• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
This has already been said, I am sure of it:

Birdo's a girl. Not a man. :p

In Birdo's biography of the Super Mario Bros. 2 instruction booklet, it reads "He thinks he's a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called Birdetta."

A lil off topic I know, but I couldn't let him live a lie!

Also,

To make a small recap, there's 2 Wi-Fi vids.
One shows 1v1 online.
One shows 2 on one Wii v 2 on one Wii.

We all saw it coming, but it's so delicious now that we know.

And this thread is rockin'.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's nice to know that Birdo is an AT, and it's also nice to know that Isaac wasn't seen as an AT. (it worries me every time I see confirmation of ATs.:()

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry guys. I've just hopped on a plane today and haven't been home. I'm online with my cellphone now.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Metroid's instruction booklet mentioned Samus was a male cyborg. We can argue their canonicity anytime.
But can you argue against in-game dialogue from the Japanese version of a game?

In the JP version of Mario Kart: Double Dash, Birdo's profile can be basically translated as follows:

"Appears to be Yoshi's girlfriend....or should that be 'boyfriend'?!"

So...not only does it pretty much confirm the fact that Yoshi and Birdo are quite definitely bumping butts, but the JP dialogue seems to point to the notion that Birdo is a ******, too. It's really only NoA, and their interests of catering to soccer moms, that probably makes it so that there's so much confusion in the first place...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I have an additional link to a website that may be useful:

http://ikusaba.client.jp/

It is a character prediction site and is connected with this fansite: http://ikusaba.ifdef.jp/top.htm

I didn't see this website among your many others, so I decided to place it here so the cominity can know about it.

Note: do not click the "English Here" link it doesn't work.
I remember this site! Found it a ways back over the summer. What bothers me most is that their "chance of appearing" meters are way off, IMO. They put somebody like Wolf at a higher chance of appearing than Young Link. If anything, they're equal.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
About time. :)
Let's keep the juicy bits of info flowin.
Dammit! I can't. I'm tethering and here in Florida I only get EDGE. No 3G internet. It's so slow. I'm going to try to modify my router to be a wireless repeater and hopefully steal a neighbor's WiFi

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
wow, those commercials are epic. It's good to actually hear sounds of the game, instead of Press one!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Dammit! I can't. I'm tethering and here in Florida I only get EDGE. No 3G internet. It's so slow. I'm going to try to modify my router to be a wireless repeater and hopefully steal a neighbor's WiFi
lol. I think we've all tried that at least once. Good luck with that.

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
Is Fireflower the only item that is confirmed that Kirby can copy? Is it even confirmed that he can copy items? If it is, its EPIC

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I remember this site! Found it a ways back over the summer. What bothers me most is that their "chance of appearing" meters are way off, IMO. They put somebody like Wolf at a higher chance of appearing than Young Link. If anything, they're equal.
But I do like that they gave Claus (!!!) and Sukapon such high chances. :grin: Here's to hoping that Claus really IS in Brawl! That's my one character wish for this game.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay, I added those two videos now and ujpdated the first post to state I won't be here so much for a week.

Top Bottom