• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Instead of a character builder, I'd rather have a feature that allows you make customized costumes. Nothing fancy, just something to change basic colors. I've always wanted a purple and black Wario.
That would be pretty BA, and not very hard to implement. Sounds like a good idea to me.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
You can do that now. Texture hacks, people!!!
Well yeah but that's illegal and hacking and stuff. :p

Aaanyway, here's a random though: Crazy Hand should be more different from Master Hand. Sure he's got three unqiue attacks, bu how about all of his attacks are different but the same >basic< idea. Like, say, his Finger Poke attack would be a single swipe down the middle of the stage similar to Tabuu's sword thing but faster. Or his Laser Fingers could be a single, strong laser that he chases you with, similar to Porky's but bigger. Spider Walk can basically be his version of Finger Walk. Stuff like that.

And whenever anyone mentions a head for Master Hand I always think of this. I wouldn't want it any other way, really.

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
A playable Mii would be awfull in a game like Smash.

I would like to see the story involve more of all the characters, such as LoZ:TP enemies and random weak Pokémon, Ect.

As for bosses, One from each series (Might be a bit too much) and a final fight with Tabuu & both the hands :D

Bloober (Mario)
Twilit fossil Stallord (Zelda)
Andross (Fox)
Primal Dialga (Pokémon)
That thing at the end of MPH

Yeah.. I'll update this list when I think of ideas

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Ideas for SSB4 Mewtwo:

• Slightly smaller target. Melee Mewtwo always seemed too bulky to me. He should be more like the slender model from Pokemon Battle Revolution/his Brawl trophy
  • A fair bit heavier (but not a heavyweight) and a lot faster. Mewtwo is a speed-demon in the Pokemon games, so he should be quick here as well. Slightly slower than Falcon
  • Side B (Confusion) is changed to down B, and should actually reflect projectiles (as in they damage their user), and hitting someone with it should make them stay on the ground long enough to perform a follow-up attack (similar to Ganon's Flame Choke)
  • Side B becomes Psycho Cut. Mewtwo fires three purple waves that travel a small distance in from of him. The effect is kind of like the landing shockwave on Kirby's up B
  • Shadow Ball can be aimed during the startup. This includes whilst in the air, meaning you can hurl one down at the ground (like he does in the first Pokemon movie, which inspired this attack)
  • Down aerial has greatly reduced startup, making it easier to spike with (it's not that powerful anyway. Don't cripple it further...)
  • Forward throw deals more damage. It doesn't really set anything up, and never kills, so it might as well pack a punch
  • Final Smash is Psychic. A large sphere appears around Mewtwo, pulling in anyone it touches. Then they get fired off in different directions. Sort of like Zero Suit Samus' FS, only with a larger area of affect and more power

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think that a blooper would have a larger chance as a playable character than a boss...
In other words, blooper as a boss should be a definite no.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
How does Blooper have any chance of ever getting into Smash? He could be maybe an Assist Trophy, or Gooper Blooper or Electro Blooper could be bosses, but Blooper?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
A playable Mii would be awfull in a game like Smash.

I would like to see the story involve more of all the characters, such as LoZ:TP enemies and random weak Pokémon, Ect.

As for bosses, One from each series (Might be a bit too much) and a final fight with Tabuu & both the hands :D

Bloober (Mario)
Twilit fossil Stallord (Zelda)
Andross (Fox)
Primal Dialga (Pokémon)
That thing at the end of MPH

Yeah.. I'll update this list when I think of ideas
dude one thing

tabbu died is dead
so is master hand(qustionable i dont think they'll get rid of him)

but i did think of somting to combine your your tabuu adn mii opinion

tabbu is weak and goes to teh mii world easliy taking over but one mii escapes and tahts your mii. then somting idk goes into the mii world adn kills tabuu for good and the new arch villian whos ultra powerful and wiht the combine power of tabuu he absorbed =D

kinda stole it but oh well

so what old classic games should be in brawl this i mean atari to super nintendo anything past N64 dream cast ps1 douse not count

i think Dig dug should be in =D:psycho:

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Hm WHat would be fantastic is Oliver the Beautiful Duke of Tanas as a character. Imaged the amount of beauty as he does battle on each stage. His shining light silencing all ugly fighters such as sonic. But Sadly that will most likely not happen, so I could go for an Oliver assist trophy.

rockem7

Smash Ace
If Ray MK II/III makes it into the new roster, then obviously his assist trophy should be replaced.
In which case, I think that a Hector or some other person with an axe makes it into the game in some way.
I don't know why, but I'd love to see an axe in Smash.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I honestly think Hector has no chance. He is only usually a candidate people recommend because they want another FE rep, but want someone who does not use a sword. It is bad logic. The character should get in because of his own merits, not just because we need a non-sword using FE rep. The next FE rep will be from the new Fire emblem game or it will be the second coming of Roy. Not Hector.

As for Bosses. I would like to see both kinds. The playable bosses (K rool and Ridley) and none playable. I just have to think of some right now.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
An axe hmm? 'Here's Johnny!'

On a different note, I think that Stafy, Samurai Goroh and Little Mac should be playable and replaced with Stapy, Takamaru and Von Kaiser respectively.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
u know if they make those into characters the word assist trophy well lose all meaning
only characters that were assist trophys can get in if they had a good replacement
hector could take lyns place
btw hector is bad a**
Oliver>Hector any day
I just realized how awesome a fat beautiful saint fighting on final destination would look like.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
No one likes him though.

A-anyway, I'd prefer to stay with Lords in Fire Emblem, not secondary/minor/villians characters.

Either that, or make Fire Emblem with constant-histories in the same world for, say, 5 games (example: Akanea's Story starting from FE11 to FE16, no interruptions) and we can talk of adding any character aside of a Lord.

Edit: Wait a sec, what's the matter with my username!?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I think Smash should stay away from representing itself with characters like Master Hand and Sandbag. It's a bit of a rip-off considering how many viable characters there are and Sandbag/Master Hand/Tabuu etc would just waste a spot.

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I don't think SSB4 needs a ton more characters to be a better game. I mean, I would rather have 10 new good characters (like K. Rool, Ridley, Paper Mario, etc.) Than 25 new pointless ones (Come on people, we don't need the entire Sonic the Hedgehog cast!). People also seem to think that we need a ga-zillion new 3rd party characters when we're probably only going to get one new one.

My Roster:

Mario series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario series:
Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (Uncloned! Though he won't be.)
Toon Link (Uncloned!)
Tingle (I don't especially want him, but unfortunately, he has the best shot of LoZ characters)

Pokemon series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
5th Generation Newcomer

Starfox series:
Fox
Falco (Uncloned!)
Wolf

Metroid series:

Samus/ZSS
Ridley (Please no HE'S 2 BIG!!!11!!! flame wars.)

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Kirby series:
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King DeDeDe

Yoshi series:

Yoshi
Kamek

Wario series:
Wario

Mother series:
Ness
Lucas (Uncloned!)

F-Zero series:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Gorroh

Retro/Other series:
(All will have individual series in the game, but I didn't feel like writing them all out.)
Pit
ROB
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Little Mac

Third Parties:

(All will have individual series in the game, but I didn't feel like writing them all out.)
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

That's it. 10 newcomers, one cut (Lucario), 4 new movesets (Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas). So all in all, 13 new movesets.

FIRST POST!

majora_787

Smash Hero
no Daisy? come on now:ohwell:
Daisy's a costume...? ._.

I agree, we don't need A LOT of characters, we need GOOD ones. Like Ridley, K. Rool, and...maybe Paper Mario.
Don't deny it, if it happened with Toon Link anyone is vulnerable.

But if they remove people and then add several good characters, that's nice too. :bee:

We DO NOT need every sonic character with a name, face, and color. -_- My GOD.

One third party if snake and sonic stay. That, or both will be cycled out to bring in Bomberman and Megaman or something.

Smash Apprentice
One third party if snake and sonic stay. That, or both will be cycled out to bring in Bomberman and Megaman or something.
I think both should stay, Sonic has history with Nintendo now because of Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games (which, really, should have never been made, but...) and Snake will stay because Hideo Kojima and Sakurai are friends. Plus, we made need the extra characters, it seems Nintendo is running out of characters to put in the game. I mean, we almost got Toon Zelda.

Smash Apprentice
DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTERS!

Wouldn't that be amazing?
I actually disagree. Imagine how much it would cost to buy every character for every console at every tournament? I say just put all the characters in the game and raise the price, but as I said earlier, there shouldn't be many new characters anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually disagree. Imagine how much it would cost to buy every character for every console at every tournament? I say just put all the characters in the game and raise the price, but as I said earlier, there shouldn't be many new characters anyway.
I don't think downloadable characters would be a bad idea. You have to take into account that they can't just spew out new characters whenever they feel like. Besides, I doubt it would be that many characters since there are balancing issues that have to be taken into account.

I think we're better off seeing alternate characters and costumes than brand new characters.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I disagree with DLC characters entirely. I cannot fathom why people want a game to have "Card game" like properties where you have to fork out lots of money for a complete set and when the game is dead and gone it is impossible to have a complete set.

Keep DLC out of my fighting games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think both should stay, Sonic has history with Nintendo now because of Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games (which, really, should have never been made, but...) and Snake will stay because Hideo Kojima and Sakurai are friends. Plus, we made need the extra characters, it seems Nintendo is running out of characters to put in the game. I mean, we almost got Toon Zelda.
I wouldn't say that Nintendo is exactly running out of characters. They're not looking in the right places. R.O.B. was an okay, if not controversial, choice, but there are other characters like Saki, Captain Syrup, Tom Nook, Lip, and more just waiting to be picked.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
ok um **** the balance its a fighting game all i want is to make it less spamy uncloun and wifi thats the balance
btw more characters think about it in ssb4 comes out and its just same characters but updates which means bye bye to ssb5
i say a rAtio be set. 1 to 9 for 3rd party characters not including sonic cuz sonic/sega will be owned by nintendo

and plus more 3rd party canidates = more connections ,money, relationships nintendo will have and that can be useful for future reasons

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't think SSB4 needs a ton more characters to be a better game. I mean, I would rather have 10 new good characters (like K. Rool, Ridley, Paper Mario, etc.) Than 25 new pointless ones (Come on people, we don't need the entire Sonic the Hedgehog cast!). People also seem to think that we need a ga-zillion new 3rd party characters when we're probably only going to get one new one.

My Roster:

Mario series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Paper Mario series:
Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda series:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (Uncloned! Though he won't be.)
Toon Link (Uncloned!)
Tingle (I don't especially want him, but unfortunately, he has the best shot of LoZ characters)

Pokemon series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
5th Generation Newcomer

Starfox series:
Fox
Falco (Uncloned!)
Wolf

Metroid series:

Samus/ZSS
Ridley (Please no HE'S 2 BIG!!!11!!! flame wars.)

Donkey Kong series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Kirby series:
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King DeDeDe

Yoshi series:

Yoshi
Kamek

Wario series:
Wario

Mother series:
Ness
Lucas (Uncloned!)

F-Zero series:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Gorroh

Retro/Other series:
Pit
ROB
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Little Mac

Third Parties:

Sonic
Snake
Megaman

That's it. 10 newcomers, one cut (Lucario), 4 new movesets (Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucas). So all in all, 13 new movesets.

FIRST POST!
Looks like a nice roster to me, especially after seeing Paper Mario. However, you missed a few characters:
  • Lip
  • Diskun
  • Animal Crosser/Tom Nook
  • Ray
  • Stafy
  • Isaac
Also, Kamek doesn't have a great chance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ok um **** the balance its a fighting game all i want is to make it less spamy uncloun and wifi thats the balance
btw more characters think about it in ssb4 comes out and its just same characters but updates which means bye bye to ssb5
i say a rAtio be set. 1 to 9 for 3rd party characters not including sonic cuz sonic/sega will be owned by nintendo

and plus more 3rd party canidates = more connections ,money, relationships nintendo will have and that can be useful for future reasons
Believe me, fighting games need balance. There should not be glaring advantages that one character has over all others (Meta Knight).

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

That made a grand total of zero sense. Well done.

Balance in necessary- it's like putting a mouse against Optimus Prime- the massive robot will win. Every time. That takes the fun out of it.
I guess uncloun means uncloned, and while I do agree with this, if they are added at the last minute, and not instead of new unique characters then I'm OK with it, as it'll just mean more characters. For example, would you want 50 characters, or 50 characters, plus an extra 10 clones?

Nintendo will not own SEGA or Sonic, so I'll ignore that.
I also doubt a lot more 3rd party characters will come into the series, and it may very well be a one off thing, maybe Sonic being the only one of the two who will stay.

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I think these would be pretty cool playable characters, providing the possiblity of being able to give them good ssbb moves:

Crash Bandicoot
Cortez -TimeSplitters
Eggman

I think there should be another storymode but when you've completed it once you can just choose whichever character you want to play through it again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see Crash getting in anytime soon. However, his series is one of the few western series to have success in Japan, but Radical seems to be pulling a reverse MOTHER on the series.

Anyway, Crash's best chance in the future is if the next game becomes the Super Mario Galaxy of the Crash series.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Please, no Eggman. Sonic is a very legitimate addition to the game, one that I actually support. Eggman, or indeed any second character from the Sonic series, is just redundant.

Third party characters that I would like to see in the game:
Megaman
Bomberman
Black Mage

That's it. I'd be happy with just those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom