• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
People are getting out of control with the third parties I think...I could defiantly see Mega Man but characters like Sora, Naurto, even more sonic characters, is just like...wtf? If Smash Bros was all abouut third parties, then it would come out for the other systems, but its made by Nintendo, for Nintendo, Snake has his reasons for being in, and Sega is pretty much Nintendo's ***** anyway, the most possible third party characters I think though are Megaman and Bomberman, and its already pretty slim for them
very true, just add more O.G. nintendo char. and get some of their licensing back

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i hope they:
kick out R.O.B.
improve online play
put in knuckles and some kind of new fighter from metroid.
if theres an adventure mode like subspace, make it not have the same gameplay throughout the whole thing.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
i hope they:
kick out R.O.B.
improve online play
put in knuckles and some kind of new fighter from metroid.
if theres an adventure mode like subspace, make it not have the same gameplay throughout the whole thing.
Nah, R.O.B. should stay. It's a good unexpected character, like Mr. Game & Watch. Who complained about Mr. Game & Watch?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Many people (stupidly) complained about Game and Watch. Remember that rumour about Sakurai being on the radio saying G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link would be cut for Ridley and some other characters? So many people were happy that Game and Watch was gone. R.O.B shouldn't leave either.

Here's something I don't understand. Why are people so happy to get rid of characters? Don't you ever think of the people that use them? Every character has a fanbase. And you're asking to get rid of them because YOU don't like them? That's just selfish.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think they should get rid of Mario, Link, and Samus for the next game...

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Many people (stupidly) complained about Game and Watch. Remember that rumour about Sakurai being on the radio saying G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link would be cut for Ridley and some other characters? So many people were happy that Game and Watch was gone. R.O.B shouldn't leave either.

Here's something I don't understand. Why are people so happy to get rid of characters? Don't you ever think of the people that use them? Every character has a fanbase. And you're asking to get rid of them because YOU don't like them? That's just selfish.

Yeah that reminds me when lots of people were so furious about Ness not being cut. They really hoped for Ness to be cut. I don't know why.

I think that people want other cut because if they feel they are stupid in some way they shouldn't be in. We all have like this inner "counter" because we all know that SSB4 can only have so many characters and if one character is 'stupid' in one's eyes they would hope they don't get in or are cut if they are already in to make another character who is more deserving. Because we know we cannot have 100 characters in a game, that is why people hope certain ones will be cut to make way for new ones to fill their place.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've seen a lot of people saying that even the most random third party characters should be in SSB.

Does that even make sense?

Why were Snake and Sonic in? Because they're iconic to the entire world of video games. Not some whiny brat like Sora, who hardly anybody knows about, or some possessed doll who appeared in one game and cameoed in another game (protip: NO GENO). Does it makes sense to have Knuckles and Tails in? NO! When you think of the Sonic series, you think of Sonic.

This rule applies to third-parties because that's what they are -- third party characters. A lot of people know about Megaman (anime, manga, a giant series of games), so he would be a fine addition.

You can't just say 'zomg i want Genis Sage 4 brawl cuz hez mai fav char!1' because you'll just be wasting your time. The only chance of a third-party getting in is if it's a MAJOR character.

L__

Smash Master
I've seen a lot of people saying that even the most random third party characters should be in SSB.

Why were Snake and Sonic in? Because they're iconic to the entire world of video games. Not some whiny brat like Sora, who hardly anybody knows about, or some possessed doll who appeared in one game and cameoed in another game (protip: NO GENO). Does it makes sense to have Knuckles and Tails in? NO! When you think of the Sonic series, you think of Sonic.

This rule applies to third-parties because that's what they are -- third party characters. A lot of people know about Megaman (anime, manga, a giant series of games), so he would be a fine addition.

You can't just say 'zomg i want Genis Sage 4 brawl cuz hez mai fav char!1' because you'll just be wasting your time. The only chance of a third-party getting in is if it's a MAJOR character.
Do you want to do your research a bit more? They remade a Metal Gear Solid called Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes; guess what? It was for the Gamecube. Yeah even though it was a remake of the Playstation version of Metal Gear Solid, it has minor dialog changes, cut scenes were reworked, Psycho Mantis' fight was revamped, Sniper Wolf's death was changed, and several other changes. Even though it was just a remake of a Playstation game, technically Snake was part of Nintendo since 2003; the release of MGS:tTS

And as for Sonic, I remember him being on Sonic Adventure Battle 2 ... for the Gamecube am I wrong? He was also on a GBA game I forgot the name to.

So technically they both were part of Nintendo so they have reason to be in Brawl.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Do you want to do your research a bit more? They remade a Metal Gear Solid called Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes; guess what? It was for the Gamecube. Yeah even though it was a remake of the Playstation version of Metal Gear Solid, it has minor dialog changes, cut scenes were reworked, Psycho Mantis' fight was revamped, Sniper Wolf's death was changed, and several other changes. Even though it was just a remake of a Playstation game, technically Snake was part of Nintendo since 2003; the release of MGS:tTS

And as for Sonic, I remember him being on Sonic Adventure Battle 2 ... for the Gamecube am I wrong? He was also on a GBA game I forgot the name to.

So technically they both were part of Nintendo so they have reason to be in Brawl.
Actually Snake debuted in the very first Metal Gear on the NES. So he's been with Nintendo longer than you think.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

That had to do with my post how?

Yeah. They were on the Gamecube. That doesn't have anything to do with them being third party.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Um... You're not even arguing against his point. Read before you reply. What he's saying is that all these randomly chosen third-party characters shouldn't be included, only the ones that are main and iconic to the gaming world. That's why he said Sonic and Snake were okay, as well as Megaman.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Alright well a few comments I have:

1.) I agree with cutting characters being an overall bad thing. I don't think they should really cut any. Maybe just improve certain ones (like ganon by giving him a more unique moveset with a sword or something).

2.) Another sonic character is low on my priority list compared to megaman and phoenix wright anyways, or compared to any other unique character. But still, I don't think it would be bad to add another sonic character. It just depends on who they add. I'd much rather see megaman though, as I'm a big fan of the megaman legends games, megaman 3, and some of the megaman x games, as well as battle network games.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
or some possessed doll who appeared in one game and cameoed in another game (protip: NO GENO).
You have never played SMRPG, because if you did you would not have described him like that (he himself is not a doll, he takes the form of a doll, so he is not a possessed doll, he is possessing a doll). Really, your opinion is moot if you don't know what you are talking about.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You have never played SMRPG, because if you did you would not have described him like that (he himself is not a doll, he takes the form of a doll, so he is not a possessed doll, he is possessing a doll). Really, your opinion is moot if you don't know what you are talking about.
Can't you tell what he said is actually true? He is a possessed doll, a doll that has been possessed by a star. Boing!

Enough of assumptions and accusations in regards to what others type (this goes for everyone). Read what they wrote. Reread it if necessary, then reply to precisely what they said. Don't assume that they have never played a game because you misread their words. Fool.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Can't you tell what he said is actually true? He is a possessed doll, a doll that has been possessed by a star. Boing!

Enough of assumptions and accusations in regards to what others type (this goes for everyone). Read what they wrote. Reread it if necessary, then reply to precisely what they said. Don't assume that they have never played a game because you misread their words. Fool.
Sorry, after rereading my post again, I did a really bad job of trying to make my point. And the whole Geno possessing a doll nonsense was me trying to joke.

But, I was trying to make the point that he was saying "No one wants Geno in a Smash game because no one knows him and no one likes him and he was only in one game." Well, what is wrong with this is just because he hasn't played an SMRPG, doesn't mean he gets to speak for everyone. In fact the opposite is quite true. Many people want Geno in Smash. So, arguing against a LARGE group of people by saying, "No one wants him." Makes no sense, because they obviously do.

Also, the argument that he was in one game is ridiculous as well.

Pit.

Ice Climbers. That's evidence enough.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman

Well...Snake wouldn't be in it if Hideo never asked for him to be in it...he actually had to beg...but nonetheless, Snake is a huge video game icon and one of the best, and he originally appeared on the NES. The only reason why MGS games don't appear on Nintendo systems is because Nintendo systems aren't usually powerful enough and MGS really isn't a game cut out for Nintendo system anyway...not compared to our Mario games and such...then again, we do have manhunt 2 and resident evil...but yea, the Metal Gear series is pretty much playstion exclusive anyway, besides the remakes...

The Sonic series has always been considered a rival to the Mario series, and Sega re-released many of the old Sonic games for the Gamecube, and umm...everyone loves Sonic, except for me, but still, everyone loves him, him joining the Smash Bros. series was just destiny...

Now...sexually confused children swinging giant keys with corny dialog don't belong in Brawl...but I think Geno deserves a spot...isn't really a third party and everyone who has played SMRPG just loves him...

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure more people know about Falco than Isaac and he has a larger fanbase than Krystal (discluding.... certain Krystal fans).

And TLink not being deserving is bull****.
hey isaac is cool he could totally replace falco. krystal in my opinion is better than falco. should have added both characters in brawl, but we can hope for the next one.

isaac for top tier!!!:chuckle:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sorry, after rereading my post again, I did a really bad job of trying to make my point. And the whole Geno possessing a doll nonsense was me trying to joke.

But, I was trying to make the point that he was saying "No one wants Geno in a Smash game because no one knows him and no one likes him and he was only in one game." Well, what is wrong with this is just because he hasn't played an SMRPG, doesn't mean he gets to speak for everyone. In fact the opposite is quite true. Many people want Geno in Smash. So, arguing against a LARGE group of people by saying, "No one wants him." Makes no sense, because they obviously do.

Pit.

Of course you missed the entire point of my post. Geno isn't an icon of the gaming universe, now is he?

I thought not. When you think RPGs you think something like 'ZOMG FINAL FANTASY' not 'ZOMG GENO'.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
There is one reason why I would even consider adding Sora to smash: his music is TOTALLY kickass. Very few pieces of Nintendo music are superior to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.

Also, more people need to give love for Dark Samus. The Metroid series deserves to have her added especially since I do not want Ridley being pummeled by Kirby.

And if Snake is removed, they could pull a Pit with Animal Crosser and have him be the most realistic looking character in smash (They should pull a complete makeover for Animal Crosser anyway if he makes it in.).

Cuddos for not removing any characters, although I beleive an exception can be made for Snake and Sonic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There is one reason why I would even consider adding Sora to smash: his music is TOTALLY kickass. Very few pieces of Nintendo music are superior to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.
Uh uh. Considering Sora is a crime unto itself. But look, if you dig the Kingdom Hearts music over the majority of Nintendo music, go ahead, I'm not stopping you, but this is definitely the wrong place to say that.

L__

Smash Master
A song that deserves to be remembered is "One Winged Angel" from FF7. Which reminds me, they should add Zack and Sephiroth for the hell of it. (screw cloud, he stole Aerith from Zack after he died ='[ )Well, does anyone remember the person that trained Zelda/Sheik to act like a Sheikah? I'd be interested to see that character in Brawl.

L__

Smash Master
Lol I just thought it'd be funny if Impa would be like...Hey what happened to your Fair?

*Impa walks over and does a fair, other guy warps into a dead dimension*

Announcer: ...Game over?

Ephraim

Smash Rookie
I know it's almost impossible, but I want Ichigo Kurosaki in SSB4
But thinking on a more possible note I want Ridley, Ephraim, Soren, all characters from melee to return, and for Ganon not to be a clone anymore.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Man, most of these suggestions on this page are completely abhorrent.

I say we ditch Falco and Marth, make Ike faster (But weaker), give Ganon the f*cking sword, declone Toon Link, Luigi, and Lucas, and add Bowser Jr, K. Rool, Sylux, Ridley, Kamek, Shy Guy, Adeline, Krystal, Darkrai, Mewtwo, make a new Pokemon Trainer replacing the old one (With Turtwig, Monferno, and Empoleon.), include Black Shadow, Micaiah, Black Knight, Claus, Bomberman, Megaman, and Mii's.

There's more, just not at the top of my head...

ORITE STAGES:

Bowser's Castle
Ricco Harbor
Good Egg Galaxy
Luigi Circuit
DK Island
Kakariko Village
Death Mountain
Ganon's Castle
Phaaze
Cracko's Lair
(Redone) Fountain of Dreams
(Redone) Venom
Fortuna
Sargasso Hideout
Temporal Tower (Yes, the one from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.)
Sinnoh Gym Tour (A stage which randomly switches to each different Sinnoh gym, with their own special qualities.)
Gallian Border
Shadow Dragon's Castle
Tazmily Village
Sunflower Field
Retro Climbers (The 8-bit Ice Climbers game! Moving stage, though, but breakable block platforms.)
Gyromite (Basically a huge spinning gyromite...)
Fire Field
Death Wind
Valley of Repose
Bulbax's Cave
Bomb Zone
Dr Light's Lab

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice

Pit.

Well, to be fair, Pit has starred in two games.
Nana and Popo have had 1.5 games (One was an enhanced and slightly different version) and have had numerous cameos/influences in/on such games as Animal Crossing and the WarioWare and Kirby series.

But furthermore, both correspond to a different reasoning for character addition, in my eyes. They are both classic NES stars. They're retro. I think retro characters have different (and looser) criteria for inclusion. They're the nostaligc and/or WTF characters that I think may have come to enjoy. It should stay that way. These characters represent Nintendo's early past.

Geno doesn't.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Well, to be fair, Pit has starred in two games.
Nana and Popo have had 1.5 games (One was an enhanced and slightly different version) and have had numerous cameos/influences in/on such games as Animal Crossing and the WarioWare and Kirby series.

But furthermore, both correspond to a different reasoning for character addition, in my eyes. They are both classic NES stars. They're retro. I think retro characters have different (and looser) criteria for inclusion. They're the nostaligc and/or WTF characters that I think may have come to enjoy. It should stay that way. These characters represent Nintendo's early past.

Geno doesn't.
Olimar doesn't...and he is one of the best characters in the game?

Xyn

Smash Cadet
SSB4 MUST have Isaac, Lyn, Roy and Krystal as playable chars
AND it should be for Wii

I think Sakurai should make a "second" Brawl without Subspace
and throphys, sticker etc
but with alot of more chars and a better wifi

Xyn

Smash Cadet
Aw... But I like Subspace, Trophies, and Stickers... :(
and other ppl think its better to have more chars an thats because Sakurai should make another Brawl for fighting
the first Brawl is better if you want to have a great single player feeling(subspace)

the second Brawl would be better for VS and Wifi
but I think
Sakurai would never get such an idea:ohwell:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
This was a thread I made long ago but was locked because of how early I had these ideas.
Anyways, here you go, guys!

MY IDEAS:

Roster: 60 characters.

MARIO SERIES

1: Mario - FS: Brawl FS
2: Luigi - FS: Brawl FS (Kickass FS IMO)
3: Peach - FS: Bombs (SMRPG Reference)
4: Bowser - FS: Brawl FS
5: Wario - FS: Brawl FS
6: Yoshi - FS: Brawl FS

POKEMON SERIES

7: Pikachu - FS: Brawl FS
8: Lucario - FS: Brawl FS
9: Deoxys/All forms - FS: All of his forms appear and rain down upon the enemies
10: Mewtwo - FS: ???
11: Pokemon Trainer FS: - Brawl FS
(No Jigglypuff, HOORAY! (to me))

ZELDA SERIES

12: Link/Young Link (He could use the Ocarina Of Time?) - FS: Fierce Deity Link
13: Zelda/Shiek - FS: Brawl FS
14: Toon Link - FS: Brawl FS
15: Ganondorf With Sword (Massive Win) - FS: Brawl FS
16: Midna - FS: ???

METROID SERIES

17: Samus/ZSSamus - FS: Brawl FS
18: Dark Samus - FS: ???
19: Ridley - FS: Meta Ridley
20: Sylux - FS: Triangular Bombs
21: ???

STARFOX SERIES

22: Fox - FS: Brawl FS
23: Falco (Not as a clone) - FS: Arwing
24: Wolf (Not as a clone) - FS: ???
25: Slippy - FS: ???
26: Krystal - FS: ???

KIRBY SERIES

27: Kirby - FS: Brawl FS
28: King DeDeDe - FS: Brawl FS
29: Metaknight - FS: Brawl FS
30: Knuckle Joe - FS: ???
31: ???

DONKEY KONG SERIES

32: Donkey Kong - FS: Brawl FS but longer and stronger
33: Diddy Kong - FS: Brawl FS
34: King K. Rool - FS: ???
35: Dixie Kong - FS: ???
36: ???

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

37: Roy - FS: ???
38: Marth - FS: Brawl FS
39: Ike - FS: Brawl FS
40: Lyn - FS: ???
41: Micaiah - FS: ???

MOTHER SERIES

42: Claus - FS: ???
43: Ness - FS: Brawl FS (but be a bit different)
44: Lucas - FS: Brawl FS (cause its awesome)
45: Jeff - FS: ???

3D PARTY/OTHER

46: G&W - FS: Brawl FS (A bit faster, though)
47: Sonic (Shadow costume for you picky people) - FS: Brawl FS
48: Geno - FS: Geno Flash (He'd better be in the fourth installation Nintendo...)
49: Isaac - FS: ???
50: Megaman - FS: ???
51: Mallow - FS: Shocker
52: R.O.B. - FS: Brawl FS
53: Ice Climbers - FS: Brawl FS
54: Pit - FS: Brawl FS
55: Snake - FS: Brawl FS
56: Pikimin & Olimar - FS: Brawl FS
57: Captain Falcon - FS: Brawl FS
58: Tom Nook - FS: ???
59: Bomberman??? - FS: ???

SSB4 CHARACTER:

60: ??? - FS: ??? (This would actually make huge sense, new characters could be made during the creation of this installment)

MUSIC I WOULD LIKE:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Culex Battle
Goodbye Geno
Fight Against an Armed Boss
The Road is Paved With Dangers
Arceus Battle
Ballad Of The Windfish
MGS Main Theme

STAGES I WOULD LIKE:
Forest Maze
Culex's Showdown (Culex and his crystals could be in the background and occasionally do some things)
Star Road/Star Hill
Battlefield 2
Flatzone 1
Spear Pillar 2 (Arceus area, here appear Darkrai, Phione & Manaphy, Shaymin, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina and Arceus)

ITEMS I WOULD LIKE:
Tanookie Suit
Ice Flower
1Up Mushroom
Slow 'Shroom

MODES I WOULD LIKE:
Music Composition
Music Remix/DJ
Race to the finish (selectable just like break the targets, race with your friends!)

THINGS I WOULD LIKE IMPROVED:
More stage backgrounds and objects + themes.
Being able to grab onto sloped edges on created stages.
360 Degree Rotateable pieces in Stage Creation.
Downloadable Characters.
Better Online Service/No Friend Codes.
Chatroom with bad word sensor/mute options.
8-PLAYER COMPATABILITY!!!!!

AND ENOUGH OF THE GENO HATING GOD****IT! He's an amazing character and deserves 2 spots! Go play SMRPG before assuming bull****, then you will understand! I used to hate Megaman before I played one of his games.

I wish Geno will come in SSB4 with a God Tier moveset that will make all you dumba**es swallow your words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom