• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
^Then don't play on it. I wish they put in good 'ol Melee Mute City over Big Blue, but hey, there's nothing you can do about it.

Tripping is an universally hated feature (there's not even a technical name for it), but it doesn't bother me nearly as bad as the online. Why would I play another human being over the net if I can't get their name? Why can't I invite someone to a room? How would they know I even started a room? Why aren't there rankings? Instead of "With Friends" and "With Anyone" why not put in "Player Matches" and "Ranked Matches"? Why do I and someone else have to input a longass set of numbers to register each other as friends? Why'd you f.uck this up in every aspect Nintendo?

Crashdance22

Smash Rookie
I only have 2 online complaints. I might post other generic complaints later.

One, the delay. It's rediculous. You can't even play how you want to because you press the button and freakin' half a second later your character attacks. It just ruins everything. I mean, why the heck does Brawl have delays with up to 4 Wiis when Mario Kart Wii plays flawlessly at full speed with up to 12?!

Two, Basic Brawl is killing me. I can't even Brawl online with people other than my friends, and if my friends aren't online then I can't even Brawl at all. It takes like, 10 whole minutes just to join a match, providing you ever get connected to one in the first place. This is also unexcusable because I can spectate and ALWAYS get an instant match going. With this issue I don't even see how I can find instant brawls all the time, unless everybody's waiting just to do a few quick matches with up to 3 opponents.

Conker315

Smash Lord
lol well its just to balance it out veggi
if it would be a match with only 3 they could team up
but thats how it is
the best one there only has to take them out before they do

lildudespider

Smash Rookie
yeah i have a complaint, its your forum about smash brothers, in case you havent noticed its really gone downhill

oh by the way i love the "troll" comments, keep em coming, i love to have a laugh

Agi

Smash Lord
Complaint#1: Stupid Cpus: (Thought i would've been used to it by now)
Complaint#2: Brilliant Cpus: (I had a LVL 3 LINK PERFECT SHIELD Samus's FINAL SMASH! Have video proof, if someone can tell me how to upload O_o

Meccs

@Meccs_
I really don't understand why it makes you have to have 4 players on random wi-fi. If we don't have four it gives us computers. Why? Who would want to play with computers?
I played a random match once with only 3 people. I don't know how, there were only 3 people in "brawling" status, and P4 was that grey box. then when it loaded, no computer showed up, it was great.

But my general complaints (despite that I love this game even though the following):

1) Tripping - wtf.

2) Stage bulider - you should be able to overlap and rotate, but otherwise it's not that bad.

3) Music - despite all the great music, it would've been cool if you could a) choose any music on any stage, and/or b) upload music to it and use that.

4) Online (my biggest gripe) - You should be able to invite people to your group. Lag - sometimes it's fine, but other times it's horrendous, plus, lag destroys Ness. But basically Nintendo needs to update their whole crappy online system and make it close to X-Box Live (Live is the only reason I have a 360 or even power it on)

5) 3rd party characters. being a big Nintendo fan, the fact that Sonic and Snake are in it kinda annoys me. Smash Bros. should've been an exclusive Nintendo-only club. Don't get me wrong, I love MGS and the sidescroller Sonic games, just I think they shouldn't be in Smash Bros.

6) characters that should not have gotten kicked:
R.O.B. - What? Why the hell is he in all these games now? ROB should stay as he is, a NES add-on.

Roy - was a zillion times cooler than marth, they should've kept Roy and either kicked Marth for Ike or kept Marth and Roy.

Mewtwo - 1st Gen Pokemon >>>>>>>> any other gen of pokemon. especailly 4th gen. Plus, Mewtwo himself is just plain awesome.

BEES

Smash Lord
ROB. What a waste of a character. This could've been someone we actually cared about. But instead we get a character who's playstyle results in the most boring, drawn out matches in the universe.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
No, I'm not mad that I DI'ed the wrong way.

I'm mad because you camp and if you ever pick ANY other character (aside from Snake and MK) i'd run you all day long. I wont even use my Snake or MK and i'll run you.

Seriously

Runicwings, Jam, SPAWN, Fate, Baka, Cort, PC Chris, Die Super Fly, Mew2King, Artieboy (Best Capt Falcon who doesnt camp, EVER!) myself, OBM, Solid Jake, (Your own crew) and Cat Fight are all great examples of people who are really good that do not camp. Its people that camp and noobs that give Brawl a bad name that make the game miserable. Noodles last night even said to me, "MK's going to get banned dude, that ledge camping!" haha. Hes PRO Brawl and hes complaining about camping! The irony! The only GOOD players who like Brawl like Brawl because they are sick of kicking *** in Melee...and they cannot grow further. "Brawl is as deep as a puddle" -Cort Did you know that friggin Chudat quit smash because of Brawl? Wheres Ercichewman? Wheres SPAWN lately? Not playing BRAWL! I'm not playing brawl anymore seriously....its the same thing every tournament! Theres no style, theres no mind games!
"There is no edge game in Brawl anymore dude." -BEAST

If you want, I'll start posting PM's sent to me from people in CT about how much Brawl is crap compared to Melee. (I'll mark them as unknown because I dont want to wage war.) Brawl is a fab...and will fade. Once people get to the peek of their growth and realize there isnt much else to do.....they will stop playing it. The game is identical to the Halo series and will end up exactly like Halo III did...forgotten becuase now everyone is playing COD4. I may not be a GREAT melee player but I've been around long enough to know what the F i'm talking about. Look at the name of this thread for god sakes. Even the host of this tourney makes fun of Brawl and thinks Melee is better.

"I'm an *** on the boards." -Me :)

The game even has its own complaint thread...haha and tourney attendance is starting to go down. You're basic thought process with Brawl is the following and you even told me yourself! "Well, i wasnt that good at melee and I can really stand out and compete at a high level in Brawl." haha how is that different than what any noob thinks? Really? You're evidence clearly supports what i've been saying alllll along

People who suck at melee like Brawl better because it gives them a chance to compete.

Brawls meta game is....camping, defending..whatever youw ant to call it. Please go watch ANY brawl match...every time somone attacks..they get punished...end of story unless they are playing MK orSnake because those two characters are the only two that can get away with it due to their broken range and speed. Brawl is a good game by itself but in no way was EVER meant to be a competitive game. It has good music, levels, and a lot of characters to choose from..thats about it. The matches are more boring, you dont learn as much, you cant combo unless you're sheik, etc. You do realize that even the people who play Brawl bash the living heck out of it right? Yeah, people who are PRO Brawl insult it ALLLLL the time.

This is not a rant...this is not a complaint. and if you want i'll start providing everyone EVIDENCE as to why Brawl sucks.

For starters-I walked into Wal Mart the other day and i saw an add for Brawl with a mom holding a nunchuk and it said "the Brawl to end them all" Moms can "compete" in Brawl? I dont think so and with the addition of the "four ways to play feature" i dont think this game was aimed for the competitive player. The game was aimed to not be competitive and it succeeded. Its fun...but not competitive. Go camp guys...and win your tourneys!

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
wow, just wow. I'm not quoting it, and I don't think I need to post in this thread anymore.

And moms?..........................................WHAT?!

oh and for the post further up.
Mewtwo=YES (could have been improved and everyone knows him)
Stage builder= yeah that too
Roy= I don't care, never really liked em but I can't get used to Ike's counter...And the only reason I'm using marth again is because of this thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173274 I don't like how his side b changed and I have to get used to his new dair.
Tripping=we all know
Also, WHERE IS MY DOC AND WHY IS HE GONE???

noodles

Smash Champion
im going to pick that apart once i get on my computer. ill even pm it to you if u want.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde
The Pokemon attacks from the Poke Balls aren't as pwnsome as the ones in Melee (they still have some cool Pokemon attacks in Brawl though, Pokemon like Latios and Latias, Deoxy, Piplup, and Manaphy (or whatever the name of that Pokemon that switches characters is). Plus, the total amount of Pokemon in the Poke Balls in Brawl seems less than the amount in Melee.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Prince Of Fire wins the topic.

Even though the music is probably my favorite part of the game, it really annoyed me that they don't have any 'vs champion' themes from pokemon, those are probably in my top 10 best video game music of all time, especially the red/blue/yellow and diamond/pearl champ themes. Seriously, they can have the pokemon center theme and random route themes that aren't suited for combat at all, but they can't have some of the most epic fight music of all time (imo). The music they picked from fire emblem was meh. FE definietly has a lot better music than what was picked, "victory is near", "power hungry fool", "Crimea Attacks", "Eternal Bond" WTF? Why pick such slow music when Fire emblem offers amazingly epic combat-suited music? :/

One thing I will actually compliment is that they picked Molegra from the Wind Waker. That is hands down my favorite song from that game (I downloaded an MP3 of it right after I fought that boss the first time I liked it so much, lol) and I'm really glad they picked it even though it's only used for a very short time in only one game. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a fan of the stage it is featured on, oh well.

Mewtwo - 1st Gen Pokemon >>>>>>>> any other gen of pokemon. especailly 4th gen. Plus, Mewtwo himself is just plain awesome.
I think mewtwo is an amazing character (in pokemon, not melee XD) that should have stayed in and been buffed too (although lucario is more amazing, IMO, steel wolf > psychic cat), but one of my biggest pet peeves is people that don't like newer generations just because they are blinded by nostalgia. Seriously, just look down the list of 1st gen pokemon. PRACTICALLY ALL OF THEM are directly based off animals or very basic shapes (mewtwo/pikachu are the exception, not the rule) I still like the first gen quite a bit, and some of my favorites still come from there, but the newer gens have much more original/interesting designs IMO (even though all gens have their highlights and embarrassments). I realize that you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't like people who go around bashing the newer gens for no reason at all. Do you even play the newer gens? Or did you just see a picture of bidoof *shudder* and almost get blinded by its ******** looking design? (I wear coats made from bidoofs) Sorry if you take offense to this, I'm not mad at you, I just get really annoyed sometimes

/rant

Wow, I get so flame-ish when I'm bored :ohwell: I'm complaining about more than just brawl now :(

I am so bad with johns it's not even funny.

gallax

Smash Hero
i think that since snake has come into play then what's gonna happen if people complain enough about, lets say, having master chief come in. or cloud? or Leon from resident evil? eventually, ho many characteres are gonna be included in the brawl series?

Meccs

@Meccs_
Oh yes, I play my Pearl and Diamond all the time. I own every Pokemon game to date (minus Crystal, and I only mean the RPGs), and I see where you're coming from. I mean, do I hate every new pokemon? nah, I just think 1st gen was the best (and you're right, it's pretty much from nostalgia), my favorite is Charmander. I like most of the G/S, too. but I just think many of the newer pokemon have gone downhill (and I can understand why, must be hard to come up with new Pokemon). Reason I don't really like the newer gens (R/S onward) is completely stupid Pokemon like Bidoof and Snover, for example. There are still cool ones, yes, but just not nearly as many.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
I think mewtwo is an amazing character (in pokemon, not melee XD) that should have stayed in and been buffed too (although lucario is more amazing, IMO, steel wolf > psychic cat), but one of my biggest pet peeves is people that don't like newer generations just because they are blinded by nostalgia. Seriously, just look down the list of 1st gen pokemon. PRACTICALLY ALL OF THEM are directly based off animals or very basic shapes (mewtwo/pikachu are the exception, not the rule) I still like the first gen quite a bit, and some of my favorites still come from there, but the newer gens have much more original/interesting designs IMO (even though all gens have their highlights and embarrassments). I realize that you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't like people who go around bashing the newer gens for no reason at all. Do you even play the newer gens? Or did you just see a picture of bidoof *shudder* and almost get blinded by its ******** looking design? (I wear coats made from bidoofs) Sorry if you take offense to this, I'm not mad at you, I just get really annoyed sometimes

/rant

Wow, I get so flame-ish when I'm bored :ohwell: I'm complaining about more than just brawl now :(

I am so bad with johns it's not even funny.
I have seen the new generation Pokemon, and I do not like what I see.
First off, the starters are actually less inventive than those of Generations 1+2. In the original we had one starter clearly recognizable as an everyday animal. In Diamond, we have a monkey, a penguin and a turtle. Furthermore, the designs are "interesting"...too interesting. I'm firmly convinced that the new Pokemon are the result of Nintendo tossing animals into the waste products of a nuclear reactor and seeing what came out. They're just not as good, or cool. And all the crap about how Pokemons created the universe really gets on my nerves sometimes. Another thing to be said for Generation 1; they didn't have any nonsense about pokemon making the world or crap like that. They just had Mewtwo and he was made by Team Rocket anyways.

Oh, and Mewtwo's more amazing than Lucario. (Genetically spliced Pokemon created from the most powerful one in existence > overgrown dog with dreadlocks. :laugh:) And Mewtwo was the original movie Pokemon. And they take that all out. I was glad to see Pokemon Trainer had the originals (would've rather seen a Charmander/Ivysaur/Blastoise lineup but this one was good) but I really don't like having Lucario in. In my opinion most of the Diamond/Pearl pokemon are sub-par compared to generation 1 and much of generation 2, and I don't like that.

My 2c.
Oh, and tripping is annoying. ;)

Browny

Smash Hater
Ive never really been THAT angry about tripping, but i know someone i played against today is.

he tripped as kirby, at 30%, into my Ike fsmash. I thought that was nothing but a myth. I ALMOST felt sorry for him, so i felt like relaying his post-match johns here :)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I have seen the new generation Pokemon, and I do not like what I see.
First off, the starters are actually less inventive than those of Generations 1+2...........................In my opinion most of the Diamond/Pearl pokemon are sub-par compared to generation 1 and much of generation 2, and I don't like that.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, I will say I do prefer the first gen starters to the 4th gen starters (although torterra looks bada** imo, the others are pretty gay looking) but that is just a small example. There's over a hundred more. Chikorita is my personal favorite starter. I like all the gens about the same really, it's not like I hate the first gen. I mean, I could start listing all the 4th gen pokemon that I think look awesome, but that wouldn't really prove anything as this is pretty much an opinion argument that isn't going anywhere. Besides, if you don't think lucario is awesome, it'd be no use.

Agi

Smash Lord
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, I will say I do prefer the first gen starters to the 4th gen starters (although torterra looks bada** imo, the others are pretty gay looking) but that is just a small example. There's over a hundred more. Chikorita is my personal favorite starter. I like all the gens about the same really, it's not like I hate the first gen. I mean, I could start listing all the 4th gen pokemon that I think look awesome, but that wouldn't really prove anything as this is pretty much an opinion argument that isn't going anywhere. Besides, if you don't think lucario is awesome, it'd be no use.
Drifloon, anyone? :laugh:

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Ive never really been THAT angry about tripping, but i know someone i played against today is.

he tripped as kirby, at 30%, into my Ike fsmash. I thought that was nothing but a myth. I ALMOST felt sorry for him, so i felt like relaying his post-match johns here :)
Lol, that's happened to me. Yeah, tripping ticks me off at times but it's something that can be looked over.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well... it's been a month or two since I last posted in here, and since then a number of my views have either changed or remained the same:

-I haven't been playing Brawl as often lately... And here's one reasoning for it: Characters were cut from the series, period. If anything, this is the #1 no-no in my book. Cutting characters = bad. Every character from Melee had some kind of fan base (I was personally fond of Dr. Mario and Mewtwo)... I know, you can't please everyone, and some sacrifices have to be made.
Mewtwo being cut is my #1 complaint, though. Such an awesome, powerful Pokemon, the ONLY original moveset character to be cut (just thinking of this has me fuming), and one of the most popular [Pokemon] to date, even today. He's definitely recognized amongst old-school gamers (we all should have realized by now just how much of an old-school gamer Sakurai is with adding Mr. Game & Watch, the Ice Climbers and R.O.B. in!), it surprised me to learn that Sakurai would cut such an old-school favorite. [My theory is that if Mewtwo had been in Brawl, there would have been the "too many Poke-reps" complaint. 4 Mario, 4 Zelda (technically)... 5 Pokemon? (Technically.) Which is probably why Doc was going to be added, to make the Mario rep 5, and Toon Zelda/Tetra added to make the Zelda-rep 5. Just what I think.]
...If anything, the #1 Brawl demotivator is the "insignificant" fact that Mewtwo's not on the roster. So insignificant... yet such great impact. I cannot tell you enough just how fumed I get thinking that Sakurai had him cut. He was far from the best fighter in Melee... and then they cut him. Sakurai doesn't give Mewtwo a chance to redeem himself. Now he's forever stuck with the title as one of the Smash series' worst fighters. It's such a pity... such a pity. A powerful, respected Pokemon now looked upon as so insignificant. I can't stand that.
...Meh... Hopefully this phase will soon pass... It's been lingering far too long for my tastes.

-Tripping at random. I could understand tripping on a banana peel or on ice, ha ha, very funny. But during the middle of battle, just out of nowhere? It's happened to me on plenty of occasions (a lot more often during Smash Ball chases around the stage), and it's highly frustrating. Not my idea of "fun"... Still have the same opinion on this.

-The Build-a-stage option is highly promising... Too bad there's so few blocks and such to work with (though I'm not really complaining). Too bad you can't add your own backgrounds, AT LEAST. Same opinion since last time.

-The names of some of the Subspace Emissary baddies... kind of sound like Pokemon names. Heh heh... "I caught you, Glice!"

-Online battles need a bit more touch-ups... If only there weren't so much lag. A few more options would be nice as well, but hey. Not bad for a first try via Wi-Fi. Opinion remains the same here.

-No custom soundtracks... Mehhh. I'm getting used to it. :p

-Items have huge gaps in helpfulness. They're either extremely powerful... or useless.

-The replacing of awesome, HELPFUL Pokemon such as Blastoise or Scizor with annoying or just plain cheap Munchlax, Bonsly, etc.

-Completely NERFING Samus. Wholly smokes. She was decent enough in Melee... Sure, not as much knockback as most characters, but it was bearable... Here? Her B-move has such less power than before, as do her missles... It's amazing. There are times I just use her for Smash Ball grabbing. At least her Final Smash makes up for most of her weaknesses. This opinion... unfortunately remains the same.

-Sonic is incredibly weak (knockback-wise)... I'm still adjusting to that.

-Yoshi's sound effects... still kind of bother me, but nowhere near as much.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
I complain that Ridley, Krystal, Lyndis/Micaiah, and Dixie didn't make it :( I'm so upset to see Zero Suit Samus in (a not as cool female as the girls I mentioned make it and not them)

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
slipping, gravity, how matches can only be recorded if it is under 3 minutes, how some characters got super tweaked since melee, and a very un even distribution of final smash quality (even tho ther only good 4 looks anyway).

other then that, great game!!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Krystal>Wolf

How big does the competitive community need to get before Nintendoo will focus on fewer items, less 1 player mode, more characters, more neutral stages, and better character balance?

Oh, we sell the game to casual players. They like items. Guess what, you know what makes me really want to get Halo? When i drive by a game store and they're having a Halo tournament. It makes me think "Man, Halo must be friggin awesome".

And tripping SUCKS. I'm glad it hasn't gotten me KOed in tournament yet.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I'm going to write up a few complaints about Brawl here...

In my opinion, Snake is too broken. Metaknight, I can stand. Snake, I cannot.

Also, the Pokemon color changes.... they're not shiny.

Sgt Isaac

Smash Cadet
I for one have never gotten that good at melee but there are still some things that really annoy me.

1. tripping randomly: I can handle tripping from getting hit by a dtilt, but the game just saying "lolz eat dirt" with no input from my opponent irks me.

2. General lack of depth. There seems to be a very low skill ceiling and I'm afraid the metagame will never truly evolve past the "snakes camping one side of battlefield".

3. completely imbalanced character roster. Here is what I think happened when they made snake:
Hideo Kojima: "hey Sakurai, I finished makin Snake for u"
*Hideo hands Sakurai a floppy disc with "SNAKE" written on it*
Sakurai: "Gee thanks, I'll just going to shove this in the game with no playtesting because I'm lazy like that! I'll see you later, I've got to go pick up more roids for all the characters from kirby games"

4.******** maps. Why can't we get a good DK stage? Jungle Japes is OK but the two new ones are complete crap.

5. CPU advantage. Let me tell you, Every time I died whilst playing on intense mode; It wasn't from well programmed AI. It was always because CPUs team up against me in free for alls, get good items to spawn by them, make bob-ombs spawn inside of my attacks (its happened more than once), pulled a judge 9 out of his *** at will, or simply read my button inputs to always perfect shield grab my attacks.

Safu

Smash Cadet
I for one have never gotten that good at melee but there are still some things that really annoy me.

1. tripping randomly: I can handle tripping from getting hit by a dtilt, but the game just saying "lolz eat dirt" with no input from my opponent irks me.

2. General lack of depth. There seems to be a very low skill ceiling and I'm afraid the metagame will never truly evolve past the "snakes camping one side of battlefield".

3. completely imbalanced character roster. Here is what I think happened when they made snake:
Hideo Kojima: "hey Sakurai, I finished makin Snake for u"
*Hideo hands Sakurai a floppy disc with "SNAKE" written on it*
Sakurai: "Gee thanks, I'll just going to shove this in the game with no playtesting because I'm lazy like that! I'll see you later, I've got to go pick up more roids for all the characters from kirby games"

4.******** maps. Why can't we get a good DK stage? Jungle Japes is OK but the two new ones are complete crap.

5. CPU advantage. Let me tell you, Every time I died whilst playing on intense mode; It wasn't from well programmed AI. It was always because CPUs team up against me in free for alls, get good items to spawn by them, make bob-ombs spawn inside of my attacks (its happened more than once), pulled a judge 9 out of his *** at will, or simply read my button inputs to always perfect shield grab my attacks.
Amen with reason 4 and 5 gahh cant stand getting double teamed by the cpus -_-
Now my complaints
1.the random wifi matches suck since its only 2 minutes u dont know who ur fighting against and takes forever to find someone.
2.I like the stage builder but if they couldave let u put stuff from other stages like armings from corneria etc.
Think of more later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom