• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I see now. You don't actually slide, you just turn around, which since D3 is so big, it is like he instantly covers more ground. I'm sure if you did this with a non-big character the difference would be negligible but since he's so big, it does make a difference.

Keep up the good work =)

Vayseth

Smash Master
Okay guys, question time:

I don't think the Wolf walking CG/infinite ledge grab works all that flawlessly. Also, grab release at the end of a stage ***** wolf. Anyway, anyone have proof of the walking grab/infinite ledge grab against someone good? I tried it against Omniswell tonight and got nothing to work but regular CG.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Okay guys, question time:

I don't think the Wolf walking CG/infinite ledge grab works all that flawlessly.
same here

i had problems doing the walking cg because the wolf was always able to do something, i was like "WTF I CANT BE TO SLOW SCREW YOU"

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
What are King DeDeDe's best approaches? DeDeDe doesn't have many effective approaches but he should at least have some decent ones.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
It's ironic that my name IS Mr. C.

I declare the thing now called..uhh...

RJCUS

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
My brawl tag is Mr.C

My Smashboards account is sMexy-Blu

My AiB is CaMPa.

My online name is Campa.

Yes I'm that awesome.

Smudge

Smash Lord
ICs are definitely D3 hardest match-up.

If your allowed to do the Standing Infinite the DK wins Easiest match up hands down. If not them Wolf is a contender for easiest match up (Although I agree DK probably still just about talks it)

Who does D3 work best with in Teams?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm not exactly sure who Dedede would work BEST with but I know that a few good options for team partners are:

MK - obv.
Snake - It doesn't seem that great but it actually works really well in practice. Seibrik and G-Reg went really far with this team at C3, losing only to M2K and DSF's omnigayness.
G&W - He's arguably the best character in teams period. You can also fill up his bucket using Waddle Doos.
Marth - Both characters have long ranges and can kill opponents randomly at early percents (Marth with dair, Dedede with fsmash). Dthrow -> upB is also good.
Wario - HAPPY FARTS, MOCKO COMBO.
Luigi - dthrow->Shoryuken is a pretty good combo. That's about it though.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Quoted from DFat1's post.

B-Reversal is Performed by Taping in the opposite direction from which you where originally facing ring after you input a B-Move. The effect is that the Character performs the B move with it's momentum reversed.

It's a great Technique, and It can be greatly applied to DeDeDe. It's Best used while Airbone. When you hover over some one while your facing them, they will probably expect the Inhale. If you hover while backwards, they are expecting the drop Bair. They won't expect, for a single second, the B-Reverse. I dabble with DeDeDe, so I know that Inhale has great set ups. Another good way to use it is to anticipate some one running underneath you to avoid your Normal inhale while your in the air. Just wait for them to run and drop while doing the B-reversal.
Hope that helped you Chileno4Live. :)

Vayseth

Smash Master
What are King DeDeDe's best approaches? DeDeDe doesn't have many effective approaches but he should at least have some decent ones.
I'm *REALLY* diggin' autocanceled fair into anything. It sets up a ton of stuff and either beats or clashes with most moves in the air. fair->dair and then a tilt;fair-> sh inhale; sh fair->dair->(land OTG) spot dodge-> grab/up tilt.

I mean, the possibilites are endless.

Jupz

Smash Master
Imo DDD's three best teams are:

1. metaknight - dthrow-dtilt combo, both proficient gimpers, with good communication this is the best team imo.
2. D3 - yes 2 d3s because of the team infinite between any chaingrabable character. swallowcides can be used a lot too.
3. wario - mocko combo :p

and i dont usually like to approach unless forced but then I like to bair/grab/dair/ftilt

Vayseth

Smash Master
No, it's just a short hopped fair. You do it by SH and fairing immediately. You should land with no lag. Same with bair. It's easier to do if you flick your hand over jump and A while holding forward. You'll jump, fair, and land with no lag.

Question: What happened to the "King Dedede is the Best Character in the Game" thread?
Answer: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154840

We should update the link In the important threads topic.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We should update the link In the important threads topic.
I'm planning a big update on that thread this weekend around the time I update the matchup thread. I'll put this on my to do list as long as someone reminds me.

Tero.

Smash Champion
screw nair

run and shieldgrab

bair if they are in the air

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Nair's only good for quick anti-airs in the air lololololololol

run and shield grab

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Alright so i'm having trouble coming back on the field with DDD. He's really slow and it's hard for me to land on the stage again while my opponent is doing alot of attacks to keep me in the air. What can i do to get back safely? I heard that Inhale has Super Armor frames but it never works >_<

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Inhale doesn't have super armor frames. Where the hell did you hear that?

UpB is the one that has super armor.

Vayseth

Smash Master
OMG, yes inhale DOES have super armor frames.

ANY grab (grab, Bite, Inhale, Ganon's side B, etc) will activate with super armor ONLY if you successfully grab them at the same moment the attack connects. The super armor isn't reliable but it is there.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Huh, I didn't know that. Makes sense though. There are times when I've grabbed my opponent while they're attacking and I take damage but get the grab anyway and I always wondered what was up with that.

Still, you shouldn't be using Inhale to recover. Not even if you're RATED.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
So I herd RATED has good sucking abilities(lololololol)

no homo srsly

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Lol ehm,

Anyway, what can i do to get back safely? I kinda have to know this, as i fight Marths, Diddy's, Mario's and Cpt Falcon, all are sorta fast characters which can keep me in the air.

also, i've picked up Luigi as a secondary. Is that a good choice or not?

Jupz

Smash Master
There is a thread that lists good secondary's for DDD. The best were G&W, Falco and Marth.

Btw, can someone give me general tips to playing agianst a falco?

DZLE

Smash Master
What are the best secondaries for DDD? Like matchups and all of that.

I main Toon Link and a bit of Bowser already, so possibly similar playstyles.

Thanks!
If you read the Opening Post and like 4 effin posts above you lol,

You will find what we/people say are his best secondaries, and youll learn this is a whole different thread for what you should secondary as a D3 main.

GW, Marth, Falco.

I second Snake, 3rd Falco. Close enough.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, I've got a problems in my matchup, can anybody give me some tips on how to play DDD against Olimar, Snake and Fox/Falco ? :/
I know my english is terrible, I'm french xD

Jupz

Smash Master
Against olimar, try to keep him off the stage, its easy to gimp him with Bair and Fair. Against snake, try to definatly keep him in the air as his tilts are rapage.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So I finally got serious with DDD as a secondary for G&W and first really used him today.
Overall, was doing decent considering it was the first time I used him :p
Wish I had some recordings but didn't have my SD card with the infinite replay code with me and all my matches were over 3 minutes but whatever.

Essentially with my grab game and a wall of Bairs I was shutting down my opponent's approach while still forcing him into it with waddle's.

Basically what else does DDD have to shut down an approach? He couldn't get around that but I know already that that won't work against everyone. (His way around it was going Falco... my way around that was going G&W :p)

Jupz

Smash Master
Ftilt, and Dtilt. Dtilt is also a great safeguard against faster characters trying to punish your waddle throw or whatever as it comes out fast and has great priority and good range.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
One more question..

What is the best way to recover with DDD? I have been spoiled until now with G&W's autosweetspoting the ledge :p
If I have used up all my jumps and am still off stage, how can I get back without getting my *** punished and just thrown back off stage?

I had HUGE problems with this against a Marth player. If I couldn't get to the stage with my jumps I was basically stuck in an endless cycle of Up B > tipped attack back off stage until it finally killed me and I hope this isn't just hopeless.

Jupz

Smash Master
If you've used all your jumps try waiting until you're far enough below the stage to sweetspot the ledge. If they jump out too far to edgeguard, don't cancel and just go straight past them and try to land on the stage. Basically what I try to do is sweetspot the ledge because if you land on the stage your gonna get punished, unless they jumped out too far and can't get back in time (which is what I mentioned before), with minimized falling time. If you're playing against someone like a metaknight who can come a fair way off the stage and still recover, if you've got jumps try and fair him into the stage for a stage spike to make him thing twice next time. If you dont, you'll just have to rely on the super armour :p

There is also a guide to recovery in the forum, I think its still on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom