• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
If we were to double Brawl's roster, who would be added in SSB5? Also, MOTHER and Kid Icarus already had decent fanbases, with MOTHER having one of the most vocal fanbases ever.

For a long time, people have demanded a Kid Icarus sequel and we may see that on the Wii. As for a MOTHER DS/Wii, fans are more concerned about getting MOTHER 1 and 3 over here more than anything else. Ever since MOTHER 3 came out, even people outside the fanbase has demanded that Nintendo stop being stupid and bring the game over already.

I swear, do you think your posts over when you post? And don't even try to insult me. All that does is make you look childish, which may be a strong word.
wow i said that was a personal opinion on mother, read. kid iccarus fan base has grown larger then m0ther recently. on the ign board for e3, every one woundered what about kid iccarus not mother those who did wanted a mother screams were drounded out from KI fans.
plus KI would make more of a profit probably.

wizzard we get it tingle for ssb4, his first game made a semi decent profit, but his club n game hasnt. people think tingle should be a last priority to 2ndary villians and a few others.
oh yah ssb5, hmm idk origonal char following ssb4, or a nintendo vs 3rd party

i swear kuma you cant accept any one elses ideas except your own.
have a nice say =)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
wow i said that was a personal opinion on mother, read. kid iccarus fan base has grown larger then m0ther recently. on the ign board for e3, every one woundered what about kid iccarus not mother those who did wanted a mother screams were drounded out from KI fans.
plus KI would make more of a profit probably.

wizzard we get it tingle for ssb4, his first game made a semi decent profit, but his club n game hasnt. people think tingle should be a last priority to 2ndary villians and a few others.
oh yah ssb5, hmm idk origonal char following ssb4, or a nintendo vs 3rd party

i swear kuma you cant accept any one elses ideas except your own.
have a nice say =)
There are two reasons why Kid Icarus was wanted at E3 and not MOTHER:

1. It has been rumored to exist for years.
2. The MOTHER series is over and there will likely not be a sequel unless they pull a Final Fantasy.

I see where you are speaking your opinion, but at least one of your statements is incredibly presumptuous: People not wanting MOTHER on the DS/Wii.

Anyway, what makes you say that I cannot accept anyone else's ideas but mine? Is it the whole Krystal thing?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
KI popularity only grew last year so its a year not years.
i didnt say fans didnt want another mother, i said ppl wanted to see KI more.

that and the fact u quistioned that we should add as many char we can in ssb4

eh ill never understand games have the saying a story over time. i mean changing characters and plot. i can handle fe only becase they dont have 3 different FF having nothing to do with 1 another. i miss cloud and every body(your refrance to ff)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
KI popularity only grew last year so its a year not years.
i didnt say fans didnt want another mother, i said ppl wanted to see KI more.
Not to just suddenly jump in here, but uh...
Couldn't it also be possible that KI has jumped in popularity because his existence in Smash has just been started, whereas the existence of someone representing the Mother games has been there since the start of Smash itself? I mean, it would make sense wouldn't it? Hype dies as pleas go unanswered, and the asking for Mother has probably gone on for some years. I'd also say it has something to do with the view of the casual player (anything spammable that works on your other casual buddies = good) as compared to the view of the competitive player (anything spammable tends to be an annoyance and we'll generally kick your *** if you use it).

Oh, and something to note: Ness and Lucas aren't actually all that spammable. With the exception of maybe Ness's Fair or Lucas's side-b in certain match-ups, you probably won't see many Ness or Lucas players spamming much of anything (or so I'd hope...it's been a while since I've seen anyone use them).

eh ill never understand games have the saying a story over time. i mean changing characters and plot. i can handle fe only becase they dont have 3 different FF having nothing to do with 1 another. i miss cloud and every body(your refrance to ff)
...obviously you don't know the past of FE, or don't care about the five that came out in Japan prior to the introduction of Roy. Iirc, none of them carried over the same characters or plot.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
btw i think jiggily should be replaced with mschavious, gardivior and ...um i think rosalia
Who is mschavious?
Whilst I like Roeslia (although Roserade is cooler) I'm not a fan of Gardevoir, and I don't see any reason why Jigglypuff should be replaced for a less popular Pokemon such as Gardevoir.

Unless of course your popularity of Gardevoir comes from having safe search off and looking at pictures of it on Google Images :ohwell:?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The girl in that image looks more like a Zora than Midna in my opinion, but I can definitely see the resemblance between the two.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Sorry I havent been on. My bag was stolen off the sidewalk with my wallet and laptop in it. I really hate Atlanta.

I probably won't be on much anymore for awhile.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wow, you need to be more observant and watch out for your stuff. Or was it snatched away from you?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The guy apparently was waiting for his chance to steal it while I wasn't looking, while in his car. There were other people nearby and they just watched it all happen.

So I guess I will get no sympathy from you, huh, Turbo? Thanks for the constructive criticism anyway

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Sorry, Heartz. I'd be upset too, even though my laptop is a piece of sh*t.

Anyway, the girl in the picture looks a bit like a ghost. Ghost of a Zora, perhaps?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That sucks Heartz. Hopefully you'll find who stole it, and get it back.
Hehehe it was me *evil laugh*
:p.

I doubt this new character has a chance at getting in SSB4 unless they become really important or popular, as someone as popular as Midna didn't get in SSBB, and I'm guessing the Midna fanboys will rage against her if she is Link's helper for the new game.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The guy apparently was waiting for his chance to steal it while I wasn't looking, while in his car. There were other people nearby and they just watched it all happen.

So I guess I will get no sympathy from you, huh, Turbo? Thanks for the constructive criticism anyway
I can spare a bit of sympathy for you. It's pretty awful that this happened to you. At the same time, it's not suprising that no one bothered to try to stop the guy. People tend to only lookout for themselves.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sorry, Heartz. I'd be upset too, even though my laptop is a piece of sh*t.

Anyway, the girl in the picture looks a bit like a ghost. Ghost of a Zora, perhaps?
Many think it is the ghost of the master sword, and that she is the master sword. Look at her legs and the gem on her chest. It resembles the masterswords textures.

Anyway, what I want in the new zelda (it may seem off topic, but afterwards, you will see that it is really on topic.)

1. Be like Majora's Mask as in dark and many NPC interactions, but different in the area of time (no 3 day limit).
2.No tingle, and if he is there. Let me kill him.
3. Harder gameplay.
4. More uses for items instead of the one dungeon they are needed in.
5. Have Midna Return as a minor cameo character. Make her like a sexy witch in a swamp who has a pet wolf Companion that Link has to go talk to. Maybe have a quest or something.

And with number 5, Wolf Link and Midna would be a viable option for SSB4 again. Even with the cameo and different part of the story, people would go back to her most iconic role instead of using the new one.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
No, then we'd have Wolf Link as a playable character in what isn't the most recent Zelda game and a cameo in another. Say what you want about Wolf Link being cool or whatever, but there are better options for a new Zelda representative.

Also, Zelda just isn't Zelda without Tingle.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No, then we'd have Wolf Link as a playable character in what isn't the most recent Zelda game and a cameo in another. Say what you want about Wolf Link being cool or whatever, but there are better options for a new Zelda representative.

Tingle is not the better option. He never will be.
Zelda is Zelda without Tingle. It is more fun, not as aggravating (Tri-force map quest) and not as silly.

Wolf Link tied to Link as a transformation (Zero Suit Samus style) would work great.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
seriously

less ridiculous version btw:

ppl be saying its the master swords spirit.
Who is mschavious?
Whilst I like Roeslia (although Roserade is cooler) I'm not a fan of Gardevoir, and I don't see any reason why Jigglypuff should be replaced for a less popular Pokemon such as Gardevoir.

Unless of course your popularity of Gardevoir comes from having safe search off and looking at pictures of it on Google Images :ohwell:?
no jiggily being with a PT im saying let her be hew own. mischavious(idk if im spelling it right) is a blue small ghost, and is cute which goes good for the FPT. i dont have pic im on wii(no copy paste)

recent char! how recent is sheik, pit, rob, and TINGLE. i promote WL being a transformable char from link.
zelda before tingle, hmm a multi billion dollar selling franchise appealing to hard core and casual gamers. the game before tingle was a perfect 10.0. recent games that dont have tingle in, are awsome. and scored high and gave everything people asked for.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
zelda before tingle, hmm a multi billion dollar selling franchise appealing to hard core and casual gamers. the game before tingle was a perfect 10.0. recent games that dont have tingle in, are awsome. and scored high and gave everything people asked for.
Do you have a source for this? Or is it all based off of personal opinion? Besides, how good games are has no bearing on whether characters get in. We got Sonic, didn't we?

Also, drag0nscythe, I think I'll give on Tingle. I still think that he's the best option for a new Zelda rep and he's a good option, and I would love to see him in Smash, but I'll accept that he has a probable chance of not getting in because of his lack of popularity in America.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a source for this? Or is it all based off of personal opinion? Besides, how good games are has no bearing on whether characters get in. We got Sonic, didn't we?
its obvious adding all the games profit it makes over a billion

its kinda obvious that it appeals to both types.
it kinda douse affect a game with a plot, puzzels...etc. how would mario be without yoshi in super mario. zelda without link.
ssb is a random fighting game nothing like a game based off 1 franchise,

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
More Stuff I Want In SSB4

1) no random tripping
2) no masterpieces
3) better wi-fi
4) continues in 1-P modes that only require a deduction in score (if you have no points, then there is no deduction)
5) no increase in overall difficulty
6) Multi-Man Battles in Multiplayer
7) better Stage Builder (including backrounds, spectators, platforms for fighters like Pokemon Trainer, and other cosmetic options (but it will also have options affecting gameplay))
8) less repetitive Adventure Mode
9) customizable Classic Mode trials (you create a series of levels, choosing opponents, partners, stages, battle types, bonus levels, enemies, bosses, and other stuff (oh, and the ability to share your Classic Mode trial creations with other players over Wi-Fi)
10) having characters join you in Adventure Mode as a way of unlocking them
11) Resetti as an Assist Trophy character
12) tether recovery move to be able to attach to walls, not just ledges
13) on-screen entrances (not the kinds from Melee) for characters

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I feel the Mario and Luigi series has earned some rep, and I think if it wereto have a rep this guy would be a shoe in for it.

* "I HAVE FURY!"

* "I am the great Cackletta's most best pupil, who is named Fawful! I am here, laughing at you! If you are giving us the chase, just to get your silly princess's voice, then you are idiots of foolishness! Princess Peach's sweet voice will soon be the bread that makes the sandwich of Cackletta's desires! And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!"

* "Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!"

* "ONE FELL SWOOP IS THE WAY I WILL DEAL WITH YOU FINK-RATS"
Fawful is a great addition to SSB4

Would you care to explain his specials and Final Smash, please?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Because they have been in for two games now, they are good as retro characters and they are viable in tournaments. There would be a backlash at their removal, and it's likely that Sakurai won't cut original characters anymore, seeing how many people were disappointed at the many Melee cuts.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
New Idea for SSB4

Here's an idea:

If a fighter eats too much food, then that fighter will fatten up, making the character slower and heavier, but take less damage. And they would sink in water while chubby. And the effects would wear off in about 10 seconds.

I just hope this reply won't offend enough people to get me in trouble, and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anybody, and I guess I wasn't thinking straight.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Here's an idea:

If a fighter eats too much food, then that fighter will fatten up, making the character slower and heavier, but take less damage. And they would sink in water while chubby. And the effects would wear off in about 10 seconds.

I just hope this reply won't offend enough people to get me in trouble, and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anybody, and I guess I wasn't thinking straight.
Metal Slug.
I knew that one.

I say make it health items in general. The more of a health item thief you are , the slower you get.

bleyva

Smash Ace
Because they have been in for two games now, they are good as retro characters and they are viable in tournaments. There would be a backlash at their removal, and it's likely that Sakurai won't cut original characters anymore, seeing how many people were disappointed at the many Melee cuts.
good sir, i scoff at your belief that sakurai actually cares whether or not he upsets his fans

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
In SSB4, do you think that Wario's Up Special should be his Wario Waft (which invovles holding the B button and Up on the Control Stick, which charges the Waft's power)? And if so, do you have any ideas on what his new Down Special should be? You can respond whether your opinion is yes or no.

Why do many people hate R.O.B. so much? Why do people think Ridley wouldn't think he's "cool" if he shrunk a bit? I think he would be just as popular if he was the same size as Samus or another character similarly sized.

Don't get me wrong on this next question, I think Tom Nook is cool, but how would he fit into Smash 4 as a playable character ( and please post your ideas for his Specials and FS if you have any thoughts)?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
lets leave wario alone,

idk rob was viable and if it wernt for him the nes would've been a failure.(rob with a visual boy alt) why shrink ridley, the same reason they shrinked bowser and made GW bigger.

tom nook would be good they made a viable move set for jiggily and ice climbers they can do the same for tom

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
lets leave wario alone,

idk rob was viable and if it wernt for him the nes would've been a failure.(rob with a visual boy alt) why shrink ridley, the same reason they shrinked bowser and made GW bigger.

tom nook would be good they made a viable move set for jiggily and ice climbers they can do the same for tom
Mario the Jumpman:

About the Ridley part, I asked why some people would think shrinking Ridley would make him less ferocious. I think he should shrink like bowser did.

Good idea to avoid modifying Wario. He deserves to be in Smash.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Pokemon Franchise: Red/Pokemon Trainer (uses Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), Lucario, May/Pokemon Rival (uses Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Sableye) and the Grovyle from the 4th gen Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games

I am thinking I should remove Grovyle from my wishlist.

Also, here are some alternate costume ideas for the characters:

Mario: Dr. Mario

Luigi: Mr. L (3-D version)

Wario: Same from Brawl

Link: his rancher outfit worn at the beginning of Twilight Princess

One more thing: Would someone please comment on my selection of characters I want in Smash Bros. 4 (only the one listed under my wanted characters list and not the list of ones that I don't want. I already have enough comments on the list of one I don't want and not enough on the ones I want)? Thank you for your time.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Huhh. Tekken, King of Fighters 2003 and..... DOA2?

I like the idea, but I would like standard there also. This would be a good extra mode. Like an option in a tag battle menu.
In theory, the idea could be good, but what if P1 is the better player than all 3 of the others, and P2 is either too dumb to know how to tag out or too malicious to care? And not to mention SSB isn't turn-based and doesn't have simultaneous turns.

Maybe it's still a good idea, but I'd rather have my multi-character mode anyway. Then players would each have multiple characters to duke it out with.
I guess I should've been more clear. I wasn't proposing that this replace Team Battle, just that it be another option.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
In SSB4, do you think that Wario's Up Special should be his Wario Waft (which invovles holding the B button and Up on the Control Stick, which charges the Waft's power)? And if so, do you have any ideas on what his new Down Special should be? You can respond whether your opinion is yes or no.
Personally, I love the placing of the Wario Waft, and I feel as though it shouldn't change. I mean, not that it wouldn't make for a good up-b, but the idea of charging up a fart instead of just waiting until you've got a nice and juicy one sort of loses me, and definitely doesn't seem as comedic.

Why do many people hate R.O.B. so much? Why do people think Ridley wouldn't think he's "cool" if he shrunk a bit? I think he would be just as popular if he was the same size as Samus or another character similarly sized.
I know at least speaking from my own opinion, I like the fact that they put R.O.B. in the game, but I hate using him. He's just so boring. D:

And no, Ridley wouldn't be as cool if he shrunk. Heck, Ridley wouldn't even really be Ridley if he shrunk. The difference between shrinking him and shrinking Bowser really can't even be compared, because the magnitude at which they'd have to make the shrink is just too large to handle. Bowser, on average, probably comes out to be maybe two times as tall as Mario and just much fatter; so all they really have to do is shrink him down a decent amount (yet still keep him bigger than Mario, who is short...which is the true reason why they could add him in so easily) and BAM! he's playable. Ridley, however, is like what? 3 to 10 times the size of Samus, depending on the game? That's a MUCH larger magnitude to shrink the character down from, especially considering the fact that they'd have to keep Ridley taller than Samus; who is already pretty dang tall in the Smash series. And they have all the different things that he has on his body, which would be hard to incorporate in and keep them all at reasonable dimensions (like his tail, for instance, which is long as hell). Plus, if you've ever played a Metroid game, then you'd probably know that Ridley hardly, if ever, touches ground. I find it hard to put a character on the ground when he has never even touched it in his own series.

tl;dr: Ridley's got too much **** going on about him to be a good to shrink down.

Don't get me wrong on this next question, I think Tom Nook is cool, but how would he fit into Smash 4 as a playable character ( and please post your ideas for his Specials and FS if you have any thoughts)?
I actually think Tom Nook would be kinda cool, although I have no idea what he'd do. Uhhh...maybe...something to do with debt? XD

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
And no, Ridley wouldn't be as cool if he shrunk. Heck, Ridley wouldn't even really be Ridley if he shrunk. The difference between shrinking him and shrinking Bowser really can't even be compared, because the magnitude at which they'd have to make the shrink is just too large to handle. Bowser, on average, probably comes out to be maybe two times as tall as Mario and just much fatter; so all they really have to do is shrink him down a decent amount (yet still keep him bigger than Mario, who is short...which is the true reason why they could add him in so easily) and BAM! he's playable. Ridley, however, is like what? 3 to 10 times the size of Samus, depending on the game? That's a MUCH larger magnitude to shrink the character down from, especially considering the fact that they'd have to keep Ridley taller than Samus; who is already pretty dang tall in the Smash series. And they have all the different things that he has on his body, which would be hard to incorporate in and keep them all at reasonable dimensions (like his tail, for instance, which is long as hell). Plus, if you've ever played a Metroid game, then you'd probably know that Ridley hardly, if ever, touches ground. I find it hard to put a character on the ground when he has never even touched it in his own series.

tl;dr: Ridley's got too much **** going on about him to be a good to shrink down.
I hate it when people use Ridley's size as an excuse to not include him. Hate it hate it hate it. Olimar was the size of a quarter in his game, and proportions between characters don't matter: look at Pikachu and Mewtwo in Melee. Canonically Mewtwo should be much larger than Pikachu. Also, Ridley coud easily be of a large size if he's hunched over on the ground, and he spreads his wings into the background in the air. Besides, why does Ridley looking stupid or whatever matter? Clearly Ridley gets a massive amount of support from people who don't mind his size, and I doubt that you Ridley haters would have the entire roster ruined by a smaller Ridley. And once you pass that, there's the matter of Ridley being the most significant character in Metroid other than Samus herself, including that harlot ZSS. Ridley is the reason Samus's parents were murdered, and the reason Samus became a bounty hunter in the first place. Ridley is the character who has been included in 7 Metroid games, 8 if you count the upcoming Metroid: Other M. Ridley is the character who is associated with epic battles, epic music and huge storyline significance. Ridley should have been in since Melee, and his size is a completely ridiculous and arbitrary argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom