• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Link Question and Answer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Question:

Does the moderation here at SWF openly hate all Link mainers? To be quite honest, I feel like mods have it in for us and are set out on making Link mainers' lives miserable and full of even MORE problems.

Things to watch out for in a match:
Being punished
Being gimped
Your bombs being caught
A character chaingrabbing you
The opponent's moves
Buzz locking your thread

I find there's less joy waiting for me on SWF every time I sign on...

sasook

Smash Champion
I agree Waffz, this place really is getting dull. I may stop coming here so frequently and just hang out at the ZSS boards. Though, it's not all the mods' faults. TBH, most of them have been pretty cool (Youko, Gimpy, Hylian). Just freakin' Buzz killed.....everything. Yay for hated mods modding our boards.

EDIT: Deva should be a mod. His bro already is one, and he'd make a great mod who doesn't act toon link and close everything in sight.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Does the moderation here at SWF openly hate all Link mainers? To be quite honest, I feel like mods have it in for us and are set out on making Link mainers' lives miserable and full of even MORE problems.
Do Link mains openly hate all the SWF rules? You wouldn't feel so targeted if you weren't trying to start a revolution.

D

Deleted member

Do Link mains openly hate all the SWF rules? You wouldn't feel so targeted if you weren't trying to start a revolution.
we don't hate the rules, we hate when randoms come onto our forums and start acting like the king just because they have a red name. youko and hylian are doing their jobs right, you're just pissing us off on purpose. seriously YOU cause more problems than all the threads you close and you try to play all innocent afterwards. **** that noise dude.

stop coming to the link boards trying to start ****

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Whut? A revolution?

Arkive is right, Hylian and Youko are doing a good job as moderators and you're really the only one on the Link boards that's really causing the "problems". Not one of us Link mainers had any sort of problem with ANYBODY, or anything until you tried to take control and correct a community that needed no correcting.

I was okay with the closing of the first tier list and such, because you had valid reasoning to do so, but now I feel that honestly Buzz, you're either trying to antagonize us or ruin the Link boards as a whole. Gun to my head, I'd say both.

You've done your job and closed the spammy/disallowed threads. Now leave the rest to Hylian and Youko, I say.

I think you should know your presence here in the Link boards is causing the very kind of thing you've been meaning to prevent.

WaffleZ makes a point. We had a working system in place, then the 'revolution' came from your end, we're just defending our traditions and our homes. Get off our collective rock.

Link mains can only see the grave yard of threads and think of you as an invader, and murderer of their children. You = Interweb Viking.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
HAHAHA! You think I am targeting the Link boards? Did it ever occur to you that if I were not around, another mod would just step in and do everything I've done?

D

Deleted member

wow buzz wtf are you smoking god ****

every other mod has been cool with us, and you're the ONLY mod we've ever wanted off of our boards. you cause so many fcking problems, seriously gtfo. you aren't helping, infact you're doing the total opposite.

seriously stop acting TL and get off of my boards. and yes they ARE my boards, ask any fcking link main here. they'll listen to me before they even think about listening to you.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I can't say I've said much (in these boards) about the issue, but yeah.

*3rd's Arkive, simultaneously 2nd'ing Wafflez in the process*

Never with any other mod has it been bad like this, or even close to.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If you have a problem with my moderation, file a formal complaint. You are all throwing fits because I closed threads that violated the rules, but you choose to view it as Buzz's vendetta.

I don't need your guys' welcome to do my job. I also do not care if you like/hate me. I can visit any room that I please.

D

Deleted member

i already filed a complaint, and if you choose to keep coming here we WILL flame you

edit: just so buzz doesn't close this thread for being a "good mod"

Question: what are your guys worst problems with jab locking? i'm thinking about making a jab lock video tut, if you guys tell me the problems you have with jab locking i'll be able to put more info into the video.

Enough complaints get filed and said job gets whiffed, amirite?

that modstick you wave around like an over compensatory ***** replacement keeps skewering our threads, the boards have all but died as a result.

this may have started with a thread lock that you thought was warranted to prevent possible future offences, but after that is when thigns statrted to get out of hand. Ever since the boards have gone downhill, and when we asked for jutification, we got a less than in depth answer to it, and both sides got offended. whether it started this way or not, it has become something of a case of targetting. We can smell the dislike. We feel descriminated against, and I think the minor escalation after the innitial thread lock(s) has lead both sides to a state of distrust and dislike.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
It's your attitude dude. Just fyi if you haven't caught on yet.

Whether or not you agree or recognize it, you come across to us in a very condescending/arrogant manner. Maybe things would be different if that hadn't been the case.

We do not see it as "Buzz's Vendetta," as you so aptly stated it, but ratherthe, "Buzz's Acting as if he is Superior to us in Every way, shape, and form because he says so," aura that you seem to radiate.

Simply said, we are not mad at what you do, so much as your way of doing it; and the lack of making practical judgement you seem to have.

Ex: We don't want a mod coming in telling us, "I can visit any room that I please." Sure, that's a fact. Goody-goody-two-shoes, la-dee-da. But saying that really implies a message along the lines of, "Have all the good reasons you want, I'll still be here to run this like a dictatorship."

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but do you see the angle here? We can deal if you can act more tolerably.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Name the threads I locked that ruined the fun. You keep referring to "threads" in the plural like I have knocked out a dozen threads, but I think I've locked... 2 threads? 3 threads? And two of them were duplicate attempts at the same topic. I've done nothing except what is expected of me.

And no, a million members complaining about me won't get my job taken away. A million valid complaints of me doing my job inappropriately will lead to my job being taken away. So far, I haven't seen much of that. I just see members feeling broken that their play threads happened to violate rules that I never wrote.

@Blubba - Haha OK. My saying "I can go where I want" is considered arrogant, but a few members saying "you're not welcome here" is completely valid? That's funny considering that these members have ZERO ownership over this forum.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
you know, the funny thing is that I've always thought that you're not doing a good job until you've got people hating on you.

Lets look at the threads closed recently.

Peace Out Someone leaving who decides to make a thread to flame people as he goes. Deserves to be closed? YES

Why do you guys respect Aurashade Someone who doesn't like someone, so decides to make a thread insulting them. Deserves to be closed? YES.

Link Player tier List thread #1
Link Player tier List thread #1

As per forum rules, we don't allow threads about specific members. this breaks forum rules, thus is closed.

Not using projectiles? A thread that should have been posted in the QA thread. Should this be closed? YES

Uh oh "Hai! Fino wants to learn link. Help please :D Toon link is gay" Deserves to be closed? YES

Those threads are the ones closed in the last 48 hours.

Link mains can only see the grave yard of threads and think of you as an invader, and murderer of their children. You = Interweb Viking.
Yeah i actually have never seen this many locked threads on this board...[/quote]

Are you saying that those threads shouldn't have been locked?

seriously stop acting TL and get off of my boards. and yes they ARE my boards, ask any fcking link main here. they'll listen to me before they even think about listening to you.
Oh really? These are your boards? How silly of me, I thought they were MLg's boards. If this is your boards, you must be able to demod Buzz then. No? How about reopen the threads you think he wrongly closed. No? How about at least sticky a thread, surely you can do that since these are your boards, yeah? Oh wait, you can't because these are NOT your boards. If you can't follow the rules and don't like receiving the infractions that come with it, I suggest that you either

a) Grow up, do the right thing and get along, or
b) Go somewhere else

Any further complaints about Buzz will receive infractions, and ANY further discussion about this in this thread will result in it's closure, and being remade from scratch.

this is not the place to go if you have a complaint with a moderator, that is what forum disputes is for. Only the admins can see what's posted in there, not even Smods like myself. So if you don't like what myself or Buzz has said or done, post there and not here, because all that will happen is you WILL be infracted.

you also have zero ownership, you have authority handed to you by the owners, who I'm assuming wish for happy users. The idea in lockign threads to prevent hurt feelings or whatever it was is a bit redundant if you end up makign everyone angry.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Buzz, I've talked to you before through PMs in a reasonable manner when the first Link tier list was closed. I tried to our argue a case for re-opening the thread, but in the end you decided to keep it closed. I did not agree with it but I understood your position and thanked you for at least talking about the issue with me.

My argument now is not about the threads that have been closed. Now the issue I have is the fact that you are now inciting the behavior that you infract. You finished your job when you closed the threads and posted a reason. However, you keep posting messages and responding to people's comments, which serves no purpose but to add fire to the flames. Starting post with "HAHAHA" or ending them with "/sarcasm" only provokes people more. You said you don't play Link at all so I don't think you have any reason to post here other than to close threads, otherwise it seems to me to just be spam.

As you have already stated, if people have problems with your behavior they can file a formal complaint. There is no need to respond to any comments here.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
@Blubba - Haha OK. My saying "I can go where I want" is considered arrogant, but a few members saying "you're not welcome here" is completely valid? That's funny considering that these members have ZERO ownership over this forum.
True, but their saying that is most likely a response to their initial reaction of the attitude presented; basic human type thing to do. Ya' know?

As far as the ownership issue goes, I see what you mean, but, I think it is also probably wise to consider the fact that people are involved with these things. I mean, for example, let's say... you own a bike... but you never ride your bike, ever. Not in the history of Earth will that bike be ridden by you. So, naturally, when others are granted permission to use said bike, it is only to be expected that they feel they own it more than you do. They might not have any reciept, or legal proof, but emotionally it is theirs.

@Miccy 128y: I see you guys doing lots of good work. Closing threads that should indeed be closed. In fact, I'm pretty sure ALL those threads should have been closed with the exception of the tier list that was operated by Wafflez. Yes, it broke the rule. But as stated many times before, we all loved that thread, and everyone involved had no problem with it. Is it such a crime to bend the rules a little bit once in a blue moon for fun's sake? I think the complaint of "lots of threads being closed" was more oriented around the fact that people are already upset, and now just see a lot of threads closed regardless of what the thread was.

In short to all: do we really need to take everything so literal and to the point? Everyone deserves to chillax' here and there. That's what our list thread was, a place to chillax and have some lulz. In fact, I bet that if the original thread by Wafflez was re-opened, this entire ordeal would be a thing of the past. Sure, it'd break a rule in the process, but it'd be for a greater purpose.

Even Link has done a few immoral deeds on his path to saving Hyrule.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Maybe we should just all move to Allisbrawl where Deva IS a Mod and stop coming to these boards in sync with one another.......

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
aaaaand you show that you can't follow a simple instruction.

"Don't talk about this in this thread!" I said.

"I'll close it if you talk about it in this thread!" I said.

For people who 'emotionally own' this room, you're not helping at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom