". Cut me some slack, I'm only using a mobile phone here.

As for the final smash it isn't that broken. First off the projectile wouldn't be all that fast. Secondly because it will be his ARM it won't be as large as the Landmaster's cannon. Lastly it is dodgeable. Plus, just as in mm7 the homing will have a limit and will only move one way horizontally. Meaning it isn't going to chase someone all over the stage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, I see. It didn't make sense to me as to why which power up you got was random so that clears that up.

For the final Smash, I suppose it's not as broken as I though, but the invincibility seems OP to me. Based off of what you have in mind, what do you think of these traits.

• Invincibility is gone.
    As I said, invincibility for an extended period of time is too good. You're better off having the beginning of a move being invincible.
  • Fist cannon is faster and stronger.
    In exchange of the next part.
  • Targeting is gone.
    Since it only moves horizonally and the homing has a limited range, it seems kind of pointless to have this. Not only that, but getting used to aiming with it will let you get more hits in.
  • Indefinite mid-air flight is retained.
    Would be boring otherwise without it.
  • Projectile has transcendent priority.
    The only things that can beat the attack is any attack that reflects projectiles.

Now that I think about it, this reminds me of the last level of Kid Icarus.

Ievan_Polkka

Smash Rookie
Kuma, honestly that sounds like it'd make the FS even more powerful to me. With indefinite midair flight, and an attack that scary, barely anyone would attempt to attack you anyway. You could hide under stages like final destination, just come up high enough to attack, go under and over to the other side, and repeat, or just go down a little and back up and then repeat. In either case, it'd be pretty suicide for any of the others players to risk attacking you, and if you could just fly anyway, KOing you would be pretty hard, too.

P.S.: Do you mean to say all FSs that give invincibility should be changed? To be fair, they'd have to be more powerful that way. After this change, how many of them would you want to attack and not just run from, anyway?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, honestly that sounds like it'd make the FS even more powerful to me. With indefinite midair flight, and an attack that scary, barely anyone would attempt to attack you anyway.
This is where stuff like baiting your opponent comes into play, assuming that there is an interval where the FS cannot fire at you of course.

You could hide under stages like final destination, just come up high enough to attack, go under and over to the other side, and repeat, or just go down a little and back up and then repeat.
To be honest, that's a really small case of stalling. This is nothing compared to planking as this is only temporary. Not only that, but once you figure out that they're going to fly under and shoot you, it's just a matter of defending yourself until the timer on the FS runs out.

P.S.: Do you mean to say all FSs that give invincibility should be changed? To be fair, they'd have to be more powerful that way. After this change, how many of them would you want to attack and not just run from, anyway?
I'd prefer to see the invincibility like that gone. They don't necessarily need to be more powerful. With that in mind, how OP that final Smash is doesn't really change; it just becomes OP in another way.

As for how many you want to attack and not just run from, it depends on what the final smash is. For example, in SSFIV, one of the characters Juri has an Ultra Combo that lets her chain any of her normal attacks easily. Obviously, you make one mistake against a good Juri and you're screwed. Depending on your character, it might be a good idea to just stay away from her.

BBQTV

Smash Master
lol at kuma. most of the final smashs are broken.

here are some things on megaman you can discuss.

are we getting the nes version of megaman and if so will he be like game and watch

are we getting the megaman from megaman legends or maybe from megaman battle network

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Scratch the Disney thing. I couldnt find an article about it so i must have mixed it up with somethin else.

Anyways, its not THAT iffy, the 3DS game, could be kingdom hearts 3. You are both Sora and Riku in it. It makes sense for Disney to move KH to nintendo. I mean SE has/had a good relationship with nintendo, and with this supposedly epic game named Epic mickey, things look lovey dovey between the three companies.

Besides, if you look at it this way it makes some sense, more people own Wii's than PS3's, and since the three companies work well together, the sales for KH would naturally have a better chance of being higher if more people had the platform it played on right?

I dunno, KH moving to nintendo just seems like the right move IMO.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
since it's ask toise what are you thoughts hour i'll join in. what are your thoughts on travis from no more heros?

you already know the whole thing with suda51 and i think he's friends with sakurai, sound familiar?
Suda51 is CEO of Grasshopper Manufacture, it's not owned by any parent companies, and he's really enthusiastic about Travis and the idea of having him in Smash. So that's halfway there already.

I know he and Sakurai have hung out, but I don't know if they're specifically friends, guessing they're not close though (at least not like Kojima). I'm also not sure -- and this is probably his only real downside -- whether his popularity is gonna hold him back or not.

Pretty much based on whether or not Sakurai is okay with having a rather obscure (but modern) character appear or not. I think he'd be a sweet addition, but that's my own opinion. Also Suda51 himself is a really cool dude.

Oh, Toise, here's the Worst Poster medal. :p
*jump catch*

this could come in handy later

@Toise, Do you think Castlevania has a better chance then Bomberman? Do you think he "fits" in smash? If he was to get in i hope it would be the newer red head, not the old barbaric looking guy. Majority of gamers (casual at least) under 18 probably dont know who Simon Belmont is. Also, which character would you rather see from SE, one of the older and basic final fantasy characters, like black mage, one of the characters with an actual name, Squal, Cloud, ect, or a Kingdom hearts character? Sora mostly.
Castlevania is more popular than Bomberman (over double lifetime sales in half as many titles), so yes. Konami also cares a lot more about this series and it's actually news when a new game is announced. The only thing Bomberman seems to have over Simon is that his name gets more exposure. Might be because they're not all called "Simon's Quest" and he's not in every game.

If you're curious about Castlevania's content, it's much more in line with Zelda than something like Resident Evil, so generally more Halloween than grotesque.

As for SE, I would personally prefer one of the SNES FF leads, so Cecil, Bartz, or Terra. Preferably Bartz because he's goofy instead of mopey, and I like Terra more than Cecil, so yeah.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i just cant stay away...
bartz looks like pit kinda sorta... light weight Marth with some magic? (idk why but i want to name my firstborn, marth... it just sounds like a cool boy's name)

i attempted to emulate Megaman ZX on my newly downloaded no$GBA and success! i played as Aile up to the part where Model Z fuses with Model X then i saved the game and pushed X... i wanted to see it again and it just said new game... wut.......AHHHH!!! 3 hours for nuthin' i tried again doing what i saw in this youtube video with Alt+x and no dice... i don't wanna get a ds... i will wait for 3DS since it is backwards compatible. i failed...

HEY BBQ!! why no mention Rockman X? hulk sad...

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Even though I've been following this discussion for a while, I'm too lazy to read all of the previous third-party discussions (sorry, there's a lot!), so I'll just input my own thoughts on third-parties.

First of all, Sakurai himself said that third-parties (or characters from "different worlds") are difficult to implement into the game. Of course who would doubt that, third-parties don't exactly belong to Nintendo so there is a lot more legal stuff involved. Aside from the legal stuff, however, Sakurai has even acknowledged that there are many fans who express resentment in the inclusion of these characters. It's easy to see why.

I mean, isn't the main point of Smash about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters (whether you know they are owned by Nintendo or not)?
I fully agree with Arcadenik here. This series began as a game that put your favorite Nintendo characters in a battle against each other; that was the original direction of the game. Adding two third-party characters as Brawl did is fine by me. These "guests" allow the series to branch out a bit, while remaining true to it's original purpose of being a battle between popular/familiar Nintendo All-Stars.

However, with third-parties included, people will only want more. And soon people will start expecting more and more, until the game is eventually expected to turn out like some crrossover Nintedo vs. Third-Party" game. But, it's just Nintendo + Third-party guests, which I am totally fine with. That's what we have to remember, this is a Nintendo game in the end. Adding more third-parties means less room for popular and familiar Nintendo characters that are well-deserving of a spot on the roster. That's just unfair.

What is to become of our current third-party "guests"? If any of them are cut, it would be Snake. Less Nintendo exposure (yes, I believe the more the third-party series is associated with Nintendo the better chance it gets) and not quite as familar as the famous blue Hedgehog. But still, even though they are "guests", I doubt they'll be cut. That means maybe one more third-party character (two is also a possibility, but also unlikely; I doubt we'd see more then one) could be likely to make the cut for SSB4 (to save room for the actual NINTENDO characters).

I would say, expect to see one third-party Newcomer in SSB4 alongside the two third-part veterans. That newcomer being Megaman.

I really don't think I have to explain why Megaman would be the best choice for a third-party character. I'll just make this brief. Popularity and Developer's request. Each of those reasons are what got Sonic and Snake into the game, and now Megaman shares both of the reasons... need I say more?

There are my thoughts on third-parties. I wonder if anyone actually read this whole thing.....

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Daily, the truth is being impressed upon us that Sakurai maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around him. There's a word for that: libel. He should think about how his equivocations lead cheeky shirkers to perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy. If Sakurai doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps he should just keep quiet. We must provide you with a holistic and thematic history of his deranged jokes. If we do, then perhaps a brighter day will dawn on planet Earth. Perhaps people will open their eyes and see that Sakurai's deeds are becoming increasingly directionless. They have already begun to squeeze every last drop of blood from our overworked, overtaxed bodies. Now fast-forward a few years to a time in which they have enabled Sakurai to suppress all news that portrays him in a bad light. If you don't want such a time to come then help me create greater public understanding of the damage caused by Sakurai's stratagems. Help me hold Sakurai responsible for the hatred he so furtively expresses.

I will not say what is right and what is wrong when it comes to Waluigi's rodomontades. But I will say one thing: It's our responsibility to demand a thoughtful analysis and resolution of our problems with Waluigi. That's the first step in trying to strengthen our roots so we can weather the storms that threaten our foundation, and it's the only way to present another paradigm in opposition to his tyrannical, stupid tracts. It saddens me that I was completely gobsmacked the first time I saw him sending the wrong message to children. Since then, I've seen him do that so many times that I hardly bat an eyelid when someone tells me that Waluigi ought to realize that the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. Unfortunately, he tends to utter so much verbiage about revanchism that I can conclude only that in asserting that everyone with a different set of beliefs from his is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell, Waluigi demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. Now that you've reached the end of this letter, let me leave you with the key take-away message: Waluigi's central role in the promotion of footling, conniving antipluralism dates back a number of years.

Dixie Kong has been making a ham-handed effort to show that the majority of feckless administrators are heroes, if not saints. I'm guessing that most people are starting to realize that such claims are a distortion of the truth and that we desperately need to combat these lies by kicking butt and taking names. In her hatchet jobs, cynicism is witting and unremitting, dangerous and blinkered. She revels in it, rolls in it, and uses it to condemn innocent people to death. To lead a warped jihad against those who oppose Dixie Kong is an injustice. She somehow manages to maintain a straight face when saying that representative government is an outmoded system that should be replaced by a system of overt antiheroism. I, for one, am greatly grieved by this occurrence of falsehood and fantastic storytelling which is the resultant of layers of social dishevelment and disillusionment amongst the fine citizens of a once organized, motivated, and cognitively enlightened civilization.

My dream is for tired eyes to open and see clearly, broken spirits to find new energy, and weary arms to find the strength to remove the misunderstanding that Samurai Goroh has created in the minds of myriad people throughout the world. He doesn't simply want people to believe that we should all bear the brunt of his actions. He wants this belief drummed into people's heads from birth. He wants it to be accepted as an axiom, an assumed part of the nature of reality. Only then will Samurai Goroh truly be able to get away with turning back the clock and repealing all the civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation now on the books. You should never allow a day to go by in which you do not bring this fundamental truth to at least one new person. Interestingly, he doesn't seem to care about that. I don't suppose he realizes which dialectic principle he's violating by maintaining that he is a spokesman for God. Therefore, I shall take it upon myself to explain. Samurai Goroh maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around him. There's a word for that: libel. That's the end of this letter. If I was unable to convince you that Samurai Goroh is living testimony to the slovenly, self-deceiving attitudes that feed on the politics of resentment, alienation, frustration, anger, and fear, then you should definitely consider contacting me with your supporting or refuting evidence, opinions, personal stories, etc., so that I can make a better argument in my next letter.

The more I study religion, the more I am convinced that Krystal has never worshipped anything but herself. I'm not going to say why; we all know the reason. Let me back up a little: Any rational argument must acknowledge this. Her abominable, crotchety false-flag operations, naturally, do not. I may be beating a dead horse here, but I do want to point out that an injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere. Keep that in mind the next time you catch Krystal overthrowing western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Finally, this has been a good deal of reading, and unquestionably difficult reading at that. Still, I hope you walk away from it with the new knowledge that Krystal has graduated from occasionally exempting herself from the few principles she has to betraying them altogether.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Now fast-forward a few years to a time in which they have enabled Sakurai to suppress all news that portrays him in a bad light. If you don't want such a time to come then help me create greater public understanding of the damage caused by Sakurai's stratagems. Help me hold Sakurai responsible for the hatred he so furtively expresses.
Here's your medal for Worst Poster in this Thread ---> [M]

it really did come in handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom