• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
10reasonstoriponbrawl
1. Yeah, I figured you probably weren't making a desparaging remark against Pokemon, I just wanted to confirm you weren't.

2. The Stage Builder pieces idea is good.

I miss the adventure mode in melee mostly becuase
there are no more Redeads. It sucks how only mario
has koopas and gooba. i would have liked Subspace a
lot better if more enemy representation from other
games istead of just those space bugs and robs.
This is an extremely good point. That's one of the reasons the SSE was so annoying. You saw Koopas, Goombas and Paratroopas, Ridley, Meta Ridley, Rayquaza, Petey Piranha, Master Hand, and Crazy Hand. (Oh, and ROB) The rest of the SSE was purely SSE. I don't want to see Glices, Glunders, Duon, and all of those other things. What happened to ReDeads, Octoroks, and the like? They could've made some of those Samus levels so much more epic had they had a Metroid-infested area (think Tourian or Phazon Metroid labs). There are other enemies I won't even bother with, but the point is that it had potential and 90% of it was filled with these weird creatures. The whole point of Smash Bros is NOT to be original, that's not why people play it. They play it for the gathering of Nintendo characters. No offense to Bucculus and Primids and all of those guys, but they're totally original, Smash Bros exclusive guys. Master/Crazy Hand are also, but they're different. The SSE was BUILT on those enemies. And it's massive.
Come to think of it, I think that's why I didn't like the SSE so much (I did like it to an extent, just not all that much). It felt like some random 2D Platformer because of all of the weird enemies. Also, so much of it felt...gloomy. Not eerie, creepy, etc., just gloomy. Did anyone else feel that way during it?

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
I have rejected Brawl because I am disappointed about how it turned out regarding Fire Emblem representation. I was disappointed that Lyndis is an Assist Trophy rather than a playable character. According to the posts I have read about SSB4 concerning Fire Emblem representation and online features, it looks like Melee will remain my last Smash Bros. game forever.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is annoying. That's a big complaint. Why was it made? I wanna know, what's the point of it?

Frown

poekmon
WAAAAH! BRAWL ISN'T PERFECT! WAAAAAAAH!

I really can't find anything to complain about. Brawl isn't perfect, but I like it.

Btw, tripping isn't a big deal since I mostly play FFA.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have a few complaints. I don't like it how they have lag on online matches for starters. Plus, in an online match, why do you have to wait for others to join. If you want a one on one match can't there be a sign that pops up that says start match. Plus, I believe that the stage builder is too limited, at least let us have more stuff and less limitations on there. Ok, it looks like that's all. Oh yeah, and why can't you play your custom stages online? Ok, it looks like this is all.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Tripping isn't a huge deal for me, but I guess they made it to make the game a little more challenging.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
The popularity of this page is a tribute to Brawl's phailure. I think it's also epic that this is the FIRST thread on the Brawl General Discussion Page.

What kind of fighting game punishes you for MOVING?
I lol'ed. I'm puttin this in my sig with or without your permission. :)

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Today's complaint centers around Brawl supporters (more specifically Melee flammers) who do not support a statement with facts or visual or understandable references. Those who state 'I just want to share my opinion' in a thread typically have no idea or little knowledge of what they are actually debating about. (I'm looking at you, ~Ace)
I'm Tyfighter, and I approve of this message.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Deaths caused by tripping:None
Near deaths caused by triping:None
People I've killed because of tripping:None
Peoeple I've nearly killed because of tripping.:None
Moving recklessly,the only time I really tripped is if I tried to dash dance,or whatever its called

@Topic,Download able content,we have non.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Shut up moron
You just confirmed my previous statement.

What makes me a moron? Have I stated anything that would be labeled as offensive or gramatically incorrect? You have spent your time on SWF breaking constant rules, rules that you stated you did not care for, as long as you 'stated your opinion'. Your constant offensive material also contradicts that, as you are not willing to discuss, only flame. You are lucky the mods (or mod, Samurai Panda is the only active moderator that patrolls the GBD) have not taken a cause of action yet, you would have been banned faster than you can say "You're too slow!".

Congradulations on trolling SWF, but you are clearly not the best, you will be in the shadow of DOCTORSTUPID, Jakeadactyl, and other previous spammers.

If you guys hate me so much they why are you all following me and my posts?
Some people like to see brats like what you are portraying face the consequences, they also laugh at themselves at the person who actually spams, as they would seemingly have no social life, spending their time polluting a forum :).

Good day, and good bye (once the banhammer has been established).

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
My only complaint is a little underrepresentation for some characters, and the online feature being a little unstable with no voicechat, but other then that, brawl is a beast.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm sick and tired of people saying brawl melee is so much better than brawl ooloooolololl. Why? Because you can wavedash and l cancel? Brawl has online. But no. You guys have to put it down because you think brawl isn't competitive. It is. Have you people ever stopped to think that melee may be TOO competitive? Think about it. It takes YEARS to be able to even compete in a tourney without getting laughed at. Nobody has that kind of time to get good. Some people have stuff like school that gets in the way of Also, what if you want to play OTHER games? You can't do that if you want to be good at melee because there are too many techniques to keep up with, and you all keep adding more and more and more

Summarized version: F*ck melee. You can only become a pro if it's the only game you play....

Of course Brawl is better, it's just that people have other opitions of playing the game they like or love. Heck, not everybody has a Wii to play Brawl all day long to begin with.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Look these losers up, would ya? They were quite the entertainers:laugh:
Sadly, I've witnessed their trolling first hand. DOCTORSTUIPID is my 'favorite' troll. He's well known for this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166358

Of course Brawl is better, it's just that people have other opitions of playing the game they like or love. Heck, not everybody has a Wii to play Brawl all day long to begin with.
Don't even try to reason with a troll. We had high expectations for Brawl, some of ours didn't come to pass. I still enjoy Brawl, but some just run their mouths off.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Let's get back on topic: Does anyone else hate the new airdodge system? I'm not talking about the lack of directional air dodging but being able to air dodge multiple times in midair.

nensondubois

Smash Rookie
I have many complaints.
1. All characters are slow compared to melee
2. No N64 stages?
3. Missing many Melee Stages
4. No Geno (Little Action Geno)
5. Where's Roy and Dr. Mario?
6. Not enough songs!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I didnt know this thread exist but WOW brawl sucks lol
Don't be so suprised, I heard that Melee got one of these threads to for making Kirby, Ness, and Pikachu weaker, maybe more, (not sure if it's SWF). But this thread was made due to too many people hate tripping in the game.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
The game would be better if some of the characters didn't have the tension that they do now. I think tension of the character personally affects there tripping. I with captain falcon 1 ever 30 seconds when dashdancing compared to peach and zelda taking about 1 minute each plus. Luigi is about 15 seconds all without stopping. The game has less damage being done which allows for very long matches. And example is that Roy is better than Ike with Roy's neutral B doing 50 and 10 to himself and Ike's nutral B doing 32 and 10 to himself. He isn't great as a replacement, especially with the nutral B.

Just some of the many complaints others wanted me to type.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I have many complaints.

3. Missing many Melee Stages

6. Not enough songs!
3.Brawl has 9 returning stages,Melee only had 3.
Its 3 times as many.

6.258 songs me thinks.:ohwell:
If you mean some songs should have been included,This is the onyl song im asking for
Not conting a few Earthbound ones.
Considering they have 258 songs,they have tons.

@Above poster,Ike's has super armor,and its good when used midair.
But why are you comparing Roy to Ike?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The things that makes brawl SHIT

1. Slowness like your in water

2. Lack of combos due to hitstun

3. Lack of Advanced techniques to seperate good people from people who suck.

*walks off knowing i am right*

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
My biggest complaint is that the game has caused so many Johns from players everywhere, rather than an attempt to adapt to the changes.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
But then again smash 64 had like 9 stages in total? (Although i do wish that at least Hyrule Castle and Saffron city were in brawl)
?

@Topic,its nice they added swimming and ladders,but I wished they had done more stuff with them.
Like moves being able to be used underwater,and a water custom stage piece.

Guys Corneria was in Smash 64, just it was called Sector Z.
Sector Z is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE
Corneria is nearly as large.

Patpen14

Smash Rookie
The simple fact that Megaman (X) isn't in.
Those games were more meaningful to me that Mario (SNES, of course. PS megaman games were all the same and not too great)

Oh, and K. Rool.

I would rather see those two than Snake or DeDeDe.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My biggest complaint is that the game has caused so many Johns from players everywhere, rather than an attempt to adapt to the changes.
I don't know about everyone else, but I tried for about 2 months to adapt to the changes and I finally got fed up with the game.

Also, if a kid's dog dies are you going to buy them a new one and tell them "No Johns, adapt to the new dog." No! They're always going to love the old dog and miss it, giving them a new one won't fix anything, especially if the new dog is deficient.

Guys Corneria was in Smash 64, just it was called Sector Z.
Oh my god, you're right!
And Battlefield was selectable in SSB64 too, it was just called Dream Land. Right?

No. They're different. One is much larger and has different effects.

Dream Land is much larger and has blowing wind. Battlefield is smaller with no effects whatsoever.

Sector Z is much larger and has the Arwings, but lacks any other effects. Corneria is smaller and has Arwings and Wolfens. On occasion, the Arwings will come from the background, and you can stand on the guns, and they can fire as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom