• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
What I want from SSB4 is that someone must convince Sakurai that Smash has an active COMPETITIVE SCENE and to let him know that we put Hal Labs on the map, so he must DELIVER another game as good as SSB and SSBM.

-Zero (Megaman Zero)
-More Stages
-No Pokémon Trainer, but individual Pokémon characters
-Longer and more challenging Adventure Mode with Online
-Returning Stages from SSB, SSBM and SSBB
-Game Patches by Nintendo
-No silly cling sound on C.Falcon's dash.
-No Toon Link
-More characters from other franchises
-Roy is back

Thank you *disappears on the horizon*
-wow, someone that doedn't want classic megaman more? cool!
-well obviously there is going to be more stages... or do you mean more stages for each franchise? cause im tired of the same old 2 stages for each... or worse less, or worse more for mario
-you didnt like the starter setup? wats up wit dat? you know what would be good though? a pokemon smash game. melee engine. all pokemon, no trainers.
-herm... online adventure mode? at what point will people get bored and not do it anymore... until a brand new buyer shows up.
-they wouldn't cut that would they?... well that sux, not one ssb stage in brawl, does that mean no Hyrule Temple in ssb4 just cause its from melee? now im peeved.
-is there one game on the wii that is patchable yet? i think nintendo must first agree to administer the developers to be able to patches... i think that'll be next gen... friggin ninty...
and yes, this is a great idea
-i thought that was weird.. does anyone out there know what that was?!
-ouch!! what, do you want young link back or no friggin clone of link... either way i couldn't care less.
-this is a given, but i don't blame you :laugh:(... thinking of GLaDOS drones saying "i don't blame you..." when you knock them down :laugh::laugh::laugh:)
-can you vie for marth alt costume roy?... i don't care any who.

the disappears on the horizon thing... i thought you just wanted your input and never return on the page but you did to respond to piedmon... yeah i could tell you like comedy. (if not, don't turn it back to me like most females i speak to... better yet, like roy's counter)

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
-wow, someone that doedn't want classic megaman more? cool!
-well obviously there is going to be more stages... or do you mean more stages for each franchise? cause im tired of the same old 2 stages for each... or worse less, or worse more for mario
-you didnt like the starter setup? wats up wit dat? you know what would be good though? a pokemon smash game. melee engine. all pokemon, no trainers.
-herm... online adventure mode? at what point will people get bored and not do it anymore... until a brand new buyer shows up.
-they wouldn't cut that would they?... well that sux, not one ssb stage in brawl, does that mean no Hyrule Temple in ssb4 just cause its from melee? now im peeved.
-is there one game on the wii that is patchable yet? i think nintendo must first agree to administer the developers to be able to patches... i think that'll be next gen... friggin ninty...
and yes, this is a great idea
-i thought that was weird.. does anyone out there know what that was?!
-ouch!! what, do you want young link back or no friggin clone of link... either way i couldn't care less.
-this is a given, but i don't blame you :laugh:(... thinking of GLaDOS drones saying "i don't blame you..." when you knock them down :laugh::laugh::laugh:)
-can you vie for marth alt costume roy?... i don't care any who.

the disappears on the horizon thing... i thought you just wanted your input and never return on the page but you did to respond to piedmon... yeah i could tell you like comedy. (if not, don't turn it back to me like most females i speak to... better yet, like roy's counter)
Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.
Well, I just came back running after disappearing on the horizon.
I'd like more stages from other franchises instead of a load of Super Mario Bros. stages.
Online Adventure Mode would add a bit more fun to the formula, because, to be honest, I rarely had the chance to play SSE with a friend, and a 'new and improved' Adventure Mode WITH online would be fine too.
-Yeah, the cling sound C.Falcon makes while dashing, it is a new sound he has on Brawl, pay attention, if you have guts, put Brawl on your Wii, and start running around with C.Falcon, you'll hear a "cling cling cling cling" whenever he runs, it's annoying.
-I rather have a Young Link from Majora's Mask, because: he's more athletic, he's fast, his design is not deformed.
-I rather have Roy back, his attacks changed the whole style of a "swordsman", I liked it, he should have a different Final Smash that is not a Land Master.

*smoke bomb*

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Here's an relatively popular video on a person's wishlist for Super Smash Bros. 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8fK9kV_Arc

No, it's not me who created it. Give your thoughts on this.
that was the best thing ever, ever. the quality of the video was what won me over though, i got tired of the same old piece of crap words over a picture format that a majority of them losers use... GOD! whats wrong with them... is it cool? NO! its shoddy editing. i agree with everything that was on the video but i dont have a youtube account to tell him nor do i have a cellphone to acquire a google mail account (thats right! you need texting to get a google account now)
SERIOUSLY!!! look at them shoddy videos of words over pictures or WORSE, magenta words over a picture that doesn't fill the screen but the words are edge to edge and the background of the whole thing is surprisingly, magenta and you dont get to read all of what they are trying to say! annoying.

was that a rant? sorry didn't mean to.
but that was a good video, good quality. jolly good mate, jolly good.:)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Nintendo could make them in house. They were making Metroid games alongside Retro. It's just whether or not they would so them.
I do not doubt it, I was just implying that it seems as of now Nintendo is more focused on Mario and Zelda than any other series. So far nobody has stepped up to bat (so to speak), but games like Punch Out and S&P2 do give me hope.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've mentioned Lolo a long time ago but not in a positive way. I loved his puzzle games back in the day, its just that they are kinda lame to be in a smash game.
They're not much different as ROB, IC, and Mr. G&W in wierd style. Also don't forget that they were enemies of Kirby which could be use as inspiration. Not to mention a level similar to their puzzles with bad guys roaming about.

Hey, don't knock God of War. It is a fun game. :p But yes, Nintendo really needs to revive Kid Icarus already. They just need to change the boring part of the original and the GB sequel - the boring part I am referring to is "standing in one spot for almost an hour and killing enemies over and over as they respawn endlessly just so you can get enough hearts to buy better items and enough experience points for Zeus to upgrade your arrow's strength" At least the GB sequel had enough sense to improve the gameplay such as letting me fall down and not die offscreen, instead I just fall down to a floor at a lower level, and allowing me to flap my wings to fall slowly (a la Super Mario Bros. 3).
Yeah that game was intense to play but it was fun. I never got to play the GB version or the tetris that he made a cameo in. I think if they made a new game it would be a 3D adventure like in Mario or Zelda. Though with the way Other M is being made it maybe stylish to make a classic 2D game.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They're not much different as ROB, IC, and Mr. G&W in wierd style. Also don't forget that they were enemies of Kirby which could be use as inspiration. Not to mention a level similar to their puzzles with bad guys roaming about.
I don't care much for any of those characters either. Lolo and LaLa just seem to lack depth as characters. But that's just a matter of opinion.

D

Deleted member

that was the best thing ever, ever. the quality of the video was what won me over though, i got tired of the same old piece of crap words over a picture format that a majority of them losers use... GOD! whats wrong with them... is it cool? NO! its shoddy editing. i agree with everything that was on the video but i dont have a youtube account to tell him nor do i have a cellphone to acquire a google mail account (thats right! you need texting to get a google account now)
SERIOUSLY!!! look at them shoddy videos of words over pictures or WORSE, magenta words over a picture that doesn't fill the screen but the words are edge to edge and the background of the whole thing is surprisingly, magenta and you dont get to read all of what they are trying to say! annoying.

was that a rant? sorry didn't mean to.
but that was a good video, good quality. jolly good mate, jolly good.:)
Thank you for giving your opinion on the video.

Let's see what others have to say.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Because they waste a lot of time trying to put them in instead of focusing in new and better things.

-Different suits for different characters, including different colors for their different suits, "Y Button" could change the suit, "X Button" could change the color (example: Samus could have the Light Suit, Dark Suit and Fusion Suit, each of them with two or three colors). To me, this is better than just putting Assist Trophies, items we will never use except when our little cousins want to play or something.
See the problem with this logic is that the competative scene, which turns off items, is the most popular one. More people are casual fans rather than competative fans, and more people play with ATs on than not. By the train of thought that they should be cut to focus on other things, then all items should be cut, and we know that won't happen.

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the character roster, but I am curretnly working on the final character roster. It's not just new characters, it also contains some differences. I'll try to get it posted here today or tommorow. Once again, sorry for the delay.

Anoobish

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my "boring roster" then :3
I do like excite biker and why wouldn't they give him another try . I mean its not hard to get them to jump at all (IMO.) and would give us a instant bike riding fighter which is awesome .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sorry for my "boring roster" then :3
I do like excite biker and why wouldn't they give him another try . I mean its not hard to get them to jump at all (IMO.) and would give us a instant bike riding fighter which is awesome .
The only reason why Excitebiker can jump is because he ran over ramps. Sakurai said he would have to put in ramps in all stages just to make Excitebiker jump so it wouldn't be practical to have Excitebiker as a Smash fighter.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, there's seriously not that much appeal to an Excitebiker, and if Sakurai says no, then as long as he's making the games, he's not getting in. If you really want your bike fix, just stick with Wario. :p

chaosmaster1991

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I suppose I can post my thoughts just as well...

First of all, the roster... I suppose most characters from Brawl will be back with the exception of a few... like Ike, I think he'll be cut and another FE lord will take his place... same goes to Lucario.

As additions... I'd like to see Megaman (maybe he could somehow change his weapons with the B moves and have stronger A attacks to make up for it...), also I'd really wanna have a second Pokemon Trainer (the first one should stay imo, he represents the origin of the series) with a slightly different system than the current one, maybe Gym Leader like, dunno. A second team character like IC would also be nice...

Stages... at least one home stage for each character where that character is especially good at (not for the competitive scene obviously but for 1P Mode).

What else... a better online mode for obvious reasons... the CPU should have a higher difficulty, lv 9ers are too easy the way they are, also... couldn't they be a bit smarter? just a little?... lastly a better story mode... oh and the characters should be harder to unlock.

That's all I suppose, I apologize if it was said a thousand times before.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Include a cheat to unlock all the characters immediately if the next system uses memory cards (assuming that SSB4 is on it). I've had to re-unlock everything in Melee a hundred times. Sorry for those of you who don't like cheats... I just have never liked smash's 1-P mode but prefer to have all the characters/stages/rules when I play multiplayer.

Gameplay-wise, I wouldn't mind it if SSB4 looked just like Brawl Plus, really, lol. Keep the learning curve STEEP, and get rid of stupid **** (like tripping) that would never screw up an actual warrior. I personally like l-canceling - it was around for 64 and melee - and certainly fast-falling. Make Falcon top-tier, and no super-cheap f***ing rest combos for jiggs, haha.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
:dizzy:

In regards to Ridley's moveset, I've always thought that that he would have fireballs for a neutral special, a wing related recovery move for his up special (probably like the shuttle loop that MK has or the one he used in SSE) Outside of that though, he doesn't need any particular attacks from his boss fight in SSE like the generic stomp. It'd be better to give him something like the pogo-tail from the actual games for something like a down special, and his grabing move for his side special (akin to Bowser's old side special rather than his Brawl one)

As far as alt costumes go, they are fine as long as they stay just like how Wario's is in Brawl, aka they don't do anything other than change apperances. A Dr. Mario alt shouldn't turn his fireballs into pills or anything. That being said, Young Link doesn't work as a alt for Toon Link because their bodies simply don't match up. If you rework Young Link to a size that does fit Toon Link's body structure, then by Jove, you've got Toon Link and not Young Link, now don't you?
I made a very large comprehensive moveset for ridley. It is buried somewhere around here. Let me look.

It is in my sig.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am hoping that if The Last Story is any good, maybe we could see some type of representation in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth

Seriously, Meowth would be an interesting and fun addition to the roster! I think Meowth would be an agile lightweight fighter with many quick and acrobatic moves involving his sharp claws (he is known as the Scratch Cat Pokemon after all). Meowth could even be the Meta Knight of the Pokemon series in Smash, only without the multiple jumps and the gliding (though I think Meowth would be a high jumper because cats do jump very high). I think he would be about Pikachu's size but a bit heavier than Pikachu in Smash. Meowth is 1'04" and 9.3 lbs and Pikachu is 1'04" and 13.0 lbs. So for his A moves, I think he would fight primarily with his sharp claws by using them to scratch so I don't think I need to type up a long post detailing Meowth's A moves when they would involve mostly scratches in different ways so I am only doing the special moves.

B: Pay Day (learned at level 30)

Meowth simply throws a coin in a curved trajectory when you press the B button. Hold down the B button to charge the coin - let go of the button to throw the coin in a straight trajectory with increased speed and power. The controls are basically the same as Link's Bow move. Here's a short video showing how Meowth's Pay Day would look like.

Side B: Fury Swipes (learned at level 14)

Meowth repeatedly scratches his opponent with his sharp claws for up to two to five times in quick succesion. It controls the same as Marth's Dancing Blade move, only Meowth does it with his claws. Here's a video showing how Meowth's Fury Swipes would be similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.

Up B: Faint Attack (learned at level 22)

Meowth does his variation of Pikachu's Quick Attack move. It controls the same as Pikachu's Quick Attack move. When Meowth does this move, he vanishes like how the Lyn Assist Trophy would do and reappears when he makes contact with an opponent by scratching them. Meowth also reappears briefly when he makes a turn during the move and disappears again until at the end of the move when he reappears. Here's a video showing how Meowth's Faint Attack move would be like.

Down B: Payback (taught by TM66)

Meowth counters physical attacks by throwing coins around. This inflicts double damage based on how much damage Meowth received from physical attacks. For example, Mario punches Meowth with 10% damage inflicted so Meowth counterattacks by inflicting 20% damage against Mario. The double damage is a reference to how Payback would double the user's power if the user was attacked first in the Pokemon games. I think this would be a cool reference to Meowth's original appearance in the Smash series. Here's a short video showing how Meowth's Payback would look like.

Final Smash: Super Pay Day (from Brawl)

This is the souped-up version of Meowth's Pay Day (hence the name). Meowth runs around showering his opponents with many coins like in Brawl. Here's a video of Meowth (and Gulpin) ****** Donkey Kong (it starts at 1:00). Yeah, this would be the perfect Final Smash for Meowth... it suits him so well. And this is a reference to Meowth's appearance in Brawl.

Other Stuff

Entrance - Meowth appears from the Pokeball and Meowth scratches while hovering for a moment and then drops to the ground. This is from Pokemon Stadium

Taunt 1 - Meowth tumbles for a bit and then falls on his face. This is how Meowth fainted from battle in Pokemon Stadium.

Here's a short video with both Meowth's entrance and taunt 1.

Taunt 2 - Meowth flinches for a bit and drops a coin like he did in Pokemon Pinball.

Victory 1 - Meowth taps his foot and waves his finger as he winks like he did in Pokemon Pinball.

Here's another short video with both Meowth's taunt 2 and victory 1.

Taunt 3 - Meowth winks and waves his paw at the screen like his animated sprite did in Gold/Silver.

Victory 2 - Meowth plays his red-and-white guitar from Meowth's Party and sings (a cool homage to Meowth's Melee trophy and to remind Nintendo to make a Guitar Hero: Pokemon Edition game :p) Here's a short video of Meowth's Party.

On that thought, a stage based on Meowth's Party would be amazing. Imagine a layout like Smashville but with a crowd of Pokemon from all generations appearing and some of them get in the action similar to the Pokemon attacks in Saffron City in the original Smash.

Victory 3 - Meowth gives himself a bath by licking his arm and rubbing it all over his head like cats do. This is a reference to Meowth's sprite in Red/Blue.

When Meowth falls asleep during the match, he sleeps and wakes up like he did in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. To get a better understanding of what I am talking about, go to 1:05 of this video.

When Meowth is not doing anything and stands still, Meowth could start jumping in place for a little bit like Meowth's animated sprite did in Emerald.

You know how sometimes when a characters gets KO'd and turns into a star in the background? Meowth is the expert because he gets blasted off all the times in the anime. It would be funny to see Team Rocket from Pokemon Yellow make a cameo whenever Meowth is turned into a star during the match. Whenever Meowth is KO'd into the background, he is not alone because Jesse and James are blasting off with Meowth in the background and they turn into a star. A humorous reference to the Pokemon anime. :chuckle: For your entertainment, here's a compilation video of Team Rocket blasting off again and again and again.

Yeah, I was bored. :p Still, Meowth would be awesome. Meowth for SSB4!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Arcadenik:

Your Meowth idea is cool, but I would still prefer to see Mewtwo return.

So I have been going over Sin and Punishment music lately and came up with a list of music that would be good for a S&P stage.

Ally Riskers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CxX8n7NOWU
Blood Infactor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RirrfF0bORA
Agave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHg0tAlRUzQ
S&P2 Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMnFeIXvng
Nuclear Dust City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_cvWXxSpw
Sattelite Prison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5i2rlFy1o
G5 Boss Battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7rcvl7EQ8

The stage itself should be some sort of post-apocalyptic city with machines flying/walking and gunfire visible in the background. Lights everywhere with a lot of blue/grey coloring.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd prefer that we try to spread out the Pokemon representation away from Gen 1 and try to fill in the generation gaps if needed....

But anyways, I'm a bit to tired to shift through my S&P music list to see if there's anything I'd add to the music selection (will do tomorrow) but I will say that if I had to pick a stage for S&P it would certainly be that one stage from S&P1 where Airan is fighting the Volunteer army over the Sea of Japan. (What is that, level 3 or so?) It would be really cool in my opinion if that whole level was redone to make a stage. :V

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@Arcadenik:

Your Meowth idea is cool, but I would still prefer to see Mewtwo return.
Why can't we have both? :urg: I am starting to think that the reason there is little demand for Meowth is because the attention is turned to Mewtwo because he was removed. So if Mewtwo did came back along with the rest of the Forbidden Seven and we get no Sonic in Brawl, Meowth would probably get more demand.

I'd prefer that we try to spread out the Pokemon representation away from Gen 1 and try to fill in the generation gaps if needed....
Pieman, this argument is basically the same as saying "we need more females/villains/etc. for the sake of having more females/villains/etc.". People want characters, not labels/categories. You realize that the 1st gen is the most popular gen of all time, do you?

And besides what Pokemon from different gens could be playable?

1st gen - you have Pikachu, the starters, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Meowth
2nd gen - you have Pichu and the starters
3rd gen - you have Plusle & Minun, the starters, and Deoxys
4th gen - you have Lucario and the starters
5th gen - you have Zoroark and the starters (even though they aren't revealed yet)

So, what? We gonna have another Pokemon Trainer and another electric rodent who would end up a Pikachu clone anyway just to satisfy the "we need different gens" quota?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
like Ike, I think he'll be cut and another FE lord will take his place...
NEW RULE: Don't discuss any series before actually playing there games or at the very least doing a lot of research that's actually good and a qualified reason to back up not playing any yet.

But to explain Ike; He at first at the time of addition was like Roy but you have to note now that like how Marth has 3 games, Ike has 2. He's essentially the icon of American FE and players would be annoyed If they took him out.

To furthermore add onto that you have to consider how Roy was at least apparently considered at one point which shows that Sakurai has no problems with having 3 FE lords running around If there was to be a new FE game.

So let's see, he's still iconic to this day, iconic to the series more than any other lord that isn't Marth, has already been in Smash, what am I missing here?

And his games are awesome anyways. You all should play Radiant Dawn; I'm shocked a lot of you haven't since It's like one of the best games of the Wii.

Man I miss it when Arcadenik was the entertainment of this threa-
*Reads recent posts*

Oh god I hate pokemon discussions in this thread. I really do. Actually I now hate 90% of first-party discussion in this thread because it leads down to a barrel of repeating opinions and ignorance. + It ends out so boring anyways with a change of topics.

But really to clarify: While Meowth would be a cool/neat/etc addition the main point of it comes from "Why is he particularly vital to the series" Because let's face it; Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have Smash reputation and are about as important to the first generation and iconic; So Meowth getting his slot off of those is little-no hope, unless you're that desperate to believe that. If you are welcome to the lying to yourself barrel. Have a nice drink to go with it.

So let's see, 2 pokemon Meowth probably wouldn't get in over. Now we have to factor in the obvious Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer which brings our number to a giddy 4!

After that what do we have next? Well, I suppose there's still room for a fifth slot If say all of those were to get in. But wait, we forget about the 5th gen. Now then I'm not going to throw on "LOOOL ADVERTISE" Or "It's a different gen; we should have it" But instead more on how useful and productive that would be.

Let's see - Pokemon is a long going series; It's going to have over 500 pokemon unless the 5th gen somehow has only 7 or less pokemon. The time theory with "Evolving" Series has been proven in EVERY Smash game. Now that doesn't mean it would particularly happen here - But when the words "Every" pop out even with all the justifications like "PICHU WAS A CLONE OF PIKACHU" That STILL says something.

So next what do we have with this long going series? The fact that it isn't a wise choice to have Meowth in there considering there's absolutely nothing special he does over that 5th gen pokemon in terms of appealing.

...And that's with not even factoring Lucario, which as much as some of you may not like him, that's still certainly at least a slight possibility as well.

That being said, Meowth is still possible, just don't count your hopes high on it. Think of it like you said with Duck Hunt dog on having low hopes for.

...But the moveset is neat.

There we go. Taking Toise's place a bit as the thread douche. It's too uninteresting without one and I like to take my attempts and the fact that I'm the only person to have successfully broken the "Pieman circle"

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I realize that Gen 1 is the most popular, but only servicing it is like only giving Mario characters the the ability to get in because they are the most popular. And on top of that, only content from the highest selling Mario games would be let in, rather than anything slightly obscure, because people love that one game so much more. There is a point where less popular characters are let in y'know.

In regards to who would actually be let in, you listed some of them there, and they would work out well enough. The truth of the matter is that I think that more relivant Pokemon characters have the highest chance of making it through, and for now that's anything from the 2nd or 5th gen, though both of these could change given the amount of time that it takes Smash 4 to come out. If the PT's Pokemon had to get the axe, for newer staters, then that may just have to be the case though. Actually, that's the one thing you should probably hope for if you really think that there will be a new Gen 1 Pokemon.

But seriously, despite how much you love him, Meowth isn't really a blip on the radar when it comes to being playable. If this was the original Smash, or even Melee, sure there'd be a chance, but the time has moved on since then. The only reason a new Gen 1 Pokemon, that's not Mewtwo, would have any reason to come back into Smash is if Gen 1 got another remake, which is very unlikely at this point.

@Toise: What's a Pieman circle?

Oh, and you forgot to mention how Ike has pretty much followed in the footsteps of Captain Falcon, in terms of actual Smash fans latching on to him, rather than just fans of his series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thank you for your reply, Thirdkoopa.

So, I am thinking that Meowth could represent something that isn't represented in the Pokemon franchise - the anime. Let me explain why.

Pikachu is the mascot of the whole Pokemon franchise so we don't need any more Pokemon but we do. We know that the franchise comes in different media forms such as the games, the TV show, and the movies. The other characters could be representing these areas.

Pikachu represents the whole franchise because he is the mascot.
Pokemon Trainer represents the games because he is the protagonist.
Mewtwo / Lucario / Zoroark / etc. represent the movies because they are the featured Pokemon.
Jigglypuff represents nothing but she has Smash reputation like you said.

We don't have a character that could primarily represent the anime and Meowth is perfect for this. Meowth is the second-most recurring Pokemon (after Pikachu, of course) and is one of the main characters in the anime.

This and Meowth is also important to the first generation and is one of the few iconic Pokemon. So I think that should answer your question - why is he particularly vital to the series?

Also, what is Pieman circle? :p

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, provided there even is a Smash 4, I'd like the following:

-Lip, Waluigi (not hack), Count Bleck, Shake King, Midna and K. Rool. And for God's sakes put Tetra or Vaati to go with Toon Link if he returns!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@Toise: What's a Pieman circle?
I'll post a picture since that's much easier:

YOU THOUGHT I WAS TOISE
I'm already getting good at this : D

Oh, and you forgot to mention how Ike has pretty much followed in the footsteps of Captain Falcon, in terms of actual Smash fans latching on to him, rather than just fans of his series.
Vert true.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
This and Meowth is also important to the first generation and is one of the few iconic Pokemon. So I think that should answer your question - why is he particularly vital to the series?
Wow; I must say I'm impressed. I'm like the Toise but with more of an effect on people. :laugh:

Anyways for not saying anything on "Chances" in that entire post I will say this: With Pikachu appearing in at least every episode (Last I recall; Possibly a few where he doesn't) I don't quite see why we would need anyone else in particular to, especially since despite the anime ties It's kept more to video game ties, or else they'd probably find some way to put the theme song in.

But that's still a very new, non re-hashed point about Meowth. Kudos' to you.

Also, what is Pieman circle? :p
See my other post on this page; I made a pretty picture for pie.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think this applies to all the characters already playable in Smash games. Fire Emblem fans don't care for Roy but Smash fans do. Pokemon fans don't care for Jigglypuff but Smash fans do. Nobody cares about Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch but Smash fans do. This is why most people want to keep everyone from past games in the sequel.

@ ThirdKoopa

Also, you made me LOL with the Pieman circle picture. That made my day. :laugh:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know but I'm bored so I'm going to make an

Unreal Smash Roster

Essentially these are character that I like but have little to no chance of actually getting in. I'm just doing this for laughs.

MissingNo

As known as some as the “Greatest glitch of all time” he would certainly not be expected in Smash (Just like he was in Pokemon lol).

Fighting Style: Well he would appear as floating particles of chopped up data. His basic attacks would lashes of these data like tentacles and some techniques have “glitch effect”.

Special Moves

-B: Watergun: Just like Squirtles
-Up B: Sky Attack: Jumps up and down bombs in a flaming bird at a target
-Down B: Copy item: Depending on what items on the stage MN can copy it to appear next to him. This excludes items like Dragoon parts and golden hammers.
-Foreward B: Glitching touch: Causes him to flash but if someone touchs him while he does it will cause a temporary glitch effect.
-Final Smash: Glitch effect: It causes the screen (or area) to become de programmed and players in the field (exception of MN) would be slow and jerk (like being poison in pokemon) till it wears off.

Duck Hunt Dog

What’s the sad thing is a lot of people actually think he'll get in but it would finally give you a chance to show that mutt whose boss.

Fighting Style: He would move on all fours and his attacks would be mostly biting. He can also pick up items with his hand and place them in his mouth or sit up when using some items.

Special Moves
- B: Bark: This move doesn’t do much damage as it does knock back. It has a close range and is use to push an opponent away.
-Up B: Be the Duck: Basically Dog flaps his arms and flies at an angle just like the ducks.
-Down B: Dead Duck: He pulls out from behind him a dead duck which he can throw at opponents just like an item.
- Foreward B: Leaping pounce: This is when you leaps at the opponent and does a ground slam that knocks the victim into the air.
-Final Smash: Hunting: Dog just sits and laugh while you move a scroller around and try to shoot the enemies. Your given only three shots but their instant KO’s.

Error

I AM ERROR.

Captain N the Game Master

For those who do not know him, he was smash bros before smash bros. He’s a character from a cartoon where this boy gets suck into the videogame world and his NES controller and Blaster is his weapon to save the videogame world. I know they did some bad jobs of the characters but I liked the show.

Fighting Style: He would be a balanced character kinda like Mario. He can use his gun to pistol whip some attacks.

Special Moves
-B: Blaster: Fires a laser shot similar to Falco but instead of knock back it stops them in a stun and causes a slight de-materialize effect on them.
-Up B: Super Jump: Causes a recovery attack jump similar to Mario.
- Down B: Tetris Ice Block: He can shoot down to form and ice block shape as a tetris piece and can launch it across the ground at people shapes are random but the long piece would be rare and be like a move wall at the person (like Issac’s Hand). It slides across
-Foreward B: Running Dash: He makes a dashing move similar to fox’s shadow attack.
-Final Smash: Pause: The game freezes for a certain time and all the characters and stages stay in place. He can then move around and do damage to the enemies but it doesn’t cause knock back.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@ ThirdKoopa

Also, you made me LOL with the Pieman circle picture. That made my day. :laugh:
Thanks. I chuckled a few times too. :laugh:

Also despite me arguing meowth multiple times I actually recall me having him in my party on pokemon mystery dungeon. I've played through that game like 4 times; I'm very tempted to finish the playthrough I stuck on now. Just need to finish FF Tactics...

Also Buizel for pokeball. Now let's re innovate the Pokemon discussion more

How about a Pokeball roster?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here are the Pokeball Pokemon in Brawl.

Brawl 1st gen
1. Electrode
2. Goldeen
3. Meowth
4. Mew
5. Moltres
6. Snorlax
7. Staryu

Brawl 2nd gen
1. Bellossom
2. Celebi
3. Chikorita
4. Entei
5. Ho-oh
6. Lugia
7. Suicune
8. Togepi
9. Wobbuffet

Brawl 3rd gen
1. Deoxys
2. Gardevoir
3. Groudon
4. Gulpin
5. Jirachi
6. Kyogre
7. Latias & Latios
8. Metagross
9. Torchic

Brawl 4th gen
1. Bonsly
2. Manaphy
3. Munchlax
4. Piplup
5. Weavile

By the time SSB4 comes around, there will be 5 or maybe 6 generations out but for now, let's stick with 5 generations. How many Pokeball Pokemon should there be? I am thinking maybe 40 Pokemon - 8 Pokemon per generation. I think we can expect some of the Pokemon to be removed from Brawl and some new Pokemon will be added in SSB4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There we go. Taking Toise's place a bit as the thread douche. It's too uninteresting without one and I like to take my attempts and the fact that I'm the only person to have successfully broken the "Pieman circle"
There's only room for one douche in this thread. Besides, I like you.

As the others have asked, what is the Pieman circle exactly. I think I have an idea, but I want to see if I'm right.
EDIT: Nevermind.

Oh, and just to be off topic, I still want Kumatora for SSB4. I initially didn't visualize her like this, but I could really see her as something like C. Viper since they have similar moves.

Video for a possible playstyle.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
But to explain Ike; He at first at the time of addition was like Roy but you have to note now that like how Marth has 3 games, Ike has 2. He's essentially the icon of American FE and players would be annoyed If they took him out.
keep in mind that chaosmaster is from germany, which is most why he wants him out.
you think you can replace toise? by the way, where is he, at work somewhere far from a computer?
during my very first posts, i had vied to be the thread douche but i lost interest; ironically, i believe i entered a "pieman circle" in the time... HEY, that's not nice, at times, piedmon is quite logical. he is illogically logical, this logic is logic that is fragmented but nonetheless quite logical with the other pieces of the puzzle. these other pieces are pieces that you need to be aware of already... yeah i don't know what im talking about, im just saying... MissingNo for pokeball? Come on! even rarer than mew and celebi and jirachi and manaphy showing up in a pokeball combined! MissingNo, if he shows up, turn off the game before he disappears or else you no longer have your smash data... Ahhahaha... im joking. (someone else's thoughts "no august, i think you are on to something!") (kidding again):psycho:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
There's only room for one douche in this thread. Besides, I like you.

As the others have asked, what is the Pieman circle exactly. I think I have an idea, but I want to see if I'm right.
EDIT: Nevermind.

Oh, and just to be off topic, I still want Kumatora for SSB4. I initially didn't visualize her like this, but I could really see her as something like C. Viper since they have similar moves.

Video for a possible playstyle.
Hey hey I kid there; Well really I'm going to try to push this thread into a better direction along with the "Old group" Since you know, that direction was awesome

Now then I'll play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon while making replies.

As for Mother discussion I have a question - Did you get the chance to beat Mother 3 yet?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
mother 3 came out in ame-di-ca!? anyways, uh, kumatora

C. Vipers moves
pk fire kick?
pk thunder punch?
pk ground? yes
pk 'is that her form of' magnet
i didnt see c viper's super move in the video but she does learn pk starstorm, just saying.

imagine it was pk starstorm, everyone has it, why don't you?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Do you people miss me or something?

by the way, where is he, at work somewhere far from a computer?
I only post here when my "free time" is limited to my DS or the internet. My brother showed up with a copy of the new Pokemon and he's like "we're doin' it!" I haven't been interested in Pokemon in a decade but I'm enamored with this game. My posts right now would only be short enough to write in a single meal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Koops
Not until Spring Break. My college tracks what we download and such so I don't want any trouble.

mother 3 came out in ame-di-ca!? anyways, uh, kumatora

C. Vipers moves
pk fire kick?
pk thunder punch?
pk ground? yes
pk 'is that her form of' magnet
i didnt see c viper's super move in the video but she does learn pk starstorm, just saying.
That "PK Magnet" is actually a feint move she has for both her Seismic Punch and Thunder Knuckle. She has two, soon to be three, different Supers. Her formally named Super is her Thunder Knuckling, followed by a seismic punch, and then a flip Burning Kick, all in one move.

Her two Ultras are:
Burst Time
Burning Dance

For the required fourth special, I was thinking of PK Freeze, but more of as a projectile. In essence, you could think of her, Lucas, and Ness like this:
Ness: The least offensive of the three. Is also the slowest. PK Fire plays a large role. I could be wrong about this.
Lucas: A more combo based version of Ness with more emphasis on offense.
Kumatora: Virtually a glass canon. Can combo specials from various moves and all serve distinct uses. Has difficulty defending herself due to a lack of PK Magnet.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Koops, that implies that my views are always wrong, which simply isn't the case. I'm usually right after all. :p

Also...frick you're right, I did say Toise. Its just something that I would think he would say rather than you.

@Arc: True enough, but with Ike and Cap, its like the Smash fans have created a seperate personality for the character. Roy could also be considered to a smaller extent. Probably would have been closer if Roy was speaking English and making "I fight for my Friends" type lines.

But anyways, I'm worried about the Pokeball roster next game. Brawl's took a huge dive from Melee's, and that seems to be a mix of bad Pokemon decisions (focusing too much on "essential" types) as well as ATs getting the better attacks. Plus there seemed to be much lower chances to get legendaries, unless said legendaries were Latios/Latias.

EDIT: Wait, that TK method doesn't make sense. That's usually what makes it worse. Usually I stop when it just gets too repretative and large or the weekend comes and I'm too busy with other things, and by the time the weekend is over, its not worth getting back into.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
keep in mind that chaosmaster is from germany, which is most why he wants him out.
you think you can replace toise? by the way, where is he, at work somewhere far from a computer?
during my very first posts, i had vied to be the thread douche but i lost interest; ironically, i believe i entered a "pieman circle" in the time... HEY, that's not nice, at times, piedmon is quite logical. he is illogically logical, this logic is logic that is fragmented but nonetheless quite logical with the other pieces of the puzzle. these other pieces are pieces that you need to be aware of already... yeah i don't know what im talking about, im just saying... MissingNo for pokeball? Come on! even rarer than mew and celebi and jirachi and manaphy showing up in a pokeball combined! MissingNo, if he shows up, turn off the game before he disappears or else you no longer have your smash data... Ahhahaha... im joking. (someone else's thoughts "no august, i think you are on to something!") (kidding again):psycho:
Can you please do me a favor and try to work out the spelling there? Also could you work out your spacing and make it more...Readable?

and nope, not trying to replace him completely. I could never do that. I have different methods

Do you people miss me or something?

I only post here when my "free time" is limited to my DS or the internet. My brother showed up with a copy of the new Pokemon and he's like "we're doin' it!" I haven't been interested in Pokemon in a decade but I'm enamored with this game. My posts right now would only be short enough to write in a single meal.

Nice; I'm actually getting Pokemon SoulSilver thanks to a contest on a site :] I kinda miss you around but I also miss some of the old others.

@Koops
Not until Spring Break. My college tracks what we download and such so I don't want any trouble.
Find a way to get it off-campus?

Koops, that implies that my views are always wrong, which simply isn't the case. I'm usually right after all. :p
You didn't get what it's suppose to show; It's suppose to show how you end up misinterpreting things thus forcing a complete repeat each time or so.

And It's heavily amusing to watch. Also might I say the smiley didn't make that part any better?

Also...frick you're right, I did say Toise. Its just something that I would think he would say rather than you.
I am turning into the 2ndary douche of this thread...I...I...

I've never won anything like this in my life!

But anyways, I'm worried about the Pokeball roster next game. Brawl's took a huge dive from Melee's, and that seems to be a mix of bad Pokemon decisions (focusing too much on "essential" types) as well as ATs getting the better attacks. Plus there seemed to be much lower chances to get legendaries, unless said legendaries were Latios/Latias.
And with that said I'm off to make an amazing pokeball roster while playing PMD.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well I'm not taking myself all that seriously Koops. :p

But anyways, mah pokyballz pokymanz roster, disregarding Gen 5.....10 Pokemon from each gen.

Gen 1: Meowth, Snorlax, Staryu, Onix, Moltres, Mew, Blastoise, Goldeen, Zapdos, Dragonite

Gen 2: Scizor, Hitmontop, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Togepi, Wobbufett, Chikorita, Raikou

Gen 3: Blaziken, Jirachi, Metagross, Gardevoir, Latios/Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Swalot, Mudkip, Deoxys

Gen 4: Bonsley, Darkrai, Garchomp, Regigigas, Cranidos, Shaymin, Weavile, Manaphy, Magmortar, Vespiquen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom