• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but there's no way I'm reading all that XD not at once anyway.

So Kirby can eat items and gain their abilities? Assuming he can only eat one at a time, it's still a bit OP'ed since he could, for instance, eat a fire flower, have a mother badge equipped, AND be holding a Lip's Stick? :O Mind you, can "absorbed" items like the Bunny Hood and the badge be stacked anyway? I don't like the sound of a Metal Bunny Franklin Screw-Jumping Mario at ALL. :p

And Wario sounds just like the sort of character I would use, quirky but surprisingly powerful. :) And I expect the "healing" attributes of his stage are true, since he seem like a "coward" character, as he eats projectiles fo health too, it matches his Brawl persona for his home-turf to heal you. Although it might just mean if you pass them you don't take damage from the stage.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
For all the Birdo talk.. you do realize that the Birdo is a species just like the Yoshi. And the common Birdo with the diamond ring that has appeared playable is DIFFERENT than the other ones. This one is a female. Yes there are male birdos and other females, but they are focusing on the one with the ring.

I'm glad that Birdo is included in some form. [If it's true]

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
One of our Japanese speakers maybe should be an emissary to the forums and let the Japanese know some of the information we've found about Brawl and possible characters on our side, and maybe they'll know something we don't?

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but there's no way I'm reading all that XD not at once anyway.

So Kirby can eat items and gain their abilities? Assuming he can only eat one at a time, it's still a bit OP'ed since he could, for instance, eat a fire flower, have a mother badge equipped, AND be holding a Lip's Stick? :O Mind you, can "absorbed" items like the Bunny Hood and the badge be stacked anyway? I don't like the sound of a Metal Bunny Franklin Screw-Jumping Mario at ALL. :p
Well, if you're playing with items you're not worried about balance in the first place. So I don't see why a situation like that would be a big deal.

-SynikaL

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the Japanese allready know everything we have to offer, as Kei translated the important points of Gimpy's thread to them.

Kei also said he doesn't care for being a liassion, too much of a hassle.

I took "Best 18" in the tournament btw(which makes me tied with 5 more people as 13th.) out of 42, which is basically the same as i got last time, Best 16 out of 34(13th as well).

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Since I'm getting knee surgery done this Tuesday...I'll be out from school for a week or so...so i can help find the commercials while everyone else is at school or work or something...just an offer.

Because I'm quite sure that there will be new CM updates this week.

BiskeTheBeast

Smash Rookie
wow the CMs rox, ice climbers and PT FSs are cool

BTW, someone has confirmed-deconfirmed tingle, birdo and raiden as ATs???

roroverma

Smash Cadet
if he keeps shooting fire projectiles its probably the curry and if it goes and stops again and again, its probably the fire flower. Also, which page is the video on where kirby shoots the fire?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I could've sworn I saw it say Kumatora AT somewhere on here. Was that disproved?
wow the CMs rox, ice climbers and PT FSs are cool

BTW, someone has confirmed-deconfirmed tingle, birdo and raiden as ATs???
They all came from the same source: a guy on GameFAQs who apparently went to JumpFesta. We have no actual proof, and no one on the Japanese boards has corroborated this information. In other words, we are as of yet unsure. :ohwell:

BiskeTheBeast

Smash Rookie
They all came from the same source: a guy on GameFAQs who apparently went to JumpFesta. We have no actual proof, and no one on the Japanese boards has corroborated this information. In other words, we are as of yet unsure. :ohwell:

ok, thx for the answer :)

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they'll tell us about some new characters...

I want to see as many starters as possible, but like many others, I'd rather find out about the unlockables on my own...

I hope SSE has multiple plots and endings depending on what you do (I know about the princess bit, but doesn't it change more dramatically than that?), so you could go through it many times but have a different experience each time around...

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they'll tell us about some new characters...

I want to see as many starters as possible, but like many others, I'd rather find out about the unlockables on my own...

I hope SSE has multiple plots and endings depending on what you do (I know about the princess bit, but doesn't it change more dramatically than that?), so you could go through it many times but have a different experience each time around...

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Great Thread...

And I am glad Wario moves "normal" in the trailer I though he would be like Game and Watch..

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Alright Shortfuse! But we need translations, like faithful ones. Where's Panda?!
What are you talking about? We have translators. SamuraiPanda hasn't started helping us yet. All this information is from other translators. The SamuraiPanda translation is a quote from his translation thread. He didn't translate anything for this thread specifically. Maybe when he's not so busy he can join the team but right now, I don't hink it's so urgent and if it's not so urgent I don't feel like demanding things from him, things we can do ourselves.

On a sidenote, I'd like to shift the direction of the project to look for Japanese gaming sites. Brawl is coming out soon, in 17 days. When (not a matter of if) gaming sites get early hands-on footage I want us to be right on it, first ones to know. I would think, since Sakurai knows it's a big game, he'll have to give them two weeks to beat SSE and unlock all the characters. They'll have to get it earlier than the public, earlier than the 24th.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I noticed the title change. If I go to amazon.jp, it says SOLD OUT under Brawl preorders or something?
Multiple news sites are saying there's a shortage on amazon.jp for brawl.
Amazon was selling them and now says "notice me when item comes available"
It's not just me speculating. Multiple Japanese news sites confirm it. No one knows if they'll have some ready for launch

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah I just checked the website, the only thing that was in english was the auto-notify of stock.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Multiple news sites are saying there's a shortage on amazon.jp for brawl.
Amazon was selling them and now says "notice me when item comes available"
It's not just me speculating. Multiple Japanese news sites confirm it. No one knows if they'll have some ready for launch

Ok, I knew you had some kind of proof to back up your statement, I was just curious about it.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Now I'm mildly worried.... >.>'

I'm one of those people who can't get a pre-order simply because I don't have the chance to.
I'm sure you could find them in stores still. Mario Galaxy wa shyped and sold ok, and you could still find 40 copies on display the day it came out.

Card

Smash Lord
Music:
  • Two songs titled "Athletic" and "Ending BGM" were selectable on the Yoshi's Island stage
I found a pretty good Remix of the song "Athletic" for the Yoshi's Island stage on ocremix.org.
The song Athletic comes from Super Mario World II: Yoshi's Island.

Heres the URL to the song;
Direct D/L: http://ocremix.dreamhosters.com/songs/Yoshi's_Island_Dino_Band_Rehearsal_OC_ReMix.mp3

Keep up the good work ShortFuse

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Plenty, obviously.

And when the Japanese video game otaku starts getting desperate, he'll start going to other venues...

In other words...don't be surprised, if the different pre-orders for Japanese games on import retailers like play-asia.com, are often taken by actual Japanese citizens themselves. ^_^

roroverma

Smash Cadet
So I wonder if this is just the first shipment that is sold out or the first few?
There will be alot more places where it'll be sold out. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL here. The SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL. Also, most people thought there would have been a character update today and whaddya know its a bunch more stages.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Bad news guys. My laptop doesn't boot into Windows. I didn't bring an XP CD to repair it.
The computer I'm on now is the desktop and has 24k dial-up. Yeah, really bad. I'm going to see if I can tether it to my phone and download an XP CD to fix my computer.

Since it's 700mb, and my phone here downloads at 18k, I will take 11 hours to download the XP. I don't know if I can tether that long and NOT get caught. I won't be here to update or research so much. I get back home on the 13th but I hope I can get my laptop fixed before then.

Zink

Smash Champion
Bad news guys. My laptop doesn't boot into Windows. I didn't bring an XP CD to repair it.
The computer I'm on now is the desktop and has 24k dial-up. Yeah, really bad. I'm going to see if I can tether it to my phone and download an XP CD to fix my computer.

Since it's 700mb, and my phone here downloads at 18k, I will take 11 hours to download the XP. I don't know if I can tether that long and NOT get caught. I won't be here to update or research so much. I get back home on the 13th but I hope I can get my laptop fixed before then.
If you get a chance to check this, there's... other ways. Do you have access to another computer? It's not too difficult to burn a CD for some flavor of Linux and boot to that. It's also possible, with some distros, to have it copy itself to a USB memory key and boot to that. Such distros are often quite small (DSL is 50megs), so they might be faster to download.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
There will be alot more places where it'll be sold out. We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL here. The SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL. Also, most people thought there would have been a character update today and whaddya know its a bunch more stages.
Not really how it works.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
It's good to see this thread bumped.
It's bad to see Short Fuse suffering internet issues.

Top Bottom