• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
After that battle, he was hurt beyond fighting capability and was infused with Geoform 187, turning him into Meta-Ridley. Blah blah blah, I could go into a full biography on him, but point is that he has a huge backstory.

Yeah. He's important.
You forgot that he's wicked awesome and that all 'psycho' characters deserve spots instantaneously.

/sortofsarcasm
:psycho:

I'm going to stop posting now since I've done a little too much in this thread. Thanks for the debates, I'm going to eat cake, play some smash, and do some writing. Good day x2.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Indeed he has. Keep in mind, that counts Japan-only games and such, as well as spin-offs like Wario Blast, and some with different (and somewhat strange) names, like Atomic Punk. Wikipedia's got a nice list of them.
Okay, so I looked on Wikipedia, and I gotta' say...that's ridiculous.

I think I've played, like, two of those. Saturn Bomberman and 64. Wow.

Regardless, I still don't really support the guy.

Asaph said:
Well, to answer that, I would have to get into some serious Zelda gameplayage to figure out EVERYTHING. But if you remember Ganondorf's ONE taunt that is a clear "DER" message from Sakurai, he could use his sword.

Play Twilight princess? He had several crazy sword attacks in the last battle that could easily be translated into kick*** moves. Just watch the battle, and you'll see some unique styles.

But with a sword, he's got enough. If you saw the ideas I've had in my mind for our great warlock, your head would explode. I had an idea for a FS (one that I liked much less than the "Ganon" thing--didn't turn out to be so amazing).

But why he's a clone kind of confuses me. Lastly, though, if you wanted, I could play some Twilight can get back to you on a movelist.
Yeah, he uses a weapon (Trident/Sword/Whatever) in almost all of the Zelda games he appears in. But if he was given a sword, he'd ideally use that in his regular attacks. My point is that, even taking those sword attacks into consideration, Ganondorf doesn't have any "signature" moves. No "Spin Attack", no "Charge Beam", no "Fireball".

And yeah, I've made some moves for Ganon in the past, which I thought were original, awesome, and totally kicka**...but I made them all up. Not one of them was a completely direct translation from the game. Some of them were inspired by it, but none were exactly as they appeared in the Zelda games.

To be honest I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this anymore--it's all become a bit muddled. So unless you have anything else to add...

Asaph said:
Are you saying my favorite character Dark Samus may have been cut? I'll go cry, later. *walks away*
Well, not likely. There's no way (I know of) to play as these "hidden" characters, but there's some data tucked away in Brawl's data files that suggests that some characters might have, at one point, been in the game, but were cut for certain reasons. I don't know of any official list, but I've heard Plusle & Minun, the cut Melee players (Mewtwo, Roy, etc.), and a Toon version of Zelda/Sheik.

There's also this: http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/07/02/sakurai-i-had-a-lot-more-characters-in-brawl/

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Okay, so I looked on Wikipedia, and I gotta' say...that's ridiculous.

I think I've played, like, two of those. Saturn Bomberman and 64. Wow.

Regardless, I still don't really support the guy.
Yeah, the list amazed me too. I mean, I just wondered what different stuff they did with him in some of those games, since the original game's gameplay is pretty basic, and I'm pretty sure they basically stuck with it for quite a while. I've only played a few of them myself, but I'm definitely a fan, and seeing as how he's a fairly big gaming protagonist, I'd like to see him included.

Asaph said:
And that's called opinion, no questions asked. Again, I'm not arguing. You have the right to be entitled an opinion. That's absolutely fine. If you don't like him, that's absolutely fine. At least you're not hating on him with this: 'lololololololloolool Hees 2 big!' If you did that, I would have to laugh.
If I did that, I'd give you full permission to laugh. In fact, I'd probably give you my address and tell you to kindly dispose of me in whatever manner you deemed appropriate. The world needs fewer stupid people.

The two of you are mature. I raise a hat. Good day.
Thank you, as are you. If I had a hat, I'd happily raise it in turn. In any case, good day to you as well.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i have been thinking about this for a while and ive decided to make a list of who i think should make it to smash 4. I will list my top choices for each series and any alternate costumes i think would work.

(I am including yoshi and wario in mario because they are such small series)
Mario:
-Bowser Jr.
-Waluigi
-Petey Pirhanna
-Paper mario with partners
-mr. L as a luigi alt
-bone bowser as a bowser alt
-shadow mario as a mario alt
-daisy and rosalina as peach alts
-Birdo as a yoshi alt

LoZ:
-Ganon with own moveset
-Majora mask link

Star Fox:
-Leon
-Krystal
-Slippy, peppy, bill grey, andrew oikinny and panther as alts for various characters

DK:
-King K. Rool
-Dixie kong
-lanky kong(i know this probably wont happen but he was my fav in dk64)
-chunky and funky as dk alts
-tiny as a dixie alt

Metroid:
-Ridley
-Sylux
-DS as samus alt

F-Zero:
-Samurai Gorah
-Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
honestly ive never played a game these names have just come up the most often in my travels through these boards
-michah
-black knight
-sothe
-and the return of roy

Pokemon:
-electabuzz
-magmar
-scyther
-the return of mewtwo
-pulsie and minun as pikachu clones and ice climber clones. Meaning that their movesets are an exact copy of pika's but the fight as a pair just like the ice climbers
-deoxys
-rival pokemon trainer (possibly similar to gary or lance in the older games)

Kirby:
-Knuckle Joe

Earthbound/Mother:
-claus

Retro:
-balloon fighter

Third party:
-knuckles
-tails
-shadow and silver as sonic alts
-amy rose
-Megaman

so there you go, questions? comments? suggestions?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah, he uses a weapon (Trident/Sword/Whatever) in almost all of the Zelda games he appears in. But if he was given a sword, he'd ideally use that in his regular attacks. My point is that, even taking those sword attacks into consideration, Ganondorf doesn't have any "signature" moves. No "Spin Attack", no "Charge Beam", no "Fireball".

And yeah, I've made some moves for Ganon in the past, which I thought were original, awesome, and totally kicka**...but I made them all up. Not one of them was a completely direct translation from the game. Some of them were inspired by it, but none were exactly as they appeared in the Zelda games.

To be honest I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this anymore--it's all become a bit muddled. So unless you have anything else to add...
No, it's not argument anymore. It's just in-depth conversation as far as I concerned.

Have you played Twilight? O_o He had some moves that really stood out with the sword. I do understand partly why he's not using a sword, and that's because he's more of a magic user. This brings me, of course, to the point where I'd have to see ALL his magic attacks to properly come up with a better move list. This is where the conversation with him ends, of course.

Yeah, even though I get a heckuva bunch of posts, I'm really calling it quits this time. Seeya around.

You too, SirKibble. (secret: I'm not wearing a hat).

meta master

Smash Journeyman
maybe at least 60-70 characters each with different move sets and Fsmashes. i know this sounds like a lot but if the game were to be the final smash bros game for say 20 years... yeah

D

Deleted member

For Female representatatives: Micaiah (Fire Emblem), Krystal (Star Fox), And maybe Dixie (DK)

For Villains: King K. Rool (Dk), Vaati, And this guy=
Cause he deserves it.........and i'm a fanboy. >.>

Well, then, if we're speaking figuratively, I'll certainly raise my figurative hat to you. :laugh:

You win just for that. :) Nobody ever includes another Kirby character. I'll take everyone else on that list, even those I don't like, as long as I get Knuckle Joe. Lol.
lol thanks. I think that knuckle joe would make a pretty good character. And to all those people who wanted little mac in smash (i know there are some out there i tried to convince them that he would never be in smash as a playable) i think this would be a great replacement. So in a way it satisfies two sets of fans. But yeah other then joe i dont see any other options.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
lol thanks. I think that knuckle joe would make a pretty good character. And to all those people who wanted little mac in smash (i know there are some out there i tried to convince them that he would never be in smash as a playable) i think this would be a great replacement. So in a way it satisfies two sets of fans. But yeah other then joe i dont see any other options.
True enough. Honestly, Joe's already got half a moveset from all his moves in Kirby Super Star.

As a Kirby fanboy, I see a few other options :p, but Joe is easily the best of them. He has a lot of potential.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
My Roster for Smash 4 (49 Characters, being lenient here...):
(Imagine the select screen for Brawl. Now, imagine it being 10 down and 5 across, as opposed to 9 across and 4 down)
-Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser
-Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr
-Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link (Toon Link as an alt. costume), Tingle (-_-)
-Samus, Ridley, Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Captain Olimar
-Kirby, King Dedede, Meta-Knight, Isaac, Animal Crosser
-Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal, Ray 01
-Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo (revamped)
-Marth, Ike, Sigurd, Lucas, Ness
-Balloon Fighter, Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B.
-Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman, Random Select

14 New Characters:
-King K. Rool
-Bowser Jr.
-Tingle...
-Ridley
-Samurai Goroh
-Isaac
-Animal Crosser
-Krystal
-Ray 01
-Sigurd
-Mewtwo (new moveset)
-Balloon Fighter
-Megaman
-Bomberman

-Ganondorf's moveset enhanced to include a sword.
-One of Lucas' specials changed (likely PSI Magnet), Final Smash becomes PK Love

I expect that the next Smash will be for the next system after the Wii. I expect Nintendo to use Blu-Ray discs, and leap way in front of the competition with their next system, which will return to serious graphical quality and mature gaming not really seen since the N64, so I would hope that they could fit 49 characters into a Blu-Ray disc...

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
The sad part is that there might not ever be a smash 4. When they first made smash, it was a "we have some extra money, lets make a game where all the characters fight!" spur of the moment thing. They only planned on one. Of coarse now we see that they have three. I think that might be the reason y the smash games are so good, because each one was ment to be the last.

Edit: as a side note, they're running out of names...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
out of curiousity who else is there? the only other suggestion i have heard is dyna blade.
A few other enemy characters could work, such as Blade Knight, Sir Kibble, Biospark, and even Waddle Doo, if he weren't a part of Dedede's moveset. But probably my top pick after Knuckle Joe is...

Adeleine. She's been featured in a few different Kirby games, as both a foe and a friend to Kirby. She has the ability to paint things on canvas that then jump out of it and become real. As a foe, she used this to paint pictures of enemies, who then attack Kirby. As a friend, she's painted Kirby Maxim Tomatoes and even Invincibility Lollipops. In my opinion, her paintbrush could make for a very interesting moveset.

(Imagine the select screen for Brawl. Now, imagine it being 10 down and 5 across, as opposed to 9 across and 4 down)
-Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link (Toon Link as an alt. costume), Tingle (-_-)

14 New Characters:
-King K. Rool
-Bowser Jr.
-Tingle...
-Ridley
-Samurai Goroh
-Isaac
-Animal Crosser
-Krystal
-Ray 01
-Sigurd
-Mewtwo (new moveset)
-Balloon Fighter
-Megaman
-Bomberman

-One of Lucas' specials changed (likely PSI Magnet), Final Smash becomes PK Love

I expect that the next Smash will be for the next system after the Wii. I expect Nintendo to use Blu-Ray discs, and leap way in front of the competition with their next system, which will return to serious graphical quality and mature gaming not really seen since the N64, so I would hope that they could fit 49 characters into a Blu-Ray disc...

i have problems with ray 01, and animal crosser. For ray 01 i have no idea who he/she/it/potatoe is and i am afraid of the unknown (lol jk). And for animal crosser, i don't think they will work. I know people say that they could use stuff like the axe bug net and shovel. But i think that if they didnt put it in brawl with the pitfall and the ac stage, they ain't gonna make the next smash.

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
For ssb4 I'm kinda hoping for Gannandorf to have his own mive set

and if there isn't another zeldA GAME, Midna-wolf link would be sweet.

A few other enemy characters could work, such as Blade Knight, Sir Kibble, Biospark, and even Waddle Doo, if he weren't a part of Dedede's moveset. But probably my top pick after Knuckle Joe is...

Adeleine. She's been featured in a few different Kirby games, as both a foe and a friend to Kirby. She has the ability to paint things on canvas that then jump out of it and become real. As a foe, she used this to paint pictures of enemies, who then attack Kirby. As a friend, she's painted Kirby Maxim Tomatoes and even Invincibility Lollipops. In my opinion, her paintbrush could make for a very interesting moveset.
I personally think that a paintbrush moveset would already be taken by Bowser Jr.

For ssb4 I'm kinda hoping for Gannandorf to have his own mive set

and if there isn't another zeldA GAME, Midna-wolf link would be sweet.
gannondorf-banned!!: http://gannon-banned.com/

SirKibble

Smash Champion
i have problems with ray 01, and animal crosser. For ray 01 i have no idea who he/she/it/potatoe is and i am afraid of the unknown (lol jk). And for animal crosser, i don't think they will work. I know people say that they could use stuff like the axe bug net and shovel. But i think that if they didnt put it in brawl with the pitfall and the ac stage, they ain't gonna make the next smash.
I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the Animal Crosser or not, but Ray 01 is definitely one I want included. Ray's the starting Robo you get in the GameCube Custom Robo. He'd make a seriously awesome addition to Smash.

I personally think that a paintbrush moveset would already be taken by Bowser Jr.
Possibly, but I think they could make them different enough. Of course, given how Smash Bros. loves clones...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
(I am including yoshi and wario in mario because they are such small series)

-Waluigi
-Ganon with own moveset
-the return of mewtwo
-pulsie and minun as pikachu clones and ice climber clones. Meaning that their movesets are an exact copy of pika's but the fight as a pair just like the ice climbers
-deoxys
-rival pokemon trainer (possibly similar to gary or lance in the older games)
-balloon fighter

Third party:
-knuckles
-tails
-shadow and silver as sonic alts
-amy rose
-Megaman
the one's I definetly approve of are Megaman ( I mean who doesn't :laugh:), Mewtwo (buffred with a modified moveset or completly new), Deoxys (with his different forms), and Rival Trainer (that Lance Idea is bad a$$ since he could use his dragon type pokemon in battle such as Dragonite which would be awesome to see :)), and Ganon with his sword which if he did he would automatically become my main lol..

but.. the one's I really disapprove of are ballon fighter (I mean c'mon probably would basically float around which is a BIG no for me, and I don't see why people make such a big deal about seeing this guy in), Plusle and Minun (we don't need more Pika clones like Pichu, nuff said!), Waluigi because simply he lacks game representation and probably wouldn't have a good moveset because of this, besides sports that is, and IMO Knucles is enough, we don't need a bunch of Sonic characters showing up.

gantrain05

Smash Master
we need the flyswatter from mario paint as a boss, he's be so cheap, just float around and slap u, man i can see it now, not really, but hey, we need some kind of mario paint stuff lol.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
we need the flyswatter from mario paint as a boss, he's be so cheap, just float around and slap u, man i can see it now, not really, but hey, we need some kind of mario paint stuff lol.
I'd love the giant bug from that game as a boss actually...man...that was like the single greatest minigame ever...now I have to dig up my SNES and play that XD

Mechanine

Smash Rookie
I would kind of like the idea of individualistic shields. Like, how Yoshi has his own.

Actually, the only other thing I'd like would be for the game to make slamming into things - like when you don't tech - do damage. It seems to make sense to me, especially when being thrown into air will do damage to you.

That's all I'd need, really; I'm easy to please. I mean, new characters would always be nice, but I'm satisfied with the current one.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I would like to have smoother gameplay in Link (young or old) I want to be able to get back to my smooth bombing techniques I was able to do in SSB. Also for brawl i was hoping they would have done majora's mask link. he has a cooler sword, hookshot, also if he had a final smash it could be Deity Link or a combonation attack of the 3 masks: Duku, Gorgon, and Zora. Also have the ability to play on any previus game stage SSB-SSBB. Though i think that might get over whelming. though in brawl we do have that option of stage selection, so maybe it wouldnt be as bad if we, the players, chose which stages we wanted.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
man...SSB4 would take forever to come out. like, we'd have to wait for the next entire Nintendo system to come out lol. i estimate like 7 to 8 years. but anyways, by then there would be so many more Nintendo characters created, thus making an even bigger selection. personally, i want Ridley, Bomberman, Megaman, and Mach Rider. theres more, but i cant think right now lol.

quadz08

Smash Cadet

14 New Characters:
-King K. Rool
-Bowser Jr.
-Tingle...
-Ridley
-Samurai Goroh
-Isaac
-Animal Crosser
-Krystal
-Ray 01
-Sigurd
-Mewtwo (new moveset)
-Balloon Fighter
-Megaman
-Bomberman

Ok. I like your new characters overall, but I have a few concerns
First: Tingle. I think that's about all that needs to be said.
Second: Ridley. Yes, I know Metroid needs more reps. Yes, I know he's awesome. Yes, I know he's the main recurring villain. However, I just can't see how fighting as him would work. It just doesn't seem to fit. He's just not... human enough, if you will. Perhaps Dark Samus, or a hunter.
Third: Animal Crosser. Unless he's gonna be hitting people with a shovel, I don't see any decent moveset AT ALL. There is no combat of any type in Animal Crossing, so an animal crosser just doesn't fit.
Fourth: Balloon Fighter. Massive moveset problems. Good choice for an assist trophy, but not so much a character. I know he's iconic and all that, but there's just no potential for a moveset. And his recovery would be totally cheap.
Fifth: No additional reps for Sonic or Kirby. I know Sonic is third party, but come on. It's Sonic the freakin hedgehog. That series deserves another rep. I would suggest Knuckles first, Tails second, anybody else never. Kirby is a more difficult proposition. Adeline is an interesting suggestion, but she is neither well-known enough nor is there a decent moveset. There really is no other Kirby character that is well-known enough to be added though. An idea for that is a character that is similar to kirby (dreamlander? star warrior?) where his attacks are various kirby power-ups. (fire kirby, needle kirby, etc.)

Kudos to you, however, on including Krystal, K. Rool, Megaman, and Bomberman. :) excellent choices all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If there truly was a fourth Smash Bros., some of the Melee fighters removed from Brawl should return. My roster would have up to 51 fighters when excluding transformations.

----------------------
SSB Veterans

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
----------------------
Melee Veterans

Peach
Bowser (Dry Bowser for an alternate outfit)
Zelda / Sheik
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Mr. G&W
Marth
Falco
Ganondorf
Pichu
Roy
----------------------
Brawl Veterans

Meta Knight
Pit
Wario (wears WarioWare outfit, but plumber outfit is still an alternate outfit)
Ike
Pokemon Trainer (still uses Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard)
Diddy Kong
Lucas
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
----------------------
3rd Party Veterans

Solid Snake
Sonic
----------------------
4th Smash Bros. Newcomers

Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Kat & Ana
Waluigi
King K. Rool (Kaptain K. Rool for an alternate outfit)
Toon Zelda
Vaati
Ridley (Meta Ridley for an alternate outfit)
Gardevoir
Gallade
----------------------
3rd Party Newcomers

Gray Fox
Tails
Knuckles
----------------------

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
If there truly was a fourth Smash Bros., some of the Melee fighters removed from Brawl should return. My roster would have up to 51 fighters when excluding transformations.

----------------------
SSB Veterans

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
----------------------
Melee Veterans

Peach
Zelda / Sheik
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Mr. G&W
Marth
Falco
Ganondorf
Pichu
Roy
----------------------
Brawl Veterans

Meta Knight
Pit
Ike
Diddy Kong
Lucas
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
----------------------
3rd Party Veterans

Solid Snake
Sonic
----------------------

Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Kat & Ana
Waluigi
Toon Zelda
Vaati
Gardevoir
Gallade
----------------------
3rd Party Newcomers

Gray Fox
Tails
Knuckles
----------------------
I agree with you. And I think this would be the best roster in the history of rosters.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Rosalina-No
Bowser Jr.-Yes
Kat & Ana-No
Waluigi-No
King K. Rool (Kaptain K. Rool for an alternate outfit)-Yes
Toon Zelda-Yes
Vaati-No
Ridley (Meta Ridley for an alternate outfit)-Yes
Gardevoir-Yes
Gallade-No

strider43

Smash Journeyman

----------------------
SSB Veterans

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
----------------------
Melee Veterans

Peach
Zelda / Sheik
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Mr. G&W
Marth
Falco
Ganondorf
Pichu
Roy
----------------------
Brawl Veterans

Meta Knight
Pit
Ike
Diddy Kong
Lucas
King Dedede
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
----------------------
3rd Party Veterans

Solid Snake
Sonic
----------------------

Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Kat & Ana
Waluigi
Toon Zelda
Vaati
Gardevoir
Gallade
----------------------
3rd Party Newcomers

Gray Fox
Tails
Knuckles
----------------------
I'm gonna rip your soul out next time you forget to mention megaman

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... they all feel wrong to me. Here is how it goes! :bee:

Newcomers
1) King K. Rool
2) Skull Kid
3) Samurai Goroh
4) Krystal (Or some decloning of the space freaks)
5) Mewtwo (New moveset)
6) Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
7) Another Retro rep (Like G&W and RoB. Who knows, maybe Geno?)
8) Someone not so real. Maybe Baby Bowser.

New 3rd Partys
Bomberman
Another Sonic Rep
And I hate to say it and doubt it very much, but Megaman.

Also Gannon moveset will include sword. Odds are a Metroid rep will be included if she makes another game anytime near then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom