• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
1. Lag from online.

2. Tripping. It happens on a random basis, and could cost you the match.

3. Snake and MK are way too broken, they are being overused, leaving the other characters in the dust.

4. Falcon sucks now. He's way too manly to suck this much.

5. Bowser Jr. isn't in the game.

StrayakaKraiz

Smash Rookie
Oh my goodness, I can't stand that tripping junk.
One time, playing boss battles on very hard, I tripped and rolled into the middle light-thing at 180% to end up fighting Tabuu.:mad:
I still had another Heart Container I was gonna use, too.:urg:

That's basically my main complaint, though

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
The computers also suck, now that I think about it. All level 9's do is airdodge every time you hit them. And they're smart(or stupid) enough to airdodge away from most aerials you throw at them.

Safu

Smash Cadet
Also cpus never let u grab them -_-' seriosly try using link or samus and youll miss almost every atempt.

Richard7

Smash Ace
A lot of people seem to be angry about the removal of "L canceling" and "Wave dashing". I'm not too angry about those being removed because I was never bothered to use (too much to think about when you use them in my opinion) them but in a way i'm happy they were removed because my bro used them and used to completely own me in melee.

I am pretty much happy with Brawl but here's what I don't like.

1. Random tripping over. I just CAN NOT understand why this was put in the game.

2. Horrible online system. Terrible lag, no names, can't change if its time/stock/coin (I don't think many people play coin matches but still) can't verse a specific player unless you share friend codes, sometimes computers in matches.

3. Snake. He's overpowered, most of his moves have INSANE range (and not to mention power) and mortar slide is just stupid.

4. Items. A shame that they must always be turned off, other wise you'll just get annoyed at how a 7 year old kid who's never played the game before can probably beat you.

5. Getting hit while shielding........ What the hell is that? It happens all the time.

6. Not being able to move your character for about half a second or so after turning big or turning small, or turning back to normal size.

7. Not enough good stages. The only good stages I can think of are Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville and maybe the new Yoshi stage. The rest have hazards or are just made stupid, like the new Starfox stage, it tilts which can change what happens in a competitive match. Even Final Destination has its problems, the edges that get you killed are annoying. The edges in question can be seen here.

8. The direction / knockback from grabs aren't always the same.

9. About half the time you jump on someones head while they're in the air, they don't get the effect of not being able to move for a little while.

From this list it makes it look like i hate brawl, but those are the things i'm not happy with.

Tenki

Smash Hero
2. Horrible online system. Terrible lag, no names, can't verse a specific player unless you share friend codes, sometimes computers in matches.

3. Snake. He's overpowered, most of his moves have INSANE range (and not to mention power) and mortar slide is just stupid.

5. Getting hit while shielding........ What the hell is that? It happens all the time.

7. Not enough good stages. The only good stages I can think of are Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville and maybe the new Yoshi stage. The rest have hazards or are just made stupid, like the new Starfox stage, it tilts which can change what happens in a competitive match. Even Final Destination has its problems, the edges that get you killed are annoying. The edges in question can be seen here.

8. The direction / knockback from grabs aren't always the same.

9. About half the time you jump on someones head while they're in the air, they don't get the effect of not being able to move for a little while.

From this list it makes it look like i hate brawl, but those are the things i'm not happy with.

2. Internet solves that. Online matchmaking > With Anyone.
3. Metaknight.
5. No. Try tilting your shield. You're getting shield poked. Otherwise, dodge.
7. Change your recovery area then. There are some characters that actually take advantage of that lip for recovery.
8. Have you ever heard of... DI?
9. It only stuns them if they're in an idle state, like normal jump, double jump, free fall states (post-up-B), standing, running, or walking.

Richard7

Smash Ace
Of course I know what DI is. I guess I never tested if DI effects the direction from grabs, I don't think it does, but I could be wrong. I don't quite understand your response to number 2, but I can tell you now, I did an online match between me and a friend who doesn't live very far and there was still some pretty bad lag. And please don't say that its because my internet speed is slow because I know we both have fast internet. The fact that this "shield poke" exists is stupid. There are improvements that could be made for Brawl, but Nintendo still did ok even though they're into the whole mainstream thing now.

Jokes_On_You

Smash Rookie
I want to complain about...
the lies being spred on SMYN. I suscribed to Netflix, and I was NOT greeted by a cowboy-elephant that goes Bruuuum when it hands me a movie. lol

_Kamikaze

Smash Cadet
Sore losers are all gay. Seriously, they piss me off to no end. There's like different types of them. First, there's the type that just plain get angry of course. Then there's the the type that REALLY piss me off. The ones that think they're better than you even if you own them 10 times in a row. For example "You suck. You're horrible at this game because you keep using (insert character here)"

They all suck.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
:050: Diglett should of been a pokemon in the game. He could dig wholes and if you go into one you will get stuck as if you were hit by pitfall

Conker315

Smash Lord
ok so he only digs hole what else could he do?
jump?
i think not
how could he grab also
he has no hands
i doubt its with his small mouth
and actually does he even have 1??
dream on m8

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
heres something that should be said...

conker's sig and avatar are awesome, i want them now.

also, the lack of range power and priority in the whole of sonic as a character really upsets me

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Grabbing the ledge to gimp someone is a lot less satisfying in Brawl, since the stage does it for you 90% of the time.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I got some.

The inability to break the "Boss Battles on Intense" challenge with a Golden Hammer... Dude, what were you thinking Sakurai?

The challenges where you got to beat target smashes in a low time. I only managed to do the first target smash with Fox... The rest is just frikkin' impossible without knowing just how to throw the items so that they hits, and without slipping up.

The fact that CDs disappear as fast as they appear. Especially annoying if you are in the middle of a immobile stage, etc while King Dedede is using his Final Smash, and even more annoying if it is just right next to you! Would it have hurt to make CDs last just as long as normal items?

Roihu

Smash Ace
Only complaint is that you can only record 3 minute matches and that the computers aren't more intelligent in regular Brawls like they are in SSE Intense. (Unless of course, they have a handicap I'm ignoring)

Conker315

Smash Lord
wow i really didnt know the record thing only could go to 3 minutes
but its likely that ure facing someone good and the match finishes quickly

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
i have one everyone despises... TRIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakurai: hey everyone! i just thought of a great new feature, tripping!

it is so annoying when you go for and F-air to kill some one, by then you trip, and die.

i also don't like the floatiness of characters, or the actual speed of the game. and that you can only record 3 minute matches...

there is a lot they could have improved on

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I tripped while constantly killing myself while Snake's codec was active. Since I kept killing myself, Roy kept saying "Snake!? Snake do you copy!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!"

dowingba

Smash Rookie
The AI is really annoying. They really do only target the humans, unless the human happens to be invincible or something. If a Falco AI is using his final smash, and I jump off the stage and commit suicide, he will follow me off the stage and kill himself.

At least it makes them harder, as fighting against 3 AIs is basically like fighting a 1 vs 3 team match with team damage turned on.

And all the gripes about the AIs would be moot if the online didn't suck so much.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I hate that snake is almost invinceable. HIS WEAK ATTACKS ARE STRONG! COME ON! If there is a new super smash bros and snake returns, They have to seriously nerf him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom