• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And R.O.B. was a NES accessory prior to his cameos, your point?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I don't know how anyone could assume that Sakurai somehow felt differently about Nook or any individual AC character. He very clearly said that the entire series had no viable characters and had felt that way back in 2005.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Haha now we wait...wait for the Angrey Nook Fanboys who take any question as an offensive shot at thier intrests.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know how anyone could assume that Sakurai somehow felt differently about Nook or any individual AC character. He very clearly said that the entire series had no viable characters and had felt that way back in 2005.
I still say he can change his mind. Will it happen? God knows really.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just because I have a lot of hopes, dreams, and ideas doesn't mean I'm setting myself up for disappointment, especially after the pre-Brawl days.

I keep an open mind on this for the most part.

EDIT:
Besides, it's a lot better than trying to determine what's the most likely on very little evidence.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
You're right. It's way better to expect to see random crap like Kumatora or super meters, cry when they don't show up, and devise awful scenarios to convince non-crazies that they could show up in the next game "because there's always a possibility."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sorry Kuma, but Iwata saying what he said is'nt "little" evidence. If you dont like something, you dont like something. But you can always hope!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're right. It's way better to expect to see random crap like Kumatora or super meters, cry when they don't show up, and devise awful scenarios to convince non-crazies that they could show up in the next game "because there's always a possibility."
I just said I'm open minded on this. If the stuff I want isn't in, then so be it.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
First off:NO TV characters (Goku and all that other crap.)
Second:No more third parties.
Third:Faster pace.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm a Nook fanboy but I know he's not getting in. But a surprise would be welcome.

So far the only character I'm gonna say I think is definate is Li'l Mac. And that's just my opinion.

BBQTV

Smash Master
The single most grown-up comment I've ever heard here.

Anyway AC is a series that SHOULD have a fighter but won't. Because of Sakurai's lack of imagination. Don't get me wrong, I love his games, but he's being very priggish about this.
i detect sarcasm. if it is sarcasm i dont know why you would becuase really no one cares about toad fans. anyway toad has a higher chance then any AC. sakurai pretty much put the middle finger on AC fans but hasn't said anything about toad but no one cares about toad so neither are getting in

Pieman0920

Smash Master
People used Toad in SMB2 when they could have used Peach or Luigi? :confused:

A-ny-waays, new pokermens have been shown. If Brawl is any indication, and a new Smash is announced soon, these guys will make up like 90% of the pokeball pokemon. If the next Smash goes into development a few years later though then there's really no say which Pokemon is more likely.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
A-ny-waays, new pokermens have been shown. If Brawl is any indication, and a new Smash is announced soon, these guys will make up like 90% of the pokeball pokemon. If the next Smash goes into development a few years later though then there's really no say which Pokemon is more likely.
6/30 or 20% of Brawl's pokeball are from the Sinnoh region. Thats a pretty fair amount considering there were only 4 regions of pokemon. I think Isshu pokemon, or whatever the most recent gernation, will constitute roughly the same percent of pokeball pokemon as they did in brawl in SSB4. I think Lucario will get the axe, he isn't as popular as mewtwo and he was cut. Furthermore, I suspect he was only in to promote gen IV and will be replaced by the next generation's "mascot." Personally I hope Zoroark makes it because of his shape shifting abilities (link to the new movie staring Zoroark).

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
i detect sarcasm. if it is sarcasm i dont know why you would becuase really no one cares about toad fans. anyway toad has a higher chance then any AC. sakurai pretty much put the middle finger on AC fans but hasn't said anything about toad but no one cares about toad so neither are getting in
Wasn't exactly your comment, but your wording. Care to elaborate on your no-one cares about Toad comment? Because there were loads of Toad supporters here before Smashboards died.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wasn't exactly your comment, but your wording. Care to elaborate on your no-one cares about Toad comment? Because there were loads of Toad supporters here before Smashboards died.
Smashboards died?

On a separate note, how many of you still play Brawl?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i can help!... he said no one cares about Toad Fans, so basically anything you say about toad such as, well, i already quoted you, would be dumb considering he aint talking bout toad, he's talking bout toad fans. did that help?

i still play brawl since i can only play once a week for 2 hours only!! and its hacked so things arent repetitive. (the guy constantly changes things)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Smashboards died?

On a separate note, how many of you still play Brawl?
I do.

Regardless of the issues I primarily use the wifi mode for some general matches. It can become boring when you are winning most of the time, it is fun when you find someone who actually poses a challenge.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean the two minutes, four players, items on matches?

The reminds me of another thing. Sakurai really should've added a rankings mode. It wouldn't be the most accurate, but at least you have a higher chance of finding someone of equal or greater skill.

BBQTV

Smash Master
smashboards is dead? i doubt it. anyway i play standard 3 stock, no items, metaknight only, final destination

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You got any? If I bring anything up, Toise or SmashChu will chew me out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about Mach Tornado having no horizontal movement or vertical movement? In exchange, it has stronger knockback and acts as a Get-Off-Me! move?

Oh, and The Princess and the Frog was an awesome movie.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Guys, can someone give me a list of smaller nintendo franchises? And a list of nintendo's "retro characters? I have a quiz and i want a few more on those two subjects!

i have these already for small franchises:
Saki (Sin and Punishment
Devil (Devil World)
Hero (Magic Vacation)
Issac (Golden Sun)
Mr. Resseti
Another Animal Crossing Character
Custom Robo Character
Wars Character

and this for retro:

R.O.B
Little Mac
Pit
Platuna
Bubbles
Balloon Fighter
Duck Hunt dog
Lip

even one for each new catagory would help! The quiz is below my sig btw :) Feel free to take it! Ill share the results once i get fifty or so votes. I have twelve X)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I've been lurking since before Melee, so I can telll ya that Smashboards just goes into hibrenation after a year or so from when a game is launched. Its still got some people, but its not nearly as many as pre-game and post-game for the first few months. I'd think the same cycle would occur, though to a lesser extent, if we get a portable Smash announced.

Anyways, by this time next week, we probably will have a lot more to talk about as far as predictions go, even if there is no Smash game. Lately I've been hearing a rumor that the game Retro has been working on is actually a new DK game that's supposed to revive the series (again I guess). If this turns out to be true, this should be very interesting, since it can make or break K.Rool or Dixie's chances.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
How about Mach Tornado having no horizontal movement or vertical movement? In exchange, it has stronger knockback and acts as a Get-Off-Me! move?

Oh, and The Princess and the Frog was an awesome movie.
Yes. Mach Tornado shouldn't be as gay.. Longer time to start and less priority.

And yes, I loved it because it was classic Disney film. Not the bull crap they have today.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I've been lurking since before Melee, so I can telll ya that Smashboards just goes into hibrenation after a year or so from when a game is launched. Its still got some people, but its not nearly as many as pre-game and post-game for the first few months. I'd think the same cycle would occur, though to a lesser extent, if we get a portable Smash announced.

Anyways, by this time next week, we probably will have a lot more to talk about as far as predictions go, even if there is no Smash game. Lately I've been hearing a rumor that the game Retro has been working on is actually a new DK game that's supposed to revive the series (again I guess). If this turns out to be true, this should be very interesting, since it can make or break K.Rool or Dixie's chances.
interesting i cant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom