• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Tournament Results Thread

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Started editing the OP and stuff, trying to keep track of our tourney results. We gotta step it up guys, and by we I mean me. And you guys, too.

Also, Shaky and Smash64 **** with Ness. I haven't seen FOW's Ness tho.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ranbat's I'd consider decent. Lost to Nakat (ranked fox player in NJ) and RJ (good friend of mine who is better than me. He also has really stepped it up). I feel like I could've done better at KTAR. Seeing the bracket though, if I was to beat EE (both games were close. I'll get him next time) I wouldn't have gone any father than that because I would've had to face Deltacod. Although I don't fail and actually know how to fight Yoshi, he is better than me and I would've lost. I might have taken a game off of him on my CP (good chance it would've been YI since he normally bans Brinstar) but there's a very good chance he would've won the set.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
MW Mario's. 97th place. Man, **** that for the future. :(

Not sure my next tourney appearance. Might be Keister's at the end of the month. Good luck to all APEX Mario's as well as any other tourney goers!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I was at WGF...entered Melee though lol.

ViceGrip himself took me to WGF haha.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
A2 managed to FLUDD me with gaw he's THAT good :). I just play melee Ness now (it's somehow fun to relearn melee with a debuffed ness), playing brawl competitively has lost its charm/gives me too much of a headache these days.

That was an amazing thread btw, I would rank it as Vato's greatest contribution to swf.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hush Vice, I wanted to keep it a surprise. =O

I don't have replays sadly...I went like 50/50 Mario and G&W. It really just depended on my mood. But yeah I actually beat ViceGrip with my G&W. DownB says lol@Ness. I dunno why ViceGrip took me back to BF despite the fact I was doing better on that stage than he was. I sat on platforms, D-tilted when I saw a horizontal air approach coming. Generally speaking ViceGrip had trouble punishing me for sitting on platforms.

I actually beat Kirds's ICs with Mario in losers. I bracket ***** myself first match I played by going up against him initially. He beat my G&W on BF and then I CPed him to Brinstar (he picked MK for that stage), where I ****ed up and still lost despite 9ing him in tournament. Then when I met Kirds in losers, he beat me again on BF with the ICs, and then I clutched it out on Lylat. He grabbed me out of my midair jump next to the ledge last stock and tried to edgehog me. I read that, Cape Stalled his invul frames, and stagespiked him for the win. I forgot what happened on Smashville, but like on his last stock I must have like footstooled Nana or something gay while I had 2 stocks, and then I just played gay as Mario since Sopo is arguably a worse character than Ganon. Wasn't hard to just keep juggling him until he was at a percent that I could trap his airdodge and kill him with D-smash. Btw guys vs the ICs, do more F-throw -> D-smash. Best way to separate the ICs and gets them offstage like a pro.

I also beat a low level Snake main with my Mario. Dunno what to say besides I mindgamed him with F-smash really well.

I lost to SRK's ROB/DK. I beat his DK first match by just going Falco and being Falco (match lasted 7 minutes 45 seconds and killed him by edgetrapping with sourspot B-air at like 270%). Lost to his ROB since my Falco sucks. Almost beat his DK with my Mario on Brinstar but ****ed up on the last stock and somehow got U-smashed. Was doing well vs his DK on BF with G&W but I was out of juice and couldn't space safely anymore and I essentially let myself get 2stocked.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Bright's rob and dk are legit. If bright was active and more well known he'd be a top 5 rob AND dk for sure, he's that good. All that DSF training here in Santa Barbara. A2's mario does well vs bright's Rob btw. I think it's cause Mario can break rob's camping pretty well (and camp pretty decently himself) and bright relies on heavy camping.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Generally speaking I feel I need to just be more consistent against SRK's DK without using Falco, given that my Falco I feel gets ***** by matchups that actually require me to be skilled. For the most part, I understand his strategies and what I need to do to win. And of course, Bright adapts his character choice much like I do.

That one match where my Mario beat his ROB I feel depended on the fact that I stole the Gyro from him, though having a reflector helps with that....if I could do a similar strategy with Falco I'd probably be set, though the one thing he doesn't have that Mario does is flexible mobility, which is something I'm still getting used to.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I wanna see videos after pound5 boss, 2fast, kirin & Omari. :roll:

:mario2: <----He's really top-tier, but no one kares.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see videos after pound5 boss, 2fast, kirin & Omari. :roll:
I'll be recording all my MMs and tourney mathes but I'd
need to find someone to upload them to youtube. My pool may be on stream though since Tant said he liked pool 13 and I'm in pool 13.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol, my man Omari goin up against Slikvik huh?

I'll put that on my list of "matches to watch" :awesome:

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Coolwhip: I'll do my best to get as many replays up of me at *Pound* V as I can & thanks for your support.

Lol, my man Omari goin up against Slikvik huh?

I'll put that on my list of "matches to watch" :awesome:

Pool23 (My Pool) consists of ESAM (Pikachu), Radios (ICs), Silkvik (Wario) & possibly another smasher (most likely a top contender). Thanks for your support Matador (if anyone would like to play me at *Pound* V just look for a chill brown person with mad Mario gear on).

Even though I know most of the MUs in SSBB, any type of last minute cheat sheets are appreciated. My main objective/goal is to have as much fun as I can (not worrying about winning or losing but more so playing the MUs (characters, stages, etc.), being an unreal sportsman about the game we love to play, hanging out with other smashers, learning (always something new to learn) from other smashers, learning from my weaknesses & modifying my strengths to create a Glass Mario) at *Pound* V!!!

10:mario2:gimps

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Omari's pool is awful. I don't know how good radios is but Esam and Slikvik is ugh. Good luck fellow mario. Not one Mario got some easy pool but the brotherhood stands strong.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
My objective/goal isn't to get free wins (whether they be pools, MMs or/& brackets). My objective/goal is to become a better smasher, person & Mario main (never the best because that's an opinion) then what I was a moment ago. Personally, I'm thankful I received a challenging pool.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My objective/goal isn't to get free wins (whether they be pools, MMs or/& brackets). My objective/goal is to become a better smasher, person & Mario main (never the best because that's an opinion) then what I was a moment ago. Personally, I'm thankful I received a challenging pool.
That's the best mentality you can possibly have IMO, whether in smash or anything else.

Good luck all of you guys.

SKidd

Smash Master
100+ Respect points to Omari, do your very best at Pound V, and remember the way of the Mario!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I think I'm luckier than Omari. I'm pretty sure I can make it out of pools with not too much worry, but it's not like my pool is completely free. I did my best at Apex and did better than I thought I would (wasn't even fully expecting to get to round 2 pools) and I plan to do it here. I want to cause another hype moment which means I gotta really stand my own against Will or Boss. Maybe even take a game off one or both of them.

Top Bottom