• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah i remember that period of filler, thats why i know the manga was the same. For some reason the manga had no filler and moved on regularly so i read all that and like 2 years later the anime finally got back on track.

But the anime was never the same as it once was... Those first 104 episodes changed my life :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah haha. those fillers really ruined the anime

now the soundtrack is totally diff. the animation is still good but because of the fillers, there's no real sense of solid continuity in the anime. the new orchestrated soundtrack when it converted to shippuuden was just weird

but yeah, the animation on some fights is still really good, i feel like there's one animator they have reserved just to do the really cool fights (sakura/chiyo vs sasori, jiraiya vs pain, sasuke vs killerbee... am i missing any?) i think you guys know what i'm talking about

prob the same guy who did sasuke vs orochimaru, gaara vs lee, 3rd hokage vs orochimaru/1st/2nd hokages, naruto vs sasuke at the waterfall

The Star King

Smash Hero
why do you hate it? it's one of the best mangas of all time lol.

of course it's still going! i think it's just about a little past halfway, according to what the author has said
One Piece is so overrated dude

It's OK at best

Better than the garbage known as Bleach though LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
one piece's manga is much better than the anime

pacing, panels and stuff... much cooler delivery. if u wanna be a purist, just gotta read the manga xD

i know animes have colors and music and intros and all that... but one piece is written as a manga so i feel the story is best told that way

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If we count movies in the Dragon Ball storyline, Goku is eventually the strongest non-fused character in the series. Case and point, Hirudegarn. Gohan with his powers awakened got owned pretty badly by him, but once Goku reached Super Saiyan 3, pretty much wiped the floor with Hirudegarn. And before people go, "THAT WAS JUST THE MOVIES SHADDUP"

I think it was on to something with Goku still being the best. Think about it. In the manga/anime, Gohan with his powers unlocked became the strongest non-fused character. Gohan had reached his peak. Meanwhile, throughout the entirety of the Buu saga, it was very clear that the Super Saiyan 3 transformation was unmastered and premature. If we take the Hirudegarn movie into consideration and how Goku did THERE as a Super Saiyan 3, I'd say that once Goku mastered the Super Saiyan 3 transformation, he was stronger than Gohan was. Even against Kid Buu, if Goku was able to reach his full power in that form, he would have defeated him. Lo and behold, the initial drawback of drastically draining his energy, so no dice.

I guess it's more or less theoretical, but imo, Goku's still the strongest non-fused thanks to mastery of Super Saiyan 3. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I feel like DBZ is still only good because of nostalgia and after the Frieza Saga it just isn't really relevant to my interests anymore and that there are several other anime's I'd rather watch.
So I don't really care who the most powerful non-fused character is.

but if u want to know, it's totally Omega Shenron. :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... screw GT. D:

To me, my favorite sagas were the Android/Cell seasons. Though the Super Saiyans were above the others, the other characters STILL had their moments. Krillin going up against Imperfect Cell, Piccolo surpassing Vegeta and equally matching the Androids, Tien keeping Semi-Perfect Cell at bay with Tri-Beam, the Z-Fighters trying to attack Cell as he beam-struggled with Gohan...

Everybody was still important, though it was still clear that the Saiyans were the strongest still.

It's hard to decide between the Frieza Saga and the Android/Cell Saga. On one hand the emotional attachment to avenging the Saiyan race was what made Frieza so awesome. The Androids and Cell? An awesome throwback to Dragon Ball and the revenge of the Red Ribbon Army. In the end, they finally got their revenge by killing Goku through Cell.

Tough call.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
hm yeah. i also feel that FMA was better as anime, tho some ppl debate this
I never feel like plot/action driven series are better as anime if they're originally manga >__> for whatever reason

I do appreciate the original FMA TV series though because they had to make the entire storyline up and I thought it wasn't bad at all. Haven't watched brotherhood though

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I feel like DBZ is still only good because of nostalgia and after the Frieza Saga it just isn't really relevant to my interests anymore and that there are several other anime's I'd rather watch.
the anime's still okay after the frieza saga, but it's totally not legit once GT hits, not only because that's not canon but it's just very...different and more grim than db and dbz and has a ton of stupid **** in it

The earlier days of db and dbz are definitely the most legit, because it's not a contest about who's stronger and who can attempt to destroy a planet better than the last villain (which is all gt is), but it's more about people meeting each other and learning new things with characters that eventually become very familiar, and seeing them grow. Kinda like how the early indigo/orange island episodes of pokemon were legit when we were children, but how the new **** is so stale, dragging on forever and never ending. That series was supposed to end after the original series (which was from indigo to the end of johto), and it would've made PERFECT sense if they ended it there and started a new bs adventure with different characters, but then they just dragged it even further to the point where it's not exciting anymore because there are no climaxes and no goals to be achieved, really.

bleh, 5 am ranting, I need a job right now LOL :(

edit: i should also mention the android stuff in dbz/dbgt is stupid and confusing, all of the "grim future" bs and then the reviving of some androids and escaping hell and stupid **** that happened in gt with them...i can't remember a lot of it but i remember it being really gay. then again, pretty much everything in gt is gay anyway so whatever

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:) sounds good, yeah i've heard a lot of good things about it

even the first anime was really intense already

The Star King

Smash Hero
if you think that one piece is "ok at best" then you probably didn't get far enough into it
Possibly. I know it's a very long series.

But I read like, 20 volumes, which I feel is enough to give more than a chance.

If it takes THAT LONG too get good, I'm not going to bother.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im gonna spam a tourny real fast - Oklahomas Super Bit Wars Aug 20th. free food and drink btw ;D. our good friend Solidussppriggan (Forest Sharp) was making this his first national tourny before he tragically died in a car wreck july 3rd :(. we are tryin to get more people than just the midwest. gettin some AZ love as well. everyone should try and attend. its not just for melee its for brawl as well as other figher games

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol the fact that u asked while stating your talking about manga in the TIER list suggests that.... well that would be why! getting the thread back on track with MELEE! with a simple reminder of a tourny :awesome:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
im gonna spam a tourny real fast - Oklahomas Super Bit Wars Aug 20th. free food and drink btw ;D. our good friend Solidussppriggan (Forest Sharp) was making this his first national tourny before he tragically died in a car wreck july 3rd . we are tryin to get more people than just the midwest. gettin some AZ love as well. everyone should try and attend. its not just for melee its for brawl as well as other figher games

Top Bottom