• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neji32

Smash Lord
I doubt there will be a SSB4. Rather updates for SSBB. But if there was, maybe it would be more competitive and be called SSBT Super smash bros tourney or something.

Give ganon his actual moves would be good(the should left out ike and gave ganon his moveset, then kept roy with an altered moveset)
Knuckles and tails should be on it. (TAILS FTW=))
Nerf MK, take out snake and place him with some new nintendo character. Add a goron as a playable character. Add crystal.......Just add tons of new characters(King K rool would have been too sweet)

neji32

Smash Lord
Sega characters should stay/come, sega wont be making a new system and nintendo is where sonic games happen. Snake? Why have him?

Talis moveset
------------------

A-a punch 2%

AA-another punch with a different hand 3%

AAA-a kick to push the opponent back a little 3%

Ftilt- A forward tail whip with his 2 tails. 8%

Uptilt- A up tail whip like pikachus. 7% can juggle 3 times
Dtilt-A quick swipe with his tails like fox/falco.8% can trip opponent too.

Fsmash- A spin that slashes the opponent with his tails.12-18% Medium knockback

Usmash- A backflip hitting the opponent with his tails.11-18% Can juggle twice

Dsmash-same as sonic

Upair- Kicks his feet up in the air.12%

Fair-Same as sonic

Dair- Goes into a ball and drops hard. Spikes, 13%, can be canceled early

Bair- Slaps his tails back.12%

neutral B- Bounces up and down in a ball 4 times.16%-24%

Down B-same as Sonic

forward B- same as sonics

Up B- Uses his tails to fly, flies for 4 seconds. Can up again if hit. Hitbox on tail's tails. 3% per hit. If on ground tails jumps up and starts, jump does 6%

Tails would be a really light character but all his attacks would be fast, faster than sonics but only 2nd fastest running speed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
-They should keep everyone they have now. That's great.

-Give Roy his own moveset. For the love of god, a unique movest.
-Pichu for Plusle + Minun doesn't sound half bad actually.
-Dr. Mario, sure why not.
-Mewtwo shouldn't have been cut in the first place.
-We don't HAVE to add young link. We have Toon Link.
-Give Falco his Sky Claw final smash, and Wolf a Star Wolf-ish final smash. NO LANDMASTER!!!
-Give Ganondorf a sword moveset. NAO.

Characters I want to see?
-Bowser Jr.
-Ridley
-Dark Samus
-ANY MPH hunter. MPH3 hunters too. Especially Ghor.
-Krystal
-Zant
-K. Rool
-Darknut (I can dream. XD)
-Animal Crosser
-Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, or Deathborn. IDRC.
-Geno
-Claus

-NO more sonic. No thanks.
-NO more snake. I'm being fair, even though there ARE metal gear characters I want to see in a SSB game: Psycho Mantis, Gray Fox, Liquid Snake
-MORE third party. Be reasonable though.
-NO rayman.
-NO more random slaughter games, wtf. (NO killer instinct, NO RE, NO castelvenia)

-Better stage builder.
-Custom character. I want to be able to take a character, like a mii kind of thing, modify it, and customize it's special moves.

-CUT me a break here. No more super AI.

-New adventure mode, beginning to end, no ****ed plot holes.

-Add a worldwide character poll system, so people can vote on characters that they want to be able to download to the game. That'd be awesome.

Tis all I got, no whiny shix about falling speed or dash dancing (WHICH is in brawl as it is btw.)

neji32

Smash Lord
Custom characters would defeat the purpose of SSB and make it less fun. (Nintendo charas fighting it out, custom charas would look stupid) GIVE WOLF A SHIP OR SOMETHING. How bout fox gets tue great fox(allows u to control the bottom gun and blast people) Falco gets his ship and wolf has a landmaster?

GIVE LINK/TL a REAL FINAL SMASH. Something from the game, like link turns into a wolf and goes beast mode(literally) that could be a permanent change too(like ZSS)
I never played wind waker, maybe TL can make storms though. Give him something cool

Raptor Jesus.

Smash Cadet
I would absolutely love to see some extra F-Zero characters like: Blood Falcon, Samurai Goro, etc.

And for the love of me, add Leon Powalski from the StarFox series. He kicks so much arse.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would love a custom costume painter (u could make a CDi Link, lol), Ray or someone from the Custom Robo series needs to be represented (it's a really good series of games, and I'm surprised that no one suggests him), no Master Chief (not a big HALO fan).

Spire

III
BRoomer
-Give Ganondorf a sword moveset.

Characters I want to see?

-Darknut (I can dream. XD)
If Ganondorf gets a sword, Darknut could easily be an alt costume. It would be entirely relevant to Ganondorf anyways, seeing as how Darknuts are his minions. I'd like him to actually use a Darknut-like "cleaver" sword, rather than the puny Sage execution light sword or whatever it was. That just didn't go well with Ganondorf.

-New adventure mode, beginning to end, no ****ed plot holes.
I actually think an adventure mode needs a lot of optional branches and what not. The SSE would have been okay if it weren't for the Great Maze. A better story is necessary, but I would like the adventure mode to have great replay value. We all played Melee's adventure mode a million times, but Brawl's? I've played through it once, and never again want to do so.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I doubt there will be a SSB4. Rather updates for SSBB. But if there was, maybe it would be more competitive and be called SSBT Super smash bros tourney or something.

Give ganon his actual moves would be good(the should left out ike and gave ganon his moveset, then kept roy with an altered moveset)
Knuckles and tails should be on it. (TAILS FTW=))
Nerf MK, take out snake and place him with some new nintendo character. Add a goron as a playable character. Add crystal.......Just add tons of new characters(King K rool would have been too sweet)
you want take out snake but add the most ******** third parties...knuckles and tails...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
neji32 said:
Not gonna' happen. The Wii already has a huge issue with storage space, and even if they do fix it, consider this: Brawl's already the largest Wii game (double-layered DVD, 128(?) blocks for a save you can't move, and--for a 1st party Nintendo game--huge load times), and if you mix that element with Nintendo's wishy-washy online, an idea like that is all but impossible. Maybe on Wii2 or something.

Snake? Why have him?
Meta's...fine as he is, isn't he? Did I miss the boat here, or something? I thought he was a finely-tuned character...

Snake's staying. He's a totally original character, his creator's a friend of Sakurai (though disregard that assuming Sakurai isn't in on SSB4), and plus--HE'S SOLID F***ING SNAKE.

Also, you spelled 'Krystal' wrong. And your moveset for Tails is absolutely terrible.

GIVE LINK/TL a REAL FINAL SMASH. Something from the game, like link turns into a wolf and goes beast mode(literally)
Yes, because we all know how often Mario spews giant tornados of fire, or all the times in her games Samus fires lazers twice the size of her entire body.

Link's FS is probably the coolest one in the game (after Jiggs, of course).

majora_787 said:
-NO more sonic. No thanks.
-NO more snake. I'm being fair, even though there ARE metal gear characters I want to see in a SSB game: Psycho Mantis, Gray Fox, Liquid Snake
-MORE third party. Be reasonable though.
-NO rayman.
-NO more random slaughter games, wtf. (NO killer instinct, NO RE, NO castelvenia)

-Better stage builder.
-Custom character. I want to be able to take a character, like a mii kind of thing, modify it, and customize it's special moves.

-CUT me a break here. No more super AI.

-Add a worldwide character poll system, so people can vote on characters that they want to be able to download to the game. That'd be awesome.
Sonic'll stay in, barring any corporate meltdowns between now and ~whenever. To think otherwise is fooling yourself. Though you're not alone--I'm not a huge fan of Sonic myself, but hey...

As for Snake...I really don't get the hate for the guy here. Seriously, he may be broken, but he's an awesome videogame character, which counts for more than playability in Smash Bros. And if he's not included, there's no way any other MGS character would be (although I'd explode with fanboyish happiness if Snake was cut and replaced with Raiden).

Third party characters are going to be a rarity. One would think that once the decision was made to allow it, the floodgates would be thrown open, right? Megaman? Rayman? Geno? Belmont? Optimus Prime? Sure, bring em' on, right? Obviously not. We got two, and we're lucky at that--Snake was essentially a personal favor to a friend, and Sonic was only there because of absolutely overwhelming fan demand.
I wouldn't say no to another two, maybe three, third-parties, but don't get your hopes up. (By the way, why is Castlevania a "random slaughter" game? Same for RE...and yeah, Killer Instinct? And are there any "random slaughter" characters in Brawl already?)

Custom characters are a bad idea. At least as far as move-customization goes. Appearances, maybe: like a SF or GG-esque color changer. But a moveset-creator would completely blow away any shred of balance the game might have.

I have no idea what "super AI" means.

And on a final note, downloadable characters are a pipe dream, at best. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I reaaaaaaally don't see it coming to be...

Raptor Jesus. said:
I would absolutely love to see some extra F-Zero characters like: Blood Falcon, Samurai Goro, etc.

And for the love of me, add Leon Powalski from the StarFox series. He kicks so much arse.
F-ZERO will have more reps. Definitely. Samurai Goro's already halfway there, and Black Shadow's the perfect guy to take over Ganon's to-be-discarded moveset!

And Leon is awesome, but I think Krystal should get in before him. He'd be a good Falco for Wolf, though.

Spire III said:
I actually think an adventure mode needs a lot of optional branches and what not. The SSE would have been okay if it weren't for the Great Maze. A better story is necessary, but I would like the adventure mode to have great replay value. We all played Melee's adventure mode a million times, but Brawl's? I've played through it once, and never again want to do so.
I don't know about you, but I only enjoyed Adventure Mode once, which was when I first went through it. I only played it 25 more times so I could collect the other trophies.

SSE, on the other hand, has the whole Trophy Stand collection thing going for it. Which isn't really a good thing, as I really, REALLY hate playing those stages on Intense, but it's a better incentive to go back into it than Melee had.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, paper Mario for SSB4!

But K. Rool better get in, and this better be a song on the stage he has... I dont care if this version isnt done by Nintendo dammit, it's so good!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-aRDwlo7kRKU/king_k_rool_battle_donkey_kong_country_dkc/

Theres the link to it.
Eahum...hate to break it to you, but that song's already in the game. Like, it's in Brawl. You can listen to it while you play Brawl.

I don't know the exact name of the track, and it might be part of a larger piece, but that music is definitely in Brawl already.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Eahum...hate to break it to you, but that song's already in the game. Like, it's in Brawl. You can listen to it while you play Brawl.

I don't know the exact name of the track, and it might be part of a larger piece, but that music is definitely in Brawl already.
I know it is. King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2. I meant the exact version of the video I posted.........

Here's what youre talking about: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-LPQFSKCt5oQ/king_k_rool_ship_deck_super_smash_bros_brawl/

Yeah theyre different, the guitar riffs in the Brawl one are not QUITE as epic. Still amazing though.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see a reduction (Yeah, you heard me) in items. Honestly, right now, you can't play with items on higher than Low or else you get flooded with random things happening every 20 seconds or so. I mean really, it so happens that whoever gets more items will win the game. Also, there are like 10 or so one-shot kill items. I wish it was just like SSB64 in the items aspect, where there was 1 insta-shot item (Hammer) and the other items were more supplementary, rather than decisive in the victory.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
They added Toon Link, can't see why Paper Mario wouldn't be in it, and the movet someone posted earlier was coolios
Because Paper Mario is the same Mario as the Mario currently in the Smash franchise. They took out Young Link and added Toon Link because Toon Link is canonically not the same Link as the Link in the Smash franchise at the moment (and neither was Young Link).

As far as I know, Paper Mario is the exact same Mario.

random narcolepsy, you just fall asleep as if jiggalypuff is putting you to sleep.........RANDOMLY!!!! I think sakurai is gona love it.
First there was Tripping... then came Napping!

Also, Sakurai probably saw my thread on Air Tripping. He probably went "Why didn't I think of that?" and is now plotting implementing it into SSB4 or as a patch for SSBB. Every time you jump, there's a 0.5% chance of Air Tripping!

Up B Failure - Every time you Up B, there's a 1% chance of it failing! It won't come out at all, but it'll be as if you've already Up B (i.e., no Up B:ing!)

Bob-Omb Sniping - Every single second spent in a game, there's a 1/1000 chance of a Bob-Omb spawning randomly on top of one player... even if items are off.

Auto-Final Smash - Every 5 seconds, three dice are rolled. If all three land on the same number (1-10), one player in the match gets a free Smash Ball equipped.

Attack Tripping - Every single attack in the game has a 1/500 chance of making the person performing it trip be it in the air or on the ground.

With this, it truly will be random and there'll be no real way to always have the best player win every single time.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Because Paper Mario is the same Mario as the Mario currently in the Smash franchise. They took out Young Link and added Toon Link because Toon Link is canonically not the same Link as the Link in the Smash franchise at the moment (and neither was Young Link).

As far as I know, Paper Mario is the exact same Mario.
As far as I know, Toon Link isn't even the same Person as Young Link. In fact, I may be horribly wrong, but is it not true that in Toon Link's game (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker), the name Link is never mentioned? And if it is, it's most definitely not mentioned to reference the main character.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
As far as I know, Toon Link isn't even the same Person as Young Link. In fact, I may be horribly wrong, but is it not true that in Toon Link's game (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker), the name Link is never mentioned? And if it is, it's most definitely not mentioned to reference the main character.
Toon Link and Young Link are not the same Links, no. Sakurai probably didn't want 3 Links in the game, which was why Young Link was switched out when Toon Link was created. Toon Link, Link and Young Link are entirely different characters (canonically).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Toon Link and Young Link are not the same Links, no. Sakurai probably didn't want 3 Links in the game, which was why Young Link was switched out when Toon Link was created. Toon Link, Link and Young Link are entirely different characters (canonically).
Shush, Yuna, this is teh intarwebs. Logic isn't allowed.

Paper Mario is technically the same canonically, but he'd have a completely different moveset. I can see it working, but I'm not interested or enthusiastic about the idea.

They need to add the following:

- Ashley and Red (Character) (Warioware)
- Issac (Character) (Golden Sun)
- Venus Lighthouse (Stage) (Golden Sun)
- Djinni (Item <acts like hydra, but certain combos make different summons>) (Golden Sun)

There's actually a lot more I want, but if they removed tripping and added that along with more hitstun it'd be a great game, competitively and for party timez.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Alrighty... I think I've come up with a good stage list.

I'm not too familiar with certain universes, though, so if I missed something, lemme know.

I'd also like suggestions for music for each stage.

[MARIO SERIES]
Good Egg Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
Rogueport (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Peach's Birthday Cake (Mario Party)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.)
Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario 64/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Mushroom Hingdom II (Super Mario Bros 2/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[DONKEY KONG SERIES]
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
Timber Island (Diddy Kong Racing)
75m (Donkey Kong/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong Country/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[YOSHI SERIES]
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island DS)
Yoshi's Cookie (Yoshi's Cookie)
Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Story/Super Smash Bros.)

[STAR FOX SERIES]
Krazoa Palace (Star Fox Adventures)
Fortuna (Star Fox)
Lylat Cruise (Star Fox/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Corneria (Star Fox 64/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[KIRBY SERIES]
Mt. Dedede (Kirby's Dream Land)
City Trial (Kirby Air Ride)
Ripple Star (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby's Adventure/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Halberd (Kirby Super Star/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[MOTHER/EARTHBOUND SERIES]
Tazmily Island (Mother 3)
Twoson (EarthBound)
Onett (EarthBound/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
New Pork City (Mother 3/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES]
Death Mountain (The Legend of Zelda)
Lost Woods (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Palace of Twilight (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Bridge of Eldin (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Pirate Ship (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Great Bay (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Hyrule Castle (The Legend of Zelda/Super Smash Bros.)

[METROID SERIES]
Phaaze (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
Tourian (Metroid)
Norfair (Metroid/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Brinstar (Metroid/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[POKEMON SERIES]
Realgam Tower (Pokemon Colosseum)
Sky Pillar (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
Celadon City (Pokemon Red/Blue)
Spear Pillar (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Poke Floats (Pokemon Series/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[FIRE EMBLEM SERIES]
Sacaean Plains (Fire Emblem)
Kingdom of Daein (Fire Emblem: Path of Radience)
Castle Siege (Fire Emblem Series/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[F-ZERO SERIES]
Mute City (F-Zero Series)
Port Town Aero Dive (F-Zero GX/AX/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Big Blue (F-Zero X/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[RETRO SERIES]
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Infinite Glacier (Ice Climber)
Gyromite (Gyromite)
Flat Zone 3 (Game & Watch Gallery)
Flat Zone (Game & Watch/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Summit (Ice Climber/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Skyworld (Kid Icarus/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[STANDALONE SERIES]
Hall of Heiroglyphs (Wario Land)
WarioWare, Inc. 2 (WarioWare: Mega Microgame$!)
Valley of Repose (Pikmin)
Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
PictoChat (Nintendo DS PictoChat/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Panel De Pon (Puzzle League Series)
Smashville (Animal Crossing/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Battlefield
Final Destination

[THIRD PARTY SERIES]
Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man)
Dracula's Castle (Castlevania)
Space Colony ARK (Sonic Adventure 2)
Zanzibar Land (Metal Gear)
Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To Shadow Calibur: I find it doubtable that we will go from 42 stages to 74 stages in the next smash.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alrighty... I think I've come up with a good stage list.

I'm not too familiar with certain universes, though, so if I missed something, lemme know.

I'd also like suggestions for music for each stage.

[MARIO SERIES]
Good Egg Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
Rogueport (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Peach's Birthday Cake (Mario Party)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.)
Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario 64/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Mushroom Hingdom II (Super Mario Bros 2/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[DONKEY KONG SERIES]
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)
75m (Donkey Kong/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong Country/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[YOSHI SERIES]
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Island DS)
Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Story/Super Smash Bros.)

[STAR FOX SERIES]
Fortuna (Star Fox)
Lylat Cruise (Star Fox/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Corneria (Star Fox 64/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[KIRBY SERIES]
Ripple Star (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby's Adventure/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Halberd (Kirby Super Star/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[MOTHER/EARTHBOUND SERIES]
Tazmily Island (Mother 3)
Twoson (EarthBound)
Onett (EarthBound/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
New Pork City (Mother 3/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES]
Death Mountain (The Legend of Zelda)
Lost Woods (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Palace of Twilight (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Bridge of Eldin (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Pirate Ship (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Great Bay (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Hyrule Castle (The Legend of Zelda/Super Smash Bros.)

[METROID SERIES]
Tourian (Metroid)
Norfair (Metroid/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Brinstar (Metroid/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[POKEMON SERIES]
Realgam Tower (Pokemon Colosseum)
Sky Pillar (Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire)
Celadon City (Pokemon Red/Blue)
Spear Pillar (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Poke Floats (Pokemon Series/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[FIRE EMBLEM SERIES]
Castle Siege (Fire Emblem Series/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[F-ZERO SERIES]
Mute City (F-Zero Series)
Port Town Aero Dive (F-Zero GX/AX/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Big Blue (F-Zero X/Super Smash Bros. Melee)

[RETRO SERIES]
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Infinite Glacier (Ice Climber)
Gyromite (Gyromite)
Flat Zone 3 (Game & Watch Gallery)
Flat Zone (Game & Watch/Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Summit (Ice Climber/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Skyworld (Kid Icarus/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

[STANDALONE SERIES]
Hall of Heiroglyphs (Wario Land)
WarioWare, Inc. 2 (WarioWare: Mega Microgame$!)
Valley of Repose (Pikmin)
PictoChat (Nintendo DS PictoChat/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Panel De Pon (Puzzle League Series)
Smashville (Animal Crossing/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Battlefield
Final Destination

[THIRD PARTY SERIES]
Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man)
Zanzibar Land (Metal Gear)
Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog/Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
[MARIO]

Good Egg Galaxy- Obviously going to be tournament banned because it would need weird physics, but it would be a fun stage to play on. Definitely good for casual smashers.

Rougeport- Which area, of Rougeport? If there's going to be a Paper Mario stage, I think the Glitzville arena would be better.

Peach's Birthday Cake- This is actually the first stage I though of when somebody suggested a Mario Party stage. I'm cool with it, though it would probably be tournament banned.

Bowser's Castle- Yes.

Rainbow Cruise- A favorite stage of mine. Though I'm like one of the negative two people who like it, I'd still like to see it in

Delfino Plaza- Also a favorite stage of mine.

Luigi's Mansion- I think they need to revamp the stage from what they had in Brawl. Maybe the rooftop area of the mansion as the stage would be good.

Mushroom Kingdom II- Nah. It wasn't a very good stage to begin with.

[DONKEY KONG]

Gangplank Galleon- Doesn't Toon Link's stage satisfy this?

Timber Island- A Diddy Kong Racing stage would be cool, but I don't think Timber Island is the best choice for this.

75m- Good for nostalgia, and a fun stage to play on. Just not good for tournaments.

Kongo Jungle- Why not? It's a good stage

[YOSHI]

I'm not going to respond to all of these specifically, but I say we just keep in the stages that have already been made for Yoshi. Maybe a Baby Bowser's Castle stage though. That would be a blast.

[STAR FOX]

Kroazoa Palace- Definitely. It would be a fun stage.

Fortuna- Don't really remember enough about Fortuna to give a good response.

Lylat Cruise/Corneria- Keep them both in. They're good stages.

[KIRBY]

Mt. Dedede- Don't know enough about the game to give a good response.

City Trial- Yes. This stage would be really fun. Maybe it could have an alternate as one of the arena battles once in a while.

Ripple Star- I don't remember the game well enough to give a good response.

Fountain of Dreams- I always likes this stage. Bring it back, is my vote.

Halberd- I like this stage. Keep it in.

[EARTHBOUND]

I really don't know anything about this series.

[ZELDA]

Death Mountain- Maybe a Dodongo's Cavern stage, but not a Death Mountain stage.

Lost Woods- Nah. It would be to hard to turn this into a good stage.

Palace of Twilight- That would be a cool looking stage, but not necessarily a good stage.

Bridge of Eldin- Keep it.

Pirate Ship- Keep it.

Great Bay- I'm not sure about this one. It felt like a filler stage to me.

Hyrule Castle- Yes. This was the best stage in the original SSB. Also, the tornado hazard was always fun.

[METROID]

I don't know enough about Metroid to answer.

[POKEMON]

I love Pokemon, but honestly, all I think we need is Pokemon Stadium stages. Stages outside of that would just feel a bit gimmicky. Maybe, just maybe, we could get a Gym stage.

[FIRE EMBLEM]

I don't know enough about Fire Emblem.

[F-ZERO]

I agree with every stage you suggested and don't really have any other opinions on them.

[RETRO]

Underworld- Definitely a good stage idea. It would be better than Skyworld.

Infinite Glacier- Maybe it could replace the Mario Bros. stage. It would still have the same look to it, but it wouldn't be as cheap.

Gyromite- R.O.B. needs a stage.

Flat Zone 3- Meh. We really only need one Flat Zone stage.

Flat Zone- See Flat Zone 3

Summit- Yay?! It was a fun stage. Keep it in.

Skyworld- Change the stage. I mean, I want a Skyworld stage, just not how it was in Brawl.

[STANDALONE]

We need WarioWare, Pictochat, an Animal Crossing stage, Final Destination, and Battlefield. That's pretty much it for these.

[THIRD PARTY]

Dr. Wily's Castle- Assuming Megaman gets in, either this stage or a Netbattle arena would be good.

Dracula's Castle- Assuming a Castlevania character makes it, Dracula's Castle would be a cool stage.

Space Colony ARK- I'm actually leaning more towards a Chao Gardens stage, but an ARK stage would be cool too.

Zanzibar Land- I don't know enough about Metal Gear to answer.

Shadow Moses Island- I liked the stage, and it's important to the Metal Gear universe. This needs to get in

Green Hills Zone- Yay nostalgia?! I want this stage in.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd love to see a reduction (Yeah, you heard me) in items. Honestly, right now, you can't play with items on higher than Low or else you get flooded with random things happening every 20 seconds or so. I mean really, it so happens that whoever gets more items will win the game. Also, there are like 10 or so one-shot kill items. I wish it was just like SSB64 in the items aspect, where there was 1 insta-shot item (Hammer) and the other items were more supplementary, rather than decisive in the victory.
Well, I would agree with you, but since you can just turn off all the items you don't like--and indeed, create a scenario in which there's only the Hammer/GOlDen Hammer to fear, I don't.

The more items the better, as long as they're not completely pointless (i.e. Smoke Ball).

SEGWAY

Hokay, why are we arguing about Mario canon? Seriously...Zelda--fine, but Mario? Even if those two Marios are the same, which they probably are, the point is moot, because Young Link and Link in Melee were the same character. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, starring the same Link after he went back in time at the end of Ocarina.

WHO CARES? PAPER MARIO FOR SSB4.

Deathcarter said:
To Shadow Calibur: I find it doubtable that we will go from 42 stages to 74 stages in the next smash.
Smash 64: 9 stages.
Melee: 29 stages.
Brawl: 42 stages.

At the very minimum, judging by those numbers SSB4 will have at least 55 stages. But if they did what they should've been doing all along, and keeping every past stage in reserve (seriously, I loved Saffron City!), that number could possibly hit somewhere within the 60-65 range.

74's probably a bit much, though.

Anyway, as far as Shadow Calibur's suggestions go, they're pretty solid, although I notice there aren't any new F-ZERO stages. Also, isn't three "Yoshi's Island"s a bit too many? Two Twilight Princes stages is probably one too many, and how exactly would "Zanzibar Land" play out? You also didn't account for any new Nintendo franchises having characters in the game, like Advance Wars or Custom Robo. Why was Distant Planet cut--now there's only one Pikmin stage?

Oh, and another thing, Galaxy stages won't work in Smash Bros. See here: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-052608.php

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
In SSB4, NO TRIPPING! That's it. And everyone who says Sakurai needs to be out is asking for a really bad game. Sakurai seems like someone who only looks towards competitive players in my opinion, but many competitive players say he's casual oriented. Sakurai is the heart and soul of SSB. Taking him off the series is like trying to make a mario game without miyamoto.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Below are stages that I would like added. I have not included stages for all games, but only those that I really care about.

[SUPER MARIO SERIES]
- Bob-omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64); could be a mockup rather than a specific area, that encompasses the best elements: canon platform (occasionally opens and upon falling in, launches you upwards a good 20-30 feet), occasional rolling canon balls pass through the center of the stage (the mountain should be seen in the background with Big Bob-omb on top).
- Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.); Either on a stationary platform(s), or a scrolling stage to acompany Mushroomy Kingdom.

[DONKEY KONG SERIES]
- Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country); would be a walk-off stage to signify its longevity in contrast to the Pirate Ship WW stage.
- Timber Island (Diddy Kong Racing); could be in the main field area with the waterfall and frogs hopping around in bg; Taj makes a cameo every so often, along with other racers a la Tails, Knuckles, Silver style.

[YOSHI SERIES]
- Tall Tower (Yoshi's Story); to divert from the generic Yoshi's Island stages.

[LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES]
- Ocarina of Time Journey (or something of the like - also, not my original idea) - you start at the Temple of Time, and after fighting for a while, the Minuet of Forest plays and you warp to the Sacred Forest Meadow, then the Bolero of Fire plays and you warp to Death Mountain Crater, then the Serenade of Water to Lake Hylia, then Nocturne of Shadow to Kakariko Graveyard, then the Requiem of Spirit to the Desert Colossus, and finally the Prelude of Light plays and you warp back to the Temple of Time. This would be an excellent way to traverse throughout all of the core OoT areas besides Hyrule Castle.
- Great Sea (Wind Waker); You would start on the Pirate Ship, but then dock at Windfall Island, after fighting for a while, the camera would move back to the ship and you would set sail for Dragon Roost, Outset, and Forsaken Fortress. Basically, it's very similar to the Pirate Ship except you dock at different islands and fight there for a while.
- Clock Town (Majora's Mask); would take place in Central Clock Town with the Clock Tower in the near background. Like the Great Bay had, after playing for a while, the Moon would descend, but the Four Giants would stop it from collision.
- Hyrule Castle; Not the stage from SSB64, but a new one based off of the latest design at the time that SSB4 is made. Probably on the rooftops.

[F-ZERO SERIES]
- Sand Ocean - Lateral Shift; if a new F-Zero comes out by then, then a new track on Sand Ocean.

[THIRD PARTY SERIES]
- Planet Bomber (if Bomberman makes it in) (Bomberman Hero); Takes place in a "Battle Room" designed after the stages in Bomberman Hero.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In SSB4, NO TRIPPING! That's it. And everyone who says Sakurai needs to be out is asking for a really bad game. Sakurai seems like someone who only looks towards competitive players in my opinion, but many competitive players say he's casual oriented. Sakurai is the heart and soul of SSB. Taking him off the series is like trying to make a mario game without miyamoto.
Sakurai only seems that he's leaning towards the competitive players because Melee was actually a fluke. In reality, he's not. Interviews with him have revealed that he's not into competitive and likes it when everyone wins.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If Ganondorf gets a sword, Darknut could easily be an alt costume. It would be entirely relevant to Ganondorf anyways, seeing as how Darknuts are his minions. I'd like him to actually use a Darknut-like "cleaver" sword, rather than the puny Sage execution light sword or whatever it was. That just didn't go well with Ganondorf.

I thought in TP, The Darknut was a guardian of the Temple of Time? No idea.

Mandez, when I said NO MORE SONIC, I meant NO KNUCKLES. NO TAILS. NO SHADOW. And if they have to add someone, NO EGGMAN. I also didn't mean remove Snake.

And when I said custom moveset, I only meant the four B attacks. Like maybe take a Mii and give it Mario's fireballs, Link's spin attack, Bowser's forward B and Pikachu's down B.

Of course all A attacks and the final smash would be set in stone, I'm not THAT crazy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I thought in TP, The Darknut was a guardian of the Temple of Time? No idea.
It was, but there was also a Darknut guarding the door to Ganondorf in Hyrule Castle. Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, Stalfos, Lizalfos, and Dinalfos have always been Ganon's grunts. Darknuts in TP weren't of a particular race or species, but were composed of darkness (seen in Link's Crossbow Training, they could dissipate into a cloud of bats) and were essentially makeshift Ganondorfs (they fought like him). So, in a sense, Darknuts are the Phantom Ganons in Twilight Princess.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It was, but there was also a Darknut guarding the door to Ganondorf in Hyrule Castle. Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, Stalfos, Lizalfos, and Dinalfos have always been Ganon's grunts. Darknuts in TP weren't of a particular race or species, but were composed of darkness (seen in Link's Crossbow Training, they could dissipate into a cloud of bats) and were essentially makeshift Ganondorfs (they fought like him). So, in a sense, Darknuts are the Phantom Ganons in Twilight Princess.
Didn't know they could turn into bats! That makes them seem better to me. To be expected, never played crossbow training.

SSB4 also needs character skins. Skins that make characters look just like similar characters.

Ganondorf and Darknut?
Luigi and
Mr. L
?
Peach and
the Shadow Queen
?
Mario and Dr. Mario?
Fox and James? Seems worthless, but I thought James was awesome in SF Command.

Samus and Dark Samus possibly. I'd prefer just to see Dark Samus though.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Okay... how's this list? A bit shorter than the last, and I changed my suggestions around.

[MARIO STAGES]
Good Egg Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy). I don't think gravity will be an issue.
Glitzville Arena (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door). Whoever suggested this gets a cookie.
Peach's Bithday Cake (Mario Party)
Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros.). Same concept as what the Mushroomy Kingdom had. Y'know, scrolling stage, depicts something ruined.
Rainbow Cruise (Super Mario 64). Give this a serious graphical overhaul if needed.
Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)
Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion)

[DONKEY KONG STAGES]
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country). WHOLE different concept from the Wind Waker stage in Brawl.
75m (Donkey Kong)
Kongo Jungle Melee (Donkey Kong Country)

[LEGEND OF ZELDA STAGES]
Death Mountain (Legend of Zelda)
Lost Woods (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time). Still sticking with it. Think of the ideas that could come with it.
Pirate Ship (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
Great Bay (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Hyrule Castle (Legend of Zelda). Update its graphical style to that of Twilight Princess.

[KIRBY STAGES]
Fountain of Dreams (Kirby's Adventure)
Halberd (Kirby Super Star)

[METROID STAGES]
Tourian (Metroid)
Norfair (Metroid)
Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime)

[POKEMON STAGES]
Realgam Tower (Pokemon Colosseum). Same concept as the Pokemon Stadium stages.
Celadon City Gym (Pokemon Red/Blue)
Spear Pillar (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl)
Poke Floats (Pokemon Series)

[STAR FOX STAGES]
Katina (Star Fox Assault)
Lylat Cruise (Star Fox). Update to Assault's graphical style.
Corneria (Star Fox 64). Same as above.

[F-ZERO STAGES]
Phantom Road Slim-Line Slits (F-Zero GX/AX)
Port Town Aero Dive (F-Zero GX/AX)
Big Blue (F-Zero X). Update to GX's graphical style.

[YOSHI STAGES]
Tall Tower (Yoshi's Story)
Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World). I dunno how it should be updated.

[MOTHER/EARTHBOUND STAGES]
Saturn Valley (Mother series)
New Pork City (Mother 3)

[FIRE EMBLEM STAGES]

[RETRO STAGES]
Infinite Glacier (Ice Climber). Think Icicle Mountain and the Summit combined with fully destructible terrain.
Underworld (Kid Icarus)
Gyromite (Gyromite)
Flat Zone 3 (Game & Watch)

[STANDALONES] I can't think of ANY stages from any other no-character franchises. PLEASE give me suggestions!
WarioWare Inc. 2 (WarioWare: Mega Microgame$!)
Distant Planet (Pikmin). Actually needs to have that sleeping Bulborb move around.
Smashville (Animal Crossing)
PictoChat (PictoChat)
Holosseum (Custom Robo)
Battlefield (Super Smash Bros). Impose it on a metropolis-like background.
Final Destination (Super Smash Bros). Care to give me ideas that'll trump Brawl's FD?

[THIRD PARTY STAGES]
Dr. Wily's Fortress (Mega Man)
Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid). Fight INSIDE the facility.

That better? That's about... 58 stages.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
And Celadon City Gym should be Cerulean City gym... GO WATER POKEMON!!!

And if it could be a basic stage with some water pits added or a ring of water surrounding it... that would be so awesome. :bee:

And why did you remove Castle Siege? I love that stage.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
And Celadon City Gym should be Cerulean City gym... GO WATER POKEMON!!!

And if it could be a basic stage with some water pits added or a ring of water surrounding it... that would be so awesome. :bee:

And why did you remove Castle Siege? I love that stage.
I love that stage, too... *cries*

I'm just trying to make sure I don't go overboard with the stages. I'll stick Castle Siege back in.

I should probably come up with a list of songs for the new stages. Someone wanna help?

Spire

III
BRoomer
i dont know if this has been said yet, but, stage builder for ssb4
Because we've never had a stage builder before, right?

Actually, speaking of stage builder, here are a couple of new functions that are direly needed:

I. Layering. We need an ability to layer custom stages with a background, fore-background, stage (middleground), and foreground. Rather than being themed, we should be able to choose backgrounds within the actual stage builder, not beforehand.

The fore-background should be a layer between the stage and the background that serves as decoration and to add to the depth. When moving around the stage, this layer will move to adjust to the different elevations that you reach to create a real sense of actually "being there" unlike the actual background (which is just an image).

The foreground is basically a fore-background, but in front of the stage, created to enhance the depth. It could basically be used to extend blocks in the stage forward so that they seem to be "grounded" in a sense.

The stage itself should have many, many parts, including lava blocks, water pools, and many unique structures that are: a) stage-builder exclusive; b) relevant to different game series, and c) do not take up extra, empty blocks. Better even - a pen tool to draw forms and fill them with specific textures (stone, grass, brick, metal, etc, etc). It would adhere to a specific grid of course, and depending on the angles drawn, grabbing on to ledges would be a matter of creativity.

II. Unlockable parts: We need unlockable parts either found through collection (similar to trophies, but rarer), or through purchasing. Coins just build up over time, don't they? We only have the coin launcher to spend them on, so perhaps a shop where you could buy exclusive trophies, parts, stickers (hopefully they'll just be taken out altogether), and cd's could be included. It would give us such a better purpose for collecting coins.

Imagine being able to buy parts to form houses, streets, towers, trees, rocks, mushrooms, factories, tentacles, etc, etc. These parts could both be original, or from series like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc, etc. It would just be endless and would make the Stage Builder more than worthy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I should probably come up with a list of songs for the new stages. Someone wanna help?
Death Mountain Songs:
- Death Mountain (TP)
- Goron City (OoT)
- Fire Temple/Bolero of Fire Medley (OoT)
- Goron Mines (TP)
- Mountain Village/Snowhead Temple Medley (MM)
- Dodongo's Cavern (OoT)
- Pirate Fortress (MM)
- Kakariko Village Medley (OoT/TP)

Lost Woods Songs:

- Lost Woods/Sacred Grove Medley (OoT/TP)
- Faron Woods (TP)
- Lost Woods (ALttP)
- Kokiri Forest (OoT)
- Forest Haven/Inside Forest Haven/Forbidden Woods Medley (WW)
- Forest Temple/Minuet of Woods Medley (OoT)
- Southern Swamp (MM)
- Wind Temple (MM)

Hyrule Castle Songs:
- Hyrule Castle Medley (ALttP/TP)
- Hyrule Castle Town Medley (OoT/TP)
- Temple of Time (OoT)
- Ganon's Tower (OoT/WW)
- Ganondorf Battle (OoT)
- Light World Dungeon (ALttP)
- Ikana's Ancient Castle/Stone Tower Temple Medley (MM)
- Tower of the Gods (WW)

Great Bay Songs: (I would prefer a stage more iconic of Termina; a new stage at that - Clock Town or Stone Tower Temple I propose; we don't need to ocean-based Zelda stages)
- Great Bay (MM)
- Termina Field (MM)
- Down the Rapids (TP)
- Windfall Island/Outset Island Medley (WW)
- Town Medley (ALttP/LA)
- Potion Shop/Lakeside Laboratory (OoT)
- Gerudo Desert (TP)
- Ballad of the Wind Fish (LA/MM)

Phantom Road: Slim Line Slits Songs: (not too keen on Phantom Road, maybe a classic course like Sand Ocean, Red Canyon, or Fire Field would be more appropriate)
- DIZZY (Phantom Road)
- Osc-Sync Carnival (Lightning)
- ZEN (Aeropolis)
- 8 Guitars (Sand Ocean)
- One Ahead System (Cosmo Terminal)
- Feel Our Pain (Fire Field)
- Time For Kill (Story Mission #6)
- Emperor Breath (Story Mission #8)

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost.

EDIT 2: HAHA, 1000th POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom