• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Do you guys think a fair compromise for heavy and light characters is heavy characters being knocked/thrown less further with lower hit stun and light characters being knocked/thrown further with higher hit stun (medium characters finding a aesthetic balance between the two)?

I know the aspect of how far a character is knocked back depending on their weight is already an existing factor, but is the amount of hit stun each character faces different for each character? Or does everyone have random amounts of hit stun or the same hit stun in Brawl?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. That would defeat the purpose. Light characters need to fly away at low percents and heavy charaters need to take a while to be able to be defeated with a single attack.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Miis are an exception. Assuming they're still around for Ninty's next system...I'd actually like to see them in the game. Whether or not they have an original or custom moveset (I prefer the former), the prospect of actually being able to let yourself become a Smash Brother is ridiculously tempting...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Miis are an exception. Assuming they're still around for Ninty's next system...I'd actually like to see them in the game. Whether or not they have an original or custom moveset (I prefer the former), the prospect of actually being able to let yourself become a Smash Brother is ridiculously tempting...
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! But on the contrary, perhaps, but it sounds something like Create-A-Fighter, which doesn't sound that flattering-- but having our own Miis make an appearance period is nice.

Second thought, I would love to take perverted snapshots of my Mii doing dirty things to characters. First thing I'm doing is creating a Pedo Bear Mii and ****** Lucas with it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Negative.

Voices. TOO. ANNOYING!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
2009 is finally over, and a lot of great games have come out during the time. Batman, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Modern Warfare 2 are probably the games that are most often called game of the year, but frankly, I have to agree with the majority.

Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are automatically ruled out in my book because it's the same game every time you play it. They're both absolutely structured, and though they both have fantastic multiplayer, single player still counts - and counts more for me - and I just won't be able to enjoy the single player modes of those games for a pretty long while because it'll be the same thing I just beat two months ago.

Arkham Asylum was really an almost flawless game. The only thing that I could really say that was truly wrong with it is that it was far too easy. I played through the game on Hard, and I rarely died. It missed the element of satisfaction, and rewarded us with cut scenes (I could go on and on about how bad of a way that is to reward players, but that's not what this blog is for), rather than the triumphant feeling of conquering something that actually takes competence to conquer.

As for Assassin's Creed, well, I haven't played it. Sorry to anyone who puts any weight on my opinions on games.

Now then, what's the point of me taking the top four game of the year contenders and telling you what's wrong with them (sans AC2, of course)? Because none of them are the Game of the Year. Demon's Souls is.

Yes, that game that has a reputation for being niche and absolutely brutal. That game that has a story that is told pretty much entirely by the opening and ending cutscene. That game that puts complete focus onto what makes an amazing game amazing: gameplay.

Demon's Souls has a complex and deep combat system, with pretty much every weapon getting its own animations. Tons of spells and 'miracles' (support spells) are thrown in to make a nicely varied magic system. The circle button allows you to jump back and roll, the direction buttons changing between weapons, items, and magic. The triangle button switches between one-handed and two-handed weapon weilding which has a huge effect on the way you play the game. You can sheild, riposte, and then riposte counter for a massively damaging attack. You starting to see where I'm going with this? I didn't even go into how certain weapons affect your character with element effects, healing effects, and tons of other stuff like that. This game is deep.

Unlike most RPGs, I never found myself having to grind, never for level ups - though there was one time near the end of the game where I found myself having to grind for souls to buy items (this is a completely unrelated thought to this paragraph that I had while I was re-reading this before posting, but you buy your stat increases with the same currency - called souls - as you do items and weapons. How cool is that!). The real experience in this game is found by figuring out each enemies' weakpoint, studying their patterns and figuring out when and how they are weak. This is a game where even the weakest enemy in the level can kill you and force you to start over. It's a great break from wave and wave of generic repetitive enemies in Uncharted, only to get killed by a single sniper bullet while you're still at full health. I actually felt like I deserved to die in this game, because when I did die, it was because I was being stupid. This is the first game in ages that didn't leave me shaking my head saying "no" every time I died because I didn't think I should've died. Instead, I nodded my head and said "Alright. So that's exactly how I DON'T beat that part."

And obviously, the game is tough. Finally a game that gets that I don't want to be told "Press A to dodge the Dragon's breath!", only to find that dodging said Dragon's breath requires near perfect timing. No, this is a game that says "Here's the dragon, good luck!" and is never cheap about me getting past the dragon. It takes skill to figure out how to get past the dragon, and skill to actually execute getting past the dragon, but never once in the game did I feel that it was being cheap. It's too hard for a lot of people. There are plenty of people that come to me for game recommendations that will never even hear about this game because they would give up after an hour. It's tough, but it's like MegaMan. It's cruel, unforgiving, and just doesn't like your face, but it is possible and actually becomes somewhat easy after you figure out what to do.

Now then, this game does innovate in one major way. It networks all the players playing on one of the game's servers, not by putting them all into a world and making it an MMO, but by allowing other players to leave messages for each other. Yup, messages on the ground. These can be used to help or harm, and are thus inherently either cooperative or competitive. You get rewarded for leaving good messages via a recommendation system (though that's not to say that some equally evil people will recommend the incorrect messages). This is where the true brilliance of the game's design shines, because the developers built the game wanting the players build and learn off of each other. You'll find warnings of hidden enemies that will jump out and kill you right by the corner that they jump out from, so you have time to prepare yourself and expect it. The developers of Demon's Souls took a page from the internet and let players help each other right there in-game.

Even more about the online is that yes, it does allow you to play with others. However, you can either put up a so-called 'Soul Sign' which is a blue marking on the ground that allows players to connect to each other's games and play through a level co-op style, or you can become a black phantom and invade a living players world to fight them, in an attempt to gain your body back (to the uninitiated, this pretty much means a full health meter. Yes, you know a game isn't ****ing around when it withholds your complete health bar until you either beat a boss or kill off a fellow player, only for you to lose half of it again the next time you die). You literally don't have a choice. You will get invaded by other players and quite possibly die.

I could go on. I could say how each playthrough isn't quite the same because the way you tackle each level depends on if you're a straight melee kind of guy, a magic/melee mix, a bow user, a mage, a priest, or any combination thereof. You can't even get every spell, weapon, armor, or really any collectable in the game without going through multiple playthroughs of the game. The New Game+ of Demon's Souls is even harder than going through the game the first time around. Yet, it's still incredibly fun.

The game also has this unique world and character tendency dynamic which not only effects which areas you can go through in levels, but what NPCs you encounter, or what items you can find. It really is a unique and fun way of creating and encouraging replayability, something that nearly every JRP I've played has lacked.

To sum it up, Demon's Souls is the game we'll be talking about ten years from now. Modern Warfare 2 was great, but has it truly revolutionized the FPS genre? I'd argue that it's de-evolutionized the genre, by taking away dedicated servers from the PC gamers. Batman? Well, I guess it got that stealth/action mix down just right, which is a first. But that's not really a revolution. It's more like getting something right that's been around for a really long time. Uncharted 2? Yeah, that revolutionized storytelling in games, not the actual games. And from what I've heard, Assassin's Creed 2 is a mix of UC2 and Demon's Souls, being a mix of story and gameplay, but never really pushing either forward, rather just doing both extremely well. Demon's Souls innovative and new online component, coupled with some of the hardest gameplay in years that absolutely refuses to hold the player's hand - something that modern games do far too much - becomes a truly unique and fun experience that really will change the course of gaming, despite not having the mainstream appeal of any of the games you'll most likely hear being called Game of the Year.

Demon's Souls is more fun, innovative, and doesn't involve the phrase "Person Shooter" somewhere in the name of its genre. I'd recommend to anybody reading this (I don't think many casuals are going to be coming to SWF anyway) to buy Demon's Souls if they have a PS3. This is the game that we will be talking about ten years from now. Not Batman, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, or the super-seller Modern Warfare 2. We will be talking about Demon's Souls.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't think you know what you're talking about. FF and FE are different genres, you're comparing apples and oranges there.

And while the series isn't particularly life-changing, the games are very, very good tactical RPGs, with very well-written (if slightly generic) scripts and good characterization.

Marth and Ike are the two most prominent Lords in the series, so doing that would be like cutting Mario and Luigi in exchange for Toad and Waluigi.

yea, at first, I too also used to confuse Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem. (go figure)

anyway, speaking of FE, Path of Radiance PWNS!, I barely started playing it last week and I have to say it's one of the best strategy games i've played in a while, so far Chapter 8 was a bit challenging without having anybody dying on me.

This may sound weird, but since you recommended this game to me, when I start it up at the title screen I always remember "Chief Mendez"

but yea I do have to agree with you, taking out Ike and Marth is like taking Link and Zelda out and replacing them with Midna and Tingle which btw, would not look pretty. NO TINGLE EVER.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would certainly eliminate any complaints of OMG KIRBY (or whoever) BIAS in the adventure mode plot.
An original character is bad idea, IMO. Look how poorly received Tabuu and the others were received. If any character should get the bias, it should be Mario.

OmegaXXII

An original character is bad idea, IMO. Look how poorly received Tabuu and the others were received. If any character should get the bias, it should be Mario.
not to mention how Giga Bowser was received in Melee, even if he wasn't normally playable, anyway this idea would be bad in general even for Mario, but I guess an Evil Mario wouldn't hurt anyone. **Metal Mario?**

smashbot226

Smash Master
Why Mario? And we could always just get somebody else on the Character Roster Ideas for OC's.

I've got a couple myself...

But that's not the point. Why would MARIO get the bias?

And yes, Sakurai gave ALL of his characters considerable bias, not matter what you believe.

Kirby- You could call him THE main protagonist, if there weren't Mario, Link, etc.

Dedede- Gee, it turns out HE'S the sole reason the heroes lost.

Meta Knight- Probably the character with the most levels that you GET to play as in all of SSE.

D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem sucks. It was Japan-only for a reason, and while the series is getting some popularity now, everybody knows Final Fantasy is the better series. I dislike RPG's in general anyway, so I'm a tad biased.
This comment has made me lose fate in humanity.

I agree with this statement.

Plus i'm trying to avoid this post from being spam

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mario gets enough exposure :ohwell:

Samus for main character

...Miis have voices?
In Mario Kart Wii they do.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GO GO!!!!

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i got a good one.....NO CLONES!!!

no one with the same FS.

i hate sonic but i think one sonic character will be alright.

waluigi for a playable character.

better stage builder.

wat about geno?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

COMPUTER VIRUS

The Computer Virus Boss from Kirby Super Star Ultra has hacked its way into Brawl! Featuring a wide array of different playstyles and a total of five movesets, he is a highly diverse character. From a Slime who only has six attacks to a fierce Great Dragon. Being a very tricky character to use (you're nearly useless for your first 40%), but a very worthwhile character to master, Computer Virus is the ultimate counter character - his forced diversity would give him nearly all neutral match-ups.

Computer Virus has a very unique switching mechanic. You cannot choose when to switch, as you will no matter what switch to the next moveset once you reach a certain percentage. Once you reach the percent, you must make it onto the stage (as in standing on a platform or main stage - not holding onto the ledge or in the air) and be able to control your character. If these conditions are met, you will switch to the next moveset. Once you land on the stage and are at the certain percent, the current character will disappear and a dialouge box, like the one seen in Kirby Super Star Ultra, will appear just above the center of the stage, with the next character coming out, with invincibility frames.

The percentages are:

• Slime - 0%-20%
  • Puppet - 21%-40%
  • Magician - 41%-70%
  • Evil Knight - 71%-100%
  • Dragon - 100%+

These character swaps can only be avoided through hacking.

The beginning stage of Computer Virus. A generally useless blob of slime that's only redemption is that it disappears after 20% damage. You'll have to be a skilled player to even have you and your opponent remain around the same percentage with this thing. Try to land the neutral air for massive damage!

Yes, this guy is a purposefully bad character. But he was also an incredibly easy boss in his game, so it is forgivable. Make do with what you were given -- the very, very few tools that you were given. Do your best to make the best of Slime's weaknesses.

Stats

Power
- 20/100: A blob of green stuff is not only unlikely to be weak, but expected to be.
Walk - 40/100: Slime oozes along the ground, just a tad bit below the average walk.
Run - 60/100: Opposite to it's mediocre walk, Slime's run is slightly above average.
Size- 20/100: Slime is small. And I mean small. His size is a bit smaller than Pikachu.
Weight - 30/100: Easy to knock around. Luckily, you shouldn't be dying from any attack at 20%, so all this does is prevent Slime from being comboed easily.
Range - 40/100: Most attacks have average range. Not much to say here.
Jump 1 - 55/100: Not much to say here other than this being around the average.
Jump 2 - 60/100: Once again, average jump.
Traction - 100/100: Being a gelatinous mass of... something... stickiness is expected. Slime can turn immediately, and does not have to worry about traction.
Attack Speed - 50/100: Average.
Priority - 50/100: Average.

Animations

Standing: Slime stays still, with the occasional bubble coming up out of his head.

Walking: Slime leans forward a very slight bit and forces his body along. It causes a very small slime trail on the ground, which is purely aesthetic.

Running: Slime leans forward a lot and slides along the ground. A longer slime trail is left than when Slime walks.

First Jump: Slime squishes his body downwards and then pops back up.

Second Jump The same as the first, though Slime pulls a 360 degree spin in the air during the jump.

Shield: Slime protects itself! He squishes down in the middle a bit, causing his left and right sections to be pushed up a bit. Slime's body also flashes white, instead of obtaining the normal shield that most characters get. The longer you hold the shield, the faster it blinks white and the more red-tinted it becomes.

Moveset

Neutral Combo - 3% per bubble - Slime shoots out a constant stream of slime bubbles in front of it. They start out traveling fast, but they get slower. As they get slower, they increase in size. Starting at about the size of a motion-sensor bomb, they can get to about the size of Lucario's fully charged aura sphere at 20%. The move travels about 1/4 of FDs length.

Little start-up lag, below average cool down lag. Low priority.

Up Tilt – 6% - Slime splits in half. The upper portion jumps upwards to slam into the opponent. It will remain there for a little while, shaking around in the air, and then come back down soon after. Little lag on both ends. Low priority.

Forward Smash - 12% uncharged, 16% fully charged - The top of Slime’s body jumps forward, away from the bottom half. It travels about as far as Wolf’s Forward Smash does, landing on the ground in front of him. Repeatedly using this move will cause the two halves of Slime to leapfrog over each other, every time moving the same distance and dealing the same amount of damage. There is very little lag between the jumps if you continue like this. As soon as you finish, there is a fair amount of lag as Slime pulls his back half into his front half. If you keep going such that your back half leapfrogs over a ledge, the half still on the ledge will stretch out and grab the half going over, pulling it back and causing even more lag than a manual cancel would.

High priority, kills at 120%.

Neutral Air - 5 hits, 3% each - Slime curls his top half over and connects with his bottom half, forming a circle. Slime forms small barbs on the edges of this circle, making it a saw-blade. Though the range is poor, it is hard to DI out of and does a fair bit of damage -- if you land every hit, about 15%! That's pretty good, especially considering the character that we're talking about here.

Spam this attack as it has slightly above average priority and it's nearly lagless on both ends. Highly reminiscent of MK's Neutral Air. Kills at 140%.

Up Special - 9% - Slime pauses where he is, and begins to stretch himself out. If he’s in the air, he’ll fall very slowly while using this move. As he stretches, you can tilt the control stick to twist and turn him, affecting his path like you would a PK Thunder. He can reach a maximum distance comparable to the distance Marth’s Up Special travels, which takes him a total of about a second. If, at any time during this stretching, he connects with something solid (whether it be a part of the stage, another player, a crate, etc.), he will pull the rest of himself there. He pulls himself slowly if he’s fully stretched out, and gains speed as he comes closer to his natural shape. If he’s in the air after using this move, he enters a helpless state. Latching onto an opponent with this will make them move slightly slower than normal until Slime reaches them, at which point he will automatically footstool jump off of them, restoring his recovery and keeping him from entering a helpless state.

Average starting and ending lag. Transcended priority.

Down Special - 15% uncharged, 22% fully charged - Slime's down special causes him to explode. The more you charge it, the larger the explosion. When you use this attack, flying green blobs will be flying everywhere. The bubbles are fairly small, about ¾ the size of Mario’s fireballs. You can charge the move, and the charging animation is Slime slowly crouching down and shaking. The move will auto-release once fully charged. Slime has to reform after using the attack. However, Slime will be stuck on the ground with only his eyes and a small amount of green ooze surrounding it (in the air, he is in a similar state of being a small green blob with eyes, just he's not stuck to the ground), which his opponent can attack! If Slime is hit, he will automatically reform, but will still recieve the damage and knockback. The move can either have good knockback, or minimal knockback depending on where the opponent is. If they opponent is right next to slime (the distance it takes for Luigi to sweetspot his FJP) then the opponent will receive good knockback, and all the damage. If not, the opponent will be barraged by the slime that comes flying, taking a lot of damage. Uncharged, the blobs will fly 1/3rd of FD’s length, but fully charged they travel 3/4th. A large amount of lag after using it.

High start-up and incredibly high ending lag. Kills at 120% uncharged and 100% fully charged. Blast directly next to Slime has high priority. The blobs that come flying off have low priority.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Swollen Slime
Slime swells up to look much, much taller (about the height of Ganondorf). A red cloud appears over his head as he trembles slightly…clearly he’s trying to look intimidating…but is he succeeding…?

Side Taunt: Slime Man
Slime breaks into three chunks and then proceeds to stack himself into a snowman. He then rocks slightly and tumbles over, reforming himself into one solid mass.

Down Taunt: Stat Checker
A health bar appears behind Slime who turns to check it, the reaction he displays depends on how much HP he has left before changing into the next form of Computer Virus.

100% Health: Upon checking, Slime turns to the camera and bounces joyfully! It’s good to be alive!

50% Health: Slime’s slightly discouraged, he sinks down into a puddle of goo before reforming himself.

25% or less: Slime shivers as it appears to cry, poor Slime…

The second stage of Computer Virus, this is probably what would be seen as the least memorable of the five. Coming in after the pathetically weak Slime, and just before the three main-movesets, Puppet won't make that much of an impression to your average player. However, he can be useful, and his killing potential (which actually isn't terribly atrocious) can be put to good use.

He also has a few moves decent for damage racking. Overall, Puppet is still bad. Does it matter? No. He's supposed to be.

Stats

Power
- 50/100: Though not quite as pathetic as Slime, Puppet isn't a stand-out in this category either.
Walk - 50/100: Average. Nothing special, whether that would be for better or for worse.
Run - 65/100: Surprisingly good! Still nothing to take note of, though.
Size- 50/100: Puppet comes in at Mario's size.
Weight - 45/100: Not the heaviest character around, Puppet's weight is slightly below the average.
Range - 40/100: Most attacks have average range. Not much to say here.
Jump 1 - 60/100: Not much to say here other than this being around the average.
Traction - 40/100: Being a Puppet, things could get a little bit hard to control during the heat of battle. He has a noticeable slide when turning around.
Attack Speed - 50/100: Average.
Priority - 50/100: Average.

Animations

Standing: Puppet moves his arms about occasionally, never really doing much.

Walking: Puppet awkwardly moves his legs back and forth. An occasional arm movement may happen as well.

Running: Puppet's movement becomes frantic, as his legs move quicker, and his arms seem to be pumping.

First Jump: Puppet bends his legs so far he almost sits on the ground and then jumps back up.

Second Jump: Puppet flips in mid-air, giving him an extra boost.

Shield: Puppet ducks his head and brings his arms up over it, forming an X. His kneeds are slightly bent.

Moveset

Neutral Combo – 1% per hit – Puppet is having his strings pulled indiscriminately! His whole body starts to convulse in place, hitting much like Meta-Knight’s neutral combo, though it stops the moment you let go of A. There’s no way to describe how Puppet looks during this attack – his limbs are flying everywhere! Just imagine him having a seizure – that’s a good description of this move.

Up Smash – 16% uncharged, 24% fully charged (strong hitbox), 5% uncharged, 8% fully charged (weak hitbox – Puppet disconnects his right arm and swings it up in an arc, holding the string. It starts off going at a slight angle to the right, going out as far as one Bowser's width away from Puppet. It soon curves from there to reach its’ highest peak point right above Puppet which is equivalent to the height of two Ganondorf's stacked on top of each other. When coming back down behind Puppet, it will reach the width of one Bowser's length behind him. This attack goes incredibly fast, despite the range, taking only about half a second to complete. While this may seem broken initially, you will soon note that the strings cause minimal knockback and low damage. This means that nearly the entire hitbox for the attack is weak, and if you hit with the weak hitbox, it pretty much guarantees that the opponent gets a free hit on you.

However, hitting with the actual string box causes high damage and knockback. In fact, in kills at 115% uncharged with the strong hitbox! High priority, low start-up lag but really high ending lag.

Forward Smash – 16% uncharged, 23% fully charged – Puppet moves his hands behind his back and grabs all the strings connected to his body. He then swings them towards the ground, bending his body over. This causes the String Box to come flying towards the ground. This causes great knockback -- Killing at 120%, though it has above average start-up lag and high ending lag. Hits starting the width of Mario away and stretches out to end up having a hitbox the width of Bowser. Unlike the Up Smash, however, this attack has one hitbox that encompasses both the strings and the string box. High priority.

Down Smash – 10% uncharged, 14% charged – Puppet reaches behind himself and grabs a handful of his own strings. While charging, Puppet begins to shake and glance around a bit. Once the move is released, Puppet throws his strings to both sides of him at leg level. If a foe is hit with the strings, they instantly wrap around their legs, stopping their movement in place. Puppet then cackles and pulls the strings towards him, yanking the opponent to the ground, making them enter their "tripped" animation instantly. This however doesn’t come without its drawbacks, if the attack misses, Puppet will pull both strings towards him and end up tangled up in his own strings! Wriggling the control stick will break you free of the strings faster, but it usually takes about half a second to a full second to break free. This attack his no knockback but rather trips opponents, leaving them vulnerable to a smash attack (10% uncharged, 14% charged).

Down Tilt – 6% – Puppet reaches across his chest with his right arm, and pulls his left arm out of it's socket. He then proceeds to slam his right hand on the ground, with the left hand giving it extra range (about the width of two Ivysaur's standing right next to each other). However, the attack deals little damage and gives very little knockback - it wouldn't even kill at 300%! On the plus side, it has next to no lag on either end and average priority (which is surprisingly good for a move so weak).

Neutral Aerial – 10% – Puppet reaches up with his right hand and grabs at the strings right below his string box. He then lifts up his left hand and helps carry the string box down right in front of his chest. He then spins around once in the air, going at the speed of Mario's back air. It should be noted that the string box is kept directly in front of Puppet, so the attack will only hit a Mario's width in front and behind him. This is quick, though the damage is a bit lacking at it only has mediocre knockback (killing at around 150%). Decent spacer, and definitely spamable. Low start-up and ending lag. Average priority.

Up Special – 1% per regular hit (5 hits total), 4% final hit – Puppet reaches up with his right hand and vigorously swings his string box. He’s really going hard! It takes him about five repititions until he’s spent, and it get’s better vertical height than horizontal -- actually, it’s the opposite of DK’s swinging attack! If an opponent hits it, they get stuck on it, and are forced to hold on with their hands. With a shout from Puppet, the attack will end, and the opponent will be send flying the direction that Puppet is facing.

Puppet can either shoot towards or away the stage, as this spikes the opponent pretty hard if they hit the stage. On-stage, Puppet once again vigorously pumps the string box rapidly, and any opponent that gets hit by it grabs it with their hands. Average start-up and ending lag. The strings and string box have transcended priority, but if you hit Puppet himself, then that’s a free hit for you.

Down Special – Puppet collapses, lying in a random pile of pieces on the ground. He will stay like this for two seconds undisturbed, but if he is hit by a projectile he takes the damage and knockback from it. However, if the opponent uses a close ranged attack and it hits Puppet, Puppet will suddenly jump up and encapsulate the opponent! Soon after, Puppet will release the opponent, but the opponent now has… a string box? The opponent’s controls are now completely messed up – it’s entirely a guess what button does what! The jump buttons could now be A and B, the c-stick could now be set to throws, and the shield buttons could make you do specials! This isn’t to mention the control stick which is now entirely mixed up as well.

Of course, this can’t last forever. The opponent will remain in this state for one and half seconds. It is up to you to capitalize on this. The move starts with Puppet reaching down and taking off his leg… and then his whole body collapses. It has average starting lag because of this, but at the ending, Puppet will just jump back up and form back to normal relatively quickly!

This attack also does no damage, but if you do your job right, getting damage because of this shouldn’t be a worry.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Puppet Jig
Puppet does a merry little jig. How pleasant, no?

Side Taunt: Mini-Puppet
Puppet…pulls out a puppet? What madness is this? How could a puppet be a puppet master? Eh, regardless, Puppet pulls the strings on the smaller puppet for a while before putting it away…very odd…

A health bar appears behind Puppet who turns to check it, the reaction he displays depends on how much HP he has left before changing into the next form of Computer Virus.

100% Health: Puppet checks only to reveal he’s in tip-top shape! Joy! He’s so happy, he does a little dance!

50% Health: Starting to get worried a bit, Puppet sweats slightly and wipes his brow with his arm. Wait a second…he’s made of wood! Wait another second…he’s a computer file! Bah!

25% or less: Puppet’s afraid now, he realizes he’s only a few moments away from being scrapped for lumber! He’s legs give out…literally falling off his body as he quickly reattaches them.

Essentially, what you need to know about this guy is that he's a distance fighter. By now you're gone through Slime, Puppet, and 40% -- chances are only Puppet was kind to you. So, now it's time for you to turn the table's on your opponent in the hope that you can land some damage on them. Of course, it should be noted that Magician has nearly-zero kill power. It should noted that during this phase of the Computer Virus, you are not aiming to kill, you are aiming to damage. Not to say that you can't kill -- it's just very hard to.

He also is rather light, so this means that before he is transformed into the next transformation, he is still in danger of being killed because of knockback. Though you will be exempted from this... you don't want to get in close either. You want to be sure to try and keep your range when you use Magician.

However, the little guy does come with a few restrictions. We obviously can't have a character that has so many ranged attacks that he would quite literally become an impenetrable fortress. To prevent this from happening with Magician, he is only allowed to have four energy based attacks out at once. This means that every attack where he summons some form of energy (usually a blue ball) goes up to a counter, and once you have four out, Magician simply cannot summon anymore. He literally just will not go through the animation for whatever attack you tried to use. All attacks except for the up special, side special, neutral combo, dash attack, up smash, and back air count towards this counter.

To sum it up, you should be focusing on damaging with Magician -- not killing.

Stats

Power
- 20/100: Magician's spells may have range, but they definitely don't hurt to much.
Walk - 80/100: Pretty quick walk! One of the better ones in the game.
Run - 70/100: He's a speedy little fellow. A bit faster than his chubby appearance lets on to.
Height - 40/100: He comes in at around Mario's height.
Weight - 40/100: While he may have a girth, he's still not the tallest guy around.
Range - 90/100: Long reaching spells can spell trouble for your opponent
Jump 1 - 60/100: And... he jumps? Not much to say here other than this being around the average.
Traction - 40/100: While he may not slide halfway across the stage like Luigi, he can't exactly turn on the dime either.
Attack Speed - 65/100: For the most part quick, low-lag magic attacks.
Priority - 40/100: Not bad for somebody with a moveset consisting of nearly entirely projectiles.

Animations

Standing: Magician stands there, raising his left hand up to the side of his head, gripping his staff. His right hand is also brought up to the side of his head, but has nothing to hold. He stands there, eyes wide and his mouth open. He occasionally reaches with his right hand to scratch his neck. He is holding the cane about three quarters of the way to the top.

Walking: Magician lightly bounds on the tips of his toes, using both hands to hold his robe up. Be careful, though -- he might drop his staff by accident!

Running: Magician grips his robe in his right hand and pounds his little feet as hard as he can. His left hand is swung up behind his body, being jerked up and down by his running motion. I'm surprised he hasn't hit himself with the staff yet!

First Jump: Did... did he just stumble a bit? Magician almost falls over, but then springs himself into the air using his right hand and his feet. Despite what this may sound like, it's still just as fast as any other jump. In the air, he has his arms brought up above his hand, his crane tilted slightly upwards. His eyes are still wide and his mouth is still open.

Second Jump Magician does a flip and then returns to the aerial animation for his first jump.

Shield: Magician casts a guard spell! He brings his left arm in front of him and tilts his staff forwards. His right arm is brought behind him. His whole body starts to flash white. The longer you hold the shield, the faster Magician will flash and the more red-tinted the white flashes will become. It acts the same as the regular shield, but it just has a different animation.

Specials

Star Shot - Neutral Special - 6% - Magician extends his left arm completely, holding his staff out in front of him. From here, you can press up and down to angle the staff, which can be angled nearly completely upward and downward, or press the opposite direction to turn Magician around.

Once you release B Magician shoots out a star in the direction you aimed it, going at a fast speed (Falco's Blaster). It will bounce off of any wall, stage, platform (though these must be hit on top, as the stars will go through the platform through the bottom), or opponent they hit. They cause low knockback, but if you angle it right, you could potentially lock your opponent by continually bouncing a star onto them using a wall.

The star stays out for three seconds, which is pretty good, and has decent priority. KOs at 200%.

Cloning- Up Special - 5% Magician, 3% Clone - This attack works much like Pikachu's Quick Attack. Magician will bend his hands and feet into his body, making a cannonball-esque pose (or at least the closest to the pose that his short body can handle!), and teleport the distance that Pikachu will transport with his Quick Attack in the direction you hold. You can also teleport a second time, much like Pikachu. After you teleport to one place, Magician will quickly swing his limbs back out, hitting the opponent for 5% damage. If you choose to teleport a second time, Magician will quickly go back into the cannonball pose.

Of course, it would be pretty lame for a character so unlike Pikachu to have a move that's so much like Pikachu! This is why whenever Magician teleports to one place, he leaves behind a clone in the exact location that he teleported from. So, he has a chance to leave up to two clones per teleport. These clones will remain in the place that they were originally spawned.

From here, you can do one of two things. You can either press down-B to cause the clones to come flying towards Magician, hitting anybody in their way for 5%. They will disappear once they touch Magician.

The other, which is important to Magician's spacing game, is that he can press up-B again to warp to the place of one of the clones! To chose one of the clones, you press 'A' immediately after up-B to go to the first clone. You press 'B' immediately after up-B to go to the second clone. However, you must be on the stage or a platform (as in standing on) to be able to warp. You do not go into helpless for using this, but make sure to abuse this technique, as this can not only get you out of tough situations, but it can also help you get away from your opponent to spam your most powerful long-distance spells to help with damaging.

Though, the clones will only be generated if you use the move while standing on a platform. If you're using this for recovery purposes, no clones will be made. However, if you have clones generated and in waiting, you can still command them to come to you or teleport onto them, even if you are in the air. Don't count on it though, because the clones disappear if they're not used for 5 seconds.

Essentially, you want to leave clones near key points on the stage so that you can have immediate access to these areas.

The actual recovery aspect of this move has similar lag and speed to Pikachu's quick attack. The teleportation has slightly above average lag. Summoning the clones has next to no lag. Getting hit by Magician or the clones only sends you into a knockback state -- this cannot actually kill.

Levitation - Side Special - 5% - Magician tilts the staff forward, holding is about 3/4 the way down. This gives the move sub-par range, but still nothing terrible. If the opponent is hit by the attack, Magician closes his eyes and will keep his staff in the same place. He is... holding the opponent there? Standing still?

During this time, you can move your opponent around at your own will! Simply move the control stick in the direction that you wish for your opponent to go. This attack lasts either five seconds or your opponent can escape early by mashing buttons -- though it becomes harder to escape as you rack up the percentage points! At 10% you could probably get out in half a second, but once you get to 100%, you should be averaging about two seconds.

This move has obvious uses. Such as, the opponent has super armor while under the effects of this attack. Magician could just move the opponent away from him and let his doubles partner spam and damage the opponent to his hearts content! When the opponent escapes from this move, it is much like a grab release -- though despite being sent across the ground or upwards, the opponent is sent in a similar arc as the aerial grab release, except that he goes downwards!

Obviously, this attack has good gimp potential. However, though it has low starting lag, it has above-average ending lag. If you miss this move, you could be in trouble!

Perimeter - Down Special - Magician's face turns serious and he tilts his head slightly upwards. Gripping the staff in the middle with both hands, he holds it up, so that it is above his head. Suddenly, he slams the bottom of the staff onto the ground, causing a shockwave across the area surrounding magician. This area now has a slight purple haze surrounding it.

When Magician is either inside of above this area, his attacks do 20% more knockback, but do 50% less damage. This attack is the trade-off to save Magician from having absolutely terrible kill power at all times. However, it should not be forgotten that you will probably never have to kill with Magician, as you will probably have been moved to Evil Knight due to your percentage by the time your opponent is in kill range.

This move is chargeable, but it is an auto-release. It has absolutely terrible lag (takes about 2 seconds to release), and even at full charge, only covers about 1/4 of Final Destination. It's a major trade-off for such a small area, but if will only fortify Magician's defensive options.

Standards

Staff Lock - Neutral Combo - 3% initial, 1% per fire hit, 12% thunder ball hit, 3% ice shard, 5% ground - Magician swings the staff forward onto his opponent and brings his right arm backwards. Pretty basic, right? Wrong. After doing a measly 3% damage after this initial hit, Magician now has the opponent latched onto the staff via magic. While it functions like a grab, you have no pummel and this attack is extremely easy to break out of. Chances are, you won't be able to do any actual throwing with this move until your opponent is at at least 30%.

So, what exactly can you do once your opponent is latched on, exactly? Well you can throw your opponent in any of the four directions. Each throw has there own effects on the character, and allows you to follow up in different ways. They are as follows:

• Upwards
    - Magician flicks the opponent upwards, about one Ganondorf height's above Magician. And... what is this? Magician points his staff forward and starts shooting out fire? If you can predict your opponent correctly, you can land about ten hits with the fire before the attack stops after one and a half seconds or when the opponent escapes from the firey blitz. This will equate to 13% total damage from a standard combo. You control the fire by holding left or right on the control stick. The most it can turn to either direction is about forty five degrees from the starting point, which is perpendicular to the stage below it. During this, Magician merely holds the staff up as far as he can -- which isn't very much due to his short arm length. Poor guy.

• Forwards
    - Magician throws the opponent about two Battlefield platforms forward and chases him with a ball of electricity, about the size of a soccer ball. It is slow moving, though highly easy to maneuver. The ball will last two seconds -- during which time Magician has super armor (meaning he cannot take knockback, but will still take damage). Magician has his left arm fully outstretch, also having the staff extended out to it's farthest reach. His right hand is swung up behind him.

If Magician does land this attack, he has landed one of his few good kill moves. This move has surprisingly high knockback, killing at around 100% if it lands. Don't count on it, though.

• Backwards
    - A quick swing behind Magician and the opponent is sent about two Battlefield platforms away. Magician immediately sends a small, fast-moving Ice Shard after the opponent. It homes in on the target, and can turn surprisingly well. If the Ice Shard does hit your opponent, they are sent into the frozen state for about half a second until automatically breaking free.

• Downwards
    - Magician tilts his staff downwards and the opponent is send colliding into the ground. The ground moves up and around the opponent and gives one good squeeze -- then the opponent is sent flying upwards, with a slight sideways influence.

Essentially, this move may not have the possiblity to damage like the fire, or get in a good kill like the ice or thunder, but it is easy damage -- some that your opponent can't DI out of! Has low knockback, only killing at absurd percentages like 200%, so don't count on this as a killer.

The attack is pretty low priority, so you can easily hit through it if you manage to predict it. The range is low (Magician is holding his staff at the same height as in his standing animation -- 3/4 of the way up the staff), so this isn't easy to hit with... but if you manage to land it, you get rewarded very well.

Teleport - Dash Attack - 3% damage - Magician disappears and then reappears about three Battlefield platforms in front of him, but facing the opposite direction that he initially was facing. He then swings down with his staff, and if it connects it hits for 3% damage. While he's swinging the staff, his right arm is brought up, and his left arm is extended, but it has pretty poor range. The priority is very low.

Thought, this move is incredibly fast. It only has a very slight touch of ending lag. Magician teleports the moment you press A and nearly instantaneously appears at his intended destination. So, this is a very useful moving tool, but if your opponent predicts it they could land a free attack on you.

Really, the only downside to this move is that it only does 3%.

Tilts

Dove - Upward Tilt - 7% - Magician pulls off his hat with his left hand and a dove immediately flies out! Quickly putting his hat back on after the dove gets out of the hat, a dove is released into the sky! The Dove will travel about half of Final Destination's length upwards before disappearing.

This attack has extremely little knockback, not even killing at 999%. More than anything, this move is an approach killer. All this move is is damage. Don't worry about the killing, as Magician has other moves for that. Just focus on using this move for a free 7%.

Slightly below average start-up lag, low ending lag.

Ice Shard - Forward Tilt - 5% - Magician shoots out a small ice shard. He takes a small step forward with his left foot and then swings his staff in a full swipe in front of him. This move is very interesting in the sense that it can cause two very different effects.

The first effect is caused by the staff. Magician grips the staff at the length he does in his standing animation... which is not very high up at all. This gives the staff hit incredibly poor range. Of course, hitting this is rewarded with an insta-freeze of the opponent, causing them to enter the frozen state. This is fairly easy to get out of, lasting two seconds if you don't mash buttons, but only about one if you do, but it's pretty easy damage, especially considering the low lag of this attack. You can get a few extra percents in easy with this. The staff has average priority.

The seconds hitbox comes from the actual ice shard. This is fast and it homes in on the opponent very well. Of course, it has incredibly low priority. This move should be used as more of a distraction rather than a serious attack. Of course, if you do hit with this, it puts the opponent in a slow timer state for a full two seconds. Not to shabby, I'd say. The Ice Shard travels about as far as the length of half of Final Destination, counting movement in all directions.

Good speed, about the same as Falco's Blaster.

Energy Illusion - Downward Tilt - 6% - Magician raises his left hand and shoots out a ball of blue energy the size of Luigi's fireball and the same speed of Luigi's Fireball. So then, what is it? Certainly not a clone of Luigi's fireball!

You see, the energy ball doesn't automatically hit your opponent if you run into it. When you use this attack, the hitbox is behind Magician, relative to the same place where the visible energy ball in front of Magician is. Of course, having the move like this would be pretty useless, wouldn't it?

That's why if you press the A button a second time immediately after you initiate the attack, the energy ball will become the hitbox. It's essentially a guessing game for the opponent -- do they try to punish the lag or do they wait it out?

Ending lag is slightly lower than Luigi's fireball (which is surprisingly laggy). Start-up lag, priority, and knockback is exactly the same as Luigi's fireball.

Smashes

Homing Shots - Forward Smash - 10% regular, 14% charged - Magician leans forward slightly and then swipes his staff in front of him. When the staff is right in front of him, he shoots out three bullets -- all of them light blue. They go at a medium pace (about the speed of Wolf's Blaster), so that they are not impossible to dodge, but also aren't too easy to dodge. Essentially, these bullets very loosely home in on the target -- it's very easy to throw them off track, but they will slightly curve after you.

Essentially, it's a decent spacing tool as the bullets travel about half of Final Destination's length before disappearing. It can also be used for edge guarding, but a fast fall can throw the bullets off easily. If you do land one at higher percents, its a KO. Chances are that if one hits, the sudden change in direction will cause the others to miss entirely, so you don't have to worry about taking 30% damage from one move.

The bullets will kill at around 135%, and have high priority. It has average start-up lag and slightly above average ending lag.

Hat Trick - Upward Smash - 11% Box regular, 15% Box charged, 1% per card regular, 2% per card charged, 1% per Rabbit chew - As you can tell by the damage percentages, this move is multiple attacks rolled into one. Each move has a 33.33% chance of happening, and each causes very different effects.

Each attack starts out looking the same. Magician will flip his hat off with his left hand and then quickly spin his staff around it. This may sound like it takes a very long time, while in reality, it takes about the amount of time for Mario to do his forward smash.

• Box and Saw
    - A box, the size of the Metal Box quickly floats out of the hat and above Magician and sits there floating. It will remain in the air for 15 seconds. The moment any character besides Magician is hit into it, the character will disappear inside the box and a large saw will appear from the air.

It will quickly cut through the box about three times, taking about one second. The attack kills at around 150%, which isn't very good, but the idea of this move is just free percentages -- not a kill move.

Ideally, you are trying to hit the opponent into this move, via another attack. This will give your opponent a lot of damage and could potentially kill.

• Cards
    - Cards start flying out of the hat! Making a shuffling noise, the cards fly everywhere. The opponent can only get hit three times by the cards, causing a measly 3%, so what does this move do? Well, firstly, it causes tripping. This is like Diddy's bananas, except that you can't pick them up (Bad!) and Magician will not trip on them (Good!). The cards spread a decent distance around Magician -- two full body lengths of himself, side by side. Essentially, the idea is to put the cards down before your opponent gets to you so that they have trouble approaching.

• Rabbit
    - Magician brings his right hand into his hat and pulls out a rabbit. He casually tosses the rabbit behind him, and leaves the rabbit to bounce around. But... what exactly does this rabbit do? Well, he remains on the map for about 20 seconds, just hopping around. However, if you knock any opponent into the rabbit, or if your opponent runs into the rabbit, the rabbit will jump up and latch onto your opponents face. This causes an effect similar to the Metroid Assist Trophy, except that it damages at about one-fourth the rate of the Metroid and it is only slightly harder to get off. You should only expect to do about 15-20% damage IF you manage to land this thing which is pretty hard. The Rabbit disappears once it is disconnected from the opponents face, even if it hasn't been twenty seconds.

Gravity Bomb - Downward Smash - 3% damage uncharged 9% damage fully charged - Magician looks down at the ground and slowly raises both of his arms off (and in turn, his staff). He gets a serious look on his face, as if he's charging up a serious spell. Magician will then slap his staff onto the ground. As you can tell, this move has above average start-up lag.

After this, a large gravity ball appears -- its' size depends on how much you charge it. It is very slow moving, but it homes in on your opponent and follows them nearly perfectly. If it touches the opponent, it swallows them and keeps them trapped inside the ball for two seconds uncharged, four seconds fully charged. before disappearing.

So... how would your opponent ever get trapped by it? Obviously, you can hit your opponent into it. It also has a gravity element -- the higher the charge, the more the gravity. It sucks the opponent towards it, and the closer your opponent is to it, the more powerful the gravity.

Essentially, this move is to help damage your opponent by landing a free move. If your opponent is at a high enough percent, this will allow you to try and land a move that can kill. Transcended priority (ex: Cape, counter). Above average starting lag, above average ending lag. Stays out for three seconds.

Aerials

Quick Shot - Neutral Aerial - 4% - Magician tilts the staff forward and shoots a a small star out of it. It goes the speed of Samus' Power Missiles and goes the length of half of Final Destination. This attack is extremely straightforward -- all it is is just a simple shot moving forward. Though you can only have three out at a time, this attack is perfect for pressuring and spacing.

Extremely minimal knockback. Below average priority. Very little lag on both ends.

Line - Upward Aerial - 12% - Magician takes off his hat with his left hand and looks upward. A green/blue neon line comes out of it (constantly changes between the color green and blue). It continues to go straight up at an average pace (Wolf's Blaster) until you press A again. Magician continues to fall while this is being used.

Once Magician presses A, he will teleport to where the line is. Unfortunately, this takes a while, and has an average amount of lag added too it. Once Magician teleports, there's an explosion the size that Zelda's up air makes, and then Magician goes into helpless.

Unfortunately, the line has 20% HP. This pretty much means that most characters can destroy it in about two hits. It's decent as means for an alternate recovery, but this works much better for suicide kills -- if the opponent tries to come down and destory it, teleport to the top and use the explosion to stage spike the opponent. If they get afraid, use it next to the ledge and live!

Average knockback. No priority (not low priority, no priority. As in, priority literally does not matter with this move).

Spinning Sphere - Forward Aerial - 1% per hit, five hits total - Magician stretches his arm as far as he can across his chest and holds the staff across his chest. With a serious expression, he holds the staff there for a while. Suddenly, he swings the staff forward shooting out a sphere that looks much like this.

It starts out about the size of a fully charged Aura Sphere at 0%. It moves at an average pace -- nothing too slow, but nothing too fast. It very slightly homes in on the opponent, but will only slightly curve. If it touches the opponent it expands to be the size of their entire body. Any opponent who touches this while another opponent is trapped in it is batted away and takes 1% damage.

From here, the sides of the sphere begin to spin, doing 1% damage occasionally. This attack takes 1.5 seconds to finish once it lands, and allows the opponent to be hit by other attacks. Try combining this with your neutral air for plenty of free damage, as your opponent does not receive knockback from any attack.

This might even be considered the best spacing move in the game, as your opponents will most likely not want to get hit by this, though it is very easily jumped over and ran under.

Otherwise, its a pretty basic attack. Does 5% damage and kills at 150%. Above average priority. Above average lag on both ends. It should be noted that you cannot plank with this attack. the lag would cause you to just send the Sphere under the stage and for your attempt at recovery to be easily edgehogged. Travels 3/4th the distance of Final Destination before disappearing.

Staff Toss - Backward Aerial - 4% - Magician twists his body so he can look behind him and then throws his staff. It goes to the length of a Battlefield platform behind him, and then comes back to his hand. During the entire attack, the staff is the only hitbox, but it moves fast and has great priority. Magician, however, is vunerable the entire attack, so don't use this if your opponent is in front of you!

Though the attack may have weak damage, it still has its' uses. Obviously, like nearly all of Magician's attacks, it's a good spacer. It makes opponents weary to approach you from the back because it stays out and it has good range (like DK's godly Bair). Though, if they get in front of you during this attack, you're in trouble! Magician is easily hit during this attack, because he cannot change his momentum or otherwise move during this attack.

Unfortunately, the attack only has flinching knockback. On the plus side, however, there's very little lag on both ends of the attack.

Cleaning House - Downward Aerial - 5% - Magician takes off his hat with his left hand and then flips it upside down. He shakes it a few times and a few playing cards come out! You may remember these from the up smash, and they do work in a similar fashion.

Firstly, dumping these onto the stage will create a small area for tripping -- much smaller than the one created by the up smash. Like Diddy's Bananas, though, you're only allowed to have two sets of cards out on the floor at a time, including cards from the up smash.

Beyond causing a place that makes the opponent trip, this is pretty straightforward! The cards fall about two Battlefield platforms downward before disappearing, though the attack (surprisingly) doesn't stay out for very long -- these cards move fast! It's an alright edgeguarding tool, though not the best. Not to mention the mediocre 5% damage. Really, this attack is best for creating diversions on the stage.

Average lag on both ends. Flinching knockback.

Throws

Trajectory - Forward Throw - 8% throw, 5% collision - Magician keeps the opponent locked in the air, by using his magic! His arm is fully outstretched, his arm moving downwards when you hold down and going upwards when you hold up. After initiating this throw, you can either press Z again to throw the opponent in the direction your staff is facing, or you can change the trajectory of the opponent for one second before an automatic fire. If the shot opponent hits another enemy, box, or wall, they will take an additional 5% damage. Low ending lag.

Teleport - Upward Throw - 8% - It should immediately be noted that this is the ultimate teams throw. This move could make Magician the best teams character out there, assuming the Computer Virus metagame advanced in such a way, if this inclusion were real. Getting to the actual move, though...

Magician swings his left hand upward, also holding the staff straight up. This forms a 90 degree perpendicular angle with the ground, and the opponent is sent straight up. Magician teleports the height of two Ganondorf's upwards and gets prepared to hit the opponent again! You have a quarter of a second window to press any of the four cardinal directions on the control stick (it may sound fast, but it is surprisingly slow for smash) and Magician will hit the opponent in that direction.

Pressing behind Magician will cause a generic kick with his feet. Pressing up will cause Magician to swing his staff above his head. Pressing forward will cause him to hit the opponent with his head (that's gotta hurt...). Pressing down will cause Magician to use his staff to send the opponent flying back down towards the ground.

The move doesn't have that much knockback, as it will barely kill at 200% and it doesn't even do that much damage. But, if your partner is ready, this can allow a free kill move!

Low lag for all four attacks.

Electrocute - Backward Throw - 3% throw, 1% per electrocution - Magician twists his head and torso backwards as he swings his staff behind his body. The opponent is sent backwards, about the length of two Battlefield platforms, and then is caught in the air by a stream of electricity coming from Magician's staff. The opponent is held there for a very small amount of time and is electrocuted rapidly. The opponent is hit six times, and anybody who jumps into the stream of electricity is electrocuted along with the thrown opponent.

After the opponent is electrocuted, they receive no knockback, but instead fall onto the ground. This is perfect for teams matches, as this will allow your teammate to either stand next to the opponent charging a smash attack, or set up something like a jab or laser lock.

Geyser - Downward Throw - 4% throw, 1% Geyser hit - Magician twirls his staff once, and then swings it towards the ground. The opponent is sent on the ground right in front of Magician and a Geyser comes bursting out. The moment it hits the opponent, the opponent regains control. It is possible to DI out of it, though it is moderately hard. It hits a total of ten times, taking one second to reach a height of two Ganondorfs stacked on top of each other. Ideally, Magician should be trying to predict how many hits it will take for the opponent to escape from the Geyser, so that he may use another attack get some extra damage in. Magician himself can be caught by the Geyser, so close-ranged moves are a no. There is no ending lag, so Magician obtains the ability to move immediately after the foe it thrown.

Situationals

Shocker - Ledge Attack - 10% - Magician heaves his left hand up and onto the stage, and then follows with his right. Suddenly, he puts an electric current all around his body, shocking anybody who gets near him. It has flinching knockback, allowing you to punish any foe who gets hit. Lasts as long as your average ledge attack.

Ice Spears - Rising Attack (From Front) - 10% - As Magician gets up, two ice spears pop up out of the ground. They're about as big as Magician himself, height and width-wise. They stay out for about three quarters of a second, allowing Magician to move around a bit while the spears are still out. Very low knockback.

Flame Circle - Rising Attack (From Back) - 6% - Magician very quickly spins around as he gets up, putting his staff on the ground. The staff leaves a trail of flames on the ground, which cause flinching knockback.

Earth Raiser - Tripped Attack - 11% - Magician raises the Earth below him and uses it to propel himself upwards. He goes up about the height of Mario on the stone and then is promptly dropped down onto his feet. Causes extremely low knockback.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Magical Juggling
Magician creates three balls of magical energy, one red, one blue, one green. He then begins to juggle the balls. After a moment, he throws them all upward, creating a mini-fireworks shower.

Side Taunt: Hat Trick
Pulling a rabbit out of his hat, Magician looks around, seemingly awaiting applause from an unseen audience...what a showboater…

A health bar appears behind Magician who turns to check it, the reaction he displays depends on how much HP he has left before changing into the next form of Computer Virus.

100% Health: Magician is noticeably happy that he’s still at full strength, he raises his staff into the air causing it to glow multiple colors! Impressive!

50% Health: Magician seems slightly worried…but he’s cocky! He’ll never lose! He turns to the camera and laughs slightly, a few sweatdrops flying off him.

25% or less: Magician’s nervous! How could he have possibly let his health get so low! Pulling his hat down over his head, Magician stamps the ground angrily.

Evil Knight is the first real brute of Computer Virus. After building up a considerable amount of damage with the previous forms, Evil Knight should be a nice refresher considering most of his moves have great KO potential. Not only this, but Evil Knight is actually rather customizable to the players choosing by using his special attacks to alter his performance on the battlefield.

Being a real heavy hitter is Evil Knight’s forte, however his aerial game and recovery are less than impressive…being aggressive with Evil Knight is one thing, but being defensive is clearly another.

Sword and shield, offense and defense, balance these well to excel with Evil Knight!

Stats

Power - 80/100 - You suffered through Slime, you put up with Puppet, you made do with Magician…THIS is REALLY where you can start KO’ing opponents! Evil Knight is CLEARLY a powerhouse.
Walking Speed - 30/100 - A slow menacing walk…he sure looks intimidating…
Running Speed - 40/100 - Not the fastest character in the game (clearly) but at least he’s mobile…about Ganondorf’s run speed, maybe a tad slower.
Size - 70/100 - A large, animated suit of armor, you better expect him to be quite large.
Weight - 90/100 - He may be hollow inside but all that metal is going to weigh him down a bit…
Range - 80/100 - Whether it’s a simple swipe or a body blow, Evil Knight has range to spare with his massive sword.
First Jump - 40/100 - He’s a suit of armor, seriously. Be lucky you’re getting such a good first jump.
Second Jump - 10/100 - Abysmal. A really pathetic jump…if you’re Evil Knight and you’re relying on THIS to save your life, you may want to just give up…
Traction - 90/100 - He’s slow and careful, he fortunately won’t slip or slide much…but like everyone, he has his occasional tumbles.
Attack Speed - 50/100 - He’s got some reaaaaaaaally slow attacks…but fortunately, he’s got some quick and erratic ones thrown in there…a real mixed bag.
Priority - 70/100 - It’d be kinda depressing if he was a slow moving character with zero priority…fortunately he’s got some attacks that’ll break through even the toughest attacks!
Fall Speed - 80/100 - What part of SUIT OF ARMOR do you not comprehend (The metal part! -Ed.)?
Crouch - 60/100 - While it doesn’t really reduce his height by that much, while crouching, Evil Knight raises his shield, blocking projectiles from the front.

Animations

Standing - Evil Knight’s body rises up and down as if he were breathing. His sword is at waist level and his shield is at his side. Evil Knight’s head spins on his shoulders, making two total revolutions before he reaches up and claps it between his hands, stopping it instantly as he shakes his head a little afterwards.

Walking - Evil Knight marches forward taking large, heavy steps. Does have much upper body movement but I guess that makes him look even more menacing.

Running - Evil Knight picks up a bit of speed as he slowly starts pumping his arms. Evil Knight is like a train! A very slow moving train however…now he’s got some fluent motion in his upper body, pumping his arms and dashing along.

First Jump - Evil Knight kicks off of the ground, his sword and shield still at his side…guess he kicked a little too hard though; his feet are still on the ground! After about a fraction of a second, his feet launch up after him, giving him slightly more height before he reaches the peak of his jump.

Second Jump - Evil Knight’s arms rise up about half a stage builder block high…yeah, that’s the entirety of his second jump. He reaches.

Shield - Oddly enough instead of just raising his shield, Evil Knight simply stands up straight, his eyes vanishing as the standard bubble shield forms around him.

Specials

Darkness Overdrive - Down Special - Evil Knight does something a tad…odd…instantly after activating the attack, Evil Knight will thrust his own sword into his chest area, sustaining 5% damage to himself! However Evil Knight is no fool…he uses his own evil energy inside of him to infuse his blade with the power of darkness! With the evil energy flowing through his blade, many of Evil Knight’s attacks will be altered slightly with either increased damage, increased knockback, decreased lag or other wacky effects…however this comes at a cost…

The main drawback of this attack is that it causes Evil Knight to take 1% every second the evil energy is flowing through his blade, apparently it has something to do with the energy not being contained inside of his body or something of that sort. Regardless it makes Evil Knight rather unstable, so if you start to take too much damage because of the now wildly flowing energy, make sure to activate the Down B again. After doing so, Evil Knight will absorb the energy back into his body and then seal the hole where it came from, effectively containing the flow of energy

Use this move mostly if you want to enjoy many of the added effects the uncontrolled evil energy can unleash…or you could just use if it you want to switch to Great Dragon faster…

All moves will have a “Darkness Bonus” section after them, explaining the additional effects of the move when used while Evil Knight is unleashing his energy.

Also, as a side note, this attack cancels out any additional effects of either the Up B or the Side B.

Shower of Daggers - Neutral Special - 1% per hit - Evil Knight turns towards the screen and thrusts his arms out at his side. He then opens his hands as a dark energy surges around them. Then evil energy takes the form of a series of knives, the amount of knives in hand doubling each second the B button is held for a maximum of 32 knives (max charge of 5 seconds). When the button is released, Evil Knight will hurl the knives one at a time in the direction the control stick is pointed at, however, this direction can be changed at any time by pointing the control stick in another direction. Each knife flies at about the speed of one of Fox’s lasers, taking about five seconds total to throw the maximum amount of 32 knives.

This move obviously has a fair bit of start up lag and a fair bit of duration when used with maximum charge…but fortunately, Evil Knight has super armor while throwing the knives. Each knife does 1% with flinching knockback; essentially if you’re hit by one of them…you’re in for a bumpy ride when the rest connect…however you should never allow an Evil Knight player to charge the move for five second. Evil Knight is entirely stationary during this attack but the knives have a maximum reach of ¾’s of Battlefield’s main platform.

Darkness Bonus: Every knife Evil Knight throws leaves an afterimage; this helps effectively mindgame an opponent as the afterimage knives look identical to the real thing. They do no damage however and appear after the player is able to control Evil Knight again, use this to your advantage and smash an opponent away while they’re trying to dodge what isn’t attacking them!

Cold Winter Knight - Side Special - 12% - Evil Knight lifts his blade over his head as a surge of icy energy channels into it. The sword starts the glow blue and form ice crystals around it. When the button is released, Evil Knight swings his blade directly before, reaching about a Bowser’s length away from him. Any opponent hit by this receives medium knockback and then freezes solid mid-flight making it a potentially deadly edgeguarding tool/killing move. Deals 12% regardless of charge (although it has about a half-second of start up lag/charge), however the longer it’s charged, the longer your opponent will potentially be held in ice for.

However, there’s a little more to this move than originally seen. If the move is held for a maximum charge of three seconds, instead of swinging his blade forward, Evil Knight will fall backwards, frozen solid as he potentially falls on any foes behind him. This comes complete with about a second of end lag, so be careful…but it also manages to change Evil Knight slightly. When Evil Knight rises back to his feet, he’ll still be icy, increasing his dash speed to that of Pit’s, but reducing his traction, causing him to slip and slide more (kind of like Luigi).

Evil Knight’s Side B also happens to cancel the effects of his Up B…read on for more details…

Darkness Bonus: This gives no positive change to the move but will remove the icy effect once the Down B is activated. Evil Knight will be unable to enter his “icy form” until the Down B is canceled.

Burning Vigor; Valor Up! - Up Special - 7% upwards, 4% downwards body, 11% downwards shield - With a burst of supernatural energy, Evil Knight glows a hot red and leaps a short distance into the air before slamming downwards, his shield held out before him. This is, oddly enough better as an aerial approach than a recovery as it has the mind game potential of Evil Knight shooting upwards about a Marth’s height upwards before shooting downwards with his shield. While on the topic of the shield, it happens to have one of the highest priorities in the game, meaning opponents better have a powerful attack waiting for Evil Knight…or they better prepare to get out of the way! While shooting upwards, Evil Knight acts as a high priority, low knockback hitbox that causes about 7% when he hits…however, while falling down, Evil Knight’s shield becomes an insanely high priority hitbox, causing medium horizontal knockback and about 11%. His body only causes low knockback and 4% damage while he’s falling however, so if you can’t dodge the entire Knight, at least dodge the shield…

Now…there’s another unique little feature of this attack; yes, it can be charged! Charging it however only increases the knockback of the attack, making the Knight’s body a medium knockback attack and the shield a medium-high knockback attack. However, if charged for that magical number of three seconds, Evil Knight will be overcome with intense heat! While superheated, Evil Knight’s attack power and knockback is increased by 1/3…however…his defense and resistance to knockback is also reduced by 1/3, making this potentially risky if abused.

Darkness Bonus: This gives no positive change to the move but will remove the superheated effect once the Down B is activated. Evil Knight will be unable to enter his “superheated form” until the Down B is canceled.

Standards

Swords N’ Shields - Neutral Combo - 4%, 3% - With one tap of the A button, Evil Knight sweeps his sword diagonally downward from left to right causing minor knockback and about 4% with medium priority. Once A is tapped again, Evil Knight thrusts his shield forward, smacking the opponent back with low-medium knockback and 3%. Evil Knight’s shield however when he thrusts it forward can also negate physical projectiles (such as thrown items, Link’s arrows, Peach’s turnips, Game and Watch’s sausage etc.) but can’t defend against explosions or energy based projectiles.

Darkness Bonus: When darkness is included into this attack, the first attack remains the same, but the shield can now absorb energy-based attacks. When an energy-based projectile hits his shield, Evil Knight will absorb it, regaining about 4%. This is an excellent way to prolong the switch to Great Dragon, but it also suffers from slightly increased end lag, so it’s easily punishable if you absorb nothing…and obviously fairly useless against non-projectile users.

Dash and Slash - Dash Attack - While dashing, Evil Knight swings his sword before him twice, first from right to left then vice versa, each hit causing minor damage (4%) and low knockback. Rather low priority attack with moderate range…the real fun starts with the darkness bonus however…

Darkness Bonus: With another tap of A after the initial attack starts, Evil Knight will create an illusion of himself which will leap out of Evil Knight and fly at the opponent from above. However, if you hold up while pressing A the second time, Evil Knight’s illusion will be the one running directly ahead and the real Evil Knight will fall from above, his sword pointed downward. Obviously this is excellent for mindgames and will keep your opponent guessing which direction you’re coming from. Unfortunately, if you do attack from above and happen to miss, Evil Knight’s sword will get stuck in the ground for a second, making him totally vulnerable to retaliation. While striking from above, Evil Knight will cause 8% and downward spike his opponent, setting them up for a ground based attack.

Tilts

Crescent Slash - Up Tilt - 9% regular, 6% darkness - One of Evil Knight’s trademark moves, the large suit of arms faces the camera and swings his sword forward. Instantly, a crescent moon shaped burst of energy will fly upwards a distance of about Ganondorf and loop back like a boomerang to Evil Knight. This deals about 9% but has the benefit of being a weirdly shaped, disjointed hitbox. It also causes low-medium vertical knockback making it useful for juggling opponents.

Darkness Bonus: With darkness, this attack plays out VERY much the same as it does in Kirby Super Star. Instead of just one crescent moon shaped blade, three will appear, two flying out to either side of him about a Bowser’s width across causing low-medium horizontal knockback. This is an excellent “get away from me” move, but unfortunately comes with some drawbacks. The damage this attack deals is reduced to 6% and it suffers from some moderate beginning lag.

Bull Horns - Side Tilt - 10% regular, 15% darkness - Evil Knight ducks down and then thrusts his head forward and up, striking the foe with the horns on the side of his helmet. An oddly quick attack but with very short range, the only hitboxes of the attack are Evil Knight’s horns, leaving him totally vulnerable to attack on his lower body. This attack does 10% and medium-high knockback making it an exceptional killing move, unfortunately is suffers from a bit of end lag.

Darkness Bonus: This move changes almost entirely visually when used in conjunction with darkness. Making his head spin like a helicopter blade, Evil Knight thrusts towards the enemy, hitting them with multiple grazing hits, each doing 1% and hitting up to fifteen times. This however extends the duration of the attack, causing you to take more damage from the darkness…

Dark Tremor - Down Tilt - Thrusting his blade into the ground, Evil Knight creates a small fissure before him that travels one Bowser width before him. A moment after the fissure is created, a burst of dark energy erupts from the ground. The fissure itself causes no damage, instead causing the foe to enter their tripped state. The eruption of energy causes 11% and medium vertical knockback.

Darkness Bonus: With an added boost of darkness, the evil energy that comes from the fissure increases so that it doubles in height, easily reaching the top of Evil Knight’s head. This makes it much harder to avoid but does no additional damage or knockback.

Smashes

Getting A Head - Up Smash - 15% uncharged, 21% fully charged, 13% strong hitbox - Evil Knight reaches up and pulls his head/helmet off, hurling it into the air above him about a Ganondorf’s height upward. The head/helmet flies upward at about the speed of one of Peach’s turnips. Once it’s reached the maximum height, the head/helmet faces the screen and its eyes glow red causing high knockback if the opponent is touching it, much like Jigglypuff’s Rest. It’s unlikely to hit with the high knockback part as it only lasts a few frames (identical to Rest) as the head on the way up causes medium knockback and about 15-21% depending on the charge. The glowing eyes damage however is less, causing only a solid 13%.

Darkness Bonus: The move acts exactly the same as it normally would…right up until the eyes begin to glow. After this, the head spins a full 360 degrees while firing a laser as thick as one of Fox’s and as long as Bowser. The laser acts as a multi-hitting attack, hitting up to four times and causing 2% per hit, ultimately ending with medium knockback.

An Arm and A Leg - Side Smash - 19% uncharged, 25% fully charged - Heaving his heavy sword over his head, Evil Knight takes a similar stance to that of his Side B. While charging the attack, Evil Knight raises his other arm and grasps his sword holding arm, pulling it off and swinging it horizontally before him, complete with sword in hand. Obviously this has considerable range…but is also fairly slow and has some nasty end lag. It is however Evil Knight’s prime killing move, doing medium-high knockback and 19-25%.

Darkness Bonus: With the power of Darkness, Evil Knight’s arm stays connected to his body via dark energy. When the move finishes, his arm snaps back into place instantly, reducing the end lag considerably, making it all the more deadly as a finishing move.

Dark Burst - Down Smash - 12% uncharged, 19% fully charged - Evil Knight begins to tremble violently. When the smash is released, his suit of armor explodes, leaving behind an outline of dark energy in the shape of his body. Pieces of Evil Knight will fly up to a maximum distance of a Bowser and a half away. Needless to say this move has considerable end lag as Evil Knight has to reassemble is body. Overall it takes about a second and a half to reform…fortunately this attack does high knockback, decent damage (12-19%) and has impressive range…but if it DOES miss….

Darkness Bonus: With a boost of darkness, the range of this attack overall increases to two and a half Bowser lengths maximum. It also increases in damage to about 18-23%…unfortunately, it also takes two seconds to reform his body, use this move sparingly or as a KO move.

Aerials

Wicked Blender - Neutral Aerial - 8% - Evil Knight extends his arms outwards, spinning rapidly 360 degrees twice before ultimately stopping, facing the same direction he started in. Because of his long sword and long arms, this move has nasty range. Fortunately for the opponent, it doesn’t cause much damage or knockback (8% and low knockback) and is purely another “get away from me” move.

Darkness Bonus: This is actually one of the more useful darkness bonuses…when used, Evil Knight will begin to spin incredibly quickly, actually gaining about one Mario’s height. Unfortunately, this increases the ending lag by a fair bit, making it far from stall-worthy…besides, if you tried to spam it, Evil Knight would eventually turn into Great Dragon and die anyway.

Gravity Bender - Up Aerial
Evil Knight goes for a simple approach with this move…reaching up with his shielded hand, he grabs the opponent by their leg and hurls them quickly beneath him, how crude! Yet effective! This move is a perfect set up for a footstool jump (which could easily aid Evil Knight’s recovery!) or a down air (which would most likely mean that both characters die…). Deals only 5% with set, low downward knockback

Darkness Bonus: With darkness, Evil Knight’s grab range increases, allowing him to reach opponents a Mario distance above him! Fortunately, there are no negative drawbacks to this besides the usual constant damage.

The Dark Knight - Forward Aerial
Evil Knight spreads his arms and legs and then leaps forward in mid-air (about one Bowser width forward), smacking the opponent away with the full force of his body. Needless to say this move has a rather large hitbox…it also does a nice bit of damage (12%) and medium knockback.

Darkness Bonus: Adding some start up lag, Evil Knight gains a pair of dark purple/black wings. This increases the distance he travels forward to two Bowser widths across making this a very deadly move with a huge hitbox, great priority, good damage and decent knockback…where’s the drawback? Unfortunately, there is one. After using this, Evil Knight’s dark wings fade out and he enters a freefall. If you’re using this to aid recovery, make it count. If you’re using it to attack, make sure it’s on stage…

Darkness Surge - Backward Aerial
Evil Knight’s torso spins around as the face guard on his mask opens up, unleashing a powerful blast of evil energy from the now open helmet. This attack comes out incredibly quickly and does 19% with medium-high knockback. However, by unleashing all that energy at once, Evil Knight enters a freefall mode…use primarily as a KO move or you’ll suffer retaliation.

Darkness Bonus: Another move effected negatively by Evil Knight’s Down B, with all of his evil energy in use, Evil Knight opens his face plate only to…do nothing?! Ack! He flubbed it! The only potential use for this move is to hopefully make a foe spot dodge away from you…the only plus is that Evil Knight doesn’t free fall from it.

Knight Fall - Down Aerial
Oh what a clever and witty name for this attack…raising his sword high above him while facing the screen, Evil Knight plunges downwards, sword before him as he falls. This attack comes out very quickly but needless to say instantly KO’s Evil Knight if used over an edge…fortunately, it can also be used to Knighticide as it spikes the opponent downward. Deals 14% and a downward spike.

Darkness Bonus: The darkness bonus for Evil Knight’s down aerial adds to its mindgame potential. After imputing the command for the down aerial, press and hold A to make Evil Knight hold himself in the air for up to one second using the powers of his evil energy. Once a second passes or the button is released, Evil Knight continues to fall.

Throws

Grab: Evil Knight reaches out with the hand he holds his shield with, attempting to snag the foe by their arm.

Piercing Blow - Pummel
Evil Knight stabs the opponent through with his sword. Does 5% damage but is incredibly slow…you’re unlikely to get more than two of these in before they break free.

Darkness Bonus: It looks cooler with the dark energy and all that…

Helichopper - Up Throw
Placing his sword down and grasping the foe with both hands, Evil Knight begins to spin them over his head. Suddenly, his arms disconnect from his body…but they keep on spinning the foe! After about a second or so, he releases them, sending them spinning off in a random direction and causing 8%.

Darkness Bonus: While spinning the opponent, Evil Knight’s grounded sword glows with evil energy…and then shoots straight up into the foe! This causes the move to end abruptly and for Evil Knight’s arms to drop down instantly, causing about half a second or so of end lag more than normal. It does however change the attack power to 10% and the knockback to medium vertical.

Iron Maiden - Forward Throw
Evil Knight pulls the opponent into his suit of armor and then thrusts his sword into the suit three times, each time through doing 2% to both him and his opponent. He then opens the chest plate and sends then opponent flying, causing an additional 4%.

Darkness Bonus: The darkness bonus raises the amount of damage the opponent takes during the stabbing from 2% to 4%. Evil Knight however still takes the same amount…but the constant damage should make up for that.

Now You’re Thinking With Portals - Down Throw
Evil Knight stabs his sword into the ground beside the opponent and rips it backwards, creating a jagged hole in the Smash dimension…he then forcefully shoves the opponent into the hole, swings his sword above the portal and then slashes the air, creating another one. The opponent then falls through the portal in the sky and hits the ground, right back where they started. Surprisingly, this doesn’t take forever and lasts about the length of one of Mr. Game & Watch’s throws, ultimately dealing 12%.

Darkness Bonus: Evil Knight does the same animation as above, but once he’s torn the portal in the sky, he throws his sword into the grounded portal. The sword then strikes the opponent mid-transport and lands beside them once the throw is over. This adds an additional 5% damage to the attack…but also adds about two or so seconds to it, meaning more damage to Evil Knight…

The Dark Side - Back Throw
Evil Knight releases the foe? What trickery is this? Well, they’re not out of the woods yet…evil energy swarms the opponent and lifts them into the air, slamming them against the ground twice before spinning around and hurling the foe behind him. This causes about 13% and low knockback.

Darkness Bonus: Not much of a bonus here…since all of Evil Knight’s energy is being unleashed, he doesn’t have any left to use for this throw! Upon activation of the throw, a large question mark appears over Evil Knight’s head as he moves his hand up and down, trying to slam his non-grabbed foe against the ground. After a moment, he realizes this is doing nothing and a large black cloud appears over his head as he hunches over…poor Evil Knight…

This attack has considerable lag and is best used simply to mock the opponent as it does neither damage nor knockback and takes about 3 seconds to play out entirely….METAMINDGAMES ANYONE?

Situationals

Heads Will Roll - Ledge Attack
Evil Knight reaches up with one hand and pulls of his head, rolling it a Bowser’s width onto the stage. He then pulls himself up and snatches up his head. Deals 9%, low-medium knockback and has some end lag as he’s forced to replace his head.

Shish Kabob - Get Up Attack (Face Down)
While rising, Evil Knight thrusts his sword through his chest plate, causing a small burst of evil energy to knock any foes nearby away and damaging them slightly. Deals 6% and minor knockback.

Reassemble - Get Up Attack (Face Up)
Evil Knight pulls himself together via evil energy, suddenly shooting to his feet in a ridged stance. Deals 10% and moderate knockback.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Chivalrous Knight
Evil Knight removes his head (yikes!) and takes a bow.

Side Taunt: Being Knighted
Evil Knight sinks his sword into the ground and drops to one knee, resting his hands on the hilt of the blade as evil energy courses through it as his eyes glow a fierce red. He then stands up, pulls his sword out and regains his idle stance.

Evil Knight stands still as an HP bar appears behind him. He then turns to view it and his reaction differs depending on how much how much health he has remaining before he transitions into Great Dragon.

100% Health: Evil Knight checks the bar and turns to the screen, laughing triumphantly at how powerful he is!

50% Health: Evil Knight checks the bar as a black cloud appears over his head, slightly embarrassed that he’s gone down below half his health.

25% or Less: Evil Knight checks the HP bar only to realize he’s almost toast! Classic anime sweatdrops appear on him as he visually trembles slightly.

Despite the rather small picture above, Great Dragon is the largest of all the viruses. By the time you're using Great Dragon, you've accumulated 100% damage, and you're (hopefully) ready to lay the smackdown on your opponent. Luckily for you, Great Dragon is a killing machine. He lacks in most stats, outside of weight and power, so make use of those to score KOs for the rest of your time until you get KOed and revert back to Slime.

Great Dragon is a slow, large, and somewhat awkward character, but if you've played your cards right to this point, you shouldn't have to land more than a couple of hits before you've landed a KO. Your weight should support you long enough to land those hits, so just focus on landing a hit--any hit.

Stats

Power - 10/10 - Great Dragon is a powerhouse. The majority of his moves are KO moves.
Walk - 1/10 - Great Dragon has a painfully slow walk.
Run - 2/10 - His run's not much more impressive.
Traction - 9/10 - It's pretty easy to turn around and avoid tripping over your own feet when you move so slow.
Height - 9/10 - Great Dragon is one of the largest characters in the game, being very wide as well as tall.
Weight - 10/10 - Great Dragon is a serious heavyweight, being very difficult to knock around.
Range - 3/10 - Outside of a couple of ranged moves, Great Dragon struggles to reach very far.
Jump 1 - 2/10 - Getting off the ground isn't very easy for Great Dragon.
Jump 2-4 - 2/10 - He may have three mid-air jumps, but none of them gets him a lot of height, meaning that they're more useful for maintaining your height than adding anything to it.
Falling Speed - 5/10 - While you would expect him to fall slowly, Great Dragon's weight prevents him from being floaty.
Attack Speed - 1/10 - Great Dragon is terribly slow, making those monster hits difficult to land sometimes.
Priority - 5/10 - Great Dragon has a pretty average priority on most of his attacks.
Glide - Great Dragon has the ability to glide in a similar fashion to other gliding characters. However, his is the slowest of the bunch by a long shot.

Animations

Standing - Great Dragon stands on his back legs, but bent over somewhat, so as to not be too tall (of course, this makes him a wider target). From time to time, he'll growl subtly or blow a thin stream of smoke from his nostrils.

Walking - Great Dragon walks forward very deliberately, taking big, slow steps. He stands more upright to do this, so he gains height while losing width.

Running - Great Dragon runs on all fours, with his wings outspread and flapping to propel him forward. This does make him move faster, but it also makes him a much bigger target than he would be otherwise.

Ground Jump - Great Dragon pushes off the ground with his hands and feet, and spreads his wings in preparation for his mid-air jumps.

Mid-air Jumps - Great Dragon pulls all limbs in close, giving his wings a big flap each time you use a mid-air jump.

Shield - Great Dragon has a normal bubble shield, but it's about twice the size of a normal character's. On the downside, it also shrinks twice as fast, both naturally and when taking hits.

Specials

Fiery Breath - Neutral Special - 3% per hit, seven hits total - Great Dragon extends his neck a short distance forward, and spews flames for about one second. These reach about as far as the flames that characters spit with the Superspicy Curry, and deal multi-hit damage that can reach up to about 21%. The lag before and after these is about twice as long as that of Charizard's Flamethrower. On the plus side, this is one of Great Dragon's only moves with a good range, so making use of it to add a little damage to your opponent's damage counter without getting in close is recommended.

Talon Slash - Side Special - 3% per hit, six hits total - Great Dragon slashes forward with one of his claws, then with the other, continuing this until he has slashed a total of six times. Each slash does 3% damage, and the last one deals tremendous diagonal knockback (the first five deal only flinching knockback to keep the victim in range of the rest). On the plus side, this has only a little lag at the beginning and end, but the hitbox is rather small, only about as large as Olimar or so, and the execution of all the hits takes about 2.5 seconds, so you'll highly susceptible to hits should you miss. If you can land it, though, this is one of Great Dragon's most potent killing moves.

Gigantic Flap - Up Special - Great Dragon flaps his wings in one massive swoop downward. This propels him upward about as far as Lucario's Extremespeed can move in a straight line. In the downward direction, over the same distance, a powerful gust of air is created that pushes opponents downward with great force. Like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. or Squirtle's Water Gun, the gust deals no damage or hitstun, but serves as an effective gimping attack, due to the fact that its push is directly downward. Great Dragon deals no damage as he rushes upward, and is left in a helpless state when this move finishes. Unlike most of his moves, this one executes fairly quickly, with about as much lag as Charizard's Fly.

Petrify - Down Special - Great Dragon's body takes on a grey-ish tint when you use this move, which takes about a second to perform. He'll stay in this form for the next 20 seconds, taking three-quarters damage and knockback from all attacks that hit him. During the last five seconds, before reverting back to normal, he'll begin flashing rapidly between his normal and petrified forms. This effect is purely visual, and meant to serve as a warning. It's important to be wary during this time, because as the effect wears off, Great Dragon sheds his petrified skin, which takes a full second to do. If hit while shedding the skin, Great Dragon will take normal damage and knockback from the hit. With the ending time in mind, it's important to knock your opponent(s) away before you lose the petrification, so you can be safe during the downtime. Additionally, once the Dragon sheds the petrified skin, you won't be able to use this move again until 20 seconds have passed. Using it before that time has passed will have no effect at all.

Standards

Growl - Neutral Attack - Great Dragon remains in his normal standing position, uttering a soft, but malicious growl for one second. Using this move before any other attack boosts the next attack's power (damage/knockback) to 1.25 times normal. That may not seem like a lot, but using it whenever you get the chance, this only increases Great Dragon's already high KOing ability. Multiple uses will not stack the effect. While this move is in use, the effects of the down tilt are negated.

Vulcan Blast - Dash Attack - 20% - Great Dragon rears his head back, preparing to launch a fireball, but trips, launching it straight down at the ground. It explodes like the ones Meta Ridley spits in his boss battle in the Subspace Emissary, making the hitbox cover approximately the width of Great Dragon, below him. It's a powerful attack, dealing 15% damage and a lot of knockback, and has a decent-sized hitbox, too. The biggest drawback to this move is the extreme amount of lag. The startup lag for this move lies around that of an Ike Forward Smash, and there's a similar amount of lag afterward as well. This move is still sometimes useful, though, since it's powerful and has more range than the majority of Great Dragon's moves.

Tilts

Shaping Stone - Forward Tilt - 25% - Great Dragon's head becomes petrified, turning a grey color. He then swings it forward. This attack has Falcon Punch-like startup lag, but smashing Great Dragon's stone head against an enemy deals 25% damage and great diagonal knockback. This has surprisingly good range, as Great Dragon moves forward in a fashion similar to Wario during his Forward Smash while using it, but again, is very slow, having similar ending lag to its' startup lag. If the move connects, the stone will shatter, leaving Great Dragon's head as it was. If it misses, his head will remain stone, slightly decreasing the startup lag of this move the next time it's used.

Smoke Ring - Up Tilt - 15% - Great Dragon leans back and blows a quick puff of smoke overhead, which forms a quick ring the width of Great Dragon's head, then dissolves. The ring reaches a decent distance up, about the height of Link, before vanishing. Anyone it strikes will take 15% damage and okay upward knockback, immediately destroying the smoke ring. This has a lot of startup and ending lag, and isn't as powerful as most of Great Dragon's moves, but the smoke ring covers a better distance and provides a more sizeable hitbox than the majority of Great Dragon's other options.

Blessing of the Spirits - Down Tilt - Great Dragon glows a faint blue color for about one second. After this, his next attack will have a somewhat larger hitbox, as a blue spirit will surround his existing one for a short length. The cost of this, however, is that it reduces the power of his moves to 0.75 times their normal amount. This is best used if you're having trouble landing hits with Great Dragon, as it helps you get a more sizable hitbox, both for small and already-large ones. While this move is in use, the neutral attack's effects are negated.

Smashes

Rampage - Forward Smash - 18% - Great Dragon stomps down on the ground in front of him. If the Smash Attack was charged, he'll repeat this, each time moving forward and stomping to the front. At minimum charge, he'll only perform the first stomp, and at full charge, he'll stomp four times, moving forward about 1.5X a Battlefield platform's length. Each stomp deals 18% damage and good horizontal knockback. The hitbox is rather close to the ground, but with enough charge, this attack covers a respectable horizontal distance. The lag before and after the rampage is comparable to that of Ike's Forward Smash, while the time in between each stomp is such that all four of them can be completed within about one second.

Jaws of Hell - Up Smash - 18% - Great Dragon rears his head back and opens his mouth upward, and we see that it's filled with a black smog, which starts pouring out. When the charge is released, he snaps his jaw shut, causing serious damage to anyone he hits. Depending on the charge, it deals anywhere from 18 - 30% damage, with great upward knockback. However, the hitbox for this move is very small, only within his mouth, and the startup and ending lag are a little longer than that of Ike's Forward Smash. This move is extremely difficult to connect with, but is pretty much guaranteed to KO if you do, unless your opponent is at rather low damage.

Paralyzing Roar - Down Smash - Great Dragon leans his head back, then brings it down and roars loudly. Opponents standing on the ground within about a Battlefield platform's length when he does so will be stunned, similar to the effect of Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer, but without any electricity. Depending on the charge time of this Smash Attack, an opponent at 0% damage who doesn't perform any button input to negate the stun can be stunned for anywhere from a quarter second to a full second. Damaged opponents are stunned for longer, and button input from stunned opponent can free them earlier. The startup lag for this move is comparable to that of King Dedede's Forward Smash, but the ending lag is minimal, allowing you to follow up with another attack easily.

Aerials

Ring of Fire - Neutral Aerial - 10% - Great Dragon starts breathing flames, as he performs a slow, maticulous front flip. This takes slightly longer than Charizard's Neutral Aerial, with a bit more lag on either end as well. Great Dragon, however, is not the hitbox for this move. The flames he spits from his mouth are. They reach only about as far as a Fire Flower's flames do, circling with him as he spins. Anyone he hits with them, however, is dealt 10% damage and good knockback in the direction the flames are currently shooting. This move is great to use for aerial spacing, but only if you can work around its awkward hitbox and relative slowness. Good timing with this move can even make it a decent spike as the flames are shooting downward.

Snapdragon - Forward Aerial - 15% - Great Dragon rears his head back, then slams it forward, initiating a powerful bite as he does. The hitbox for this is very precise, only consisting of his jaws as they snap shut, but rewards with 15% damage and good horizontal knockback. As far as lag goes, this is comparable to Donkey Kong's Forward Aerial, though a tad bit slower and, once again, with a much more specific hitbox. This is essentially the aerial equivalent of the Up Smash, being hard to hit with, but a very potent KO move.

Tail Slap - Backward Aerial - 12% sourspot, 22% sweetspot - Great Dragon swings his tail behind him horizontally, covering an okay distance. This has somewhat long, but not painful startup and ending lag. The bulk of the tail deals 12% damage with okay diagonal knockback, but the tip sweetspots for 22% and changes the knockback to directly horizontal, and very powerful. If the tipper of this move can be mastered, it's Great Dragon's easiest KO option, being powerful and decently fast.

Wing Clap - Up Aerial - 5%, 18% - Great Dragon attempts to spread his wings, but being so large, he falls faster than he was anticipating, and his wings collapse upward, clapping over his head. The startup lag for this is comparable to Ike's Up Aerial, while the ending lag afterward is horrendous, taking about two seconds, as Great Dragon recovers from his incorrectly-judged unfurling of his wings, during which time you're left to simply fall. As the wings fly upward, they deal 5% damage and okay knockback. As they clap, they have a sweetspot of a decent size that deals 18% damage and strong upward knockback. This is a very powerful KO move, but very easily punishable if you miss. If you hit with the 5% damage hitbox, you will also hit with the 18% damage hitbox.

Stone Dragon - Down Aerial - 12% - Great Dragon tucks in his limbs, becoming more-or-less round in shape, then petrifies his body to become stone. From here, he falls straight downward, at about the speed King Dedede does after the peak of his Super Dedede Jump. He can cancel out of it, but it takes an incredibly long time - one and a half seconds. The stone slowly crumbles off of him while he's cancelling. As he falls, he'll deal 12% damage and very good downward knockback to anyone he hits. If he strikes the ground, the stone will shatter off of him as he does, dealing multi-hit damage within a small radius around him. The startup lag for this move is comparable to that of Yoshi's Ground Pound, and the ending lag is comparable to Kirby's return to normal after using his Stone attack. This can be a very high-risk, high-reward move, due to its great spiking capabilities also ensuring a self-KO. However, during the cancel, you only do half the damage and knockback than if you didn't cancel the move.

Throws

Grab Animation - Great Dragon sweeps one claw forward in a slow, but far-reaching grab. The lag if you miss the grab is slightly above average.

Claw Crush - Pummel - 3% - Great Dragon squeezes his claw tight, damaging the foe for 3% damage. This has a slow repetition rate.

Slash Frenzy - Forward Throw - 20% - Great Dragon releases his victim, then hacks at them with both claws repeatedly, for five hits of 4% damage each. The last hit has okay knockback, to clear some room, but nowhere near the KO capacity of many other moves. This is mainly used for damaging afterward if Great Dragon has already scored a KO. This Throw takes about two seconds to fully complete, but its damage is often worth it.

Thrash - Backward Throw - 16% - Great Dragon thrashes around with his victim, then tosses them behind him. The thrashing, which lasts about a second, deals constant damage totalling up to 10%, then the toss, which has pretty good horizontal knockback behind him, deals another 6%.

Smog - Up Throw - 5% per hit - Great Dragon holds his victim over his head, then breathes a thick cloud of smoke in their face. He then releases them, having done no damage. For the next 5 seconds, every second, the affected opponent has a 50% chance of coughing, immediately canceling their current action and dealing 5% damage to them. Use this to make it harder for your opponent to avoid coming attacks.

Firestorm - Down Throw - 15% - Slamming his opponent to the ground, Great Dragon then proceeds to unleash a powerful blast of fire on them. This deals 15% damage and good diagonal knockback, and is the most potent of Great Dragon's Throws for KOing. This is yet another slow Throw for Great Dragon, but a most powerful one.

Situationals

Flaming Tackle - Ledge Attack - 12% - Great Dragon envelops himself in flames as he quickly climbs the ledge and leaps forward. He moves about the distance of one Battlefield platform, though his ignition before climbing is more than fair warning of this move. If he does hit anyone, he'll deal 12% damage and good knockback. This has a fair amount of ending lag, but nothing crippling.

Heat Sphere - Rising Attack (From Front) - 10% - Before standing upright, Great Dragon spits a ball of flame at the ground, where it bursts upward, covering an area similar to a Blast Box's explosion, dealing 10% damage and weak upward knockback to anyone it hits. This is a fast attack for Great Dragon, but still fairly slow by other characters' standards.

Double Claw - Rising Attack (From Back) - 18% - Great Dragon slashes to either side simultaneously with his claws. This move has a very specific hitbox on each side, but will deal 18% damage and good horizontal knockback if it hits. After performing this attack, Great Dragon clambers to his feet, giving this significant ending lag, though it is quick to execute initially.

Whirlwind Wings - Tripped Attack - 12% - Great Dragon flaps his wings in a powerful downward motion, lifting himself to his feet. This causes a small, brief whirlwind to form around him, roughly the size of Meta Knight's Mach Tornado. It lasts for one second, dealing multi-hit damage up to 12%. After the whirlwind vanishes, Great Dragon becomes mobile again.

Taunts

Up Taunt: Fierce Dragon
Great Dragon rears up on its hind legs and roars fiercely into the air! He then goes back to all four feet on the ground and snarls, smoke spouting from his nostrils.

Side Taunt: Dragon Breath
Great Dragon spits on a small tongue of flames as he stamps the ground, how intimidating!

Down Taunt: Comflicker
Great Dragon shakes his head as he flickers in and out of existence…seemingly proof that Computer Virus has taken a serious beating to get to this point…

Slime Swarm

The current character looks up, and ten slimes drop from the top of the screen onto the floor of the stage. These don't act like the slime you control - these slowly follow the opponent at half of the regular slimes running speed (they have very poor jumping skills, and will not jump off the stage). They will stay on the stage for a total of ten seconds.

Now, if one of these slimes manages to catch up with the opponent, not only will it deal 2% damage per second, the opponent will slow down by 1/15th of their normal speed. You will have to work to make sure the opponent gets hit by one, and when they do, this is a highly damaging FS.

No knockback.

Entrance: A blue window appears displaying the name “Slime” on the top bar. Slime then drops out of the window, ready to fight.

Symbol: The usual Kirby Star, that all other Dreamlanders get.

Kirby Hat: Kirby turns green, gains Puppet’s hat, Magician’s staff and hat, Evil Knight’s helmet or Great Dragon’s wings/horns (depending on who he inhales obviously) and their respective power, phew!

Victory Pose 1: Virus Roulette
Slime appears in the middle of the screen but flickers slightly. Suddenly, Computer Virus starts cycling through all of the different forms of Computer Virus very rapidly. After going through the cycle twice, Slime appears again, looking visibly dizzy.

Victory Pose 2: YOU WON!
Whichever Virus the match ended with stands in the middle of the screen in their idle pose. A large window appears behind the Virus, displaying their “earned experience.” Various random (albeit, unimportant) stats will appear on the screen such as “You earned 5 Happy points!” “You earned 2 Friendship points!” etc.

Victory Pose 3: BsoD
Huh…how odd, it seems that Brawl’s crashed! When Computer Virus won, he put the match into a Blue Screen of Death! Ack! Wait, you can still exit…phew, that was a close one!

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x4bL...eature=related

Loss Pose: None of the Viruses from Computer Virus appear on screen, instead, a blank blue screen appears which displays messages such as "You gained 25 experience points! (not that it matters)" and "You grew 20% more cool!"

OmegaXXII

i got a good one.....NO CLONES!!!

no one with the same FS.

i hate sonic but i think one sonic character will be alright.

waluigi for a playable character.

better stage builder.

wat about geno?

I support these:
-No clones
-the Sonic idea
-better stage builder

I don't support:
-NO FREAKIN GENO and WALUIGI! O know this is just an opinion, but I must say that these two are my most hated characters ever, don't even get me started.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
*Ignores hopeless posters*

An original character is an idiotic idea. I don't care who it is, so long as they're from somewhere else but Smash they're better then an original character. The whole point of Smash is to fight with our favorite characters, wasting one of the slots on an original character would take away the entire point of this.

Yes, Mario should get the bias if anyone does. No, not the Mario characters, just Mario. Mario and Link should be the stars, while Bowser and Ganondorf get the main antagonistic glory. Those four should be most important to the plot.

On the topic of playable Miis, they should be a WTF character, if anything, and I doubt Miis will be brought back on the next console, which means they would no longer be viable for SSB4. if they are brought back, they'd probably be highly graphically improved to match the system, which should hopefully be at least as powerful as 360/PS3.

And while it doesn't directly relate to SSB4, how in bloody hell did Peach get in before Wario? Only mainstream game she's playable in is Super Mario Bros. 2 (At the time), she can't naturally fight, and she's far less well known/popular then Wario. Wario also advertises his own games.

You want to know why? Sakurai had a bias back in even Melee, he hates Wario. He almost made Wario the last second clone of Mario, but thankfully Dr. Mario took the spot instead. It's in one of his interviews.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Harharhar, so many Geno haters out thar.
He's only been shown in a few games and he was mention high on the Smash Bros polls everybody wanted to see him then. Of course some people are just fans in general but a great amount of people did it for that reason only. I won't get into full detail because you might already know all of that news.

Neez mo Panel De Pon. ;p

smashbot226

Smash Master
*Ignores hopeless posters*

An original character is an idiotic idea. I don't care who it is, so long as they're from somewhere else but Smash they're better then an original character. The whole point of Smash is to fight with our favorite characters, wasting one of the slots on an original character would take away the entire point of this.

Yes, Mario should get the bias if anyone does. No, not the Mario characters, just Mario. Mario and Link should be the stars, while Bowser and Ganondorf get the main antagonistic glory. Those four should be most important to the plot.

On the topic of playable Miis, they should be a WTF character, if anything, and I doubt Miis will be brought back on the next console, which means they would no longer be viable for SSB4. if they are brought back, they'd probably be highly graphically improved to match the system, which should hopefully be at least as powerful as 360/PS3.

And while it doesn't directly relate to SSB4, how in bloody hell did Peach get in before Wario? Only mainstream game she's playable in is Super Mario Bros. 2 (At the time), she can't naturally fight, and she's far less well known/popular then Wario. Wario also advertises his own games.

You want to know why? Sakurai had a bias back in even Melee, he hates Wario. He almost made Wario the last second clone of Mario, but thankfully Dr. Mario took the spot instead. It's in one of his interviews.
And now he's considered a REALLY good character? How the heck does that measure up?

lol jk

Yeah, Sakurai is quite a biased dude, bending the rules of the games to fit his own desires.

The only exception to this is Kirby in Melee, and that was only to satisfy the fan's complaints.

LSDX

Wah!
He's only been shown in a few games and he was mention high on the Smash Bros polls everybody wanted to see him then. Of course some people are just fans in general but a great amount of people did it for that reason only. I won't get into full detail because you might already know all of that news.

Neez mo Panel De Pon. ;p
Yes, I did know all of the controversy behind Geno. *Mumble mumble*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And then we see Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Alloys, Polygons, and Wire Frames. Also, most people liked the primids. Tabuu was a failure, however.
Aside from Tabuu, I'm actually okay with those guys. However, I don't want it to be only "original" enemies next time.

I have an idea for a storyline for the next game. The hands are a god-like being (think of them being separate, but the same people like the Catholic Trinity) that is bent on creating a post-apocolyptic world and has gotten the cooperation of numerous villains to fight alongside with him. The primids, alloys, polygons, and wire frames can be served as something along the lines of the Angels from Evangelion (but without the mind ****).

In a sense, it's kinda fitting. The hands are made up of one the creates and another that destroys. Basically, the hands could be tired of the Nintendo universe and are completely indifferent to both their actions and the character's reactions. It's almost like a kid tossing toys around.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
^Don't get me started on Geno

He was about as likely to get in as Ronald McDonald in retrospect.
Ronald McDonald would've been a Japan-only character since most of his stuff would derive from his memes like RAN RAN RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mario and Link get all the attention anyway. Why not give the spotlight to someone we don't see every day?

And honestly, it's not Sakurai's obligation to represent all of Nintendo perfectly. Smash is his brainchild, as long as he's in charge he'll make whatever decisions he wants with regards to advancing the series.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
Screw geno. I'd rather see Toads tiny *** out there scrappin. supposedly he has super strength and he was playable like 20 years ago in mario bros 2. Also, how bout a koopa, or hammer brother? if they can do all that other ******** **** like play soccer and ride go karts why cant they fight in brawl?

Also, something that will NEVER happen as long as nintendo is behind the game, would even just a few a FEW drops of blood here and there hurt so bad? Maybe Im just demented but seein some severed limbs fly in different directions after you say, throw a bomb at someone with 100+ % or so would be tight.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Mario and Link get all the attention anyway. Why not give the spotlight to someone we don't see every day?

And honestly, it's not Sakurai's obligation to represent all of Nintendo perfectly. Smash is his brainchild, as long as he's in charge he'll make whatever decisions he wants with regards to advancing the series.
Please, please, PLEASE tell me how Mario and Link were more important to the SSE then Kirby, MK, and Dedede. Yes, it is his responsibility to represent everything properly. It's his game, he doesn't have to, but it's ridiculous to say he's not expected to.

Who would you suggest get the central roles? Your dear Pikachu?

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
Also, new characters are cool n all but if they keep expanding outside of the nintendo family it is just gonna be a ridiculous hodgepodge of too much. Sonic was ok. Snake was just dumb. I swear to God, whats next, Banjo Kazooie???

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
And the story mode was garbage anyways. Keep your expectations low for it and you wont be disappointed. The biggest improvement in the game bar none would be online improvements/tracking/tournament hosting

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
@Reezy:

-Blood and limbs flying everywhere will never happen.

-Snake only got in due to being a favor for a friend of Sakurai. Nobody that far out there will ever get in again unless under similiar circumstances.

-Of course the story mode is garbage, but it has the potetional to be much more. Good online would be the best improvement, I might even take it over a couple actually important characters. Good online would make the game last forever.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Also, something that will NEVER happen as long as nintendo is behind the game, would even just a few a FEW drops of blood here and there hurt so bad? Maybe Im just demented but seein some severed limbs fly in different directions after you say, throw a bomb at someone with 100+ % or so would be tight.
o_O

Also, new characters are cool n all but if they keep expanding outside of the nintendo family it is just gonna be a ridiculous hodgepodge of too much. Sonic was ok. Snake was just dumb. I swear to God, whats next, Banjo Kazooie???
First of all, make sure you read the rules again, cuz you might notice a mistake you made. Secondly, many people despise Sonic, and love Snake and Banjo Kazooie.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sonic has haters, but has far more fans. His haters are also generally only people on message boards. Said haters only exist because of the terrible quality of his games, are nintendo fanboys, or the worst reason of all. . .

Because he sucks in Brawl while Snake is god tier. Tiers affect popularity too much, which is the main reason I hate them as much as I do. Had Falco been bottom tier while Mewtwo was top, we'd have Mewtwo in Brawl over Falco. I GUARANTEE YOU THIS.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
o_O

First of all, make sure you read the rules again, cuz you might notice a mistake you made. Secondly, many people despise Sonic, and love Snake and Banjo Kazooie.
what rules? It was just a joke I didnt know people were so sentimental towards Banjo he was just my example because he came out and well pretty much got released into obscurity. He had.. what... two games?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Sonic has haters, but has far more fans. His haters are also generally only people on message boards. Said haters only exist because of the terrible quality of his games, are nintendo fanboys, or the worst reason of all. . .
I know this, but his fanboys are all minors, so their rights on who's good drops to da zeroes.
Because he sucks in Brawl while Snake is god tier. Tiers affect popularity too much, which is the main reason I hate them as much as I do. Had Falco been bottom tier while Mewtwo was top, we'd have Mewtwo in Brawl over Falco. I GUARANTEE YOU THIS.
...OR MY MONEY BACK? Also, I don't know if you noticed this yet, but Sakurai didn't give a short-hop on the tiers. We have to remember that the forbidden 7 included Mew2, and Falco was finished earlier than Mew2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom