• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sorry, I don't post much over here at SWF. If you need to check my tourney results, you'll find them all nicely in order over at allisbrawl.com

Just got back from a Pac NW tourney yesterday (51 attendees):
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5892
Took 1st no losses, take that Meta Knights.

Haven't played in Cali for a while, so next time I get together with CA will be at tourneyplay 2 in a couple weeks when they come up to play here.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'll attempt to hop on board despite very few of you knowing me.

May 23rd - Midwest: East Circuit - The Competition
17th of 64 [Lost to Lain 1st Rd 1 - 2 set and Xisin (A marth about as good as Neo)]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
everyone should rly post theyr whole chain of who they beat and lose to, not just their placement

placements tell nothing

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
you guys are all funny... Kadaj theres no way to compare us really we played 1 stock in a ditto which you got *****... steel beat me but eh dittos. We placed close at APEX too. :)

Neo on the other hand i can beat like 20% of the time bad odds but i'll improve, again though you cant compare on dittos and its overall match ups. Neo is by far better at overall matchups though, i cant say much about kadaj i dont look into him... actually never have... never thought it was important to. and Lain sweetheart, we need to play more.

BTW: this is a robot ranking thread not a marth ranking thread. This is my last post on it... and you guys should stop posting too.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Did you have to play HolyChef's ICs in bracket?
heh. heheh. heheheh.

*Lets GwJ tell the rest of the story*

<3 HolyChef, even if we didn't play him

Oh, and OS, I tried the "Benefits of Patience" thing on Ether's Snake at the same tourney. It totally works, but I missed the platform...I fail.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I would've payed HolyChef a dollar for a match if I could commentate my own match. I didn't get to play him once, but every bracket singles match, I was there sitting on the pool table commentating his every move and essentially replaying the Lain vs. M2K commentary every few minutes because there were so many MK's there.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lolz, ya see what i go and do?
don't get too worked up, marths.
don't wanna mess yer hair up.
beepbeep?

Ruse

Fox
I would've payed HolyChef a dollar for a match if I could commentate my own match. I didn't get to play him once, but every bracket singles match, I was there sitting on the pool table commentating his every move and essentially replaying the Lain vs. M2K commentary every few minutes because there were so many MK's there.
True. I think everyone who placed above him was a MK...

TEECO

Smash Ace
Game Zone Tournament

7th of 29

Defeated- Dx
Loss to- Mk18
Defeated- Acorn
Defeated- Galax
Defeated- xyzzx
Lost to- radiX [played as snake this match(MK main)]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You went Snake against MK? Why?

ROB/MK is seriously 45/55 MK. I'm convinced of it. =)

(Note: I've played M2K, don't say "lol nc" and stuff <.<)

TEECO

Smash Ace
I didnt feel comfortable man, radiX is a really good player.
It's so hard getting back on stage once knocked off agasint MK, so I was a little scared of that.
I need more practice on MK with ROB. >__>;

I went snake vs Mk18s MK once and beat him. I also picked Snake when I vsed a ZSS one match in a set.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What can MK do that ROB doesn't have some sort of answer to?

Tornado? Obvious but...just Nair if close, laser if far away. If you get caught too close, DI out and then punish with an nair.

Dair camping? Let him...he'll run out of jumps eventually. Punish when they're done.

Planking? Gyro.

Air Planking? Gyro.

He caught your Gyro? Now all he can do is throw the gyro, go **** his ***.

If you're recovering, either recover as high as you can, or if that's not an option, recover as low as you can. If you recover high, make it your priority to touch ground. If you recover low, rising Uair when you know you'll hit him. If you uair too early, he'll just dair you or something. Not good. Your Uair outranges his Dair though, so if you time it right you'll always win.

Space with ftilts. Laser at every opportunity. Kill around 110 with fresh bair. You want a gyro on stage at all times. If you can get a Usmash, good ****.

Preferred Neutral? Battlefield.
Preferred CP? Lylat...Halberd...
Preferred Ban? Delfino. You really can take him on Cruise, but...yeah, it is REALLY annoying. You have to really try to make sure you're never above him, which is possible...just annoying. Gyro is **** here.

Also, random cruise glitch: If you grab the MK on the blocks that drop when you stand on them for too long when you're NOT on the blocks that drop when you stand on them for too long, Fthrow and he'll go through the blocks and die. I don't know why. But it works. You can just stand there and bait him until he runs into a grab.

TEECO

Smash Ace
You make it sound a lot easier than it really is stingers lol.
Its the fact that MK is so much quicker and **** than ROB in the air that makes this match completely horrible for ROB imo.

If he's holding your gyro, he can still do specials right?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Stingers, if you're playing m2k, you're playing the most aggressive MK there is. We're not talking about aggressive MK's when we say it's one of ROB's worst match ups.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I guess I just need more experience with campy mks then. I still don't see how gyro doesn't do tons for ROB in this matchup, though.

If the MK Z drops the gyro, you can uair right through it and hit MK. If he drops it on you while you're grounded and does that annoying regrab with dair drop repeat, just jump oos right after he dairs and do a retreating fair.

Oh, yeah, MK can still do specials if he's holding the gyro. Which limits him to Up-B and Tornado, really. Just react accordingly.

Sudai

Stuff here
I was saying he can ZDrop and then instant aerial to recatch the gyro and still DAir. Basically holding a gyro doesn't change MK's strategy at all, just means he has an extra button press when he wants to DAir. <.<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its ok everyone, theres no good MKs in NC where stingerz is to judge the matchup on :)

so anyway.... rankings. i cant wait for em

how do we handle the mysterious conundrum known as ninjalink? ranking him as a rob is rly tough imo since he uses other charas just as much, esp diddy (who he uses more rly i think). also not to mention he can go ROB and other ppl in a single set, not swithcing just between sets. maybe we should keep this to actual rob mains for accuracy?
but then it seems weird to not include a skilled rob

Deadweight

Smash Ace
its ok everyone, theres no good MKs in NC where stingerz is to judge the matchup on :)

how do we handle the mysterious conundrum known as ninjalink? ranking him as a rob is rly tough imo since he uses other charas just as much, esp diddy (who he uses more rly i think). also not to mention he can go ROB and other ppl in a single set, not swithcing just between sets. maybe we should keep this to actual rob mains for accuracy?
Yea thats a tough one, Idk >__>

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman

Include a special section for non ROB mains who are good with ROB. Overswarm/Ninjalink

And while I don't think MK is 55:45, I don't think it's 70:30 either.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's definitely not 70:30. Maybe 55:45 was a bit too close. ROB does get ***** by juggles...but that's it. Everything else has a counter, even if it's difficult. I'll agree with Holy, 60:40.

It's not ROB's worst matchup though. ZSS is. You can make a case for GaW but I think that's 55:45 too. Fsmash ***** GaW hardcore :laugh: but it makes killing very annoying...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
^thats as long as ZSS doesnt use the infinite

having a seperate section seems pointless, since it would b like only those 2 lol
maybe a lil acknowledgment, sort of like the part on state rankings that say talented players not ranked for various reasons. Their awesome skill needs to be shown, but its too hard to rank them against other solo ROB players

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
^thats as long as ZSS doesnt use the infinite

having a seperate section seems pointless, since it would b like only those 2 lol
maybe a lil acknowledgment, sort of like the part on state rankings that say talented players not ranked for various reasons. Their awesome skill needs to be shown, but its too hard to rank them against other solo ROB players
Little contradiction here. We're both suggesting the same thing. :p

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
It's definitely not 70:30. Maybe 55:45 was a bit too close. ROB does get ***** by juggles...but that's it. Everything else has a counter, even if it's difficult. I'll agree with Holy, 60:40.

It's not ROB's worst matchup though. ZSS is. You can make a case for GaW but I think that's 55:45 too. Fsmash ***** GaW hardcore :laugh: but it makes killing very annoying...
I'd rather face ZSS 40 times more than MK. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom