• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Link Question and Answer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
why is everyone so into zair edgeguarding, runoff nairs is so much easier and better in most scenarios?
One word: Humiliation
Only half kidding :laugh: . Time and place my friend. Doing a Zair Edgeguard is better on some characters than Nair and vice versa. On Link mirrors...doing a Nair edge guard is better because our Up-B will usually eat through the frames of a Zair Edgeguard. Against Foxes and Falcos....Zair Edgeguard ***** their Up-B. Time and place really.

nope nairs always is the best when it has higher priority, against martha and Ike zair edgeguard is better, links UpB is also one of the moves I sometimes zair edgeguard but seriously, run off nairs> zair edgeguard.

EDIT: so youre correct, kind of, but not sayng what I want you to say.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Did you know:

AIR RELEASE ONLY
You can Grab Release Down Air Wario.
You can Grab Release Nair Wario.
You can Grab Release Fair Wario.
You can Grab Release Uair Wario.
You can Grab Release Up Smash Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Smash (first hit, careful timing) Wario
You can Grab Release, buffer turnaround, Up Tilt Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Tilt Wario.

The Down Air requires precise timing, you can just jump and nair, you can just jump and fair, up smash is easy, uair is a little tricky but not even worth it, forward smash is also tricky and may be worth it.

PS: The Down Air Kills at around 110%~ with good DI, and maybe 115-120% with Great DI.

PS: You MAY be able to tip him with Up-B (Grounded), but thats useless. I also believe they can jump out of it JUST before hitting it if they buffer a jump.

Now the question is:

Who else can we ground/air release to something? (Mostly worried about AIR RELEASES)

:mewtwo:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Did you know:

AIR RELEASE ONLY
You can Grab Release Down Air Wario.
You can Grab Release Nair Wario.
You can Grab Release Fair Wario.
You can Grab Release Uair Wario.
You can Grab Release Up Smash Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Smash (first hit, careful timing) Wario
You can Grab Release, buffer turnaround, Up Tilt Wario.
You can Grab Release Forward Tilt Wario.

The Down Air requires precise timing, you can just jump and nair, you can just jump and fair, up smash is easy, uair is a little tricky but not even worth it, forward smash is also tricky and may be worth it.

PS: The Down Air Kills at around 110%~ with good DI, and maybe 115-120% with Great DI.

Now the question is:

Who else can we ground/air release to something? (Mostly worried about AIR RELEASES)

Oh wow, the sheer awesomeness. Havokk, I <3 you.

SuSa

Oh wow, the sheer awesomeness. Havokk, I <3 you.
I'm going to misinterpret that and sig it.

ps:

I figured this may be 'gamebreaking' enough to post. I've never heard of a Link main saying 'why don't you grab release dair him')

Getting the grab is the hard part.

He also has to attempt to get out of the grab to Air Break. (test it on a player with 'control' and don't touch the controller, he'll ground break always :/)

You're welcome.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm going to misinterpret that and sig it.

ps:

I figured this may be 'gamebreaking' enough to post. I've never heard of a Link main saying 'why don't you grab release dair him')

Getting the grab is the hard part.

He also has to attempt to get out of the grab to Air Break. (test it on a player with 'control' and don't touch the controller, he'll ground break always :/)

You're welcome.

Lolol.

So the difference between ground breaking and air breaking is whether you are touching the contols or not? I'm not sure I get it.

SuSa

Lolol.

So the difference between ground breaking and air breaking is whether you are touching the contols or not? I'm not sure I get it.
If Wario breaks out while you are pummeling - GROUND BREAK

If Wario makes NO ATTEMPT TO BREAK OUT OF THE GRAB - MOSTLY GROUND BREAK ( I think at like 80-90%'s he starts to air break, not sure about that though)

If Wario TRIES TO BREAK OUT OF THE GRAB, AND YOU ARE NOT PUMMELING - AIR BREAK

Situational - Maybe
Useful - **** yes

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I remember there being a video about Smooth Boots somewhere and thought I favorited it....I can't find it. Anyone have a Link?

2nd. How do you pronounce Craq walk? I heard it was invented by a guy named iCraq but is pronunciation the same as "Crack"?

SuSa

I remember there being a video about Smooth Boots somewhere and thought I favorited it....I can't find it. Anyone have a Link?

2nd. How do you pronounce Craq walk? I heard it was invented by a guy named iCraq but is pronunciation the same as "Crack"?
Isn't the Link somewhere in the Link Guide?

2nd. It really doesn't matter IMO, and yes I pronounce it "Crack" because Q is pronounced like K.

PS:

This is why I make my own god**** mother ****ing threads. The subject changes to much in Q&A's and things get overlooked and missed.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
What's the best way to get out of a DDD chaingrab (besides bombs). Rolling, dodging ? Punching their throats? Worst case scenario and I don't have a bomb in my hand. Best way?

What's the best way to get out of a DDD chaingrab (besides bombs). Rolling, dodging ? Punching their throats? Worst case scenario and I don't have a bomb in my hand. Best way?
C-stick towards Dedede, control stick down and go for a spot dodge, this will sometimes work, but you need to be frame perfect against a D3 that isnt.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
I have a question.... when I bombslide to whatever direction I want, sometimes I end blowing up myself >_> as far as I know its because I am doing something wrong... but I cant figure out exactly what... I think its about the timing but I am not sure, and yeah, I have tap jump off

see ya =)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say this.

**** ME. I am not worthy to main Link. I couldn't even follow my own dam rules. I'm a complete failure at life.

SuSa

Nice fail.

At least you're not as bad as me, making two threads that were completely useless and should have been placed in this thread of the metagame discussion.

But **** get's overlooked in both those threads, and no one seems to care, the person who posted it normally forgets to remind everyone about it, little discussion actually happens, but nooooo we should post in those instead.

I have a question.... when I bombslide to whatever direction I want, sometimes I end blowing up myself >_> as far as I know its because I am doing something wrong... but I cant figure out exactly what... I think its about the timing but I am not sure, and yeah, I have tap jump off

see ya =)
you must let link start his dash before making the DAC input, if there is something else you do wrong I dunno

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
How do you retreat with Arrows in arrow canceling? Every time I do it, it usually either A: Becomes a useless turn-around arrow, or B: I have to do it close to the ground, and it isn't canceled in animation, and becomes laggy.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
How do you retreat with Arrows in arrow canceling? Every time I do it, it usually either A: Becomes a useless turn-around arrow, or B: I have to do it close to the ground, and it isn't canceled in animation, and becomes laggy.
Retreat in what way? Retreating while walking? Running? Bair? Just a plain jump? It almost feels self-explanatory but the only way to arrow cancel is from a jump...so walking and running aren't possible... If you're jump retreating into the right direction...hit B and a few milliseconds after hitting B tap Left on the Control Stick so it reverses to where I guess your enemy is on the left.

Not sure if that helps...but this question seemed almost self-explanatory D:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I just got back from a tourney, they were there for Melee but we played brawl friendlies. I got my *** handed to me by a Fox and a Marth(even after winning against a MetaKnight). How can I fight these two?

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Is Wi-Fi being extra lame to anyone? It takes forever for me to log on lately and I absolutely can't log on to anyone's game.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Super mega lame. I'll be gone for a week cya later. I now declare Wifi worse than "Wifi Sucks" status.

Help me find a new name to determine the new fail wifi has presented us.

Kief

Smash Ace
is airdodging a way to momentum cancel?

im pretty sure its not cus i didnt see it in arkive's video (sorry for misspelling), but i wanted to make sure cus i have a habit of doing that.

also does the c-stick move your character the way u push it while in the air?

i've seen some people say it does, but if that was true then why would you bair while flying to the sides?

Kief

Smash Ace
wow the great DI king himself! lol

anyway so if u get sent flying left and are trying to do a bair with the c-stick, but are still in hitlag, you're esentially moving yourself further away from the stage?

(holy crap im not a nOOb anymore! *celebrates*)

D

Deleted member

anyway so if u get sent flying left and are trying to do a bair with the c-stick, but are still in hitlag, you're esentially moving yourself further away from the stage?
yea because it would be smash DI, hitlag happens immediately after you're hit.

Kief

Smash Ace
i see i see. so is it still worth it evertime u get sent flying to start trying to bair to momentum cancel anyway or would u recommend waiting until you think the hitlag is over to try a bair?

i suck at DI if you cant tell. lol.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
ok i got a question, me and my friends have trouble getting videos recorded mainly because they're fairly long.

is there a time restriction on these videos? like 3 minutes or something?

sasook

Smash Champion
i see i see. so is it still worth it evertime u get sent flying to start trying to bair to momentum cancel anyway or would u recommend waiting until you think the hitlag is over to try a bair?

i suck at DI if you cant tell. lol.
hitlag in brawl is next to nothing, just go for the bair everytime

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
ah ok, thanks Havokk

i also have to get myself into the swing of DI i usually forget to do it while im playing or the momentum canceling, just something i gotta practice on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom