• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Bosses...

Mario: Should stay Petey Piranha
Zelda: Beast form Ganon?
Donkey Kong: Jack In The Box?
Pokémon: Rayquaza should stay
Metroid: Kraid
Mother: GIYGAS!!!!!
F-Zero: Deathborn
Pikmin: Bulborb
Fire Emblem: Medeus is about all I can come up with.
Star Fox: Andross
Kirby: Marx

I don't know how it will all would work out, but this is Smash Bros after all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm really hoping an SSB4 is announced at E3.
A move like that would be both awesome and disappointing.

But for me, mostly awesome.

Besides, with the Brawl Smash service going down soon, maybe they're preparing for it?
(Or maybe they're waiting for the next TGS)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm really hoping an SSB4 is announced at E3.
A move like that would be both awesome and disappointing.

But for me, mostly awesome.

Besides, with the Brawl Smash service going down soon, maybe they're preparing for it?
(Or maybe they're waiting for the next TGS)
Brawl Smash service?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Check the smashbros website.

It's the service where you can upload your replays/homeruns/Target Tests/pictures/stages to Nintendo to share for you. Though, they will still continue to send out pics and replays and stages after they stop 'accepting' stuff.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would love for Nintendo to announce some sort of Brawl expansion or upgrade, but the chances of that happening are... Well, actually there is none.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
IT wouldn't actually be THAT far fetched for the NEW: UPDATE CHANNEL, GET NEW UPDATES O YOUR FAVORITE GAMES STRAIT FORM THE DEVELOPERS>

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
IT wouldn't actually be THAT far fetched for the NEW: UPDATE CHANNEL, GET NEW UPDATES O YOUR FAVORITE GAMES STRAIT FORM THE DEVELOPERS>
Here's the problem: Back when the game was announced, Sakurai stated that there was no plans for DLC in the future, so the chances are pretty low, if anything.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ISAAC FOR SSB4 CONFIRMED!!!!

Looks like Isaac's chances have skyrocketed thanks to Golden Sun DS.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're telling me that you weren't watching the Nintendo E3 conference today?

Well, here are a couple of things that were announced:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (With 4 players and Wi-Fi)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Now with Yoshi)
Golden Sun DS
Metroid Other M (Takes place before Metroid, is an action game, and is a collaboration of Team Ninja and Nintendo)
Golden Sun DS

And those are the ones from Nintendo

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Holy crack, Isaac is an even more likely addition now. Propeller suit for an SSB4 item, anyone?

I never pay attention to E3 until the end, when I read all of the articles. No Paper Mario 4, unfortunately. :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It looks like Golden Sun is being brought back, however, it appears Isaac isn't the main protagonist (but rather someone who wears similar clothing). Also, a Metroid game being made by Team Ninja was also announced, as well as Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

This definitely boosts the prospects for a Golden Sun character for being in Smash 4. Also, Ridley appeared in the trailed for that new Metroid game.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You're telling me that you weren't watching the Nintendo E3 conference today?

Well, here are a couple of things that were announced:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (With 4 players and Wi-Fi)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Now with Yoshi)
Golden Sun DS
Metroid Other M (Takes place before Metroid, is an action game, and is a collaboration of Team Ninja and Nintendo)
Golden Sun DS

And those are the ones from Nintendo
nice so where can I watch E3?

p.s. you put Golden Sun DS twice

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun DS *fan girl shreik*(jk) i wounder what the story line is.
Hmm, no kid iccarus or zelda or pikmin rumors or preveiws(not soal tracks) =(.
eh we still gat a few more days of E3 so maby a few more releases
no info on project sora?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
E3 gives us:
Isaac as lock for SSB4 (if that was Isaac in the trailer, that is)
Toad as possibility for a Mario rep
Maybe another character for Metroid

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Golden Sun DS *fan girl shreik*(jk) i wounder what the story line is.
Hmm, no kid iccarus or zelda or pikmin rumors or preveiws(not soal tracks) =(.
eh we still gat a few more days of E3 so maby a few more releases
no info on project sora?
Chances are that we may have another megaton before E3 ends. After all, Brawl was announced like that.

As for Project Sora, nothing was mentioned. Although, the game may not be ready for quite some time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
E3 gives us:
Isaac as lock for SSB4 (if that was Isaac in the trailer, that is)
Toad as possibility for a Mario rep
Maybe another character for Metroid
I wouldn't say that Isaac's presence in Golden Sun DS is a factor. After all, Marth was chosen partially because he's the original Fire Lord (so methinks). The same applies to Saki since he may not be playable in Sin and Punishment 2.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Look at New Super Mario Bros Wii

Toad confirmed for Smash 4 anyone?

Seriously it's great to have toad back as a playable character and have yoshi back as a mount in both New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Without G4, I've no idea where to go to get my E3 info.

Any info on ANYTHING Kid Icarus?!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Look at New Super Mario Bros Wii

Toad confirmed for Smash 4 anyone?

Seriously it's great to have toad back as a playable character and have yoshi back as a mount in both New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
This would give Toad one recent significant role, with the rest being appearances as a race or appearances as a spinoff. His chances are boosted, but Bowser Jr., Toad and Dr. Mario are all more significant and deserving. He only really gets in if those three characters do, and four newcomers for the Mario series is ridiculous.

Maybe this does mean, though, that Nintendo is willing to put Toad into significant roles again. Maybe by SSB4 he would be plenty significant... but if SSB4 came out right now, Toad wouldn't deserve it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
In the Metroid: Other M trailer...was that Sylux?!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say that Isaac's presence in Golden Sun DS is a factor. After all, Marth was chosen partially because he's the original Fire Lord (so methinks). The same applies to Saki since he may not be playable in Sin and Punishment 2.
Marth was the main protagonist of two Fire Emblem games, something that no other Fire Emblem lord did up until Ike. So far, Isaac was only the hero of one installment.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Marth was the main protagonist of two Fire Emblem games, something that no other Fire Emblem lord did up until Ike. So far, Isaac was only the hero of one installment.
In a series of 2 (now 3) games.
Didn't he appear in the second one?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In a series of 2 (now 3) games.
Didn't he appear in the second one?
Yes, however, the third one will apparently have the descendants of the heroes as the main protagonists. If this new hero is popular I can see it creating a Fire Emblem Smash Bros. like rift among Golden Sun fans for Smash 4. Personally, unless Isaac pulls an Ike (in which Ike in FE10 stole the show half-way through the game) in GS3, it is likely that his son will be the one who gets the playable spot in Smash 4 assuming GS3 is still remembered by the time development for Smash 4 starts.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Who cares? I just want Golden Sun representation of SSB!

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Um, i care. Issac, maby Felix should be playable and if thats not Issac in GD3 then he could be the repclacment for Issac as an AT. eh, i think FE should have more repersentation, ppl enjoy thoughs characters the best but they get no items and no boss to fight, and a character was cut. =(.

btw they cant tell us everything at e3 and theres stuff that cant be made into a trailer at the moment so theres light for all the small franchises like kid iccarus and sin and punishment. and e3 has 2 more days left.

I feal as if nintendos not gona repeat the mistakes thats been huanting them this gerenarion of systems and taking a step for the best =D.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, the second Golden Sun had Felix as the protagonist, and apparently there's a chance that the protagonist of the new Golden Sun isn't actually Isaac.
No there isn't, it already has been stated in the game's official profile that the descendants of the previous game's heroes will be the ones saving the day.

Golden Sun™ DS: After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes’ descendants and immerses players into the magic of its adventure by pushing the boundaries of intuitive touch-screen controls. Golden Sun DS is playable on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom