• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GofG

Smash Champion
Does something about Brawl disappoint you? Do you want to vent about it? Well, we've been getting a surge of topics including many complaints about different aspects of Brawl, so instead of having the board continue to be 1/2 complaining topics, we can just have this thread. And you can also use this thread if you want to complain about the complainers. So complain your hearts out in this thread, people.

I personally only have 2 complaints about Brawl so far. The first is the lack of alternate costumes, which I think was a very highly requsted feature. The second is IF slipping is truly random, then that would have to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a single game developer.

And thats all I have to complain about. Everything else about this game is simply legendary, and I still think its going to be one of the best Nintendo games of all time.
Why hasn't SamuraiPanda edited the OP yet?

Warioware

Smash Rookie
I am here to complain about.... getting KO'd spawning and landing then getting hit by ike's Forward smash A then dying again in one hit on Final destination -_- and the only reason I got hit was lag kicked in and froze the game making it ignore my dodge :x

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im here to complain about people that think items should be used in a competitive environment where money is on the line
any time besides that items are fine, just dont use them to determine who has more mastery over all the different aspects of the game

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Single player mostly upgrades of melee's (I include SSE in that) and even downgrades (Target test, Classic, All Star).
Masterpieces are a waste of space
Extremely lame shoot the credits.
Loading Times are ridiculous.
Arbitrary limiting of replays and stage builder
Removal of Bonuses/Bonus Melee
Stage Builder very lame
Average to poor Stages (nothing that amazed me like Fourside or Great Bay in melee)
Mushroomy Kingdom (i get the joke, but why sacrifice some perfectly good nostalgia)
Poor choice of melee stages (why both pokemon stadiums and why no fourside)
No SSB64 stages (mushroom kingdom, hyrule castle and saffron city would have been nice additions)
Unimpressive Menus
Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are a bit disappointing
Good items were removed (parasol, flipper, barrel cannon) for no apparent reason
Classic Mode was disgustingly bad (2 target tests, wtf)
Music was pretty well handled, but some poor choices stuck out like a sore thumb
The fact that you could unlock every single character in SSE
Removal of things like Unique victory themes for all the characters, which would have made the game seem more polished
Online may as well not be there
Surely it's harder to add friend codes than not to add friend codes to online
AI flawed
The lack of surprises in the actual game due to the dojo (i thought they were only scratching the surface, guess I was wrong). Imagine unlocking sonic or olimar without expecting them to be in the game.
The fact that no attempt was made to give ganondorf or luigi an original moveset.
Graphics are only slightly better than melee (I don't usually care about graphics, but this annoyed me)
And don't even get me started on the game mechanics

Overall, I expected alot more than what I got.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Blast-it!

I was posting a massive list of music in the 'Original Brawl Music' thread in the quick reply section, but as I posted it, my file logged out, without warning! Typically, it would state that you would need to re-type your username and password to log back on, not this time. Sigh, I had 21 songs listed with the Brawl remake and original, I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Another funny thing happened just 2 days ago. When I clicked the 'remember me' status, then tried to log out, my profile wasn't logged out. After this, I tried another computer to log into, hoping that I could remove the status from my original computer. Well, both computers had access to my file. I posted from both computers, quite a weird scenario...

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination! Why must a stage that is so boring be so overused? Even in friendlies?

The subspace emissary isn't what I hoped for. Granted, its more than the stories of the other smash games, but come on?

WTFH, where are is Roy and Mewtwo? Sure, I don't have a problem with Ike or Lucario, but they're not the same.

Finally, I have to say that the stage builder seems to be lacking a bit. Its great that we even have it at all, but I would have liked some more decorative options.

And with all of that said, LONG LIVE SMASH BROS!

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I really think the Stage Builer feature should have been more... detailed. There should have been more than only two added set of pieces. And they also should have added more backgrounds and sizes.

Another complaint I have is that SSBB supports camping and spamming too much. Some characters such as Pit (No Offence To Pit Players) were basically BUILT on spamming and camping. And to be honest, a camper and spammer can actually beat someone with a much higher skill level. I've actually been beat a Pikachu spammer. :ohwell: D-Smash + Down-B + Neutral-B = MAJOR SPAM. :(

Last complaint. :) Small problem here, but annoying indeed. I hate how I have to set up the rules again whenever I turn on my Wii to play SSBB. I've heard others complain about this too, so I know I'm not alone when I say that they should've allowed you to make some sort of permanent rules selection.

Arek

Smash Rookie
Alright before this tread becomes another brawl hater thread, id like to say that I personally liked melee first. I bought the game in the midnight release at a local mall with a friend and some new ones. I thought that brawl would be everything i thought it would be in the trailers. I went to another friend's house and played adventure mode till 5 a.m. We both came to the decision that melee was better and i had second thoughts about the game in my bag as i walked home with my brother in the foggy streets in my neighborhood.

The smash community was a union in the transition from N64 to Melee, but now Brawl severed us.

Now for one thing ill admit that melee is more fast paced for kill wise which leads to more and more people to become pros and eventually lead to some of the most memorable people that acquired god like skills with the most "crappy" characters and changed most of our opinions on the supposed "lower tier" people if anyone cares about tiers. Personally i thought melee flowed better to utilize combos and punish my enemies and to meet THEIR DEMISE AND THEIR DOOM with peach. lol. :laugh:

NOW THAT WAS ME FIRST THOUGHT

I managed to adapt to the "ridged" controls if you know what i mean. This is what i first acquired. My experience to brawl and what i gained came in separate bundles as is I had an epiphany or realization as i gave brawl a chance. As i played more often, i soon acquired the ability to substitute the melee R-canceling with the Land-canceling. This boosted my moral for brawl greatly along with "smoothing" out the ability to combo on the foe and make game play faster paced which was a huge break though.

I bet what most players disliked was the nerfing of their favorite characters. Ill admit that peach's D-smash sucks in brawl ( sorry i like the floaty light weight characters) but this opened a few opportunities for characters that are the heavy-weight, slower characters (with crappy recovery) such as Ike. R-canceling and WAVEDASHING was a big deal for the community. I see on these forums that nerfing and removing dashing are the major foundations of the brawl neigh-sayers. All im going to say about this matter is that to SUCK IT UP AND STOP CRYING ABOUT IT!!!! I see R-canceling and wavedashing as a glitch in the game that most players took advantage over the producers and noobs to punish on. Brawl advocates have found ways to replace those aspects lost during the transitions between games. n'uff said.

What really makes me ANGRY is when a brawl neigh-sayer says they hate that the trailers, character additions, smash balls and other menial things. JUST DONT MIND THE TRAILERS. a crappy game will get good sales if the trailers are good (and vise versa). this applies to all games in the market. As for the smash balls TURN YOUR ITEMS OFF!!! or DONT PLAY THE CHARACTER YOU DONT LIKE!!!!

What got me to "convert" to a brawl advocate is that i gave the game a chance and spent time with "melee's young brother". I replaced the things i lost in the last generation with new skills and new characters. Sorry if that was a little long:lick:

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Alright before this tread becomes another brawl hater thread, id like to say that I personally liked melee first. I bought the game in the midnight release at a local mall with a friend and some new ones. I thought that brawl would be everything i thought it would be in the trailers. I went to another friend's house and played adventure mode till 5 a.m. We both came to the decision that melee was better and i had second thoughts about the game in my bag as i walked home with my brother in the foggy streets in my neighborhood.

The smash community was a union in the transition from N64 to Melee, but now Brawl severed us.

Now for one thing ill admit that melee is more fast paced for kill wise which leads to more and more people to become pros and eventually lead to some of the most memorable people that acquired god like skills with the most "crappy" characters and changed most of our opinions on the supposed "lower tier" people if anyone cares about tiers. Personally i thought melee flowed better to utilize combos and punish my enemies and to meet THEIR DEMISE AND THEIR DOOM with peach. lol. :laugh:

NOW THAT WAS ME FIRST THOUGHT

I managed to adapt to the "ridged" controls if you know what i mean. This is what i first acquired. My experience to brawl and what i gained came in separate bundles as is I had an epiphany or realization as i gave brawl a chance. As i played more often, i soon acquired the ability to substitute the melee R-canceling with the Land-canceling. This boosted my moral for brawl greatly along with "smoothing" out the ability to combo on the foe and make game play faster paced which was a huge break though.

I bet what most players disliked was the nerfing of their favorite characters. Ill admit that peach's D-smash sucks in brawl ( sorry i like the floaty light weight characters) but this opened a few opportunities for characters that are the heavy-weight, slower characters (with crappy recovery) such as Ike. R-canceling and WAVEDASHING was a big deal for the community. I see on these forums that nerfing and removing dashing are the major foundations of the brawl neigh-sayers. All im going to say about this matter is that to SUCK IT UP AND STOP CRYING ABOUT IT!!!! I see R-canceling and wavedashing as a glitch in the game that most players took advantage over the producers and noobs to punish on. Brawl advocates have found ways to replace those aspects lost during the transitions between games. n'uff said.

What really makes me ANGRY is when a brawl neigh-sayer says they hate that the trailers, character additions, smash balls and other menial things. JUST DONT MIND THE TRAILERS. a crappy game will get good sales if the trailers are good (and vise versa). this applies to all games in the market. As for the smash balls TURN YOUR ITEMS OFF!!! or DONT PLAY THE CHARACTER YOU DONT LIKE!!!!

What got me to "convert" to a brawl advocate is that i gave the game a chance and spent time with "melee's young brother". I replaced the things i lost in the last generation with new skills and new characters. Sorry if that was a little long:lick:
why do 08's still post... jesus...

yamas11

Smash Cadet
I held this in for a while, but now I'm going to say how I feel. Sakurai is just a selfish man. When he said there would be balance, I was hoping for balance. But then after seeing Snake and Meta Knight became top and couldn't be stopped by anyone, I was crushed.

I grew up with many classic games when I was little. I grew up with Mario games, Zelda games, Sonic games, and many more. It makes me sick to see that my favorite classic characters like Mario, Link, and Sonic can't even compete agaisnt Meta Knight. Meta Knight, who wasn't even there from the start. He's not even the main character of the series. And Snake is a cool guy, but really, having him be so much better than Nintendo classics, and Sonic, who's the mascot of Sega and a major fanbase with that? Sakurai should have thought about the memories that these characters held, but instead, he just cared about his villian being good and his friend's character being good. He made big time villians like Bowser and Ganondorf a joke to fight against compared to the others, while making sure that King DDD remains powerful and usable.

Sakurai is a jerk.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Now that you mention it, intentionally scewing the tiers into a logical manner according to how powerful each character was in their respective games would have made Smash Bros. very interesting.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
I hate seeing threads made about how melee will never die, melee > brawl, etc in melee discussion. I mean, it was ok in like, the first few weeks or so when brawl came out, but come on. People are over doing it now.

Ryguy24

Smash Rookie
seriosly why do people have a complaint thread. Why make posts about the bad things in a game, all of the people here are just talking about the bad parts of the game. Why not talki about some good parts 2? Like how there is alot more characters and balance in this compared to melee. This has become rediculis.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
seriosly why do people have a complaint thread. Why make posts about the bad things in a game, all of the people here are just talking about the bad parts of the game. Why not talki about some good parts 2? Like how there is alot more characters and balance in this compared to melee. This has become rediculis.
1.) There have been so many threads about complaints about the game, the moderators found it appropriate to give an 'official' thread about all complaints. There were so many individual complaint threads in the GBD (figures), a solution (or so it seems) would be to create an official complaint thread, for those who just want to release some steam.

2.) There's plenty of 'good parts' in Brawl, but we don't have an official thread for that because we already know the aspects that are pleasing to almost everyone. What someone sees as positive, another individual might think of it as a negative.

3.) I could 'special summon' (Yu-gi-oh reference FT?) plenty of of other users that would disagree that Brawl is more balanced than Melee. More characters =/= more balance. The high-tiers in Melee were outstanding, but had counters and could be defeated by those who are familiar to the competative scene. In Brawl, it is extremely difficult to defeat Snake and MK on a competative standard, as most characters have a drastic disadvantage between the two.

4.) Please, work on your grammar.

5.) Welcome to Smashboards.

Complaint today, the addition of Charge! (Wii Play)

Tenki

Smash Hero
..! I FOUND A NEW TECHNlQUE!

hi, im new 2 da boards!
i dont see dis technique on the front page or nething, so im pretty sure its a new technique.

ok here's how u do it.
u shild. den u press down. u hav to pres it fast so u do the slide dodge (u stay in place if u do it correclty!)
now heres da part were it gets hard.
u have to hold [back] before u finish the dodge, then as soon as it ends, press [forward]!
if u do it right, u will turn around a full circle while sliding forward like u wavdash!!

video 1 showing a pro hwo 2 do it, also wit instructions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS_EMH6IhhU&feature=related

PS, if no1 can cclaim dis technique, i wud like to call it Tenki step. Or Tornado Step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vUpkV2mak @ 2:40 - Pit/Ganondorf's "Super Slide Step", which can be done in a less flashy manner by quite a bit of the roster.

arggghh @ lurkers/newbies/asd;f;lkjnosearch people/people who assume they're actually finding new techniques.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Why isn't there a Melee complaint thread?

Spam guard:
No Phoenix Wright, or Capcom representation for that matter.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
because the game has been out for like...7 years already? :Z

And the responses to the topic (being that it is on the melee boards at a time like this) would be along the lines of melee is perfect, etc.

Skwerlly

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight haters bug the **** out of me.

On a related note, My little brother kicked my wii after I avoided his dragoon with MK's infinite cape glitch.

Puffy

Smash Cadet

And the responses to the topic (being that it is on the melee boards at a time like this) would be along the lines of melee is perfect, etc.
Everyone knows that isn't true. =/

I can still find a bunch of things to complain about <_<

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Because only the Melee lovers would go there, and complain about a thread being made for people to complain in. The Brawl lovers wouldn't touch it, as the second they even go near it, they'll be assaulted.

HoChiMihnTrail: Don't act like a moron. Are you saying my opinion somehow doesn't matter?

As for my complaints about Brawl, why did they have to make everything so floaty? Combos are ridiculously situational now. Also, they removed half the ATs, which was just plain wrong.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
As for my complaints about Brawl, why did they have to make everything so floaty? Combos are ridiculously situational now. Also, they removed half the ATs, which was just plain wrong.
You do know that Sakurai went out of his way to remove any competative-based techs from Melee to Brawl, impamenting random occurances, and create a metagame that is vastly inferior competative-wise to Melee? He even supposably delayed Brawl to modify the E for All version of Brawl from the current Brawl.

Sakurai views Melee a mistake, his mistake was his greatest achievment in my opinion.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
You do know that Sakurai went out of his way to remove any competative-based techs from Melee to Brawl, impamenting random occurances, and create a metagame that is vastly inferior competative-wise to Melee?
Yes, I know that without the aid of a random person I've never met online.

He even supposably delayed Brawl to modify the E for All version of Brawl from the current Brawl.
Random speculation.

Sakurai views Melee a mistake, his mistake was his greatest achievment in my opinion.
Yep, there's the important part. I agree with that last sentence, but it's my opinion, not the masses.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
There are two characters at the moment that make my Brawl experience very unenjoyable: Metaknight and Dedede. At this point, I'm wishing that Kirby was the lone representative for his series again.

It's rather upsetting to see Sakurai be so biased when it comes to his own characters. Ignoring the SSE (a.k.a Kirby game) I just have to wonder how Sakurai could let his bias cloud his vision, ignoring the obvious wrongs with Metaknight and Dedede. I've been quite supportive of him the past few months, but now that I see how lame these two characters are, I have to say that I'm also hoping for a new director for the next Smash game. Either that, or more people should be involved in looking over the character balance, not just Sakurai.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
-Low skill players always choosing high tier characters.
-Lack of online options.
-There should of been a system like there is in Mario Kart.
-Snakes taunts all look similar
-Toon Links taunts need to be changed
-Clone final smashes. (TL and L, Starfox team, Sheik and Zelda)
-Some characters are still too similar in my opinion.
-Some Final Smashes are just so much better than others. (Giga Jiggly compared to Zero Laser is an example)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, the simple answer is that there isn't a problem there with people making threads complaining about it.

Go ahead and make one in the melee boards if you want. I doubt you'll get many complaints. You'll probably be flamed a lot and get a lot of "no complaints". If there are any complaints, they will probably be aimed towards fine points of gameplay, and not the nooby "Master Chief didn't get in..." (etc) responses that you see here

Why not talk about some good parts 2? Like how there is alot more characters and balance in this compared to melee.
lol

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Online could have been better,it seems so...restricted,even with friend codes.
LANDMASTER,LANDMASTER,LANDMASTER
Instead of characters that we would have liked.we got ROB...
...dun

Also,lol @ people saying Dojo Spoiled things,you choose to look at the site!

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Because only the Melee lovers would go there, and complain about a thread being made for people to complain in. The Brawl lovers wouldn't touch it, as the second they even go near it, they'll be assaulted.

HoChiMihnTrail: Don't act like a moron. Are you saying my opinion somehow doesn't matter?

Sadly you are bunched in with the majority of noob *** 08 posters... jesus do you read these posts? The reason the melee complaint thread wouldnt work is because all the better brawl players are good melee players... and we see through nub *** posts and destroy them :). That is why a person who only plays brawl and was terrible at melee... really has no business posting.. because they are going to get flamed for their ignorance.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
double post :p

take this pos post for example...

good parts of the game?

more characters and more balance than melee.... are you ****ing joking me...
yet another 08 nub posting bull**** lol.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Uhh how about this is the 4th time in a row that Link is destined for bottom/low tier.

Ssb- Bottom of bottom
Ssbm- Top of low
Ssbb- Either bottom or low (most likely low)
Sc2- Bottom of bottom? ( I think <.< but i heard he was in bottom)

Why can't Link be /middle high/top tier for once? They could give him jump attack for his aireal B^ and spin attack( with better range and knockback) for his grounded B^

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Final Destination! Why must a stage that is so boring be so overused? Even in friendlies?
1) How is that a complaint about Brawl? Final Destination has been around since Melee and was more popular then without the recovery-gimping ledges anyways.

2) It's not boring. Just because it doesn't have lasers, stage flipping, stage scrolling, bombs flying from the background etc. doesn't make it boring. In any case, it's your opinion that it's boring. Most people would disagree.

3) It's so "overused" even in friendlies because it's a good stage. It's basic, it's simple, and it's not gimmick-ridden.

Well, you "bet" wrong. I hate that Samus was nerfed, yes. However, I didn't start maining Samus until a week or so before I stopped playing the game regularly (because I was testing characters, switching from character to character of about 14 trying to find my main, despite the fact that I mained Samus in Melee).

People complain about wavedashing because those who used it regularly in Melee were probably adapted to the playstyle, to moving around using that. Imagine if they removed Meteor Smashes. Now, it's not necessary, but people who use them frequently will be totally thrown off. They use their dair only to have it hardly send the opponent downwards at all, and it'll take a while to adapt to that. Wavedashing would be even more detrimental to have removed.
Also, probably the bigger reason is the principle behind the removal. WHY WAS Wavedashing removed? Sakurai knew it existed before Melee was released, and left it in. Why would he remove it? Take a wild guess. What changed between before Melee was released and after? The competitive community started up and wavedashing was discovered and used in the competitive community. Sakurai saw that people were actually using it for something, something COMPETITIVE to boot, so clearly he'd want to remove it.

"Neigh-sayers". What, we're horses now? You mean "NAY-sayers".

You really sound like a typical '08 Brawl noob. (I realize I'm an '08er, I'm just saying that you're one of those guys that make all of the '07ers and earlier hate '08ers) First of all, you called it "R-Cancelling". You lose so much credit for that. It's L-Cancelling. Lag cancelling.

You call it a glitch, again, fail. It's not a glitch. It might've been unintentional, but it's not like someone fell into a wall. Wavedashing is not a glitch, it's just a manipulation of the physics.
I really hate when people say that Melee is just full of glitches, or it's a muscle-memory game. Honestly, shut up. You tell us to suck it up about Brawl, suck it up about Melee. It's not a glitch, it's not just "muscle-memory".

Oh, I'm really sorry. We're not allowed to complain about things now? We're not hating Brawl just for those, we hate them. I've not heard the trailer complaint, but let me tell you; people AREN'T playing with the characters they don't like. People ARE playing with items off. We're still allowed to hate them, sorry our opinions differed from yours and offended you...

I gave the game a chance for 2 freakin' months. I didn't just say "Oh, I played it for 5 hours, time to give up now!"
And you're right, Brawl is Melee's younger brother. And just like most younger brother it's an annoying pain in the ***.

Now that you mention it, intentionally scewing the tiers into a logical manner according to how powerful each character was in their respective games would have made Smash Bros. very interesting.
No one asked for that. But the fact that evil villains suck is just stupid. There's a fine line between being playable and completely sucking.

I hate seeing threads made about how melee will never die, melee > brawl, etc in melee discussion. I mean, it was ok in like, the first few weeks or so when brawl came out, but come on. People are over doing it now.
It's in the MELEE DISCUSSION! Why the hell do you care? Why are you going to visit there if you're just going to ***** and moan about the Melee community? You're upset that people don't want Melee to die? I'd imagine you loved Melee before Brawl came out, right? Are you honestly going to say that, despite the fact that Melee was a great game, a new game is out now so we're just going to dump it and forget about it?
And unfortunately, your wish is coming true. Melee is dying. Happy?

Uh...because if you hate something about something, most people like to rant and vent and get out their anger instead of storing it inside because it might possibly offend people who like the game.
And honestly, I hate Brawl and can't even enjoy the good points of the game. The only one I can appreciate is the music, the only nearly-flawless part about the game in my opinion.

Because you're TOTALLY NOT doing that to us right now, right?
Shut up, you don't know what you're talking about, you're just mindlessly saying "people who like Melee are idiots who won't admit any flaws". Look, Melee has flaws, no one denies that. But I don't think you'd point out any reasonable flaws, just "ZOMG IT HAS WAVEDASHING" or "ZOMG IT'S TOO COMPETITIVE AND IT'S ALL MUSCLE-MEMORY!"

Sakurai views Melee a mistake
And THAT is why Sakurai is an idiot.

I'm going to go punch a hole in a wall now. I've never met such an aggravating group of people.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
my only complaint is the SSE. All these generic enemies trying to gangrape you... ugh.

the bosses are cool though...

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Where do wo start with the complaints...

No Wave-dashing, L-canceling, etc... - It's what seperates the competetive from the scrubs. And that it's gone now, it just makes it too easy to have the scrubs thinking that they're ready for M2K or Ken-leveled opponents. It gets the noobs cocky and things of that sort. Oh well, more money and practice for the people that are ACTUALLY good.

No combos - There's not enough hitstun for it. WTF was Sakurai thinking? That's why people make "combo" videos. Ugh, no more entertainment for me. Now it's more like the POkemon series, I hit you, then you hit me. Boring.

Nerfs/Buffs - It happens with every sequel; Some become better, some become sucky. Like CF and Samus for example; I was a Samus main in Melee, so I know how you feel.
Sure, Fox and company deserved SOME nerfs, but not to the point of going to the bottom of the ranks. So now you have to play almost an entirely different playstyle if you want to keep your main. But, not to sound like '08, Brawl has like, 39 characters. I'm sure you'll find a character you like.

Stages/Stage Builder - I know FD isn't what it used to be. I know there isn't Kirby's Dream Land from N64. I want the stages like they were in Melee. But not all of them. Battlefield now doesn't have that super-lip. But, that is what the stage builder is for, right? Not exactly. You only have around 25 pieces to choose from, and in my opinion, I don't think that's enough. Some pieces take up too much space as well. Lame.

Online - Lag, laggy lag, lag, lag. There's too much of it. And there's the Play with anyone feature. I'll go and apply myself and anyone into Nintendo to monitor the next SSB installment if they one if I see another scrubby Ike or someone of great talent of this game loses to some 6-year old due to lag. Of course, I can't really do that, but you get the point. Make us pay for a good online service instead giving us free crap. Unless if everyone in Smashboards were to live in the same apartment building, I don't think online will be popular for too long. I do play it, though as it is better than nothing. But I just taunt until the 2 minutes are up.

Personally, I think Brawl's only good points are that there's more characters and has a better adventure mode. Brawl's good, but Melee is SOOO MUCH BETTER.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Where do wo start with the complaints...

No Wave-dashing, L-canceling, etc... - It's what seperates the competetive from the scrubs. And that it's gone now, it just makes it too easy to have the scrubs thinking that they're ready for M2K or Ken-leveled opponents. It gets the noobs cocky and things of that sort. Oh well, more money and practice for the people that are ACTUALLY good.

No combos - There's not enough hitstun for it. WTF was Sakurai thinking? That's why people make "combo" videos. Ugh, no more entertainment for me. Now it's more like the POkemon series, I hit you, then you hit me. Boring.
Agreed on these, but I do resent the unfavorable comparison to Pokemon. For one thing, that's all turn-based RPGs, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc. For another thing, Pokemon is awesome, and a LOT more strategic than Brawl. And it's not really boring if you ask me. Just, not fit for a fighting game.

Nerfs/Buffs - It happens with every sequel; Some become better, some become sucky. Like CF and Samus for example; I was a Samus main in Melee, so I know how you feel.
Sure, Fox and company deserved SOME nerfs, but not to the point of going to the bottom of the ranks. So now you have to play almost an entirely different playstyle if you want to keep your main. But, not to sound like '08, Brawl has like, 39 characters. I'm sure you'll find a character you like.
Unfortunately the only character I really, truly like is still Samus. And the nerfing was unfair, and that was a pretty big nerf. Sakurai had to realize what he was doing when he did that.

Stages/Stage Builder - I know FD isn't what it used to be. I know there isn't Kirby's Dream Land from N64. I want the stages like they were in Melee. But not all of them. Battlefield now doesn't have that super-lip. But, that is what the stage builder is for, right? Not exactly. You only have around 25 pieces to choose from, and in my opinion, I don't think that's enough. Some pieces take up too much space as well. Lame.
Yep, agreed. That's why I'm thankful for the Ocarina -- unlimited pieces, overlapping one piece over another (so those trees and such are actually useable now!), even going over the edge of the pallette AND using the character modifier you can test stages with anyone you want.
Still, there's problems that can't be fixed. The lack of any good backgrounds or interestingly designed pieces is bull. While Custom Stages are a blast to play on, I'd rather play on a SSB64 stage than those look-alike stages (in some cases, I truly would...lookin' at you, Hyrule Castle and Saffron City). How hard could it've been to dump the other backgrounds in there? Or a few interesting blocks or effects? My only hope is that it's possible to hack other backgrounds and whatnot in there. Honestly, there were so many possibilities and it seems like they limited us for the hell of it.

Online - Lag, laggy lag, lag, lag. There's too much of it. And there's the Play with anyone feature. I'll go and apply myself and anyone into Nintendo to monitor the next SSB installment if they one if I see another scrubby Ike or someone of great talent of this game loses to some 6-year old due to lag. Of course, I can't really do that, but you get the point. Make us pay for a good online service instead giving us free crap. Unless if everyone in Smashboards were to live in the same apartment building, I don't think online will be popular for too long. I do play it, though as it is better than nothing. But I just taunt until the 2 minutes are up.

Personally, I think Brawl's only good points are that there's more characters and has a better adventure mode. Brawl's good, but Melee is SOOO MUCH BETTER.
Yeah, taunt parties win.

And actually, despite the fact that the SSE is good, I enjoyed Melee's Adventure Mode a lot. I wish they had at least had something like that in addition to the SSE, something you can run through quickly instead of something that takes 8 hours.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Agreed on these, but I do resent the unfavorable comparison to Pokemon. For one thing, that's all turn-based RPGs, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc. For another thing, Pokemon is awesome, and a LOT more strategic than Brawl. And it's not really boring if you ask me. Just, not fit for a fighting game.

What I meant was that combos are THAT nonexistant. Only thing that could come close are the one-two combos like DK's headbutt to whatever

Unfortunately the only character I really, truly like is still Samus. And the nerfing was unfair, and that was a pretty big nerf. Sakurai had to realize what he was doing when he did that.

So very true...

Yep, agreed. That's why I'm thankful for the Ocarina -- unlimited pieces, overlapping one piece over another (so those trees and such are actually useable now!), even going over the edge of the pallette AND using the character modifier you can test stages with anyone you want.
Still, there's problems that can't be fixed. The lack of any good backgrounds or interestingly designed pieces is bull. While Custom Stages are a blast to play on, I'd rather play on a SSB64 stage than those look-alike stages (in some cases, I truly would...lookin' at you, Hyrule Castle and Saffron City). How hard could it've been to dump the other backgrounds in there? Or a few interesting blocks or effects? My only hope is that it's possible to hack other backgrounds and whatnot in there. Honestly, there were so many possibilities and it seems like they limited us for the hell of it.

An idea I had is that you could access a library of pieces over WiFi and you choose what pieces you want from it. But you could only keep up to 50 or so.

Yeah, taunt parties win. Taunt parties DO win.

And actually, despite the fact that the SSE is good, I enjoyed Melee's Adventure Mode a lot. I wish they had at least had something like that in addition to the SSE, something you can run through quickly instead of something that takes 8 hours.

That would be super nice.
10reasonstoriponbrawl

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
^I know where that leads to

If i could hack the background for stage builder in my
brawl, i would add the ones from smash 64. That would
be better the the current three we have.
(why did stage builder have to be so limited anyways)

I miss the adventure mode in melee mostly becuase
there are no more Redeads. It sucks how only mario
has koopas and gooba. i would have liked Subspace a
lot better if more enemy representation from other
games istead of just those space bugs and robs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom