• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

otg

Smash Master
It scares me to think that Jiggly could potentially be top 5, but goddammit she is good. I think people need to take a leaflet from Brawl and start camping the **** out of her, I don't get why people would want to fight her legit in a 1v1.

Also, m2k I have a piece of advice for you to deal with this jigglypuff problem you have:

Doctor Mario.

Yeah I know, I"m that guy who is always spitting nonsense about the Doc, and 99% of the time you would be right. Doc does really well vs. Jiggly, I'm not going to say he has the advantage because frankly I have NO idea how this matchup would play out in top level play because there has never been a top level Doc. There are no set rest combos on Doc, pill spam is too good agaisnt Jiggly, Usmash KO's very early, as well as a guaranteed dthrow-> fair KO with a wide % range.

Jiggly gets Doc off the stage... thats a free KO pretty much, but at least Doc can attempt to defend himself on the way back with aerials, pills, ptp and cape.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
It scares me to think that Jiggly could potentially be top 5, but goddammit she is good. I think people need to take a leaflet from Brawl and start camping the **** out of her, I don't get why people would want to fight her legit in a 1v1.

Also, m2k I have a piece of advice for you to deal with this jigglypuff problem you have:

Doctor Mario.

Yeah I know, I"m that guy who is always spitting nonsense about the Doc, and 99% of the time you would be right. Doc does really well vs. Jiggly, I'm not going to say he has the advantage because frankly I have NO idea how this matchup would play out in top level play because there has never been a top level Doc. There are no set rest combos on Doc, pill spam is too good agaisnt Jiggly, Usmash KO's very early, as well as a guaranteed dthrow-> fair KO with a wide % range.

Jiggly gets Doc off the stage... thats a free KO pretty much, but at least Doc can attempt to defend himself on the way back with aerials, pills, ptp and cape.
Utilt -> rest works just fine on Doc.
Jiggs cuts straight through pills.
Dthrow -> fair may be guaranteed, but how the **** are you planning to grab a top level Jiggs with Doc's terrible grab range?

Pikachu does better vs Jiggs than Doc does IMO, so if you're gonna use crap characters vs jiggs then I'd say that's the way to go.
Pikachu gets destroyed by Jiggs. Upsmash koing at 60 doesn't help when there's no way to hit the ****er.

Binx

Smash Master
Jiggs only really awful match up seems to be Fox. Doc can't even hit jiggs lol. her bair and fair walls to much against him, he also can't edgeguard her or grab her, and she can jab or fair or bair pills easily.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
yeah I think you're right, considering his grabs aren't as punishable and he can kill her with up kick after like 60% lol. however, she does really well vs him on some counterpick stages so I don't think it's awful. it's still tough though.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
hmm also how can this be the final tier list if mango is probly gonna keep ****** tournaments with puff and stuff? hes beaten m2k this year already..puff has to go up more, especially if this is based on tournies....mango won pound3 and rom, yet i havent dont remember chu or any other ic's main winning a tourney since like i started playing if ever...and yet theyre just .1 apart? nah

puff needs to go up more

otg

Smash Master
I'm not going to bother looking for it, he mentioned it in the Jiggly boards awhile ago. Maybe he can come in here to clarify, but it was for most of the reasons I already mentioned: he hates dealing with pills cause they do a lot of damage, dsmash/usmash KO's, throw Fair guaranteed for a large percent range, etc etc etc.

Doc also stops jiggs from camping the ledge with pills trajectory, and while yes Jiggly can cut through pills she has to space perfectly every single time to not take damage. I'm sure its an easy feat for some of you guys because you're all so amazing, or maybe it's not as easy you think. I can't tell you.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
out of the 3, 2 of them were mango right

a better question would be out of all the tourney's mango and m2k have attended together how many times has mango won?

itsnt it 2-1?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think mango (pound3, RoM), PC (OC3?) and Ken (Evo World... with the fun rules =\ lol)

i don't see how that's a "better question" though, when the question is, say, where the ICs stand

edit: i think i might be wrong; azen won VLS, right?

i guess m2k hasn't been as dominant as i thought -_-

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i think mango (pound3, RoM), PC (OC3?) and Ken (Evo World... with the fun rules =\ lol)

i don't see how that's a "better question" though, when the question is, say, where the ICs stand

edit: i think i might be wrong; azen won VLS, right?

i guess m2k hasn't been as dominant as i thought -_-
i said that because the ic's are only .1 behind puff, and puff has won more tourneys recently, like you said the 2 mango won...therefor she should be higher since the list is based on tourney results right?

also i know mango was at evo world, but what about VLS and oc3? the more recent you get the better mango has gotten, thus puff should be going up, since thats who he uses.

Vts

Smash Champion
true mango has won more tournament recently but over all chu-dat and wobbles have won tournaments/ placed top 5 in almost ever major event they've been to.

i believe they should be tied with jigs and c.falcon.

speaking of falcon how many tournaments has he won? TO4 and some Nor Cals? anything else really?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
technically rom too lol

but nah, i think theyre should be a post brawl tier list..

the accomplishment's of people who dont even play the game anymore shouldnt effect a current day tier list. they could be in like a hall of fame, but they should have nothing to do with todays list.

like in baseball, you cant say Babe Ruth made the yankes top tier of baseball for this year because he lead them to however many world series' back in the day.... yankees are garbage now...

i think thats a pretty good analogy right? idk lol

Grmo

Smash Champion
LOL nice pic

I'm stealing that.

no but seriously. Jiggs is so much better lol. Her priority and moves are better, not to mention she's an amazing gimper with excellent edgeguarding and a move that makes you die instantly.

Vts

Smash Champion
LOL nice pic

I'm stealing that.

no but seriously. Jiggs is so much better lol. Her priority and moves are better, not to mention she's an amazing gimper with excellent edgeguarding and a move that makes you die instantly.
shh let me dream that my character us better than an evil piece of gum that fell into a bucket of singer back wash with a mix of radiation and parts of a girl's dead body to eat from.

Grmo

Smash Champion
lmao alright. I definitely agree with doing a 2009 tier list. Anyway, back on the topic of Ganon:

I actually do feel that he can generate a fair bit of offense. His fair has really good range and doesn't lag too badly, and you can space it for a lot of pressure. Not only that, but you have you avoid his moves or else you're gonna take a lot of damage, and a good Ganon usually has some tricks up his sleeve to get those hits on you. He's slow as feck, but I think he's very dangerous in terms of offense. I'm more afraid of him than Falcon, since Falcon's priority is so low. With Falcon, you often have to make them chase you so you can start up combos, whereas I find it much easier to stand my ground with Ganon. It may just be me, I dunno. What do you find?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
falcon is definitely scarier then ganon cuz he can knee you.... and he can moonwalk backwards off the stage...and he can jump like 2 miles out to kill you with a knee....

kage is really good with ganon

lol i just read this and its like the worst post ever, but w/e

Divinokage

Smash Legend
falcon is definitely scarier then ganon cuz he can knee you.... and he can moonwalk backwards off the stage...and he can jump like 2 miles out to kill you with a knee....

kage is really good with ganon

lol i just read this and its like the worst post ever, but w/e
You should fight me then you'll know what fear truly is, ask PC. lol.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Ganon gets crippled on FD, due to no platforms, but you can still deal out some wicked damage in a short time. Dair to Dthrow to Fair/Bair. Holy hell.

EDIT! OMG! everywhere I post, Kage is like one above me. Like really now.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
That Yankees analogy is not a good one. A baseball team consists of a group of people. When those people decide to move on, retire, die, etc. They leave, and are replaced with different people, who may or may not be good "replacements" for the old guys. Thusly, you have an ever-changing character developing through time. Kirby, however, has the same throws he had in 2001. Fox still has the same U-Smash. In baseball, the "character" (Team) is always changing different aspects about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom