• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ramgigon said:
When was his last movie?
When was Jigglypuff's last movie? How about Charizard? Ivysaur? Squirtle?

InfernoRage1 said:
Actually Mewtwo's moves were for the most part a collaboration of several other people's with tweaking.
?

InfernoRage1 said:
Young Link could return but needs a Mask based Transformation moveset. His Final Smash would be the Oni Link from the end of Majora's mask.

He would either transform into different forms based on which special he did or instantly change into the character for a single move. Like this...

Side Special: Goron Link
Nuetral Special: Deku Link
Down Special- Zora Link
Up Special- Bunny Ears Jump (it increased his jump in Majora's Mask)

Goron Link- Strong but Slow can take a beating.
Nuetral Special- Bolder Toss
Side Special: Goron Roll
Up Special: Rising Roll
Down Special: Remove Mask

Deku Link: Quickm, good movement, but short reach and light
Nuetral Special: Bubble Shot
Side Special: Tornado Spin Attack (the spinning technique he did in MM)
Up Special: Flower Ejection (He bursts from a flower and floats back to the stage with two flower copters that only last a limited time)

Zora Link: Avaerage Speed, Great reach, fights with the blades on its arms, cannot drown.
Nuetral Special: Water Pulse (chargable)
Side Special: Arm Blade Boomerang
Up Special: Aqua Jet (similar to squirtle)
Down special: Remove Mask

Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link - Link Turns into this powerful form with the ability to throw energy with every sword slice, and increased abilities in every other category.
A few questions:

1) How does shooting water constitute a recovery for Zora Link?
2) "Rising Roll" for a recovery? Elaborate, if you will.
3) Normal Link should probably stick to a spin attack for his Up+B. Besides being tradition, the Bunny Hood's already a standard-issue item.

Anyways, there are a two big problems with this idea.

1) Think of how long it takes Samus or Zelda to change forms. The game has to load in an entirely new character, and with Zelda, it's just one special that's replaced. But with this setup, you'd have a character (human Link), with only one Special that doesn't make him sit there for 2-4 seconds, waiting for data to load.

2) Young Link isn't coming back. SSB4 isn't going to revisit the past of a series that's still going strong, like Zelda. Toon Link represents the 2nd half of what the Zelda franchise turned into after WindWaker--that is, the realistic Twilight Princess, and the more cartoony Minish Cap/Four Swords games.

Really, who comes back is up to where the series goes from here. If Retro is actually making the next console Zelda, it'll probably share alot of similarities with TP. Otherwise, I think we'll be seeing another cel-shaded (or at least less realistic) game. But the "Young Link" we know from 1997 and 2000 probably isn't going to be showing up again as an actual character again.

***​

I'd like to add one more thing: the only character I think such a proposed moveset style would really work for is Deoxys, where each Special changes his form, except neutral+B, which would besome random beam/laser/energy thing. Each form shift would just make him faster/heavier/more powerful, but all his moves would stay the same.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

?

A few questions:

1) How does shooting water constitute a recovery for Zora Link?

You're thinking of Water Gun instead of Squirtle's Up B

2) "Rising Roll" for a recovery? Elaborate, if you will.

About how it sounds, like his side roll attack but he shoots up

3) Normal Link should probably stick to a spin attack for his Up+B. Besides being tradition, the Bunny Hood's already a standard-issue item.

Anyways, there are a two big problems with this idea.

1) Think of how long it takes Samus or Zelda to change forms. The game has to load in an entirely new character, and with Zelda, it's just one special that's replaced. But with this setup, you'd have a character (human Link), with only one Special that doesn't make him sit there for 2-4 seconds, waiting for data to load.

2) Young Link isn't coming back. SSB4 isn't going to revisit the past of a series that's still going strong, like Zelda. Toon Link represents the 2nd half of what the Zelda franchise turned into after WindWaker--that is, the realistic Twilight Princess, and the more cartoony Minish Cap/Four Swords games.

Really, who comes back is up to where the series goes from here. If Retro is actually making the next console Zelda, it'll probably share alot of similarities with TP. Otherwise, I think we'll be seeing another cel-shaded (or at least less realistic) game. But the "Young Link" we know from 1997 and 2000 probably isn't going to be showing up again as an actual character again.

***​

I'd like to add one more thing: the only character I think such a proposed moveset style would really work for is Deoxys, where each Special changes his form, except neutral+B, which would besome random beam/laser/energy thing. Each form shift would just make him faster/heavier/more powerful, but all his moves would stay the same.
some comments were added straight in with bold.

I'm not really arguing practicality of changing, but providing information on how Young Link could have returned with an entirely original moveset as opposed to being Link...again. Would you believe he was a Melee main of mine? XD

And yeah I know he'll never come back. Poor guy.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
...O snap. Yeah, that was my bad: "aqua jet" just brings to mind Watergun, not Waterfall.

Anyways, I'm personally infavor of just axing the whole Toon/Young Link idea, and spending dev time instead on new characters. But hey, we've all got our pipe dreams (Phoenix Wright for SSB4!)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
...O snap. Yeah, that was my bad: "aqua jet" just brings to mind Watergun, not Waterfall.

Anyways, I'm personally infavor of just axing the whole Toon/Young Link idea, and spending dev time instead on new characters. But hey, we've all got our pipe dreams (Phoenix Wright for SSB4!)
OBJECTION!

...sorry had to be said. I want to see your proposed moveset for him. I could use the lulz. It's almsot as good as my Elite Beat Agents. Almost. :p

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
Seriously

If they're not new characters, then my idea of the whole costume change thing would have been brilliant.

It has Mewtwo and everything.

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Lets have a look here, shall we?...

For characters, here's who I wanna see:

Mega Man- YES. IT MUST HAPPEN. NO EXCUSES. HE WILL BE IN SSB4.

Ridley- Face it, Metroid needs more representation, and Ridley is the best choice. Dark Samus doesn't have as much popularity he has, and she won't be appearing anymore since the Prime saga is over. The Hunters are even less popular, with Sylux being the one exception, but he needs a lot more appearances and popularity for him to be a option. The entire "Ridley=Too Big" argument is bull, and can be easily countered. Not to mention, I think Ridley would be just awesome. :p

Krystal- Well, what can I say? She has a large fan base (despite others blaming her for Star Fox's recent downfall), and she does have a magical staff to use, so that would give her uniqueness in her move set. I personally don't have a problem with her, but for others...

King K. Rool- DK also needs more representation, and he can certainly fill that. He can have a very diverse and unique move set, something that Dixie Kong and Funky Kong, among others possible choices, lack. He has good popularity, and he would be quite welcomed into the roster.

Midna/Wolf Link- I have not played Twilight Princess as of yet, but judging from what I've seen and heard, this pair would be quite viable, not to mention they have some decent popularity backing them up as well.

Ray MK II- See the above explanation, basically.

Isaac- Golden Sun is popular, he can have a unique move set, and he already appeared as a Assist Trophy. He's good to go, but he needs another game to assure his place.

Roy- He may have been a clone, but he deserves to return. If they provide him with a better, original move set, he would be just fine. A lot of people still like him (including me) as well.

Concerning the Pokemon rep.- They could do two things. 1) They bring back Mewtwo and keep Lucario, and add another from the next generation(s), which seems unlikely, or 2) Just scrap Lucario for the next generation rep. #2 seems more likely, but you never know.

And there is one more I'd really, REALLY want to see...

Fulgore from Killer Instinct. Oh lord yes. I could actually write up a entire analysis of why he can and should be in, though lazyness halts me in doing so. :p

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Fulgore from Killer Instinct. Oh lord yes. I could actually write up a entire analysis of why he can and should be in, though lazyness halts me in doing so. :p
That character Fulgore looks quite scary. I guess he possibly could work but many people would say he looks too all serious like Snake does and thus doesn't fit in Brawl.

If they do put people like Fulgore in, they should put KOS MOS in as well. IGN when they did their reports on Brawl said she'd be a good fit because Nintendo owns Monolith Soft, and Xenosaga has a remake of I & II on the Nintendo DS so technically she can be considered a character who has been on a Nintendo system before.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/818/818720p1.html

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Everyone in Brawl is imaged with the same style, but Toon Link just has funky proportions.

And if seeing Toon Link on Eldin weirds you out, then I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Snake and Ike invading Smashville.
They arn't from that series, though. I mean that I like all characters from one series to have the same style of design. Windwaker and Twilight Princess are very different designs.

Know what? Forget it. I don't care.

Tetra for SSB4.

sword knigh7

Smash Rookie
I know two characters they left out that would be great. Mega Man and Simon from Castlevania. Two great fighters. Mega Man would have to have his variations like Kirby or he'd be too much like Samus. Hopefully HE won't take his suit off also... Lol

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Jigglypuff = original 12. Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle? They had to choose some group for Pokemon Trainer, and I suppose First Generation got it for being the first Pokemon in the Pokedex.

For characters, here's who I wanna see:

Mega Man- YES. IT MUST HAPPEN. NO EXCUSES. HE WILL BE IN SSB4.

Ridley- Face it, Metroid needs more representation, and Ridley is the best choice. Dark Samus doesn't have as much popularity he has, and she won't be appearing anymore since the Prime saga is over. The Hunters are even less popular, with Sylux being the one exception, but he needs a lot more appearances and popularity for him to be a option. The entire "Ridley=Too Big" argument is bull, and can be easily countered. Not to mention, I think Ridley would be just awesome. :p

Krystal- Well, what can I say? She has a large fan base (despite others blaming her for Star Fox's recent downfall), and she does have a magical staff to use, so that would give her uniqueness in her move set. I personally don't have a problem with her, but for others...

King K. Rool- DK also needs more representation, and he can certainly fill that. He can have a very diverse and unique move set, something that Dixie Kong and Funky Kong, among others possible choices, lack. He has good popularity, and he would be quite welcomed into the roster.

Midna/Wolf Link- I have not played Twilight Princess as of yet, but judging from what I've seen and heard, this pair would be quite viable, not to mention they have some decent popularity backing them up as well.

Ray MK II- See the above explanation, basically.

Isaac- Golden Sun is popular, he can have a unique move set, and he already appeared as a Assist Trophy. He's good to go, but he needs another game to assure his place.

Roy- He may have been a clone, but he deserves to return. If they provide him with a better, original move set, he would be just fine. A lot of people still like him (including me) as well.

Concerning the Pokemon rep.- They could do two things. 1) They bring back Mewtwo and keep Lucario, and add another from the next generation(s), which seems unlikely, or 2) Just scrap Lucario for the next generation rep. #2 seems more likely, but you never know.

And there is one more I'd really, REALLY want to see...

Mega Man: Yes.
Ridley: I've said it a dozen times, he doesn't fit. And don't give me the "Snake is realistic too!", because Snake is a human. Ridley is a dragon thing with lasers.
Krystal: Yes.
King K. Rool: Yes. Yes.
Midna/Wolf Link: Too many Links - Midna/Wolf Link would make a good transformation for Link, like Sheik.
Ray MK II: ... Who? :embarrass
Isaac: Yes.
Roy: Why does he 'deserve to be back'?
Pokemon Rep: Lucario will leave, that's for sure. But Mewtwo really shouldn't come back - 6 first gens for 5 generations = fail.
Fulgore: ... Who?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
There is one more I'd really, REALLY want to see...

Interesting choice, very out-of-the-box. However, this character choice is very unlikely.

What people don't realize is that there will be only a handfull of 3rd party characters, those of which have high popularity and high demand. Plus, there may not be the option of including 3rd parties in the next installment.

This is supposed to be a discussion for the next installment, but, as expected, about 90% of the posters post their character rosters for the next installment, most of them being 'wishlists'. I've seen some well-thought-out ideas (most of which are non-character related) in that 10%, but the theme of 'discussion' has not been properly used (sometimes it has). FYI, the roster will not reach to 60. (I can't believe some of the rosters that have been posted)

Please, either post a therouw character roster, an idea that is non-character related for representation (we need more of this!), or do not post at all.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of Fulgore, I'm not so sure characters from dedicated fighting game series should be allowed in Smash. It makes no sense. Smash, to me, is about putting characters that you wouldn't see in a regular fighting game and putting them into a fighting game. Why take a character who is already in a fighting game and put him into another fighting game with characters who, if you're looking at it from a traditional standpoint, shouldn't even BE in a fighting game?

(yeah, I know I said fighting game way too many times...but you get the point, I hope)

Would you put Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li into Smash? Terry Bogard? Sol-Badguy? Might be interesting but those guys are seasoned fighting game staples, not to mention they're all third-party (including Fulgore). Not only would it be blasphemy but it would be pretty difficult, too.

D

Deleted member

Its too early to be debating most characters.

When will Smash 4 come out? My guess is three or four more years. That's a bunch of time. Three or four years ago, we didn't know Ike, or Lucario.

Characters for now that could be playable are those that are in need for sequels or in high demand for them. Golden Sun 3 (Isaac/Felix) is a rumoured title for the future, as is Metroid Dread (Sylux).

Spire

III
BRoomer
That character Fulgore looks quite scary. I guess he possibly could work but many people would say he looks too all serious like Snake does and thus doesn't fit in Brawl.

If they do put people like Fulgore in, they should put KOS MOS in as well. IGN when they did their reports on Brawl said she'd be a good fit because Nintendo owns Monolith Soft, and Xenosaga has a remake of I & II on the Nintendo DS so technically she can be considered a character who has been on a Nintendo system before.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/818/818720p1.html
KOS-MOS = no, she's worthless. She's not known to many people and has nothing to do with Nintendo.

Fulgore = no, but I love the idea so, so much. He's also not known to most, but he's more related to Nintendo though the SNES, Gameboy, and N64 than KOS-MOS is. I very much appreciate you posting him Tyfighter - that was a blast from the past type of feeling, slapping all of the obvious, bandwagon characters along the way. Even though Fulgore will not make it into SSB4, I would love to see a new Killer Instinct game. Unfortunately, it would be on the 360, of which I do not own.

Anyways, I had a dream last night that I was playing as Lucario in Brawl in a completely new classic mode that seemed to be crossed with a new adventure mode, in which I was fighting a giant robot spider in some jungle ruins that was seemingly from Metroid. I had three allies, one of which was MEWTWO. I figured to unlock Mewtwo you had to play as Lucario in this new mode and he would assist you through it. It was the best feeling ever, but uh... I woke up. Sucked balls brawls.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Fulgore is property of Rare which is property of Microsoft. It won't ever happen.

You know, I can't really think of more modes that could be added into the game that wouldn't be useless crap nobody ever plays anyway. The only thing I could think of would be a Create a Character mode which is completely counter intuitive to the spirit of Smash.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
To all those people who think cutting chacacters is a solution you are wrong. You would not be able to cut characters without upsetting a large amount of people. Take Jigglypuff for example, first she is popular in Japan, plus everyone who has played the series from the beggining would be mad bcuz she is and always will be one of the original 12, same goes for Ness. Just look at the outcry from them cutting Mewtwo. They should not cut any characters, bring back the 5 that were cut
Mewtwo as his own
Doc- as a mario alt costume
Pichu- make him Pulse and Minum, they have the smae figure and therefore could easily mirror pichu, plus SSb4 needs a beat up character.
Roy- Honestly why was he removed, recreate a moveset
Young Link is Toolink so it desn't count.
After you bring back these 4 the roster will stand at 38 character spots.
This would leave about room for 12 or 17 newcomers to make the final roster 50 or 55 characters.(not including zamus, sheik, and the pokemon trainers pokemon, which i think could be changed)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OBJECTION!

...sorry had to be said. I want to see your proposed moveset for him. I could use the lulz. It's almsot as good as my Elite Beat Agents. Almost. :p
Phoenix
Brawl
- For -

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- STATISTICS, ETC. -

STRENGTH: His hits deal a medium, Mario-like amount of damage.
DEFENSE: At 20%, he starts losing his ground upon strong hits. At 40%, he's flying without recovery for a bit.
SPEED: At full run, Nick clocks in just around Samus' level.
JUMP: Jump height is just between Link and Samus. In other words, average.
GRIP: Nick turns at the same speed (and with the same "slip factor") as Marth.
WEIGHT: Nick is not a fastfaller, and has about the same flight distance:damage ratio as Samus.

Symbol: The silhouette of Nick's famous "Objection!" pose, finger outstretched.

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a wig that looks just lke Phoenix's spiky do'.

Alternate Costumes:
1 - Phoenix's normal blue suit.
2 - Miles Edgeworth's regal red outfit.
3 - Nick's white musician outfit. (Seen on the cover of the "Gyakuten Saiban meets Orchestra" music CD)
4 - Pre-attorney Phoenix from GS3, the one with the pink sweater and face-mask.

Item: Luminol Spray - Reveals any and all cloaked enemies, covers the area around motion-sensor bombs with a white mist, and generally makes hidden things (new items that haven't been revealed yet) not hidden anymore.

Taunt : Nick nervously chuckles, one hand on his hip, the other behind his head. See below. (Of course, it's only one run through of the below animation.)

Winning Scene 1: Nick adjusts his tie, then smiles and gives a quick nod toward the camera with one hand on his hip.
Winning Scene 2: Nick is seen holding a DS Lite, yelling "Objection!", "Objection!", "Objection!" into the mic. After a second or two, he gets angry and throws the DS off-screen. He straightens up, adjusts his tie, and sulkingly grins at the player.

- MELEE ATTACKS -

A - Nick punches straight ahead with his left fist, which can lead into...
(1-2%)
AA - Another straight punch, this time with Nick's right. Links to...
(2%)
AAA - A semi-spin with a right leg kick. You know the drill...
(2%)
AAAA - Nick turns all the way around, ending his spin with a diagonal heel drop from his left leg...just kidding. He's not THAT athletic. He ends his combo with a spinning, full-palm slap!
(1-3%)

Side Tilt - Nick whips his briefcase in front of him, starting high and ending low.
(4-6%)
Up Tilt - Nick punches skyward, hopping about a foot off of the ground.
(3-5%)
Down Tilt - Nick trips over nothing, coming down hard in front of him. With good timing, this can go right into a falling recovery.
(6-8%)

Dash Attack - Nick crow-hops a few feet while winding up a punch, then jams it straight ahead into the foes gut.
(3-7%)

- SMASH ATTACKS -

Side Smash - Nick grips his briefcase tightly in both hands, and baseball-swings it in front of him. A hit sends paper flying everywhere (just for effect).
(12-15%)
Up Smash - More briefcase shenanigans ensue as Nick arcs the thing overhead, sending recipients diagonally downwards in front of him, sort of like Fox's Up Smash, only from back to front rather than front to back.
(13-14%)
Down Smash - A solid stomp in front of him. A full-charge yields a 3-stomp combo.
(1 stomp: 9-12%, each additional stomp adds 4-6%)

- AERIALS -​

Neutral Air - A horizontal spin, akin to Peach's Nair, only with Nick's briefcase. Paper will fly.
(5%)
Forward Air - A punting kick, with slight lag for the wind-up. Acts like C. Falcon's "Knee" if Nick's foot contacts the center of the enemy.
(3-5% regular, 15-17% on-target)
Backward Air - Nick spins around once in midair, briefcase leading. A briefcase pimpslap.
(7-8%)
Upward Air - The backflip kick. However, if Nick uses this, he ends up losing recovery, and crashes to the ground (he's a lawyer, not an acrobat; you expect him to pull off a mid-air backflip!?). Good timing can once again lead to a falling recovery.
(6-7%)
Downward Air - The double-stomp, although it acts more like Sheik's than C. Falcon's (i.e. it has many, many hitboxes, rather than just one).
(6-8%)

- GRABS -​

Grab - Reaches out with both arms. The "bear hug" method. Once held, Nick keeps hold of his opponent with one hand while keeping his briefcase at the ready in the other.
Running Grab - Same as above, only with stopping lag.
Grab Attack - Nick clubs his foe across the head with his briefcase.
(1-2%)

Forward Throw - A sidearm pitch using both arms.
(3-4%)
Backward Throw - OH YEAH, THE WRIGHT-STYLE SUPLEX!
(8-9%)
Upward Throw - A simple upwards toss, a la Mario.
(1%)
Downward Throw - Nick drops the foe to the floor, then follows up with a devastating two-hit heel stomp combination.
(9%)

- SPECIALS -​

B: Objection! - The finger of truth is wielded! If the finger lands right in the middle of an enemy, a nice "homerun" effect and HUGE knockback results. Like C. Falcon's knee, only cooler because it's Phoenix Wright. If you hit the sweet spot, expect a good 35-40% damage as well! (Otherwise, a decent 10%)
Side B: Witness Testimony - Nick glances over the witness' testimony, then with a quick shrug, flicks it away. If you've ever thrown cards, then you know how this sucker flies. A smashed version of this has Phoenix angrily reviewing the sheet, then whipping it away, dealing more damage, but with less range. (Regular 6-10%, smashed 12-15%)
Up B: Flight of the Phoenix - (Note: I'm a bit shaky on this one, so any help would be appreciated) Nick flails wildly, clawing at the air and by some act of God, pulling himself heavenward. Damages like Luigi's dash. (1-4% for each "hit", with 9 hits in the move)
Down B: Cross Examination - Phoenix mulls over his evidence (in paper form). Any attacks are met with a snappy counter, not damaging the foe, but leaving them stunned for a good 1 second, while Nick recovers immediately, ready to launch any attack.

FINAL SMASH: Turnabout! - Nick's determined visage flicks across the screen, and anyone unfortunate enough to be directly in front of him gets a face-full of finger. Phoenix moves around his opponent, quickly presenting piece after piece of contradicting evidence, sending objects and papers flying all over. When the dust settles, the enemy takes anywhere from 25-100% damage, based on how much % Nick has (get it? A turnabout?). No knockback, but huge damage.

END.
***​

Anyways, you can tell I drew this up with Melee physics in mind...anyways, like I said: pipe dream. Viewtiful Joe, however...

Spire III said:
KOS-MOS = no, she's worthless. She's not known to many people and has nothing to do with Nintendo.
I'll bet more people know who KOS-MOS is than who Marth or R.O.B. are. And I forget, but what does Snake or Sonic have to do with Nintendo? KOS-MOS has appeared on a Nintendo system, so she's fair game.

Personally, I'd say AT at most, but it could happen.

Fulgore though.....yeesh. I don't really think any KI character would work--ultra combos would kind of imbalance Smash, don't'cha think? Anyways, he's a Rare character, so he's out by default.

WindGuru said:
Its too early to be debating most characters.

When will Smash 4 come out? My guess is three or four more years. That's a bunch of time. Three or four years ago, we didn't know Ike, or Lucario.

Characters for now that could be playable are those that are in need for sequels or in high demand for them. Golden Sun 3 (Isaac/Felix) is a rumoured title for the future, as is Metroid Dread (Sylux).
You're probably right about that. However, I don't think that, in the next four or five years, there will come along a new StarFox character more relevant than Krystal, or a Punch-Out!! character more iconic than Little Mac. The primary robo in Custom Robo is always a "Ray", and judging from his showing in Brawl, Isaac would be the GS character to support.

So we'll all probably be prover wrong in 5 years time, but until then, it's fun to rationalize.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Repost it! I want to see how it matches up to my dream-set.

EDIT - Okay, seriously, I can't find the darn thing. What page is it on?
My bad, I thought it was a couple, but it was actually like 10 pages back. Anyway here it is.

Tom Nook moveset

A: punch right fist
AA: punch combo right left
AAA: punch right, left and right punch in the gut, nice for spacing. ( In AC I think it says he's in a fight club)

Side Smash: holds an axe behind his back like a baseball bat charges it up and swings.
Down Smash: Closer range than other down smashes, stab down with a shovel.
Up Smash: Pulls out his slingshot and shoots straight up in the air (is different then most people's up smash and I like it) this attack can be charged like others, and is used just like in the games, except whatever you should goes up not down. Not as strong as other's but in my opinion more useful.
Dash attack: Swings his axe on one foot having a dizzy look like in the game when you miss with the axe.

Nuetral air: Pulls out a large fish in front of him. Like the "Show it off!" function in AC.
Down air: sticks out his shovel downwards, it works as a spike, but if he misses it gets him some bad lag to display the animation when you hit something hard with your shovel in AC.
Up air: Hit people above you with your oversized head.
Forward air: Swing axe forward. Slow, small hit box, but powerful. Missing lag from AC when axe doesn't hit. check.
Back Air: Drops a leaf behind him and then pulls it back quickly. Like in AC where something is dropped out of the inventory onto the ground then picked back up.

Now for the fun part.

B: Heave furniture, I really like this move because it actually works this way in Animal Crossing too. Throw a leaf forward and it turns into furniture, that you have to avoid, if it hits a person it does damage, and stays there posing as an obstacle.
B left/right: This took me a while to come up with something fun. You swing out your net over your head just like in the game and you can catch projectiles and items alike, and they get stuck in your net, then the next time you press sideways b you throw it. If it hits a person, they get stunned with the "wtf?" look in Animal Crossing whenever you hit someone with a net. Barely any time spent stunned though.
B down: Bury a pitfall it takes about 2 seconds so use it when your not near someone, then whoever walks by the spot falls in and they have to repeatedley press A to escape.
B up: Tom Nook takes out a leaf from his pocket puts it under him, it turns into a random bouncy object and he spring flips in the direction you point, people in his way get hurt, but not bad.

Grab: Throw your fishing line torwards your opponents if it catches them you reel them in and proceed to pick them up, like in the game.
Bash: Shake them like a tree. :laugh:
Throw forward: Drop them in front of you then kick them forward.
Throw backward:Toss them above your head then bicycle kick them backward.
Throw up: Throw up, then shoot them with your sling shot as an attack.
Throw down: Throw your foe down and hit them with the shovel.

Final Smash: Two box trucks with the leaf logo on them appear at the top of the field and pour tons of furniture all over the field doing lots of damage. Tom Nook pulls out a leaf umbrella and is comically uneffected. The attack also leaves opponents stuck in a pile of furniture and they have to hit A to get out. Considering Tom Nook doesn't brake the pile.

Taunt: Ha Ha's surround Tom Nooks head as he laughs at your insolence.
Costumes: The cloths of the different stores he went through.

I changed it a bit.

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
Costume Change!!!

Alright, you guys are arguing about cloning and crap so I'm going to re-post this because it might just settle things down:

- Costume Change:
You know how Wario gets two sets of costumes..? Why can't everyone else have the same? I mean, you wouldn't even have to add some of the characters I mentiond! The only thing that would change would be the appearence, their voices, their taunts, and the name. The moves won't be altered at all. For example:

Mario's costume change would be Dr. Mario

Sonic = Shadow

Marth = Roy

(Twilight Princess) Link = (Ocarina of Time) Link

Fierce Deity Link = Link w/ Biggoron's Sword

Toon Link = Young Link

(Twilight Princess) Zelda = (Ocarina of Time) Zelda

Peach = Daisy

Diddy Kong = Dixie Kong

Yoshi = Birdo

Luigi = Waluigi

Fox = Krystal

Ike = The Black Knight

Snake = Liquid Snake

(Twilight Princess) Ganondorf = (Ocarina of Time) Ganondorf

If you think this is a bad a*s idea you should read my other post on pg. 57.

Ilex

Smash Ace
My bad, I thought it was a couple, but it was actually like 10 pages back. Anyway here it is.

Tom Nook moveset

AAA: punch right, left and right punch in the gut, nice for spacing. ( In AC I think it says he's in a fight club)

Side Smash: holds an axe behind his back like a baseball bat charges it up and swings.
Up Smash: Pulls out his slingshot and shoots straight up in the air (is different then most people's up smash and I like it) this attack can be charged like others, and is used just like in the games, except whatever you should goes up not down. Not as strong as other's but in my opinion more useful.
Dash attack: Swings his axe on one foot having a dizzy look like in the game when you miss with the axe.

Nuetral air: Pulls out a large fish in front of him. Like the "Show it off!" function in AC.
Down air: sticks out his shovel downwards, it works as a spike, but if he misses it gets him some bad lag to display the animation when you hit something hard with your shovel in AC.
Forward air: Swing axe forward. Slow, small hit box, but powerful. Missing lag from AC when axe doesn't hit. check.
Back Air: Drops a leaf behind him and then pulls it back quickly. Like in AC where something is dropped out of the inventory onto the ground then picked back up.

Now for the fun part.

B: Heave furniture, I really like this move because it actually works this way in Animal Crossing too. Throw a leaf forward and it turns into furniture, that you have to avoid, if it hits a person it does damage, and stays there posing as an obstacle.
B left/right: This took me a while to come up with something fun. You swing out your net over your head just like in the game and you can catch projectiles and items alike, and they get stuck in your net, then the next time you press sideways b you throw it. If it hits a person, they get stunned with the "wtf?" look in Animal Crossing whenever you hit someone with a net. Barely any time spent stunned though.
B down: Bury a pitfall it takes about 2 seconds so use it when your not near someone, then whoever walks by the spot falls in and they have to repeatedley press A to escape.
B up: Tom Nook takes out a leaf from his pocket puts it under him, it turns into a random bouncy object and he spring flips in the direction you point, people in his way get hurt, but not bad.

Grab: Throw your fishing line torwards your opponents if it catches them you reel them in and proceed to pick them up, like in the game.

Final Smash: Two box trucks with the leaf logo on them appear at the top of the field and pour tons of furniture all over the field doing lots of damage. Tom Nook pulls out a leaf umbrella and is comically uneffected. The attack also leaves opponents stuck in a pile of furniture and they have to hit A to get out. Considering Tom Nook doesn't brake the pile.

I changed it a bit.
I really like that but I think his Neutral B could be a bit different, along with his UpSmash. His B could simply be he pulls a piece of furniture out of pocket, and can throw it like Peach's vegetables. Different pieces of furniture could have different effects. Maybe 2% of the time he pulls out a couch which he heaves around, and when thrown it does ~25% damage.
Also maybe, he could float up on balloons for his UpB?

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Young Link could return but needs a Mask based Transformation moveset. His Final Smash would be the Oni Link from the end of Majora's mask.

He would either transform into different forms based on which special he did or instantly change into the character for a single move. Like this...

Side Special: Goron Link
Nuetral Special: Deku Link
Down Special- Zora Link
Up Special- Bunny Ears Jump (it increased his jump in Majora's Mask)

Goron Link- Strong but Slow can take a beating.
Nuetral Special- Bolder Toss
Side Special: Goron Roll
Up Special: Rising Roll

Deku Link: Quickm, good movement, but short reach and light
Nuetral Special: Bubble Shot
Side Special: Tornado Spin Attack (the spinning technique he did in MM)
Up Special: Flower Ejection (He bursts from a flower and floats back to the stage with two flower copters that only last a limited time)

Zora Link: Avaerage Speed, Great reach, fights with the blades on its arms, cannot drown.
Nuetral Special: Water Pulse (chargable)
Side Special: Arm Blade Boomerang
Up Special: Aqua Jet (similar to squirtle)
Down special: Remove Mask

Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link - Link Turns into this powerful form with the ability to throw energy with every sword slice, and increased abilities in every other category.
Four movesets for one character? Sorry, that's just a bit much.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Tom Nook moveset

Now for the fun part.

I changed it a bit.
I like most of the A attacks, though I'm not so sure flailing an axe around really matches the character...

Anyway, my moveset had the furniture thing as his side+B, while his neutral B was just him laughing (complete with physical "Ha ha ha"s), which would deflect projectiles and deal light damage at close range. My Up+B had him flying upward, thrusting a wrapped gift box in front of him, as if delivering it. If the box hit someone, it'd explode and deal damage. I don't remember what his down+B was supposed to be...but I don't think it should be a pitfall--that's a really neat item as is. Maybe he could dig a hole, and characters that ran over it'd fall in, and only get out by pressing A.

Or something. Anyways, I definitely like your side+B more, especially if it was changed so you could deliver back whatever it was you caught--Smart Bomb, Charge Shot, Aura Sphere, turnip, etc., by using the move again. Actually hitting someone with it would make them go all "wtf".

Overall, pretty boss.

@~Courage~: That's not a terrible idea in theory, but why oh why would you change Fox's gender? Maybe change him into James McCloud, or something...but Krystal? C'mon...

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Tetra from Windwaker, redesigned to match the Twilight Princess style of graphics and be a third version of Zelda selectable on the character screen. (Yeah, as if Sheik wasn't enough) She's a relatively average character I suppose. Somewhere between Zelda and Sheik? I have her as being fully balanced and whatnot. I have a full moveset written out for her.. maybe not really as detailed as some movesets posted here but still, a moveset. Doubt anyone'd ask for it as I doubt anyones gonna read this but whatever. Sorry, I'm really negative, apparently. lol
So, she uses some of Link's objects and her things to attack: grappling hook, skull hammer, bomb arrows, lantern, sail.... Yeah she's my favorite.

Oh, and I took out Toon Link on my roster for her, as I think she's a better representation of Windwaker.
So let me get this straight. You want to take Tetra, a toon character, and detoon her? That doesn't make sense. She's not Tetra anymore.
Also, I don't see how Zelda/Shiek could include Tetra. They're different characters, and shouldn't be lumped together (at least in the same vein that Zelda and Shiek are.)

Sorry, but I can't see this work.
And what's the reasoning for Tetra being a better representative than Toon Link?
Seriously, I haven't played either game.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Alright, you guys are arguing about cloning and crap so I'm going to re-post this because it might just settle things down:

- Costume Change:
You know how Wario gets two sets of costumes..? Why can't everyone else have the same? I mean, you wouldn't even have to add some of the characters I mentiond! The only thing that would change would be the appearence, their voices, their taunts, and the name. The moves won't be altered at all. For example:

Mario's costume change would be Dr. Mario

Sonic = Shadow

Marth = Roy

(Twilight Princess) Link = (Ocarina of Time) Link

Fierce Deity Link = Link w/ Biggoron's Sword

Toon Link = Young Link

(Twilight Princess) Zelda = (Ocarina of Time) Zelda

Peach = Daisy

Diddy Kong = Dixie Kong

Yoshi = Birdo

Luigi = Waluigi

Fox = Krystal

Ike = The Black Knight

Snake = Liquid Snake

(Twilight Princess) Ganondorf = (Ocarina of Time) Ganondorf

If you think this is a bad a*s idea you should read my other post on pg. 57.
Yeah, alts...
I can't say I support the idea. I mean, it's a nice thought, but I just can't convince myself that it's a bit demeaning for the original character. Also, not all moves will fit. For example, since when can Birdo throw eggs like Yoshi? Also, she wouldn't have her one signature move, shooting eggs from her face.

Minor costume changes are fine. Shadow would fit into this, as he looks nearly EXACTLY like Sonic in design. Make Sonic black, and you're good to go. It's like the already existing Daisy colors. Names should not be changed.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
And now, for Falco by Rhubarbo!:

^ Special Barrel Bird: This attack is taken from the ability to do a Barrel Roll in Starfox. Basically, Falco twirils around once, and any attacks that touch his wings/hands during this animation are reflected. While used in the air, Falco will twirl like usual then leave his arms stretched downwards and continue to fly upwards briefly. The recovery is roughly as good as Bird Fire. The attack is used with the aide of Falco's reflector.

> Special Smart Bomb Launcher: This attack is derived from the Smart Bombs. (When I saw the Smart Bomb as an item I thought immediately that this move would have fitted Falco perfectly). Anyways, Falco takes out his giant *** gun and shoots out one Smart Bomb. Prior to shooting it, you can direct the trajectory of where the bomb will fall. The Smart Bomb is much less powerful than the one we all know to be in Brawl as of right now, with it's explosion radius being 1/4 of the size and the knock-back is much less. The attack does come out quicker though.

Neutral Special Laser Turret: Falco holds out a turret that shoots out lasers. Hold the button to launch more lasers. Once the button is released, the lasers come out a short distance out of the turret, after that, they home on into the nearest foe.

v Special Red Snipe http://nintenblog.free.fr/images/falco_20050423.jpg :
This attack is taken from the above artwork. Falco takes out his sniper riffle and holds his eye to the reticle. A red arrow extends a good distance from the gun after Falco holds it out. Falco, while using this move starts to lower his riffle from the high position it starts off in. Release the button combination to send out a fine red laser which has amazing knock back and does high damage.

Final Smash Sky Master/Arwing: Falco calls for his Arwing. It comes in from the opposite side of the screen Falco is facing. He jumps into the ****-pit and goes to the far background of the stage. From there he can shoot Smart Bombs and laser shots. He progressively starts coming closer to the stage until he passes through the part of the stage the Arwing is flying towards. After that the Arwing travels of screen facing downwards at the stage from high above. Falco can briefly shoot lasers and Smat Bombs until the Awring passes through the stage. Then the Arwing comes in from the side. In this final part of the attack, Falco can use a giant Barrel Roll to knock everyone off the stage. After this part of the attack is done, Falco hops out of his Arwing and enters the Brawl again.

^Tilt: Hnad stand and twirl with feet
> Tilt: Head-butt like peck
v Tilt: Tail swipe

Dash attack: Jumps off ground and spins in the air forwards

A combo: Hits with left hand, then right, then rapidly alternates between the two

N-air: Aerial splits
F-air: Goes into bird pose and flaps hands/wings
B-air: Tail swipe backwards
U-air: Rises upwards and pecks
D-air: Goes into diving pose and spins three times (SPIKE)

> Smash: Falco throws his reflector (does not reflect, has zero similar effects to normal reflector, just same look) forwards
^ Smash: Falco does a jump off the ground hits the foes with his wings/hands
v Smash: Stabs hands/wings downwards

Entrance: Comes out of Arwing

Taunt One: Twirls and says his line
Taunt Two: Plays hackey-sack with his reflector
Taunt Three: Looks throught the reticle of his Riffle, puts it down, then smirks

Victory One: Faclo comes out of his Arwing and says "Defeat from my hands is an honor".
Victory Two: Falco tosses a Smart Boms in the air and say "These hurt...a lot!"
Victory Three: Falco jumps off the ground and shoots out three shots from his riffle

Mewtwo By Rhubarbo:
^ Special Teleport: This is the same as in Melee, however, Mewtwo lets out a little burst of energy wherever he reforms.

>Special Psychic: Mewtwo puts his arms out then a field of energy is made. Anyone to enter that field of energy is affected by this attack. Mewtwo can move you around and throw you in any direction when you are cuaght. To move someone, simply tap the control stick. To throw someone, press A.

Neutral Special Hyper Beam: Mewtwo puts his arms in the pose that he used to make a Shadow Ball in Melee. Here he charges up a light beam. Release the attack to send a beam forwards. Mewtwo has to "recharge" after using the attack.

v Special Future Sight: Mewtwo starts to hold his temples. You now enter a mode where you tap b as many times as you want. The more times you tap b, the longer it will take for Future Sight to activate. Everytime you tap the button, an additional 3 seconds are added. You can tap it for as long as you wish, but the move will not take more than 30 seconds to activate.

Final Smash Shadow Ball: Mewtwo holds up a giant Shadow Ball above his head. It starts to grow and absorb foes that are in radius. After a set period of time Mewtwo releases it and sends out shock waves and deals massive damage to all that were sucked in.

> Smash Poison Jab: Mewtwo holds his fist behind him then punches a foe. If fully charged, the foe will have posisonous residue on them that deals damage. The attack however has shadowy effects.

v Smash Dream Eater: Large shadow jaws form in front of Mewtwo. Hold the attack longer for more chomps at the foe.

^ Smash Psycho Cut: A large sweeping "psychic" blade hits the foe.

^Tilt: Tail sweep
>Tilt: Iron Tail
v Tilt: Tail sweep

A combo: Holds both fists outwards towards the foe and sends out a dark burst, then another. After three, he starts making a shadow ball like move that sucks in the foe (much weaker than the regular Shadow Ball)

Dash Attack Toxic: Mewtwo sends out toxic shadowy waste (can not poison)

N-air Bulk Up: Mewtwo grows slightly and hits foes in his radius
F-air Shockwave: Shocks foe with electric shadow attack (can not paralyze)
B-air Double Team: An illusion of Mewtwo hits the foe behind him
U-air Stone Edge: A shadow-ish stone spire hits foes above Mewtwo
D-air Brick Break: A shadow-ish block appears under Mewtwo which he crushes with his mind (SPIKE)

Grab: Long ranged Psychic grab

Taunt One: Laughs maniacally
Taunt Two: Uses Taunt attack to make a hand that waves finger
Taunt Three: Uses the move Flash to make his body glow with light

Victory One: Laughs maniacally
Victory Two: Makes then breaks a Shadow Ball
Victory Three: Teleports into victory podium

Costume One: Cape from anime
Costume Two: Armor from movie
Costume Three: Scarf from Lucas (Pokemon DP)
Costume Four: Black Mewtwo with Orre Trainer's Snag Machine
Costume Five: White Mewtwo
Costume Six: Mewtwo with lab coat (Professor Oak's)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And now, for Falco by Rhubarbo!:

^ Special Barrel Bird: This attack is taken from the ability to do a Barrel Roll in Starfox. Basically, Falco twirils around once, and any attacks that touch his wings/hands during this animation are reflected. While used in the air, Falco will twirl like usual then leave his arms stretched downwards and continue to fly upwards briefly. The recovery is roughly as good as Bird Fire. The attack is used with the aide of Falco's reflector.

> Special Smart Bomb Launcher: This attack is derived from the Smart Bombs. (When I saw the Smart Bomb as an item I thought immediately that this move would have fitted Falco perfectly). Anyways, Falco takes out his giant *** gun and shoots out one Smart Bomb. Prior to shooting it, you can direct the trajectory of where the bomb will fall. The Smart Bomb is much less powerful than the one we all know to be in Brawl as of right now, with it's explosion radius being 1/4 of the size and the knock-back is much less. The attack does come out quicker though.

Neutral Special Laser Turret: Falco holds out a turret that shoots out lasers. Hold the button to launch more lasers. Once the button is released, the lasers come out a short distance out of the turret, after that, they home on into the nearest foe.

v Special Red Snipe http://nintenblog.free.fr/images/falco_20050423.jpg :
This attack is taken from the above artwork. Falco takes out his sniper riffle and holds his eye to the reticle. A red arrow extends a good distance from the gun after Falco holds it out. Falco, while using this move starts to lower his riffle from the high position it starts off in. Release the button combination to send out a fine red laser which has amazing knock back and does high damage.

Final Smash Sky Master/Arwing: Falco calls for his Arwing. It comes in from the opposite side of the screen Falco is facing. He jumps into the ****-pit and goes to the far background of the stage. From there he can shoot Smart Bombs and laser shots. He progressively starts coming closer to the stage until he passes through the part of the stage the Arwing is flying towards. After that the Arwing travels of screen facing downwards at the stage from high above. Falco can briefly shoot lasers and Smat Bombs until the Awring passes through the stage. Then the Arwing comes in from the side. In this final part of the attack, Falco can use a giant Barrel Roll to knock everyone off the stage. After this part of the attack is done, Falco hops out of his Arwing and enters the Brawl again.

^Tilt: Hnad stand and twirl with feet
> Tilt: Head-butt like peck
v Tilt: Tail swipe

Dash attack: Jumps off ground and spins in the air forwards

A combo: Hits with left hand, then right, then rapidly alternates between the two

N-air: Aerial splits
F-air: Goes into bird pose and flaps hands/wings
B-air: Tail swipe backwards
U-air: Rises upwards and pecks
D-air: Goes into diving pose and spins three times (SPIKE)

> Smash: Falco throws his reflector (does not reflect, has zero similar effects to normal reflector, just same look) forwards
^ Smash: Falco does a jump off the ground hits the foes with his wings/hands
v Smash: Stabs hands/wings downwards

Entrance: Comes out of Arwing

Taunt One: Twirls and says his line
Taunt Two: Plays hackey-sack with his reflector
Taunt Three: Looks throught the reticle of his Riffle, puts it down, then smirks

Victory One: Faclo comes out of his Arwing and says "Defeat from my hands is an honor".
Victory Two: Falco tosses a Smart Boms in the air and say "These hurt...a lot!"
Victory Three: Falco jumps off the ground and shoots out three shots from his riffle

Mewtwo By Rhubarbo:
^ Special Teleport: This is the same as in Melee, however, Mewtwo lets out a little burst of energy wherever he reforms.

>Special Psychic: Mewtwo puts his arms out then a field of energy is made. Anyone to enter that field of energy is affected by this attack. Mewtwo can move you around and throw you in any direction when you are cuaght. To move someone, simply tap the control stick. To throw someone, press A.

Neutral Special Hyper Beam: Mewtwo puts his arms in the pose that he used to make a Shadow Ball in Melee. Here he charges up a light beam. Release the attack to send a beam forwards. Mewtwo has to "recharge" after using the attack.

v Special Future Sight: Mewtwo starts to hold his temples. You now enter a mode where you tap b as many times as you want. The more times you tap b, the longer it will take for Future Sight to activate. Everytime you tap the button, an additional 3 seconds are added. You can tap it for as long as you wish, but the move will not take more than 30 seconds to activate.

Final Smash Shadow Ball: Mewtwo holds up a giant Shadow Ball above his head. It starts to grow and absorb foes that are in radius. After a set period of time Mewtwo releases it and sends out shock waves and deals massive damage to all that were sucked in.

> Smash Poison Jab: Mewtwo holds his fist behind him then punches a foe. If fully charged, the foe will have posisonous residue on them that deals damage. The attack however has shadowy effects.

v Smash Dream Eater: Large shadow jaws form in front of Mewtwo. Hold the attack longer for more chomps at the foe.

^ Smash Psycho Cut: A large sweeping "psychic" blade hits the foe.

^Tilt: Tail sweep
>Tilt: Iron Tail
v Tilt: Tail sweep

A combo: Holds both fists outwards towards the foe and sends out a dark burst, then another. After three, he starts making a shadow ball like move that sucks in the foe (much weaker than the regular Shadow Ball)

Dash Attack Toxic: Mewtwo sends out toxic shadowy waste (can not poison)

N-air Bulk Up: Mewtwo grows slightly and hits foes in his radius
F-air Shockwave: Shocks foe with electric shadow attack (can not paralyze)
B-air Double Team: An illusion of Mewtwo hits the foe behind him
U-air Stone Edge: A shadow-ish stone spire hits foes above Mewtwo
D-air Brick Break: A shadow-ish block appears under Mewtwo which he crushes with his mind (SPIKE)

Grab: Long ranged Psychic grab

Taunt One: Laughs maniacally
Taunt Two: Uses Taunt attack to make a hand that waves finger
Taunt Three: Uses the move Flash to make his body glow with light

Victory One: Laughs maniacally
Victory Two: Makes then breaks a Shadow Ball
Victory Three: Teleports into victory podium

Costume One: Cape from anime
Costume Two: Armor from movie
Costume Three: Scarf from Lucas (Pokemon DP)
Costume Four: Black Mewtwo with Orre Trainer's Snag Machine
Costume Five: White Mewtwo
Costume Six: Mewtwo with lab coat (Professor Oak's)
I have to admit, that is a great moveset for Mewtwo. Also, those costumes are really good ideas.

The side-special sounds like it'd be fun to use, and the down-special too lol.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I am going to sum up this entire thread...

almost everybody=Ridley should be in the game, megaman should be in the game, Issac should be in the, King K. Rool should be in the game, some absurd third party character should be in the game, no lag, no lag, no lag, better online, oh yea, no lag, and ridley should be in the game, did I mention that Ridley should be in the game? Can't forget megaman, OMG Ridley should be in the game...

the smart people=reasons why those characters shouldn't be in the game, and actually speak about new features.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I am going to sum this entire thread...

almost everybody=Ridley should be in the game, megaman should be in the game, Issac should be in the, King K. Rool should be in the game, some absurd third party character should be in the game, no lag, no lag, no lag, better online, oh yea, no lag, and ridley should be in the game, did I mention that Ridley should be in the game? Can't forget megaman, OMG Ridley should be in the game...

the smart people=reasons why those characters shouldn't be in the game, and actually speak about new features.
Ridley should be, Isaac should be, MegaMan should not be, King K. Rool should not be. Online expansion/refinement is great, but I'd like to see the big focus in SSB4 be on the Subspace Emissary. The actual concept of all these Nintendo characters actually getting together and saving the world is awesome, but Brawl's way of doing it was really derivative...

I'd also like to see a "Special Brawl" mode where you can fine tune such things as gravity, knockback, damage each character gives/takes, speed (not just Slow or Fast), and other basic elements of the game's physics.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I am going to sum up this entire thread...

You forgot about the ultimate terrible suggestion...GENO!

But seriously, you can't blame people for mainly discussing characters. It's easily the most exciting portion of the game (that I see.)
Also, Isaac and K. Rool would be at least decent additions. ;)

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Ridley should be, Isaac should be, MegaMan should not be, King K. Rool should not be. Online expansion/refinement is great, but I'd like to see the big focus in SSB4 be on the Subspace Emissary. The actual concept of all these Nintendo characters actually getting together and saving the world is awesome, but Brawl's way of doing it was really derivative...

I'd also like to see a "Special Brawl" mode where you can fine tune such things as gravity, knockback, damage each character gives/takes, speed (not just Slow or Fast), and other basic elements of the game's physics.
I agree with you on the Subspace Emissary, the idea was great, but poorly done I think, it could have been so much better, but the basic idea of all of Nintendo's biggest heroes and villains going against each other over world domination is awesome, and yes, special brawl should have much more features...

And yes, Geno is a terrible suggestion, get over him he was a doll in one game and created by Square. We already read a million reasons why he should be in.

Yes, character discussion is exciting but Brawl isn't Brawl just because of the new characters...obviously the game play, mechanics, physics, bla bla, has changed and made Brawl very different melee...so how would you make the next smash game different from melee and brawl?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
how would you make the next smash game different from melee and brawl?
-Nix the silly magnetized ledges mechanic.

-Fix that ridiculous scoring glitch.

-Make it impossible to run off screen (I hate dash attacking with Sonic near the edge of Eldin or Mario Circuit).

-Make it easier to collect trophies. As is, how are you supposed to know if you have any new trophies left to collect in Coin Shooter? You can't. And collecting trophies of all the Subspace Army is an exercise in frustration--if you must make me "capture" all of them, then let me spend my 9999 coins on buying trophy stands, or something.

-Change ground dodging so that if you successfully avoid an attack with it, your attacker is momentarily stunned/flinches.

-Give Lucario a counter that doesn't suck.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Yes, character discussion is exciting but Brawl isn't Brawl just because of the new characters...obviously the game play, mechanics, physics, bla bla, has changed and made Brawl very different melee...so how would you make the next smash game different from melee and brawl?
I made a post on how to add a few more advanced game mechanics, make them relatively easy to use but difficult to use properly. Of course, all the character discussion overshadowed it and it was ignored. Not saying my idea was any good but I would've liked some feedback...

Quoting with some errors fixed...

I had a strange idea along the lines of Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear...an all-purpose meter for doing certain special techniques.

Turn the L button (or Y button) into a Tech button. This button will allow you to do some very useful techniques at the cost of the aforementioned special meter, which refills as you deal damage, thus encouraging aggressive play. My ideas...

- Tech Dash - tap forward or backward while holding L. Moves exactly like a wavedash but the meter prevent spamming. You can do any tilt or smash out of a Tech Dash and it allows you to quickly slide of platforms and edges. Good for approaching, quick movement or edgehogging.

Ease of use makes it iffy since it'll take somewhat less skill to use it. My suggestion is to disallow shielding, dodging, jumping and grabbing during a Tech Dash to increase the risk of using it and to encourage smart usage of the move. There will be no invincibility frames during a Tech Dash, either.

- Tech Shield - Press L while shielding or dodging to perform a parry-type move. If it misses, you're left open briefly. If you land the parry correctly, your opponent will experience heavy lag (a la SF3 parry) long enough for a hard punishment.

- Tech Cancel - Press L with the right timing during a move to cancel the ending lag of any move. The amount of meter used depends on the move. Similar to GGXX's Roman Cancel. Meant to help with long combos.

- Aerial Cancel - Hit L as you land during an aerial to cancel the landing lag. Takes less meter than a Tech Cancel. Similar as L-canceling in Melee.

- Final Smash - When the meter is 50% (or more, still deciding this) full, press L and B to perform the character's specialized Final Smash move. It's primary purpose is dealing large amounts of damage, though most FS's will KO at about 80-90% pre-attack (character dependent). The drawback is that they are no longer invincible nor unblockable (except for some possible grab-type FS's). However, there are ways to combo into these moves.

Of course, these are just ideas, wishful thinking and the like from someone who knows next to nothing about game design or crafting a fighting game engine. The idea of making ATs easy to perform might not sit well with some since it does little to differentiate skilled players from lesser ones. However, it's all in the intelligent use of such techniques rather than the physical execution that I propose makes this system somewhat viable. Any ideas? Comments? Criticisms?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

How can you say K. Rool should not be?

Donkey Kong has been much more important financially to Nitendo, and ALOT more people are familliar with the world of Donkey Kong than that of Metroid, trust me.

K. Rool has been in more DK games than Donkey kong HIMSELF, more people recognize him than Ridley (trust me, among casual gamers, this is the **** truth) and come on, you have either not played a Donkey Kong game, or youre mental to think he wouldnt make a great character.

Do I need to post the general K. Rool moveset again? Dont make me post the moveset again... *Readies the DK fanboy cannon*

No, I wont post the moveset again, I posted it earlier, anyway, K. Rool is as much, if not more deserving than Ridley as I stated, and theres no reason we cant get both.

Have you never played a DKC game? if you did, you'd realize that if we got K. Rool, not only would we get a great, ranged-based heavy fighter, but most likely a stage with all of his great Boss music and such in it.

Such as: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-F0...music_ever_top150_106_dk2_crocodilecacophony/

If you've got another reason K. Rool doesnt deserve to be in, I'll gladly meet you head on with other arguements.

Sorry guys, I've got to defend the rights of my series.

Edit: And wait, how could Isaac possibly deserve it more than K. Rool, whos been in about 9x as many games as Isaac has...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MegaMan should not be, King K. Rool should not be.

oK, can you state your reason why Megaman shouldn't be in besides him being 3rd party ? because he SHOULD be in, and why not have K.Rool as well? I dont totally support K.Rool but Brawl could use another villainwith a unique moveset don't you think?

but I do like the concept of seeing a Brawl Mode where we could play around with mechanics and customize some basic elements to our liking such as damage proportion for example

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool has been in more DK games than Donkey kong HIMSELF, more people recognize him than Ridley (trust me, among casual gamers, this is the **** truth) and come on, you have either not played a Donkey Kong game, or youre mental to think he wouldnt make a great character.
When I read an interesting fact, I have to go see if it is true.

I searched this but excluded all games that didn't have Donkey Kong in the name, so Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing games only in Japan, remakes and what not.

The results were:

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong II, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Circus, Donkey Kong Hockey, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, (I'll exclude Donkey Kong on Game Boy since it is a remake of the original, even though most of the content was new), Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Konga, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, DK: King of Swing, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, DK Jungle Climber, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Okay so DK's total is: 18

King K. Rool: Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Land 2, Donkey Kong Land III, DK King of Swing, DK Jungle Climber, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.

King K. Rool's total is: 10

Now, don't get me wrong, I want K. Rool in Smash as much as the next guy, but DK is definitely in way more then him. And I like how you tried to talk down to players like you knew so much more about DK then them, when a few minutes of searching the web shows you are wrong.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I don't think K.Rool is more popular than Ridley amongst most people. Personally, I'm not a big fan of K.Rool, his character is so...un-necessary!

Veggi

Smash Champion
I like most of the A attacks, though I'm not so sure flailing an axe around really matches the character...

Anyway, my moveset had the furniture thing as his side+B, while his neutral B was just him laughing (complete with physical "Ha ha ha"s), which would deflect projectiles and deal light damage at close range. My Up+B had him flying upward, thrusting a wrapped gift box in front of him, as if delivering it. If the box hit someone, it'd explode and deal damage. I don't remember what his down+B was supposed to be...but I don't think it should be a pitfall--that's a really neat item as is. Maybe he could dig a hole, and characters that ran over it'd fall in, and only get out by pressing A.

Or something. Anyways, I definitely like your side+B more, especially if it was changed so you could deliver back whatever it was you caught--Smart Bomb, Charge Shot, Aura Sphere, turnip, etc., by using the move again. Actually hitting someone with it would make them go all "wtf".

Overall, pretty boss.
We already have a guy with a bunch of explosives and a cartoon kid who stabs swords on top of people's head so I thought it wouldn't be pushing it much. Still I can't come up with things better than using an axe. Side B might be a better placement for furniture toss. I have to disagree with his laugh though, I think a net is a better replacement no offense. Maybe I miswrote it, but it says when side b is pressed again it would throw back what is caught. Also I meant to say that when an attack doesn't catch something it would make them stunned if it hit. For up b I think I prefer the person's I quoted below me. Although I thought mine would be pretty cool looking. >_>

I made this moveset before the pitfall item was introduced so I might need to change it. I don't know much about Metroid, but doesn't Samus use the screw attack for her up b the same as the item? If so, I don't really think it needs to be changed that much. Plus having one in the ground isn't as useful as being able to throw one. Not sure about this one. Maybe Nook could be able to pluck up a fossil or a gyroid as an attack instead?

I really like that but I think his Neutral B could be a bit different, along with his UpSmash. His B could simply be he pulls a piece of furniture out of pocket, and can throw it like Peach's vegetables. Different pieces of furniture could have different effects. Maybe 2% of the time he pulls out a couch which he heaves around, and when thrown it does ~25% damage.
Also maybe, he could float up on balloons for his UpB?
I think plucking it out and being able to hold it would be a little too close to Peach's move. I think it work's better the way it is in the game. The different percentages thing seems like a good idea. I like his up smash alot, because it makes alot of sense to his character, plus it just seems really fun. The up b I think is better than mine. Nook gives out baloons sometime in the game if I remember right. Maybe I'll edit the moveset later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom