• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'll take it this is the B+ Q&A thread, as I can't seem to find anything more like it.

If you do the stage music hack thingy, and you insert your own music say, the Walker, Texas Ranger theme, does it loop automatically?

If there is indeed a Q&A thread or I'm wrong in any other way, my sincere apologies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I do not believe you are able to add custom music to Brawl legitimately, and if you could, odds are, it will not be able to loop. You can only do so much with hacks.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Melee
Brawl

They are all 5 letter synonyms for "battle".

Super Smash Bros.: Havoc. lol

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Two games doesn't really constitute a pattern of 5-character names. Honestly, I think Clash has the best shot, though nothing I've ever heard suggested really jumps out at me.

Except Donnybrook.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Super Smash bros Clash is the most likely candidate I beleive.

That or Super Smash bros Xtreme (for the US)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
"Melee" was the best name. People didn't even knew what a melee was or even how to pronounce it until the game was released. I sure as hell didn't.

"Clash" sounds a bit generic. When you think about it, both "melee" and "brawl" roughly have the same meaning, which is "A fight, usually with a huge amount of people involved", which exactly describes the series.

There are no other "catchy" terms with the same meaning, so they may just go with another flow.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
lol drunken mario strangiling luigi i could see nintendo super stars in a bar fight lol

SUPER SMASH BROS RAGNAROCK
CLASH
FIST CUFFS
BAR FIGHT
AND HUGLE FEST ARE THE BEST

vote for what you think is the best
ragnarock means armegedon btw which means end of the world incase you didnt know what armegendon ment

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You guys fail hard.

New topic request? How about Story Mode? Instead of wasting boss battles with potential characters and original monsters, what about the boss battles from other Nintendo games that won't fit as playable characters?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You guys fail hard.

[Picture of Shoop da Whoop]
Says the one posting this... worst disease to ever hit humanity and its most genuine creation, the internet... This... "meme" is the most disgusting, boring, dumb and ******** thing that ever was created, and, unfortunately, people find it funny for reasons that will riddle me forever and ever, I suppose.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Says the one posting this... worst disease to ever hit humanity and its most genuine creation, the internet... This... "meme" is the most disgusting, boring, dumb and ******** thing that ever was created, and, unfortunately, people find it funny for reasons that will riddle me forever and ever, I suppose.
Internet bias? No? I like it because it looks like an oral Kamehameha Wave.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Internet bias? No? I like it because it looks like an oral Kamehameha Wave.
I know it since the very beginning and I didn't find it funny or appealing back then. By repeated posting it didn't became funnier or more appealing either. Unfortunately, I seem to be one of the very few people who dislike Shoop da Whoop. I, personally, loathe it, as you may have concluded.

But, back to topic... I'd love your idea about these bosses.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
You guys fail hard.

New topic request? How about Story Mode? Instead of wasting boss battles with potential characters and original monsters, what about the boss battles from other Nintendo games that won't fit as playable characters?

i know dont remind me =( nice u gat some back bone there spade

advature mode.

tabuu barley alive makes it too hte mii world(yah mii) and takes over. all miis under his control except u escape. your mii. so your in the land of trophys looking for help.

were gona play fill in the blank. ( you add on to my story by copy pasting it with out changing it and you add on what happens next)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I mean, they only had a few like the Porky Statue and Petey Piranha, but they wasted time and space with stupid, awkward bosses. This may be one of the things that cost Ridley's placement on the Brawl roster.

What Nintendo bosses would you guys like to see?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. Orgy, then?
I would post the image for Super Smash Bros Xtreme Beach Volleyball, but I would probably be moderated.

You guys fail hard.

I agree. The story mode really needs to represent the history of Nintendo, just like the rest of Smash.

I think that the meme is somewhat annoying, but I still LOLed at it.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hah, Spadefox destroyer of memes!
In regards to story modes I would like it if it if there was a civil-war aspect to it. I want some tension between characters.(insert zssamus gag here)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This is a topic about discussing possible additions if a sequel to Brawl were to be released.

Not a forum game.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
just fill in the rest fool
Because calling people fools totally gets results amirite?

Wasn't there already tension between certain characters in SSE? (Ganondorf, Wario, ect.)
Yeah, the Bowser/Ganondorf tension was a pretty big one near the end.

And while I'd love to see more Nintendo enemies appear as bosses, I'm not entirely opposed to having original monsters be thrown in there so long as there's a reasonable reason for them...Duon could've easily been replaced by Heavy Lobster and Galleom could've been Medeus or another Fire Emblem boss.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Also, sundayseclipse, you lacked grammar, spelling, punctuation, originality, creativity, length, detail and deserving characters.

MarthTrinity said:
And while I'd love to see more Nintendo enemies appear as bosses, I'm not entirely opposed to having original monsters be thrown in there so long as there's a reasonable reason for them...Duon could've easily been replaced by Heavy Lobster and Galleom could've been Medeus or another Fire Emblem boss.
In my opinion, the Story Mode's areas, enemies and bosses should all be preexisting Nintendo characters. The possible exception could be the final area and boss, which could easily become Cave of the Past/Giygas. Smash is about Nintendo's worlds colliding, and the Story Mode should focus on that.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
.... omg just make an adv mode story by filling in the blank not that hard
Here's a good one:

One day, this user named sundayseclipse posted in the SSB4 discussion thread trying to turn it into a game thread where everyone contributes a little piece of an undoubtedly crappy story that'll never amount to anything. No one wanted to. The end.

Seriously, this is about hopes for SSB4. If you have a story that you think is cool, then post it. Fine. Even if it sucks, that's your business, even though it's pretty ridiculous to hope for an entire story. Concepts would be better. But asking people to drop what they want to discuss and participate in some idiotic forum game you wanna turn this thread into is selfish, unreasonable, and stupid.

Good day.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
In my opinion, the Story Mode's areas, enemies and bosses should all be preexisting Nintendo characters. The possible exception could be the final area and boss, which could easily become Cave of the Past/Giygas. Smash is about Nintendo's worlds colliding, and the Story Mode should focus on that.
As much as I love me some EarthBound (and I love me some EarthBound...) I'm glad the final boss was Tabuu. Yeah. I said it, glad. Tabuu basically represented evil and while being a made up character, his evil was universal.

Having the final boss of the game be a character specific to one series seems almost unfair to every other series in the game. By having the final boss be a Smash Bros. original character, it unifies all of the Smash Bros. under one common enemy, one created entirely for them to defeat as a team, without one clear character to fight the final boss...

I hope that made sense xD

As for the actual areas of the game, enemies and other bosses being Nintendo characters however, I agree wholeheartedly with that.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
As much as I love me some EarthBound (and I love me some EarthBound...) I'm glad the final boss was Tabuu. Yeah. I said it, glad. Tabuu basically represented evil and while being a made up character, his evil was universal.

Having the final boss of the game be a character specific to one series seems almost unfair to every other series in the game. By having the final boss be a Smash Bros. original character, it unifies all of the Smash Bros. under one common enemy, one created entirely for them to defeat as a team, without one clear character to fight the final boss...

I hope that made sense xD
I actually agree with you somewhat, but I think it might be better to keep it as what Smash is- different Nintendo characters. I would prefer an original final boss, but it's reasonable enough to want it as a preexisting character.

Although if the final boss wasn't original, maybe it would be better to have it from a more significant series than Mother. The problem is that Giygas is the only character who really makes a lot of sense as a final boss.

Yeah, seeing how Giygas is not so significant anyways, I have to agree that the final boss should be original. Maybe if some sort of completely evil character originated in the Mario series, it could be a great final boss, but that probably won't happen. I posted the Cave of the Past/Giygas as another option, sort of. :ohwell:

Oh, and don't worry, you made plenty of sense.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I understand reasoning for Medeus being the FE boss, seeing as he's the most recent, but could there be someone better possibly?

I'm not saying Black Knight, but just something a little different.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Lol i do the grammar on purpose just to make you mad. More you nerf me about it the worse its gona get.

btw Welcome to the Internet, were the english laungage is pratically dead. why i do this, a simple answer im an A**

Any way back on topic. The black knight would be .... kinda of an ike knock off, thats why i would perfer him as a skin or if done right a character seeing how FE needs a antoagonist.

have a wounderful day twerps =)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Adventure bosses should be bosses from older series.

My flash had a few mentioned. I can repost it later.
Gaygas, Dimentio and Demon Beast Ganon are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom