• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I want Isaac specifically, but I'm open for whoever the new DS hero is, as far as SSB4 representation goes.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No there isn't, it already has been stated in the game's official profile that the descendants of the previous game's heroes will be the ones saving the day.

Golden Sun™ DS: After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes’ descendants and immerses players into the magic of its adventure by pushing the boundaries of intuitive touch-screen controls. Golden Sun DS is playable on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems.
New GS hero with Isaac costume.
Case closed then.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
No there isn't, it already has been stated in the game's official profile that the descendants of the previous game's heroes will be the ones saving the day.

Golden Sun™ DS: After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes’ descendants and immerses players into the magic of its adventure by pushing the boundaries of intuitive touch-screen controls. Golden Sun DS is playable on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems.
Truly? I'm sorry, I didn't watch the trailer/read the description. I guess I shouldn't judge things without reading up. :ohwell:

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
we cant tell who the protagonist till we have more info.
all we saw was a boy runnning a girl who looks like alex summon a wave....etc

drago case not closed. its either issac felix or new if it is new GS hero. maby 2 of the 3

MINI MARIO AS AT >=D

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What can we expect from a potential SSB4 after todays E3?

Mario Galaxy stage will be a 100% guarantee.
Golden Sun representation is more than likely a lock.
Metroid BETTER get another rep now!!!
Toad could make a comeback.
Sin and Punishment representation is more likely now.
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to make a Brawl 1.5 at this point (that is not a bad thing).

I want to get off subject for a moment. To everyone complaining about Nintendo's E3, just remember the Fall Conference later this year. If you did not see your Pikmin 3 today, you might just get to than.

Also has anyone heard about the Kingdom Heart Wii rumor? We will find out tomorrow I guess, if it is true, Sora may have a better chance at being a potential Square rep. If there were to be such.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, Mini Mario sounds like it could be an interesting idea. If we get an Advance Wars character next game, this could be good replacement for the AW AT.

Also has anyone heard about the Kingdom Heart Wii rumor? We will find out tomorrow I guess, if it is true, Sora may have a better chance at being a potential Square rep. If there were to be such.
There's still the problem with Disney. However, if Capcom could get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom here, it could happen.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i only heard of 4 KH games coming out none for wii =/, that be cool. I think disney owns the D char and squar owns sora. I dont think Disney would mind.
LOZ wii was not in e3 becase the creator wanted his own round table discussion in which no devices could be used. well learn more tmro. all i know it shows a more grown up link. wounder if that affects wolf?
cant wait tell tmro*looks at clock*, or today=/

DIG DUG FTW

Scott!

Smash Lord
Metroid's new representation in light of E3: Young Samus! :D The surefire way to tick fans off as much as possible while simultaneously keeping Ridley out. The perfect plan!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wii vitality, motion plus and balance board for SSB4!

Come on, don't tell me you can't see that happening.

Hopefully there will be an SMG stage, or at least music or an item/AT from the game.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
./\../\.../\ Terra /\.../\../\.

Terra was a recurring character from the Teen Titans animated series. She has the ability to manipulate earth, giving her immense power. Her weakness, however, is that she can not control her powers, leading her to be unstable. She does not want anyone to know this, so she fled from the Titans when Beast Boy told them her secret. Terra returns to the Titans secretly working for Slade but pretends to have control over her powers and that she wants to be a Teen Titan, so they welcome her back into their ranks until she infiltrates and betrays them. With Slade now using a special suit to control her and keep her powers in check, Terra defeats the Titans.

Terra has the superhuman ability to manipulate earth in any form, from solid rock to mud, which she uses with increasing skill (due to growing experience and tutelage with Slade) for numerous effects, both offensive and defensive in capabilities, such as flying through the air by riding on a boulder moved through her powers, hurling rocks of various sizes (even multiple rocks simultaneously) as projectiles at opponents to drive them back or outright crush them, form a gigantic stone fist out of many smaller rocks to attack an opponent, change earth from one state to another (such as shifting mud to a more solid version), and many other effects.

........• Statistics •........

Size - 7

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Guys, I really doubt we're getting SSB4 for at least 4-5 years. It won't be announced next year anyway.

Also Metroid Other M looks amazing. I hope she gets some wild new melee moves in SSB4.

n88

Smash Lord
There are only a few problems I have with it: ROB and Mewtwo are missing. Despite what some say, ROB deserves a spot, and Mewtwo is perhaps the most requested character for SSB4, and has more support than Lucario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Elaborate, please.

These are consisted of the characters that are most likely. Of course, if you can disprove who's likely and who isn't, go ahead!
I never said it wasn't accurate, it just isn't a very exciting roster.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
That list is good. The only disputes I have with it are as follows:

-Wolf gets cut and is replaced by Krystal. He is designated as an alternate costume for Fox.

-ROB remains in

-Lucario is cut and replaced by Mewtwo. By the next Smash Mewtwo will be retro, and Lucario will just be old.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
ROB was a tough decision. He was cut because other than being a useless NES peripheral with two bad games for him. He's entirely obsoleted now, and unless we see another character added that's representative of a console rather than a series of games (Much like Mr. Game and Watch and ROB are), he's not getting back in.

Mewtwo most definitely does NOT deserve a spot because he's what you're saying Lucario will become - just old. Pokemon Trainer already works much better than 'just fine' as a retro rep. In fact, he's the IDEAL retro pokemon rep.

Krystal isn't getting in. Wolf was added in because of his Japanese popularity (I believe this is mentioned somewhere on the Dojo... feel free to prove me wrong, though). Krystal just doesn't have the popularity that Wolf does.

@SmashChu: Back up your statements. I know you can at least ACT like you're smart. I expect better of you than just a one-line comment without any real explanation.

n88

Smash Lord
ROB was a tough decision. He was cut because other than being a useless NES peripheral with two bad games for him. He's entirely obsoleted now, and unless we see another character added that's representative of a console rather than a series of games (Much like Mr. Game and Watch and ROB are), he's not getting back in.

Mewtwo most definitely does NOT deserve a spot because he's what you're saying Lucario will become - just old. Pokemon Trainer already works much better than 'just fine' as a retro rep. In fact, he's the IDEAL retro pokemon rep.
ROB also saved Nintendo from a video game crash. I know someone just said it a few posts ago, but it needs to be restated. Without ROB, there probably wouldn't be Smash Bros. Also, ROB appeared in Mario Kart, where he has no business, and has been referenced in Kirby and F-Zero. Nintendo likes ROB.

I think that the PT makes abetter retro rep, but Mewtwo is vastly more popular than Lucario, and has a chance of beating him out. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them in there.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I'm not accusing you of anything, nor disagreeing, but could you please explain a bit more in depth why Mewtwo shouldn't make it back in?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6537749&postcount=14431

This is the list that the social group made, if that's what you're asking about.
yeah i saw it
Mega Man would be good probably, but FS would be hard for him, unless it was BEAT which would be kinda lame
yeah, Ray 01 could be the coolest addition in the next one, since in Custom Robo he has loads of weapons
Little Mac could make it, but making a moveset would be kinda hard
Vaati and Tingle should both be in, have 1 Link that is good and cut the other, gets rid of a clone and Zelda still has 5 characters, if they put in Vaati then maybe they will start making more Zelda games without Ganon
i think if the Baby Mario Bros were in on a team thing like the IC, then IC would lose a bit of their thunder for the duo character(s)
and DK gots enough characters in his series to see more than K. Rool added in, but sadly, he will still probably be the only new DK character even though somebody like Dixie could make it

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@SmashChu: Back up your statements. I know you can at least ACT like you're smart. I expect better of you than just a one-line comment without any real explanation.
I'm lazy.

Most of the choices are ok, but it's nothing mind blowing. Custom Robo isn't that big or great of a franchise to pull from. I tend to favor Goroh over Black Shadow as more people know Goroh and has better moveset potential. Bowser Jr. is meh. No Mewtwo is bad (I suspect him and some others to be back simply because of the outcry from fans). Tingle (while I like him) should stay out since a lot of people hate him. New Fire Emblem/Pokemon character isn't a suggestion. I could see someone do it once, but twice is too much (one is pushing it). No R.O.B. IS pretty fail too. He's an awesome character. I would also like Krystal as I know she is popular enough (Starfox fans make a big push for their characters).

This is the quick and gritty version though.

Also, Krystal is more popular over here then in Japan. She is probably about as popular though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Krystal isn't getting in. Wolf was added in because of his Japanese popularity (I believe this is mentioned somewhere on the Dojo... feel free to prove me wrong, though). Krystal just doesn't have the popularity that Wolf does.
Once again, the Japan card is played. As I have mentioned before several times, I distinctly remember that one of the translation threads stated that Sakurai did not know that Krystal existed until he conducted his character request thing. The final roster (possibly sans Lucario, with Mewtwo in his place) was decided a year before that. It also seems that Sakurai chose most of the characters, aside from Ike, Olimar, R.O.B., and Sonic, based on the Melee polls. At the time, Wolf was second to Falco for the most wanted Starfox character. Also, Krystal's debut wasn't made until a year after Melee came out.

Therefore, Wolf was likely picked over Krystal simply due to ignorance if my theory is correct. This may be simply a coincidence, but look at these videos of the hidden Starfox taunts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZH-6BKmcJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcGc2YiHms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIjozM_ssM

Notice that Fox, Wolf, and Falco all have full health meters and Krystal is the only one who has a nearly full health meter. It's quite possible that sometime in development, she was considered to be included as well, but wasn't due to time constraints.

Anyway, Krystal does indeed have popularity, or have you forgotten the massive Krystal support before Brawl's release? She was considered a shoo-in at the time.

Finally, nothing on Dojo states that Wolf was included due to his Japanese popularity.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just a quick note on the roster, one thing we must realize is series never get cut from Smash. Even though R.O.B may not be important, it is a series in Brawl and I do not think it will be cut due to Sakurai's nostalgia-ish mindset. That is why Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link could effectively be cut, because the series would still stand. Granted there is no proof to this theory, but there isn't anything denying it either. R.O.B is a good character and fighter, and if he has to leave due to being obsolete, than by all means Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Ice Climbers and Pit should leave as well.

I really think Samus will benefit in Smash 4 because of Metroid: Other M, she may be able to have her physical attacks changed around. Cmon, who wouldn't love to see Samus' new throw be the one where she grabs the character by the gun and shoots him from point blank range!?

Another thought, this one is a little weird so bare with me. If Ridley gets a voice (what that would sound like I don't know) in the new Metroid, it might work towards his benefit of being in Smash 4. Why do I say this? Think about it, he would obtain more personality and would establish him even more as an imprtant character in the Metroid franchise. It would give him a new dimension, he wouldn't just simply be the overused flying winged monster any longer. Just my 2 cents.

Krystal will not get in, end of story. If she did get than we would have 4 Star Fox people, trust me, they won't cut Wolf.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Another thought, this one is a little weird so bare with me. If Ridley gets a voice (what that would sound like I don't know) in the new Metroid, it might work towards his benefit of being in Smash 4. Why do I say this? Think about it, he would obtain more personality and would establish him even more as an imprtant character in the Metroid franchise. It would give him a new dimension, he wouldn't just simply be the overused flying winged monster any longer. Just my 2 cents.
The manga establishes that Ridley can indeed speak and his personality is defined there as well.

Krystal will not get in, end of story. If she did get than we would have 4 Star Fox people, trust me, they won't cut Wolf.
I think Wolf is the one with quite possibly the greatest risk of being cut for two reasons:

1. He is one of the last characters to unlock in Brawl; suggesting that not much thought was put into him until the roster was finalized or whenever.
2. By putting Krystal in instead of Wolf, Starfox is no longer considered the Shoto series in Smash.

shmo395

Smash Cadet
FINALLY. I've been waiting for this. I am sick of the millions of SSB4 threads.

My wish list:

Improve online play

Improve Stage Builder

Add more Sonic characters

I strongly agree, but also have a few more ideas such as:

make sure there isnt any chain grabs!

even up the chars more, seriously. MK with at least a 55-45 match-up against every other char?!?!?

dont take out any chars like u did in SSBB! (unless its lucas or ness :))

let us choose any music we want from the whole game and put it in any stage/ the main menu, stage builder, etc. (without hacking -_-)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The manga establishes that Ridley can indeed speak and his personality is defined there as well.
Tis why I mentioned him speaking in MOM. Because this new game is taking a lot of influence from the manga, which would explain some things. So talking Ridley may make his first game appearance!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tis why I mentioned him speaking in MOM. Because this new game is taking a lot of influence from the manga, which would explain some things. So talking Ridley may make his first game appearance!
Is it really taking influence from the manga? The only thing implying that is possibly Adam. We still can't tell when this game takes place because of some conflicting scenes in the video.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is it really taking influence from the manga? The only thing implying that is possibly Adam. We still can't tell when this game takes place because of some conflicting scenes in the video.
I heard something about the guy making the manga being involved somehow? Don't ask me where I heard it I just did. I have no clue, chances are they probably will take away some influence other than just Adam.

BTW, the game takes place between Super Metroid and Fusion, it is confirmed via 1UP interview.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174587&p=44

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Why do you guys focus on cutting characters, ssb4 could have 55-60 characters easy,with a story mode intact.

if it wernt for ROB Nintendo wouldnt be were they were today, becuase of parents not liking the ideas of video games(twas a big deal)

tingle, eh you gat me there but before they think of that why not add wolf link as a transformation or a secondary bad guy like, yahamts(i think thats his name in link to the past) vaati, skull kid, zent, or even what ever villians gona be in Legend of Zelda Wii.

yes more 3rd party, to everyone that was a big deal. and if you do it once people are gona want it more and more in high demend. were gona see a ssb4 in less then 6 years, Nintendo wont turn their ears away from their crying fans.

ADD AS MANY CHARACTERS AS NINTENDO CAN AND HAVE THE REST AS AT. THEN FOUCUS ON OTHER STUFF LIKE TROPHYS STICKERS AND BONUS PLAY LIKE KING OF THE HILL...ETC

seriously guys stop limiting your ideas.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Looking at that roster...

I liked it. Not just because of Isaac, but it just seems to make sense.
I just hope that Isaac isn't replaced by the protagonist in GS3. If so, then that character better be amazing. >.>

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I heard something about the guy making the manga being involved somehow? Don't ask me where I heard it I just did. I have no clue, chances are they probably will take away some influence other than just Adam.

BTW, the game takes place between Super Metroid and Fusion, it is confirmed via 1UP interview.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174587&p=44
Ah, so it's another interqual. Considering that this directly relates to the other main Metroid games, this is fine by me.

n88

Smash Lord
I hope that if Ridley appears, he doesn't look ripped like he will in MoM (I'm assuming that's Ridley in the trailer). That version of Ridley just looks bizarre to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom