• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I know it's the weirdest thing. All the other good Dedede players can play each other and exchange strats. I'm up here all by myself representin' the king. I have to be innovative xD

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
buuman you live in new england? which state? I'm from boston myself, and i'm planning on getting into the tournament scene soon, so it'd be cool if i saw you at some.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I havent even really heard of any foreign D3 players other than Buuman, LOL
Foreign? lol New England = Maine+Massachusetts+Rhode Island+Connecticut+New Hampshire+Vermont
Geography Fail.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I was gonna say that too Gates lol u beat me to it.

I think hes talking about someone else.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
are the percentages for what can be pulled from DDD's side special known? I was just wondering if anyone had tested this yet.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, I think its around 70% for a waddle dee, 22% for a waddle doo and 8% for a gordo. The only one im sure of is the gordo one but they rest are also accurate.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think its around 70% for a waddle dee, 22% for a waddle doo and 8% for a gordo. The only one im sure of is the gordo one but they rest are also accurate.
You're very close juppies. It's :
70%=Waddle Dee
21%=Waddle Doo
8%=Gordo

The other 1% is added up from the decimals of the three servants, but who cares about it =).

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
Just curious if anyone else noticed that when D3 faces left and up-taunts, his audio and animation sync is off. When you do it to the right it's synced perfectly.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Isn't SC grabbing out of dash always better than dash grab. Its like one frame slower and has slightly more range without the horrible ending lag if you miss.

DZLE

Smash Master
Smexy... Be nice.

And yes, Corrupted, that is correct.

Also, some CG's can ONLY BE PERFORMED through SCG's. Like luigi.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I wasn't being rude if you think I was sorry, you can't express emotions on the internet. :(

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Btw anyone here have tried out B+? (Brawl+)

It seems that d3 lost his metagame (lololololol) ...

All the Dthrow can do now is setup for tech chase.

Bair to Fair combos are sexier on B+

D3 is still good but I think he is worser but that is just my opinion.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dededee is one example of how Brawl+ will never be as balanced as they wish.
Any system will favor play styles of certain characters.
Dededee's move are not made for combos. He has limited combo potential, and can be easily comboed.
Characters like ZSS, Marth, and Fox will all **** in Brawl+

Coney

Smash Master
I can't really use DDD in B+. I've tried. He's just...not fun. You can't chase people around because of your lower horizonal movement speed, and it means you get combo'd to hell.

Ness is my B+ dude. :3

tekkie

Smash Master
SC grabbing
I'm trying to imagine what SC stands for and failing. Short cancel?

Aaanyways, if I'm looking to get decent with DDD, what should I work on? I'll be looking at the guide and whatnot. Any specific things (besides chaingrabs) that make him different from other characters and how to use them? What air moves have landing lag? Where the hell does nair hit, anyways?

In short, how is Dedede ideally used?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
SC stands for Sheild Cancel. Nair's hitbos is his whole body but it doesn't extend much from there.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It is in the sense that it's from a dash and if you do it right you shouldn't see the shield pop up (or if you do it'll only be very briefly).

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Here is an interesting question. . .
King Dedede's Waddle Dees get stale every time you throw one, so when you do the lagless throw where you pick it up with "A", will it add to the staleness? Or is the "A" toss a separate move?

DZLE

Smash Master
Here is an interesting question. . .
King Dedede's Waddle Dees get stale every time you throw one, so when you do the lagless throw where you pick it up with "A", will it add to the staleness? Or is the "A" toss a separate move?
Very, very, very good question.

I dont even know the answer to this one, nor have i even thought about it o.o
I will do some testing on this tonight after work and let you guys know.
That will be awhile though... so if someone else knows the answer/can test now, do it.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I don't know it either.

You should ask Buuman he knows everything about move staleness.

regal

Smash Rookie
I'm new to D3, and while i understand the CG i just need a better strategy with him, I'm just looking for someone to show me the best of D3.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Chain grab off stage, use bair to gimp them.
If that doesn't work with character, play defensively, abusing bair, bthrow, dair, swallow, waddle dee spam, ftilt, dtilt, all the while keeping your utilt fresh and unstale so you can kill them.
Check out the video thread. Look at the combo videos.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Every aerial has landing lag.

You just have to Auto cancel it and time it properly so you finish the move when the landing lag frames are over.

DZLE

Smash Master
Uh...so DZLE, have you found it out yet?
Never mind I'll get the answer of it in the next couple days...
Sorry, I have sat down to test it like 3 times, but every time I havent gotten the chance. School and work have been a pain, I have barely been active on the boards. Regaurdless, I am going to test this out and see if it deteriorates or not.

Apologies.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Sorry, I have sat down to test it like 3 times, but every time I havent gotten the chance. School and work have been a pain, I have barely been active on the boards. Regaurdless, I am going to test this out and see if it deteriorates or not.

Apologies.
No problem dude, I know how you feel about school. I have SAT to study for all this week.
It's so easy to test out, I don't know why I didn't think about doing it lol...
I don't feel I'll have the time either but I'll try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom