• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I know nothing about Resident Evil, yet I know that it's one of Capcom's Top 5 series. Just because you haven't played a series or know nothing about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. <_<
I played Megaman X3 when I was a kid for a few days, so I know/ can't remember absolutely anything about the series, other than the names X and Zero.
If not knowing who made a game is a crime, then I apologise, but I don't remember ever putting in my post that Megaman doesn't exist, I just forgot it was made by Capcom.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I played Megaman X3 when I was a kid for a few days, so I know/ can't remember absolutely anything about the series, other than the names X and Zero.
If not knowing who made a game is a crime, then I apologise, but I don't remember ever putting in my post that Megaman doesn't exist, I just forgot it was made by Capcom.
Well, your response was kinda meh. You could've said "Whoops, sorry, forgot Megaman, since I'm not too familiar with the series" - instead you wrote "Excuuuuuuuuse me, princess!". Okay you wrote "Excuse me for forgetting Megaman as I don't know anything about it"... but it had this undertone of "Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"

majora_787

Smash Hero
So what companies have a chance of having representation, anyway? Konami does, Sega does...Ubisoft does, their games are on Nintendo's systems all the time...I believe...I'd have to check. And apparently CAPCOM.

So...series I know in each...

Capcom has Mega Man, Street Fighter, Onimusha, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil...

Konami has Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Gonbare Geomon, and the unfortunate creations known as TMNT and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Sega, as far as I know, has Sonic the Hedgehog and House of The Dead. NiGHTS

Ubisoft...oh geeze... Rayman,
Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia, the three Tom Clancy's series...

And...that's all I got. I don't even think HALF of these series would be considered...and sadly for Doctor Salvador, Resident Evil may be one of them. ;_;

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
^ way to bias. lol

Capcom: Megaman, Street Fighter, Resident Evil (doubtful)
Konami: Metal Gear, Castlevania, Bomberman, Gradius (+ Spin-Offs), Goemon, perhaps Twinbee or Sparkster (if they decide to revive them)
Namco: Klonoa, Soul Calibur (doubtful)
Sega: Sonic, NiGHTS
Square-enix: Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, World of Mana-series, perhaps Chrono Trigger

That's pretty much all 3rd-Party series that could or should be considered, counting the fact that Smash will never ever use extremely sinister/gory series or characters using actual guns. That's the reason I doubt RE or SC will make it into Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
^ way to bias. lol

Capcom: Megaman, Street Fighter, Resident Evil (doubtful)
Konami: Metal Gear, Castlevania, Bomberman, Gradius (+ Spin-Offs), Goemon, perhaps Twinbee or Sparkster (if they decide to revive them)
Namco: Klonoa, Soul Calibur (doubtful)
Sega: Sonic, NiGHTS
Square-enix: Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, World of Mana-series, perhaps Chrono Trigger

That's pretty much all 3rd-Party series that could or should be considered, counting the fact that Smash will never ever use extremely sinister/gory series or characters using actual guns. That's the reason I doubt RE or SC will make it into Smash.
I didn't try to bias, I just don't play many sega games. <_< House of The Dead never called out to me.

Resident Evil doesn't have a HORRIBLE chance, I mean if they gave Leon just his knife and his explosives, where would the harm be? I mean, in the game he has like...five different explosive weapons. Chris has a knife too, and I think he has MORE explosives.

Oh, forgot Bomberman was made by Konami. =P Then again I don't see him as deserving anyway. Never heard of NiGHTS in huge detail, forgot about it. ._.

People always told me Square Enix would get reps when hell froze over. So don't blame me for that one.

And also, Soul Calibur is doubtful yes. Probably more because of Ivy than anything. But Voldo would be cool to play as, you have to admit.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I didn't mean the main characters, themselves, but rather their enemies and such.

While Metal Gear and Metroid are mature and dark series, too, they don't have disgusting rotten undead as part of their series - the former soldiers and robots and the latter aliens of all kinds.

Look at Resident Evil... Enemies like Nemesis or Lisa Trevor are usual sights here. That doesn't fit into Smash. =/

As for Soul Calibur - Nightmare and Voldo are pretty borderline, too, next to Ivy. As well as the general plot of the series.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
I didn't try to bias, I just don't play many sega games. <_< House of The Dead never called out to me.

Resident Evil doesn't have a HORRIBLE chance, I mean if they gave Leon just his knife and his explosives, where would the harm be? I mean, in the game he has like...five different explosive weapons. Chris has a knife too, and I think he has MORE explosives.

Oh, forgot Bomberman was made by Konami. =P Then again I don't see him as deserving anyway. Never heard of NiGHTS in huge detail, forgot about it. ._.

People always told me Square Enix would get reps when hell froze over. So don't blame me for that one.

And also, Soul Calibur is doubtful yes. Probably more because of Ivy than anything. But Voldo would be cool to play as, you have to admit.
will all mario can do is jump and shoot fire balls there i said it im satan for saying but whatever
jk
if that is the case wouldnt leon be much like snake mostly explosive. if they gave olimar an efficent move set i think nintendo can be creative enought to give leon, bomber man, megaman, nights....etc an effeicnt move set

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
will all mario can do is jump and shoot fire balls there i said it im satan for saying but whatever
jk
if that is the case wouldnt leon be much like snake mostly explosive. if they gave olimar an efficent move set i think nintendo can be creative enought to give leon, bomber man, megaman, nights....etc an effeicnt move set
What the hell are you trying to say?

Anyway, I really don't like to say that something doesn't fit into Smash, since I support Animal Crossing characters, but I agree with Spadefox. We don't want Smash 4 to lose the T rating, do we?

Also, I appreciate not seeing Geno/SMRPG on Spadefox's third party list.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't mean the main characters, themselves, but rather their enemies and such.

While Metal Gear and Metroid are mature and dark series, too, they don't have disgusting rotten undead as part of their series - the former soldiers and robots and the latter aliens of all kinds.

Look at Resident Evil... Enemies like Nemesis or Lisa Trevor are usual sights here. That doesn't fit into Smash. =/

As for Soul Calibur - Nightmare and Voldo are pretty borderline, too, next to Ivy. As well as the general plot of the series.
Well true. The actual characters wouldn't be a problem, and they could make them work out for a T-rated game, but that would be advertising games with Ivy and oozing Zombies. Who's/What's Lisa Trevor? =P I haven't played MUCH Resident Evil. I dunno much about Nemesis, or anything about Red zombies, so...yeah. Anything before the final battle of re3 is out of my knowledge. : D

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay then...that is one of the most disturbed things I have ever seen, second only to the lag I went to to open a youtube video of it.

But yeah. Anyway. Even if it's probably not gonna happen, it would be cool to see RE characters in smash. Or Voldo. But oh well. I guess that's why we have fan-made desktop games.

EDIT: Reading the above posts that I missed...wtf with the Mario thing?

And yeah, we don't want it to lose a T rating. If that happens it'll become another E for everyone game and it'll go from 50% fighting game 50% extras to 75% extras and 25% fighting. Which isn't a fighting game anymore.

But on the other hand, we don't want smash to become like whatever that PC game was called that Banchi came from... ._. Uh...anyway. Yeah.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Something I just found very lacking were the assist trophys
I saw little to no assist trophy of other Legend of Zelda Characters. I think Skull Kid with Majoras Mask would be a good one. Ingo riding his horse would be great as well. If assist trophys do reappear in the next smash bros I hope I see some zelda ones.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Something I just found very lacking were the assist trophys
I saw little to no assist trophy of other Legend of Zelda Characters. I think Skull Kid with Majoras Mask would be a good one. Ingo riding his horse would be great as well. If assist trophys do reappear in the next smash bros I hope I see some zelda ones.
1. That color text already gave Spade eye-cancer.
2. Skull Kid, yep, good idea. Already suggested once or twice, though.
3. Ingo? That's a new one...but there's not much to merit that, he only appeared in one game, and only met him for a brief race that took place as late as gerudo fortress. So...that probably wouldn't be their FIRST choice.

But yeah, it would be nice to see LoZ get more UNIQUE representation...I mean, they don't have a boss, either. And I'm sure people would vote Gohma.....probably.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Although there is some support for Stallord as a boss... but I'd rather have Gohma because she doesn't originate from a game that completely sucks.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@majora_787 and Spadefox: The characters not from Nintendo who have the best chance are
Uhhhhhh NONE OF THEM
Sonic should be a big red flag. If he barely made, what chance do any of these other characters have?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@majora_787 and Spadefox: The characters not from Nintendo who have the best chance are
Uhhhhhh NONE OF THEM
Sonic should be a big red flag. If he barely made, what chance do any of these other characters have?
Obviously you can't compare first-party characters' chances to third-party characters' chances...but there's a possibility that we'll get new third-party characters, so obviously different characters might have different chances of making it in.

Soul Calibur isn't that gory....

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemon is far too minor for Konami to be included. Although his games were fun, Konami has far more important series to represent - next to Metal Gear that would be Castlevania, Bomberman and perhaps Gradius or Twinbee.
Metal Gear already has a rep/
Castlevania and Bomberman have a higher chance
Gradius and Twinbee not so much. Either a ship or a series that is known even less than Goemon. One can hope though. Goemon still would fit the best out of all Kanomi reps/

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, something about having multiple characters from any one third-party series seems a bit wrong. I think Sonic and Snake should return along with a maximum of two new third party reps from separate series'. (My personal SSB4 lineup has none)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah, something about having multiple characters from any one third-party series seems a bit wrong. I think Sonic and Snake should return along with a maximum of two new third party reps from separate series'. (My personal SSB4 lineup has none)
exactly.

Snake
Goemon

Sonic
Nights

Megaman
Okami

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
exactly.

Snake
Goemon

Sonic
Nights

Megaman
Okami
Goemon, a now dead series, will OF COURSE take a spot before Castlevania does. What else.

Also, Okami? Yea, sure, cause a "series" that has only one game and will most likely never see a sequel will take a place before Capcom's old and long-going series like Street Fighter or even Resident Evil. Riiiiiiiiight.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemon, a now dead series, will OF COURSE take a spot before Castlevania does. What else.

Also, Okami? Yea, sure, cause a "series" that has only one game and will most likely never see a sequel will take a place before Capcom's old and long-going series like Street Fighter or even Resident Evil. Riiiiiiiiight.
1. Goemon is not a dead series. There is a new game coming out for it.
2. RE would not get in smash. Go with Street fighter.

on another subject. What about Adventure mode? I was thinking about it and depending on what characters were present, it could be epic.

Going on a realistic roster (Avoiding any of my biases like Wolf Link and Goemon) I could see the final roster being this
Mario Series and Other
Mario
>Luigi
Bowser
Peach
>Bowser Jr.
Wario
Yoshi

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong and Dixie (I honestly think Sakurai will try and put them together. If they work well apart also, it would be great.)
King K rool

Pokemon Series
Pokemon Trainer (Ivy, Char, Squ)
Pikachu
>Jigglypuff
>Lucario
>Mewtwo
>5th generation pokemon

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda / Sheik
>Ganondorf
>Toon Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero suit Samus
>Ridley

Starfox series
Fox
>Falco
>Wolf

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta-knight
>King Dedede

Fire Emblem series
Marth
>Ike
>new lord

System Characters
>Mr. Game and Watch
>ROB
>Diskun

Retro characters
Pit
Ice Climbers
lil mac

Earth Bound
Ness
>Lucas

F-zero Series
Captain Falcon
>Black Shadow

Other characters
>Isaac
Captain Olimar
>Ray 01
>Andy (Nintendo Wars series)
>Stafy

Third party characters
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

That is what I think the roster will consist of. Story mode should not be like it was. It needs to be a story. Not a big get-together party. We should see the characters grow from the experience. That being said, I think this should be Mewtwo's part in the story.

Mewtwo should be neutral / good. Not really on either side. Mewtwo was the first person to encounter the imposing dark armies run by Ganondorf, Ridley and others. He was spotted by Ganondorf, who in turn sent Wario out to get rid of him. Wario used troops from Hyrule and the Mushroom kingdom to attack Mewtwo, but Mewtwo had no trouble making his way to peaches castle. When almost in the kingdom, Wario catches up with him and both fight. Mewtwo proves to be the superior opponent, but Wario laughs, jumps out of the way and Ganondorf fires a huge blast of dark energy into Mewtwo. Mewtwo reacts to the energy and explodes in a fire ball that is seen throughout all kingdoms. This was the first warning of the oncoming war. Mewtwo died to warn the world.

or something like that.

Anyway, it needs to be an epic story with happiness and tragedy.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hm I think a better zelda boss would be Phantom Ganon. Then again Zant or Majora would make better bosses.
Yes. Deffinatly. Make me a boss NAO.

But anyway, all jokes aside... Okami isn't a series until it gets a sequel. There is TOTALLY a chance for new 3rd parties. Soul Calibur isn't THAT gory, but it has its...problems.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Your roster is good, drag0nscythe, but it needs moar Paper Mario, and Diddy doesn't need to be paired with Dixie.
Also, it's Starfy.

More like this:
(Parentheses denote an unlockable character)

Mario Series
Mario
(Luigi)
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
(King K. Rool)

Wario Series
Wario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Paper Mario Series
Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
(Ganondorf)
(Toon Link)

Rosy Rupeeland Series
Tingle (don't judge me)

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
(Ridley)

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
(Meta Knight)

Teh Space Furreh Star Fox Series
Fox
(Falco)
(Wolf)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
(Samurai Goroh)/(Black Shadow)

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
(Jigglypuff)
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
(Mewtwo) (It goes without saying that he would be replaced by a new series, if applicable)
(Fifth Gen Pokemon)

Fire Emblem Series
New Lord
(Ike)
(Marth)

Mother Series
Lucas
(Ness)

Retro Series
Ice Climbers
Pit
(Mr. Game and Watch)
(ROB)
(Diskun)
(Lip)

Other Series
Olimar
Animal Crosser/Tom Nook
Little Mac
(Isaac)
Starfy

Third Parties
(Megaman)
(Simon Belmont)

49 characters, 53 movesets.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm going to say that I think there's a lowish chance of Mewtwo getting back in, especially since Lucario (a similar character- misread that as clone and I'll :mad:) is proving extremely popular now. I would like Mewtwo back though.

If Mewtwo was to have a story role it should be optional boss.

I also want to see a villain for every series, so that characters such as Ness have someone evil in their series to fight, not against the sequels protagonist.

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I'm going to say that I think there's a lowish chance of Mewtwo getting back in, especially since Lucario (a similar character- misread that as clone and I'll :mad:) is proving extremely popular now. I would like Mewtwo back though.

If Mewtwo was to have a story role it should be optional boss.

I also want to see a villain for every series, so that characters such as Ness have someone evil in their series to fight, not against the sequels protagonist.
Yeah, I think the villain idea is good.

I really like Lucario though, although having Mewtwo would rock :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I vote for the all powerful :034: Nidoking And nidoqueen as a different look.

I have always thought Nidoking is the most bad*** pink thing ever Chances are he would have a well rounded moveset just like in pokemon and hey nidoking has as good of a chance as other pokemon

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think that if Nidoking was going to be in smash, they would have done it back a little bit. Like in 64 or Melee. But seeing as he's a Non-Starter, and a Non-Legendary, I don't think he'd make it. Maybe he could have his own pokeball item though.
And I think that Bomberman should make it in over someone like Diskun or Simon Belmont.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Change of subject.

I believe Nintendo missed out on a couple of really good songs to put into Brawl, sure they are a little obscure. Than again so was Tunnel Scene, Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo), Shin Onigashima; heck Pictochat didn't even exist until Brawl. So I do not think that is to big a factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMHWxN2U_w

Name: Club Leader Duel (Pokemon Trading Card Game)
Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2
Composer: Ichiro Shimakura

This was a great song from a relatively good game that tried to capitalize on the Pokémon trading card phenomenon of the 90's. This song has a strong battle feel to it, even though the only thing you are attempting to do is play a card game. Good song that sadly was overlooked; another good possible song choice from here would have been the Great Leader Duel song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQ6rLeRxyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZuNvs-GC4

Name: Dungeon Theme or Test Of Island Courage as I have heard it named before. (Startropics)
Stage: Either Pirate Ship or Mario Bros.
Composer: ?

This is a classic, it had two games and a killer soundtrack during the 8-bit reign. I was quite surprised when I saw they skipped out on this one, oh well there is only so much you can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDLoncWz30

Name: Stone Tower Temple (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Stage: Pirate Ship
Composer: Koji Kondo

Technically we had a Majora's Mask song in Brawl, the Main Field Theme from MM. While the gesture was nice, I would rather prefer something more original from, like Stone Tower Temple. The song captures the plots mysterious intrigue and the stages vast size very well, it was a good song all around. One to me that was the highlight of Majora's Mask itself, and one that should have highly been considered instead of Field Theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8BJ7xmzws

Name: Gnat Attack 1
Stage: Flat Zone 2 or Pictochat
Composer: Kazumi Totaka

It's Mario Paint! One song would have been appreciated from the series... One that was so iconic because of it's musical genius, and what you could make out of it. Like getting PaintRoll'd! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZr3JWYdy8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9_RnUZf9n4

Name: King K. Rool Theme (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Stage: Rumble Falls
Composer: David Wise

Ahhhhh, such sweet memories... This was by far the best battle theme out of all 4 of the Donkey Kong games, it was a great song that would have gone even better with a certain green crocodile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJb4-77d_s

Name: Kracken of the Sea (Earthbound)
Stage: New Pork City, although FOURSIDE would have been nice!!!
Composer: Keiichi Suzuki, Hirokazu Tanaka

Why Nintendo hates this series is beyond me, luckily I still have an SNES with a copy of Earthbound. :)

This is just personally my favorite song and one I think would go well, but I think the only one that would truly work the best would be Pokey Means Business! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4z82byt5mA

Another personal favorite is Sanctuary Fortress, but since they chose a horrible stage to represent the Prime series I understand why this would not work. I also understand why there were no tracks from Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy (let alone a stage), although I drool at the thought of Theresa Waltz (Ghostly Galaxy) on Luigi's Mansion. I also was looking forward to battling to some Megaman tunes, I don't need to say more on that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMHWxN2U_w

Name: Club Leader Duel (Pokemon Trading Card Game)
Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2
Composer: Ichiro Shimakura

This was a great song from a relatively good game that tried to capitalize on the Pokémon trading card phenomenon of the 90's. This song has a strong battle feel to it, even though the only thing you are attempting to do is play a card game. Good song that sadly was overlooked; another good possible song choice from here would have been the Great Leader Duel song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQ6rLeRxyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8BJ7xmzws

Name: Gnat Attack 1
Stage: Flat Zone 2 or Pictochat
Composer: Kazumi Totaka

It's Mario Paint! One song would have been appreciated from the series... One that was so iconic because of it's musical genius, and what you could make out of it. Like getting PaintRoll'd! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZr3JWYdy8
Yes! I loved the Pokemon TCG for the Game Boy and I wish they had at the very least included a song from that game. There were some really good ones (the ones you already posted), and maybe the Menu theme (when you press start) could've been thrown in...somewhere.

I'm also of the opinion that Mario Paint would've been a better stage than Picto Chat. ;)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Your roster is good, drag0nscythe, but it needs moar Paper Mario, and Diddy doesn't need to be paired with Dixie.
Also, it's Starfy.

More like this:
(Parentheses denote an unlockable character)

Mario Series
Mario
(Luigi)
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
(King K. Rool)

Wario Series
Wario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi

Paper Mario Series
Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
(Ganondorf)
(Toon Link)

Rosy Rupeeland Series
Tingle (don't judge me)

Metroid Series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
(Ridley)

Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
(Meta Knight)

Teh Space Furreh Star Fox Series
Fox
(Falco)
(Wolf)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
(Samurai Goroh)/(Black Shadow)

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
(Jigglypuff)
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard)
(Mewtwo) (It goes without saying that he would be replaced by a new series, if applicable)
(Fifth Gen Pokemon)

Fire Emblem Series
New Lord
(Ike)
(Marth)

Mother Series
Lucas
(Ness)

Retro Series
Ice Climbers
Pit
(Mr. Game and Watch)
(ROB)
(Diskun)
(Lip)

Other Series
Olimar
Animal Crosser/Tom Nook
Little Mac
(Isaac)
Starfy

Third Parties
(Megaman)
(Simon Belmont)

49 characters, 53 movesets.
I won't Judge you. I do disagree with you though. I do not think Paper mario would make it. We already have 1 mario (don't use link please.) and judging by sakurai's ability with movesets, paper mario would most likely have paper fludd. As for Tingle, I think he will always be stuck as an AT (where he should be.)

I still think Sakurai will pair diddy up with Dixie. He just liked the idea to much and only dropped it because of his staff. Nothing stopping him from trying it again. (If Diddy fights just like he does now, would it matter if he had a partner?)

Oh, I also think there will be a no cuts policy in the next game (considering the fan uproar over the cuts for brawl.) Lucario will probably stay.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
um u do know ssb4 well have a big roster since statisticaly it well come out around 2015(sakurais busy ppl) and u have to admit 3rd party characters in high demend unfortanitly/eh whatever/yah(different expression twords different types of ssb fans)
the characters i wana see the most are
knuckles
dig dug
issac
darkrai
bomberman
skull kid
but recently i want that 1 dude from avalon code to be in his game did sell will idk if hes owned by nintendo

Serph

Smash Journeyman
This is my lineup. It's based on a combination of who realistically has a chance, and who I personally want to see. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but you've got to stay within the realm of possibility.

(note: the selection screen is back to the Melee-style, so there are no restrictions. I do have a mock screenshot showing how everything fits into place, but it isn't quite finished)

Mario series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Petey Piranha

Kirby series
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Pikmin series
Olimar

Golden Sun series
Isaac

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K.Rool

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Wario series
Wario

Zelda series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati

Starfox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario

Metroid series
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Samurai Goroh

Mother series
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Roy
Ike

Assorted retro series
Pit
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B

Sonic series
Sonic

Metal Gear series
Snake

• You can replace Petey with Bowser Jr. if you like. He's definitely more likely, but I personally would love to see Petey Piranha as a playable character, and I actually don't think he's as unlikely as you'd think
  • Samurai Goroh is kind of filler...realistically F-Zero isn't going to receive two new reps, but I needed an extra character. You could probably switch him out for a new FE rep
  • Vaati's chances kind of depend on whether or not we see him in another Zelda game. He's still the best choice for a fifth (or rather, sixth) Zelda rep, though
  • Deoxys' place would probably be filled by a fifth gen Pokemon. Again, that's just who I'd rather see right now

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I won't Judge you. I do disagree with you though. I do not think Paper mario would make it. We already have 1 mario (don't use link please.) and judging by sakurai's ability with movesets, paper mario would most likely have paper fludd. As for Tingle, I think he will always be stuck as an AT (where he should be.)

I still think Sakurai will pair diddy up with Dixie. He just liked the idea to much and only dropped it because of his staff. Nothing stopping him from trying it again. (If Diddy fights just like he does now, would it matter if he had a partner?)

Oh, I also think there will be a no cuts policy in the next game (considering the fan uproar over the cuts for brawl.) Lucario will probably stay.
Paper FLUDD? And, yes, Dr. Mario, Young Link and Toon Link all made it in, and if you've played any Paper Mario at all you'd realize it has distanced itself more from mainstream Mario enormously, much more so then the other character's games.

Tingle is not only the most bad*ss, unique, manly video game character ever, he has enormous popularity in Japan. Clearly the only reason people don't like him is because they think he's a pedo or whatever.

Source? Diddy is more popular then Dixie anyhow and it doesn't make sense to pair them now. Diddy Kong is the second most important Donkey Kong series rep, and he doesn't need to be dragged down with the fourth most important.

The fan uproar over cuts was mostly because of the amount of characters and how popular the characters were- especially Mewtwo. Mewtwo and Lucario are sort of "flavor-of-the-month" Pokemon. I put Mewtwo in because he still has some popularity, but Lucario needs to go.

EDIT: drag0nscythe, your roster was still very good, but Serph... Petey Piranha? Krystal? Lack of a bunch of new series characters like Animal Crosser/Tom Nook and Starfy?

Serph

Smash Journeyman
As I said, Petey is more of a personal choice. But he's still the second most recurring Mario series boss after Bowser, and he has plenty of options when it comes to his moveset.

Krystal is something of a blind choice. I know virtually nothing about Starfox, but her character does seem rather popular from where I'm standing, and I believe I'm right in thinking she uses a staff. We could use a variety of combat styles.

I haven't included any Animal Crossing reps for the simple reason that I can't ever imagine one actually fighting, or how they could craft a moveset around an AC character.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
As I said, Petey is more of a personal choice. But he's still the second most recurring Mario series boss after Bowser, and he has plenty of options when it comes to his moveset.

Krystal is something of a blind choice. I know virtually nothing about Starfox, but her character does seem rather popular from where I'm standing, and I believe I'm right in thinking she uses a staff. We could use a variety of combat styles.

I haven't included any Animal Crossing reps for the simple reason that I can't ever imagine one actually fighting, or how they could craft a moveset around an AC character.
Okay, fair enough, but Petey makes much more of a boss or Assist Trophy then a playable character.

The problem with Krystal is not only that Star Fox does not deserve reps, it's that for everyone who supports her there are people (like me) who hate her.

It wouldn't be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom