• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You didn't beat Darkrain.
Perhaps you should learn to read a little. I was just saying I have the skill to have a good chance to beat a player outside of the top 5.

It means they are playing the matchup wrong :troll:

Seriously, do you really manage to defeat S2J / Haxx / Mango Falcon in more than like the 5% of matches where you get really lucky with techreads and stuff (blah techreads are not really luck blah)? If so I am mad impressed.
If that's what people see in my skill level for real then that's really funny. That would mean I'll forever be completely underestimated. But ya only 5% you say.. I'd say I can win minimum 30% for sure if not 40. That matchup is not impossible, it's basically the first one in shield will get ****ed up. There's no falcons or marths that is capable to own me repeatedly, it's impossible.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think you're really good (somewhere in that "Axe, S2J, Shroomed, ..."-tier), I just always thought Falcon really poops on Ganon (:
It's not as bad as the spacies nor Sheik and anyhow the first one to be off-stage as well, dies 100% of the time. There's simply no way to miss.. especially with Ganon who can cover a ****ton of area with his huge hitboxes. If you really are getting owned then it means you weren't precise enough or your DI wasn't good most of the time. If you can DI out of Falcon's or even Marth's combo which is realistically doable everytime then you'll be fine because you'll make him have to reset the situation where you can have an opportunity to hit him back and gain momentum.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Ganon loses badly to Falcon (I think he does, but I don't feel like arguing with Kage) then it's mostly to do with a disparity in quality of their first hit games, rather than their punishment games.

They both hit each other pretty hard.

D

Deleted member

If Ganon loses badly to Falcon (I think he does, but I don't feel like arguing with Kage) then it's mostly to do with a disparity in quality of their first hit games, rather than their punishment games.

They both hit each other pretty hard.
on FD yeah, on DL64 probably. on BF/FoD not so much. on YS ganon probably wins.

i think falcon wins too but not "badly". our stage list is boring kinda.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
If falcon has room to maneouver and harass ganon with nair, its strongly in his favor. If the blastboxes are stupidly small (YS) id say its even/maybe slight advantage ganon.

If its FoD ganon wins hands down because of the platforms automatically antiairing falcon and ganons ftilt making defense easy.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ok but basically as you can see a lot of the stages devolve into stupid gameplay that tends to abuse features of the level to create infinite runaway, certain kinds of stale-mating, and so forth more than the combat interactions on flatland with certain kinds of platform interference that we've collectively decided (somewhat arbitrarily) is the true measure of skill in this game.

D

Deleted member

you're just mad cause you suck at ice climber dittos on brinstar depths.

D

Deleted member

i'm a genius @ making this game unplayable.

at the very least it will be glorious to record.

edit: my favorite is marth 4 player FFA on YS with bombs on very high. wlet's do one and put it on youtube.

D

Deleted member

i won the one with ken azen and m2k in 2006

no one even wanted to play it but azen

i think thats when jason discovered edge camping

hindsight 20/20 lol

edit: also pressing buttons with kevin is depressing and can only end in alcohol.

D

Deleted member

i'm pretty sure kevin is an alcoholic.

he's probably drinking right now.

actually i know he's drinking right now so

basically this post makes me an ******* LOL

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Ive always been a fan of marth free for alls on temple, its called "Fair to the finish"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like how Twinkles posted combo breaker and we're just continuing the conversation as if he's not even here

Kevin is an alcoholic? Can't say I'm too surprised

Anand

Smash Journeyman
What prevents every stage from being legal/neutral in a ditto.

Half-serious question
This also couldn't happen in our current counterpicking system, because stage is picked before character. Even for the first game, when characters are picked first, are you saying to strike from all the stages? That takes so long!

D

Deleted member

seriously though mewtwo dittos on hhyrule temple witout a timer.

it's like strictly a test of willpower

Top Bottom