• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think 60 would be too many characters. How could you cut Jigglypuff? You don't ever cut any of the original 12. Having this cute small puffball thingie is needed so people will be embarassed when they lose to her.

You might also want to cut out Mallow, Jeff, Claus, Lyn, Midna, Sylux, ???, Knuckle Joe, Tom Nook, Bomberman, Dixie Kong and make Roy a very hard to unlock secret alt character for Marth with his own voice, model, and fire-sword based moveset.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Cut out Mallow?! Hell no.

Besides, I hate Jiggly. I have my opinions. (Besides, she wasn't in the already unlocked character list.. In any game..)

Claus should stay, as he's wanted a lot.

So is Midna.

People are dying for Sylux or any other Metroid character.

Dixie was wanted, too.

??? should stay. R.O.B. sorta is like him.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
This was a thread I made long ago but was locked because of how early I had these ideas.
Anyways, here you go, guys!

MY IDEAS:

Roster: 60 characters.

MARIO SERIES

1: Mario - FS: Brawl FS
2: Luigi - FS: Brawl FS (Kickass FS IMO)
3: Peach - FS: Bombs (SMRPG Reference)
4: Bowser - FS: Brawl FS
5: Wario - FS: Brawl FS
6: Yoshi - FS: Brawl FS

POKEMON SERIES

7: Pikachu - FS: Brawl FS
8: Lucario - FS: Brawl FS
9: Deoxys/All forms - FS: All of his forms appear and rain down upon the enemies
10: Mewtwo - FS: ???
11: Pokemon Trainer FS: - Brawl FS
(No Jigglypuff, HOORAY! (to me))

ZELDA SERIES

12: Link/Young Link (He could use the Ocarina Of Time?) - FS: Fierce Deity Link
13: Zelda/Shiek - FS: Brawl FS
14: Toon Link - FS: Brawl FS
15: Ganondorf With Sword (Massive Win) - FS: Brawl FS
16: Midna - FS: ???

METROID SERIES

17: Samus/ZSSamus - FS: Brawl FS
18: Dark Samus - FS: ???
19: Ridley - FS: Meta Ridley
20: Sylux - FS: Triangular Bombs
21: ???

STARFOX SERIES

22: Fox - FS: Brawl FS
23: Falco (Not as a clone) - FS: Arwing
24: Wolf (Not as a clone) - FS: ???
25: Slippy - FS: ???
26: Krystal - FS: ???

KIRBY SERIES

27: Kirby - FS: Brawl FS
28: King DeDeDe - FS: Brawl FS
29: Metaknight - FS: Brawl FS
30: Knuckle Joe - FS: ???
31: ???

DONKEY KONG SERIES

32: Donkey Kong - FS: Brawl FS but longer and stronger
33: Diddy Kong - FS: Brawl FS
34: King K. Rool - FS: ???
35: Dixie Kong - FS: ???
36: ???

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

37: Roy - FS: ???
38: Marth - FS: Brawl FS
39: Ike - FS: Brawl FS
40: Lyn - FS: ???
41: Micaiah - FS: ???

MOTHER SERIES

42: Claus - FS: ???
43: Ness - FS: Brawl FS (but be a bit different)
44: Lucas - FS: Brawl FS (cause its awesome)
45: Jeff - FS: ???

3D PARTY/OTHER

46: G&W - FS: Brawl FS (A bit faster, though)
47: Sonic (Shadow costume for you picky people) - FS: Brawl FS
48: Geno - FS: Geno Flash (He'd better be in the fourth installation Nintendo...)
49: Isaac - FS: ???
50: Megaman - FS: ???
51: Mallow - FS: Shocker
52: R.O.B. - FS: Brawl FS
53: Ice Climbers - FS: Brawl FS
54: Pit - FS: Brawl FS
55: Snake - FS: Brawl FS
56: Pikimin & Olimar - FS: Brawl FS
57: Captain Falcon - FS: Brawl FS
58: Tom Nook - FS: ???
59: Bomberman??? - FS: ???

SSB4 CHARACTER:

60: ??? - FS: ??? (This would actually make huge sense, new characters could be made during the creation of this installment)
My advice: Replace Mewtwo with Jigglypuff (as much as it may kill you, she's an original, and he's been cut already), replace Lucario with 5th Gen Pokemon (obviously can't be done right now), replace Young Link with Toon Link (Young Link is outdated. Oh, and while were at it, give Toon Link the Wind Waker for use other than taunting), remove Midna (she can ride Wolf Link, who Link can transform into), remove the fifth Metroid spot, give Samus Omega Cannon Final Smash (or give it to Sylux), add the F-Zero franchise (Black Shadow? Samurai Goroh?), remove the fifth Kirby spot, remove the fifth DK spot, replace Dixie Kong with Funky Kong (he's appeared more recently, and has done more move-worthy things), remove a FE character (srsly, 5 for FE?), give Lucas and Ness Final Smashes based on skills they can use, remove Geno and Mallow.

P.S. Glad you're up for keeping R.O.B.. :)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'll settle for every character being less floaty, and the return of L-canceling.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I don't think miis would work that well. I can see allowing players to customize their miis moveset, but I think it would be a flop. I want to play smash bros. for the characters in it from series I like, not to make my own character...

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Of course you missed the entire point of my post. Geno isn't an icon of the gaming universe, now is he?

I thought not. When you think RPGs you think something like 'ZOMG FINAL FANTASY' not 'ZOMG GENO'.
Does that matter?

Your argument is ridiculous. "Lol, Pikmen and Olimar can't be in teh game becuz when u think of RTS, u think of StarCraft so Protoss should be in teh game."

"Lololol, neither can Fire Emblem becuz when u think of turn based startegiesm you think of FFT, so those chars should be in teh game."

"When u think of FPSes u think of teh Master Chief so he should b n teh game, and Samus shouldn't becuz she was in the Mrtoid Prime gamez!!1"

Just because Geno isn't the absolute epitome of an RPG character doesn't mean he shouldn't get in. He is probably the first character besides Mario people think of when they think of Mario RPGs. Isn't that enough? But of course, it isn't for you because you never played the game and you just don't know.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I don't think miis would work that well. I can see allowing players to customize their miis moveset, but I think it would be a flop. I want to play smash bros. for the characters in it from series I like, not to make my own character...
Seriously, I'm not going to play a Smash Bros. game where everyone wants to play as the Mii they made.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Isn't Sora owned by Disney, anyway? I don't think they'd ever let go of him.
well.. probably not but we can always wish for it :)

There is one reason why I would even consider adding Sora to smash: his music is TOTALLY kickass. Very few pieces of Nintendo music are superior to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.

And if Snake is removed, they could pull a Pit with Animal Crosser and have him be the most realistic looking character in smash (They should pull a complete makeover for Animal Crosser anyway if he makes it in.).

Cuddos for not removing any characters, although I beleive an exception can be made for Snake and Sonic.
Sora in Smash? I say he has to be GOD TIER!! :chuckle:

but...Why the hell would you want Snake & Sonic over an Animal crossing character? just NO!, NO!!, & NO!!!! do you wanna remove them just because there 3rd party? I don't think so

Spire

III
BRoomer

but...Why the hell would you want Snake & Sonic over an Animal crossing character? just NO!, NO!!, & NO!!!! do you wanna remove them just because there 3rd party? I don't think so
We should have the name "Sora" put into the filtered list of words like ****, ****, ****, *****, ****, ****, etc, etc. That'll solve a lot of problems.

OmegaXXII

We should have the name "Sora" put into the filtered list of words like ****, ****, ****, *****, ****, ****, etc, etc. That'll solve a lot of problems.
why so? do you believe alot of smashers (especially here) have something against Sora that makes them wanna flame over him?

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman

Sora in Smash? I say he has to be crappy tier...He makes Pit look like Snake...

The only good thing about Kingdom Hearts is teh game play...the characters, plot, bla bla, all suck...if I ever meet somebody who even looks the slightest bit like Sora I'm doing the Snake neutral air in their face...

Wario may fart but Sora fights with a freakin key...if anything, he needs to take that key and unlock the closet door...actually, lock it and stay in there, don't ever come near Smash.

I'm sorry, I got a little angry...

OmegaXXII

Sora in Smash? I say he has to be crappy tier...He makes Pit look like Snake...

The only good thing about Kingdom Hearts is teh game play...the characters, plot, bla bla, all suck...if I ever meet somebody who even looks the slightest bit like Sora I'm doing the Snake neutral air in their face...

Wario may fart but Sora fights with a freakin key...if anything, he needs to take that key and unlock the closet door...actually, lock it and stay in there, don't ever come near Smash.

I'm sorry, I got a little angry...
well pardon me for your unlikeableness of Sora (gosh is that even a word?) but how can you not like him? he awesome I tell you especially his Keyblade which I don't see anything wrong with it, but have you even played either one of his games?, if not you should give them a try because there not so bad as everybody thinks but if you have I guess it your opinino and I respect that

as for"crappy tier"? how so? sure Pit is low-tier but I can't see why Sora has to be as well

Spire

III
BRoomer
well pardon me for your unlikeableness of Sora (gosh is that even a word?) but how can you not like him? he awesome I tell you especially his Keyblade which I don't see anything wrong with it, but have you even played either one of his games?, if not you should give them a try because there not so bad as everybody thinks but if you have I guess it your opinino and I respect that

as for"crappy tier"? how so? sure Pit is low-tier but I can't see why Sora has to be as well
"The only good thing about Kingdom Hearts is teh game play..."

Well, I'm guessing that yes, he has played it. Anyone can not like any character, but Sora especially. He's a fanboy/girl's dream, just like Cloud, Sephiroth, and all of those other characters that do not belong in Smash, let alone a Nintendo console. Yeah yeah, Sora was on one GBA game, but all of the other Kingdom Hearts games are on Sony consoles. Please, get over him and snap into Nintendo reality. Are you playing Brawl because it features Nintendo characters, or because it introduced 3rd party characters?

OmegaXXII

"The only good thing about Kingdom Hearts is teh game play..."

Well, I'm guessing that yes, he has played it. Anyone can not like any character, but Sora especially. He's a fanboy/girl's dream, just like Cloud, Sephiroth, and all of those other characters that do not belong in Smash, let alone a Nintendo console. Yeah yeah, Sora was on one GBA game, but all of the other Kingdom Hearts games are on Sony consoles. Please, get over him and snap into Nintendo reality. Are you playing Brawl because it features Nintendo characters, or because it introduced 3rd party characters?
I am aware that Sora isn't a possibility on a future Nintendo system let alone Brawl, I was just trying to state that it would be fun to see Sora show up that's all, and yes I actually play Brawl because it features both Nintendo and 3rd Party characters which makes it the more interesting ;)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Warning! New Stage Approaching!!

Why choose this as a stage?

Mario Party has been a growing series and one of Nintedo's top money-makers. Ever since Mario Circuit was announced as a playable stage and representation towards the Mario Kart series, I though including the Mario Party series representation would be top-notch (funny, considering that I don't want SSB4's gameplay to lean towards randomness, like Mario Party ^^)

Stage info:

The stage will alternate forms based on a certain time period, switching from a combination of maps from a specific Mario Party installment. Also, there will be a 'host' in the backround, just observing the fight, like those in Smashville. The 'host' will change with the stage as well. (Ex: If the stage is based off of Mario Party 3, the host(s) will be Tumble and the Millenium Star; If it changes to Mario Party 7, Toadsworth will be the host, and so on...)

Stage music:

Mario Party: Mario's Rainbow Castle
DK's Jungle Adventure (original)

Mario Party 2: Mystery Land
Pirate Land (original)

Mario Party 3: Deep Blooper Sea
Creepy Cavern (original)

Mario Party 4: Shy Guy's Jungle Jam
Koopa's Seaside Soiree (original)

Mario Party 5: Toy Dream
Bowser Nightmare (original)

Mario Party 6: E. Gadd's Garage
Clockwork Castle (original)

Mario Party 7: Neon Heights
Pagoda Peak (original)

Mario Party 8: King Boo's Haunted Hideaway
Koopa's Tycoon Town (original)
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Feel free to add onto some of your opinions, for I didn't include the Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS.
Plus, some of you might have some interesting ideas.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Warning! New Stage Approaching!!

Why choose this as a stage?

Mario Party has been a growing series and one of Nintedo's top money-makers. Ever since Mario Circuit was announced as a playable stage and representation towards the Mario Kart series, I though including the Mario Party series representation would be top-notch (funny, considering that I don't want SSB4's gameplay to lean towards randomness, like Mario Party ^^)

Stage info:

The stage will alternate forms based on a certain time period, switching from a combination of maps from a specific Mario Party installment. Also, there will be a 'host' in the backround, just observing the fight, like those in Smashville. The 'host' will change with the stage as well. (Ex: If the stage is based off of Mario Party 3, the host(s) will be Tumble and the Millenium Star; If it changes to Mario Party 7, Toadsworth will be the host, and so on...)

Stage music:

Mario Party: Mario's Rainbow Castle
DK's Jungle Adventure (original)

Mario Party 2: Mystery Land
Pirate Land (original)

Mario Party 3: Deep Blooper Sea
Creepy Cavern (original)

Mario Party 4: Shy Guy's Jungle Jam
Koopa's Seaside Soiree (original)

Mario Party 5: Toy Dream
Bowser Nightmare (original)

Mario Party 6: E. Gadd's Garage
Clockwork Castle (original)

Mario Party 7: Neon Heights
Pagoda Peak (original)

Mario Party 8: King Boo's Haunted Hideaway
Koopa's Tycoon Town (original)
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Feel free to add onto some of your opinions, for I didn't include the Mario Party Advance and Mario Party DS.
Plus, some of you might have some interesting ideas.
That's an interesting concept. Why... it would just be... a blast! Well, seeing as how Mario Kart (the most successful Mario spin-off series) has a stage, perhaps Mario Party may receive one also. Odds are, it won't be an alternating stage, but probably one of the most iconic of stages in a Mario Party game. Unfortunately, every game features new, and different stages, so perhaps it'll be a remake of one from the first game.

Also, my "NEW SSB Character Choice Battles" thread has been moved and reopened. Follow the following link to it. I will continue to update as I have, so stay tuned:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174045

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Does that matter?

Your argument is ridiculous. "Lol, Pikmen and Olimar can't be in teh game becuz when u think of RTS, u think of StarCraft so Protoss should be in teh game."

"Lololol, neither can Fire Emblem becuz when u think of turn based startegiesm you think of FFT, so those chars should be in teh game."

"When u think of FPSes u think of teh Master Chief so he should b n teh game, and Samus shouldn't becuz she was in the Mrtoid Prime gamez!!1"

Just because Geno isn't the absolute epitome of an RPG character doesn't mean he shouldn't get in. He is probably the first character besides Mario people think of when they think of Mario RPGs. Isn't that enough? But of course, it isn't for you because you never played the game and you just don't know.
God dammit. Read the original post that started this whole thing.

In fact, I'll be nice and quote myself for you.

I've seen a lot of people saying that even the most random third party characters should be in SSB.

Does that even make sense?

Why were Snake and Sonic in? Because they're iconic to the entire world of video games. Not some whiny brat like Sora, who hardly anybody knows about, or some possessed doll who appeared in one game and cameoed in another game (protip: NO GENO). Does it makes sense to have Knuckles and Tails in? NO! When you think of the Sonic series, you think of Sonic.

This rule applies to third-parties because that's what they are -- third party characters. A lot of people know about Megaman (anime, manga, a giant series of games), so he would be a fine addition.

You can't just say 'zomg i want Genis Sage 4 brawl cuz hez mai fav char!1' because you'll just be wasting your time. The only chance of a third-party getting in is if it's a MAJOR character.
My entire post had to do with third party characters. All major and some minor Nintendo characters should be in.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Olimar doesn't...and he is one of the best characters in the game?
Olimar isn't a retro character, thus he is not judged by those "rules."

Plus, he's been the star of two very high-selling and award winning games.
Also, the series is planned to continue.

Also, the character's effective tier ranking has nothing to do with inclusion.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
SSB4 MUST have Isaac, Lyn, Roy and Krystal as playable chars
AND it should be for Wii

I think Sakurai should make a "second" Brawl without Subspace
and throphys, sticker etc
but with alot of more chars and a better wifi
No trophies?! WHAT?! Trophies are awesome, thank you.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
For starters, Dark Samus or any hunter from MPH. Sylux is growing in the series, so he'd have a better chance then trace or any other.
Megaman, that'd be great. Im not going to get into move set, but some how make him able to change is color/blaster power respectively( his d-b?).

Trophies from other nintendo/sega games. I reeaallllyyyy want to see a PSO (Phantasy Star Online) trophy. I mean come on, it was the GC only online game, and it was made by sega. Why is it not in there?

More pokemon in the pokeballs. In brawl they went lax on the pokeman's. Bring back more. thx
Better online. Nuff said.
-t2

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I do not want L-canceling back but what I do want is Captain Falcon to have decent priority and practically no landing lag on his airiels or be able to cancel landing lag into a run. And allow characters to retain their momentum from running when they jump like in Melee.

Yes I am a major fanboy of **** (happy Spire). The reason I beleive most fans don't want "the bigfooted alpha male wielder of the keyblade" in smash is because he would make Captain Falcon look weak and immasculine :lick:.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
]
MY IDEAS:

Roster: 60 characters.

MARIO SERIES

1: Mario - FS: Brawl FS
2: Luigi - FS: Brawl FS (Kickass FS IMO)
3: Peach - FS: Bombs (SMRPG Reference)
4: Bowser - FS: Brawl FS
5: Wario - FS: Brawl FS
6: Yoshi - FS: Brawl FS

POKEMON SERIES

7: Pikachu - FS: Brawl FS
8: Lucario - FS: Brawl FS
9: Deoxys/All forms - FS: All of his forms appear and rain down upon the enemies
10: Mewtwo - FS: ???
11: Pokemon Trainer FS: - Brawl FS
(No Jigglypuff, HOORAY! (to me))

ZELDA SERIES

12: Link/Young Link (He could use the Ocarina Of Time?) - FS: Fierce Deity Link
13: Zelda/Shiek - FS: Brawl FS
14: Toon Link - FS: Brawl FS
15: Ganondorf With Sword (Massive Win) - FS: Brawl FS
16: Midna - FS: ???

METROID SERIES

17: Samus/ZSSamus - FS: Brawl FS
18: Dark Samus - FS: ???
19: Ridley - FS: Meta Ridley
20: Sylux - FS: Triangular Bombs
21: ???

STARFOX SERIES

22: Fox - FS: Brawl FS
23: Falco (Not as a clone) - FS: Arwing
24: Wolf (Not as a clone) - FS: ???
25: Slippy - FS: ???
26: Krystal - FS: ???

KIRBY SERIES

27: Kirby - FS: Brawl FS
28: King DeDeDe - FS: Brawl FS
29: Metaknight - FS: Brawl FS
30: Knuckle Joe - FS: ???
31: ???

DONKEY KONG SERIES

32: Donkey Kong - FS: Brawl FS but longer and stronger
33: Diddy Kong - FS: Brawl FS
34: King K. Rool - FS: ???
35: Dixie Kong - FS: ???
36: ???

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

37: Roy - FS: ???
38: Marth - FS: Brawl FS
39: Ike - FS: Brawl FS
40: Lyn - FS: ???
41: Micaiah - FS: ???

MOTHER SERIES

42: Claus - FS: ???
43: Ness - FS: Brawl FS (but be a bit different)
44: Lucas - FS: Brawl FS (cause its awesome)
45: Jeff - FS: ???

3D PARTY/OTHER

46: G&W - FS: Brawl FS (A bit faster, though)
47: Sonic (Shadow costume for you picky people) - FS: Brawl FS
48: Geno - FS: Geno Flash (He'd better be in the fourth installation Nintendo...)
49: Isaac - FS: ???
50: Megaman - FS: ???
51: Mallow - FS: Shocker
52: R.O.B. - FS: Brawl FS
53: Ice Climbers - FS: Brawl FS
54: Pit - FS: Brawl FS
55: Snake - FS: Brawl FS
56: Pikimin & Olimar - FS: Brawl FS
57: Captain Falcon - FS: Brawl FS
58: Tom Nook - FS: ???
59: Bomberman??? - FS: ???

SSB4 CHARACTER:

60: ??? - FS: ??? (This would actually make huge sense, new characters could be made during the creation of this installment)
-Mewtwo has been cut. He's cool, and I like him, but he should stay gone. Jigglypuff is an original and very popular. She should stay in.

-Midna (especially by herself) should be absent. Also, I wouldn't mind cutting the toons altogether. However, I greatly support giving Ganondorf his sword. Another Zelda character presents a bit of a problem to me. I love the series, and there are many characters, but most are of lesser importance. Much seems to revolve around "the big three." I guess Skull Kid might be tolerable...maybe...

-Four more Metroid characters? No. One, yes. No more than two. Go for a hunter. I haven't played Hunters, so I can't choose.

-Krystal isn't too bad, but Slippy is too much.

-Knuckle Joe is acceptable, but I don't see a fifth Kirby character.

-DK is perfect without the ??? slot.

-I'm not very familiar with Fire Emblem, but three more seems like a bit much. Roy is dead; leave him behind.

-One more from Earthbound/Mother might be okay. Not two.

-For others, I wonder why you do not have another F-Zero rep when you've overrepped numerous other series. But here's what you knew was coming: SMBRPG. It seems you're a massive fan, but don't let yourself be too biased. I'm not for Geno, but the reasoning has been spoken. Mallow, too, though? Too much. I don't see an Animal Crosser as a Smasher, though. Nice work on having Issac, although he seems to be a popular, "obvious" choice, now. Also, a SSB character might be cool, but I'd like to see it stay a "video game star" fighter.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only two characters I'm really dying to see are Megaman and Bomberman.

Aside from that, there are a few I'd like to see in, but not as much as those two.

I'd also like more characters for Assist Trophies and Poke Balls.

I'd like to see a Team Tournament option.

I'd like a Random Character selection toggle like the one for stages. I'd love to play Random sometimes, but I'd like to randomize between the characters I actually enjoy playing. Going along with that, I want to be able to specify my color for the randoms (for example, if I'm randomized to Kirby, I want to remain the default color).

I'd like a continuation of SSE or some other story mode similar to it.

A better stage builder. The Brawl one was a good start, but they can do better for the next game.

Bring back all characters, but de-clone ones like Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy. Also, Young Link does not need to be brough back. He's been effectively replaced by Toon Link.

De-clone, de-clone, de-clone.

Bring back Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish.

Let Kirby gain copy abilities by sucking up certain items.

Don't make Classic mode a set-battle system. (Face a Zelda character; or two of them with another as a teammate, then DK and Diddy / Giant Yoshi, then...). I want my randomized Classic back.

Bring back all/most of the old stages. Just separate them by game like they did in Brawl with the Melee stages.

And a last, final wish...

Nova and/or Marx for bosses. ;) Or at least some Kirby boss.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I want a Smash Bros. with no multi-player, and only "Subspace Emissary 2". Really, the idea was great, but the execution...not so much.

Excepting that, the only new element I think the game needs is a dedicated online service, like how EA has their own online lobbies for their online sports games on Wii. In other words, better online. And new characters, new items, new stages, etc.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I don't care what anyone says, I want Knux
It's not going to happen. Tails is a more obvious choice for a second Sonic character due to his sidekick position, as well as the fact that he was introduced considerably earlier. Moreover, Knuckles' original position as anti-hero and rival has been taken by Shadow, relegating Knuckles to a more secondary role as another sidekick character.

Shadow is more likely, and has more moves to draw upon (everything Sonic has plus Chaos abilities).

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Gray Fox please.
And let's get a better Metroid stage, and music. No more effin lava.
Impossible, the awesomeness that is Grey Fox would cause the Wii to explode, and they had to nerf him in order to even put him in as assist trophy, grey fox to his full potential would cause every computer system in the world to crash and launch nukes to destroy us all...

as for the metroid stage, agreed, although I do like the other one that flips around and stuff, forget what its called.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Eh, so many of these that I made for Brawl..

First of all, let me state that I think Brawl has a GOOD amount of characters. Sure, a few more wouldn't hurt, but eventually we'd just be striking the anvil too hard. I personally don't want to see Smash Bros with a roster bigger than MvsC2. Not only is it too big, the roster itself would become imbalanced.

I think the style of fighting that Brawl has is good, might not be Melee, maybe it doesn't have as much technical ability, but it's a competitive fighting game regardless of what anyone says. And I personally like it. Regardless, I think SSB4 would be a teeny bit faster, and add in air grabs to compensate for the air floatiness.

Anyway, here are a few characters that I think would've been good.. And some who I think would be worthless additions.

Geno :: One of the most memorable characters on the Nintendo prowess. The only thing stopping Geno from returning to a game is the fact that Square still owns him. =( Needless to say, it's one obstacle that's hard to jump over.

Midna :: NO! Midna is not a good addition, never will be. Stop trying.

Megaman :: Read above.

Mewtwo :: He needs to come back. He really was a big part of Melee, whether some people used him or not.

Soren :: We need more FE diversity, and Soren does it wonders. If not him, maybe the Black Knight..? Nah..

Ridley :: I still think he would've been good as a playable char, but who knows. D:
- - - - -

Toon Link
Ganondorf

They need a new moveset. Badly. Give Toon Link abilities from Wind Waker/Minish Cap. Give Ganondorf SOMETHING, even his sword would've been fine.

And that's about it, I dunno what else to write in here.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Shorter version of what I was going to say: Sakurai needs to make movesets not suck. I wish I could change so many of these character's movesets. Ganondorf's moveset is a joke.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Shorter version of what I was going to say: Sakurai needs to make movesets not suck. I wish I could change so many of these character's movesets. Ganondorf's moveset is a joke.
Don't be so hard on the guy. It'd be touch to create 39 separate movesets that all function differently (even if some are pretty similar) while keeping the whole thing (relatively) balanced.

Some of the movesets in Brawl are already pretty derivative or not-so-original, and this problem would only be exacerbated by adding in more characters.

Which leads in to what I really want to say here: I think the next Smash Bros. needs to be something entirely different, and not just an updated roster and more stages. Don't get me wrong--I'd totally buy that, if that's what happens, but I'd prefer to see some big changes before the formula starts to get stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom