• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
If that was the case, then Ultimate Razer mains Jigglypuff.
lol, point to where i said "he uses the icon, he MUST main them"

i'm pretty sure i said that's why people say he does.
and you can't really blame them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, point to where i said "he uses the icon, he MUST main them"

i'm pretty sure i said that's why people say he does.
and you can't really blame them.
My point is that anyone can change their picture at anytime. It's unreliable to assume the picture represents their main.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
but that character represents who they main...?
tournaments don't count for everything.
the obvious choice is too play the more viable character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
but that character represents who they main...?
tournaments don't count for everything.
the obvious choice is too play the more viable character.
No it doesn't. It can, but it doesn't.
Agreed.
If that were the case, everyone should be playing MK right now.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
so does your lack of an icon mean that you don't play brawl?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
o i c

Tires don exits tier:
Bowser, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, G&W, Ice Climbers, Ike, Jigglypuff, King Dedede, Kirby, Link, Lucario, Lucass, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Metaknight, Ness, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, PT, ROB, Samus, Sheik, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, ZSS

Ganon:
Ganon

Sorry Shaya, I doubt you can top this.

.....poor ganon :X

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i was trying to insinuate that MK belongs in the trash.
i am good joke maker.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
interestingly enough, a MK mask looks like it would fit perfectly on the grouch's face.

Smash Master
Have you read this post? OS mentioned it but I'm not sure if it was in his recent list of links.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9626469#post9626469

In short, it's absurdly unlikely for as many of the most skilled players to be the be MK as would be needed for that theory to explain the data. People with more intuitive feel for statistics could see that directly from my charts based on the shapes and heights of the curves, but there it is in numerical form.
We're obviously having a miscommunication.
If MK was 50,000,000 times more popular than Snake, then it would be very likely that that many of the most skilled players would use MK. In fact, it would mean that MK is underrepresented at the top of the metagame, so he must be a bad character.

Obviously everyone knows MK isn't that much more popular than Snake, but he is more popular. Is he 6X as popular? Twice as popular? 10X as popular? It makes a difference when evaluating how much better he is than everyone else as a character.

Oop nvm, you posted the info I needed. Sorry about that. MK is 6.5X as popular as Snake. Although I wish the sample size was larger than 13 and 2, you guys have done more than what is required in terms of argument.

I don't think anyone ever disputed that MK was the best character, but this new data makes it feel like he's the best by quite a wide margin.

Just for kicks, does anyone know what the ratio of MKs to Snakes has to be to generate a "MK is no better than Snake" p-value of at least 0.05. It's been way to long since stats for me to figure out how to do that.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
who you guy tone down the spam? you should just wait till someone has questions about mk, crow's data, or just believes something that has already been disproved.

It's in the pro ban's best interest to keep this thread open because this is where people learn of the problem on a larger scale than their local friendlies/tournaments.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think he used Falcon in the grand Grand Finals at one point, but don't quote me on that.

Dunno about Lain, I know he used more IC's, he used MK on rainbow Cruise against Anther.

Judge used Wario in Bracket for the most part.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Can the Spam.
Or I'll become the Grouch. :mad:

(As an aside; Ally used only Falcon in the grand finals of a tournament and won. I forget who the opponent used.)

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
... but it's a Grand Finals match, isn't it? I'm just curious as a case against those who say "As long as players like Ally and ADHD are winning he isn't broken", but if Ally can win a tourney with Falcon can't we just say Ally is some type of effed up Brawl robot who can win with anyone?

EDIT: I can't find him on Akoku's list. Maybe it was just a scrubby tournament.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
To those worried about Metaknight players quitting, over the past few months Mew2King has mentioned many times that he might quit sometime in the near future, as he's waisting money to go to tournaments, things are getting frustrated, he feels like he's been letting himself and the community down, and Smash just isn't fun anymore.

Gnes

Smash Master
He lost to a Falcon.
true...his legitness is instantly demoted

... but it's a Grand Finals match, isn't it? I'm just curious as a case against those who say "As long as players like Ally and ADHD are winning he isn't broken", but if Ally can win a tourney with Falcon can't we just say Ally is some type of effed up Brawl robot who can win with anyone?

EDIT: I can't find him on Akoku's list. Maybe it was just a scrubby tournament.
hmmm...or maybe that player is just not good hahaha

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9640092&postcount=3

Happened last Saturday so I thought it was relevant.
That means you agree with me right?

To those worried about Metaknight players quitting, over the past few months Mew2King has mentioned many times that he might quit sometime in the near future, as he's waisting money to go to tournaments, things are getting frustrated, he feels like he's been letting himself and the community down, and Smash just isn't fun anymore.
I'd do a 'fixed' moment and say Brawl isn't fun anymore, but close enough. I suppose... isn't that what Pro-Ban is fighting for? To make Brawl more "fun"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom