• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bleh, I hate trial modes.

Anyways, I don't think its particularly crucial, especially as Smash generally doesn't take itself that seriously as a fighter. Quite frankly, if you're not checking the Dojo/some other Smash site or a veteran Smash fan, odds are that you're not the type of person who wants to put so much comitment into learning a more advanced technique.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like I said, it's a completely optional thing. At most, you'd get unlockables.

As for Smash not taking itself seriously as a fighter, that's up for debate thanks to things that both go for and against the competitive side of things.

For:
Tournament Mode
Training Mode (albeit useless right now)
Perfect Shielding (debatable)
MLG Picking Brawl Up (I believe it has to be done with Nintendo's approval)

Against:
Random outcomes on some moves
Random tripping
Low Hitstun
Sakurai's own contradictory (IMO) views on competition in general

Also, you may have someone who's completely unaware that tournaments and such do exist. Alternatively, you may have someone who has no idea where to look for this kind of thing.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The first two points aren't really evidence for Smash taking itself seriously as a fighter. I've never heard of the tournament mode actually being used in tournaments, and its really not indicative of it being competative. It can be used at a party really, and that's what it usually is done for.

As for training mode, its really just for screwing around with the characters, stages, and items, without needing to deal with a match format.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
The first two points aren't really evidence for Smash taking itself seriously as a fighter. I've never heard of the tournament mode actually being used in tournaments, and its really not indicative of it being competative. It can be used at a party really, and that's what it usually is done for.

As for training mode, its really just for screwing around with the characters, stages, and items, without needing to deal with a match format.
i played melee tournament in game crazy day before brawls release and lost with peach against dr. mario for spamming the turnips in lylat cruise in the semi finals. two tournaments were being held at the same time. the two victors were fox and falco. they had to fight again in brawl after brawl came out. the winner won a free Wii Zapper/w link's crossbow training. my point is that now you know of tournament mode in use through this story. (it kind of felt like a party with sweaty fox/falco nerds wavedashing all over the screen:laugh:)(the one thing i wish i had known back then was how to float cancel, now i do though, recently:ohwell:)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I have an intresting question, which I brought up in one of my vids on YT:

does anyone think that Stickers should be useable in Vs. mode in SSB4?

also, holy crap @ that Airman pic.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I hate "special" Vs. (they have it in Soul Calibur and it's really more annoying than it's worth). I give a hardy no to that one.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh? Special Melee/Brawl are seperate from regular modes, and you don't need to play them if you don't want to so what exactly if the problem? Do you want the stickers incorporated into the regular vs. mode? Do you just want to get rid of Special Melee/Brawl all together?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I like special modes especially for goofing off or just a change of scenery. What they should do though it make it individual specials so you could have one giant and one metal. I agree with pieman that if you don't like it then you don't have to play it.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Eh? Special Melee/Brawl are seperate from regular modes, and you don't need to play them if you don't want to so what exactly if the problem? Do you want the stickers incorporated into the regular vs. mode? Do you just want to get rid of Special Melee/Brawl all together?
I guess it comes in with the same thing as you feel about Trail. You can avoid but you don't see it as nessecary. And I meant the stereotypical "Special Vs" like in soul Calibur or Tekken. The Special we have in Smash is fine (though I only ever play stamina) but I do'nt want it infringing on regular vs.

@Joe

I'd like to see a summoning based smasher (Andy perhaps?).

Or we could have a trap character, we know how popular they've been lately...

...Or some Prop movesets. Those are always a good time.

PKTwister1

Smash Rookie
Can I post my roster? Well, here it is anyway. * = Unlockable

Mario:
Mario
Bowser *
Luigi *
Peach *
Paper Mario *
Bowser Jr. *

Kirby:
Kirby
King Dedede *
Meta Knight *

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Ganondorf *
Toon Link *
Zelda/Sheik *
Wolf Link and Midna *
Toon Zelda/Toon Tetra *

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff *
Red (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard) *
Lucario *
Deoxys (Attack/Defense/Speed) *
Zoroark *

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley *

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong *
King K. Rool *

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco *
Wolf *
Krystal *

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth *

WarioWare:
Wario
Waluigi *

Yoshi's Island:
Yoshi
Birdo *

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon *
Samurai Goroh *

Ice Climbers:
Ice Climbers *

Earthbound:
Lucas *
Ness *
Masked Man *

Game & Watch
Mr. Game & Watch *

Pikmin:
Olimar *

Animal Crossing:
Villager *

Kid Icarus:
Pit *

Nintendo:
R.O.B. *
Mii *

Metal Gear Solid:
Snake *
Gray Fox *

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Sonic *
Shadow *
Dr. Eggman *

Rayman:
Rabbid *

Chibi-Robo:
Chibi-Robo *

Scribblenauts:
Maxwell *

Custom Robo:
Ray MKIII *

Punch-Out!!:
Little Mac *

Megaman:
Megaman *

Make any edits you want.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess it comes in with the same thing as you feel about Trail. You can avoid but you don't see it as nessecary. And I meant the stereotypical "Special Vs" like in soul Calibur or Tekken. The Special we have in Smash is fine (though I only ever play stamina) but I do'nt want it infringing on regular vs.

@Joe

I'd like to see a summoning based smasher (Andy perhaps?).

Or we could have a trap character, we know how popular they've been lately...

...Or some Prop movesets. Those are always a good time.
Summoning? Like I've said before, it seems that something along the lines of Doronjo's moveset in TvC strikes me as a summoner type. However, I know it's been suggested that these summons fight like Paper Mario summons. My only concern though is how to implement this without being over powering. We've already seen the dangers of desynced Ice Climbers after all.

Trap character? You mean as in a zoning type?

Prop? Please do explain.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you want to get technical Capt. Olimar is a summoning character...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, if you want to get technical. One thing though that would have been nice is if you were able to pick which Pikmin you wanted to pull out instead of this random chance based on the stage terrain.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@PKTwister1
uh, waluigi isn't from warioware, don't list him there.
masked man... don't name him that, call him Claus.
why is rayman not listed with the raving rabbid? did you only play the rabbid party games?
i dislike the animal crossing in combat.
did you purposefully make all series have just one present at the start? unlocking characters is such a pain. (imagine shikamaru saying it - from naruto)

off topic... i want daisy playable, she'll be the fastest mario combatant and she will be in her striker outfit. (Crystal smash! will be her final smash, 3 jagged spikes going horizontally on each side, if a spike goes off the platform it just follows the platform) (by the way i don't want her kicking soccer balls) (fi you want then she is DLC... eh why not?)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
My problem with the trial mode isn't really the same. There are people who will legitimatly use the Special Vs modes, but I can't see the real point of the Trial mode that was proposed. Its not a matter of needing to or not needing to play it, but rather that I just don't understand who would benefit from the proposed trial mode, especially if intended for those who wish to be more competative with Smash but don't actually look around on websites to find out how. =/

@Twister:

You don't need to lock so many characters.... Anyways, you've got some basic things wrong here like Waluigi being part of Wario's series, and Birdo being part of Yoshi's series. Outside of that, you've got some pretty bleh choices, like Shadow, Eggman, Greyfox, Rabbid, Maxwell, Wolf Link/Midna, and some others who if I mention I may get a bit of flack by other people here.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
starphoenix, what up with the chibi quickman, you following in pieman's footsteps? go cooler, like my airman (although it was fairly difficult to find)

i have another idea. this is for people with siblings that play the same game in the same household. and use their own names. here's the idea:
target test. sometimes my brother and i cant remember who was the one to beat the record and we go into a feud, as well as multi-man. the idea is to have the game automatically save the video of the record in which you may only view it through the character select screen of target test or multi-man, that the clip also contains the name of the user above it. if you failed to put your username then that sucks.
this isn't a bad idea so don't jeer it.

edit - to go even further... i want the name entry to have an even more detailed spot in the game, like an area that views stats like records of mission mode completion, your own personal target test records in contrast to the actual records (no clip though)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My problem with the trial mode isn't really the same. There are people who will legitimatly use the Special Vs modes, but I can't see the real point of the Trial mode that was proposed. Its not a matter of needing to or not needing to play it, but rather that I just don't understand who would benefit from the proposed trial mode, especially if intended for those who wish to be more competative with Smash but don't actually look around on websites to find out how. =/
You can't always learn by looking up stuff. When I got into Street Fighter IV, its trial modes were crucial for breaking me in. I learned about which moves can be canceled into and from what and learned some very useful combos and some links despite how annoying they are to pull off. I learned all this by doing them, not reading about them and such. Could I have looked up the frame data? Yes, but it would have confused me at the time and turn me off the game.

Of course, I knew about SRK at the time, but this was still an excellent, albeit not perfect, way of getting me in. Another thing to note though, is that I learn best by doing and seeing so your results may vary.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
starphoenix, what up with the chibi quickman, you following in pieman's footsteps? go cooler, like my airman (although it was fairly difficult to find)

i have another idea. this is for people with siblings that play the same game in the same household. and use their own names. here's the idea:
target test. sometimes my brother and i cant remember who was the one to beat the record and we go into a feud, as well as multi-man. the idea is to have the game automatically save the video of the record in which you may only view it through the character select screen of target test or multi-man, that the clip also contains the name of the user above it. if you failed to put your username then that sucks.
this isn't a bad idea so don't jeer it.

edit - to go even further... i want the name entry to have an even more detailed spot in the game, like an area that views stats like records of mission mode completion, your own personal target test records in contrast to the actual records (no clip though)
Why not go ahead and extend this to online play? Have a ranking system available for this and other bonus stages? Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have the traditional high score for offline play like you see in the arcades.

EDIT: Sorry, I clicked submit post by accident, meant to edit it in with the last one.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Olimar should work so that you pull out one of every Pikmin. No double reds, just one of each type. With Pikmin 3 we are probably going to get new types so Olimar will get move changes.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
just curious, did the programmers even know that wavedashing even existed? cause wavedashing was removed from brawl, right? and this tutorial mode is supposed to have teached you how to do an advanced technique like wavedashing assuming it'll exist in the future? chain grabbing? float cancel? of course it'll teach you perfect cancel because it is meant to exist but the move that the programmers didn't intend to exist will also be in tutorial? how can that be?

EDIT... yes, online play is a must, that adds to the username statistics.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
just curious, did the programmers even know that wavedashing even existed? cause wavedashing was removed from brawl, right? and this tutorial mode is supposed to have teached you how to do an advanced technique like wavedashing assuming it'll exist in the future? chain grabbing? float cancel? of course it'll teach you perfect cancel because it is meant to exist but the move that the programmers didn't intend to exist will also be in tutorial? how can that be?
As SmashChu said, they were aware of it, but didn't do anything because they didn't think it would matter in the end.

Even if they didn't intend for them to exist, then can always be made official and may become easier to pull off.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AscendedGlitch

I also noted this in Brawl-: I was Wavedashing successfully for the first time with Fox and noticed that the input for wavedashing is just QCF/B+Shield after a short jump.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
anyways, lets talk about more Downloadable Content.

Costumes?
-strikers charged outfit for mario chars, not for peach so she can still float
-shadow, dark spine sonic, knight outfit for sonic
-Funky Kong for DK
Characters?
-Daisy, Geno?, Slime?, (ive got a bad feeling about this so DLC chars not allowed in WiFi connection)
Stages?
-smash1 stages
-Melee stages
-original made by nintendo stages
-expertly made by freelance computer designers accepted by Nintendo
-stage builder upgrades (where nintendo wants to make more parts that weren't already available in the SB upgrades unlockables)
Music?
-Free music, yay!
Game Patches?
-whatever
should some be free and others you pay for? should you pay for them like you pay for trophies in melee only the setting is through online? should they all be free?

jeez, i sound like the moderator, speaking of which, does samurai panda even post anymore?

- means i edited here

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Summoning? Like I've said before, it seems that something along the lines of Doronjo's moveset in TvC strikes me as a summoner type. However, I know it's been suggested that these summons fight like Paper Mario summons. My only concern though is how to implement this without being over powering. We've already seen the dangers of desynced Ice Climbers after all.

Trap character? You mean as in a zoning type?

Prop? Please do explain.
For summoning I was thinking of someone with weak physcial traits that acts through using summons...I don't know Doronjo. I can see someone like Andy fighting as a human and summoning various mechs from his game. The effect would be different from the Ice climbers because I see the summons as independent AI units...the only problem is how to set the AI to be realistic and not over/under powered.

The other two were jokes from MYM.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For summoning I was thinking of someone with weak physcial traits that acts through using summons...I don't know Doronjo. I can see someone like Andy fighting as a human and summoning various mechs from his game. The effect would be different from the Ice climbers because I see the summons as independent AI units...the only problem is how to set the AI to be realistic and not over/under powered.

It sounds a bit like Doronjo.

She uses her lackeys Tonzura and Boyacky for her specials. While these specials are active, she pretty much has freedom to do other attacks as well.

QCF+Attack Button
• Boyacky Pummel (Aidzuwakamatsuken) •
Makes Boyacky (the guy in green) pop up and start running at your enemy and trying to punch them multiple times. The strength of the button you press determines the range, start up time and the number of hits.

This is a really effective attack when your opponent is in the corner and since the hit box is so big, sometimes as anti air. After landing it in the corner, you can follow up with an air combo.

Shoryuken Motion+Attack
• Boyacky's Bomb Tree (Buta Moodaterya) •
Boyacky presses a button on his remote control and an exploding palm tree pops up. If it lands your enemy will be blasted up into the air where you can juggle them for additional damage.

This is a good pressure tool and it can even be used in combos. You also should be safe from counter attacks if it's blocked.

Light attack makes the palm tree appear on the left side of the screen, Medium in the middle and Hard to the right. The positions do not change even if you switch sides with the other player.

QCB+Attack Button (Can also be performed in the air)
• Tonzura Boulder Toss (Muhou Ishi) •
Tonzura (dude in purple) hops out and tosses a boulder, which comes out surprisingly quick and does nice damage. A good spacing move, but you can miss your opponent if you use the Hard version from close range.

The strength of the button controls how much the boulder arcs when it's tossed. Hard has the most arc, Light the least.

Backwards Shoryuken Motion+Attack Button
• Tonzura Grab (Naniwa Clutch) •
Tonzura pops out of the floor and attempts to grab your opponent so you can beat them up. A pretty good move as you can follow up and combo them if you're fast.

Light attacks make Tonzura appear on the left side of the screen, Medium in the middle and Hard to the right. The positions do not change even if you switch sides with the other player.

Backwards Shoryuken Motion+Attack Button (In the air)
• Tonzura Sky Drop •
Makes Tonzura drop from the sky with a rock and attempt to clobber your enemy. You can combo into this move too.

The button pressed controls the position he falls from. Light is the left screen, Medium is the middle and Hard is to the right, again the positions do not change even if you switch sides with the other fighter.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
anyways, lets talk about more Downloadable Content.

Costumes?
-strikers charged outfit for mario chars, not for peach so she can still float
-shadow, dark spine sonic, knight outfit for sonic
-Funky Kong for DK
Characters?
-Daisy, Geno?, Slime?, (ive got a bad feeling about this so DLC chars not allowed in WiFi connection)
Stages?
-smash1 stages
-Melee stages
-original made by nintendo stages
-expertly made by freelance computer designers accepted by Nintendo
-stage builder upgrades (where nintendo wants to make more parts that weren't already available in the SB upgrades unlockables)
Music?
-Free music, yay!
Game Patches?
-whatever
should some be free and others you pay for? should you pay for them like you pay for trophies in melee only the setting is through online? should they all be free?

jeez, i sound like the moderator, speaking of which, does samurai panda even post anymore?

- means i edited here
...No DLC characters online? You're joking right? Heck, its pretty much a joke when you think that there will be characters released via DLC, and odds are best that any DLC released will be already there on the disk and just charged. Really, you shouldn't plan DLC before the game is done. You plan DLC after. Otherwise its just a cheap way to get money, 95% of the time. Especially the past stage decision.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
For summoning I was thinking of someone with weak physcial traits that acts through using summons...
I'm pretty sure Tingle does exactly that in his games, or at least the first one.

@DLC: Nintendo generally doesn't like doing DLC, at least not something paid or major. In fact the closest thing to DLC they do would be Mario Kart tournaments, Brawl's custom stages/etc., event Pokemon, and my personal favorite the weekly Layton puzzle.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
alrighty then, possible free dlc after ssb4 is released.

costumes...

expertly made complete stages by freelance computer designers accepted by Nintendo some time after the game was released. (just curious, does anyone even know what this means? it means stages like spear pillar will be made and not the crummy ordinary stage builder stages you can download from smashboards or elsewhere. that or that they make the stages on their own and release it on smashboards, BUT, how will they know the coding? thats why they get approval by nintendo and that they are allowed to use their engine to make the stage.)

and yeah @pie
that was bait, and you were the fish (from the beginning).
the past stage thing... im only following a criteria. past stage is brawl not melee or classic (according to me, hey just following what i noticed from past stages, and past stages melee form melee and brawl respectively) and the whole dlc thing is so, WAIT i just want to make this clear so im going to make it big...
and the whole DLC thing is so the file size won't be large the file will be brought up not through the disk, but through the SD Card or the Hard Drive
so... is someone going to release the hounds on me? common there is a red X on my ***!
(sorry, i had too much sugar, pardon my french; i have gotten too bored with my lifestyle that i needed chaos to shift currents into whirlpools of mayhem, i won't do it again)

"i can see no one will know future's destiny"

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm pretty sure Tingle does exactly that in his games, or at least the first one.

@DLC: Nintendo generally doesn't like doing DLC, at least not something paid or major. In fact the closest thing to DLC they do would be Mario Kart tournaments, Brawl's custom stages/etc., event Pokemon, and my personal favorite the weekly Layton puzzle.
Hmm. Well if the Andy idea were to fall through, I could deal with Tingle being my summoner...though what exactly does Tingle summon?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
....Bait for what? Seriously August, you should just know when to stay quiet with these sort of things.
Also proof read a bit more.

Its not a matter of file size, since most of us already assume that Smash 4 will be for a different system and that said system will probably fix the hard drive issue. What the problem is, is that what you're suggesting would almost certainly turn into one of the hundreds of other DLC scams. While Nintendo has been very hesitant when it comes to DLC, and so far I think most of it has been free when it comes directly from them, I still wouldn't put it past them charging us big time if they had all those suggestions. Heck, even with most fighting games that have DLC, it never makes it all the way to a downloadable character, or even stages. Usually its just costume junk that was already on the disk, and probably stage builder pieces as well. While I won't deny that DLC will probably show up in the next Smash game, it probably won't be nearly as much people are hoping for, and quite frankly that may be good, since it probably will mean less costs/no charge.

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
List of bosses from (almost) every series that i think shoud be in SSB4

Mario series: Giga (or Dry?) Bowser and possibly Count Bleck.
Zelda Series: Beast Ganon and/or Dark Link
Kirby series: Kracko and/or Nightmare
Metroid series: Dark samus and/or Omega Ridley

List of normal charcaters i want in ssb4:

Bowser Jr.
Another Metroid bounty hunter such as Sylux or Rundas
Toon Zelda (they have a Toon Link, so why not?)
Another knight from the kirby series such as Galactia knight or sword knight.
Masterchief

Characters I DON'T wanna see in ssb4:

Any new sonic characters.
Megaman
Ridley (he would pwn everyone else and would be overused)
Not too many third-party characters, it would ruin Brawl.

And lastly, they should definitly update the Wi-fi and fix it up.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

I we were going to have a "summon" character, then Andy would be the best choice.

Don't forget the furniture and what not they send you in Animal Crossing.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Nintendo went with DLC in a future Smash edition, the only real extent I foresee is them expanding on the musical tracks. Adding an original Nintendo/Select 3rd party musical CD that you can download onto an SD card (or hardrive if Nintendo's then latest console supports such) and could play off said device onto whichever stage the player assigns. At the end of each stage's "My Music" catalog they could have a bar that reads "Add Music", from there it could take you to a screen where you can access each track from a menu. So if you received the DLC track "Stone Tower Temple - Majora's Mask", you could go in and assign it to say Bridge of Eldin (or a stage like Hanenbow, if your feeling saucy) and set the frequency and all that jazz.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
bait for a fireShark, man, you will never understand the mind of a psychopath.:psycho:
besides, you are comparing nintendo to microsoft (who clearly does what you said). a keyword in your sentence is assume. scam what scam? in my repost i said and quote..."possible free dlc after ssb4 is released." all of these words tie in.
-possible )) this only implies the possibilities that nintendo could do with dlc
-free )) get it? it's free!!! yay free!
-dlc )) content that has not been made yet, it was being made after fan demand from polls this is the stuff of real so we won't need to hack our wiis. and as for the microtransactions we have witnessed on other consoles, where we get ideas like it was already on the cd... let me put you straight, Microsoft forced them to when they wanted to release it either on the disc or free but they were bullied. does nintendo look like a bully? we get to play online for free but microsoft has you pay monthly subscriptions for that right. (woah)
-after )) after the game is released
-ssb4 )) Super Smash Brothers Brawl 2 or Super Smash Brothers 4 or what ever
-is )) ..... well if you must know, is is a linking verb
-released )) ties in with -after ))

you know i knew i would get you talking about it, i know when to stay quiet i intentionally knew what was coming to me. it's the whirlpools of mayhem, baby (some call it the pieman circle... shhhh.)

query: what happened to my user picture? it's gone... oh well i'll just upload it again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dude, please write your posts more coherently and better organized. It's a pain to read your posts.

In regards to DLC, it's a very tough decision because of the nature of fighting games. One thing that Nintendo could do is to do an updated rerelease ala SSFIV because the large amount of changes may not be small enough to do DLC.

One of the main problems with DLC is that it can easily divide the player base with radical additions such as characters. At most, I'd rather just see bi-annual patches to the character balances and removal of major glitches.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
initially it was meant for the pie. organizing my posts is extremely difficult when i am hyped up on sweets (really almost all the time) furthermore, as it is true that i don't fall asleep easily, i must continue to think the truly randomness that is within my cranium before i get tired of relative nothingness and not even notice that i had fallen asleep; with this said, it is the same with posting these posts. (most aquarians have the trait of the sleepy thing i said above: exempli gratia ellen degeneres)

i've gotten bored of it already... is there anything new left to even talk about that hasn't been said by at least one person? seriously, page 2090?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom