• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I think these would be pretty cool playable characters, providing the possiblity of being able to give them good ssbb moves:

Crash Bandicoot
Cortez -TimeSplitters
Eggman

I think there should be another storymode but when you've completed it once you can just choose whichever character you want to play through it again.
As cool as Cortez would be, the fact Free Radical doesn't exist anymore just cuts his already non existent chances.

He would work though= http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6303601&postcount=7668
Self advertisement FTW!

Crash is also a cool yet unlikely choice, and Dr. Eggman is probably my most wanted 3rd party, other than Sora and Megaman, due to him being the second most iconic Sonic character, after the hedgehog himself. The fact he got no mention outside a trophy and maybe a sticker was terrible, especially since Shadow was a trophy, and Silver had a Green Hill cameo when Amy didn't!

A new storymode would be cool, but it should stick close to the franchises.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If they really run out of character ideas, they should just look through games of the year. It might trigger something.

Leon Kennedy and Doctor Salvador, anyone? ........anyone?
Okay, maybe not. But I can dream.

But yeah, DLC seems like an OKAY idea. But if that happened, it would feel like that Marvel Capcom game, which I hated. I don't judge games without playing unless I can smell the horribleness coming from the advertisement. Plus, if DLC showed up with a big smile in a few years, we wouldn't get a new smash bros. game. We'd get new characters and stages.

But anyway, back on the subject of Salvador in SSB4...
I'm KIDDING...mostly.

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I agree that there is little chance of Crash ever getting into a SSBB game, but you can't blame a person for hoping heehee :p :bee:

With Eggman, I was kinda just thinking of a badguy to put in it, and Eggmans just really funny so was thinking of a good kinda comedy type 'evil' character.

I didn't know they couldn't put characters in if the company that made em didn't exsist anymore. Although that does make sense, because they have no one to ask permission to use em :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
With Eggman, I was kinda just thinking of a badguy to put in it, and Eggmans just really funny so was thinking of a good kinda comedy type 'evil' character.

I didn't know they couldn't put characters in if the company that made em didn't exsist anymore.
If a comedy villain is going to get in it has to be/will be K.Rool, but Eggman is the best choice for a 3rd party villain.
And yes, the company do need to exist XD.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If a comedy villain is going to get in it has to be/will be K.Rool, but Eggman is the best choice for a 3rd party villain.
I'm resisting the urge to say Salvador is next on that list....

ANYWAY, we don't need Eggman. We have SONIC. When half the roster is nintendo, ten sonic characters, five metal gear characters and ten other third parties nobody even REMEMBERS, you'll be annoyed that there were many wasted roster spots.

Can we just LEAVE IT at HEROES and MASCOTS? I don't see a problem with the system. -_-

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
lol shu'up! :p

The people who made the company still exsist. It's not like: company goes into administration - company staff go *BOOM* They're still around....somewhere lol.

(does that rubbish reasoning kinda excuse my Cortez Idea stupidity? - It doesn't does it not :( :laugh: )

I get what you're saying about Eggman though :bee:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
lol shu'up! :p

The people who made the company still exsist. It's not like: company goes into administration - company staff go *BOOM* They're still around....somewhere lol.

(does that rubbish reasoning kinda excuse my Cortez Idea stupidity? - It doesn't does it not :( :laugh: )

I get what you're saying about Eggman though :bee:
But they don't have the rights to the franchise any more I don't think, so they can't say whether or not he could be in.

I'm resisting the urge to say Salvador is next on that list....

ANYWAY, we don't need Eggman. We have SONIC. When half the roster is nintendo, ten sonic characters, five metal gear characters and ten other third parties nobody even REMEMBERS, you'll be annoyed that there were many wasted roster spots.

Can we just LEAVE IT at HEROES and MASCOTS? I don't see a problem with the system. -_-
Eggman would be the best Sonic character other than Sonic himself. Alex Kidd would be the best 2nd Sega mascot.

I still believe that each franchise should have a villain however.

Smash Apprentice
My only problem with Eggman is that in all the Sonic games he used robots to fight. but only using one robot isn't a good representation, using all of them wouldn't make a good moveset. Using none would be, well a horrid character. I really think no other Sonic character should make it in, but if anyone does, it should be Tails.

Alex Kidd would be the best 2nd Sega mascot.
What about NiGHTS?

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
My only problem with Eggman is that in all the Sonic games he used robots to fight. but only using one robot isn't a good representation, using all of them wouldn't make a good moveset. Using none would be, well a horrid character. I really think no other Sonic character should make it in, but if anyone does, it should be Tails.

What about NiGHTS?
Yeah, that's a good point. Does he ever fight on his own, other than on boss battles when he'd in the ship? Cus you can't really have him flying at you in a ship all of the time lol :laugh:

Tails rocks, but I think too many people dislike him though.

Talking of Sonic characters, I'm not even gonna consider Vector, other than him probably being sucky on Brawl, theres a chance he's have the 'find the computer room' quote as a taunt, and I don't really want to get the urge to throw the Wii out of the window :laugh:

Smash Apprentice
I forgot about NiGHTS.
That game is too hard :laugh:.

That'd be the best choice, Alex Kidd was just personal preference XD.
If I recall, Alex Kidd was Sega's mascot at one point, so he may have a chance.

But, I don't think he was ever on a Nintendo system, seeing as that was back in the gaming wars between the two companies. :psycho:

majora_787

Smash Hero
But they don't have the rights to the franchise any more I don't think, so they can't say whether or not he could be in.

Eggman would be the best Sonic character other than Sonic himself. Alex Kidd would be the best 2nd Sega mascot.

I still believe that each franchise should have a villain however.
Well, I guess if we had one new 3rd party and added one secondary to each of them...like...Liquid Snake / Gray Fox, Knuckles, and....uhh....someone from Megaman...then it could work out.

Or, it could be Leon and Salvador as 3rd parties. I wouldn't complain much there. :bee:

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's a good point. Does he ever fight on his own, other than on boss battles when he'd in the ship? Cus you can't really have him flying at you in a ship all of the time lol :laugh:

Tails rocks, but I think too many people dislike him though.

Talking of Sonic characters, I'm not even gonna consider Vector, other than him probably being sucky on Brawl, theres a chance he's have the 'find the computer room' quote as a taunt, and I don't really want to get the urge to throw the Wii out of the window :laugh:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR NOT SAYING SHADOW! Shadow is what you get when you try to make your character "cool". But instead you get a lame brooding emo hedgehog shooting people for no apparent reason. For me he marks the end of Sonic.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Tails would be the best choice for a second Sonic series rep, but the point is moot since we only need one rep for each third party series. The space for third parties is limited enough to do that. SSB4 would please more people if it represented more third party series. And Snake and Sonic need to be cut to represent more third party series like Megaman and Castlevania.
*flameshield*

majora_787

Smash Hero
Tails would be the best choice for a second Sonic series rep, but the point is moot since we only need one rep for each third party series. The space for third parties is limited enough to do that. SSB4 would please more people if it represented more third party series. And Snake and Sonic need to be cut to represent more third party series like Megaman and Castlevania.
*flameshield*
*Flames for saying Castlevania and not Resident Evil* The chainsaw maniacs need love too. :laugh:

Anyway, I dunno. I hear Bomberman more than Castlevania, but I'd say Bomberman is the less deserving of the two. And I think you're right, there's a chance they'll rotate...

Except, they'll rotate to make room for Norris and Salvador, and then the 3rd party newbs will be added a year into development after they've made the enormous space-consuming story mode.

EDIT: For me, it was Sonic Heroes that kind of ended it...but I picked it up for Sonic Riders, fast-paced racers always have a way of pulling me in...even if it is animals on hoverboards.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If there's gonna be a Resident Evil protagonist it'll have a good chance of being Jill Valentine, then Chris, then Leon.
Jill has starred in a lot of Capcom spinoff games, Chris was the original protagonist (the Marth of RE) and Leon starred in what some call one of the best games in recent memory.
The perfect villain would definitely be Tyrant from the original game.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
If you cut Snake and Sonic, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of adding more third-party series? ;)

I guess the idea is that Snake and Sonic have already been represented now. I dunno, I would prefer to see only new third parties in SSB4.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If there's gonna be a Resident Evil protagonist it'll have a good chance of being Jill Valentine, then Chris, then Leon.
Jill has starred in a lot of Capcom spinoff games, Chris was the original protagonist (the Marth of RE) and Leon starred in what some call one of the best games in recent memory.
The perfect villain would definitely be Tyrant from the original game.
Yeah, but Leon was the one most recently on a nintendo system. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, Redfield never met Dr. Salvador, so why would they be repping together? :bee:

Actually though, I would rather see Wesker in over Nemesis, but Nemesis is a close second.

EDIT: Actually, forget that. The "Marth" of Resident Evil most likely would be head, shoulders, and over-widthed arms over the...what would that be, "Krystal" of Resident Evil? XD

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yeah, but Leon was the one most recently on a nintendo system. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, Redfield never met Dr. Salvador, so why would they be repping together? :bee:

Actually though, I would rather see Wesker in over Nemesis, but Nemesis is a close second.

EDIT: Actually, forget that. The "Marth" of Resident Evil most likely would be head, shoulders, and over-widthed arms over the...what would that be, "Krystal" of Resident Evil? XD
I forgot about Wesker, but were I'm up to on Resident Evil he's still a good guy (just after Forrest dies on the original)- as you can tell I'm a huge fan of the franchise :laugh:.
It was the very first PSone game I bought though lol.

Capcom has a lot more other franchises that would get in before RE though, probably either Viewtiful Joe or Street Fighter.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I forgot about Wesker, but were I'm up to on Resident Evil he's still a good guy (just after Forrest dies on the original)- as you can tell I'm a huge fan of the franchise :laugh:.
It was the very first PSone game I bought though lol.

Capcom has a lot more other franchises that would get in before RE though, probably either Viewtiful Joe or Street Fighter.
Well, I dunno if Wesker's exactly NICE anymore...mugging people with some grotesque martial arts stuff.

But anyway, I never played Viewtiful Joe, so I can't say well, but Resident Evil is TOTALLY deserving of a spot. It's an awesome series, and like Metal Gear, is directed toward a mature audience. So it can work. And there are possibilities, too. Chris and his huge-*** arms, Leon and his...uhm..."pretty" hair, Wesker, and Nemesis if you really wanna go there.

But Street Fighter? Really? I haven't ever heard Street Fighter and Smash Bros. used together in a sentence before except when comparing them.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
That made a grand total of zero sense. Well done.

Balance in necessary- it's like putting a mouse against Optimus Prime- the massive robot will win. Every time. That takes the fun out of it.
I guess uncloun means uncloned, and while I do agree with this, if they are added at the last minute, and not instead of new unique characters then I'm OK with it, as it'll just mean more characters. For example, would you want 50 characters, or 50 characters, plus an extra 10 clones?

Nintendo will not own SEGA or Sonic, so I'll ignore that.
I also doubt a lot more 3rd party characters will come into the series, and it may very well be a one off thing, maybe Sonic being the only one of the two who will stay.
nintendo already owns shares of sega and their relationship is close so statisticaly yes they prbly will
games do need balance but thats what i ment by less spamy more non cloned char and having a great advantage is not bad like ike powerful but still able to be KO ed

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know what will be awesome? If Tornado Kirby was Kirby's Final Smash in the next Smash, everyone will lose at least two stocks. >=D

rockem7

Smash Ace
I might have missed it, but could someone please explain why Tom Nook/Animal Crosser needs to be in the game?
I mean like, I understand that Isaac could be freaking amazing, but what would they do, throw a fishing rod at you?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But instead you get a lame brooding emo hedgehog shooting people for no apparent reason.
olololol

You're an idiot. You know why? Because you call Shadow emo. That's why. You don't even seem to know any of the background story of Shadow, and if you do, then you obviously never were confronted with a severe loss.
Shadow is not "emo". He's confused about what his purpose is and upset because he lost the only person he loved (Maria) and wasn't able to save her. But mainly he's confused.

Seriously, if you wake up after like 50 years in a fridge, find yourself confronted with the memories of losing the only person you love, knowing nobody in this new world and not knowing why you were awakened and why you were created in the first place... Don't tell me you'd go, throw flowers and sing "If you're happy and you know it".

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
But anyway, I never played Viewtiful Joe, so I can't say well, but Resident Evil is TOTALLY deserving of a spot.

But Street Fighter? Really? I haven't ever heard Street Fighter and Smash Bros. used together in a sentence before except when comparing them.
Viewtiful Joe was originally made for a CAPCOM Nintendo exclusive, but Playstation got 3 of the games (the two main one's and one of the spin offs).
Red Hot Rumble was similar to Smash Bros. in the sense it was a 4 player fighting game, but unlike SSB, it contained minigames in battle. It just helps to show that VJ could work in a fighting game.

Street Fighter is CAPCOM's biggest series, and knowing them Ryu would be the first character they'd suggest for Smash.

nintendo already owns shares of sega and their relationship is close so statisticaly yes they prbly will
games do need balance but thats what i ment by less spamy more non cloned char and having a great advantage is not bad like ike powerful but still able to be KO ed
Ike isn't the best character to walk the Smash Bros. scene.....

rockem7

Smash Ace
I think that an update for Ike should be one ranged attack which is Ragnell's ability. Like, how he slashes from long range in the FE game, the same ability as Alondite.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I apologise for forgetting about Megaman, a series I know nothing about.
I know nothing about Resident Evil, yet I know that it's one of Capcom's Top 5 series. Just because you haven't played a series or know nothing about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. <_<

Smash Apprentice
olololol

You're an idiot. You know why? Because you call Shadow emo. That's why. You don't even seem to know any of the background story of Shadow, and if you do, then you obviously never were confronted with a severe loss.
Shadow is not "emo". He's confused about what his purpose is and upset because he lost the only person he loved (Maria) and wasn't able to save her. But mainly he's confused.

Seriously, if you wake up after like 50 years in a fridge, find yourself confronted with the memories of losing the only person you love, knowing nobody in this new world and not knowing why you were awakened and why you were created in the first place... Don't tell me you'd go, throw flowers and sing "If you're happy and you know it".
Sorry, I guess I did pinpoint Shadow a bit to much. it's just to me that the whole 3-D era of Sonic has been a letdown. I mean, aside from the Adventure series, it's been only crap. Plus, I knew people who were upset with Sonic in the game because they would have rather seen Shadow. Or maybe I'm just biased since Sonic 2 is the first game I played. Probably that one.

Anyways, as an idea for Smash 4, how about special throws? Like, you grab someone, press B and a direction, and they do a throw incorporating a special attack. Mario would grab someone and shoot a fireball at them, Link could plant a bomb on them, etc. etc.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
While everyone is on the subject of 3rd party.

Goemon from the mystical Ninja series would be perfect.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
olololol

That's great and all, but that isn't going to make him/her like the character any more or less. He'll still see him as emo and not like him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
While everyone is on the subject of 3rd party.

Goemon from the mystical Ninja series would be perfect.
Goemon is far too minor for Konami to be included. Although his games were fun, Konami has far more important series to represent - next to Metal Gear that would be Castlevania, Bomberman and perhaps Gradius or Twinbee.

~

That's great and all, but that isn't going to make him/her like the character any more or less. He'll still see him as emo and not like him.
vvv

Sorry, I guess I did pinpoint Shadow a bit to much. it's just to me that the whole 3-D era of Sonic has been a letdown. I mean, aside from the Adventure series, it's been only crap. Plus, I knew people who were upset with Sonic in the game because they would have rather seen Shadow. Or maybe I'm just biased since Sonic 2 is the first game I played. Probably that one.
Also, I played Sonic 1 first, too (and Sonic 2 shortly after), and I enjoyed most of the newer Sonic games, actually. I also liked Shadow's game.

Smash Apprentice
It's not exactly Shadow hate, I actually like the character, it's just a lot of people I know act like he's the greatest video game character ever, and it get's very annoying. So, yeah. It's my third day on the Smash Boards, so I decided to try and stay very un-controversial. Guess that didn't work. :laugh:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Fanboys/Fangirls are always annoying.

It's the same with Final Fantasy series (ESPECIALLY VII), Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, etc.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Fanboys/Fangirls are always annoying.

It's the same with Final Fantasy series (ESPECIALLY VII), Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, etc.
Don't remind me about FFVII. I've never played any Final Fantasy games, but from what I've heard, it's obvious that VI was the last good one. Yet there are so many people who love to call FFVII the greatest game ever, when it's clear that the real best game ever is World of Goo. :p
I guess I'm being a World of Goo fanboy, but at least World of Goo is actually good.

I might have missed it, but could someone please explain why Tom Nook/Animal Crosser needs to be in the game?
I mean like, I understand that Isaac could be freaking amazing, but what would they do, throw a fishing rod at you?
Because Animal Crossing is a series with popularity in both Japan and out of Japan, with three games that sold well. Whether a character fights or not has no bearing on their chances- ROB just moved around colored disks and gyroscopes, and the Ice Climbers just swung their hammers occasionally!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I know nothing about Resident Evil, yet I know that it's one of Capcom's Top 5 series. Just because you haven't played a series or know nothing about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. <_<
Let me help you out: Leon, Chris, Dr. Salvador, Wesker, Nemesis. ALL you need to know right there in relation to smash bros.

Anime fanboys/girls get pretty bad too, if I had a dollar for every time I heard "Put saskay in teh brawlz..." Well let's just say I'd own the castle in Re4. Scary stuff, it is. Really. But then again, I don't hate them for HOPING, I hate how they hope. <_< I mean, if you want japanese swordsmen, emo ninjas, and little girls with animal parts in smash, more power to ya...but if you act like a total ignorant dip when you go into it....eh.

I don't blame SHADOW for the fall of sonic. I blame Big the cat, and Sonic Heroes. Mostly Sonic Heroes.

I have to look up some of these series, I've never heard of Twinbee, Gradius, or Viewtiful Joe (Much.)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Twinbee is used as a kind of a mascot for Konami's less serious games.

Gradius is actually a pretty huge series. It started in the 80s, is one of Konami's oldest and longest going series with several spin-offs (Salamander, Nemesis, Parodius, Otomedius - the latter being a spin-off of Parodius, haha). It also appears as cameo in many of the other Konami games; Vic Viper, it's main "protagonist", the ever-recurring Moai heads...

It's an awesome shooter series. Vic Viper for SSB4. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom