• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Capcom: Megaman, Zero, Ryu, Viewtiful Joe
Namco: Nightmare, Lloyd, KOS-MOS
SEGA: Sonic, Tails, NiGHTS, Gunstar Heroes
Square-Enix: Black Mage, Geno, Crono, Sora
Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa, Rygar
Konami: Snake, Simon Belmont, Klonoa

Right there's 19 awesome characters. Now just trim down the 39 Brawl characters to 31, and you've got yourself a game.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Jill would be too much like Snake with her concepted heavy artillery now that I think of it. She was legit in MvC2 though. A taser counter special would be awesome.

Jill still----
B: Bazooka (aim shifts like Diddy Kong's Peanut Popper)
Smash B: Firearm Rush (MvC2's rush move like Ike's)
Down B: Taser Counter
Up B: Chun-Li's v^K special.

I didn't really think of Viewful Joe, but he is intense. Gets my nod of approval.

But Sora?

Capcom needs to go against a different company. I am particularly not a fan of SNK or this new Japanese comic one. CapcomXNamco was a dissapointment. MUST BE A FIGHTER!

Morrigan, Megaman, and Jill v. Nightmare, Nina Williams, and Ygdassil

I NEED THERAPY THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I actually agreed for a while in one of IGN's articles a few months back about having Sephiroth, Master Chief and Yoda as guest characters. Anyone know of a good therapist?

Mac_Master92

Smash Rookie
Don't like to end the brainstorming here but... Wasn't the slogan for this game "The Brawl To End Them All" don't you kind of think that means this would be the last game? I would hate if that's true, but I think that's what might happen. Maybe...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Don't like to end the brainstorming here but... Wasn't the slogan for this game "The Brawl To End Them All" don't you kind of think that means this would be the last game? I would hate if that's true, but I think that's what might happen. Maybe...
I don't remember that catch phrase at all. I'm sure it would have been patronized more if it were true.

If it is, I've been living under a rock these past few months.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I don't remember that catch phrase at all. I'm sure it would have been patronized more if it were true.

Last I checked, it's on the back of the box.

lol

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

That phrase is from a GameStop Brawl poster. But GS ruins alot of brand things, such as their God damn Wiimote Charge Station.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
That phrase is from a GameStop Brawl poster. But GS ruins alot of brand things, such as their God damn Wiimote Charge Station.
I see. That explains a lot, really. If it was NoA who distributed the poster, they're not the ones who decide on these things. Neither is Game Stop for that matter. (If GameStop is the one who designed it, which sounds like the idea here.)

Top left Corner of the back on mine.
Mine states- "Nintendo Worlds Collide!"

"ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THIS ACTION-PACKAGED FIGHTING GAME AS YOU SQUARE OFF WITH TONS OF CHARACTERS FROM MARIO TM TO LINK TM TO PIKACHU TM WITH LIMITLESS CUSTOMIZATION AND A WEALTH OF MODES, THERE'S NO END TO THE SMASHING FUN!"

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ah, now that I think about it... I think it actually was on Gamestop's pre-boxart box thing... xD They put the Brawl logo on the front, and a few pics from the Dojo and some sentences on the back... I think that's where I saw it, lol... Sorry... xD

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Brawl to end them all doesn't necessarily state that the series is coming to an end. Perhaps it's a catchy phrase because "Brawl" and "all" rhyme? I wouldn't come to the conclusion from that advertisement that it's the last Smash Bros. game unless it directly states that Smash Bros. is coming to an end.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
My roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
DK
Diddy & Dixie
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Vaati
Samus
Ridley
Olimar
Captian Falcon
Black Shadow
Pit
Little Mac
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game & Watch
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Balloon Fighter
Sukapon
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Animal Crosser
Stafy
Ness
Lucas
Isaac
Marth
New FE lord
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th gen Pokemon
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Bomberman

smashbot226

Smash Master
My roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
DK
Diddy & Dixie No Dixie. Hasn't appeared in a DK game since the awful DKC 3.
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link Probably gonna be cut, even if not, he'll still be a clone.
Vaati Small time unimportant villain says what?
Samus
Ridley
Olimar
Captian Falcon
Black Shadow
Pit
Little Mac Already established as Assist Trophy. I'm assuming you are NOT using that logic for Goroh, right?
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game & Watch
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Balloon Fighter
Sukapon Really just a coin flip for him.
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Animal Crosser
Stafy GYAA! NO NO NO NO NO.
Ness
Lucas
Isaac
Marth
New FE lord Next FE game will be a remake of FE1. Not happening any time soon.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario Funny, Pokemon Trainer is spelled EXACTLY like Lucario.
5th gen Pokemon Again, likely, but then again, what'll be first; SSB4 or Pokemon 5?
Snake
Sonic
New third parties, I'd prefer.
Megaman
Bomberman
Comments in bold.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Comments in bold.
Good work.

~My Ideal List of Newcomers~

Isaac
Dixie Kong (sorry, smashbot. lol)
Impa
King K. Rool
Krystal
Ridley
Paper Mario

...That is all I care for. And my 3rd-party wildcard would be Sora. Dont attack my list, either. They are merely ideals.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Things I would focus on in SSB4:
- More characters
Well, no tihs. 35, just too few.

I don't understand why people think there are "rules" for certain characters getting into the Smash series. At this point, there are no rules. Any character can "fit" into the games no matter what they are, like take Snake (3rd Party, realistic), Mr. G&W (kind of made up for smash based on the past G&W games and is 2-D) and even toon link (cel-shaded). Popularity does have some part in it, but that's not the whole thing: look at Mr.G&W and ROB.
That gives me an idea. Like in that G&W event, every character looked like a G&W, rite? well, in SSB4, evry character should look a G&W. Same with a Toon stage/ effect. Like a Toon Peach(lol) Toon Bowser(rofl), and a Toon Marth(a)(dofl).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
SSB4 will wait until the next Pokemon generation comes out.
Platinum counts, right?

Good work.

~My Ideal List of Newcomers~

Isaac
Dixie Kong (sorry, smashbot. lol)
Impa
King K. Rool
Krystal
Ridley
Paper Mario

...That is all I care for. And my 3rd-party wildcard would be Sora. Dont attack my list, either. They are merely ideals.
Underlined probably wouldn't fit.... Otherwise, gret job, but if that was all we got, people would be really mad.:bee:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Platinum counts, right?

Underlined probably wouldn't fit.... Otherwise, gret job, but if that was all we got, people would be really mad.:bee:
WTF DID I JUST SAY??? *explodes*

Actually, Impa CAN fit in. She would be a Shiek clone, slower, but stronger. Think about it. R.O.B didnt fit in. G&W didnt fit. Dr. MARIO didnt fit, (a puzzle game for crying out loud.) SONIC definitely didnt fit in. I can keep going. Dont hate if you dont want to make me stronger...XD

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey! They were saying Brawl's tagline was made by gamestop! like wtf!
Yes, god forbid that we forget the "tagline" that was shown in a commercial 6 months ago. <_<

Seriously, lighten up... It doesn't really matter where it came from anyway...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Gah. 5th gen. I know nothing of them, sadly.
4th gen.

I don't see any sort of Pokemon Trainer happening for any more recent gens. I believe Squirtle and Ivysaur and Charizard were chosen not only because they were popular, but they're the trio used in the most main games (FireRed and LeafGreen remakes). Maybe if some other generation gets remade....

Gold and Silver, Gold and Silver!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Something like that, or Empoleon, Monferno, and Turtwig.

Whatever floats the boat.
I think it'd be more interesting if they combined multiple generations...

Something like: Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken...

EDIT: ALTHOUGH... 2nd Generation IS really cool... xD Chikorita-Quilava-Feraligator

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
smashbot226 said:
Dixie No Dixie. Hasn't appeared in a DK game since the awful DKC 3.
I think that's wrong.

Dixie Kong has appeared in quite a few titles, and stared in her own videogame. She's been in Mario 3-on-3 Hoops, Mario Strikers for cross-over sports titles and the more recent Donkey Kong titles as well. If the sources are right, she's been in fifteen titles and playable in thirteen. I think she's a very eligible candidate to add to the roster.

Stating that it's awful is just based on opinion. I really prefer those games instead of their new crap they have out now. >:

I also agree that Toon Link needs the axe. Despite the aesthetic differences and attribute alterations-- he is still "Link". One is enough in my opinion, when that character slot can be used as someone like Midna. I would also consider Midna eligible. She stole the show in Twilight Princess and is everything but generic.

The thing about Impa is that there is no stable design for her. I'm assuming you are referring to the Ocarina of Time one-- but what about the Oracle of Season iteration? If she was in, I'd want Naboruru or Ruto, hell, even Dunria. I see her as well as them being more of supporting characters-- whereas Midna was a lot more than a supporting character.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I think that's wrong.

Dixie Kong has appeared in quite a few titles, and stared in her own videogame. She's been in Mario 3-on-3 Hoops, Mario Strikers for cross-over sports titles and the more recent Donkey Kong titles as well. If the sources are right, she's been in fifteen titles and playable in thirteen.

Stating that it's awful is just based on opinion. I really prefer those games instead of their new crap they have out now.

I also agree that Toon Link needs the axe. Despite the aesthetic differences and attribute alterations-- he is still "Link". One is enough in my opinion, when that character slot can be used as someone like Midna. I would also consider Midna eligible. She stole the show in Twilight Princess and is everything but generic.
Dixie's been in Mario Spin Offs. That's all she really has going for her over K. Rool besides being a playable character. K. Rool is still actually important in the games he appears in though, Dixie not having had a role besides as a generic extra character since DKC3.

So if we go by that logic, Waluigi is more likely then Bowser Jr. due to having been playable more often and having been in spin-offs, despite him having no role whatsoever. Spin Offs mean nothing, do you want to see Waluigi playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom