• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Bones0

Smash Legend
All of these characters are horrible vs Peach.

If the Peach player while falling asleep unconsciously holds on to the controller and starts techskill practice routines, he still has a decent shot.
Well yeah, but that's only because Peach players' techskill practice routines are composed entirely of holding down on both sticks.

john!

Smash Hero
aaand this thread got ****ty again

all of your guys' peaches would get dumpstered by a decent kirby... but there's only like 3 decent kirby players total

but i guess having no experience in the matchup has never stopped most of you from posting before...

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
My official Useless Post Tier List:

1. Max
2. The Business
3. Shiny Mewtwo

Seriously, The Business, you know that you can just like a post if you don't want to say anything?
Why am I on there twice and how do you know my na-

o wait you're talking about OTG
So many callouts. I need to see documented MMs at Apex to settle this forum salt.
I would totally MM Purpletuce if I was going to Apex

and if I was actually good at the game

and if I actually cared about stupid **** that happens on forums

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Note: I forgot about The Hooded Informant. Glad that he isn't back.

It would be interesting to see the relative skills of different posters. . . Unfortunately I don't think I can afford to go to Apex. . . Although if you guys ever want to hit up an Oregon/Washington tourney, I might be there. Down to MM anyone (although probably for 1$ at a time).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
aaand this thread got ****ty again

all of your guys' peaches would get dumpstered by a decent kirby... but there's only like 3 decent kirby players total

but i guess having no experience in the matchup has never stopped most of you from posting before...
Decent Kirby beating a Peach =/= the matchup not being terrible. I haven't yet said that player skill isn't a factor here. It's the most important factor, and a very good Kirby can very well beat a Peach. A very good Bowser can very well beat a Sheik. But that says way more about the skill level of the players than it does about the matchup. No one here is saying "I'd beat the best Kirby easy." We're saying, "This matchup is probably piss awful for Kirby." Jeez.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
It would be interesting to see the relative skills of different posters
I'm going to attempt a tier list of people who posted on the last page (page 361, 40 PPP)

This will probably be extremely inaccurate after the first couple people.

Top Tier:
KirbyKaze
Kage

High tier
Strong Bad
knightpraetor
Sveet

Mid Tier
Bones0

I haven't heard of these people from a tournament results standpoint tier
MaxwellMouse
Ezzee
john!
V
Xyzz
ShroudedOne
Alcoholicsementhrower
Fourstar
Deathconsciousness
The Business

Australia tier
Grim Tuesday

Plays a crappy character tier
Purpletuce
Shiny Mewtwo aka JIGGLYSIR

Max?

Smash Champion
My official Useless Post Tier List:

1. Max
2. The Business
3. Shiny Mewtwo

Seriously, The Business, you know that you can just like a post if you don't want to say anything?

Lol, coming from you that is hilarious. Your posts are ****ing ******** 99% of the time.

Bones0

Smash Legend
However, I have half as many likes as you with 1/4 the amount of posts. So on a pure like : post basis, I win ;)
Likes didn't exist for the first 7 years I was posting, broski. Assuming the liking system began in February 2013 (it was around that time since I got my first one in late February), I have posted 1,052 times since then (omg lol), and you have posted 555 times.

Me: 684 likes / 792 posts = 86.36% :cool:
You: 372 likes / 555 posts = 67.02% :c

If you're gonna come at me, you had better come correct.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was insane to think this thread would have progressed at all since last year. I just didn't think it would sink to this point either. I mean....are we really at the point where we are arguing that Ness and Kirby Go even with or beat Peach? Really? ok.

you got it jimmy.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Likes didn't exist for the first 7 years I was posting, broski. Assuming the liking system began in February 2013 (it was around that time since I got my first one in late February), I have posted 1,052 times since then (omg lol), and you have posted 555 times.

If you're going to try and make up data at least keep your numbers consistent.

Using your first number:
You: 684 likes / 1052 posts = 65.02% :O
Me: 372 likes / 555 posts = 67.02%

Looks like I win ;)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I was insane to think this thread would have progressed at all since last year. I just didn't think it would sink to this point either. I mean....are we really at the point where we are arguing that Ness and Kirby Go even with or beat Peach? Really? ok.

you got it jimmy.

With the power of basic reading comprehension, you may find that not a single person suggested that Ness/Kirby go even with or beat Peach.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
With the power of basic reading comprehension, you may find that not a single person suggested that Ness/Kirby go even with or beat Peach.

Implied. it's like the legendary "soft counter" debates....why do people even argue characters who might as well not exist anyway?

Would it really hurt melee if Ness, Kirby, Pichu were deleted? Nope

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
You people are the reason the rest of the general competitive fighting game scene laughs at us.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Lol, coming from you that is hilarious. Your posts are ****ing ******** 99% of the time.

Using your first number:

Looks like I win ;)
kill yourselves

Bones0

Smash Legend

Using your first number:

Looks like I win ;)
LOL Whoops, I miscounted the posts the first time and forgot to change them. Guess I'll just have to step my game up.

kill yourselves

u mad?

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
kill yourselves
If the three of us killed ourselves this thread would become so much more boring though. Since I believe the purpose of life is to entertain people, killing myself would go against my beliefs as only an extremely sick ******* would get entertained by my death.

So sorry to disappoint you, though

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If the three of us killed ourselves this thread would become so much more boring though. Since I believe the purpose of life is to entertain people, killing myself would go against my beliefs as only an extremely sick ******* would get entertained by my death.

So sorry to disappoint you, though

You can't entertain anyone by going to their levels, that's for sure.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
this thread is as hilarious as always. There have been so few useful posts on smashboards in the last two weeks, but at least the comedy hasn't died.

on a random side note, if you're a peach main it can be fun to play ness and abuse his djc and nair to basically play as a peach in the air with inferior range and followups. Pretty good handicap while still letting you practice peach related skills. ness's nair is so god tier!!~

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
on a random side note, if you're a peach main it can be fun to play ness and abuse his djc and nair to basically play as a peach in the air with inferior range and followups. Pretty good handicap while still letting you practice peach related skills. ness's nair is so god tier!!~

funnily enough, a peach player CP'd me with his Ness last tournament I went to

sadly, it did not work out well for him

Xyzz

Smash Champion
this thread is as hilarious as always. There have been so few useful posts on smashboards in the last two weeks, but at least the comedy hasn't died.
Are there EVER useful posts in this thread? :D

Also: There have been so few posts in the last two weeks period. Considering that the boards have just been up for one week and there really wasn't a "ohhh i need to get back and post that"-rush-thing that kind of makes sense, tbh ;)

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
You can't entertain anyone by going to their levels, that's for sure.
I can entertain people however I want tyvm

You're welcome :happysheep:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Only a fool attempts the same thing hoping for a different results, Shiny. You really think by saying the same low level jokes with people understanding the same thing will entertain them? Pfttt.... You need talent! You need to open their eyes to something more.

Entertainment is watching high level play, who would want to watch some random dude play?

D

Deleted member

to be fair, using ness to cover your holes as a peach player is about as good as using kirby to cover your holes as a sheik player.

except i'm pretty sure that kirby is better than ness at this point.

and more fun. since winning occasionally is fun.

D

Deleted member

Really now? What makes you say so?

It's not a particularly imperative question, just my curiosity getting the better of me.
idk just a feel thing. kirby's neutral game is just less terrible because crouch and WD back abuse makes life harder for the opponent than anything ness can do.

i also can't beat chu's ICs with ness no matter how many times i play the match so maybe i'm a biased whore lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
to be fair, using ness to cover your holes as a peach player is about as good as using kirby to cover your holes as a sheik player.

except i'm pretty sure that kirby is better than ness at this point.

and more fun. since winning occasionally is fun.
i agree but only because sheik can transform into zelda

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i heard there was a weiner in here whose name rhymes with "hiney mewtwo"

Top Bottom