• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Tournament Results Thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
FYI All Mario mains.

Hilt has introduced the idea of an Olimar vs. Mario crew battle. I think we should do it.
Yes! 100x yes! I need to learn that MU anyway. We're probably going to get wrecked though XD

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Past tournaments:

Jan 2011:

RanBats - 17th/42. I thought it was decent.

Future tourneys:

KTAR (hopefully)
Pound 5

@Xero, I hate Olimar with a passion, but I know the MU. If you guys insist on this happening ok. Are we just gonna challenge people to character crew battles but have it never happen?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, kinda sad that didn't happen, especially after reminding a few Marios about it...

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Came back from a tourney, but I got *****.
However, I can see a HUGE gap of improvement from my last tourney! My Mario was good enough that I was confident in using him over his greener brother, and I actually won some games with him

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I did poorly at KTAR. Lost to Snakeee who did a lot of ZSS shenanigans and EE who was MK. I learned a couple things about ZSS like don't edge hog her and I learned I gotta figure out how to not always get punished by nado when fireball camping

SKidd

Smash Master
I got last at Phoenix 5.

Doubles and singles.

... ****, man...

Tourney was pretty fun though.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I got last at Phoenix 5.

Doubles and singles.

... ****, man...

Tourney was pretty fun though.
Don't worry about it dude. Just reflect on your matches and come back armed with that knowledge next time.

You got this! :awesome:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Don't worry about it dude. Just reflect on your matches and come back armed with that knowledge next time.

You got this! :awesome:
This. I learned I have to not be afraid of MK and just try to successfully approach and see what happens . One of the reasons I lost to EE. I was too afraid to approach so I fireball camped the whole time XD. Also I learned some ZSS things from playing Snakeee like don't hog the ledge because her UpB will drag you down.

Btw I plan to be at Brawl in the Streetz. Gonna be my first MD/VA tourney so I hope all goes well.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I need to go a offline tourney. I believe i got what it takes to win a tourney with mario. I feel that my mario is "Legit" enough to play against top-tier characters & win. Talking is one thing, but walking is another.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Don't talk too much though. Confidence is good, but there are really good players out there. No idea if any live in your area though. Also beating a top tier doesn't mean much is the player isn't good :p. Aim to beat the better players, not the bad players using good characters.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Don't talk too much though. Confidence is good, but there are really good players out there. No idea if any live in your area though. Also beating a top tier doesn't mean much is the player isn't good :p. Aim to beat the better players, not the bad players using good characters.
I know what you mean. beating a well known top-tier player is gold for Ltier players. & i'm from chi-town, so theres some pretty good players here. Bo_X7 lives close by my grandma's house. LOL

steep

Smash Lord
Hey you can put me down for Aperture Science Caleb. And if you wanna car pool then let me know!

Calebyte

Smash Lord
You'll get there Vato, that was a tough crowd. You did well considering that, and you should be proud! Keep at it, I believe in you! ^_^

EDIT: Thursday is my Get-****-done-on-the-Mario-boards-day so I will update this and other threads tonight.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Gotcha. *notices a Ness got 3rd and there is a Sonic and 2 Fox's and only 2 MKs in the top 10*

This sounds like a WC tourney XD. Surprised tkd got 9th though. Must've faced some tough people.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Blasphemy...Sonics, Nesses, and Foxes placing high...

Mario is nowhere to be seen outside Vato.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The only ness player i know that can place high & **** marios is vicegrip. If ya don't believe me then ask vato & flameleon. I played vice, I don't wanna remember that ish. (wi-fi)

Top Bottom