• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

MVD

Smash Master
Watch me against seibrik on those stages lol its easy, your giving snake too Muxh credit, yoshis is good cause its small and snake has no space to do anything really

:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Oh uh.... i guess, um......... hmmm

well i dont have any questions it seems lol just advice i guess? i'm teaming with one for a tournament on the 12th

C.J.

Smash Master
I recall a DDD main abusing there pivot grab somehow by buffering a pivot grab from standing in place. I was wondering if Snake could do something like this as well. This is since our pivot grab range is so much better than our regular grab range.
Every character can do this. The easiest way is to hit the analog stick the direction opposite you are facing, then immediately press the direction you were facing on the c-stick+your grab button. You'll either get your pivot grab animation w/ no slide (right) or you'll pivot grab while sliding opposite the direction you were facing (wrong, although still has its uses). I guess if you're REALLY far off you'll roll too.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
what's faster?? airdodge -> attack or c4 cancel -> attack?? or what has less lag.. maybe it's just me but c4 cancel seems faster. just curious

Activating your C4 ends at the exact same time as your air dodge does.
Pulling out your C4 (in the air) is faster than an airdodge.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i think he means doing the landing c4 cancel.

which looks like it has less lag.

but its hard to tell.

at the very least, its not 0 frames, since you cant land on a mine and shield.

Attila_

BRoomer
In which case you have frame disadvantage.

Not to mention that the opponent can react to your nade pull, since you need to pull it about 20 frames before you hit the ground if you want zero lag.

Not to mention it limits you two three options.

It's good, but not amazing.

C4 is actually much safer and more versatile.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
How do you dacus with wiichuck?

As a pretty technical wiichuck snake main, I'm not sure if my specific controls will help you but what I do to dacus is

1. Go to controls and set up on the directional pad to up smash.

2. Go the training mode, put the speed to 1/2 and practice doing a dash attack out of a run, but immediately pressing upsmash *on the dpad* as the dash attack is starting. You will do the mortar slide when you learn the timing. When you can do it consistently in half speed switch to normal and do the same

Optional*** Learn to dacus with Shake Smash.....lol

Okuser

Smash Ace
Hey guys! First time posting here. I'm going to a tournament this weekend and there is a metaknight that LOVES to time me out and I have trouble dealing with that playstyle sometimes, whats the best way to combat it?

Also, how do I deal with sonic lol, my nades don't stop his spindash bull**** and I feel like I can never finish sonic off, he always lives to as high percents as I do. We got 2 really good sonic mains in my state

Attila_

BRoomer
welcome okuser.

if mk is timing you out, your camping game mustn't be very effective. you need to trap him with your nades, and then try and catch him on a landing/airdodge. be patient, and actually use your nades, don't just throw them aimlessly.

for sonic... nades dont work well. he's too quick. but holding 'a' is amazing lol. sonic has no priority, and all your moves will beat his. remember that, and don't fall for his baits.

Okuser

Smash Ace
welcome okuser.

if mk is timing you out, your camping game mustn't be very effective. you need to trap him with your nades, and then try and catch him on a landing/airdodge. be patient, and actually use your nades, don't just throw them aimlessly.

for sonic... nades dont work well. he's too quick. but holding 'a' is amazing lol. sonic has no priority, and all your moves will beat his. remember that, and don't fall for his baits.
Any ideas on finishing sonic off? It was definitely my biggest issue, it was just impossible to get sonic in a position to where I could up-tilt or anything

Attila_

BRoomer
Utilt should only really be used to punish attacks that are poorly spaced, otherwise you're asking to get baited.

Bair works well oos, ftilt can kill, even dash attack. Or get a grab and go for a tech chase...

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ok I know this is not exclusive to Snake, but whatev. How do you buffer a dash attack or dacus out of shield the opposite direction you are facing? The method I use to buffer it is control stick forward and cstick up. How do I get Snake to turn around? If I try this in the opposite direction he just turns around and usmashes.

and

Anyone have experience in a Pit-Snake doubles team? lol
MVD get in hurrr.

I'll post some of my own advice later.
Uhh I just woke up, too early to write about this lol I'll do so later or somethin

still waiting for this :3

MVD

Smash Master
LOL your right, FYRE GET IN HERE LOL

pit supports the **** ouuta snake so well, and pit holds stocks so snake has at least 4 which is amazing, spacing is the most important thing, pit can fight while snake camps or vice versa, grenades and arrows compliment one another when it.comes to helping your partner, edgeguarding is so easy pit planks to snake doing ANYTHING and its safe cause pit is a constant support for whatever snake needs and pit can punish the opponent for hitting snake, and if snake gets grabbed the pit should NEVER be scares to f smash both of us cause your snake you can take extra damage

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Does Diddy Kong lose to Snake all of a sudden or something, because I've seen a good amount of people claiming so. o-o I always thought it was even.

Attila_

BRoomer
Diddy's favour or even.

Snake relies on mistakes to deal damage, while Diddy has frame safe punishes, approaches and juggles.

Diddy's that say otherwise need to start shielding more; we struggle with that lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is using Jumpaway->B Reverse Nade->Onstage a safe option to recover from the ledge? False says we get ***** by it, just want to make sure :V

Mike2

Smash Ace
Thanks for the pit advice guys.
Alright sort of a rant but also a question: what is the Snake-Olimar matchup? Do people honestly think its even? Are there videos of the matchup being played correctly vs an Olimar who knows the matchup well? All videos I see are Snake getting ***** tbh :/ and the ones where he isn't I can count on one hand(some with razer, shu, and one with fatal). And if it's even is the learning curve on the snake side higher or something? So frustrated/confused

is using Jumpaway->B Reverse Nade->Onstage a safe option to recover from the ledge? False says we get ***** by it, just want to make sure :V
It's one of those important mix-ups to keep people guessing. Certain characters it does not do a whole lot of good if they space right (like marth). But, when they haven't spaced the ledge right, getting on the stage with it can be alright.
Alright sort of a rant but also a question: what is the Snake-Olimar matchup? Do people honestly think its even? Are there videos of the matchup being played correctly vs an Olimar who knows the matchup well? All videos I see are Snake getting ***** tbh :/ and the ones where he isn't I can count on one hand(some with razer, shu, and one with fatal). And if it's even is the learning curve on the snake side higher or something? So frustrated/confused
Its really only even because olimar can die early, but Snake can live forever. Other than that, I've not seen too much from someone explaining how Snake can reliably get around Olimar's spacing.

Top Bottom