• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Well if you have lead just wait. He'll lose if he stays there.

Now if he has the lead.

1. Get to the other side of the stage.
2. Nikita him.
--
1. Get above him (DJ -> Cypher)
2. Drop C4 so it falls next to stage
3. Detonate when in position
--
1. Throws nades (Cook/Uncooked)
--
You could try to get by the edge and Mortaring, but he could get up and hit you.

That's all I have

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
any tips on learning new ways to mix up and be less predictable?
I'll be sure to try that on MK next time I play him

Don't do the same move or trick all over again. Soon enough, MK will just do the same move to whatever plan you use all the time. Do something that is unpredictable. Not as in something like f-smash or those other slow attacks.

This doesn't have a huge effect though on how ****** we are against MK.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Depends on two things, its legit as long as it hasn't been cooked and as long as its the first nade we threw and have another one out somewhere.

If its cooked, it'll either blow you up or stop halfway.

If its the only nade we have out, we'll nade strip.

If its the second we nade we have out, we'll "strip" it anyway.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
For some reason the other night when I was trying to momentum cancel a horizontal with airdodge, I still died even though I went in a diagonal? did I do something wrong?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Well, not amount of momentum canceling will save you if you lots of damage. For extra horizontal canceling, jump after your airdodge. Only do this if you'll die otherwise, it hurts your recovery.

Also, etecoon said this a few pages back, but use Uair if you're unsure or if the page is more diagonal

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Depends on two things, its legit as long as it hasn't been cooked and as long as its the first nade we threw and have another one out somewhere.

If its cooked, it'll either blow you up or stop halfway.

If its the only nade we have out, we'll nade strip.

If its the second we nade we have out, we'll "strip" it anyway.

I thought that was basic knowledge... especially Grenade Stripping.
I guess not.

Remember when MK is using his B attack you can throw a grenade to counter-attack it people.
No... i'm not trying to sound like a tourny***...
I think we've talked about this subject a lot. Maybe more MGS on this thread?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
is halberd good for snake and why?
The general consensus is yes. I agree. It has a very low ceiling, which allows us to kill even faster (I believe MK dies at 95% to a fresh Utilt). We survive longer vertically than everyone but King Dedede, so it doesn't hurt us as much.

Other than that, it's pretty much a normal stage, and pretty small on the first transformation, better stage control. The only downside would be the huge platform that people could use to juggle us.

Honestly though, you have to make your own opinion. Most Snakes don't like Brinstar and RC, and I find them fun and not any worse than other stages

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I prefer RC over brinstar just cause I hate the acid.. and would love setting booby traps all over RC :D

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I kind of like RC better than Halberd as well, just because most of my friends play either Spacies, Meta, or Both and I just don't like them on that stage. T_T

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Fighting vs Vicegrip tomorrow.

Tips for fighting top level Ness anyone? Someone have experience with Shaky or someone of the like?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
GR -> ftilt/utilt. Don't fish for the grab though.

You get tooooons of damage, espeically at the mid percent range.

Oh yeah, and don't DI PK Fire away, hit up on C-stick then prepare to PS coming down iirc.

and don't get PK thunder2'd. It kills insanely low

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
What's a good way to keep yourself from getting rusty if you don't get a chance to play with people alot, & your internet connection is rather bad often?

Also what's a good way to get around that whole footstool nonsense when you're trying to c4 yourself back to stage?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
According to the frame data thread, it's active minimum 55 frames after planting.

Whatever that means

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think that means immediately after the hitbox is set, it's still inactive, and then "activates" on that frame.

I want to know what frame it'll detonate after it becomes "active". Has anyone used frame advance to figure this out?

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
hey fellow snakes 2 questions

1. What is the best way to learn how to mix up?
2. With DI what's the strongest thing at the highest % snake can survive?

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
hey fellow snakes 2 questions

1. What is the best way to learn how to mix up?
2. With DI what's the strongest thing at the highest % snake can survive?
B-Reversals are good for mix-ups. Also try jab canceling into different things (grab, ftilt, btilt, uptilt) Cook nades. Use more aerials.

From optimal position? I've survived a Pikachu Usmash at 160% on FD once. (It may have been slightly stale)

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I thought B-reversals were for recovery only? also how does one jab cancel? and by question 2 I mean the strongest atk that snake can live at the highest %

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I thought B-reversals were for recovery only? also how does one jab cancel? and by question 2 I mean the strongest atk that snake can live at the highest %
B-Reversals can be used for getting down and maybe some offstage recovery, but they work extremely well for Snake, False's vids have good example of use in a match

Jab cancel by doing Jab 1 and hitting down on the control stick, from there you can do another move.

The second question is hard to answer. If you mean the strongest attack in the game, there's like
DK And DDD Fsmash
Pk Flash
The 9 Hammer
Maybe PKT2

I think those are the strongest, but I don't know how high he can survive

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
also adding on, I've seen snake being able to jump back on to the stage from ledge with a nade in hand and back facing opponent, how to do?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
iirc Turnaround B is a more accurate term, so that he doesn't get confused with B-reversals which shift aerial movement as well.

Top Bottom