• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
god**** guys leave that freakin dot away, it's Tero not .Tero, i added it only because someone stole my name =´(

still <3 D3 boards =P

Buuman

Smash Ace
Heheh, alright can any of you fine gentlemen upload videos? I can transfer this vid to your wii, cause I cant upload it on my own. If you can let me know, cause I have something amazing to show you all. I can almost guarantee no one has ever done this. Aside from the complete **** that comes with this D3 video, I did something pretty historical. Someone make my day, cause I can't find anyone that can upload videos lol

DZLE

Smash Master
Heheh, alright can any of you fine gentlemen upload videos? I can transfer this vid to your wii, cause I cant upload it on my own. If you can let me know, cause I have something amazing to show you all. I can almost guarantee no one has ever done this. Aside from the complete **** that comes with this D3 video, I did something pretty historical. Someone make my day, cause I can't find anyone that can upload videos lol
Explain what you did, maybe then we will be motivated

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
He did a 0-to Death combo on Meta Knight, Buuman's probably playing a lot of Melee lately.

Buuman

Smash Ace
For real man, anxiety is the key. I promise you you won't be disappointed. You can see when I send it to you for uploadage. lol
He did a 0-to Death combo on Meta Knight, Buuman's probably playing a lot of Melee lately.
and actually 2 0-death combos come with this vid. Along with something historical....I can't ruin it yet. I've already said to much. Please help a guy out lol. I was actually against putting this vid up a few months back, but I think I'll share what I did. People were telling me to find someone to put it up..but I didnt want this to be revealed >:^D

Buuman

Smash Ace
Well your not gonna get it up like that.
well then forget it. Cause I'm not spillin so someone can mimic what I did and take credit for it. Not to sound conceited. Just take my word for it it's worth the time, plus you would see it if I sent it anyway.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
What items can spawn when you use d3's >b and a capsule is produced? I just brawled a friend offline items off and set to none and a smash ball just spawned and eariler another capsule exploded (but it missed him :O )

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
What items can spawn when you use d3's >b and a capsule is produced? I just brawled a friend offline items off and set to none and a smash ball just spawned and eariler another capsule exploded (but it missed him :O )
That's.... impossible, as far as I know. It probably wasn't set that way.

As to what items can be produced, I would assume anything that can normally come out of a capsule that is turned on.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Your friend that you were playing against must not have had items set to off and none.

DZLE

Smash Master
well then forget it. Cause I'm not spillin so someone can mimic what I did and take credit for it. Not to sound conceited. Just take my word for it it's worth the time, plus you would see it if I sent it anyway.
Dunno what to tell you.
I dont have recording / uploading devices, or else i would. Im just giving you a hard time, because as a D3 main I really cant think of another AT to put into his arsenal.
And how dare you keep such a "good" move from all of your brethren? From the world?
If you post it in these forums, in your OWN thread, I promise to sig it, and make all other D3's i know sig it, to further spread that YOU created it.
And how do you know someone else hasnt already done it unless you tell us what it is?
I am itching to know, but I really cant piece it together because I feel theres nothing more to add to his arsenal at this time.
I really want to know what its all about.
And you know youll get credit for it. I know youll get credit for it. WE ALL know you will
So whats to hide, my friend?
There shouldnt be anything to hide from us. Tell me one person you have seen on these D3 forums thats been a complete ****head and douche, because personally I have not met one.
Smexy get annoying sometimes but he isnt a ****head. (jk smexy <3)
Dont hide things from us.
Let King Dedede grow, if you truly have something.
Get him more renown. He may be good but we all know he doesnt hit the tourney scene hard, regardless of his rank.
Grow the community.
Heck, we may not even know if you can apply what youve done to other characters, to further their game.
If it is truly historical, it could change the metagame.
Dont keep this from us.

I will try to find someone I trust to upload this for you, and let the world know you have found something.

And if your ****ing with us pray to god and enjoy your last days.

Buuman

Smash Ace
First of all, what's this shy guy cancel? Also I was the one back in march that discovered D3 can change the angle and distance he throws waddle dees and doos lol. I can bring up the thread if you want. But anyway, essentially what happened in this match, I was playing a snake player...and he continued to recover high, I Up B in an attempt to spike him. However He was far too high up to even hit him with an up air...with all of my jumps. I Up Bed above the blast zone and as soon as I made contact, it killed him up. Essentially thats what happened.

DZLE

Smash Master
First of all, what's this shy guy cancel? Also I was the one back in march that discovered D3 can change the angle and distance he throws waddle dees and doos lol. I can bring up the thread if you want. But anyway, essentially what happened in this match, I was playing a snake player...and he continued to recover high, I Up B in an attempt to spike him. However He was far too high up to even hit him with an up air...with all of my jumps. I Up Bed above the blast zone and as soon as I made contact, it killed him up. Essentially thats what happened.
That's happened to me before... keep in mind everyone in this state plays snake lol.
including myself.
@Smexy
HATE?!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
All right, how do you you turn around grab out of shield without overshooting your grab a million feet? I want to be able to do 2:30 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03CNWe9Oik I do not not want to do what happens at 4:12. I saw Chewy's dedede tear up this wario/ganon with this at a tournament a few weeks back, and I can't figure it out.

(edited link)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
He asked the same question in the MK Q&A thread. I think he's a spammer.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
One more question..

What is the best way to recover with DDD? I have been spoiled until now with G&W's autosweetspoting the ledge :p
If I have used up all my jumps and am still off stage, how can I get back without getting my *** punished and just thrown back off stage?

I had HUGE problems with this against a Marth player. If I couldn't get to the stage with my jumps I was basically stuck in an endless cycle of Up B > tipped attack back off stage until it finally killed me and I hope this isn't just hopeless.
Use SDJ (Super DeDeDe Jump) and cancel it before you actually touch the stage, angle to the edge or save your jumps and start approaching while attacking with bairs he will not try to attack you most likely and you will be able to recover easily it works for me quite well.

All right, how do you you turn around grab out of shield without overshooting your grab a million feet? I want to be able to do 2:30 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03CNWe9Oik I saw Chewy's dedede tear up this wario/ganon with this at a tournament a few weeks back, and I can't figure it out.

(edited link)
Why you ask a Meta Knight question in the DeDeDe Q&A?

EDIT: WTF THAT WAS JUST A TURNAROUND SHIELDGRAB GTFO SPAMMER

Cmon, Dedede has to spam grab shieldgrab and bair.
Fix'd nao gtfo

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I agree, teh_spammerer must die.

That's what I read it as anyway.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I wonder why we don't have a DeDeDe brawl XAT just like the other boards?

Someone should make one :(

Xats are fun.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I need a little help performing DDD's chain (not infinite). When I do dash cancelled grabs, the ooponent can usually get in an A combo before I regrab. I'm not exactly sure when to dash. When I dash to early, he just does a standard grab so it's not like Falco's. So when exactly do u begin dashing?

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I need a little help performing DDD's chain (not infinite). When I do dash cancelled grabs, the ooponent can usually get in an A combo before I regrab. I'm not exactly sure when to dash. When I dash to early, he just does a standard grab so it's not like Falco's. So when exactly do u begin dashing?
As long as you can chaingrab the character there is no dashing too early. Just make sure you figure out your grab range and the distance each character goes. When you shield cancel grab you should be able to dash after your dthrow then follow up with a dash > shield cancel > shieldgrab them. It just takes timing.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I have one question really, though its probably not a really basic gameplay or anything really gameplay related at all. It is more about the competitive Brawl scene.

Are there any noticeable Dedede players who use aerials more than the norm? If so, can you give some examples?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
In this situation?

How do I deal with this situation?

"A Meta Knight has managed to get right in my face and he's waiting for me to attack so he can punish. If I dtilt, he can spotdodge and dsmash. If I jab or jab combo, he'd spotdodge and dsmash or shield grab. If I utilt (bad idea) he's spotdodge and dsmash. D3 would have sufficient lag that he'd take MK's dsmash most of the time. What do I do? If I roll away he's punish me from there. If I jump into the air, he's punish me from there. Would inhale be a good decision to make there? If I grab, he's spotdodge and dsmash and if I spotdodge that and grab again, he can spotdodge and dsmash. He has more priority. What the HELL can I do here? Do not tell me to not get into this situation, I am looking for solutions.

Thanks

HD

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
did u know if u time it right when your in the air theres a point where you can jet hammer and it will stall you in the air so u just did a jet hammer and dident fall any, also i found out if u time it right when you are about to hit the ground you can jet hammer and it will come out instantly like toon link double arrow cancel, it might also work with waddle dee toss but i havent tested, i had one other thing that i posted on one of these d3 forums but i 4got...

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
sorry for double post... also im not sure if my opponent had his items set to on but set to none, but on march 9th (brawls birthday!) i was playing a friendly against a snake and items wure not appearing, however while i did side B an exploding capsule came out nearly hitting him...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
sorry for double post... also im not sure if my opponent had his items set to on but set to none, but on march 9th (brawls birthday!) i was playing a friendly against a snake and items wure not appearing, however while i did side B an exploding capsule came out nearly hitting him...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154840

Not only do you need items set to none, you need all items OFF as well.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

"A Meta Knight has managed to get right in my face and he's waiting for me to attack so he can punish. If I dtilt, he can spotdodge and dsmash. If I jab or jab combo, he'd spotdodge and dsmash or shield grab. If I utilt (bad idea) he's spotdodge and dsmash. D3 would have sufficient lag that he'd take MK's dsmash most of the time. What do I do? If I roll away he's punish me from there. If I jump into the air, he's punish me from there. Would inhale be a good decision to make there? If I grab, he's spotdodge and dsmash and if I spotdodge that and grab again, he can spotdodge and dsmash. He has more priority. What the HELL can I do here? Do not tell me to not get into this situation, I am looking for solutions.

Thanks

HD
Back up and ftilt or bair depending on whether he jumps or not.

DZLE

Smash Master
I have one question really, though its probably not a really basic gameplay or anything really gameplay related at all. It is more about the competitive Brawl scene.

Are there any noticeable Dedede players who use aerials more than the norm? If so, can you give some examples?
Hmmm, as far as "famous" D3 players go I cant really think of one that stands out that seems to aerial more. For one, if im in the air and im not recovering, I usually have a Bair coming out, because of its priotity and quickness. But if im in the air, not jumping, not bairing, im either catching them offguard with a fair, trying to cancel the lag on a dair, or fairing them if they are pesky floaters.
But, I must say, there are those that will do aerials more than others. It really really depends on the situation. Any more questions on any of this just ask in here :D

Thanks

HD
Alright HD, heres my solution (for I play against those PESKY MK's myself)
Usually I will use snake, my other main, against MK. Better matchup for me than my DK.
But if its double blind and i get put up against an MK, here is how i play.
Approach with Bairs. Never EVER land halfway through a Bair. Keep them in the air and lagless. Once your close enough, SHIELD LIKE CRAZY and punish with quick fingers and grab him. I usually Bthrow MK's, for the knockback and damage, because I have trouble following up on MK out of a dthrow. So, rack up the damage with your quick Bairs, make sure you never lag one, and grabs, (seriously. Learn how many hits you can take with your shield fighting an MK (have your friends practice with you) because in this matchup your shield is your best friend. BEST FRIEND.) make sure the second he tornados, shield it all, and when its over, punish. Its possible.
OH! Also, if you are approaching by running and shielding, or bair-ing, and your just not quite close enough, SPAM FTILT. If he rolls towards you, SHIELD HIS BARRAGE and grab. If he rolls away, approach again. If he spot dodged, FTILT AGAIN! Just plunk them in the face while spacing those ftilts!
I have a lot of experience against MK players so anymore questions about how they react to anything dont be afraid to ask.
EDIT: Yeah, what gates said. Just practice spacing him with your friends. It is possible!

did u know if u time it right when your in the air theres a point where you can jet hammer and it will stall you in the air so u just did a jet hammer and dident fall any, also i found out if u time it right when you are about to hit the ground you can jet hammer and it will come out instantly like toon link double arrow cancel, it might also work with waddle dee toss but i havent tested, i had one other thing that i posted on one of these d3 forums but i 4got...
Hmm, Yeah i have noticed the stalling of the jet hammer in the air but havent found a significant and consistant use for doing so. And as for no lag on a waddle toss while landing, there is always the lag, even if you short hop waddle throw, he will finish out the animation regaurdless. As for a lagless land of a jet hammer, test that out a bit more. I cant think of a good situation unless it was on like DK or Bowser. But in that case... just grab....

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Alright HD, heres my solution (for I play against those PESKY MK's myself)
Usually I will use snake, my other main, against MK. Better matchup for me than my DK.
But if its double blind and i get put up against an MK, here is how i play.
Approach with Bairs. Never EVER land halfway through a Bair. Keep them in the air and lagless. Once your close enough, SHIELD LIKE CRAZY and punish with quick fingers and grab him. I usually Bthrow MK's, for the knockback and damage, because I have trouble following up on MK out of a dthrow. So, rack up the damage with your quick Bairs, make sure you never lag one, and grabs, (seriously. Learn how many hits you can take with your shield fighting an MK (have your friends practice with you) because in this matchup your shield is your best friend. BEST FRIEND.) make sure the second he tornados, shield it all, and when its over, punish. Its possible.
OH! Also, if you are approaching by running and shielding, or bair-ing, and your just not quite close enough, SPAM FTILT. If he rolls towards you, SHIELD HIS BARRAGE and grab. If he rolls away, approach again. If he spot dodged, FTILT AGAIN! Just plunk them in the face while spacing those ftilts!
I have a lot of experience against MK players so anymore questions about how they react to anything dont be afraid to ask.
EDIT: Yeah, what gates said. Just practice spacing him with your friends. It is possible!
I know it's possible, thanks to you now. Thank you for the tips. I know what to do. MK can combo but one must avoid getting into the combo and then punish using D3's powerful moveset and super fast sex kick. Thanks. Could you train me with this matchup on wifi cos I'm so pissed off with MKs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom