• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Leon's been in every Star Fox game (except SFA, which I pretend doesn't exist). He's had more than a minor role (member of Star Wolf), and has the most original moveset potential out of all the Star Fox characters (Assuming Bowser Jr. takes the helm of staff-wielder, which he probably will).
I love you Magikarp guys. <3

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bowser Jr.

From ****ing Super Mario Sunshine, aka the worst game of all-time.

Really?
Mario Sunshine is actually an excellent game. Not your normal Mario fare, obviously, but still very original and fun.

I can see how you wouldn't like it though.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Leon's been in every Star Fox game (except SFA, which I pretend doesn't exist). He's had more than a minor role (member of Star Wolf), and has the most original moveset potential out of all the Star Fox characters (Assuming Bowser Jr. takes the helm of staff-wielder, which he probably will).
OBJECTION!
Leon wasn't in the original Star Fox, either. And I can't say that a minor role in three games is really enough to win over a major character in three games. Also, Leon has little-to-no preexisting moveset potential and Krystal does. And even if Bowser Jr. is a "staff-wielder" he'd be considerably different than Krystal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He's been in a loooot more then that >_>[/FONT]
Ayup. Bowser Jr. just is the main antagonist in Sunshine.

@C.Olimar:
Major character in three games?

Calling Leon minor and Krystal major in Assault and Command is not what I would do, Sir. Krystal is as minor as Falco and Wolf, and both are in Smash, as well. Not to mention that Leon is Falco's nemesis, aaaaand that Krystal isn't that major in Adventures, too. You play her in the prologue and after that you only have to save her because she's such a dumb damsel.

Fox has one of his wingmen, so why not let have Wolf one of his? Besides Krystal is whoring through Lylat and I don't want to see such dull characters, plzkthx~

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ayup. Bowser Jr. just is the main antagonist in Sunshine.

@C.Olimar:

Calling Leon minor and Krystal major in Assault and Command is not what I would do, Sir. Krystal is as minor as Falco and Wolf, and both are in Smash, as well. Not to mention that Leon is Falco's nemesis, aaaaand that Krystal isn't that major in Adventures, too. You play her in the prologue and after that you only have to save her because she's such a dumb damsel.

Fox has one of his wingmen, so why not let have Wolf one of his? Besides Krystal is whoring through Lylat and I don't want to see such dull characters, plzkthx~
I'd have to say I completely agree with you.

Bowser Jr. is Mario's equivalent to Zelda's Skull Kid - both were the main antagonists in the most bizarre titles in their respective series, and if Skull Kid doesn't have a chance of getting in, neither does Bowser Jr. For the record, both were present in their series' latest adventure renditions (SMG and TP), so they're still in the same boat.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Because on a popularity scale of Star Fox characters:

Fox > Falco > Wolf > Krystal > Slippy > Peppy > Leon.

By the way, Leon is gay.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

Saying Krystal's minor in Adventures is like saying Peach is minor in just about every mainstream Mario ever. :p And since Krystal is basically Fox's girlfriend and a pretty major part of Star Fox Command and a lot of its plot points that kind of puts her ahead of Leon, who doesn't really do much besides follow Wolf and be awesome. :K Though I admit she could be considered minor in Assault, where she's only really another team member that has an amusing cutscene on Sauria.

I don't think Star Fox really needs a fourth rep, anyway, but if it did it should be a character that can represent the different style of Adventures (assuming, of course, Falco or Wolf gets an Assault moveset, which one of them should).

Also, Krystal is extremely popular. Though I admit she's has a lot of hate going on her also. :p

The thing is, I can't see Leon bringing anything to the table. Sure, he could get a Star Fox: Assault based moveset, but unless Sakurai's dead-set on keeping Falco and Wolf both semi-clonish than that wouldn't really be anything new.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Top 10
1. Midna
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong
4. Captain Rainbow
5. Issac
6. K. Rool
7. Megaman
8. RayMKII
9. Geno
10. Mewtwo

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Saying Krystal's minor in Adventures is like saying Peach is minor in just about every mainstream Mario ever. :p
Well, that's what she is, though.

However, since she's playable in SMB2, the major character in Super Princess Peach and in a whole lot of spin-offs, whereas she also rules over the place the Mario games take place mostly. That makes her pretty major, imo.
Krystal on the other hand has NOTHING speaking for her except the fact she has, well, boobs (and her only power, that telepathy stuff, is absolutely out of place, imo).

Also, saying that Krystal is Fox' girlfriend is wrong, cause, if I may remind you, she left Star Fox and joined Star Wolf to bang with Panther.

I, as one of my predecessors said, think that Star Fox Adventures never really existed as more than a spin-off or something, because it, and with it Krystal, was never supposed to be a Star Fox game in the first place. This, and the fact that, although she appeared and showed herself more than any member of Star Fox or Star Wolf next to Fox himself, is still the dullest and most unnecessary character in the whole cast, makes me hate her with such a passion.

Unless she shows that she's actually useful I won't accept her into the Star Fox cast and even less into the Smash Bros. roster.

Though, I agree, Star Fox doesn't need another rep.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Wait, who said there's nobody else in Zelda? Tetra! Also, Windwaker is an amazing game. If you hate it for the graphics, it's the same thing as being racist to colour. kthx.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Wait, who said there's nobody else in Zelda? Tetra! Also, Windwaker is an amazing game. If you hate it for the graphics, it's the same thing as being racist to colour. kthx.
I could see there being a Tetra if there was a Toon Zelda and Toon Tetra, but I seriously doubt that will fly.

There is Midna. Midna inb4 Vaati.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, that's what she is, though.

However, since she's playable in SMB2, the major character in Super Princess Peach and in a whole lot of spin-offs, whereas she also rules over the place the Mario games take place mostly. That makes her pretty major, imo.
Krystal on the other hand has NOTHING speaking for her except the fact she has, well, boobs (and her only power, that telepathy stuff, is absolutely out of place, imo).

Also, saying that Krystal is Fox' girlfriend is wrong, cause, if I may remind you, she left Star Fox and joined Star Wolf to bang with Panther.

I, as one of my predecessors said, think that Star Fox Adventures never really existed as more than a spin-off or something, because it, and with it Krystal, was never supposed to be a Star Fox game in the first place. This, and the fact that, although she appeared and showed herself more than any member of Star Fox or Star Wolf next to Fox himself, is still the dullest and most unnecessary character in the whole cast, makes me hate her with such a passion.

Unless she shows that she's actually useful I won't accept her into the Star Fox cast and even less into the Smash Bros. roster.

Though, I agree, Star Fox doesn't need another rep.
Krystal has that one staff thing.

Also: SMB2 was never supposed to be a Mario title in the first place. I guess that makes a lot of Peach's abilities non-canon, if you ask me. Oh wait, she's in Smash, with those abilities! Miyamoto, you're insane!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Also: SMB2 was never supposed to be a Mario title in the first place. I guess that makes a lot of Peach's abilities non-canon, if you ask me. Oh wait, she's in Smash, with those abilities! Miyamoto, you're insane!
flyinfilipino: 1
Spadefox: 0

Okay, I had a flaw in my argument, but it's close to 3 AM. And I still hate Krystal, that one flaw doesn't make me like her.
Besides the SMB2 enemies (Shy Guys, mainly) were used in further games, so it has become canon.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
flyinfilipino: 1
Spadefox: 0

Okay, I had a flaw in my argument, but it's close to 3 AM. And I still hate Krystal, that one flaw doesn't make me like her.
Besides the SMB2 enemies (Shy Guys, mainly) were used in further games, so it has become canon.
I WIN

I WIN

I WIN

HAHAHAHAHA

I know; you'll probably never like her, but whenever she's getting badmouthed, I will be there to defend her. That's not a threat, it's a promise. :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I thought Toon Zelda had a character model but was never finished.

Forbidden 7:

Mewtwo
Roy
Young Link Dixie Kong
Dr Mario
Pichu Toon Sheik
Toon Zelda
Plusle&Minun
Fix'd

Also, Plusle & Minun is not definitely sure, the folder in the game data is called "Pra_Men" (if I recall correctly, though it's late and I don't want to double-check), which is assumed it being Plusle & Minun, but it's not proven. [/speech of one of these pesky hackers]

Edit: +grammar

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
What I hate is when Krystal supporters say she would be unique because she has a staff. Bull ****, a staff would be EXACTLY the same as a sword and we already have a million sword users.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What I hate is when Krystal supporters say she would be unique because she has a staff. Bull ****, a staff would be EXACTLY the same as a sword and we already have a million sword users.
Sure, the disjointed hitboxes wouldn't be unique, but that hasn't stopped the rest of the swords users from popping up. A lot of characters have projectiles. Death to projectiles!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh, a staff can be used in many different ways to a sword.

However, saying that we have so many sword users is plain silly. The same would be if I said that we had already too much hand to hand combatants. And you know what, with Brawl they even became far more! Gasp! =O

I personally would love to see a staff user - as long as it's not Krystal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hueg picture is hueg. Like an Xbox!

Even tho I agree, since Lip is referenced to death in Smash since Melee.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
Top 10
1. Midna
2. Krystal
3. Dixie Kong
4. Captain Rainbow
5. Issac
6. K. Rool
7. Megaman
8. RayMKII
9. Geno
10. Mewtwo
1. As awesome as Midna would be in the game, It wouldn't be likely she'd show up as a playable character. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an assist trophy.
2. You've got a good suggestion with Krystal, but there are already three StarFox characters with similar movesets, and an extra would be a little overwhelming.
3. I was confused enough when they included Diddy Kong.
4. At first, I had no clue who the crap that was, but I looked it up... Lamest idea I've ever seen for a game, but considering Nintendo, They might put him in the next installment.
5. Once an assist trophy, always an assist trophy.
6. This is probably your best one. No problems other than the fact that too many bad guys can also be overwhelming.
7. Remember how difficult it was to get Sonic in? I'm sure we'd all love to see Megaman, but It won't be easy.
8. (see 5)
9. I think you're forgetting that, not only is Geno an outside character, but He's only been in one Nintendo game. Now, put two and two together...
10. If he was going to be in installment 4, they would have kept him in Brawl.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Ugh, I hate all of the, "2 many swordz lolz!" comments. All of the sword users in Brawl are unique. (Discounting TL since he is, pretty much, a clone)

Ike: Heavy, power tank style sword user
Marth: Balanced sword user with range
Meta Knight: Flashy, high speed sword user
Pit: Aerial-based sword user with a bow
Link/TL: Utility-based sword user (rely on lots of other tools)

Each one brings their own unique style to the series. Just because a character primarily uses an item with a disjointed hitbox to attack does not mean that they are generic and/or boring. I still think we need at least another sword user to add some more variety. (Isaac - magic sword user)

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Your list is missing this:
<Sry, big picture is big.>

I would had gave you some points if you added her in. T_T

Actually, I was seriously considering Lip. I would like the fact that she would be unique with always having the Lip Stick in her hand, so when she attacks opponents, it would sap more damage, but definitely not as long. Mind the fact that not all her attacks would be her using her stick.

And I also agree she has a decent change since she's been referred to death since Melee as well.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
In fact, though, Mewtwo was cut last minute. He has a character folder (so he was supposed to be in), and - that's what I'm basing that last minute off - there's a dummy file in the character selection sound files for the Wiimote. It has the appendix _mewtwo, but it's still there, albeit being an empty file.

Now, what my assumption is for Mewtwo's case is, that they were in the process of actually refining his moveset, or even only developing it. Since Brawl was already delayed once, they decided to scrap him instead of delaying the game again, and therefore Mewtwo landed in the hall of the scrapped characters.
So the chances of Mewtwo's return aren't equally 0, but rather high.

As for Megaman, Kenji Inafune, the creator of him, has stated that he would actually like the idea of seeing Megaman in Smash - Nintendo would just need to give him a ring, so to say. And knowing Capcom, they sure wouldn't deny.

Geno, albeit I dislike him, is actually another viable candidate for a Smash 4, but you better go a few pages before this where the reasoning for Geno to be in Brawl was posted, since I can't recall everything from scratch.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
All I want is for Nintendo to impliment servers so their is no lag. Other than that, add more characters.

DaThings

Smash Rookie
All I want is for Nintendo to impliment servers so their is no lag. Other than that, add more characters.
This is truth. It's very annoying when one person has a faulty connection and everybody slows down. :mad: And what's with the Wi-Fi Home run contest? Who's Idea was that? Don't they have enough ridiculous features as is?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Wait, once an Assist Trophy, always one? Let's skip back to 64 and Melee.

Poke Ball. Charizard could come out.

Hey, wait, look who's playable now.

>.>; Sorry to be rude.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Spadefox, you're not worthy of having the king as your avatar, go back and scrubscrubscrub all the floors in my lair.

:093:

DaThings

Smash Rookie
@Linkshot:
Win!

I feel ignored in my argument and don't want to be tl;dr-ed
Not at all. I read your argument, And I see your point. I just didn't feel like sacrificing a whole post to say, "I understand..." But now look where we are.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
1. As awesome as Midna would be in the game, It wouldn't be likely she'd show up as a playable character. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an assist trophy.
2. You've got a good suggestion with Krystal, but there are already three StarFox characters with similar movesets, and an extra would be a little overwhelming.
3. I was confused enough when they included Diddy Kong.
4. At first, I had no clue who the crap that was, but I looked it up... Lamest idea I've ever seen for a game, but considering Nintendo, They might put him in the next installment.
5. Once an assist trophy, always an assist trophy.
6. This is probably your best one. No problems other than the fact that too many bad guys can also be overwhelming.
7. Remember how difficult it was to get Sonic in? I'm sure we'd all love to see Megaman, but It won't be easy.
8. (see 5)
9. I think you're forgetting that, not only is Geno an outside character, but He's only been in one Nintendo game. Now, put two and two together...
Midna was the star of the game though, and showed a lot of prowess. Everyone one Link's other side-kicks never displayed as much ability as Midna.

I would presume Krystal to use her staff to make her very different from the rest of the other Star Fox cohorts.

Dixie Kong would be distinctly different than Diddy. She has a very large ponytail that distinguishes her from her boyfriend.

Captain Rainbow seems to be the new WTF character. He'll probably rise in popularity because the franchise he represents shows a lot of almost-forgotten Nintendo characters.

Just because Issac was an assist trophy doesn't mean he won't be playable in the future. Like Linkshot stated, Chairzard was a Pokeball previously.

I was thinking that the Smash seires should represent the major antagonist and protagonist of every major franchise. So adding K. Rool wouldn't stretch things.

Inafune was more than willing to lend Megaman. It's to Nintendo's benefit to add him, not like Capcom is going to make the most money out of it. I really doubt Capcom would deny.

RayMKII is probably a stretch, but he represents Nintendo's version of Armored Core. He's been on more than one console.

Geno was ridiculously wanted by a lot of people. He represents Square's flagship with Nintendo. He also was tied for the most journal mentions.

As for Mewtwo, he was original. I didn't see the need to cut him from the roster aside for making room for the four-per-franchise cap. If they add Geno, making it five for the Super Mario series, they have no excuse to not allow Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom