• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Find a way to get it off-campus?
I don't have a car to get to someone else's place to download it (can I say this?). Besides, I'll be back home by April 1st so I can do it then.

I am turning into the 2ndary douche of this thread...I...I...

I've never won anything like this in my life!
And I still hold the title of gameplay *****.:p

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hehehe... spelling? i purposefully wrote pure nonsense with the exception of the first two lines.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog

What’s the sad thing is a lot of people actually think he'll get in but it would finally give you a chance to show that mutt whose boss.

Fighting Style: He would move on all fours and his attacks would be mostly biting. He can also pick up items with his hand and place them in his mouth or sit up when using some items.

Special Moves
- B: Bark: This move doesn’t do much damage as it does knock back. It has a close range and is use to push an opponent away.
-Up B: Be the Duck: Basically Dog flaps his arms and flies at an angle just like the ducks.
-Down B: Dead Duck: He pulls out from behind him a dead duck which he can throw at opponents just like an item.
- Foreward B: Leaping pounce: This is when you leaps at the opponent and does a ground slam that knocks the victim into the air.
-Final Smash: Hunting: Dog just sits and laugh while you move a scroller around and try to shoot the enemies. Your given only three shots but their instant KO’s.
Very nice but it is not as inspired as as my moveset ideas for the Duck Hunt Dog. I try to keep the fighting style close to the original Duck Hunt games.

His fighting style would be that he would run on two legs (he did that in Vs. Duck Hunt) but he is running around with a bush. He uses the bush as a camoflague because good hunters use camoflague and he is a hunting dog. It would be something straight out of Looney Tunes where Ralph the Wolf would sneak around in a bush and the bush appears to have feet. What makes him so different from the other fighters is that the dog fights through the unseen hunter from the fourth wall (the unseen hunter is the person who is playing the Duck Hunt game). Here's a partial moveset.

Smash Side+A - the dog throws a duck out of the bush, the duck quickly flies away offscreen not hurting the opponents, the hunter shoots at the spot where the duck flew out from the bush and misses, but the gunfire explosion hurts the opponent (it is comparable to Olimar's smash side+A move and Lucas's smash down+A move)

Smash Up+A - the dog throws a duck out of the bush, the duck flies to the top of the screen and flies away offscreen, the hunter shoots at the spot where the duck flew out of the bush and misses, but the gunfire explosion hurts the opponent (it is comparable to Lucas's and Olimar's smash up+A moves)

Smash Down+A - two ducks poke their heads from both sides of the bush for a second, the hunter shoots at the spot in front of the dog and then quickly shoots at the spot behind the dog where the ducks were at and misses both, but the gunfire explosions hurt the opponent (it is comparable to Olimar's smash down+A move)

Aerial Up+A - the dog throws a duck out of the bush, the duck quickly flies away but the hunter tries to shoot at the spot above the dog and misses, the gunfire explosion hurts the opponent (it is comparable to Zelda's aerial up+A move)

Aerial Down+A - a duck pokes its head out from under the bush for a second, the duck pecks from there and it is a meteor smash (it is comparable to Ness's aerial down+A move)

Aerial Forward+A - a duck pokes its head from the front of the bush and pecks repeatedly, it looks like that pecking move from Banjo-Kazooie (it is comparable to Ness's aerial forward+A move)

Aerial Backward+A - a duck pokes its head from the back of the bush and pecks once, it is a meteor smash (it is comparable to Ness's backward+A move)

Grab - the dog whips his chain leash and reels in the opponent, can be used as tether recovery (it is comparable to Link's HookClawshot)

Throws - the dog pulls the opponent into the bush and beats them (the bush shakes violently when they are behind it) and the opponent is launched away in four directions depending on the control stick's direction

B - Duck Hunt
The dog goes into the bush and then a duck flies out of it, you have full control of the duck's flight path as long as you hold down the B button, let go of the button and the hunter will shoot at the duck and misses, the gunfire explosion hurts the opponent (it is comparable to Ness's up+B move and Snake's side+B move)

Side+B - Clay Shooting
The dog pulls out a clay pigeon (a white frisbee) and you control the path of the disc as long as you hold down the B button, the disc can go either up or down when you hold down the B button and move the control stick, let go of the button and the hunter will shoot at the disc and hits it, the gunfire explosion hurts the opponent (it is comparable to Zelda's side+B move)

Up B - Fly Away
The dog pulls out two ducks and fly with it. You can use this move twice (once to start the recovery and twice to continue flying while in the air), when you use it the second time the dog lets go of one duck and holds onto the remaining duck (it is comparable to R.O.B.'s up+B move)

Down B - Dog Hunt
The hunter shoots at the dog. Don't spam this move just because you want to see the dog shot over and over as this move actually hurts the dog (maybe 5%) but the good thing about this move (yes, better than seeing the dog get shot :p) is that when an opponent is overlapping the dog when the hunter shoots the dog, the opponent is KO'd instantly (or at least gets 30% damage), after this move the dog is stunned and unable to move for a few seconds because he is shocked (complete with his face covered in gunpowder like in Vs. Duck Hunt) that he was finally shot (it is comparable to Jigglypuff's down+B move)

Final Smash - Open Season
Many ducks fly out of the bush and fly around the screen. The dog stays hidden in the bush as the NES Zapper appears from the front of the screen (with crosshairs) and you have three shots to shoot the opponents. Each shot can instantly KO a character just like in the original games (it is comparable to Snake's Final Smash and the Dragoon item)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
hehehe... spelling? i purposefully wrote pure nonsense with the exception of the first two lines.
Yes; your spacing is horrendous. It's all clobbered up together and annoying to read. Also it would be nice If you capitalized the first letter if each one of your sentences to show more thought into it. It's just nice since the few regulars here have always wanted a more informative discussion than "lol here's my roster comment n rate".

pokyballz pokymanz roster, disregarding Gen 5.....10 Pokemon from each gen.

Gen 1: Meowth, Snorlax, Staryu, Onix, Moltres, Mew, Blastoise, Goldeen, Zapdos, Dragonite

Gen 2: Scizor, Hitmontop, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Togepi, Wobbufett, Chikorita, Raikou

Gen 3: Blaziken, Jirachi, Metagross, Gardevoir, Latios/Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Swalot, Mudkip, Deoxys

Gen 4: Bonsley, Darkrai, Garchomp, Regigigas, Cranidos, Shaymin, Weavile, Manaphy, Magmortar, Vespiquen
Very nice but I dunno...Looks a bit limited on the whole "Variety on type's" Thing. I'll give my attempt later since I'm having to search a lot

...And what? I'm having a hard time rejecting buizel ;-;

I don't have a car to get to someone else's place to download it (can I say this?). Besides, I'll be back home by April 1st so I can do it then.
...April? Yeah, that's not too long. Just be sure to beat it soon; It's so awesome. I'd kill for a port of it on the DS like how FF4 was done from SNES to DS.

And I still hold the title of gameplay *****.:p
Yep. I should get back to those title names for everyone.

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
NEW RULE: Don't discuss any series before actually playing there games or at the very least doing a lot of research that's actually good and a qualified reason to back up not playing any yet.

But to explain Ike; He at first at the time of addition was like Roy but you have to note now that like how Marth has 3 games, Ike has 2. He's essentially the icon of American FE and players would be annoyed If they took him out.

To furthermore add onto that you have to consider how Roy was at least apparently considered at one point which shows that Sakurai has no problems with having 3 FE lords running around If there was to be a new FE game.

So let's see, he's still iconic to this day, iconic to the series more than any other lord that isn't Marth, has already been in Smash, what am I missing here?

And his games are awesome anyways. You all should play Radiant Dawn; I'm shocked a lot of you haven't since It's like one of the best games of the Wii.
I actually did play FE, yes Radiant Dawn as well, I enjoyed very much.

I assumed however that Marth is considered the most iconic FE lord out there, as I wasn't aware that Sakura thought about 3 FE slots for Brawl, I figured that the second lord would be replaced in the sequel. It's not that I want him to be cut either, but as I said I presumed that for FE it'd be Marth + lord from the newest game.

Just because I missed a detail here doesn't mean that I don't know anything about the games.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Very nice but I dunno...Looks a bit limited on the whole "Variety on type's" Thing. I'll give my attempt later since I'm having to search a lot

...And what? I'm having a hard time rejecting buizel ;-;
Eh? I didn't have variety of types in mind when I made that list, but looking through it, the only thing I see missing is Ghost and Ice, and I don't really think one is particularly needed. I guess Raikou could get cut out for Misdrevus, or Zapdos could get cut out for something in the Gengar line, since I screwed up there and added both of them, when I meant to only have one of them. For Ice...Eh, maybe Mudkip could get axed. I had the idea that the Gen 4 starters should come in the form of those little wind-up toys from Pokemon Rumble, and technically the same could be applied to the other stage 1 starters. That or I could take out Chickorita or Bellossom, since they are both grass types in Gen 2 (Though they both sort of have veteran status.)

Actually with that in mind, keep Raikou, and get rid of Zapdos for Electrode.

D

Deleted member

I'm close to finishing my character roster. I got all of the pictures I need for my roster plus some other things. I have three questions:

1. Should I label the characters name on the top of each character box? Each character has 50 X 50 in space.
2. Should I put in a Super Smash Bros. logo on the top of the picture?
3. Below the character roster are the four boxes that can be use for characters. I already have one in the first box, should I go ahead and do the rest?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1. I'm pretty sure we'll all recognize them, so that's up to you if you think you've got someone obscure enough.
2. Matters less than point 1. Do you think that anyone will mistake it as something elese?
3. Doesn't quite matter either. Do what you want.

D

Deleted member

@Pieman920: Very well, then it's all ready. It'll be up in a short while.

I'll edit my post just so I won't have to wait:

My Super Smash Bros. 4 Character Roster:

Characters (Rows are vertical like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl):
*: Unlockable
#: Newcomer

Super Mario Bros. Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.*#, and Paper Mario*#

Mario's Subseries Row: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool*#, Yoshi, Wario, and Little Mac#

The Legend of Zelda/Joy Mech Row: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf*, Toon Link*, Vaati*#, and Sukopon*#

Metroid/Retro Row: Samus (Zero Suit Samus is accessible at anytime in this game thought, when Samus comes up in one of the boxes, Zero Suit Samus appears with it), Ridley*#, Ice Climbers, Pit, R.O.B.*, and Balloon Fighter*#

Kirby/Misc. Row: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Knuckle Joe *#, Olimar, and Ray MK II*# (Did I say it right?)

Star Fox/F-zero Row: Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi*, Wolf*, Krystal*#, Captain Falcon, and Samurai Goroh*#

Pokemon/Sin & Punishment Row: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo*, Lucario*, and Saki Animya#

Earthbound/Fire Emblem/Golden Sun Row: Ness, Lucas*, Marth*, Ike, Micaiah*#, and Issac*#

Game & Watch/Third-Party Characters Row: Mr. Game & Watch*, Solid Snake*, Sonic the Hedgehog*, Megaman#, Bomberman*#, and Travis Touchdown*#

DLC/Random Row: Five DLC slots and a Random slot (Function the same as in Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Alternate Characters:
*: Unlockable
Mario: Dr. Mario
King K. Rool: Kaptain K. Rool or Baron K. Roolenstein
Yoshi: More Alternate Colors*
Wario: Overall Wario
Link: Dark Link*
Pikachu: Pichu
Ness: Ninten
Marth: Roy
Megaman: Megaman X*

DLC Characters:

Regading DLC characters, you can buy any amount of DLC characters, but you may only fight with six at a time. DLC characters you buy but do not have room for will be in the next section where you can choose a character you want and replace antother DLC character. DLC characters can be boughten online in Nintendo's (Insert name) store for between 300 to 600 points depending on if the characters is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party and how much they want to charge in general. No licensed characters like Goku will be up for sales or 3rd party characters that have not appeared in a Nintendo console. For example, Cecil from Final Fantasy II (IV) can be made available, but not Cloud from Final Fantasy VII for the Playstation.

And before anyone attempts to tell me that DLC characters aren't possible, we are refering this to Nintendo's next system, not the Nintendo Wii.

3rd party characters:

Five 3rd party character should sound a little reasonable. I won't even have to explain Solid Snake and Sonic the Hedgehog, because they are near guaranteen a position in Super Smash Bros. 4. But why Megaman, Bomberman, and Travis Touchdown?

Megaman: Capcom and Nintendo have a very good relationship with each other. The majority of Capcom games have been on a Nintendo system during the NES and SNES generation, not to mention that 80% of Megaman's games have been on a Nintendo system. Megaman was also the 2nd most requested 3rd party character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Give that Capcom and Nintendo's relationship doesn't flounder soon, I can see Megaman being in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Bomberman: Hudson Soft and Nintendo have been in good terms with each other, even when Hudson Soft was competiting with Nintendo during the 4th generation. They have been one of the more promenent 3rd party supporter during the 5th generation when Nintendo suffered a terrible 3rd party support and has been a huge supporter of WiiWare. Also, the vast majority of Bomberman's 60+ games were on Nintendo's system. On top of that, the TurboGrafx-16 is being supported on the Virtual Console. Bomberman is looking good for Super Smash Bros. 4.

Travis Touchdown: This is going to be a controversial one. At this rate, with Ubisoft's rumor of abandoning Nintendo and the large amount of shovelware they dropped on him, this seems to be in the no-go range. Also, No More Heroes is being ported to the HD systems. However, the reason why I pick Travis Touchdown for the 5th 3rd party character is because Suda 51 himself wants him on the next Super Smash Bros. We can only hope this will suceed.

I might explain my Nintendo newcomers if you want me to.

Overall Characters: 54
Starting Characters: 27
Unlockable Characters: 27
Returning Characters: 36
Newcomers: 18
From Nintendo's or 2nd Party's: 49
3rd Party: 5
Alternate Characters (Not counted in roster): 9
DLC Characters that can be used in character roster (Not counted in roster): 6
Random Slot (Not counted in roster): 1

What do you think?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I actually did play FE, yes Radiant Dawn as well, I enjoyed very much.

I assumed however that Marth is considered the most iconic FE lord out there, as I wasn't aware that Sakura thought about 3 FE slots for Brawl, I figured that the second lord would be replaced in the sequel. It's not that I want him to be cut either, but as I said I presumed that for FE it'd be Marth + lord from the newest game.

Just because I missed a detail here doesn't mean that I don't know anything about the games.
Well regardless of my assumptions I at least got my point across. :laugh: But really that part went to everyone who lacks that knowledge - Or maybe it's just research. Most people have no clue that Roy was possibly close to the final cut. Before this thread I didn't even know.

But really I think It'd be pretty stupid at this point for Ike not to return. At this point outside of Smash him and Marth probably have a pretty even popularity and only one remake between the two and the debate on which one has better blue hair

Yeah; Lacks some neat variety in there. It's something to heavily consider because I noticed such a lack of variety in...Well...All of them that weren't Smash 64. I'm conducting my list right now still. Will post it here soon.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wait you mean a lack of variety in my choices or the choices that Sakurai and co made after Smash 64? If its the former, then I don't quite get it, since they were all pretty much different types (though I guess the vast majority were evolved) but if its the latter, I'd have to disagree and say that while Brawl's Pokeball pokemon left something to be desired, Melee's had a better selection overall than Smash 64's.

D

Deleted member

Look at #31225. This is where my character roster is. Please rate it and give me your opinion on it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait you mean a lack of variety in my choices or the choices that Sakurai and co made after Smash 64? If its the former, then I don't quite get it, since they were all pretty much different types (though I guess the vast majority were evolved) but if its the latter, I'd have to disagree and say that while Brawl's Pokeball pokemon left something to be desired, Melee's had a better selection overall than Smash 64's.
Latter. Smash 64's selections were just amazing.

or maybe it's my bias for being sick of seeing legendaries

@SSBFan's roster:

Nifty roster but I'll make what I think isn't all that good in short;

Paper Mario: Love the character. Love the games. For sure should have a stage and music and so on. It just probably won't happen.

Vaati: ...Wait why? LoZ doesn't really need a 5th character just for being LoZ and from playing some of Phantom Hourglass It really is kept to a one-time cast with the usual supporting character. Even If It were to have one, Toon Zelda looks like a much more plausible choice since Vaati lost his reoccurancy

Knuckle Joe: outshined by multiple characters in the series (marx, daroach, heck even waddle dee If we want to talk generics) who are already far outshined by the main 3.

Balloon Fighter: Rejected back in Melee but hey - It's already been 10 years.

Micaiah: While she's an amazing character to my eyes in Fire Emblem I'm not gonna lie: She isn't all too spot-worthy. She's one of two protaginists, who even then are partly out shined, and her game already had another FE right after it.

Third-Parties: It's mainly the fact that you have 5 and lack Square-Enix/Well pretty much final fantasy yet even mention it in your part about DLC. There's really not much I can disagree with on those choices particularly. Oh and Bomberman is under the same company of Konami with Snake/Simon Belmont/Etc last I recall.

For that many characters I disagree with it's surely overall better than most I see so kudos to you.

also go get Gimp If you were using paint. It's free and better

As for DLC There's more characters for me that come into mind than Cecil but heh; An example's an example. Personally I think with characters DLC should be either used from a huge advertising point or a chance to "Complete" each series the way they want in the time they couldn't over the main development time.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
to everyone... before you attack the roster, say something nice first, a compliment if you will. everyone knows that someone will rant on "a" inclusion and then we all will have to argue yet again for no particularly good reason. wait what am i doing? I'm Air Man!!! eh... Megaman!! haaa!!!Air Man ga Taosenai!!!

edit. well,...... at least you didn't yell, herm, i stand by for the meaner people... (why am i still defending Mega Man? i'm a robot master goddamit!)

oh, and what, no kumatora?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have a list somewhere in my head. Some of the choices I make are pretty surprising (or not).

D

Deleted member

@thethirdkoopa: Thank you for your opinion on my roster. I really do apperatice it.

Also, I'll go and get Gimp in the future. Prehaps it'll help me with my pixel drawings.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Koops: The fact that Smash 64 had only one legendary doesn't mean it had good variety. =/

@SmashFan

Mario Column: Fine by me.

Second Column: I really don't want to see K.Rool in, and would rather see a new Wario character, but that's just me.

Third Column: Vaati doesn't make any real sense. He's not particularly relivant, and he only had a few games. Tingle makes much more sense. Sukapon is also someone that Sakurai outright stated won't be showing up.

Fourth: Balloon Fighter, just like Sukapon, is a character that Sakurai specifically said wouldn't show up. Thus its a very poor choice.

Fifth Column: ...Knuckle Joe? You have to be joking. He's like the first person you should kick out. I'm not all that sure about Ray, but he's alright I guess.

Sixth Column: Fine. Having four SF characters is a bit iffy, but it may work.

Seventh Column: I very much doubt Mewtwo is coming back, though given the fact that it doesn't seem like you're handing out place holders for future characters, I'll accept it. Isa though is a much better choice than Saki for a S&P character.

Eigth Column: Like Saki, Isaac may be replaced by the next hero in the GS series. In any case, I'll accept Micaiah on the same grounds as Mewtwo in Pokemon.

Ninth Column: Bomberman and Travis are both bad picks. Actually, Bomberman is a second Konami character, which would sort of unbalance it. Really though with Travis, while Suda 51 said he'd like him in, the same can be said of a lot of developers probably, and what matters is Sakurai's connection to them, which is something we have no idea about.

Tenth Column: No. You don't plan out DLC like that. That is a horrible idea. DLC comes after the fact, and you shouldn't plan on having whole rows of it right as the game is made.

D

Deleted member

@Pieman0920: Thank you very much for your opinion. I might make some changes to it in the near future.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
SSB Pokeball Pokemon

1. Beedrill
2. Blastoise
3. Chansey
4. Charizard
5. Clefairy
6. Goldeen
7. Hitmonlee
8. Koffing
9. Meowth
10. Mew
11. Onix
12. Snorlax
13. Starmie

SSBM Pokeball Pokemon

1. Articuno
2. Bellossom
3. Blastoise (returning)
4. Celebi (does the same thing Mew does)
5. Chansey (returning)
6. Charizard (returning)
7. Chikorita (does the same thing Saffron City's Venusaur did)
8. Clefairy (returning)
9. Cyndaquil (does the same thing Saffron City's Charmander did)
10. Electrode (one of Saffron City's Pokemon)
11. Entei
12. Goldeen (returning)
13. Ho-oh
14. Lugia
15. Marill
16. Mew (returning)
17. Moltres
18. Porygon2 (does the same thing Saffron City's Porygon did)
19. Raikou
20. Scizor
21. Snorlax (returning)
22. Staryu (replaces Starmie)
23. Suicune
24. Togepi (does the same thing Clefairy does)
25. Unown (replaces Beedrill)
26. Venusaur (one of the Saffron City's Pokemon)
27. Weezing (replaces Koffing)
28. Wobbuffet
29. Zapdos

SSBB Pokeball Pokemon

1. Bellossom (returning)
2. Bonsly
3. Celebi (returning)
4. Chikorita (returning)
5. Deoxys
6. Electrode (returning)
7. Entei (returning)
8. Gardevoir
9. Goldeen (returning)
10. Groudon
11. Gulpin
12. Ho-oh
13. Jirachi (does the same thing Mew and Celebi do)
14. Kyogre
15. Latias & Latios
16. Lugia (returning)
17. Manaphy
18. Meowth (returning; the only one who was removed and added back)
19. Metagross
20. Mew (returning)
21. Munchlax
22. Piplup (replaces Marill)
23. Snorlax (returning)
24. Staryu (returning)
25. Suicune (returning)
26. Togepi (returning)
27. Torchic
28. Weavile
29. Wobbuffet (returning)

Looking at these three lists, it is clear that some Pokemon will replace some Pokemon if they do similar attacks. I think we can expect to see new 2nd gen Pokemon (from HG/SS) and some 5th gen Pokemon appear in Pokeballs.

I would love to see Mareep appear. That was one of my favorite Pokemon when I was playing the original Gold game 10 years ago. If Mega Man was playable in SSB4 and Mareep is a new Pokeball Pokemon, I can picture many humorous snapshots with Sheep Man references. ;)

I think some of the background Pokemon in Brawl could become Pokeball Pokemon in SSB4 just like some Saffron City's Pokemon did in Melee. Electivire, Magnezone, Drifloon, Hoppip, Skarmory, Cubone, Dugtrio, Snorunt, and Snover from Pokemon Stadium 2. Yeah, I would rather remove Pokemon Stadium 2 (the stage) and keep the Pokemon as Pokeball Pokemon so we can have only one Pokemon Stadium stage (I bet it will be called Pokemon Stadium 3 or Pokemon Colosseum) and keep Spear Pillar as a returning stage (so Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia don't appear in Pokeballs).

I also hope Meowth can also upgrade from Pokeball status to playable status in SSB4 like Charizard did in Brawl.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@Koops: The fact that Smash 64 had only one legendary doesn't mean it had good variety. =/
variety is based off of what they each do seperately not numbers at all

in SSB64 all pokemon were different from each other.

in melee this changed but still added some that had variety

in brawl same thing with more returning ones but with the same number.

Through Smash 64 variety is kinda difficult to ask for there is 493 (And soon to be more!) in the series so I think it's surely possible. Legendaries are just one thing I generally like to avoid; I can see why people like them but they all end out "OH MY GOD, SUPER, AND, KILLS ALL!" (ok almost all)

through looking at it melee is pretty close to what I wanted in that aspect.

I think some of the background Pokemon in Brawl could become Pokeball Pokemon in SSB4 just like some Saffron City's Pokemon did in Melee. Electivire, Magnezone, Drifloon, Hoppip, Skarmory, Cubone, Dugtrio, Snorunt, and Snover from Pokemon Stadium 2. Yeah, I would rather remove Pokemon Stadium 2 (the stage) and keep the Pokemon as Pokeball Pokemon so we can have only one Pokemon Stadium stage (I bet it will be called Pokemon Stadium 3 or Pokemon Colosseum) and keep Spear Pillar as a returning stage (so Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia don't appear in Pokeballs).

I also hope Meowth can also upgrade from Pokeball status to playable status in SSB4 like Charizard did in Brawl.
Stages; Interesting discussion on here. How about a Mystery Dungeon styled stage?

I actually gave a compliment. I started with gimp almost 2 years ago and I've done some pretty overall awesome things in it.

Assuming he takes the time to get use to it then I'd consider that a pretty awesome compliment.

oh, and what, no kumatora?
kumatora is basically like adding a random pokemon from pokemon or a random FE lord

Ok not that far off but you get the general scale idea. If any other mother characters were to be added, Pokey and The Masked Man (HUGE SPOILER:
claus
) are the most logical choices to fall under that

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be honest, I never played a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game but what I do know so far is that the most recent PMD game is on WiiWare. How about the hub area from that game? What's it called? Pokemon Village/Beach/Garden? (pics here) It could be something like Smashville, only there are three versions of the same stage. The stage's background looks different in each version but the stage itself is the same in all versions. It could be a good stage for tourney players...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@Arcadenik
I do like quite a few ideas for your character. I like the Clay Pigeon and the Fly Away and the B move is more like game. Actually he walks on all fours in the begining of every level but can sit up so they could combo those techniques. I was thinking the same looney tunes style as well to play. Though if they put his laugh as a taunt it would be more annoying then Kirby's "Hi" move.

@Super Smash Bros. Fan
Well your roster has all my favs (Lil Mac, Krystal, Samurai Goroh) but Toad. Not a fan of the third party. I think Ridley and Mewtwo should be/stay as bosses (unless a Ridley v. Meta Ridley would be too weird). Other then Toad I have no real complaints.

As for the Pokeball discussion I think they should have a side option to allow you to limit certain pokemon and their frequency. BUT you can only do it if you've seen the pokemon so that you can't unlock Mew, celebi, etc... quickly.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why would Ridley have to fight Meta Ridley? I don't think there's a need for repeat bosses, especially if Ridley becomes playable.
Because Ridley and Meta Ridley were the best bosses in boss mode. If you make Ridley playable then you have to dumb down his moves and playing him in a match won't be the same as a boss battle. So they could have Meta Ridley as a boss and ridley playable if they want to him so badly.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Because Ridley and Meta Ridley were the best bosses in boss mode. If you make Ridley playable then you have to dumb down his moves and playing him in a match won't be the same as a boss battle. So they could have Meta Ridley as a boss and ridley playable if they want to him so badly.
Say whuuut? That would be like Mario playing againt super mushroom Mario as a boss. Doesn't seem right.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope The Last Story isn't a rip-off of Final Fantasy just because their titles are synonymous.

I think it is too early for The Last Story to get a character when it hasn't even got a fanbase, let alone a game. I think we should wait and see how the game goes and find out who is the protagonist.

Also, isn't Xenoblade even Nintendo's? I thought it was a third party franchise?

Also, thanks Master Rapier. Glad you liked my Duck Hunt Dog ideas. :) I tried to capture the spirit of Duck Hunt for his moveset.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
I hope The Last Story isn't a rip-off of Final Fantasy just because their titles are synonymous.

I think it is too early for The Last Story to get a character when it hasn't even got a fanbase, let alone a game. I think we should wait and see how the game goes and find out who is the protagonist.

Also, isn't Xenoblade even Nintendo's? I thought it was a third party franchise?

Also, thanks Master Rapier. Glad you liked my Duck Hunt Dog ideas. :) I tried to capture the spirit of Duck Hunt for his moveset.
Story is not a synonymous of "Fantasy".
BUT, I do understand your point "The Last Story" and "Final Fantasy" are names that go by hand.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I do not mean we need a character from either games, just representation like a stage, music, trophies, and/or a character.

Yes, Xenoblade is Nintendo's.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
It's not a problem...

Does everyone forget that Smash has no physics boundaries...you can have 4 Marios all fighting each other at once...Why is this any different....

Plus Rapier's right, Bowser did fight Giga

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh okay, I had it confused with Xenogears. :p

It's not a problem...

Does everyone forget that Smash has no physics boundaries...you can have 4 Marios all fighting each other at once...Why is this any different....

Plus Rapier's right, Bowser did fight Giga
And yet some peope seem to think that Tom Nook can't be playable because he is in the background in Smashville (when in actuality, Sakurai doesn't think Animal Crossing characters would fit) and some people seem to think that Toad can't be playable because he is one of Peach's special moves. :rolleyes:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The fact that you could play as Ridley would make it worth it Rapier. By that logic, we should only have Bowser in as a boss, because he'd have much bigger and cooler looking attacks if he was a boss. Heck, on that note, we had Giga Bowser, and that wasn't a problem, so Ridley fighting Meta (or Omega) Ridley wouldn't be a problem.

But anyways, in regards to a few things....

Koops, the pokeball Pokemon in 64 still had a few repeats in a sense. Look at Koffing and Meowth or Onix and Snorlax. Yes there were differences between these Pokemon's attacks, but they were still fairly close. On those grounds, I can't think of any two Pokeball Pokemon (besides Mew and Celebi) that were worse in terms of using the same attack, so I still don't understand the variety complaint.

In regards to Xenoblade, that is in fact Nintendo's, since Monolith Soft is actually Nintendo's now. Because of that, I can't help but wonder if those two Monolith Soft mascots that were in Namco x Capcom and that new Super Robot Wars game, are pottential Smash characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know one of the characters in NamcoxCapcom was KOSMOS. I'm still not sure whether or not they hold the rights to them or Namco does. If Monolith holds the rights to them still, then we may see KOSMOS on the roster.
kumatora is basically like adding a random pokemon from pokemon or a random FE lord

Ok not that far off but you get the general scale idea. If any other mother characters were to be added, Pokey and The Masked Man (HUGE SPOILER:
claus
) are the most logical choices to fall under that
At the very least, Kumatora could get in as a clone. I'd say her chances are much higher in that respect.

As for Claus (There's no point in hiding this now.), bringing him would bring up an interesting situation. Aside from Snake to some extent, Claus would be the first character in Smash to actually be dead. At least Ganondorf and Ridley (let's see what Other M does with him), you have an alternate timeline and interquals to keep them alive.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh no, not KOSMOS. She's still owned by Namco, I'm talking about those other two guys...let's see...Reiji and Xaiomu.

Don't really know how important or popular they are though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Toon Link, at least the one from WW/PH is dead if you go by Spirit Tracks.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe Sakurai doesn't care if a character is dead or not? Smash isn't even canon anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
EDIT: Oh yeah, Toon Link, at least the one from WW/PH is dead if you go by Spirit Tracks.
Remember how the Zelda games work though. It's implied that there will always be a Link to arise to the situation at hand. In fact, I remember hearing that the Link and Zelda in SSB are actually culminations of their various incarnations.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
At the very least, Kumatora could get in as a clone. I'd say her chances are much higher in that respect.
Probably won't happen; Simple as that. However you're not really arguing that she has insane chances or anything so I don't mind. :laugh:

As for Claus (There's no point in hiding this now.), bringing him would bring up an interesting situation. Aside from Snake to some extent, Claus would be the first character in Smash to actually be dead. At least Ganondorf and Ridley (let's see what Other M does with him), you have an alternate timeline and interquals to keep them alive.
I'm still confused on the whole "SNAKE IS DEAD" thing with the franchise. I can't get it for the life of me. Still It's interesting I suppose since he is dead even with the ending Mother 3 pulling off the whole "World comes back" - Don't think it'd matter much still. It'd be more of those funfacts.

...What else can it possibly be to more than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom