• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleyva

Smash Ace
im not sure whats been discussed comepletely in this 1000+ page thread, so i'll just say some random things that i've thought about:

-if sakurai is not on board, you have to lower the kirby franchise's representation in relation to other franchises, didnt deserve 3 characters in brawl

-f-zero DEFINITELY needs more rep, sakurai has spent the past 3 smashes humoring f-zero fans with the blood falcon costume swap. needz black bull as a fighter

-ganondorf has to fight WITH A **** SWORD ALREADY, he essentially should be ike.

-WALUIGI JOINS THE BRAWL. when it comes putting characters in fighting games, i always liked, for example, capcoms formula for adding characters in their marvel series; even if a particular hero or villian wasnt that popular or well-known, they could still get in if they looked like a good fit for a fighting game. and so, in this same vain i feel waluigi would be perfect for a nintendo-themed fight, he'd just fit in. i think this principle could be applied to a few other characters as well, especially Little Mac (a boxer, for christ sake.....he's MEANT TO BRAWL).

rockem7

Smash Ace
This may have been previously stated, but I think that when they remake Ganondorf (preferably with a sword), replace his final smash and make Beast Ganon a boss.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
im not sure whats been discussed comepletely in this 1000+ page thread, so i'll just say some random things that i've thought about:

-if sakurai is not on board, you have to lower the kirby franchise's representation in relation to other franchises, didnt deserve 3 characters in brawl

-f-zero DEFINITELY needs more rep, sakurai has spent the past 3 smashes humoring f-zero fans with the blood falcon costume swap. needz black bull as a fighter

-ganondorf has to fight WITH A **** SWORD ALREADY, he essentially should be ike.

-WALUIGI JOINS THE BRAWL. when it comes putting characters in fighting games, i always liked, for example, capcoms formula for adding characters in their marvel series; even if a particular hero or villian wasnt that popular or well-known, they could still get in if they looked like a good fit for a fighting game. and so, in this same vain i feel waluigi would be perfect for a nintendo-themed fight, he'd just fit in. i think this principle could be applied to a few other characters as well, especially Little Mac (a boxer, for christ sake.....he's MEANT TO BRAWL).
1. Don't worry, they've pretty much exhausted every important Kirby character. I doubt it'll go down in representatives, but it certainly won't go up.

2. Agreed with the extra F-Zero rep.

3. I dunno about Ganondorf fighting with a sword (we have enough sword fighters already), but I definately think Ganon should differentiate himself a bit more in terms of moveset. Perhaps he could have a few electric moves.

4. Waluigi doesn't seem deserving to me. He's not important, but also he doesn't actually seem to be that deserving of a character spot in terms of fighting style. His fighting style is utterly inconsistent between the games he appears in, and his moves all seem to be really random.

5. Little Mac seems good in theory, but how much can you really do with a moveset of punches? Seems a little boring to me, unless he inherits some of those hideously flamboyant moves from his opponents.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Should the sonic and Metal Gear series get more than one stage? or is one enough?

I honestly think one is enough.

Anyway, what other stages would all of you think would be good? Or at least what series needs to have a stage?

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think that the Fire Emblem series should have a better stage.
I really wasn't impressed at all by the one in Brawl.
Maybe a Tower of Valni or Lagdou Ruins stage?

bleyva

Smash Ace
Should the sonic and Metal Gear series get more than one stage? or is one enough?

I honestly think one is enough.

Anyway, what other stages would all of you think would be good? Or at least what series needs to have a stage?
there is one particular game that i think is very deserving of a stage that sakurai completely ignored: SMB3.

the original mario and donkey kong games have been represented, as have SMB in melee and brawl and SMB2 in melee. SMW, yoshi's story and yoshi's island were then both represented in melee and brawl, respectively, and obviously SM64 with peachs castle in melee.

why has SMB3 been completely skipped? it was undoubtedly the greatest (or at least near top) mario game ever made, and being one of the most popular video games in general, it deserves a stage (LUIGI'S MANSION beats it out? come on)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
there is one particular game that i think is very deserving of a stage that sakurai completely ignored: SMB3.

the original mario and donkey kong games have been represented, as have SMB in melee and brawl and SMB2 in melee. SMW, yoshi's story and yoshi's island were then both represented in melee and brawl, respectively, and obviously SM64 with peachs castle in melee.

why has SMB3 been completely skipped? it was undoubtedly the greatest (or at least near top) mario game ever made, and being one of the most popular video games in general, it deserves a stage (LUIGI'S MANSION beats it out? come on)
Then I got news for you.
I updated my flash,

http://drag0nscythe.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Fisticuffs-95625895

and I put in a SMB3 stage. Say hello to the Quick Sand Stage.

---
Also, I updated the flash. I added in lil mac, cut Captain Rainbow and tweaked some of the characters moves. I also added my own story idea for SSB4. As far as story goes, I only have the dark missions and the first seven extra missions done. Could not think of the light part of the story yet. I do have some ideas.

I killed off mewtwo (In a giant puff of fluff)
I plan on wounding Samus, and killing off a few other characters.

Enjoy.

bleyva

Smash Ace
drag0nscythe, i must say thats pretty awesome, considering the angry sun stage is one of the most memorable and defining stages from the game. very cool

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
drag0nscythe, i must say thats pretty awesome, considering the angry sun stage is one of the most memorable and defining stages from the game. very cool
Thats what I thought. we were discussing stages and someone mentioned that there needs to be a retro mario stage in my flash. I though about it and yes, mario needs a retro stage outside of the character specific stages. I agree that SMB3 is the most memorable of the mario games and that it does not have any stage representation. From that, the Angry sun stage is the best bet. Everyone knows about that stage (besides the ones in the first level.)

---

Another thing. It is time to drop trophies. We had them for the last two games. I say we go back to what SSB64 had, stuffed toys.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thats what I thought. we were discussing stages and someone mentioned that there needs to be a retro mario stage in my flash. I though about it and yes, mario needs a retro stage outside of the character specific stages. I agree that SMB3 is the most memorable of the mario games and that it does not have any stage representation. From that, the Angry sun stage is the best bet. Everyone knows about that stage (besides the ones in the first level.)

---

Another thing. It is time to drop trophies. We had them for the last two games. I say we go back to what SSB64 had, stuffed toys.
I like trophies, I don't think Brawl had as diverse of a selection as it did in Melee, which was with far fewer series.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
god this thread updates quickly.
i think piachu should be excluded from FMT,same with jigilly they had their chances.
your stage kiks butt drago and the maze 1 douse too

....i cant see why ppl r obsessing over cut char. most sucked besides mew2 and roy.

i think they should revamp all small sereis and use other game chararastics besides kirbys(ex jumping on heads)
seriously fox,falco,wolf all clones, and 1 stage. LOZ also needs a few stages will only 1 more. cut ssbm,ssb 64 stages brought back. fe new char and stages, rob needs a stage, mario only stages like smb3 need to be added, metroid,...continues rant.
wat skin textures, costumes should be added or removed in ssb4

eh trophys were nice dont make it to the point it takes akot on the rom. 5 extra trophys for each franchise not including char trophys

you know what ide like. you know how ds and gba interact with each other on the ds.
will if you add your wiis memory with the next consules. and if you buy ssb4 and you have ssbb in your memory you could swap records. music from ssbb could be added to ssb4. same with stickers trophys..etc. if there are any cut char in ssb4 you could swap them to ssb4. im on to somthing arnt i =3

rockem7

Smash Ace
I honestly think that most trophies aren't even worth looking at...
But still, I wouldn't really want to cut them unless a better idea came up that consisted of collecting stuff. :p

And, I was looking way back at some of the previous posts, and someone suggested achievements. There already are achievements (so to speak) in Brawl. The challenge things or whatever they're called.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
You should see this thread in the past, it updates every minute because a lot of people want to talk about the new Smashbros game and have their own ideas. Right now, this thread isn't as fast... no is much slower than it use to be.
well when ssb4 is announced....KABAMMLO.
then you gata deal with kidos and amature (ppl) who object to anothers ideas in a crude fassion
it comes with the teritory though

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice

I like to imagine that they don't give all of the best games a stage right away because then they'd have nothing left in the retro department for a sequel. That's the only plausible reason I can think of for the developers to have utterly ignored the stage potential of games like SMB3, A Link To The Past and Wario Land.

And to the person who asked if Sonic deserves two stages; I believe he does - a new stage, and Green Hill Zone as a past stage. If I had to muster a guess, I'd say Apotos from Sonic Unleashed is the most likely level for Sonic in SSB4 (although I would prefer Labyrinth Zone), because then he'd have a stage from an old game and a new game, and Unleashed is widely considered to be the best 3D Sonic game in a long time, so unless a better 3D title comes along, I think Apotos, as the first stage on Unleashed, has a stage slot pretty tightly reserved. Windy Valley from Sonic Adventure would also be a suitably awesome level. Or Speed Highway (the morning section).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jigglypuff isn't going anywhere, nor should she. If Pichu's moveset is redesigned and they get rid of his self-damaging effect he could be reintroduced as another Squirtle type character. Plus, as Heartz has mentioned previously, a FPT should focus more on the Pokémon Contest aspect of things. Pichu fits the "cute" category to a "T". With the rerelease of Gold/Silver we will probably get a 2nd generation character next time around, so it could work. Besides, most people who would be picking up a Smash 4 wouldn't even have a clue that Pichu was in previously, therefore not having a bad opinion of the characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like trophies, I don't think Brawl had as diverse of a selection as it did in Melee, which was with far fewer series.
It was nowhere near as diverse. Where Melee introduced American gamers to obscure Japan-only games, Brawl gave us rips of models from games made within the last eight years.

5. Little Mac seems good in theory, but how much can you really do with a moveset of punches? Seems a little boring to me, unless he inherits some of those hideously flamboyant moves from his opponents.
It'll require some creativity, but it can work. Balrog has always had nothing but punching moves in Street Fighter (What's a kick?), but they pulled it off for him.

I wonder why no one has ever commented that Lil Mac got a makeover.

bleyva

Smash Ace
after the first generation of pokemon, at some point i just lost interest in the franchise and dont really follow it. just out of curiosity, does the current or previous generation of pokemon have any machamp/hitmonlee/hitmonchan-type fighting pokemon that could potentially be good smash fighters?

Ace1000

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see

1. New Characters
MegaMan
Bass
Mewtwo
Infernape
Shadow the Hedgehog
Blaze the Cat
Geno
Lyn
Ristar
Roy
Galacta Knight
Paper Mario

2. New Moves for clones
Falco
Wolf
Ganondorf
Luigi
Toon Link's Side and Standard Special

3. New Stages
Concrete Jungle (Revamp)
Net Battle
Chun-Nan
Westopolis
Mt. Coronet
Some stages from SSB 64

4. Items
Rings
Energy Tanks
Fire Shield
Maple Leaf (Maybe Idk)
Bounce Braclet (Makes Player jump Higher)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd like to see

1. New Characters
MegaMan
Bass
Mewtwo
Infernape
Shadow the Hedgehog
Blaze the Cat
Geno
Lyn
Ristar
Roy
Galacta Knight
Paper Mario
No thanks. I can't see any of those characters being good enough for SSB4.

2. New Moves for clones
Falco
Wolf
Ganondorf
Luigi
Toon Link's Side and Standard Special
None of those characters are clones, though.

3. New Stages
Concrete Jungle (Revamp)
Net Battle
Chun-Nan
Westopolis
Mt. Coronet
Some stages from SSB 64
Wut.

4. Items
Rings
Energy Tanks
Fire Shield
Maple Leaf (Maybe Idk)
Bounce Braclet (Makes Player jump Higher)
I can't see any of those being viable items.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Only character I would see getting in would be Mega Man and Paper Mario, however anything else I can't really see being in the game. ♥

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Megaman, Mewtwo, Paper Mario and Roy sound good, everything else is pretty much not gonna happen. As much as I would like Lyn, her time is up sadly. :(

The Megaman stage will most likely be Dr. Wily's Castle.

Only real interesting item might be the rings from Sonic or the energy tank.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Rings from sonic would be an interesting healing item. Perhaps a classic Sonic stage could be made into a side-scrolling stage, with rings that each heal a couple percent, like food. It'd be banned for sure, I bet, cause of walk-offs, but it would be awesome.

As for it being a standard item, not sure what it could do. Maybe just heal, or maybe it could be a bunch of rings that explode out in all directions on impact with a solid stage object, and each one heals the first character it touches by a percent. That would be interesting.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Straked said:
None of those characters are clones, though.
Uh... wut. You can argue that Falco, Ganondorf and Wolf aren't clones, because they're so different, and Luigi definately isn't a clone anymore, but unless the definition of a clone character has changed drastically since Melee, Toon Link is most definately a clone.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Falco is kind of pushing it towards being a clone though.
But they need to change up their (falco and wolf's) specials a little bit.
Because Fox's and Falco's are pretty much the same, except Falco just kicks his reflector out.
Then Wolf is just a slower, stronger version. But his specials at least look a little different.

And...Megaman better make it in. Or I'll be mad. >.<

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Jigglypuff isn't going anywhere, nor should she. If Pichu's moveset is redesigned and they get rid of his self-damaging effect he could be reintroduced as another Squirtle type character. Plus, as Heartz has mentioned previously, a FPT should focus more on the Pokémon Contest aspect of things. Pichu fits the "cute" category to a "T". With the rerelease of Gold/Silver we will probably get a 2nd generation character next time around, so it could work. Besides, most people who would be picking up a Smash 4 wouldn't even have a clue that Pichu was in previously, therefore not having a bad opinion of the characters.
and how does Gardivour, Pichu and Jigglypuff not focus on the Contest aspect of things?
and yes, jiggs is not going any where. She would still be in the game, but under a trainer instead.

I'd like to see

1. New Characters
MegaMan
Bass
Mewtwo
Infernape
Shadow the Hedgehog
Blaze the Cat
Geno
Lyn
Ristar
Roy
Galacta Knight
Paper Mario
Only Megaman, Mwetwo and Roy even have a chance on that list, Paper Mario is a maybe because I honestyl think it is either him or Bowser Jr, and Bowser Jr is going to be the one to win the place.
The rest are either 3rd party or costume worthy only.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Falco is kind of pushing it towards being a clone though.
But they need to change up their (falco and wolf's) specials a little bit.
Because Fox's and Falco's are pretty much the same, except Falco just kicks his reflector out.
Then Wolf is just a slower, stronger version. But his specials at least look a little different.

And...Megaman better make it in. Or I'll be mad. >.<
Wolf doesn't need to be changed. His specials are very different in most aspects from their counterparts with Fox/Falco. They're really only similar in basic concepts, since all work differently. Falco has been mostly decloned in terms of non-specials, and his specials all have subtle differences from Fox's that make him play differently. Maybe they should just look a bit more different...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Meowth, Krystal, Midna, Elwood, Hector, Lyn, Isaac, Felix, Wabafett, Shadow, Knuckles, Dixie Kong, Eggman, Ridely, King K. Rool, all Kanto starters (Pokemon), and Waluigi are all deserving characters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Uh... wut. You can argue that Falco, Ganondorf and Wolf aren't clones, because they're so different, and Luigi definately isn't a clone anymore, but unless the definition of a clone character has changed drastically since Melee, Toon Link is most definately a clone.
Falco is as much of a clone as Toon Link is. Counting only moves that are very distinctly different, Fox and Falco have a different N-Spec, D-Spec, N-Air, F-Air, and arguably the F-Smash. Link and Toon Link have a different U-Smash, N-Air, F-Air, B-Air, and somewhat arguably the D-Air. They both have plenty of other differences in particular moves, but they're really at about the same level as far as clone-iness goes.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I came up with a move set for Sephiroth although square would never allow it unless Sony came to an untimely end

well here is what I came up with tell me what you think

Neutral A: Octaslash (MK's Neutral A but in front of him dose not continue forever just 8 quick strikes)

Forward Tilt: still debating between a combo or just 1 slash

Up Tilt: stabs air

Down Tilt: slashes in a sweeping motion outward (not inward like Link) /Properties: spikes characters in the air

Forward Smash: diagonal slash /Properties: Quick strike enough to not to see it coming but major lag at recovering from the smash

Up Smash: slash in arc

Down Smash: dose a 360 motion on the ground while spinning the sword with him /Properties: quick, fast recovery out of smash but no air hit box easy to short hop and punish

Dash attack: horizontal slash while running /Properties: gives hit stun, enough hit stun to follow up with a grab

Neutral air: debate between an arc around whole body (not like Ike's), or a sex kick and holding the sword in a sexy pose

Forward air: vertical slash downward /Properties: quick

Back air: horizontal slash /Properties: switches his position around

Up air: double slash /Properties: first stuns second gives knock back, you fall slower in duration, you press the A button twice not automatically initiated

Down air: uses move that killed Aeries in FF:VII (TL's Dair but with a few modifications) /Properties: spikes characters in the air during the whole duration, if it hits a character on the ground it stabs them and makes them fall onto the ground

Neutral special: Blade Beam (for those who don't know what I am referring to, I am talking about the ones he shot at Genesis in the fight they had in the training chamber. /Properties: can be angled

Side special: Quick Slash (Ike's Side special but moves past target and strikes them) /Properties: stuns for .5 seconds while invisibly slashed while being slashed neither character can move, the slashed unit dose not move therefor no knock back

Down special: Firaga Wall (Ness's PK Fire but three pillars one in the middle and on both sides) /Properties: pulls characters towards pillars

Up special: Jenova's Wing (Pit's Up Special but can use air attacks during the move)

Grab: extends arm

Dash grab: extends arm but going in a diving motion

Forward throw: elbows the character

Back throw: throws than shoots blade beams

Down throw: stabs than throws on ground

Up throw: throws than slashes the character in the air

Pummel: hits with the handle of the sword

Number of jumps: 2

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Meowth, Krystal, Midna, Elwood, Hector, Lyn, Isaac, Felix, Wabafett, Shadow, Knuckles, Dixie Kong, Eggman, Ridely, King K. Rool, all Kanto starters (Pokemon), and Waluigi are all deserving characters.
Meowth, - No
Krystal, - No
Midna, - Maybe with wolf link, but only as a transformation of link
Elwood, - No
Hector, -No
Lyn, - Missed her chance
Isaac, - Yes
Felix, - We have Isaac
Wabafett, - No
Shadow, - Only 1 3rd party from each series
Knuckles, - Only 1 3rd party from each series
Dixie Kong, - Fine, but I like the Diddy and Dixie pair idea
Eggman, - Only 1 3rd party from each series
Ridely, - Yes
King K. Rool, - Yes
all Kanto starters (Pokemon), - Hell no. We do not need another PT with starters. Yay, same as the other one.
Waluigi - no chance really.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I came up with a move set for Sephiroth although square would never allow it unless Sony came to an untimely end

well here is what I came up with tell me what you think

Neutral A: Octaslash (MK's Neutral A but in front of him dose not continue forever just 8 quick strikes)

Forward Tilt: still debating between a combo or just 1 slash

Up Tilt: stabs air

Down Tilt: slashes in a sweeping motion outward (not inward like Link) /Properties: spikes characters in the air

Forward Smash: diagonal slash /Properties: Quick strike enough to not to see it coming but major lag at recovering from the smash

Up Smash: slash in arc

Down Smash: dose a 360 motion on the ground while spinning the sword with him /Properties: quick, fast recovery out of smash but no air hit box easy to short hop and punish

Dash attack: horizontal slash while running /Properties: gives hit stun, enough hit stun to follow up with a grab

Neutral air: debate between an arc around whole body (not like Ike's), or a sex kick and holding the sword in a sexy pose

Forward air: vertical slash downward /Properties: quick

Back air: horizontal slash /Properties: switches his position around

Up air: double slash /Properties: first stuns second gives knock back, you fall slower in duration, you press the A button twice not automatically initiated

Down air: uses move that killed Aeries in FF:VII (TL's Dair but with a few modifications) /Properties: spikes characters in the air during the whole duration, if it hits a character on the ground it stabs them and makes them fall onto the ground

Neutral special: Blade Beam (for those who don't know what I am referring to, I am talking about the ones he shot at Genesis in the fight they had in the training chamber. /Properties: can be angled

Side special: Quick Slash (Ike's Side special but moves past target and strikes them) /Properties: stuns for .5 seconds while invisibly slashed while being slashed neither character can move, the slashed unit dose not move therefor no knock back

Down special: Firaga Wall (Ness's PK Fire but three pillars one in the middle and on both sides) /Properties: pulls characters towards pillars

Up special: Jenova's Wing (Pit's Up Special but can use air attacks during the move)

Grab: extends arm

Dash grab: extends arm but going in a diving motion

Forward throw: elbows the character

Back throw: throws than shoots blade beams

Down throw: stabs than throws on ground

Up throw: throws than slashes the character in the air

Pummel: hits with the handle of the sword

Number of jumps: 2

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6179807#post6179807

My boyfriend made this for a move list contest.

Not only that, but Roserade and Gardevoir are also remarkably similar in terms of colour scheme. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were different forks in the same evolutionary chain. Plus their eyes are almost identical, and they're both humanoid in structure.
Excellent. This is a great argument. I actually noticed this, and also found out that Roserade can be learned Psychic in the new Pokemon games. So Roserade would be left out.

We are probably going to need some Pokemon fans to help us out with possible candidates.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Maybe replace Gardevoir with Gallade?
That wouldn't help at all with your cute/pretty scheme, but Gallade is still pretty sweet. :p
And I think that Gallade would make a better fighter than Gardevoir.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
>>>The SSB4 Character Potential Tier List

>SS Tier
Characters who should have been in since Melee
Ridley

>S Tier
Characters who should have been in since Brawl
King K. Rool
Bowser Jr.

>A Tier
Locks
Black Shadow
Fifth Gen Pokemon
Mewtwo

>B Tier
Great Options
New Fire Emblem Lord
Megaman
Isaac
Tom Nook
Starfy
Tingle
Ray
Paper Mario
Little Mac
Lip

>C Tier
Decent Options
Simon Belmont
Diskun
Captain Syrup
Ray MK III
Dr. Mario
Kamek
Animal Crosser
Toon Zelda/Sheik
Bomberman
Samurai Goroh
Saki

>D Tier
Unlikely
Sukapon
Dixie Kong
Toad
Pichu
Vaati

>E Tier
Bad Options
Lyn
Masked Boy
Black Knight
Midna/Wolf Link

>F Tier
No Chance
Krystal
Waluigi

>G Tier
Snow cone in a blast furnace
Geno

n88

Smash Lord
Bump Midna/Wolf Link up to E. I know we probably won't be seeing much from them in the future, but I would classify them as Bad Options rathher than No Chance.

Other than that, lookin' good.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I believe Roy should be bumped up a tier for a couple reasons.

A: Roy was almost going to be in Brawl as it was, but with time and everything got pushed to the side.
B: In every other poll he is placing really high on characters for Smash 4.
C: There are rumors that Roy's Fire Emblem game is getting remade for the DS ala Shadow Dragon with Marth. If that game comes out in a couple of years, he will be the most recent FE lord. Thusly making him a little more mainstream.

My personal opinion is he at least belongs at the bottom of the B tier. I also think Tignle needs to be a tad lower due to his severe disdain in North America.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Bump Midna/Wolf Link up to E. I know we probably won't be seeing much from them in the future, but I would classify them as Bad Options rathher than No Chance.

Other than that, lookin' good.
Thanks. I suppose I'm sort of biased since I really didn't like Twilight Princess at all, but the fact of the matter is that they are sort of popular, although that probably won't last once a new Zelda comes out... though E is still low, I'll bump them.

I believe Roy should be bumped up a tier for a couple reasons.

A: Roy was almost going to be in Brawl as it was, but with time and everything got pushed to the side.
B: In every other poll he is placing really high on characters for Smash 4.
C: There are rumors that Roy's Fire Emblem game is getting remade for the DS ala Shadow Dragon with Marth. If that game comes out in a couple of years, he will be the most recent FE lord. Thusly making him a little more mainstream.

My personal opinion is he at least belongs at the bottom of the B tier. I also think Tignle needs to be a tad lower due to his severe disdain in North America.
I suppose you're right. The reason he's low is more because that the New FE Lord is more likely, but considering that very well may be Roy, I'll bump him up. Tingle, however, stays where he is. Maybe a bit lower, but he's the best option for a new Zelda rep, which we need, and a joke character, which is a staple of fighting games.

Thanks for the feedback, n88_2004 and Starphoenix.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think that Tom Nook and Isaac should switch spots.

1. Because from other threads that I've visited, Isaac places higher in popularity.
2. Isaac has much better potential for a decent moveset.
3. Isaac seems more logical seeing as he can actually fight in his game, not just run a store.

Buttttttt....Aside from that, I like the list.
Especially since Starfy is on the B tier. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom